Gingerhead: Ginger new member looking for advice

Gingerhead

2 hours ago, Gingerhead said:

I'd almost hazzard to say I'm almost to were I was before I quit the 100mg cold turkey over a month ago

This is really good to hear @Gingerhead

This link might help you to understand stability a little more. 

Stability

2003-2009 on and off various SSRI's for short periods, Ativan prn

2010-2011 Ativan, up to 1.5mg/day - tapered off without issue

2013-2021 ativan 1-1.5mg 10-12x/month, daily starting Oct 21 to help with buspar WD

2016 - Effexor 75mg, short-term

2021 Mar -Jun Buspar ADR at high dose, tapered 3 months

2021 Aug Wellbutrin 150mg for 5 days (ADR), then MIrtazapine 7.5mg for 7 days (ADR)

Oct 22/21 - Direct switch ativan to clonazepam (don't do this)

Tapered clonaz Oct/21 - Apr/23  - 0mg!

Supplements: omega-3, mag-glycinate

"Believe that your tragedies, your losses, your sorrows, your hurt, happened for you, not to you. And I bless the thing that broke you down and cracked you open, because the world needs you open" - Rebecca Campbell

*** Disclaimer: Please note, my suggestions/comments are based on my own personal experiences. Please consult a knowledgeable practitioner to discuss decisions regarding your medical care *** 

*** Please do not send me PM's ***

How are you doing @Gingerhead?

2013-2021 ativan 1-1.5mg 10-12x/month, daily starting Oct 21 to help with buspar WD

2021 Aug Wellbutrin 150mg for 5 days (ADR), then MIrtazapine 7.5mg for 7 days (ADR)

"Believe that your tragedies, your losses, your sorrows, your hurt, happened for you, not to you. And I bless the thing that broke you down and cracked you open, because the world needs you open" - Rebecca Campbell

*** Disclaimer: Please note, my suggestions/comments are based on my own personal experiences. Please consult a knowledgeable practitioner to discuss decisions regarding your medical care *** 

6 hours ago, LotusRising said:

How are you doing @Gingerhead?

Thank you for checking in, I appreciate it. I'm hanging in there and just going with the flow. Brain fog is starting to get annoying but is still somewhat manageable. I've still be attending work routinely and going through the motions of life. Noticed that I am unable to hold my dominant hand flat and still (fingers twitch somewhat and hand shakes a little). Had a doctors appointment today and was disappointed in the result. The doctor was fine with me staying at 25mg and when I mentioned that I wanted to slowly taper off that they said there was no other dosage lower then that and like the doctor at the walk-in said if I wanted to"skip a day or two" and it would result in the same as lowering the dosage "rolleyes" so I just stopped talking at that point. They said my blood pressure is high (that a symptom?) And wants me to buy a monitor for home to check myself. Apperently cholesterol is also on the higher side but that was previous to quiting cold turkey so prob not relevant but wants to put me on crestor (should I be worried about symptoms or effects related to my WD from adding this?) Also have noticed ear ringing on and off (only lasts a couple seconds at most) and sinus pressure (congestion feeling and running nose). 

childhood - Ritalin & Buspirone

2005ish - current - Concerta 108mg

2005ish - Dec 2023 -sertaline 100mg

Dec2023 - Mar in 2024 vitamin D 1,000iu

Dec 2023 - Jan 11th B12 5,000mcg

Jan 8th 2024 - Sertaline @25mg

Jan 21st 2024 - Feb 18th 2024 - 150mg Omega 3 x3

Feb 3rd 2024 - Vitamin E 400IU

Feb 18th - Mar 15 - 500mg Omega 3 krill oil

Mar 15th - 1260mg RX omega 3

3 hours ago, Gingerhead said:

Had a doctors appointment today and was disappointed in the result.

Sorry, I know this happens a lot. It's unfortunate really, but you can still taper when you're ready. Did I provide you with the link for tapering sertraline?

They said my blood pressure is high (that a symptom?)

Can't say for sure. I've heard others comment on their blood pressure but not sure if it's related.

wants to put me on crestor (should I be worried about symptoms or effects related to my WD

You could use drugs.com to check for any interactions. 

I'm glad to hear you're ticking along. Please let us know how you're going :) 

On 1/18/2024 at 9:33 PM, LotusRising said:

Sorry, I know this happens a lot. It's unfortunate really, but you can still taper when you're ready. Did I provide you with the link for tapering sertraline?

Can't say for sure. I've heard others comment on their blood pressure but not sure if it's related.

You could use drugs.com to check for any interactions. 

I'm glad to hear you're ticking along. Please let us know how you're going :) 

Good morning,

Started taking 150mg Omega 3 gummies three times a day starting with Friday night, havnt noticed anything odd as of yet.  Might be placebo but I feel my hands are more steady. Brain fog on and off (tried to watch a couple movies that I'd normally be interested in and couldn't really get into them, I still watched them for the sake of watching them). Have noticed a carpal tunnel feeling in my right hand (use it to use my phone,etc) so have started using my left more to take stress off it. Joint pain comes and goes, as does the cracking. Basicly been just plugging away at life the past little while. No new symptoms as of yet. My wife did comment that when I got home (530ish Friday night) my eyes were red as If I was crying or even looked like I was high. Not sure if that's related to the 3pm doseage. Being in Canada, what's the best scale that can take the math out of the equation for tapering these capsules that also won't cost an arm and a leg? I am also looking at starting vitamin e at the suggested doseage next weekend so I can see if I get any effects from the omega 3 all week. I plan on being on the vitamin E,omega 3, and magnesium before I attempt tapering as I have read the good it does to have those in your system during that time. Will report any new symptoms as they may come. Thank you again for being here for the many people who would be lost without this forum, myself included.

