Dustin08

I new to participating in the forum type sites so please forgive me if I’m doing this wrong. Anyway I started to have what I think is brain zaps a month and a half ago not really knowing what it was but from all the research I’ve done it’s the only thing that makes sense. I stopped taking paroxetine 40mg tablets and started taking fluoxetine 40mg. Wishing 2-3 days I started to notice this, it caused me to panic and spiraled from there. I stopped the fluoxetine and went back to the paroxetine and finally a couple weeks ago started to feel pretty good again. After talking to my doctor decided to try the fluoxetine again because I had been to my primary doctor, an ENT, and had an MRI done because we all thought the off balance feeling I would get was something else going on like some kinda inner ear problem. Anyway I tried it again because I was feeling the best I had felt in the last two months and wanted to fast track the feeling better process and get back to work and that was a horrible mistake. What I think are brain zaps came right back and that’s my biggest issue. It’s like if I try to do to much and I’m looking around and moving my head around eventually I will start feeling sick, my head will hurt and I’ve literally got to lay down and close my eyes. 

What I’m thinking are brain zaps is so hard for me to describe because I wouldn’t have said it felt like an electrical shock, the way I tried to describe it is if I turned my head or my eyes it was like my brain couldn’t keep up. I could trigger it by turning just my eyes from one side to the other, up and down didn’t seem to bother me. And it’s just a horrible feeling for to me that once it happens so much from me moving around trying to behave and do things I would normally do it feels like a bad motion sickness. Best thing I can compare it to because I’ve gotten motion sickness all my life. It’s really debilitated me and this being the 3rd different antidepressant I’ve been on since 2014, if this is what I’ve got to look foraward to is the medication stopping working and having to try a new one I’d rather figure out how to deal with my problems on my own. I’ve said for a long time now that my goal in life is to get off this medicine anyway. 

I’d really like to know if it’s brain zaps that I’m having as I haven’t stopped the medication as to just changed to a new one.

Edited by Emonda
Name to title

2014 lexapro 20mg, klonopin 0.5mg 4x daily, trazodone. Wasn't on trazodone long, and fairly quickly went from klonopin 4x daily to 0.5mg 2x daily  

2019 direct switched from lexapro 20mg to paroxetine 40mg, klonopin 0.5mg 2x daily a lot of times just once daily. 

2023 paroxetine 40mg, sometime in the summer started a doctor led taper down off klonopin ended up down to 0.25mg klonopin once every other day. Late August direct switched from paroxetine 40mg to fluoxetine 40mg for 4 days. Direct switched back to paroxetine 40mg. October direct switched back to fluoxetine 40mg again for 21 days. November 

ct of fluoxetine. December lexapro 5mg 12 days ct'd for a couple days then paroxetine 5mg.

2024 January, paroxetine 10mg, 5mg, attempted cross taper to sertraline and took a one time dose of sertraline 25mg and paroxetine 5mg together  

January 27th-present paroxetine 5mg, klonopin 0.25mg

• Emonda changed the title to Dustin08: Brain Zaps
  • Administrator

Welcome to S.A. @Dustin08

So the moderators can best help you, please complete your drug signature by following these instructions. Adding a signature ensures your drug history appears at the bottom of every post, making it more efficient for those trying to assist.

Brain zaps are a very common WD symptom of stopping ADs cold turkey / too quickly. Even if you replace one AD with another, like you have, you can still get brain zaps from stopping the original AD. The fact that the zaps abated a couple of weeks after returning to your original AD, points to WD symptoms.

Have a read of the WD symptom checklist. 

2 hours ago, Dustin08 said:

wanted to fast track the feeling better process and get back to work and that was a horrible mistake. What I think are brain zaps came right back

Tapering from ADs must be done slowly to try and minimise WD symptoms. This site recommends tapering by a maximum of 10% per month of the most recent dose...the reduction get smaller and smaller each time. Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

We don't suggest many supplements, but two that many of us find helpful are magnesium and omega-3 fish oil. Here are the links for info about those. Add one at a time and start with a low dose to see how it affects you. 

Magnesium

Omega 3 Fish Oil

Avoid alcohol.

Please post any updates here in your thread. It is helpful to keep everything related to your journey in one spot. You are very welcome to jump onto someone else's page and interact with them. The encouragement members give each other on this site is wonderful to see.

Please remember to add your drug signature, and others may be able to comment further.

Once again, welcome to S.A.

Emonda.

