Skylarblue75: new and really messed up

Skylarblue75

I think that too..what have I done..but we did not know, we just didn't. This is not our fault xx

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Skylarblue75

• btdt

• LoveandLight

• Muddles

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to say thank you to all who have posted on my thread and have sent me PM's. I think about all of you always and pray for all of you as well. Im sorry that i havent checked in on you guys on your own threads lately. Praying that we all get some peace. I so want to heal, i want to give back to everyone else on here who have been so kind to me,but my current on going state prevents me from doing so. My mind is destroyed along with my body. So please dont think im not thinking of all of you.

Spring of 1998 place on birth control pills for irregular bleeding, high testosterone and one ovarian cyst, stayed on until April 2004, told to take hormone holiday, conceived first son 4 months later-VERY BIG SUPRISE, was told wouldn't be able to have childern or would need reproductive doctor to help. Got pregnant again 2006 with second son easily, then was on/off birthcontrol again until October 2011, concieved 3rd son in October 2011(tried many times to get pregant again when 2nd child was close to 2yrs, hormone problems started again after 2nd child, along with thyroid enlargement.

Spring of 2001 celexa 10 mgs-rx'd by pcp for complaints of chronic fatigue, irritability and weight gain, stayed on until June 2005, switched to Lexapro 20mgs for PPD, stayed on Lexapro 6-7 months, couldn't afford to see psyh dr. and Lexapro, saw PCP switched back to 20mgs celexa in 2007, remained on until November 2011, was c/t off due to 3rd pregnancy, baby had umbilical cord defect, seemed ok during pregnancy, except for crying jags here and there. Our miracle baby was born July 20th 2012, healthy except with reflux. One month later the anxiety,restlessness,horrible crying, insomnia and the deepest depression ever. That started the psyh drug nightmare-benzo's,antidepressants, sleeping pills, mood stablizers. Nothing help made me worse, doctors just kept changing the meds frequently. 4 mental health hospitalizations, rapid detox off benzos Jan 2013, horrible withdrawal and still suffering withdrawal symptoms NO ONE BELIEVES ME, I feel like ive been on one consistant drug withdrawal for the past 2 years

January 2014 slow titrate up of lexapro to 20 mgs-horrible side effects!!, was just rapidly taper by current pysh off to pursade me to try an MAOI-no way!!! Was told should consider ECT

I just wanted to say thank you to all who have posted on my thread and have sent me PM's. I think about all of you always and pray for all of you as well. Im sorry that i havent checked in on you guys on your own threads lately. Praying that we all get some peace. I so want to heal, i want to give back to everyone else on here who have been so kind to me,but my current on going state prevents me from doing so. My mind is destroyed along with my body. So please dont think im not thinking of all of you.

I am sure we can all understand that you are not well and checking in here is not always possible.  Focus on yourself and getting better.  I am sorry you have been feeling poorly.  I pray for all of us often.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

((((Sky)))) don't be scared. I feel EXACTLY like you do, plagued by the same WD issues. The psyche part of this leads us to despair and every emotion feeds off the last one. Feels like groundhog day every day. You are recovering. That's why you feel so crummy. You are healing. Hugging you close.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

How are u?

