Jshect major issues with Wellbutrin/Deplin and klonopin addiction

Jshect

• Administrator

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jshect

• Altostrata

• Meimeiquest

• Rhiannon

Top Posters In This Topic

How do I find a doctor in my area that truly understands klonopin tapering and withdrawal? My sister and my psychiatrist think my symptoms from my last taper are underlying anxiety and depression and want me on an SSRI. What happens when I taper again and have more insomnia, anxiety, pain, nausea etc. I am going to get put on 10 new drugs. This is a nightmare. I don't know what to do. 

Can anyone answer how I can get in contact with benzo buddies. I signed up and they never sent me a confirmation email. I click the button to have it resent, it never comes. I clicked contact, it just takes me to their homepage. I can't even search the webpage.

Meds I'm currently taperingDeplin 7.5 mg 

Klonopin .25 mg +1/4(.25) (I did a fairly rapid taper down from around 2 mg Klonopin, but I've held at .25 for several months now, and even updosed a quarter of a pill to give myself 4 good nights of sleep and lift myself out of a depression

(about to start a micro-taper)

Medications I tapered off successfully: Bupropion 150 mg, Trazadone 150 mg, Oxcarbazepin 300 mg, Loxapine 20 mg

• Administrator

Look in your e-mail spam folder for the confirmation from benzobuddies.

It is unlikely you will find a doctor in your area who truly understands Klonopin tapering and withdrawal. Most people cannot find one. That is why sites like this and benzobuddies exist.

You need to make boundaries in your relationships with your sister and psychiatrist. If you are over 18, what they want you to do is irrelevant.

You might tell both of them, politely but firmly, that you have made decisions to take care of yourself, stop expecting them to do it for you and, firmly but politely, decline their suggestions.

As I said earlier, if I were you, I'd stop tapering drugs for the time being, let your nervous system settle down, and tell your sister and doctor you intend to try stabilizing on your current cocktail and Eastern medicine, which seems to have helped.

Instead of complaining to them about how broken and miserable you are, present to them as someone who does not need their help. If you continue to complain to them, they will continue to try to fix you.

You need to stop thinking of yourself as a psychiatric patient and a dependent. Take a first step -- start a topic in Relationships to discuss your problems with your family.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.