Please don't send me PMs. I am not a doctor. My comments are based on my personal experience with ADs and tapering. Consult your doctor about your own medical decisions.

2017 – 2022:   Vortioxetine 15mg, Jan ’22, 15mg->5mg over 4 weeks, Feb ‘22 5mg -> 7.5mg due to WD, July ’22 6.75mg (found SA website), Aug 6.07mg, Sep 5.46mg, 11 Oct 5.00mg, 18 Oct 4.88mg, 25 Oct 4.75mg, 1 Nov 4.63mg, 8 Nov 4.5mg, 3 Jan ’23 4.39mg, 10 Jan 4.28mg, 17 Jan 4.06mg, 13 Feb 3.95mg, 20 Mar 3.85mg, 3 Apr 3.75mg, 10 April 3.65mg, 31 May 3.58mg, 8 June 3.50mg, 15 June 3.43mg, 22 June 3.35mg, 12 Jul 3.29mg,  19 Jul 3.22mg, 26 Jul 3.15mg, 3 Aug 3.09mg, 30 Aug 3.02mg, 7 Sep 2.96mg, 14 Sep 2.89mg, 21 Sep 2.82mg, Oct 11 2.75mg, Oct 19 2.70mg, Oct 26 2.64mg, Nov 2 2.59mg, Nov 23 2.53mg, Nov 30 2.48mg, 7 Dec 2.43mg, 17 Dec 2.38mg, 19 Jan 2.33mg, 26 Jan 2.28mg, 2 Feb 2.24mg, 8 Feb 2.19mg,  29 Feb 2.15mg,  7 Mar 2.10mg,  14 Mar 2.06mg,  21 Mar 1.99mg,  10 Apr 1.95mg, 17 Apr 1.91mg, 24 Apr 1.87mg,

10 hours ago, Emonda said:

Welcome to S.A. @Dustin08

So the moderators can best help you, please complete your drug signature by following these instructions. Adding a signature ensures your drug history appears at the bottom of every post, making it more efficient for those trying to assist.

Brain zaps are a very common WD symptom of stopping ADs cold turkey / too quickly. Even if you replace one AD with another, like you have, you can still get brain zaps from stopping the original AD. The fact that the zaps abated a couple of weeks after returning to your original AD, points to WD symptoms.

Have a read of the WD symptom checklist. 

Tapering from ADs must be done slowly to try and minimise WD symptoms. This site recommends tapering by a maximum of 10% per month of the most recent dose...the reduction get smaller and smaller each time. Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

We don't suggest many supplements, but two that many of us find helpful are magnesium and omega-3 fish oil. Here are the links for info about those. Add one at a time and start with a low dose to see how it affects you. 

Magnesium

Omega 3 Fish Oil

Avoid alcohol.

Please post any updates here in your thread. It is helpful to keep everything related to your journey in one spot. You are very welcome to jump onto someone else's page and interact with them. The encouragement members give each other on this site is wonderful to see.

Please remember to add your drug signature, and others may be able to comment further.

Once again, welcome to S.A.

Emonda.

Thank you. I could not figure out the signature, but I think I figured it out now. 

I haven’t seen my doctor yet since I came to the conclusion that it’s brain zaps. And from what I’ve figured out on my own I understand it that not even a lot of doctors even know about brain zaps? Is that correct?

3 different antidepressants since 2014 and thank god I’ve never had any side effects until this one. I THINK switching to paroxetine caused me a little extra anxiety for a little bit but I figure that could’ve just been my anxiety since that’s my main reason for being on them. I’ve had HORRIBLE panic attacks throughout my life and always refused antidepressant’s but I hit a very low point in my life in 2014 and basically didn’t have an option or so I thought. I wouldn’t leave the house for work or anything and that isn’t like me so I went to an inpatient therapy place and that’s where all this nightmare of meds started

Seems like just a week after starting lexapro my life was back on track and this miracle drug had done its job. I took the klonopin too but I’ve never felt it even done anything for me and I cut myself back from taking it 4 times a day to just twice and a lot of times just once a day. But life was great up until 2019 when I had what I say is the worst panic attack of my life. I don’t know if it’s because I was at work, by myself essentially, it was hot outside and I hadn’t learned how to belly breathe yet and hyperventilation is what made the panic attack so bad. And that’s when I changed to paroxetine with a mild transition period. And life was great again until the summer of 2023 I started having panic attacks again and before I had a big one or let them get out of control I decided to go to a place that specialized in mental health instead of just getting the meds from my primary care doc. And it has been one hell of a road since. I’ve finally came to the conclusion that I was having brain zaps due to the antidepressant switching. I have been tapering off of klonopins for the past couple months as well and started that before I changed my antidepressant but I feel like it’s that antidepressant causing all this as to I was having any bad symptoms from anything until we changed the antidepressant. I don’t feel like my doctor should’ve let me do all this at once but hey I’m just a dumb truck driver, she’s the one with the medical degree.

