SurvivingAntidepressants.org is temporarily closed to new registrations until 1 September ×

bdl4 Intro

bdl4

Hi everyone! I started 25mg Zoloft for a week and a few days into it began feeling dizzy (vertigo) and even an out-of-body like sensation (similar to THC effects) especially in public and crowded areas so I had several panic attacks and decided to stop at the 2 week mark cold turkey. Fast forward roughly a month now, I no longer have the out of body sensations anymore but am still feeling dizzy, forehead pressure, and some ear ringing throughout the day that is quite bothersome. I often worry that this will take very long to go away and as a result have developed a great deal of health anxiety. Has anyone gone through or heard of similar instances? It’s weird because I was only on zoloft for 2 weeks before stopping.

Mid August 2023

Zoloft 25 mg 1 week

Zoloft 50 mg 1 day

Zoloft 25 mg 1 week

(roughly 2 weeks total)

Quit cold turkey after 

• bdl4 changed the title to bdl4 Intro

Also wanted to make clear that I am a month out from quitting cold turkey, not a month out from taking zoloft. So essentially I took it 25mg for 2 weeks and have quit for 4 weeks. I have definitely had better days (when my anxiety was lower) but the dizziness and head pressure are very much still present.

Mid August 2023

Zoloft 25 mg 1 week

Zoloft 50 mg 1 day

Zoloft 25 mg 1 week

(roughly 2 weeks total)

Quit cold turkey after 

Hi @bdl4 and welcome to SA,

Could you please help us out by including a drug signature How to Create a Signature.

Have you taken any other psych drugs in the past?

2003-2009 on and off various SSRI's for short periods

2010-2011 Ativan

2013-2021 ativan 1-1.5mg 10-12x/month, daily starting Oct 21 to help with buspar WD

2016 - Effexor 75mg, short-term

2021 Mar -Jun Buspar ADR at high dose, tapered 3 months

Oct 22/21 - Direct switch ativan to clonazepam (don't do this)

Tapered clonaz Oct/21 - Apr/23  - 0mg!

"Believe that your tragedies, your losses, your sorrows, your hurt, happened for you, not to you. And I bless the thing that broke you down and cracked you open, because the world needs you open" - Rebecca Campbell

*** Disclaimer: Please note, my suggestions/comments are based on my own personal experiences. Please consult a knowledgeable practitioner to discuss decisions regarding your medical care *** 

*** Please do not send me PM's ***

Hello! Thanks so much. This is my first time taking zoloft/ssris although I have been struggling with health anxiety for months now (beginning in June when I had some GI issues). Took zoloft to help with the anxiety but ended up getting some bad dizziness, ear pressure, and panic attacks so I stopped and am still having some symptoms (although not quite as intense as initially but still very bothersome). Have tried taking Meclizine and ginger supplements for the vertigo/dizziness but didn’t help and maybe even made it worse. Unsure if the symptoms are now from my anxiety or a possible withdrawal/CNS still adapting. Seems like a month is pretty long because I was on zoloft at a low dose for just 2 weeks?! However I do know everyone reacts differently, even if it is just a small dose for a short duration.

Mid August 2023

Zoloft 25 mg 1 week

Zoloft 50 mg 1 day

Zoloft 25 mg 1 week

(roughly 2 weeks total)

Quit cold turkey after 

If these are new symptoms since starting/stopping zoloft, they are likely a result of an adverse reaction to the drug.

Please see the below topic. It has a great description of what may have happened and what you can expect your healing pattern to look like. 

We have a lot of resources on the site. You might find some useful coping tools in Symptoms and Self-care

If you have any more questions, please let us know :) 

LotusRising

2003-2009 on and off various SSRI's for short periods

2010-2011 Ativan

2013-2021 ativan 1-1.5mg 10-12x/month, daily starting Oct 21 to help with buspar WD

2016 - Effexor 75mg, short-term

2021 Mar -Jun Buspar ADR at high dose, tapered 3 months

Oct 22/21 - Direct switch ativan to clonazepam (don't do this)

Tapered clonaz Oct/21 - Apr/23  - 0mg!

"Believe that your tragedies, your losses, your sorrows, your hurt, happened for you, not to you. And I bless the thing that broke you down and cracked you open, because the world needs you open" - Rebecca Campbell

*** Disclaimer: Please note, my suggestions/comments are based on my own personal experiences. Please consult a knowledgeable practitioner to discuss decisions regarding your medical care *** 

*** Please do not send me PM's ***