Neuroemotions

Healing

Hey if anyone reads this, would love some insight. 
I had a disproportionate strong emotional reaction to something (the impression that a friend was getting distant; massive trigger for me ). I just felt like my ptsd was coming back, which was disappointing because I’ve treated it thanks to a great therapy session where I confronted my trauma a year ago (while in wd). I’m terribly shocked by the emotions I felt. I wonder if it’s really ptsd or a neuro emotion? Like if I weren’t in post withdrawal it wouldn’t have been that strong? I’m also having my periods right now, which also makes me very sensitive to rejection.  Anyway long story short I’m confused about what is neuro emotion and what is not!!

April 2020: 10mg Escitalopram 

July 2020: fast tapper tried to quit. Failed. 
september 2020: Trintellix 20mg. 
october 2021: fast taper off Trintellix (1 week). Reinstated 10mg in January 2022 for 3 weeks, failed, kindling effect so I quit rapidly, now off meds since then. 

• 2 weeks later...

Both artificial emotions and the heightening of real ones are indicative of neuro-emotions; hang in there!

I have this shroud of fear/dysphoria over me that I'd like to see gone; it's completely artificial. It's ridiculous.

December 2021 - Metoclopramide started. Akathisia symptoms start; Metoclopramide gets changed to PRN.

March 2022 - Akathisia diagnosed; Metoclopramide stopped; Propranolol 10mg x twice a day. Biperiden PRN (0.5mg to 1mg).

April 2022 - Tandospirone 30mg (10mg 3x day), Quetiapine 25mg (only taken once, immediate adr). Mirtazapine 7.5mg. . Discontinued Propranolol.

May 2022 - Mirtazapine upped to 15mg. Tandospirone cut to 2x 10mg. Low dose Depakote for the month; 100 to 200 to 100 to 0. Mirtazapine cut back to 11.75mg (3/4 of a 15mg pill).
June 2022 - Mirtazapine updose to 15mg. Tandospirone, Biperiden discontinued. Klonopin started PRN (0.5mg). 
September 2022 - Akathisia slowly starts improving, WD/ADR normal sets in in mid September. Hold for 4 months.
March 2023 - Off mirtazapine; no Klonopin for 5 months either! Started quercetin (250mg x 2) to soften the histamine rebound.

May 2023 - Stopped quercetin and changed from magnesium carbonate to oxide - reacted badly. Reverted back to carbonate. 
June 2023 - Added fish oil.
Current regimen: CALM Magnesium (Carbonate into Citrate) 175mg x2; Vitamin E 268mg x2; Fish oil (100mg Omega3; EPA 30mg; DHA 37mg)x2
Intro thread: 
https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/27095-portuguesesea-metoclopramide-akathisia-and-mirtazapine/

• 4 weeks later...

Iam really struggling at the moment iam down from 75mg effexor xr currently at 50 mg my body is shaking constantly I can't handle any stress without being overwhelmed and I suppose what iam constantly wondering is this withdrawal or my anxiety coming back stronger has anyone else felt anything similar or have any advice thanks .

I was previously on lexapro 10 mg from August 2011 to November 22 the Effexor 75 mg from November 22 to currently 

On 8/28/2023 at 10:42 AM, paulk23 said:

Iam really struggling at the moment iam down from 75mg effexor xr currently at 50 mg my body is shaking constantly I can't handle any stress without being overwhelmed and I suppose what iam constantly wondering is this withdrawal or my anxiety coming back stronger has anyone else felt anything similar or have any advice thanks .

I had something similar when stopping Effexor and going from 37.5mg to 0mg. I had subtle body tremor and shaking, thought I was imaging it initially, and struggled with involuntary jaw clenching - i could feel I was clenching it but couldn't relax it. I've also previously experienced small brief muscle spasms when on higher doses of Effexor - 75mg and above. 

Withdrawal from AD can make you more irritable and easily stressed overwhelmed so it is not out with the possibility that it is withdrawal. I see you are in Ireland. I'm in the UK.