Anyway after this experience I want off the antidepressant too! I couldn’t work or function in 2014 and now what I think is a side effect from the medication is not letting me function either. So what’s the point, I’ve said for a long time now that I would love to quit taking this medicine cuz it’s always pissed me off to feel like I had to have a medication to be able to function like a normal person. 

2014 lexapro 20mg, klonopin 0.5mg 4x daily, trazodone. Wasn't on trazodone long, and fairly quickly went from klonopin 4x daily to 0.5mg 2x daily  

2019 direct switched from lexapro 20mg to paroxetine 40mg, klonopin 0.5mg 2x daily a lot of times just once daily. 

2023 paroxetine 40mg, sometime in the summer started a doctor led taper down off klonopin ended up down to 0.25mg klonopin once every other day. Late August direct switched from paroxetine 40mg to fluoxetine 40mg for 4 days. Direct switched back to paroxetine 40mg. October direct switched back to fluoxetine 40mg again for 21 days. November 

ct of fluoxetine. December lexapro 5mg 12 days ct'd for a couple days then paroxetine 5mg.

2024 January, paroxetine 10mg, 5mg, attempted cross taper to sertraline and took a one time dose of sertraline 25mg and paroxetine 5mg together  

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Dustin08 said:

I could not figure out the signature, but I think I figured it out now. 

Success, your signature is there now. Thank you.

I haven’t seen my doctor yet since I came to the conclusion that it’s brain zaps. And from what I’ve figured out on my own I understand it that not even a lot of doctors even know about brain zaps? Is that correct?

This would be quite common. My doctor knew about dizziness but not zaps.

I went to an inpatient therapy place and that’s where all this nightmare of meds started

I've read many accounts of members who have gone for inpatient care and come out with a cocktail of drugs, often making matters worse.

I took the klonopin too but I’ve never felt it even done anything for me and I cut myself back from taking it 4 times a day to just twice and a lot of times just once a day.

Ah, so you are currently tapering two drugs at the same time? I'd encourage you to have a read of this post. When tapering two drugs at once, it makes it difficult to work out what change is causing you grief. One at a time is the way to go.

Then, It'd be good to read this link to work out which drug to taper first.

Personally, I haven't been in the position of taking two drugs at one time. Reading the above post and following the accounts of others, I have learnt that people tend to taper the AD (paroxetine) first whilst holding the Benzo (klonopin) to be tapered later.

and life was great again until the summer of 2023 I started having panic attacks again

Did anything else change around this time in your life? Have you ever considered counselling/therapy? I was so dismissive of this for years, but when I finally took the plunge, I found it beneficial...a step in the right direction.

I decided to go to a place that specialized in mental health instead of just getting the meds from my primary care doc. And it has been one hell of a road since.

Sorry to read this...Sadly, it won't surprise anyone on this site. It's all too common.

I have been tapering off of klonopins for the past couple months as well and started that before I changed my antidepressant but I feel like it’s that antidepressant causing all this as to I was having any bad symptoms from anything until we changed the antidepressant.

You may well be correct, but please refer back to the first link above. It'd be best to taper one at a time, so you can be certain of what may be the cause of difficulty down the track.

I don’t feel like my doctor should’ve let me do all this at once....she’s the one with the medical degree.

Sadly, many doctors don't know any better.

Anyway after this experience I want off the antidepressant too!

I’ve said for a long time now that I would love to quit taking this medicine

Please remember to taper one at a time and taper no more than the maximum of 10% per month.

I taper at 2% per week for 4 weeks, then hold for another 2 weeks...I find it more tolerable.

Don't be complacent about tapering off paroxetine. Go very slow. The first sign of a WD symptom, hold the dose until the WD symptoms abate. There is no shortcut.

I hope this helps.

Emonda

Please don't send me PMs. I am not a doctor. My comments are based on my personal experience with ADs and tapering. Consult your doctor about your own medical decisions.

