WinningThrough: Does it get better?

WinningThrough

Hang in there WT. I need to update my thread, but not really much change!!

XOXO

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WinningThrough

• LoveandLight

• luv2knit

• Pugknows

Top Posters In This Topic

WT, sorry you are doing it tough at the moment. I too have suffered from chronic anxiety and have found that mindfulness breathing/meditation has worked wonders for me - in fact it has saved my sanity!

Tara Brach has some great simple online meditations to do and there is a great book called Full Catastrophe Living by John Kabat-Zinn which is so good (if a bit heavy going at times) to read a bit at a time.

Have you tried mindfulness colouring books? Surprisingly these are very calming.

Hope things improve for you in a hurry!

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome for 32 years, given AD for this condition alone in 2000

Zoloft 100mg for 15 years, last five of these complained about adverse effects,

unable to tolerate other meds even supplements

Slowly felt sicker, advised by different Dr maybe on ads for too long

Cut back 100 - 50 over 6 months, still getting worse, so stopped over about 6 weeks starting Dec 2014

First month, slow, emotional, useless then POW! Horrendous withdrawal symptoms, completely non-functional

for about five months, slowly started to come back to life and continue with waves and windows, still more bad than good, but bads are less bad, and goods slightly better each time

WT, just read through some of your posts in this thread and I'm sorry you are going through such a whirl wind.

These drugs are merciless when it comes to causing all the chaos in our brains/body. I'm personally going through a wave at the moment and trying to weather the storm. 

I agree with the book Cherry47 recommended : Full Catastrophe Living, excellent book. I have this book and will read it again to get me through my current wave. 

Best wishes to you WT. You'll pull through this. We all will.

Taken paxil for over 15 years probably closer to 20.

Tapering since Oct 2013 from 10mg Gemini 20 scale thanks to BrassMonkey!

Oct 6, 2013 9.2 mg Nov 27 8.6mg Feb 2 2014 7.8mg March 16 7.4mg March 30 7.0mg May 18 6.2mg July 6 5.8mg Sept 7 5.4 Oct 19 4.8 Dec 14 4.6 Feb 8th 2015 4.2mg Mar 22 3.8mg May 10 3.4mg July 19 3.2mg Sept 6 2.8mg Nov 8 2.5 mg Dec 27 2.3 Feb 14 2016 2.0 Mar 19 updosed to 2.5mg May 4 2.4 June 12 2.2mg July 31 2.0 Sept 11 1.7mg Nov 13 1.5mg Jan 22 2017 1.3mg Mar 19 1.0mg April 20 0.8 June 0.7 Aug 0.6 Sept 0.5 Oct 0.4 Nov 0.3 Dec too low to weigh so I'm eyeballing it the rest of the way!!  2018 Feb 10 finally stopped !!!!! Keeping fingers crossed!!!!!!

Its' 2022 now and feeling good after 4 years of being off Paxil. Continue to stay active with a positive attitude and getting plenty of sun.

Current Supplements: Multi-Vitamin, D with occasional K2, C, Super B Complex, Magnesium, Zinc, Fish OIl, Lecithin, E, and probiotics.

I want to say a massive thank you for all the support I'm getting on this thread. You're all awesome people. Thank you so very much. I appreciate each and every one of you and really wish none of you had to go through a second of this. I do hope you'll all start feeling better soon.

I'm seeing some new names on this thread. I hope to visit your threads at some point and give some words of encouragement.

SkyBlue, thank you for your kind words.

Luv, I'm sorry you're not seeing a change. We are both getting near that two year mark now! We'll get there in the end.

Cherry47, what a lovely post. Thank you. :-) I'm thinking of doing a few breathing exercises. That's the one thing on this journey I actually haven't tried!