The royal college of psychiatrist UK have issued really good guidelines recently that has an FAQ section with your exact question about withdrawal vs relapse. I've found it incredibly helpful and reputable- here's the link. https://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/mental-health/treatments-and-wellbeing/stopping-antidepressants

escitalopram 10mg 2014. 

venlafaxine 75mg 2015 - 2017.

venlafaxine 150mg 2017 - 2020.

venlafaxine 75mg 2020- May 2023.

venlafaxine 37.5mg May 2023 - July 2023. 8th July 2023 stopped completely. 

sertraline 50mg 15th - 20th August 2023 due to PWS. 

Venlafaxine 37.5mg reinstatement 21st August 2023.

3 hours ago, Alexmember said:

I had something similar when stopping Effexor and going from 37.5mg to 0mg. I had subtle body tremor and shaking, thought I was imaging it initially, and struggled with involuntary jaw clenching - i could feel I was clenching it but couldn't relax it. I've also previously experienced small brief muscle spasms when on higher doses of Effexor - 75mg and above. 

Withdrawal from AD can make you more irritable and easily stressed overwhelmed so it is not out with the possibility that it is withdrawal. I see you are in Ireland. I'm in the UK.

The royal college of psychiatrist UK have issued really good guidelines recently that has an FAQ section with your exact question about withdrawal vs relapse. I've found it incredibly helpful and reputable- here's the link. https://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/mental-health/treatments-and-wellbeing/stopping-antidepressants

@Alexmember I’m presently tapering Prozac. Just made a drop to 5.25mgs and am experiencing terrible terror and anxiety. I’ve been going through this on and off for 2 years now. Part of the process. Neuro emotions are pure torture.

1993 started 20mg Prozac.

2008 switched to 10mg of lexapro.

2015 added 50mg of Wellbutrin. Between 2015 and 2020 raised and lowered dosage of both. 2021 moved to Zoloft for one month then back to lexapro for one month. Then switched to 60mg cymbalta for four months. Then Basically cold turkeyed off cymbalta in two weeks using Prozac as a crossover med to reduce withdrawals. Not good. Then had Nortriptylene added to Prozac. Was on 20mg Prozac and 50mg of Nortriptylene for four months. Then did a four month ween off Nortriptylene. To date have been off cymbalta for approximately 11 months and Nortriptylene 7 weeks.  Presently taking 12.5 mg Prozac. Also taking 10 mg of bystolic for BLood Pressure. I’m not sure how the Prozac makes me feel. It does nothing to make me feel not sad and anxious at times. I finally figured out the meds are not what I need. What I need is to get off the 12.5mg of Prozac and continue to work on my stuff. Any help is deeply appreciated thank you. Reduced from 12.5 to 10 then from 10 to 7.5. Too much of a drop. Bought a scale and went to 9. Stabilized and went to 8.2 oct 1, 2022. Just got hit with wicked low mood, high anxiety, fatigue, chills. The anxiety is high in the AM and  lessons throughout the day. Hoping to stabilize soon 

On 8/28/2023 at 5:42 AM, paulk23 said:

@paulk23 hi I just made a reduction of 8% of Prozac to 5.25mgs. Too big of a drop. I’m also struggling with anxiety and neuro feelings fear and doom. Intrusive memories etc. That was a huge drop you made. Time will be needed to adjust. 

1993 started 20mg Prozac.

2008 switched to 10mg of lexapro.