Hi @Gingerhead
I purchased a scale off Amazon that measured to .001mg. It was less than $30. I see the one I bought is no longer available, but there others if you have a look. 

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening everyone,

Havnt posted in a while, havnt been having any real new symptoms up to today. Randomly as lunch approached and about ten to fifteen minutes into lunch vision issues started (prefifial vision out of left eye went fuzzy and couldn't really make out anything and vision ahead was a tad fuzzy with artifacts "***". I added a dose of vitamin e starting last friday as recommended to take along with the omega 3 gummies I've been taking for two weeks. Once I realised it was more then likely a symptom it seemed to ease my panic and it eased away within a hour. Definitely feeling the "numb" emotional feeling as am being somewhat easy to irritate but I am able to shut my irritability down once I notice it coming on. Also fighting what appears to be a cold that is going around my work so I started to take echinacea as in the past it has curbed the lead time on any colds I've had. Am I correct in assuming that the vision issue was just a symptom? It acted like the night shortly after I restarted taking the 25mg dosage that I had vision issues. Still keeping alcohol/pot and the majority of fast food and junk food out of my diet along with watching what I eat. Thanks in advance and I hope everyone's evening is going well. 

Hi @Gingerhead

1 hour ago, Gingerhead said:

Am I correct in assuming that the vision issue was just a symptom?

Definitely sounds like it could be. I had blurry vision at times and vision issues aren't uncommon. 

This is what I found on our site:

1 hour ago, Gingerhead said:

havnt been having any real new symptoms up to today.

Great that you've been relatively stable!

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning,

Wish I could say the past little bit has been uneventful but it hasn't. Been having issues with extremely high blood pressure and the anxiety over it is not helping matters. Have changed my diet again and lowered salt intake and increased fruit and veggie intake and am finally seeing my numbers slowly come back down. They have a long way to go yet but at least there's hope as the proof of the numbers show. Other then the panic/anxiety over my blood pressure things have been relativity decent (caught a nasty cold/cough going around my employment) so experiencing lack of energy and irritability. I'm going to hold steady on my current supplement regimen along with stay at my current dosage for the next couple weeks till I can hopefully fight off this cold/cough, and stabilize my blood pressure to a more decent number. I also didn't want to be posting everyday as to not take away from the other members that are experiencing much worse then what I am at the moment. Still greatful for finding this forum. Also did some digging in the concerta I'm on and found out that it also effects the nervous system and can cause anxiety, hence why anti-anxiety meds are mostly paired with it -_-. So I am going to have to look into also lowering it's dosage and will be doing more research into what effects that may cause me. I wouldn't be so lucky as another member also being on Concerta and their experiences would I?

Hope everyone has a great day

Good morning everyone,

Posting a update, started 500mg omega 3 with krill oil today single capsule and stopped the omega 3 150mg gummies. Keeping everything else the same for the time being. Still have random spells of seeing stars and vision issues and the "head rush" feeling when getting up to fast but not often enough to annoy me that much. Still watching diet and have been eating healthy with veggies and fruits as much as I can. Currently fighting a head cold so that's taking alot out of me. Hope everyone else is doing decent. Thank you everyone for being here 😊

Also just updated signature ☺️

It sounds like you're doing really well @Gingerhead. Thank you for updating us!

1 hour ago, LotusRising said:

It sounds like you're doing really well @Gingerhead. Thank you for updating us!

To be honest some days are harder then others, but I've always been strong willed and stubborn (must be the French in me 🤣) and I just force myself to push through. Other life obstacles have come at me lately and I force myself to deal with them and move on. It's been almost two months since I smoked a joint or drank alcohol, have also cut out fast food and try to be more active when I can to try to lower my blood pressure as I have a family history of heart issues that I don't want to have to deal with. I will keep updating every week or two until I'm ready to start tapering off both these meds. I am curious if any other members have been on both the concerta and sertiline at the same time and how they handled it? Unsure how to ask that other then in here. 

• 1 month later...

@Gingerhead just wanted to check in to see how you're doing?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2024 at 8:11 PM, LotusRising said:

@Gingerhead just wanted to check in to see how you're doing.

Good morning

Doing ok, still have random moments of some symptoms. Most recent was every night roughly 3 hours after taking the 25mg my left ear would feel and sound like it kept popping. Last weekend was a stressor for me and I went back to my old ways of having a joint (I will not do that again, never been sicker and did not enjoy the experience like I used to). Weirdly enough I felt the effects linger for days afterwards. But I feel I almost needed to experience it to wake myself up that the only solution to anything in life isn't through drugs or alcohol, or anything that messes with your sober mind. Still watching what I eat and now counting calories to try to get my weight to a more healthy level. I have also stopped vitamin D and switched my omega 3 to another brand/dosage and will be updating my signature to reflect this. I still plan on tapering off these meds but again still looking for other people's experiences with taking both Concerta and sertaline and how their experience tapering off them went. Advice on how to find that information would be appreciated. Thank you for checking in on my status and will keep updating you as my journey continues. In the next couple of months, I'm expecting my second child so I'm going to hold off on tapering until I get my bearings and routines in after that.