luv2knit

luv2knit

Hope you have a much better day tomorrow luv. Thinking of you as usual. Hugs and kisses

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Experiencing waves and windows in the following months.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.
December - things getting even worse.

January - unbearable suffering

Thanks BB and Pug. Yesterday was rough--and today not starting out well either. Still feel like I have a bit of a stomach bug, so that may be it. Akathisia ramped up, and fatigue overwhelming! Could use prayers from anyone who is so inclined. I've been in the hole so long, and was just starting to feel like I was (sort of) coming out of it!

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Praying that you see better days soon luv. 

I suffer from depression, anxiety, pure-o ocd, and panic attacks since 2004. Been on multiple different psychiatric drugs since 2006. Never had a significant WD problem before, only brain zaps for a month and then I'd be fine...............Been on Cipralex (escitalopram) 15 mg and Fluanxol (flupentixol) 1 mg since Sep 2014. Stopped taking the Cipralex after a fast 20-day taper.Took the last 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 5th, 2015. Then took Seroxat (paroxetine) 10 mg for a week, and stopped it too. Severe WD started suddenly on Feb 16th. RI 5 mg Cipralex on Feb 18th, 2015. RI worked and was relatively stable for a while................April 7 - decreased Fluanxol from 1 mg to 0.5 mg and took it at this dose for a week. - BIG MISTAKE; April 13 - WD starts creeping in; April 14 - RI full dose of Fluanxol 1 mg => severe muscle twitching and jerking when trying to relax and fall asleep, overwhelming sense of doom, dread, terror, and horror, insomnia, hoping to stabilize.
Tried doing a 10% cut off Fluanxol in the end of May for a few days, but quickly updosed to full dose because the twitching returned.
Experiencing waves and windows in the following months.
Unsuccessful brief taper attempt of Fluanxol by 5% on November 1st. Symptoms hit the next day. Too scared to continue tapering, reinstate full dose.
Severe crash in November after stupidly trying a barbiturate on November 9th. Grave mistake. Sense of unshakable inescapable internal torture, like my soul is in hell being tortured, terror/horror/dread/doom (probably akathisia?) that gets especially bad when trying to relax and fall asleep, muscles twitch, jerk and move on their own, shaking, insomnia, can't eat, confusion, disorientation, brain not working normally. Never felt so bad in my entire life. Never experiment with other meds while in WD! Praying to God I stabilize and get back to my baseline.
December - things getting even worse.

January - unbearable suffering

Thanks, BB! Appreciate it!

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Praying as always, Luv.  So sorry that you're having such a horrible go of it right now---hold on to the certainty that this WILL get better.  Hoping that you get a good lifting very soon.  Will be praying throughout the day for you.  I am so grateful for your prayers too.  Love you.

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

3/15/16  Doxepin 49mg Micro Tapering  Zoloft 24.3mg Holding taper

3/15/16 Clonidine mg 0.1 1/2 -    Decreasing incrementally.  DISCONTINUED

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

11/16/16 Doxepin 48mg  Zoloft 24.3mg  Clonidine 1.30mg

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

01/13/19  Doxepin 45mg   Zoloft 21mg   Will start Micro taper of Doxepin 2/19

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

26 Apr 2022 - Zoloft at -0-

Thanks, SL. So grateful for the prayers. I am continuing to pray for you as well. Hope you are hanging in there, and are at least seeing some sign of stabilization!

XOXO

Up in chair, rocking, at 2:30 a.m. again. When is this ever gonna end?! Thought at 11 months out this akathisia would be easing off somewhat anyway. Between that and the insomnia, I am totally losing my mind. I honestly don't know how much longer I can take this.

((((Oh Luv))))  Praying so hard for some lifting and for sleep.  I know how tortuous it is to have to keep going on in this much pain.  We just have to continue to tell ourselves that each day, each moment, is bringing us closer to relief.  I have had to stay in the moment lately too.  God give us the strength to get through today.  Love you. xoxoxo

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

3/15/16  Doxepin 49mg Micro Tapering  Zoloft 24.3mg Holding taper

3/15/16 Clonidine mg 0.1 1/2 -    Decreasing incrementally.  DISCONTINUED

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

11/16/16 Doxepin 48mg  Zoloft 24.3mg  Clonidine 1.30mg

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

01/13/19  Doxepin 45mg   Zoloft 21mg   Will start Micro taper of Doxepin 2/19

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

26 Apr 2022 - Zoloft at -0-

Oh Luv I don't know how I get through each day either. I find that I am so envious of people who are living their lives and they take it for granted. I pray God gives us another chance at a fulfilling and enjoyable life not lived in fear of horrible pain and unwanted physical and mental torture.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

I 'm in awe of the strength you've shown in the face of so much suffering.I pray this will let up soon.xoxo

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

Thanks, Selma, Frustrated and DS.