2015 added 50mg of Wellbutrin. Between 2015 and 2020 raised and lowered dosage of both. 2021 moved to Zoloft for one month then back to lexapro for one month. Then switched to 60mg cymbalta for four months. Then Basically cold turkeyed off cymbalta in two weeks using Prozac as a crossover med to reduce withdrawals. Not good. Then had Nortriptylene added to Prozac. Was on 20mg Prozac and 50mg of Nortriptylene for four months. Then did a four month ween off Nortriptylene. To date have been off cymbalta for approximately 11 months and Nortriptylene 7 weeks.  Presently taking 12.5 mg Prozac. Also taking 10 mg of bystolic for BLood Pressure. I’m not sure how the Prozac makes me feel. It does nothing to make me feel not sad and anxious at times. I finally figured out the meds are not what I need. What I need is to get off the 12.5mg of Prozac and continue to work on my stuff. Any help is deeply appreciated thank you. Reduced from 12.5 to 10 then from 10 to 7.5. Too much of a drop. Bought a scale and went to 9. Stabilized and went to 8.2 oct 1, 2022. Just got hit with wicked low mood, high anxiety, fatigue, chills. The anxiety is high in the AM and  lessons throughout the day. Hoping to stabilize soon 

13 hours ago, Mezzer said:

@Alexmember I’m presently tapering Prozac. Just made a drop to 5.25mgs and am experiencing terrible terror and anxiety. I’ve been going through this on and off for 2 years now. Part of the process. Neuro emotions are pure torture.

I'm with you. They really are. I'm also struggling a lot with terror feelings and 10/10 anxiety that come in intense waves. And the general feeling of constant impending doom - it's painful in a way I can't explain. Feelings I've never ever experienced before even when first starting Effexor for anxiety/depression. At times I feel better and feel more distanced to it all but other times it takes over and is almost paralysing. 

escitalopram 10mg 2014. 

venlafaxine 75mg 2015 - 2017.

venlafaxine 150mg 2017 - 2020.

venlafaxine 75mg 2020- May 2023.

venlafaxine 37.5mg May 2023 - July 2023. 8th July 2023 stopped completely. 

sertraline 50mg 15th - 20th August 2023 due to PWS. 

Venlafaxine 37.5mg reinstatement 21st August 2023.

• 1 month later...

Can a neuro-emotion be relentless for months without end? My dysphoria has no trigger, it is just there, all the time. It manifests with mostly tearfulness.
My symptoms are getting better, this one is the stickiest of all it appears...

December 2021 - Metoclopramide started. Akathisia symptoms start; Metoclopramide gets changed to PRN.

March 2022 - Akathisia diagnosed; Metoclopramide stopped; Propranolol 10mg x twice a day. Biperiden PRN (0.5mg to 1mg).

April 2022 - Tandospirone 30mg (10mg 3x day), Quetiapine 25mg (only taken once, immediate adr). Mirtazapine 7.5mg. . Discontinued Propranolol.

May 2022 - Mirtazapine upped to 15mg. Tandospirone cut to 2x 10mg. Low dose Depakote for the month; 100 to 200 to 100 to 0. Mirtazapine cut back to 11.75mg (3/4 of a 15mg pill).
June 2022 - Mirtazapine updose to 15mg. Tandospirone, Biperiden discontinued. Klonopin started PRN (0.5mg). 
September 2022 - Akathisia slowly starts improving, WD/ADR normal sets in in mid September. Hold for 4 months.
March 2023 - Off mirtazapine; no Klonopin for 5 months either! Started quercetin (250mg x 2) to soften the histamine rebound.

May 2023 - Stopped quercetin and changed from magnesium carbonate to oxide - reacted badly. Reverted back to carbonate. 
Current regimen: CALM Magnesium (Carbonate into Citrate) 175mg x2; Vitamin E 268mg x2; Fish oil (100mg Omega3; EPA 30mg; DHA 37mg)x2
Intro thread: 
https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/27095-portuguesesea-metoclopramide-akathisia-and-mirtazapine/

• 2 weeks later...

@PortugueseSea yes it can. My dyshophoria lasted about 7 months then it stoped for 2 months. Now it's back again but I would say it is a mild dysphoria, it's less intenses. Thank God! With time it will desappear.

