Giuly88:Having bad withdrawal from escitalopram

Giuly88

On 3/25/2024 at 2:15 AM, Rosetta said:

Hi, Giuly,

How are your muscles?  You can make a lotion or oil out of magnesium powder or Epsom salts.  You could use cocoa butter or even olive oil.  You need to dissolve the magnesium flakes or Epsom crystals in the cocoa butter or oil by using heat.  Some people dissolve them in a little water on the stove before mixing that into the butter or oil.  Then you put the lotion/oil on your skin where the affected muscles are.  

If magnesium was not something you tolerated well by mouth, maybe in this way, you could try it.  If you look online for DIY, the ratio is 1:1, but you could lower the magnesium or Epsom salt amount to begin with, and then add more later.

Taking an Epsom salt bath is good, too, of course.  

TigerBalm or IcyHot might be something you could try, as well.

Rosetta 

@Rosetta

Thank you so much Rosetta 😊 for your very detailed and invaluable advice. 

I have these stupid jerks, twisting of my torso and back muscles. I really hope one day they will subside. Any overstimulation, talking on the phone make these muscle movements worse and painful.

I have a type of spring anxiety type of thing. It is linked to pollen, air pressure and temperature.

Peace and love to you ❤️

Started 10mg escitalopram March 2016 and stopped CT Feb 2017.

Started 10mg citalopram May 2019

Swapped with mirtazapine mid June 2019 used for a week and then switched to Escitalopram 5mg at the end of July 2019, increased gradually to 10mg in September, 15mg in October and 20mg in January 2020. Tapered down to 15mg in April. 10mg in June then a week tapering to 5mg and then stopped CT. 
Resumed escitalopram in November 2020 at 5mg, increased to 10mg in February 2021, tapered down to 5mg in May 2021 and tapered down to 2.5 in the space of a week in September 2021. Resumed escitalopram at the end of December 2022 at 5mg, increased it to 10mg in March 2023 then tapered down to 5mg in June and down to 2.5mg in July. Started escitalopram 5mg beginning of December 2023 then stopped after 4 days. Took amytryptamine for 2 days then restarted escitalopram at 5mg, after two weeks increased it to 7.5mg, kept it for 1 week then 10mg for 1 week but two many side effects so went back to 5mg. Beginning of January 2023 stopped escitalopram for 1 day then 2.5mg for the next day. Developed  discontinuation symptoms reinstated it at 2.5 for 1 week and 1.5 for the following week then stopped. I’m currently experiencing withdrawal symptoms.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @Giuly88

Just wanted to check in to see how you're doing?

2003-2009 on and off various SSRI's for short periods, Ativan prn

2010-2011 Ativan, up to 1.5mg/day - tapered off without issue

2013-2021 ativan 1-1.5mg 10-12x/month, daily starting Oct 21 to help with buspar WD

2016 - Effexor 75mg, short-term

2021 Mar -Jun Buspar ADR at high dose, tapered 3 months

2021 Aug Wellbutrin 150mg for 5 days (ADR), then MIrtazapine 7.5mg for 7 days (ADR)

Oct 22/21 - Direct switch ativan to clonazepam (don't do this)

Tapered clonaz Oct/21 - Apr/23  - 0mg!

Supplements: omega-3, mag-glycinate

"Believe that your tragedies, your losses, your sorrows, your hurt, happened for you, not to you. And I bless the thing that broke you down and cracked you open, because the world needs you open" - Rebecca Campbell

*** Disclaimer: Please note, my suggestions/comments are based on my own personal experiences. Please consult a knowledgeable practitioner to discuss decisions regarding your medical care *** 

*** Please do not send me PM's ***

14 hours ago, LotusRising said:

Hi @Giuly88

Just wanted to check in to see how you're doing?

Hi LotusRising,

Thank you for your message, I’m a bit disheartened this is why I have not been in touch lately.

I am seeing some small very slow improvements however I still suffer from the same cycling of muscle symptoms.

They are milder but I don’t know whether they will ever subside at this point, just hoping they will.