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

I'm not doing well. But I don't understand why. For the past 3 days I've slept 6-7 hours each night, but the anxiety, crying, constant headaches, nausea, decreased appetite, waking up in a panic in the am, dizzy, exhaustion, are through the roof. My period is really messed up this month. Got my period, lasted 5 days but I've been spotting ever since and it's now day 12 in my cycle. This crap happened when I was 23, and had to go on the pill. Between 2013 &2014 after my benzo detox I got a period every 10-14 days for over a year straight, then things settled down a bit, now my cycles are wonky again. I don't know what to do, I tried in the past 30 months to go back in birthcontrol and HRT and I can't tolerate anything. And there's no way I'm pregnant. I can't take much more of this. I got a wedding invite to my brothers wedding in August and it freaked me out, caused panic, because the thought of going freaks me out then I got jealous because I didn't have the wedding that I really wanted that caused an arguement with my husband. Now my mother is pressuring me again about my middle sons birthday and getting together with my brother and having a joint party for my son and his and again the thought of leaving my house and being around people freak me out and send me into a total panic. Why??? This is not me, my behavior is totally erratic. I want to go to the wedding, I want to celebrate my sons birthday, but I can't. I'm so tired of this, I'm not normal by any means of the word. This is getting worse, I'm not living, I'm suffering. I can't even tolerate anything my kids do, they play and make noise it sends me through the roof or they can be sitting watching tv and I'm still and anxious wreck that can barely sit still. I've been ready to write my family a goodbye letter, I'm to the point where it's back to the hospital or take my life. I'm not living, being restless, anxious, fearful of everything, yelling and screaming, agoraphobic, shaking all the time with muscle twitches and jerks, living in a world that's not real, not feeling connected to my body or anything else with a ton of physical symptoms everyday is not a life. I've never been so messed up like this before and I know my out of control hormones are not helping matters. Now I can't take anything to help just a little. All I want to do is isolate myself to my bedroom. I want to be able to step outside and enjoy the sun on my face, open the currtains and let the light in without it hurting my eyes. I want to go places and be around people. Go to a store without the help of someone with me. Stop crying everyday. Be a mom a wife a friend, live life! I don't want to take my life, but I don't know what other option I have. I've been suffering for over 2 years now, I'm not young anymore. My kids are ruined, they tell me they want the mom they had before I got pregnant with the baby, they ask will I ever be normal again or will I always be crazy. To hear that coming from my 2 older boys angers me and upsets me even more. I can't do this, I haven't had a window of where I felt completely myself since may 2013, it was only one day, but I would give anything to get it back.

Spring of 1998 place on birth control pills for irregular bleeding, high testosterone and one ovarian cyst, stayed on until April 2004, told to take hormone holiday, conceived first son 4 months later-VERY BIG SUPRISE, was told wouldn't be able to have childern or would need reproductive doctor to help. Got pregnant again 2006 with second son easily, then was on/off birthcontrol again until October 2011, concieved 3rd son in October 2011(tried many times to get pregant again when 2nd child was close to 2yrs, hormone problems started again after 2nd child, along with thyroid enlargement.

Spring of 2001 celexa 10 mgs-rx'd by pcp for complaints of chronic fatigue, irritability and weight gain, stayed on until June 2005, switched to Lexapro 20mgs for PPD, stayed on Lexapro 6-7 months, couldn't afford to see psyh dr. and Lexapro, saw PCP switched back to 20mgs celexa in 2007, remained on until November 2011, was c/t off due to 3rd pregnancy, baby had umbilical cord defect, seemed ok during pregnancy, except for crying jags here and there. Our miracle baby was born July 20th 2012, healthy except with reflux. One month later the anxiety,restlessness,horrible crying, insomnia and the deepest depression ever. That started the psyh drug nightmare-benzo's,antidepressants, sleeping pills, mood stablizers. Nothing help made me worse, doctors just kept changing the meds frequently. 4 mental health hospitalizations, rapid detox off benzos Jan 2013, horrible withdrawal and still suffering withdrawal symptoms NO ONE BELIEVES ME, I feel like ive been on one consistant drug withdrawal for the past 2 years

January 2014 slow titrate up of lexapro to 20 mgs-horrible side effects!!, was just rapidly taper by current pysh off to pursade me to try an MAOI-no way!!! Was told should consider ECT

(((Skyler))), it's awful when you feel like that xx

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

I really hope a change comes for you soon, skylarblue. I hope a window will open. Thinking of you x

The only way out is through.

Aug 2013 - Augmentin leading to akathisia

Sept-Nov 2013 - Citalopram 20mg, severe reaction, off at 5mg. Valium 4mg, prn

Oct 2013 - 5 zopiclone tablets, 7.5mg

End Nov 2013-end Feb 2014, Seroquel, top dose 150mg, off at 25mg

End Nov 2013-early march 2014, Zoloft 100mg top dose, off at 25mg

End Dec-2013-early April 2014, lorazepam 1mg prn

April 3rd 2014 zoloft 5mg for a few days. 18/4/14 - zoloft, 1mg. Came off at 0.35 mg,14th June 2014

29 June 2014 - 1mg lorazepam, last ever

29 June 2014 - med free

(((((Sky))))) your symptoms mirror mine exactly. I am so fed up and I can't imagine suffering as long as you. And you have children and a husband, all outside stressors. I feel for you. You have to hold onto the hope that you're feeling so ill because your body is healing and you will recover soon.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

I'm in the same boat - I don't know what to do? Tragic for us and our children. :-(

Thinking of you.