It's interesting what you said about the colouring books because I really like those. It was about a year and a half roughly before I could do anything like that but I got some of those books and pens for Christmas and started doing them. I actually got a little out of doing it and it gave me a focus. I had to stop because of the frozen shoulder, RSI in wrists (which I don't think is really RSI but just withdrawal stuff) and all over body pain. I kept finding that every time I bent my head forward I would start to go numb across the back of my head and neck and then get tingling all over the top of my head and face, then I would start seeing stars, flashing lights and weird colours, the nausea would start, my neck would feel like a ton of fluid was about to burst out of it and then the headache would hit like spears in my eyes, neck and head. Basically a migraine. When I get a migraine, I get a massive wave with every single symptom through the roof and I'm at my worst with a migraine.

I was so annoyed because colouring books helped me more than anything else has. I quit them for a while and rested my body (as much as I could with raging akathisia) but I've recently started again. I'm sure the pain phase will pass eventually.

Thank you for the book recommendation. That looks interesting!

GiantsWSC, I'm sorry you're going through a horrible wave. I hope it passes soon. Thank you for recommending the book. I, definitely going to look into that.

My anxiety is calming down and I'm getting back to the day to day coping techniques.

Take good care of yourselves, all of you. Keep going. It will be worth it in the end. The storm will pass and give way to a beautiful calm. Storms always end. They don't rage on indefinitely. You will all reach the finishing line and go on to have great lives.

The only way out is through.

Aug 2013 - Augmentin leading to akathisia

Sept-Nov 2013 - Citalopram 20mg, severe reaction, off at 5mg. Valium 4mg, prn

Oct 2013 - 5 zopiclone tablets, 7.5mg

End Nov 2013-end Feb 2014, Seroquel, top dose 150mg, off at 25mg

End Nov 2013-early march 2014, Zoloft 100mg top dose, off at 25mg

End Dec-2013-early April 2014, lorazepam 1mg prn

April 3rd 2014 zoloft 5mg for a few days. 18/4/14 - zoloft, 1mg. Came off at 0.35 mg,14th June 2014

29 June 2014 - 1mg lorazepam, last ever

29 June 2014 - med free

• 4 months later...

How are you doing WinningThrough?

Dec 2014 I tried Zoloft 25mg for one week (adverse reaction - extreme anxiety and felt like I was on an amphetamine). Dr. said to quit cold turkey, so I not only quit Zoloft but also 2 weeks of Xanax .25mg -- extreme dizziness, hyperarousal and anxiety began! On Jan. 29, 2015 my psychiatrist put me on new stuff and this is how my next 2 months and 7 days looked like (I was having the same bad reactions to all of these):Effexor XR 37.5mg (3 days) - throwing up, heart palpations, night tremors/convulsions or something where whole body shakes for a second, Prozac 10mg (15 days), Prozac 20mg (7 days) - internal restlessness, electric current through body/brain (not zaps), agitation, intense fear and could no longer nap at this point (still can't today because of this), Lexapro 5mg (4 days) - same as Prozac, a horror show...extreme internal agitation, Lexapro 7.5mg (2 days), Lexapro 10mg (16 days), Zoloft 12.5mg (3 days)...she said try it again since my blood relative does well on it, Zoloft 25mg (7 days) - same as before and getting worse!! Zoloft 50mg (6 days), Zoloft 25mg (4 days and then came off cold turkey on April 8, 2015). I used Xanax .25mg about 7 times per month through all of this until June 30, 2015 (my last benzo dose). Extreme anxiety, nervous system traumatized, mental akathisia, anger triggered by nothing but the brain totally going off on its own, feeling of a pressurized electric current going through me like my brain and body are trying to explode, stress reaction x10000 to everything, waking in terror lasting all day, fear, very sensitive, brain can't keep up, don't know what to do with myself, feeling like everything is going too fast and I can't keep up, helium head, deep depression like something is ripping out my soul, out of my mind, can hardly drive or be alone, cognitive issues, simple tasks are so complex and straining, feel disturbed because the brain can't process anything right even though your brain tries so hard and it makes you go mad, episodes of deep anguish with a sick toxic poison feeling (like you have some unknown virus).

