Abir - 2 months after antidepressants withdrawal

abir

• Administrator

It is possible the amoxicillin is responsible for your bad wave.

Abir, you need to make your own decisions. I've given you information, you need to read it and decide. I cannot make decisions for you. I cannot keep repeating the information. Read this topic again.

If reinstating is causing bad symptoms, reducing the dosage is called for.

If it is not causing the bad symptoms, stay at that dosage to see if it will help relieve your symptoms from your prior withdrawal.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• abir

• lexicon

• Altostrata

• basildev

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh of course, I have to and want to make my own decisions... I was just stating my concerns about lowering the dose now after being on a higher dose for a long time (again as if I started tapering again before stabilizing), so i can hear from you and others about their experience with that...I value your opinions and the opinions of the other people on this site greatly....

Oh maybe I need to mention that you have probably already took that fact (that I was stating) into consideration long before I even thought of it and before you gave me your opinion but I am just stating my concerns as I get them :)

have been on various antidepressants (many SSRIs, SNRI, MAOIs) for chronic fatigue syndrome for more than 17 years, was on zoloft 100mg for the last 2-3 years, tapered over 2.5 months, ending october 24 2012.
reinstating AD:
march 28: started on 25mg co-sertraline, took it for 2 days
april 1: 12.5mg ONLY FOR ONE DAY- STOPPED taking meds
april 9: started on 2.5mg co-sertraline
april 17: increased to 5 mg

• Administrator

I hope you don't mind -- I won't be answering these repeated questions, you have the information you need.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

oh no, of course, i got your answer Alto, thank you so much for that...

i am just thinking aloud.... considering your valuable advice and...my worry about changing the dose at this time.... that is all :)

have been on various antidepressants (many SSRIs, SNRI, MAOIs) for chronic fatigue syndrome for more than 17 years, was on zoloft 100mg for the last 2-3 years, tapered over 2.5 months, ending october 24 2012.
reinstating AD:

Hi Abir,

how was your night? And how is today ..?

I wish that you continue to have the wonderful window ..:)

Thinking of you, and wishing you a peaceful day ..xx

Hello,
I am tapering Lorazepam, and my daily dose is 1.125 mgs.

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

but it did not work. So I resumed my taper and hold pattern.
For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

Hi Lexi,

i slept ok last night too so that is good... and today, the anxiety is a little worse than yesterday but it is not the worst.. so that is good too.... a little depressed, crying... but what can we expect after all we are going through...

about tapering: i decided not to do anything at the moment... every time i increase or decrease the dose my brain has to readjust... i don't want to give my brain more work at the moment....

i hope the head issues and breathing are not as bad today..

reinstating AD:

Not very good today Abir ..

I was trying to protect my self this morning, but an unexpected aggressor showed up, and my nervous system reacted. ..

I have not recovered yet ..

I am glad that you are a little better ..Every "little " counts in our situation ..We just need to "keep walking " as a sweet friend likes to say.

I understand bring reluctant to make a decision about tapering ..I would probably feel the same ..

I hope you are feeling just as good this evening Abir ..

Thinking of you ..xx

Hello,

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

Abir, thinking of you ..how did your day go? I missed talking to you today ..

I hope you had an easy, and peaceful day ..

Please write when you are feeling up to it ..

Sending you many hugs ..xx lexi

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Hey Lexi,

my day was not bad today actually... how was yours? were your head and heart problems a little better today?

reinstating AD:

How I wish they were better ..:( No Abir ..

But I am happy yours was a good day ..that is wonderful ..:)

Wishing you a sleepy night ..

And a peaceful morning ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

How are you feeling Abir?

How was your night? Did you sleep well? And your anxiety,? I pray all is peaceful ..:)

Thinking of you ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Hi Lexi... Today not so good... The anxiety is not too bad but feeling miserable - irritable, not nice, mean, cant handle anything , like there is no room in my brain for positive emotions... I guess this is depression...

Still not sleeping well but it only annoys me on a day like today... Because when exhausted, it makes dealing with all the negative emotions so much harder...