24yMale

2017- Serteline (6months)

2022-2023 Trazodone (1 year):

50mg up to 100mg

Stoped cold turkey on 31 of Dececember 2022

Withdrawal Simptons since then:

-panic attacks (never had before); -anhedonia (never had before); -erectil disfuntion (never had before); -numbness of the genitals (never had before); -depression; -insomnia; -windows and waves pattern; -claustrophobia (never had before); -neuro-emotions

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/31/2023 at 4:31 AM, Leonardo said:

My dyshophoria lasted about 7 months then it stoped for 2 months. Now it's back again but I would say it is a mild dysphoria, it's less intenses. Thank God! With time it will desappear.

Thanks for your answer, it is really a challenge isn't it? I have had a few days recently where it has been occasionally less intense. Still, I am tired of all the heaviness in my eyes and the tearfulness. I was working the other day and started tearing up when I was telling a sad story to my client. Insanity.

It will go.

Bless you.

Intro thread: 

Just a question has anyone experienced chronic muscle tension having to scream to release it while coming off effexor I actually have had it since I've been on them but it has worsened as I've tapered, really is causing me a lot of distress.

I was previously on lexapro 10 mg from August 2011 to November 22 the Effexor 75 mg from November 22 to currently 

11 hours ago, paulk23 said:

Just a question has anyone experienced chronic muscle tension having to scream to release it while coming off effexor I actually have had it since I've been on them but it has worsened as I've tapered, really is causing me a lot of distress.

It is a common withdrawal/adverse reaction symptom, I have had it and it has improved quite a bit but yeah, when it is there nothing can release it. I could scream but that will probably make it even tense up more, cannot speak to the effexor.

Intro thread: 

On 10/19/2023 at 10:39 PM, PortugueseSea said:

Can a neuro-emotion be relentless for months without end? My dysphoria has no trigger, it is just there, all the time. It manifests with mostly tearfulness.
My symptoms are getting better, this one is the stickiest of all it appears...

Yes I have this too. It comes & goes in different intensities. It’s ridiculous I know it’s not the real me but I have no control over it. Can’t wait until this symptom goes my life would be a lot easier. You’re not alone @PortugueseSea

April 2022- Only 1 celxa pill 10mg

had an adverse reaction & never took anymore again 

• 2 months later...

Neuro-emotions: 

• Incredibly intense, magnified, warped, and “artificial”-feeling emotions that seem completely out of context or unnatural to you

I think I posted here? These emotions can be much more than just neurological symptoms of withdrawal. They can be also the natural and true emotions that the drugs suppressed/chemically altered multiplied in intensity by each drugged year.

I'm strongly against neurological reductionism, it's the same harmful approach that psychiatry use to get a lot of people into these drugs and hooked to them.

Mid Feb 2017 - Mid March 2017 0.25mg Sertraline

March 2017 - last months of 2019 0.50mg Sertraline

Last months of 2019 - tappering, cold turkey and reinstating multiple times, decided to not take it any longer (suffering unknown withdrawal)

April 2020 - end August 2020 - 0.50mg again, stopped cold turkey

Jan/Feb 2021 (Can't remember exactly) - 0.25mg or 0.50mg Sertraline for 1-3 weeks max

0.00mg since August 2020

A good watch about neuro emotions 

Prior to March 2020 - no meds in 37yr life., no anxiety or depression.

mar’20- hospital with Covid like sym- panic attack- scared by reaction to ceftriaxone antibiotic - rash and tongue Never was covid, likely stomach bug

Apr ‘20- told to see psychiatrist after hospital(didn’t know one panic attack shouldn’t) .75mg K and 5mg Lexapro

May ‘20- switched to 25mg Sertrakine  mid June ‘20- .75-.625mg K by psych in weeek spiraled ended up in ER bc so sick; 10mg Trazodone for sleep, tapered 10mg over 2wks Jul ‘20

july’20- Sertrtrakine taper 25mg-18mh - aka terrible didnt know what was ;Dr said let’s change to 5mg Prozac

aug’20-tapered 5mg after taking for 2 weeks next 4 weeks, 1/4 pill a week.