Winning. You are a true survival warrior !  Sending healing thoughts and prayers to you.

Hugs,

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

WT--You have been in my thoughts and prayers! Hope you are doing well!

XOXO

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Winning,

I've been wondering how you were doing as well.  I desperately hope the akathisia has abated and you are out enjoying life again!

Thinking of you,

US

I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions.

Hello all. Thank you for your lovely messages and for thinking of me. Sorry for not replying individually. Sorry I've been so quiet. I've been in terrible physical pain for some time and am hardly ever online as typing, etc makes the pain worse.

I'm still pushing through. One thing that has improved is that dark, demonic, creepy, drilling in the head suicidal 'depression' (I never know quite what to call it!) That symptom has been gone for a while.

I have low vitamin D which I think is whats causing the pain to be so bad so I'm addressing that now and hoping it will improve things.

Take care and I will write more when I'm able xx

April 3rd 2014 zoloft 5mg for a few days. 18/4/14 - zoloft, 1mg. Came off at 0.35 mg,14th June 2014

29 June 2014 - med free

So good to hear from you, WT. So sorry you are in pain. Glad you have experienced some improvement in the "depression", though. I have to keep my Vitamin D levels up as well. For the most part, I have been able to take the supplements I was taking before withdrawal, but I was concerned about the Vitamin D as well, so I cut my dosage in half and have been using my home sunlamp for 15 minutes 5 days a week--not to tan--just for Vitamin D. Perhaps something like this might be an option for you(?) I would definitely start out slow and work up. Mine is a Sperti Fiji Sun. I think it definitely makes a difference. Hope you can get this worked out!

XOXO

http://www.sperti.com/Fiji-Sun-Tanning-Lamp-p/fiji-sunlamp.htm

I've posted links on here before that have not worked, but hopefully this one will!

Thanks luv. Sorry I can't write more! Thinking of you and hoping you're coping x

29 June 2014 - med free

That's fine! Prayers!

XOXO

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Winning,

I missed you!  I am glad to hear you had some improvement with the depression, I hope it's holding.  Though of course sorry you've got so much else to deal with.

Also I probably said this before here somewhere but, I had low vitamin D and I could swear it was causing leg pain.  Doctor said it was not possible, but after I used supplements to start correcting it, guess what it magically disappeared. 

I hope your pain is improving.  Also really hope the akathisia has gone too.  I often think of you and all you've had to endure, and am always wishing you get some relief.

More healing thoughts coming your way,

US

I am not a medical professional and nothing I say is a medical opinion or meant to be medical advice, please seek a competent and trusted medical professional to consult for all medical decisions.

• 1 month later...

Hi Winning,

I missed you!  I am glad to hear you had some improvement with the depression, I hope it's holding.  Though of course sorry you've got so much else to deal with.

Also I probably said this before here somewhere but, I had low vitamin D and I could swear it was causing leg pain.  Doctor said it was not possible, but after I used supplements to start correcting it, guess what it magically disappeared. 

I hope your pain is improving.  Also really hope the akathisia has gone too.  I often think of you and all you've had to endure, and am always wishing you get some relief.

More healing thoughts coming your way,

US

What a lovely message, unfolding, thank you.

The dark demonic creepy blood curdling depression feeling in my head did improve a bit but came back. It's trying to lift a little again, I think.

I've corrected my vitamin d level now. It's gone up to 78 nmol/L but the pain is still the same unfortunately. I'm really glad your leg improved. It doesn't surprise me that doctors told you it couldn't be that!

Unfortunately my akathisia hasn't gone and I still have it 24/7. Unbelievable really!

I'm sure everything will get better one day. It's all still going very strong and is complicated by getting virus after virus. I've had about seven or eight really horrible viruses in the last year.