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

(((Sky))) your kids love you. You just want to feel better. Go easy on yourself, okay? You are a kinder and stronger mom than you think. You just aren't where you want to be YET, but you'll get there.

Really struggling, god please just take me. Can't take this anymore. My body and brain are out of control.

Really struggling, god please just take me. Can't take this anymore. My body and brain are out of control.

((((Sky)))) Like you, I've prayed every day for over a year for God to take me. He hasn't. We need to endure and get to the other side of this where a happy peaceful life awaits us. I'm in a terrible place right now where you are too. One day at a time. Just get through today. (((Hugs)))

Hang in there please. Prayers for you. So sorry.

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

So apparent I smell even though I shower everyday. I don't smell anything, but my butthead of a husband saids I do. I shower everyday, I'll just add this to the never ending list if crap. My hair is falling out and has thinned so much, especially in the front I can see my scalp and I'm just loving my dry flaky but semi oily skin with acne all over my body. Also loving the black hairs sprouting on my breasts and chin with a mustache to boot. Love having headaches everyday too, I could go on and on, no I'll just go in a corner and cry just like I do everyday sometimes all day long with the all day panic and anxiety. Ugh!!!! God help me already!!! Please!!!

I have all of the hormonal stuff, hair everywhere, thinning hair. I'm so sorry your husband is so hateful. I will pray For you. I'm so sorry you have such a difficult home life. I know you struggle. I pray that soon, you can get some stability.

Wish you peace xx

I have lost so much hair over the years that you can see my scalp too. I could never have bangs because I have no hair there to make bangs. You are not alone there. I also have some hair on my face. Sorry you are having such a rough time. I pray for healing all the time.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

The wiry gray hairs coming out of the mole on my face were 2 inches long. My family finally told me about them. As for the smell, blame it on the dog. I do.

Unless you have cats. Then blame it on the litter box.

I have too little hair as well and it is very difficult, as a woman, to not have a mane.

As for this alleged smell, there is a thing that happens during certain restricted diets or anorexia, known as ketosis. People in ketosis do smell funny. Is there are thing going on with your eating or weight that could put you into ketosis?

Other than that, ten bucks says you don't actually smell bad. I'd be very upset if I had  a mate who said such things. If you are managing to shower every day, my hat is off to you.

2009: Cancer hospital said I had adjustment disorder because I thought they were doing it wrong. Their headshrinker prescribed Effexor, and my life set on a new course. I didn't know what was ahead, like a passenger on Disneyland's Matterhorn, smiling and waving as it climbs...clink, clink, clink.

2010: Post surgical accidental Effexor discontinuation by nurses, masked by intravenous Dilaudid. (The car is balanced at the top of the track.) I get home, pop a Vicodin, and ...

Whooosh...down, down, down, down, down...goes the trajectory of my life, up goes my mood and tendency to think everything is a good idea.
2012: After the bipolar jig was up, now a walking bag of unrelated symptoms, I went crazy on Daytrana (the Ritalin skin patch by Noven), because ADHD was a perfect fit for a bag of unrelated symptoms. I was prescribed Effexor for the nervousness of it, and things got neurological. An EEG showed enough activity to warrant an epilepsy diagnosis rather than non-epileptic ("psychogenic") seizures.

:o 2013-2014: Quit everything and got worse. I probably went through DAWS: dopamine agonist withdrawal syndrome. I drank to not feel, but I felt a lot: dread, fear, regret, grief: an utter sense of total loss of everything worth breathing about, for almost two years.

I was not suicidal but I wanted to be dead, at least dead to the experience of my own brain and body.

2015: I  began to recover after adding virgin coconut oil and organic grass-fed fed butter to a cup of instant coffee in the morning.

I did it hoping for mental acuity and better memory. After ten days of that, I was much better, mood-wise. Approximately neutral.

And, I experienced drowsiness. I could sleep. Not exactly happy, I did 30 days on Wellbutrin, because it had done me no harm in the past. 

I don't have the DAWS mood or state of mind. It never feel like doing anything if it means standing up.

In fact, I don't especially like moving. I'm a brain with a beanbag body.   :unsure:

Yes..amazing you can shower at all like this..wow am so sorry your family are unsupportive..

I have just read you're thread. I am fairly new . Your story touched me . Please, just keep putting one foot in front of the other. I also felt like you, -that I couldn't go on. I was thinking about how to "end it". I thought I was a burden to everyone I loved, and that they would be better off without me. Then I had a conversation with my daughter, just out of the blue after we had watched a movie together. The conversation was illuminating, as she said to me , "mum, if anything happened to you- I couldn't go on. You are my world, the centre of my universe, - you hold my world together."  After that, I never thought of that as an option, ever again.  You have to keep going for your kids. You can not kill their mother. You will make it . We have all had our moments. we will survive. We are all survivors!! 

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Hi Skylar, I'm so so sorry you are struggling right now, you have a lot of stressors with THREE children to care for. I pray you will have a window soon. When I am struggling most, I pray as much as possible and somehow that gives me hope. But AliG is right, our children need us as much as we may not be the perfect moms, we are their ONLY moms. Please hang in there and just focus on taking care of yourself and feeling better. Sometimes, that means saying NO to other things that other people want us to do or think we need to do. <<<HUGS>>>

2005-2009, Lexapro 10 - 20 mg, CT WD w/severe depression and anxiety:  2010-2015, Paxil, 30 - 40 mg, tapered off at 10 mg/week, moderate anxiety and depression:  2010-2015, Clonozapam 0.25 mg, as needed for anxiety and sleep:  1/10/2015, Zoloft 25 mg, tried to increase to 50 and 75, but nausea and dizziness:  2/13/2015, Paxil 5 mg, added back after 2 weeks at zero to reduce WD:  2/28/2015, Paxil 10 mg, increased from 5 mg to reduce WD, HOLDING:  3/04/2015, Zoloft discontinued (reduced to ~12.5 mg on 2/19, ~6.25 mg on 2/26, then zero):  4/26/2015, Paxil starting 10% taper (no scale so was inadvertently at 20% taper, yikes!):  4/30/2015, Paxil 10 mg, reinstated (WD disappeared between August 2015 and May 2016)

5/02/2016, Started 10% taper, reinstated to 10 mg on 5/11/16:  4/29/2017, Last dose of Paxil (working with holistic psychiatrist, lots of supplements to aid WD):  Primary symptoms: apathy, demotivation, anhedonia, fatigue, stress intolerance, moderate social anxiety

7/1/2018 Finally feeling like myself again, success!!! Praise God! Even with the stress of relocating recently, I am feeling pretty good most of the time now. Granted, I eat healthy, I exercise, I don't drink caffeine or alcohol and I try hard find a healthy balance of quiet and social times. Hang in there and keep the faith, you can do it too!

Hi Skylar, Just wondering how you're doing?  Thinking of you, and hope things are looking a little brighter. I have found life can  seem so bleak one day,

and then the next is a little ray of hope. Sometimes you just have to keep yourself alive and safe and keep putting one foot in front of the other - baby steps.

Prayers for you.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Still here and struggling. Hi Ali and welcome. To answer questions, I have no cats anymore, 2 dogs and yes they are a bit stinky, I can't handle giving them a bath. my diet is Paleo but I do allow myself cheese just mozzerella . I don't eat wheat, I'm totally gluten free and almost all grain free, no sugar, caffeine, no processed foods. I eat meat, fish, nuts seeds, veggies and certain fruits and drink water. I force myself to shower everyday because at night I drench the bed in nightsweats, my scalp gets very oily and itchy and i just smell gross.

I'm 10 months off lexapro today, I don't know how much more of this I can take. 2 1/2 years of insomnia is really taking it's toll on me, I don't think my sleep will ever return to normal.  31 1/2 months of feeling and acting insane is not a life and actually some of this crap started during the pregnancy so really I've been suffering for over 3 years now.  I want to be at peace, I want my family to move on with their lives. I can't keep putting my family through this.

Doing my best to check in on all my SA friends today, so want to be supportive and connect with all of you, but it's so hard, like that part of my brain for social skills and knowing how to interact and socialize is not working correctly. Ugh does that make any sense?? I feel like i can't relate to anyone. This morning i dropped off my kids at the bus stop, and my neighbor who runs the bible study started talking to me, I literally want ed to just drive away, like I felt so strange and scared, anxious and just couldn't  relate even though I was trying so hard. My neighbor is a good, kind person who is totally not a threat and I know this and i tell myself this but my brain perceives everything as a threat. I hate being in a constant state of fight or flight, there's noting to fight or run from, will it ever end??? I miss being normal.

Zero sleep again. My mind never stops racing, it won't shut down. Freezing cold all day long, then hot with drenching sweats all night long. Constant shaking/inner tremor, feeling like electricity/constant adrenaline, feeling tingling all over. Anxiety, fear, terror, wanting to take my life, so jumpy,nausea, vomiting, dry heaving. Constant headache/migraines, eye pain everyday for over 2 weeks now, hearing is so sensitive,feeling like I can't breathe, chest pain, pain in my lower back into my hips and shoulders along with my upper arms had been going on for a really long time. I'm having a hard time walking, lifting, but having a hard time sitting still, so restless all the time and so much more. Come on already god, please take mercy on me. I don't see an end to this. I'm all by myself right now with my 3 kids and terrified. Please lord restore me to who I was, please! Tired of this.

Hi Skylar, I am so sorry that you are suffering so terribly. I am praying that God is going to provide some relief to you very soon. It seems so much for one person to bear, I am so sorry. I can't help but think there must be a window opening up for you soon.

I know you have probably considered this, but I wonder if a low dosage of another AD (Prozac comes to mind) might provide some relief. Then after you've stabilized for several months or more, you could slowly taper. I know it might seem like a step backwards, but it might provide some needed relief. Your suffering is so intense, it seems almost unbearable. I am just praying that God will provide relief and comfort to you now.

2005-2009, Lexapro 10 - 20 mg, CT WD w/severe depression and anxiety:  2010-2015, Paxil, 30 - 40 mg, tapered off at 10 mg/week, moderate anxiety and depression:  2010-2015, Clonozapam 0.25 mg, as needed for anxiety and sleep:  1/10/2015, Zoloft 25 mg, tried to increase to 50 and 75, but nausea and dizziness:  2/13/2015, Paxil 5 mg, added back after 2 weeks at zero to reduce WD:  2/28/2015, Paxil 10 mg, increased from 5 mg to reduce WD, HOLDING:  3/04/2015, Zoloft discontinued (reduced to ~12.5 mg on 2/19, ~6.25 mg on 2/26, then zero):  4/26/2015, Paxil starting 10% taper (no scale so was inadvertently at 20% taper, yikes!):  4/30/2015, Paxil 10 mg, reinstated (WD disappeared between August 2015 and May 2016)

5/02/2016, Started 10% taper, reinstated to 10 mg on 5/11/16:  4/29/2017, Last dose of Paxil (working with holistic psychiatrist, lots of supplements to aid WD):  Primary symptoms: apathy, demotivation, anhedonia, fatigue, stress intolerance, moderate social anxiety

7/1/2018 Finally feeling like myself again, success!!! Praise God! Even with the stress of relocating recently, I am feeling pretty good most of the time now. Granted, I eat healthy, I exercise, I don't drink caffeine or alcohol and I try hard find a healthy balance of quiet and social times. Hang in there and keep the faith, you can do it too!

Hey Skylar,  Just saying hi, and just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Baby steps at the moment.  Breathe.

Love you friend. Praying

(((Skylar))) Hang on sweetheart. I have all your symptoms. We need to just hang on and wait it out. The waiting is torture, I know. Praying for you.

Skylar, are you also a single mother?

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

• Moderator Emeritus

Just popping in to say hi Skyler. I hope you are coping, this is an awful thing to be going through and I really feel for you. I haven't read your whole thread but have you had your hormones checked? You seem very much like my daughter was at one time and she had polycystic ovaries, grew body and facial hair but was losing the hair on her head!  I went on the high protein diet (Atkins) and had a smell of ketones so maybe that id what your husband is picking up. If it is it is not very kind of him to be saying those things to you, you are suffering enough without that! 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

Skyler, how are ya sweetie?