JohnMirage: Paxil 12 years ago. Is it permanent - nerves and mitochondria dysfunction?

JohnMirage

Hello all!

I have been on Paxil SSRI back in 2010. (I was 20 years old back then) for 2 or 3 weeks, and since then I still didnt recover from it. I dont know is this state permanent? I was jsut on this ssri for 2, 3 weeks and then stopped, never ever took another drug. I never been depresed, I made stupid mistake to take SSRI for self confidence. I was young and stupid, naive... I should have stopped this drug when I got first side effect, but doctor said keep taking it... I was stupid !!!

After using SSRI for 2,3 weeks my memory is bad, concentration is bad, sleep is not so good as before and its not refreshing, erection is at 50% and weak, muscles in whole body are softer, my feelings in arms and legs are like jelly and light, I feel like Im tired all the time... I felt DRASTIC cnange in my health to worse ... And for all of this years I just cant recover !?

I been back then to a lot of doctors, becaues at that 2 or 3 week using Paxil I had all of this symptoms come up and stayed like this. I didnt know for PSSD and that SSRI can cause all of this... so been to a lot of doctors and testes, MRI head, EMNG muscles, EEG head, blood work, autoimune, allergy, gut health, hormones, etc and ALL TEST WERE OKAY.

So that leave us with nerves??

My feeling in hands and legs are not firm and heavy as before.. its like my whole body, hands, legs are tired and fatigued and my walk is different then before.. its like jelly hands/legs.. Like I am older then I am... I think I should feel tired like this when I am 50 years old, but now I am 33 years old?!

That SSRI have done something to nerves, is it epigenetic changes, or damage from neurotoxines, or some desenzitivitisation, or something is missing, and because of that I just cant recover ?!

When Im tired I have strange senzation in my lower back and legs, like pain but very light ... its not inflamation of muscles. I have that frequent since using SSRI, and before SSRI I had that feeling just once in my life. 

So my theory that I had some condition, or I had predisposition, and SSRI have done same changes that stayed like that? 

I have read this post: 

It makes a lot of sence that there is some changes is energy levels and thats why I feel older then I am, am fatigued all the time... sleep bad, erection bad, muscles tired, memory,... I dont have the same passion for things that I like, like before SSRI...

I just dont know why I dont recover, I eat reasonably healthy, dont drink, dont do drugs, Im going to bad and sleep a little late - but im working on that to go to bed early (not very successfull), ... WHY CANT i recover... im stuck ... 

I noticed when i take Coenzime Q10 that I have more energy, but that is only while Im on coq10... 

Should I try high dose of complex vitamin B ? Anybody feels like this, and have this kind of feelings in hands and legs?

Maybe this SSRI is like illegal drugs, something is changed and you cant recover 100%... recover to 100% normal state pre ssri? 

Can anyone help?

• ChessieCat changed the title to JohnMirage: Paxil 12 years ago. Is it permanent - nerves and mitochondria dysfunction?
  • Moderator Emeritus

Hi there JohnMirage,

Any windows?  Periods of time where you are not having symptoms or where you note definite improvement overall?

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization

I would hope so.

I mean even some relief in your thinking about symptoms all the time would be considered a window.

Health anxiety, hypochondria and obsession with symptoms

Good that your tests have all been normal.

Have you attempted any non-drug therapy or alternative modalities to drugs to get after what led you to the Paxil prescription in the first place?

Now might be a really great time to pursue non drug non prescription modalities of healing.

I think you can recover JM.  I do. 

And good for you.....great to have gone all these years without further drugs/medications.

Sorry for the delay getting you started.  Your next post will need approval too, that's standard in getting started.

Meantime this is your Introduction page, and the best place to communicate with us, or ask further questions.

Welcome.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

manymoretodays(mmt)

I'll direct you now to :  How to Summarize Your Drug History in Your Signature

(note: this is different from what you put into your registration profile, and will appear under all your posts once done)

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for reply...

I feel really bad, because I was feeling lonely and bad in that period in my life... I was 20 yrs old. I should have never took that damn drug... I didnt have parents to advise me and to help me... I was on that SSRI for 3 weeks, that was chronic use which changed a lot of things in brain and I feel like my life is destroyed... 

ALl the thigs that I used to like and that bringed me joy and happiness are after use of that SSRI FADED ... all the things that I loved are faded, not so exciting...

I cant get excited enough to have full erection...erection its at 60%.. 

I were tired and lonelly but my erection before SSRI was full.
Now I cant just recover from that SSRI!

I wish I knew better, how could I be so stupid... I dont know what to to anymore... all looks faded...

12 years after use I cant get a good night sleep... like before SSRI...

I was completly healthy, now my memory, muscles, sleep, erection,... its all bad... and tests are good... something locally on brain is destroyed or altered... 

I just dont know what to do and how will this end...