I am afraid to ask how you are feeling... Are still feeling terrible all day long or do you get breaks when you feel a little better?

reinstating AD:

Oooh, I am so sorry Abir. ..:( I know those symptoms and they are hard to bear ..

Hang in there ..The day is almost gone, and tomorrow will be a better day ..

Mine was tolerable in the morning, and went downhill after that ..I, tried to do a bit of walking on the treadmill, but I could only to 2 minutes, and got this awful dizzy ..my heart is going and my breathing is labored ..

I hope and pray that this night will be kind to you ...I hope the ugliness goes away. ..We do not have time for that ..we have got to carry on walking ..

Hang strong ..Thinking of you ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Walking on a treadmill makes me dizzy even on normal days... Try a gentle walk outside instead.. It is easier on the body, on our senses and the fresh air always help..

Hoping we will both have a better day tomorrow

reinstating AD:

Abir, I wish I could ..:( I need to lean on someone ..Cannot walk on my own. ..:(

How did you sleep? Did the nasty symptoms go away today?

I sure hope so ..

Thinking of you ..xx

Many hugs...Lexi

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

hello Lexi,

i slept better last night, i was able to sleep for a whole hour (or a little bit less) at a time, which was good... it seems that it is going to be a long time before i an sleep normally again....

today, today feeling a bit better i think... now, after 1 pm, i feel the anxiety less in my chest and stomach... and i think i am done crying for the day :)

are you still having periods when you are feeling a little better during the day? how is your sleep these days? do you still get the breathing and heart problems at night, do they interfere with your sleep?

reinstating AD:

may I ask a question: I realize it is different for everyone, but in my case, it seems that since reinstatement, even while I am in a window, i am still too exhausted to do anything and everything is too overwhelming - although i find it is easier to do physical tasks sometimes, so washing the dishes, for example, is easier than making a phone call...

is this typical during the first few months of withdrawal, not to be functional at all? not being able to carry out even the simplest tasks? I still have to taper down from 5mg when i stabilize, and i feel that i would need to set at least a year for withdrawal/recovery, and continue to put my entire life on hold during that year...

Abir

reinstating AD:

Abir, that is exactly how I feel every day ..

It is a huge task to do anything even in a small window ..

Interesting that you mentioned the phone because it is the last thing i want to to anymore ..

I think all of it is withdrawal symptoms .. And I gather that even though we see a few months into this,

it is considered early withdrawal ..:( But this chaos, is suppose to fix itself eventually ..

What would I give to have had some knowledge about these poisons, instead of blindly trusting the doctor ..:(

Sending you love ..xx Lexicon

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

You are right, Lexi....

And i hope you don't have any urgent obligations in your life these days...so you could concentrate on resting and forget about every thing else...including those doctors...

reinstating AD:

Thank God no, Abir .. Just the typical day to day worries ..But nothing ovetwhelming .

I hope you too are free on concerns ..

How are you feeling? Have your symptoms eased a little? How did you sleep?

And how is your anxiety?

Thinking of you, and praying for a peaceful day ..

Xx Lexi

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Hi Lexi,

feeling better today (this week has been ok so far - i mean of course i still have the anxiety, depression and the crying, but they are better now... and i get breaks from them during the day, they are not constantly there anymore... so, hang on Lexi, it might take a while, but things get better eventually)...

the only thing that is bothering me today is that I have to go on antibiotics again (the antibiotic i was taking 2 weeks ago did not heal my UTI)... I know that this antibiotic will make my symptoms worse (just like the old one did - especially my anxiety and sleeplessness).. but what can I do.. I have to take it..

how is your day going so far? were you able to go on facebook today??

reinstating AD:

I am so very happy, that you have had some relief ..I pray it is a patten that will continue to improve ..:)

I am sorry you have to go back on antibiotics ..Hopefully this time the problem will clear up ..

Abir, how is your sleep? I hope that has improved too ..

My day is a little lenient today ..my head acts up with the usual crap, but not overwhelming ..Maybe it feels sorry for me .. it tortured me for five days ..

I also have the heart and stomach burning ..I think anxiety ..