I think my dreadful neck pain may well be due to a trapped nerve or disc. A doctor said they thought it was. I'm seeing a physiotherapist today (goodness knows how I will get there and cope with the appointment!) and I'm going to push for a scan of my neck. Last time he gave me exercises and they made it worse. It's been going on for nearly a year now and is causing extreme pain all over my body. If it's not a disk problem then I'm guessing it's all part of this syndrome and all the viruses I've had.

Anyway, sorry this is all so depressing! I'm sure I will have good news one day!

29 June 2014 - med free

sorry to read you're stillsuffering so much...it seems never-ending I know...hope you can get help from the physio.

sending healing thoughts your way...xoxo

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

It's just been one thing after another, hasn't it, WT?! So sorry you're having to deal with all this. You are always in my thoughts and prayers. I have to think we will get through this!

XOXO

Winning.  While it's so lovely to hear from you I'm sorry that you have been struggling so. I know you have been patient but I'm hoping with a little more time that you start to see some light at the end of the tunnel. 

If the depression has lightened , that's huge. That must be a weight lifted.  I can understand and empathize, as I suffered from it too but it's been surprisingly absent for me lately also. It's a move forward for you. It's no small thing to see the dreaded " D " back off.  Every little bit helps at the end of the day as we inch forward incrementally in this excruciatingly difficult process.

Wishing all the very best for you.

Ali

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Thank you for your lovely messages direstraits, luv and AliG. Sorry I can't write much. Thinking of you all xx

29 June 2014 - med free

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

How are you going, WT?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

How are you going, WT?

Thank you for thinking of me Alto. I will write an update when I feel able.

29 June 2014 - med free

Winning . We are here for you and cheering you on. I'm so very sorry that you're feeling low. I hope it gets better for you very soon. Please update when you feel up to it only because we will be wondering how you are going. Sending love and light.

((Hugs))

Ali

Winning, I was so sorry to read on WiggleIt's thread that you are having pain in your face and ear.  I had had jaw pain and sudden sharp ear pain on and off a while back and I'm sure it is linked to the drugs I took, it did eventually go away. 

Will be thinking of you and as usual praying you turn a major corner as soon as possible,

US

• Moderator Emeritus

Thinking of you, Winning, and hang in there. I hope it gets better very soon. 

2020: After 18+ years (entire adult life) on Paxil, a dangerous doctor-led "taper" in 2015, and four years tapering off the last 1 mg thanks to SA and the Brassmonkey slide, 

I AM COMPLETELY FREE OF PAXIL! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! Forever.

2021: Began conservative, proper, CNS-respecting taper of Zoloft, led by the only expert on me -- me. Making own liquid. 5-10% plus holds.

2022: Holding on Zoloft for now. Current dose 47 mg. Hanging in, hanging on. Severe protracted PAWS, windows and waves. While I may not be doing "a lot" by outside standards, things are graaaaadually getting better

Yoga (gentle to medium); walks; daily breath practice; nutrition, fruits/veg; nature; water; EastEnders (lol); practicing self-compassion, self-care; boundaries; connection; allowing feelings; t r u s t ing that I, too, will heal. (--> may need to be reminded of this.)

"You are not alone, and this is not the end of your story." - Baylissa

• 7 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

I didn't realise we haven't heard from you for so long!

It would be really nice to hear how you are doing...

Also, there is this very important survey that might give validation to what we have been through. It particularly focuses on the UK and every voice matters.

In case you missed it here is the link. They are closing it tomorrow: 

https://roehamptonpsych.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6gSHZN88sOmHDlr

Current: 9/2022 Xanax 0.08, Lexapro 2

2020 Xanax 0.26 (down from 2 mg in 2013), Lexapro 2.85 mg (down from 5 mg 2013)

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
1999. - present Xanax prn up to 3 mg.
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
went from 2.5 to zero on 7 Aug 2013, bad crash 40 days after
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

Supplements: Omega 3 + Vit E, Vit C, D, magnesium, Taurine, probiotic 

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

Thank you for thinking of me bubble. I just typed a reply and for some reason it didn't post and I ended up on someone else's thread!

i just did the survey and found it extremely difficult.