Aug’20- Sept 5mg ambien tapered off over a month in Sept 2020. 12mg Seroquel given and immediately tapered over 3 weeks in Oct 20. Jan 21- 2 weeks 10mg  Elavil for sleep(didn’t know better), eye issues so CTd per Dr- 6wk Wd.

Mar’21- Started slow K taoer .635mg to .005mg-Aug’23 ;may’22-Aug 23-drop .01mg K liquid comp a month the last .16mg Jumped at .005mg-severe acute, akathisia and in dark closet for 8 wks bc eyes severe any light caused aka worse. all beta blockers once and caused worse, spec clonidine ,severe reaction. Severe SI and attempt - Psych hosoitaks invol Nov/Dec23- multiple meds one off, Lipitor for 3 wks- forced when refused, Depakote trial 10 days 250mg, ECt twice ugh with muscle relaxer ketamine and propofol- all meds what I didn’t want used against me and forced.

12/2/23- psych hosp 7.5mg Mirtazapine for severe aka but myoclonic jolts, eye issues and no benefit . 12/10- forced me 15mg 5 days, 7.5 since 12/15/23 .home 12/18. Tested covid positive 12/22/23. Negative 12/30. nightmare traumatized and hell on mirt not knowing what’s adverse effects(severe RLS, brain racing/swirling, eye flashing, jolts) after taking 

Severe neuro issues

100+ symptoms thru K taper and on

Anyone else have anxiety as a symptom & then literally a hour later become sad and depressed instead?  Like it goes back and fourth with extreme emotions & most of the time it feels like it’s not really how I feel 

36 minutes ago, peaceandlove said:

Anyone else have anxiety as a symptom & then literally a hour later become sad and depressed instead?  Like it goes back and fourth with extreme emotions & most of the time it feels like it’s not really how I feel 

Yes, 100%. I'm dealing with that now. I'm also dealing with intense agoraphobia that gets worse before my period. I never used to be like this :( 

So annoying but I'll take it over mass destabilization and electrical storms in my body.

July 2008: Began 150mg Effexor. January 2014: Five week taper off effexor. Off for four months before hospitalization and reinstatement

May 2014: 150mg Effexor and added 150mg Lamictal. March 2018: Five week taper off Effexor but stayed on 150mg Lamical. Mass destabilization began in July. Was trialed on celexa, remeron, latuda, and pristiq over six weeks. Added 1mg Ativan only as needed.

September 2018: Restarted 150 mg Effexor and still remained on 150 mg Lamictal. January 2022: Up to 187.5 of effexor, still on 150mg lamictal

October 2022: Down to 150 mg of effexor. March 2023: Down to 112.5 of effexor and down to 125 of Lamictal. May 2023: Bad break up triggers a wave, went up to 150mg of lamictal but stayed at 112.5 of effexor. Septmeber 2023: Down to 75 mg of Effexor. January 16: Bad wave after smoking weed. January 30: 76.2 mg of effexor. February 10: 77.4 of effexor.

14 minutes ago, KimMk said:

Yes, 100%. I'm dealing with that now. I'm also dealing with intense agoraphobia that gets worse before my period. I never used to be like this :( 

So annoying but I'll take it over mass destabilization and electrical storms in my body.

Ugh it sucks! I’m right along there with ya, as I am too going to get my period soon & I know symptoms intensify during our cycle. I never was before this either, it’s like I’m scared of everything. I’m hope it eases up for you & you get a window soon @KimMk

@peaceandlove I totally feel that. I was having windows and waves with terror and phobias but this depression has been solid and very stubborn for about two weeks now. I know it will just take a few more weeks. I was gonna go to the gym this afternoon but got too scared so I lift some weights at home which I'm actually pretty proud of.

July 2008: Began 150mg Effexor. January 2014: Five week taper off effexor. Off for four months before hospitalization and reinstatement

May 2014: 150mg Effexor and added 150mg Lamictal. March 2018: Five week taper off Effexor but stayed on 150mg Lamical. Mass destabilization began in July. Was trialed on celexa, remeron, latuda, and pristiq over six weeks. Added 1mg Ativan only as needed.