2017 – 2022:   Vortioxetine 15mg, Jan ’22, 15mg->5mg over 4 weeks, Feb ‘22 5mg -> 7.5mg due to WD, July ’22 6.75mg (found SA website), Aug 6.07mg, Sep 5.46mg, 11 Oct 5.00mg, 18 Oct 4.88mg, 25 Oct 4.75mg, 1 Nov 4.63mg, 8 Nov 4.5mg, 3 Jan ’23 4.39mg, 10 Jan 4.28mg, 17 Jan 4.06mg, 13 Feb 3.95mg, 20 Mar 3.85mg, 3 Apr 3.75mg, 10 April 3.65mg, 31 May 3.58mg, 8 June 3.50mg, 15 June 3.43mg, 22 June 3.35mg, 12 Jul 3.29mg,  19 Jul 3.22mg, 26 Jul 3.15mg, 3 Aug 3.09mg, 30 Aug 3.02mg, 7 Sep 2.96mg, 14 Sep 2.89mg, 21 Sep 2.82mg, Oct 11 2.75mg, Oct 19 2.70mg, Oct 26 2.64mg, Nov 2 2.59mg, Nov 23 2.53mg, Nov 30 2.48mg, 7 Dec 2.43mg, 17 Dec 2.38mg, 19 Jan 2.33mg, 26 Jan 2.28mg, 2 Feb 2.24mg, 8 Feb 2.19mg,  29 Feb 2.15mg,  7 Mar 2.10mg,  14 Mar 2.06mg,  21 Mar 1.99mg,  10 Apr 1.95mg, 17 Apr 1.91mg, 24 Apr 1.87mg,

Yea I’m sorry for the confusion I’m still taking my fluoxetine not started no taper yet. After talking to my doctor about it I decided to taper off the klonopin, and I’m down to just a half of a 0.5mg pill every other day with it. Ive just recently in the past week really started giving thought to stopping the  antidepressant as well. I’m definitely going to finish the benzo first before I follow through with it. Really why I decided to come here for some more input and knowledge on it before I even start tapering the antidepressant. Thanks for all your replies!

• 3 months later...

I knew the risk somewhat of quitting cold turkey but I was still having faith that my doctor wouldn’t let me do anything bad. Boy was I wrong!
So after taking Prozac for 21 days in October I stopped cold turkey with no antidepressants the month of November. Was managing until I had a panic attack. Talked to my doctor again and December 1st tried to take Lexapro again at 5mg for 12 days. I can’t remember how soon after I started the Lexapro but I got a horrible headache that I tried to push through but it was horrible. I went to the emergency room one evening and was advised to just stop the Lexapro.

Started back taking my paroxetine at 5mg December 16th, I think I had some minor brain zaps for a day or so and the headache lifted. I continued taking 5mg Paroxetine until January 20th, at that point I was afraid to increase as I didn’t want to take a chance on feeling worse.

Since starting the paroxetine back up I had started having chestpains/chest pressure that I guess is all just my anxiety because I’ve had EKGs and a stress test done all normal. After my second emergency room visit do to me thinking something is wrong and I decided I was going to up dose to 10mg of Paroxetine (January 20th) because I was tired of going to the emergency room to be told nothing is wrong with me on top of my symptoms keeping me from working and being present in my family.

Talked my doctor again and again I let her talk me into trying another SSRI. This time she told me to take 5mg Paroxetine and I think it was 25mg Sertraline and do a cross taper. So I went ahead and dropped back down to 5mg Paroxetine on January 24th and I remember my head starting to hurt again and I didn’t pick the Sertraline up until January 26th and on the 26th I took the Sertraline and Paroxetine together I think almost immediately my headache intensified and my anxiety shot up.

i just took the one dose of sertraline and I’ve continued my 5mg Paroxetine. The debilitating headache stuck around and I wanted to go back up to 10mg Paroxetine to just to get the headache to go away because it seems it’s a headache untouchable by medicine. My primary care doctor gave me a shot of something for my headache and it didn’t help in the slightest. 

The headache seemed to have lifted at least a little the past few days but seems when I get up and actually try to do something I feel unsteady. I feel as if I might vomit (hasn’t actually happened yet) although I don’t feel sick to my stomach the sick feeling seems to be in my throat if that makes sense. 2 days ago I got up and tried to help around the house doing a few things and this time my headache came back with a vengeance I really don’t know how I didn’t end up calling and ambulance or at least taking an extra dose of my klonopin. Yesterday I didn’t eat or do anything out of fear of feeling horrible again. My head still hurt a little, especially if I just looked around with my eyes on the left side of my forehead and/or behind my left eye. Still does this morning. I’ve been going back and forth with myself about going back to up to 10mg Paroxetine, but I’ve realized I’ve tried different meds and different dosages and I’m at a great risk for kindling. 