Sorry I never update my thread. Mostly it's because I don't want to frighten people. It must be very frightening for new people to come on here and see someone over three years off meds and still very sick. Also, I find it very traumatic to keep writing about it all and keep revisiting it. Plus I'm in immense physical pain all the time and typing is very difficult for me and makes symptoms worse.

unfortunately, I'm still very, very sick. I'm sorry I don't have a more positive update.

i hope things are improving for you.

29 June 2014 - med free

• Moderator Emeritus

Dear Winning Through,

I'm so very sorry to hear things are still so hard for you but also very glad to hear from you.

I still believe we can all recover. We just have to endure. Some days I have nothing except this blind faith in the ability of our brain to fix itself.

I have good (and very good) and bad (and very bad days).  And it is soooo long for me too.

But together we are stronger.

I got so enthusiastic about this survey because I need it badly that our suffering is acknowledged. At least some validation. I'm sorry to hear it was so hard but thank you very much. I really hope our voices are heard and more studies carried out.

Just reading Hardwiring happiness which gives me new hope.

Wishing you all the best and warm hugs!

Amitriptyline (tricyclic AD) and clonazepam for 3 months to treat headache in 1996 
2000-2005 Prozac CT twice, 2005-2010 Zoloft CT 3 times, 2010-2013 Escitalopram 10 mg
reinstated to 5 mg Escitalopram 4Oct 2013 and holding liquid Xanax every 5 hours
28 Jan 2014 Xanax 1.9, 18 Apr  2015 1 mg,  25 June 2015 Lex 4.8, 6 Aug Lexapro 4.6, 1 Jan 2016 0.64  Xanax     9 month hold

24 Sept 2016 4.5 Lex, 17 Oct 4.4 Lex (Nov 0.63 Xanax, Dec 0.625 Xanax), 1 Jan 2017 4.3 Lex, 24 Jan 4.2, 5 Feb 4.1, 24 Mar 4 mg, 10 Apr 3.9 mg, May 3.85, June 3.8, July 3.75, 22 July 3.7, 15 Aug 3.65, 17 Sept 3.6, 1 Jan 2018 3.55, 19 Jan 3.5, 16 Mar 3.4, 14 Apr 3.3, 23 May 3.2, 16 June 3.15, 15 Jul 3.1, 31 Jul 3, 21 Aug 2.9 26 Sept 2.85, 14 Nov Xan 0.61, 1 Dec 0.59, 19 Dec 0.58, 4 Jan 0.565, 6 Feb 0.55, 20 Feb 0.535, 1 Mar 0.505, 10 Mar 0.475, 14 Mar 0.45, 4 Apr 0.415, 13 Apr 0.37, 21 Apr 0.33, 29 Apr 0.29, 10 May 0.27, 17 May 0.25, 28 May 0.22, 19 June 0.22, 21 Jun updose to 0.24, 24 Jun updose to 0.26

I'm not a medical professional. Any advice I give is based on my own experience and reading. 

Dear Winning. Some just take a little longer to heal and maybe, like me, you are one of those ...  Wishing you well.

22 minutes ago, bubble said:

Dear Winning Through,

I'm so very sorry to hear things are still so hard for you but also very glad to hear from you.

I still believe we can all recover. We just have to endure. Some days I have nothing except this blind faith in the ability of our brain to fix itself.

I have good (and very good) and bad (and very bad days).  And it is soooo long for me too.

But together we are stronger.

I got so enthusiastic about this survey because I need it badly that our suffering is acknowledged. At least some validation. I'm sorry to hear it was so hard but thank you very much. I really hope our voices are heard and more studies carried out.

Just reading Hardwiring happiness which gives me new hope.

Wishing you all the best and warm hugs!