September 2018: Restarted 150 mg Effexor and still remained on 150 mg Lamictal. January 2022: Up to 187.5 of effexor, still on 150mg lamictal

October 2022: Down to 150 mg of effexor. March 2023: Down to 112.5 of effexor and down to 125 of Lamictal. May 2023: Bad break up triggers a wave, went up to 150mg of lamictal but stayed at 112.5 of effexor. Septmeber 2023: Down to 75 mg of Effexor. January 16: Bad wave after smoking weed. January 30: 76.2 mg of effexor. February 10: 77.4 of effexor.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone experienced fear of leaving the house, or anxiety when out and about. I never had this before WD. In thr acute phase it was really bad. Now that im months out its better but still very present. Im thinking this is a nero emotion because its not tied to anything? Then i thought its PTSD from the acute WD. anyone relate to this?

2012 july started prozac (i cant remember dosage)

2013 october tappered off prozac so i could switch to valafexine.

Nov 2013 started valafexine 37.5 day

Dec 2013 went up to 150 mg a day of valafexine (2-75s)

2020-started trazadone 1 50 mg

March 2022 - started tapper valafexine. I would take a 75 mg and cut 1/4 off of the second 75 mg tablet.

July 2023- completely off valafexine 

Oct 5th 2023 started 2 25s a day of valafexine Oct 9th went up to 100mg of valafexine a day

Oct 14 went down to 37.5 of valafexine.

Oct 21 started mirtazapine 15 mg and 2- 5 mg buspar

Oct 23 stopped valafexine

Oct 28 stopped buspar

Posted (edited)

Hi @missy27

I had random bouts of this. I lived in London for a period during WD and I had a physical terror reaction to the red double decker buses. Nobody knew why. Had no ptsd experience on them. This went for only a couple of days for me and quickly went away but goodness was it intense. 

With any kind of anxiety doing the thing despite the anxiety helps get through it. Sort of "fear but do it anyway!" 

Edited by Onmyway

"Nothing so small as a moment is insurmountable, and moments are all that we have. You have survived every trial and tribulation that life has thrown at you up until this very instant. When future troubles come—and they will come—a version of you will be born into that moment that can conquer them, too." - Kevin Koenig 

I am not a doctor and this should not be considered medical advice. You can use the information and recommendations provided in whatever way you want and all decisions on your treatment are yours. 

In the next few weeks I do not have a lot of capacity to respond to questions. If you need a quick answer pls tag or ask other moderators who may want to be tagged. 

Aug  2000 - July 2003 (ct, 4-6 wk wd) , citalopram 20 mg,  xanax prn, wellbutrin for a few months, trazodone prn 

Dec 2004 - July 2018 citalopram 20 mg, xanax prn (rarely used)

Aug 2018 - citalopram 40 mg (self titrated up)

September 2018 - January 2019 tapered citalopram - 40/30/20/10/5 no issues until a week after reaching 0

Feb 2019 0.25 xanax - 0.5/day (3 weeks) over to klonopin 0.25 once a day to manage severe wd

March 6, reinstated citalopram 2.5 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 mg for sleep 2-3 times a week

Apr 1st citalopram 2.0 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 once a week (off by 4/14/19- no tapering)

citalopram (liquid) 4/14/19 -1.8 mg, 5/8/19 - 1.6 mg,  7/27/19 -1.5 mg,  8/15/19 - 1.35, 2/21/21 - 1.1 (smaller drops in between), 6/20/21 - 1.03 mg, 8/7/21- 1.025, 8/11/21 - 1.02, 8/15/21 - 1.015, 9/3/21 - 0.925 (fingers crossed!), 10/8/21 - 0.9, 10/18/21 - 0.875, 12/31/21 - 0.85, 1/7/22 - 0.825, 1/14/22 - 0.8, 1/22/22 - 0.785, 8/18/22 - 0.59, 12/15/2022 - 0.48, 2/15/22 - 0.43, 25/07/23 - 0.25 (mistake), 6/08/23 - 0.33mg

Supplements: magnesium citrate and bi-glycinate

4 hours ago, Onmyway said:

Hi @missy27

I had random bouts of this. I lived in London for a period during WD and I had a physical terror reaction to the red double decker buses. Nobody knew why. Had no ptsd experience on them. This went for only a couple of days for me and quickly went away but goodness was it intense. 