My doctor desperately wants me to try Effexor because I took one of those genesight test and it and a bunch of other SNRIs are in the green. She really hates my paroxetine because it was in the red although I’ve taken it since 2019 no problems. But I already knew Effexor had a horrible reputation for trying to come off and it and all SNRIs can possibly raise your blood pressure and weather it be my health, anxiety/stress my blood pressure is up or slightly elevated not every single time I go to a doctors office but it is a lot. I keep an eye on it at the house and I never catch it high here at the house. But I’m not taking the chance on it raising my blood pressure and having to stop it cold turkey, or it not working and hell I know how horrible I have felt already from Paroxetine and I know that’s a rough one in itself and I guess that’s why I’ve attempted a few times to change to another SSRI but I realize I’m stuck with this one.

I don’t want to be on it forever but if going back up to 10mg would help stabilize me or at least get rid of these headaches I believe I’d do it. I mean at least before I tried the sertraline I would go in the living room a little and leave the house to go to the store on my own. My life is just completely wrecked right now

I knew the risk somewhat of quitting cold turkey but I was still having faith that my doctor wouldn’t let me do anything bad. Boy was I wrong!
So after taking Prozac for 21 days in October I stopped cold turkey with no antidepressants the month of November. Was managing until I had a panic attack. Talked to my doctor again and December 1st tried to take Lexapro again at 5mg for 12 days. I can’t remember how soon after I started the Lexapro but I got a horrible headache that I tried to push through but it was horrible. I went to the emergency room one evening and was advised to just stop the Lexapro.

Started back taking my paroxetine at 5mg December 16th, I think I had some minor brain zaps for a day or so and the headache lifted. I continued taking 5mg Paroxetine until January 20th, at that point I was afraid to increase as I didn’t want to take a chance on feeling worse.

Since starting the paroxetine back up I had started having chestpains/chest pressure that I guess is all just my anxiety because I’ve had EKGs and a stress test done all normal. After my second emergency room visit do to me thinking something is wrong and I decided I was going to up dose to 10mg of Paroxetine (January 20th) because I was tired of going to the emergency room to be told nothing is wrong with me on top of my symptoms keeping me from working and being present in my family.

Talked my doctor again and again I let her talk me into trying another SSRI. This time she told me to take 5mg Paroxetine and I think it was 25mg Sertraline and do a cross taper. So I went ahead and dropped back down to 5mg Paroxetine on January 24th and I remember my head starting to hurt again and I didn’t pick the Sertraline up until January 26th and on the 26th I took the Sertraline and Paroxetine together I think almost immediately my headache intensified and my anxiety shot up.

i just took the one dose of sertraline and I’ve continued my 5mg Paroxetine. The debilitating headache stuck around and I wanted to go back up to 10mg Paroxetine to just to get the headache to go away because it seems it’s a headache untouchable by medicine. My primary care doctor gave me a shot of something for my headache and it didn’t help in the slightest. 

The headache seemed to have lifted at least a little the past few days but seems when I get up and actually try to do something I feel unsteady. I feel as if I might vomit (hasn’t actually happened yet) although I don’t feel sick to my stomach the sick feeling seems to be in my throat if that makes sense. 2 days ago I got up and tried to help around the house doing a few things and this time my headache came back with a vengeance I really don’t know how I didn’t end up calling and ambulance or at least taking an extra dose of my klonopin. Yesterday I didn’t eat or do anything out of fear of feeling horrible again. My head still hurt a little, especially if I just looked around with my eyes on the left side of my forehead and/or behind my left eye. Still does this morning. I’ve been going back and forth with myself about going back to up to 10mg Paroxetine, but I’ve realized I’ve tried different meds and different dosages and I’m at a great risk for kindling. 

My doctor desperately wants me to try Effexor because I took one of those genesight test and it and a bunch of other SNRIs are in the green. She really hates my paroxetine because it was in the red although I’ve taken it since 2019 no problems. But I already knew Effexor had a horrible reputation for trying to come off and it and all SNRIs can possibly raise your blood pressure and weather it be my health, anxiety/stress my blood pressure is up or slightly elevated not every single time I go to a doctors office but it is a lot. I keep an eye on it at the house and I never catch it high here at the house. But I’m not taking the chance on it raising my blood pressure and having to stop it cold turkey, or it not working and hell I know how horrible I have felt already from Paroxetine and I know that’s a rough one in itself and I guess that’s why I’ve attempted a few times to change to another SSRI but I realize I’m stuck with this one.