Thanks bubble. Yes, I believe we recover too. I'm really glad to hear you have good and very good days. That's great! I unfortunately still don't get windows, just days that are marginally easier and on them I feel more positive (today isn't one of them!!). I can get up to about 10% on those days. It goes like that for some people, though. Then it all gets better. I think there may be some sort of post traumatic stress thing tied up in all this, possibly.

Yes, it's very good about the survey. I wish people would do it for us as we are too sick to do this stuff!

Hardwiring happiness sounds good. I'll look it up. I'm very very interested in neuroplasticity and have a big belief in brain retiring. I'm getting myself mentally prepared to do some major self directed neuroplasticity soon. I'm also trying to listen to my body and working on calming my body.

Thanks again, bubble.

29 June 2014 - med free

8 minutes ago, AliG said:

Dear Winning. Some just take a little longer to heal and maybe, like me, you are one of those ...  Wishing you well.

Thanks Ali. Good to hear from you. Sorry to hear you're not there yet either. We will get there!

29 June 2014 - med free

• Moderator Emeritus

This all sounds great! You are a fighter and a survivor.

I still have a very long way to go tapering but doing my best not to think about it... i actually call a day when things are marginally better a window :)

I'm really enjoying Hardwiring happiness. Got the recommendation here, of course :) I'm one third into it and think you would like it also.

Hi,Winning

it breaks my heart that you're still suffering so much...it's so unfair.

I've been off drugs about the same time as you and I am starting to see slow improvement overall.

I hope you can get some relief very soon,you so deserve it.

you're in my thoughts.

much love,ds

xxx

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

41 minutes ago, direstraits said:

Hi,Winning

it breaks my heart that you're still suffering so much...it's so unfair.

I've been off drugs about the same time as you and I am starting to see slow improvement overall.

I hope you can get some relief very soon,you so deserve it.

you're in my thoughts.

much love,ds

xxx

Thanks ds. That means a lot. I'm glad you're seeing improvement xx 

29 June 2014 - med free

• 3 months later...
On 27/08/2017 at 10:24 PM, WinningThrough said:

Thanks ds. That means a lot. I'm glad you're seeing improvement xx 

Hope you are ok you haven't log in for a long time

1. Zoloft(Generic)100 mg From 06/06/2016 to 02/10/2016                         
  2. Lexapro(Generic) 20 MG From 03/10/2016 to 05/2017                               Supplements: vitamin complex 
  3. Lexapro (Generic) CT 05/2017 
  4. 6/08/17- reinstated 10mg Lexapro(Generic)(50%of original doses )
  5. 02/11/2017- 9 mg Lexapro(Generic) (10 % rule) (Homemade)
  6. 04/12/2017- 8.75mg Lexapro(Generic)(BrassMonkey slide)
  7. 19/12/2017- 8.5mg Lexapro(Generic)
  8. 06/02/2018- 8.35mg Lexapro (Generic)
  9. 16/2/2018- 8.22mg Lexapro(Generic)
  10. 25/2/2018- 8.09mg Lexapro (Generic)-05/03/2018- 7.9mg Lexapro (Generic)-28/03/2018-7.75mg Lexapro (Generic)-04/04/2018-7.66mg Lexapro (Generic)18/05/2018-7.64mg Lexapro (brand Liquid)
  11. 28/6/2018 7.50mg lexapro (Brand Liquid ) 15/7/2018 7.40 mg Lexapro(brand liquid) 7.30 mg Lexapro(Liquid) 27-07-2018
  12. Forgot to update this but i continued to taper down until 21/12/2019 and final dose was 1.3 mg  Time since Stoping  3y and 4 mouths
  13.  xanax 16-01-2023 started 0.25 whent to 0.5 RX 1 week Back to 0.25 
  14. corrent dose 0.25 devided in 4 parts 

Thank Miguel.

I wish I had better news but unfortunately I’m still very very ill. I think there must be something else wrong with me.

29 June 2014 - med free

Winning, I was wondering how you were.  So sorry to hear you are still so sick.  I hope things improve in the New Year.