How about you? ❤️

Swapped with mirtazapine mid June 2019 used for a week and then switched to Escitalopram 5mg at the end of July 2019, increased gradually to 10mg in September, 15mg in October and 20mg in January 2020. Tapered down to 15mg in April. 10mg in June then a week tapering to 5mg and then stopped CT. 
Resumed escitalopram in November 2020 at 5mg, increased to 10mg in February 2021, tapered down to 5mg in May 2021 and tapered down to 2.5 in the space of a week in September 2021. Resumed escitalopram at the end of December 2022 at 5mg, increased it to 10mg in March 2023 then tapered down to 5mg in June and down to 2.5mg in July. Started escitalopram 5mg beginning of December 2023 then stopped after 4 days. Took amytryptamine for 2 days then restarted escitalopram at 5mg, after two weeks increased it to 7.5mg, kept it for 1 week then 10mg for 1 week but two many side effects so went back to 5mg. Beginning of January 2023 stopped escitalopram for 1 day then 2.5mg for the next day. Developed  discontinuation symptoms reinstated it at 2.5 for 1 week and 1.5 for the following week then stopped. I’m currently experiencing withdrawal symptoms.

@Giuly88

I'm sorry to hear there hasn't been much improvement. It sounds like we're floating along in the same boat, unfortunately. My symptoms are much the same as well. I've just been sick for the first time in 2 years and my nervous system is in a bit of a state of alarm, with a big resurgence in nerve pain. Not fun, but I think it's starting to pass. 

8 hours ago, Giuly88 said:

They are milder but I don’t know whether they will ever subside at this point, just hoping they will.

I really think all the symptoms will subside. If the trajectory has been one of gradual improvement, it should continue. The last little bit just seems to hang on though, for sure. 

I understand needing to be away for a bit ❤️

2013-2021 ativan 1-1.5mg 10-12x/month, daily starting Oct 21 to help with buspar WD

2021 Aug Wellbutrin 150mg for 5 days (ADR), then MIrtazapine 7.5mg for 7 days (ADR)

"Believe that your tragedies, your losses, your sorrows, your hurt, happened for you, not to you. And I bless the thing that broke you down and cracked you open, because the world needs you open" - Rebecca Campbell

*** Disclaimer: Please note, my suggestions/comments are based on my own personal experiences. Please consult a knowledgeable practitioner to discuss decisions regarding your medical care *** 

On 4/22/2024 at 12:02 AM, LotusRising said:

@Giuly88

I'm sorry to hear there hasn't been much improvement. It sounds like we're floating along in the same boat, unfortunately. My symptoms are much the same as well. I've just been sick for the first time in 2 years and my nervous system is in a bit of a state of alarm, with a big resurgence in nerve pain. Not fun, but I think it's starting to pass. 

I really think all the symptoms will subside. If the trajectory has been one of gradual improvement, it should continue. The last little bit just seems to hang on though, for sure. 

I understand needing to be away for a bit ❤️

Hi LotusRising,

Sorry to hear you have been sick. How are you feeling now?

I know we are definitely navigating the same choppy waters.

It is always my torso and back. Cycles round maybe a bit better overall but the muscle pulling l/tightening is still a daily occurrence. Lately my neck has got worse too so I don’t know.

I don’t know what to think really. My abdominal muscles are always turned on, in knots. How do I release these knots. It is tricky because this chronic tightness is in my abdomen where all the organs and gut are.

How are you coping LotusRising?

Are your symptoms better overall?

❤️

@Giuly88

The virus has passed, but I think it set off a wave. Lots of pressure/tightening in my abdomen and chest. I get breaks during the day, but my digestive system isn't working the way it should be. Frustrating.

I'm wondering about trying acupuncture. I was using it for my jaw and it seemed to help quite a bit - might help other areas as well?

I feel like I cope well most days. A bit of a breakdown last week when I got sick and frustrated/sad on and off with the sheer length of all of this. But for the most part, symptoms are MUCH better overall, so the trajectory seems to be going in the right direction. I try to cope by staying busy.

How about you? How are you managing? Are your symptoms seeming to go in the right direction?