I don’t want to be on it forever but if going back up to 10mg would help stabilize me or at least get rid of these headaches I believe I’d do it. I mean at least before I tried the sertraline I would go in the living room a little and leave the house to go to the store on my own. My life is just completely wrecked right now

•  

• Administrator

Hi @Dustin08,

I've moved your new post back here. Each member has only ONE Introduction topic.  Your own Introduction topic is the best place to ask questions and the place to journal your progress.  This keeps your history in one place and means you do not have to repeat your story. 

15 hours ago, Dustin08 said:

on the 26th I took the Sertraline and Paroxetine together I think almost immediately my headache intensified and my anxiety shot up

Put both drugs into the drug interaction checker: https://www.drugs.com/interaction/list/ Did the doctor tell you to do this?

You've made a lot of changes. The body/brain needs stability (reposting this link) Keep It Simple, Slow, and Stable.

When you stop an AD CT, then a few weeks/months later recommence that AD, you need to be very mindful of Kindling

Your drug signature does not appear to be up-to-date. Once you update the signature to reflect all the changes you have made, someone will try to assist.

Emonda

@Emonda sorry I guess because I’m on a phone that’s the best and most informative signature I can come up with and keep it to a 12 line maximum. Not very informative but it’s all the meds I’ve taken 

@Emonda also to answer your question, yes my doctor told me to take the Paroxetine and sertraline together like that for a week and then stop the Paroxetine. She wanted me to cross taper over to the sertraline. I just took the one dose of sertraline. My doctor is desperate for me to change med and add other meds. She desperately wants me to take Effexor. She desperately wants me to try something other than Paroxetine because it was in the red column on the genesight text I took. But I’m not sold on that test as I took the Paroxetine for 3 years no problems. I feel like I sound as if I’m defending antidepressants sometimes. I desperately want off this crap, but maybe more desperately want to stop feeling so horrible 

Can someone help me? When I go to make my drug signature it won’t let me make it more than 12 lines. I see all kinds of peoples that are more than 12 lines. My current signature is all my medications that I’ve taken and currently taking but it’s not very informative. Is this because I’m on a phone?

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)
On 2/13/2024 at 9:04 PM, Dustin08 said:

Can someone help me? When I go to make my drug signature it won’t let me make it more than 12 lines. I see all kinds of peoples that are more than 12 lines. My current signature is all my medications that I’ve taken and currently taking but it’s not very informative. Is this because I’m on a phone?

When you are on mobile the screen is smaller, and hence the lines are too, so you end up with less space.

Access the site on a computer and you will be able to have a more detailed signature.

Edited by Erimus

Active Monday-Friday UK time

MEDICATION:

1) Sertraline:

50mg - Oct 2020, 100mg - Dec 2020, 50mg - April 2021, 75mg - May 2021, 50mg - Sep 2021; Failed taper attempt (50 -> 49) - Jan 2024; Second attempt to start taper - 17 Feb 2024

Current dose: 48.9mg (Feb 2024)

2) Mirtazapine:

15mg  - Nov 2020

SUPPLEMENTS:

Cod liver oil, Magnesium, Vitamin C

• 1 month later...

So I finally was able to get on a computer and update my signature.

the intensity in which my head bothers me has been up and down and seems to bother me the least when I don’t do anything. I just lay in here in my room either in the floor or on the bed. I don’t think this is a normal headache although I’m no expert on them I’ve never suffered with headaches before. If I had a headache I was sick with the flu.

Now if I can explain to where it makes sense, a few times I have felt like the muscles in my forehead mostly sometimes a little higher up onto the head it feels like the muscles tighten in release or maybe even like a twitch. It’s quite frightening to me when it happens luckily it’s not all the time. I’m constantly pressing or rubbing on my head not that it helps. I think it maybe just a natural reflex of someone with a headache? 

I think the only pattern I see is it seems to intensify or trigger it on the rare occasion I notice no pain or pressure or maybe it’s some sort of nerve pain I haven’t a clue, but if I try to do too much or just act normal as I call it. Too much moving around, too much stimulation for my eyes to see again I don’t know. 

I’ve been given a shot of toradol twice now and it hasn’t even helped a thing.