I just now went to my Facebook... I love going when I feel good ..my friends are from everywhere,

Interested in what I love ..Sufi poetry ..Rumi, Kabir, Attar, from the 13. th century Persia .. We share poems etc.

I wish for your day to continue in peace and wellness ..

Sending you many hugs ..xx

Lexi

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

sufi poetry? very interesting... i have not heard of the others, but Rumi i have heard off and he sounded interesting... his books are on my long list of books to read....

so glad that your day was not too bad... you definitely needed that... i hope you will get these days more often...

"the heart and stomach burning": i got a very intense version of those when i first reinstated and i was on 25mg (which was too strong for me).. since then, i only get a very very mild version when i am having anxiety, but unlike the other anxiety symptoms, they only come for few seconds at a time and go away....

my sleep is not bad - for the last 2 or 3 nights i have been sleeping for one hour at a time...... which is a lot better than sleeping for 20 minutes at a time... and i am not using melatonin anymore - it stopped working...

wishing you an even better day tomorrow :)

reinstating AD:

I am so very happy, that you have had some relief ..I pray it is a patten that will continue to improve ..:)

I am sorry you have to go back on antibiotics ..Hopefully this time the problem will clear up ..

Abir, how is your sleep? I hope that has improved too ..

My day is a little lenient today ..my head acts up with the usual crap, but not overwhelming ..Maybe it feels sorry for me .. it tortured me for five days ..

I also have the heart and stomach burning ..I think anxiety ..

I just now went to my Facebook... I love going when I feel good ..my friends are from everywhere,

Interested in what I love ..Sufi poetry ..Rumi, Kabir, Attar, from the 13. th century Persia .. We share poems etc.

I wish for your day to continue in peace and wellness ..

Sending you many hugs ..xx

Lexi

Lexi I still cannot connect to you on facebook.

Abir do you facebook?

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

Good morning Flower and Lexi,

I have not gone on facebook since February... I find that it is too much for me now....I can't handle it...

I hope you two will have a peaceful day today

reinstating AD:

Gee Abir, more antibiotics? Get it done and get to feeling better... You can do it..Thinking of you.

Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.

yes... i can't wait until i am done with these antibiotics... really hoping that they infection will clear up this time...

reinstating AD:

Abir, how are you doing?

How did you sleep, and how is your anxiety?

I have been praying that you will finish the antibiotics, with the least amount of discomfort ..

Always remember " this too shall pass "

Thinking of you ..xx

Lexi

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

thank you Lexi :)

it is not too bad this morning, and i am hoping it will get better in late afternoon....

how are you doing?

reinstating AD:

Abir, I did not forget you today, I am still having the worst wave ever :(

How was your day? Did you get some relief from the anxiety? I sure hope so ..

Thinking of you, and wishing you a peaceful night ..xx

Lexi

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Hi Lexi,

the anxiety was bad the whole day yesterday but it is very very mild today and not constant at all... but i am feeling depressed today... crying... wishing that i did not exist... but... i am not going to think about..analyze it... or fight it... it is easier to distract myself when my anxiety is not bad, so i am going to try to read... or watch tv...

hmm, i will go write you on your thread...

reinstating AD:

This situation is so very difficult to deal with and cope.

I feel the same today, with the depression and crying ..But I will try and do like you say ..I am sorry you are depressed too ..:(

It sucks ..

The wave is a little better so far, but it is early ..I pray it will not return ..

Please try and relax today. ..Thinking of you ..xx

Lexi

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Abir, how are you today?

Did you find some peace and relief? I hope so ..

Thinking of you ..xx

Lexi

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Lexi,Abir

I hope you both have a better day. This is such a slow process. It's hard when we don't feel pleasure. Think of something pleasant. The ocean,

the wind,flowers,horseback riding..Anything to occupy your mind..Focus really hard. Breathe slow. That's easy for me to say I know.Thinking of you.

Flower.

thank you flower... you are so sweet...

I hope you are having a good day too...

hugs

Abir

reinstating AD:

Thinking of you Abir ..

How are you? How was your night, and how are you this morning?

I pray that you are peaceful and free of symptoms ..

xx, many hugs ..

Lexi

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.