With any kind of anxiety doing the thing despite the anxiety helps get through it. Sort of "fear but do it anyway!" 

Thank you for your input, i really appreciate it. That does sound intence and im glad you got through it. Thats kinda how im taking it, just push through the fear. Its just so weird to me, some days im right as rain with it and then some days i really have to breathe through it. Never had that before wd.

2012 july started prozac (i cant remember dosage)

2013 october tappered off prozac so i could switch to valafexine.

Nov 2013 started valafexine 37.5 day

Dec 2013 went up to 150 mg a day of valafexine (2-75s)

2020-started trazadone 1 50 mg

March 2022 - started tapper valafexine. I would take a 75 mg and cut 1/4 off of the second 75 mg tablet.

July 2023- completely off valafexine 

Oct 5th 2023 started 2 25s a day of valafexine Oct 9th went up to 100mg of valafexine a day

Oct 14 went down to 37.5 of valafexine.

Oct 21 started mirtazapine 15 mg and 2- 5 mg buspar

Oct 23 stopped valafexine

Oct 28 stopped buspar

Posted (edited)

Hi @missy27

everyone is different but for me the worst symptoms got better (not gone away but much better) around the 4-5 month mark.  And by the end of the first year I was much more functional (Covid lockdowns  hit then which was a blessing because it allowed having much less demand on my time and work). 

OMW

Edited by Onmyway

"Nothing so small as a moment is insurmountable, and moments are all that we have. You have survived every trial and tribulation that life has thrown at you up until this very instant. When future troubles come—and they will come—a version of you will be born into that moment that can conquer them, too." - Kevin Koenig 

I am not a doctor and this should not be considered medical advice. You can use the information and recommendations provided in whatever way you want and all decisions on your treatment are yours. 

In the next few weeks I do not have a lot of capacity to respond to questions. If you need a quick answer pls tag or ask other moderators who may want to be tagged. 

Aug  2000 - July 2003 (ct, 4-6 wk wd) , citalopram 20 mg,  xanax prn, wellbutrin for a few months, trazodone prn 

Dec 2004 - July 2018 citalopram 20 mg, xanax prn (rarely used)

Aug 2018 - citalopram 40 mg (self titrated up)

September 2018 - January 2019 tapered citalopram - 40/30/20/10/5 no issues until a week after reaching 0

Feb 2019 0.25 xanax - 0.5/day (3 weeks) over to klonopin 0.25 once a day to manage severe wd

March 6, reinstated citalopram 2.5 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 mg for sleep 2-3 times a week

Apr 1st citalopram 2.0 mg (liquid), klonopin 0.25 once a week (off by 4/14/19- no tapering)

citalopram (liquid) 4/14/19 -1.8 mg, 5/8/19 - 1.6 mg,  7/27/19 -1.5 mg,  8/15/19 - 1.35, 2/21/21 - 1.1 (smaller drops in between), 6/20/21 - 1.03 mg, 8/7/21- 1.025, 8/11/21 - 1.02, 8/15/21 - 1.015, 9/3/21 - 0.925 (fingers crossed!), 10/8/21 - 0.9, 10/18/21 - 0.875, 12/31/21 - 0.85, 1/7/22 - 0.825, 1/14/22 - 0.8, 1/22/22 - 0.785, 8/18/22 - 0.59, 12/15/2022 - 0.48, 2/15/22 - 0.43, 25/07/23 - 0.25 (mistake), 6/08/23 - 0.33mg

Supplements: magnesium citrate and bi-glycinate

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy