Skylarblue75: new and really messed up

Skylarblue75

I had what the doctor is calling Fibromyalgia( not convinced) before the ADs but now after coming off Paxil I have severe issues with muscle pain and intrusive thoughts and anxiety and nausea and headaches and fatigue and low days and hopelessness .............I could go on. Not sure why all the doctors are not seeing this. It is med induced. I pray we all heal. The body regenerates constantly so I don't know why the brain wouldn't as well. It should regenerate itself with the proper receptors eventually. I have to believe we will heal.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

• Replies 819
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Skylarblue75

• btdt

• LoveandLight

• Muddles

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first came off Klonopin my m- law told my wife to leave me because I could not just "suck it up" and that I was making it all up for attention. My wife did not understand then (2 years ago) but she does now and is more patient and compassionate. This thing changes everyone involved, for better or for worse. I'm sorry you are going through this with that type of "support". Hang in there, it may change him, but at least keep fighting for your kids sake! This will pass and you will be stronger and more compassionate than most people in the world. I had to learn in this process that anger just hurts our healing. Keep breathing... just keep breathing!

40 year old male - First panic attack in May 2012

May 2012 Atenolol (beta blocker)25mg, Ativan 2mg
August 2012 Rapid taper ativan, started zoloft 25mg
Dec 2012... rapid taper zoloft,
January 2013 Xanax 1mg for 1 month
February 2013 Klonopin 1mg
April 2013 to May 2013 Rapid Taper Klonopin to 0.5mg
June 10th 2013 jumped from 0.5 Kpin and Atenolol 25mg
July 2013 two days of Ativan 1mg b/c of hospital visit
September 2013 started Effexor 75mg (this was a mistake i think)
July 2014 to October 2014 tapered off Effexor...

July 2015 - Reinstated zoloft 50mg

When I first came off Klonopin my m- law told my wife to leave me because I could not just "suck it up" and that I was making it all up for attention. My wife did not understand then (2 years ago) but she does now and is more patient and compassionate. This thing changes everyone involved, for better or for worse. I'm sorry you are going through this with that type of "support". Hang in there, it may change him, but at least keep fighting for your kids sake! This will pass and you will be stronger and more compassionate than most people in the world. I had to learn in this process that anger just hurts our healing. Keep breathing... just keep breathing!

I just can't get a break. Me and my entire family have caught a nasty GI bug. Now All my symptoms are like acute benzo withdrawal. I'm trying to keep hydrated by drinking pedia lyte but I keep getting a reaction from it and either I bring it back up or it goes right through me, been sick like this for all most 2 days. Really don't want to go to the hospital.

Spring of 1998 place on birth control pills for irregular bleeding, high testosterone and one ovarian cyst, stayed on until April 2004, told to take hormone holiday, conceived first son 4 months later-VERY BIG SUPRISE, was told wouldn't be able to have childern or would need reproductive doctor to help. Got pregnant again 2006 with second son easily, then was on/off birthcontrol again until October 2011, concieved 3rd son in October 2011(tried many times to get pregant again when 2nd child was close to 2yrs, hormone problems started again after 2nd child, along with thyroid enlargement.

Spring of 2001 celexa 10 mgs-rx'd by pcp for complaints of chronic fatigue, irritability and weight gain, stayed on until June 2005, switched to Lexapro 20mgs for PPD, stayed on Lexapro 6-7 months, couldn't afford to see psyh dr. and Lexapro, saw PCP switched back to 20mgs celexa in 2007, remained on until November 2011, was c/t off due to 3rd pregnancy, baby had umbilical cord defect, seemed ok during pregnancy, except for crying jags here and there. Our miracle baby was born July 20th 2012, healthy except with reflux. One month later the anxiety,restlessness,horrible crying, insomnia and the deepest depression ever. That started the psyh drug nightmare-benzo's,antidepressants, sleeping pills, mood stablizers. Nothing help made me worse, doctors just kept changing the meds frequently. 4 mental health hospitalizations, rapid detox off benzos Jan 2013, horrible withdrawal and still suffering withdrawal symptoms NO ONE BELIEVES ME, I feel like ive been on one consistant drug withdrawal for the past 2 years

January 2014 slow titrate up of lexapro to 20 mgs-horrible side effects!!, was just rapidly taper by current pysh off to pursade me to try an MAOI-no way!!! Was told should consider ECT

Oh god, as if you didn't have enough to deal with. I agree you will be amazing after this..and are now also xxx

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

Ok I'm still sick with a nasty GI bug and I still can't sit still or sleep. Seriously I'm running to the bathroom with vomiting or blowout diarrhea and I'm so f***ing exhausted I just want to lay down in between and nap. Everyone else in the house can but I can't, I've never been like this, when I would get sick in the past I could sleep, this is insane. I've been off benzos for 27 months now and lexapro for 11 1/2 months. This restless and agitation has been nonstop now for almost 3 years. I'm like this on and off meds now. This is horrible, what is going on? I'm so tired of being an insane, restless, agitated crazy b***h as my husband puts it. Please I really need to know what to do, this has to stop its been going on way too long and I really fear this is permanent and I don't want to think that way. I'm taking nothing, no meds, supplements no caffeine, sugar, process crap etc. I'm at my wits end and so is my family.

Spring of 1998 place on birth control pills for irregular bleeding, high testosterone and one ovarian cyst, stayed on until April 2004, told to take hormone holiday, conceived first son 4 months later-VERY BIG SUPRISE, was told wouldn't be able to have childern or would need reproductive doctor to help. Got pregnant again 2006 with second son easily, then was on/off birthcontrol again until October 2011, concieved 3rd son in October 2011(tried many times to get pregant again when 2nd child was close to 2yrs, hormone problems started again after 2nd child, along with thyroid enlargement.

Spring of 2001 celexa 10 mgs-rx'd by pcp for complaints of chronic fatigue, irritability and weight gain, stayed on until June 2005, switched to Lexapro 20mgs for PPD, stayed on Lexapro 6-7 months, couldn't afford to see psyh dr. and Lexapro, saw PCP switched back to 20mgs celexa in 2007, remained on until November 2011, was c/t off due to 3rd pregnancy, baby had umbilical cord defect, seemed ok during pregnancy, except for crying jags here and there. Our miracle baby was born July 20th 2012, healthy except with reflux. One month later the anxiety,restlessness,horrible crying, insomnia and the deepest depression ever. That started the psyh drug nightmare-benzo's,antidepressants, sleeping pills, mood stablizers. Nothing help made me worse, doctors just kept changing the meds frequently. 4 mental health hospitalizations, rapid detox off benzos Jan 2013, horrible withdrawal and still suffering withdrawal symptoms NO ONE BELIEVES ME, I feel like ive been on one consistant drug withdrawal for the past 2 years

January 2014 slow titrate up of lexapro to 20 mgs-horrible side effects!!, was just rapidly taper by current pysh off to pursade me to try an MAOI-no way!!! Was told should consider ECT

What a shame for you, your husband saying that. I'm really sorry xx

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

I'm really not doing good I haven't slept in days, my body is constantly shaking, vibration twitching, my heart won't stop racing. My mind still racing, sweating. I can't do this anymore, I never get a break from any of this, which is making my mental status even more unstable. Sensitivities are getting worse, tinnitus is off the charts. I'm so jumpy, my son touched my arm last night and I practically jumped half way across the room. I lay in bed and every little noise makes me jump out of my skin. I'm not improving, why, please lord give me the gift of healing please and for everyone else here, please.

Hi Skylar

I'm not doing very good at the moment too. I think it's a rough patch and we will get through it. At least that's what I hope. We have to be patient and keep strong, keep hanging on. I'm praying for you. 

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Experiencing waves and windows in the following months.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.
December - things getting even worse.

January - unbearable suffering

Praying for you, Skylar. We both are suffering from the daily relentless grind of this. It's getting embedded in our brains and discouraging us to feel we will be like this forever. Your healing will come very soon, sweetheart. Turn your thoughts to God. Let Him take over now.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

I had that last week. It was unrelenting fear. It has subsided. Now I have different symptoms. I guess it's true how things change from week to week. I'guess it's our brain sorting things out. Hang in there, with every breath don't give up!

Taurine for racing thoughts have you tried it? X

Sorry you're having it so rough, Skylar. Praying you will see daylight soon!

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

I have tried Bach Rock Rose for anxiety. It was calming. I also have Bach White Chestnut for racing thoughts, but haven't tried yet.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

I can't take this constant anxiety, I know my hormones are playing a part in this. I had to follow up with the endocrinologist on Friday, a new one still down at U of P. He said he can feel nodules on my enlarged thyroid. My hair is really thinning out, I'm balding at my hairline, my weight is all over the place. I gained 10 pounds in a week, then lost it in 10 days, I'm not doing anything differently. I still can't sleep even with a sleep mask, blackout curtains, and all the sleep hygiene, still drenching my bed at night. I can't even deal with the constant anxiety, lunatic behavior and being exhausted all the time and feeling like I'm losing my mind. Something has to give, almost 3 years of this with no breaks. I don't know who the he** I am anymore or what the he** is wrong with me-w/d, thyroid, horrible perimenopause or all of it and if I have the later of the two I can't do anything for it. What can I do?? Now the environment is setting me off. Things are not getting any better, just worse.

Thinking if you skylar..you are so strong..xx

Still around and still struggling. Constant horrible anxiety and restlessness, no sleep still, so exhausted, still can't take a nap, still having agoraphobia along with a boat load of other symptoms. Nothing is changing, I'm hitting the one year mark off lexapro in a week and I'm getting worse. Food intolerances are getting worse, Now I get a rash from the sun if I go outside just in my backyard and just going outside in my backyard is difficult enough. My little one can't be kept in the house all the time because of his freak of a mother. Allergies are really bad right now. I'm sick of feeling like I'm on drugs and feeling sick, I can't enjoy or do anything, life is just miserable. Really need a break from all of this.

Please God grant me peace, because I don't know if I have the strength anymore to continue like this. Please give me a second chance at life, I promise I will not take one little thing for granted. You gave me a purpose in this life, this suffering can't be it. please grant me healing so I can fulfill that purpose and give back, if not for me for my children who are suffering terribly and want their mommy back. Please help to restore my hope and faith in you.

Amen

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

Yes Lord.  Please bring healing to Skylar and strengthen her. 

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

3/15/16  Doxepin 49mg Micro Tapering  Zoloft 24.3mg Holding taper

3/15/16 Clonidine mg 0.1 1/2 -    Decreasing incrementally.  DISCONTINUED

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

11/16/16 Doxepin 48mg  Zoloft 24.3mg  Clonidine 1.30mg

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

01/13/19  Doxepin 45mg   Zoloft 21mg   Will start Micro taper of Doxepin 2/19

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

26 Apr 2022 - Zoloft at -0-

Wishing you peace Skylar.

Flowers xxx

15 yrs on 20 to 30 mgs CITALOPRAM.  MAY 2014 Increased to 40 mgs per day.SEPT/NOV 2014 tapered in 6 weeks down to 10 mgs as per Dr instructions due to violent nightmares/palpitations.Given Noctamid (lormetazepam) to help with anxiety. On average took 2mg per day for 8 weeks.No taper was advised.DEC 2014 WD severe. Nervous tic in eyes and limbs, muscle pain,fluct  temp, weakness, dep and anxiety, nausea, giddy, unstable when walking. Different Dr suggested taking 20mgs CIT. BROMAZEPAM 3mgs up to 3 x daily for anxiety.DEC 9 2014 Updose CIT to 30mgs. Only taking BROMAZEPAM in emergency.DEC 31 2014 Settling at 30mg CIT - helping with depression. No Brom for 2wks.Found SA.APR 2015 Trying to stabilise on 30mgs CIT.  JAN 2016 Started Cit Taper reducing by 5% per month.  28.5 mgs 
FEB  Taper held bereavement. APR Taper resumed 27mgs . MAY 25.50 mgs .  JUNE 24 mgs .  JULY I stupidly mixed up my BP meds with CIT. Consequently took no CIT for 3 days and doubled my BP meds. Waiting for the fallout....Holding for a while until any chance of repercussions have abated. SEPT taper resumed to  22.5 mgs . OCT 21 mgs .NOV 19.95 mgs DEC crashed. 2017: FEB 3rd updose to 20.5 mgs to try to stabilise.FEB.switched over to 75mgs of Venlafaxine XR for 3 weeks.Too stimulating so switching back to Cit. 12 March 37.5 Ven and 20 Cit. 21 March 18mg Ven 20mg Cit. 4 April 9mg Ven 20mg Cit. Xanax .50mg when needed.  13 April 0 mgs Ven, 20mg Citalopram. Xanax .50 mg per day. 5 May reinstated a small amount of Ven to stabilize  1 mg twice a day. 20 mg Citalopram at night. Xanax .25 mg twice per day.Other Meds: Losartan (BP)Started 1993 at  50 mgs at night.  Seretide (Asthma) Started 1996 at 1 puff twice a day. Jan 2019 Antibiotic Ceclor 500mgs twice a day for bronchitis and  Atrovent 2ml capsules twice a day for asthma. Finished the course of both Jan 17. 

XANAX  Jan 27  - Feb 3 2019 Failed Valium Crossover.   Feb 14 2019  Updosed Xanax by .0625  Feb 17 2019 Decreased Xanax by .0625. Back to .50mg daily.  Update Xanax 28.2.20 tapered to .1250 mg 8am .25 mg midnight. Update Xanax 11.8.21 tapered to .25 mg at night. 

Current Meds 28.2.19: CITALOPRAM  20mg  taken at midnight. VENLAFAXINE  .9 mg twice a day at 8am and 10pm.  XANAX .50 mg split into 4 doses per day. 10am .0625mg / 2pm .1250mg/ 6pm .0625mg / midnight .25mg.Update 10.8.22 .25 mg at night.  LOSARTAN 50 mgs taken at midnight.  SERETIDE 1 puff taken at 8am and 10pm.   7.7.19 VENLAFAXINE UPDATE: Started tapering 10% every 4 weeks. Currently .4 mg twice a day at 8am and 10 pm.  2.9.19 .36 mg x 2. 1.10.19  .32 mg x 2. 26.11.19 .29 mg x2. 26.12.19 .26 mg  x 2. 23.1.20  .23 mg x 2.  20.2.20 .21 mg x2.20.3.20  .19 mg x 2. 21.4.20 .17 mg x 2. 19.5.20 .13 mg x 2.  18.6.20 .11mg  x 2 .18.7.20.10 mg x 2.1.9.20.09 mg x 2. 30.9. 20 .08 mg x 2. 1.11.20 .07 mg x 2.  2.12.20 .06 mg x 2.  8.1.21 .05 mg x 2.  4.2.21 .04 mg x 2. 9.3.21 .03 mgx2.  7.4.21  .02 mg x 2.  9.5.21 .01 mg x 2.  21.6.21 .01 mg x 1.  11.8.21 ZERO!

Amen Skylar. We all need a chance to breathe and live again. You need this now. You're exhausted. We're all exhausted. How can we keep doing this everyday? We CAN. We have no choice, but to pray and beg God for help.

So very sorry SB. I really hope something changes for you soon. Xx

The only way out is through.

Aug 2013 - Augmentin leading to akathisia

Sept-Nov 2013 - Citalopram 20mg, severe reaction, off at 5mg. Valium 4mg, prn

Oct 2013 - 5 zopiclone tablets, 7.5mg

End Nov 2013-end Feb 2014, Seroquel, top dose 150mg, off at 25mg

End Nov 2013-early march 2014, Zoloft 100mg top dose, off at 25mg

End Dec-2013-early April 2014, lorazepam 1mg prn

April 3rd 2014 zoloft 5mg for a few days. 18/4/14 - zoloft, 1mg. Came off at 0.35 mg,14th June 2014

29 June 2014 - 1mg lorazepam, last ever

29 June 2014 - med free

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh, Skylar. I don't know what to say, but I want you to know we are all in your corner.

*I'm not a doctor and don't give medical advice, just personal experience
**Off all meds since Nov. 2014. Mentally & emotionally recovered; physically not
-Dual cold turkeys off TCA & Ativan in Oct 2014. Prescribed from 2011-2014

-All meds were Rxed off-label for an autoimmune illness.  It was a MISDIAGNOSIS, but I did not find out until AFTER meds caused damage.  All med tapers/cold turkeys directed by doctors 

-Nortriptyline May 2012 - Dec 2013. Cold turkey off nortrip & cold switched to desipramine

-Desipramine Jan 2014 - Oct. 29, 2014 (rapid taper/cold turkey)

-Lorazepam 1 mg per night during 2011
-Lorazepam 1 mg per month in 2012 (or less)

-Lorazepam on & off, Dec 2013 through Aug 2014. Didn't exceed 3x a week

-Lorazepam again in Oct. 2014 to help get off of desipramine. Last dose lzpam was 1 mg, Nov. 2, 2014. Immediate paradoxical reactions to benzos after stopping TCAs 

-First muscle/dystonia side effects started on nortriptyline, but docs too stupid to figure it out. On desipramine, muscle tremors & rigidity worsened

-Two weeks after I got off all meds, I developed full-blown TD.  Tardive dystonia, dyskinesia, myoclonic jerks ALL over body, ribcage wiggles, facial tics, twitching tongue & fingers, tremors/twitches of arms, legs, cognitive impairment, throat muscles semi-paralyzed & unable to swallow solid food, brain zaps, ears ring, dizzy, everything looks too far away, insomnia, numbness & electric shocks everywhere when I try to fall asleep, jerk awake from sleep with big, gasping breaths, wake with terrors & tremors, severely depressed.  NO HISTORY OF DEPRESSION, EVER. Meds CREATED it.

-Month 7: hair falling out; no vision improvement; still tardive dystonia; facial & tongue tics returned
-Month 8: back to acute, incl. Grand Mal seizure-like episodes. New mental torment, PGAD, worse insomnia
-Month 9: tardive dystonia worse, dyskinesia returned. Unable to breathe well due to dystonia in stomach, chest, throat
-Month 13: Back to acute, brain zaps back, developed eczema & stomach problems. Left leg no longer works right due to dystonia, meaning both legs now damaged
-7 years off: Huge improvements, incl. improved dystonia

Thanks everyone for your words of support ❤️ Really feeling uncomfortable in my own body, so restless and anxious, constant agitation and irritability,anger, in a constant fog, not feeling present at all everything is a dream, constant shaking and tremors, feeling like a crazed rabid dog. So exhausted but feel manic at the same time. Severely depressed, have never been this way in my life. Will this ever end? Come on I'm going to be a year off lexapro soon. I'm done with crying everyday and being like this. I want to function again.

Hi Skylar, wishing for peace and relief for you. Hang in there. We have no other choice put to push through the pain and suffering every day. Healing will come for all of us one day and this will all be just a bad memory. So many people have recovered. We will recover too, we need to persevere. 

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.

Thanks blue! Still the same, I'm tired of being extremely depressed, anxious and crying. Constantly feeling restless and uncomfortable in my body. Next week will be 12 months off lexapro and I have nothing to show for it. I'm ready to start drinking to deal with this and that is not my personality at all. I'm tired of feeling suisidal everyday, again not my personality. How can I ever think I will be normal, I've been like this now for almost 3 years. I've missed out on so much and I'm sick and tired of hearing how I'm upsetting and disappointing people. That something has to give, that everyone in my family is suffering. I'm tired of the constant thoughts in my head of what's wrong with me, music, just nonsense. How can I be utterly exhausted but anxious and restless at the same time but can't sleep. I'm tired of being called a crazy b***h, that crazy people don't sleep and I belong in a mental hospital. Tired of hearing that i should start considering that I'm bipolar or that I have to have some sort of mental illness to be in the state that Ive been in for so long. I barely pay any attention to my kids because I'm exhausted and just caring for them is too stressful. Everything is just too much for me to handle. I'm a prisoner in my house and in my body that doesn't feel like me. More years of suffering like this or never recovering, I want me back. Ive become paranoid, I don't trust myself, I question everything, if I make sense when I talk, if Im hearing things or smelling things, do people think I'm crazy when they look at me, this is not me at all. I hate questioning if I'm going crazy because I'm not acting normally at all. I'm so desperate to feel some form of normalc, but I don't even know what that is for me anymore, maybe this is the true me and I truely need medication. I don't know who the true me is anymore, I'm losing it!

I'm so sorry that people around you treat you like that.

There is nothing wrong with you..your a normal, sane, lovely person going through something terrible. It's not your fault. Your doing amazing.xxx

Is there anyone out there that has suffered with this constant restlessness, anxiety, agitation, shaking, tremors, buzzing electric feeling though their entire body, jaw clenching and quivering crying everyday, scared to leave the house, frequent panic attacks, nausea and a bunch more crap for years and it went away,please I need help, I can't take this anymore. I guess it's some form of akathesia??? Could it be going on for almost 3 years straight? I'm scared that I will have it permanently. I'm so exhausted but feel like I have to move and it doesn't help. This all showed up really bad in August of 2012, 9 months after stopping celexa c/t and it's been nonstop since and yes I had a ton of drugs thrown at me from 2012-May 2014 and none of the drugs helped just made me worse. I haven't read anything positive on tardive akathesia and it is permanent. If this is not what I'm going through then I do have something mentally wrong with me. I'm taking nothing, I've eliminated so much from my diet and nothing is changing. Next week is my one year mark off lexapro, I'm so scared that I'm going to be permanently damaged like this. I want to think positive, but I haven't seen anyone post that they have had this crap for as long as me. I see people say that it went away in a few months or a year, but nothing about suffered for almost 3 years or possibly longer. I'm considering seeking out a movement disorder specialist because I can't go on like this anymore. I need to sleep and to be able to function and care for my kids again, I have no help or support and this is becoming really damaging to my kids, I could care less how it's affecting my husband, because he's the one reminding me how crazy I am and that I belong permanently in a mental hospital. I've read Angie's blog about this, i have every symptom and a lot more.

My vision is really screwed up, having focusing issues, blurry vision, extremely dry eyes, like there's small black spots in my vision, when I look down at things from standing from a high balcony everything looks disoriented and fish bowled out and it makes me even more dizzy. When I look at lights the image of the light stays in my eyes but as a bright green circle and takes forever to go away. I've even had two different fields of vision in my eyes like the vision in one eye everything is close ups and the other eye everything is further away and this is happening at the same time. I just feel disoriented, spaced out, dizzy all the time and it's worse when I go outside, mixed with not being able to sit still. I can't look in mirrors from a distance, images look fish bowled, same thing happens even if I go in the car and someone else drives the images in the driving mirrors look distorted. I know all of this probably sounds absolutely crazy. I've had my eyes examined 3 times, nothing is wrong.

My balance is off, I will sway like a hula girl at times, or my body will rock back and forth when trying to sit. My fingers on my hands will move back and forth when I hold them out. Still have sensitivity to light, sounds and smells,food and supplements, still very jumpy and it's worse when trying to relax my body. I can get horrible motion sickness when I have to go in a car. Muscle twitches and jerks, horrible tinnitus, hair loss and thinning to the point you can see my scalp, very irregular menstrual cycles, horrible bed drenching nightsweats every night. Just too much to list.

Alot of my neurological symptoms started after the rapid benzo detox and that was almost 28 months ago. I felt present and didn't have vision, balance problems, DP/DR etc. until then. These issues aren't going away and it just causes more anxiety for me.

I just don't know anymore, I am having thyroid, adrenal and ovarian problems but is it from withdrawal or true medical issues.

At the end of my rope.

Heya skylar..

So sorry your feeling so bad..

Thinking of you. Don't give up. Hugs xx

Hi Skylar

"Is there anyone out there that has suffered with this constant restlessness, anxiety, agitation, shaking, tremors, buzzing electric feeling though their entire body, jaw clenching and quivering crying everyday, scared to leave the house, frequent panic attacks, nausea and a bunch more crap for years and it went away,please I need help, I can't take this anymore. I guess it's some form of akathesia??? Could it be going on for almost 3 years straight? I'm scared that I will have it permanently. I'm so exhausted but feel like I have to move and it doesn't help. This all showed up really bad in August of 2012, 9 months after stopping celexa c/t and it's been nonstop since and yes I had a ton of drugs thrown at me from 2012-May 2014 and none of the drugs helped just made me worse."

I think you might be experiencing some sort of akathisia, there's a thread about it in the symptoms section, take a look. The most important thing to remember is that it is not permanent. It might be prolonged because of the many meds that you have taken, but now that you're off meds things will get back to normal. This is bound to end. You just have to hold on, minute by minute, day by day. I KNOW how hellish this is, trust me. I'm in my own personal hell right now. It will settle down for you, just don't give up! Many people have recovered from akathisia, and there are many who have akathisia right now on the forum. I wish you peace and healing. This will not be permanent. 

Can anyone please tell me why my the symptoms from my previous post are not going away. I'm really doing bad, considering going to ER, can't stop moving, shakes are really bad, feelings of wanting to hurt myself or others,horrible intrusive thoughts have been up all night either pacing or thrashing around trying to lay in bed. Exhausted but jacked up. Nauseous haven't been really able to eat lately. Im so scared. I tried doing a guided meditation on my phone be doing breathing exercises. I'm in such anguish, this has been my life for almost 3 years, why isn't anything changing? The only thing that has changed that I just remembered is that my allergies have been so bad that I used my prescription Flonase nasal spray a two times, only one spray in each nostril, not 2 and only once a day not twice. Could this be what's setting me off even more???? Wtf could this be it???? If it is then what can I do for the allergies and asthma??Am I ever going to be able to use my asthma and allergy meds ever again?? If this is my problem, do medication reactions ever go away? God why didn't I think, my memory of daily things is so messed up. No more Flonase then, looks like I screwed myself. My allergies are so bad that I'm having a hard time breathing. Well obviously my reaction to medications is getting worse, not better. This is so insane that a nasal spray could possibly cause such problems. I guess I'll throw it away. Only used the spray twice.

I don't think anyone can say for sure why the symptoms are not going away. My guess is it will take more time for them to subside.

I think we will always be sensitive to any medication now if I'm honest. It does, I've heard get better but I for sure won't touch anything ever again. How sick this all is.

Thinking of you...as always. ????

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Skylar,  First I am so very sorry that you are experiencing any of this much less ALL of these symptoms.   No human being should ever have to go through what you are.  I know that in time this will get better and better but getting to that point is a Herculean task, I know  (((Skylar))). 

I did a little research into some of the things you listed that you are experiencing.    The first one that I noticed is the Flonase as it is as you know, a steroid and is very stimulating.   There are side effects listed for the product but I'm quite sure that there are many more when you are in w/d.  Here's what I found---note the side effect for vision especially:  http://www.drugs.com/flonase.html. 

Have you had a biopsy on the nodules on your thyroid?  And of course, those can be causing hyperthyroidism which has its own list of symptoms certainly including alopecia, insomnia, weight loss, etc.   Of course taking a med for this can cause its own problems, I know.  Does your doctor have any suggestions for dealing with it?

I just think that your symptoms are so extreme possibly because of these other things that you have.  That being said, you are "just" one year free of psych drugs and I know you know that this can be the first part of CNS recovery.   There are people that have had horrific symptoms, including akathisia, that  do have prolonged recovery, but do definitely recover!   And it can begin to lift fairly quickly once you system has reestablished balance.  

I wish I had something to make this all go away for you.   I am praying that you will have a time of at least some relief from the worst of this.   This DOES have an end, Skylar.  Love to you.

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

3/15/16  Doxepin 49mg Micro Tapering  Zoloft 24.3mg Holding taper

3/15/16 Clonidine mg 0.1 1/2 -    Decreasing incrementally.  DISCONTINUED

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

11/16/16 Doxepin 48mg  Zoloft 24.3mg  Clonidine 1.30mg

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

01/13/19  Doxepin 45mg   Zoloft 21mg   Will start Micro taper of Doxepin 2/19

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

26 Apr 2022 - Zoloft at -0-

Hi Selma, I've been begging every single endocrinologist I've seen to do a biopsy on the thyroid nodules, I keep getting told the nodules aren't that big of a deal and their too small to biopsy. I was diagnosed with thyroid goiter with one small nodule 8 years ago after my second son was born. Have had low normal thyroid levels for years, but I don't know if the celexa was causing it. My last ultrasound 2 years ago showed more nodules that were possibly cystic. My thyroid levels and tsh have been all over the place since having the baby. Have been told I have chronic thyroiditis. Now I just saw another endocrinologist 2 weeks ago and he said that my thyroid is enlarged and he could feel nodules, he's the first one that has felt nodules he also checking more bloodwork. I had another ultrasound on Wednesday and I go back to see the endocrinologist on the 15th. I've told every doctor I've seen that hypothyroidism and that Hashimotos runs in my family on both sides and hormonal issues. I'm afraid it's going to be the same song and dance your values are borderline, your complaints are depression go see a psychiatrist for your issues. I've been treated like this since I was 23 years old, since I started with major hormonal issues, just given pills and told to deal with it. I'm not using the Flonase anymore. Thank you for giving me support, I know your going through it tough too.❤️ And the vision problems and all the other crap has been going on for a while now long before I touched the Flonase.