Been about the same all day, but totally freaking out right now. The nurse at my doctor's office called and left a message on our answering machine that she wanted to go over a couple of things on my test results with me. Could be nothing, or could be something they are wanting to put me on medication for--which I can't do. So far, I have not even been able to get past the answering machine, which I can't even hear. (This has happened before.) Ugh!!

Ok... FINALLY got through to the doctor's office. They are actually changing me to a lower dose on my Synthroid. That is a good thing, if it doesn't throw me for a loop somehow, as sensitive as I am. I'm a little nervous about it, but glad everything else looks good.

I always request that they send me a copy of my test results in the mail, and I'll be curious to see some actual numbers on cholesterol, etc, BUT this means my cholesterol is OK without the Zetia (non-statin cholesterol med) that I quit taking a year ago without telling her! I thought it would be, with the supplements I was on, but next time I'm in, I can tell her I'm off that!! YAHOO!!

Now, if this akathisia would just settle down!!

Have followed your thread luv2knit and I hope you are well. I also hope your akathesia settles down. Much healing and peace to you.

2001-04 Polypharmacy to include Paxil,Celexa, Risperdal, Seroquel, Depakote, Ambien, Geodon, Valium, Ativan, Haldol

03/04-11/04 Abilify

11/04-05/07 CT Abilify Non symptomatic

6/07 took Valium, began to experience altered reality and physical symptoms of withdrawal from Valium.

07/08. Abilify 2 mg, 12/08 Abilify 1 mg, 03/09 Abilify 0 mg, 03/08-06/11Altered reality but fully functional

10/12 hospitalized, Invega Depot, 2 shots discontinued, severe insomnia

6/14-10/14 flexeril, discontinued, developed insomnia; 10/14 10 mg Doxepin I week, no help with insomnia; 10/14 Remeron for two days, paradoxical reaction

Present Risperdal 1mg, clonazepam 2 mg, Restoril 15 mg. Went from .5 to 1 to 1.5 to 2mg of clonazepam in 2014. Also in 2014, tapered from 2 mg risperdal to 1.5 (fairly slowly but still too fast) and had to up dose back to 2 mg. Got liquid risperdal and started from 2 mg again.

Thank you, Adagiooo!

You're welcome.

2001-04 Polypharmacy to include Paxil,Celexa, Risperdal, Seroquel, Depakote, Ambien, Geodon, Valium, Ativan, Haldol

03/04-11/04 Abilify

11/04-05/07 CT Abilify Non symptomatic

6/07 took Valium, began to experience altered reality and physical symptoms of withdrawal from Valium.

07/08. Abilify 2 mg, 12/08 Abilify 1 mg, 03/09 Abilify 0 mg, 03/08-06/11Altered reality but fully functional

10/12 hospitalized, Invega Depot, 2 shots discontinued, severe insomnia

6/14-10/14 flexeril, discontinued, developed insomnia; 10/14 10 mg Doxepin I week, no help with insomnia; 10/14 Remeron for two days, paradoxical reaction

Present Risperdal 1mg, clonazepam 2 mg, Restoril 15 mg. Went from .5 to 1 to 1.5 to 2mg of clonazepam in 2014. Also in 2014, tapered from 2 mg risperdal to 1.5 (fairly slowly but still too fast) and had to up dose back to 2 mg. Got liquid risperdal and started from 2 mg again.

So, it appears that at least some of the symptoms I'm having now COULD have been caused by the apparently too-high dose of Synthroid I have been on. I've wanted to go on natural thyroid for some time, but doc wouldn't agree. Now is not the time for change. I'm worried enough about dropping the dose from 88 to 75. I have 4 pills of the 88 left. I plan to try cutting increasingly bigger bits off those over the next few days, but that's the best I can do toward "tapering". I've joined a new withdrawal group on FB, and the consensus there seems to be that it would be better if I could taper more slowly, and now I am even more freaked out. The change in dose--even if I did it suddenly--is 15%, and I really have no clue if the change in Synthroid would affect my WD symptoms.

To make matters even worse, I posted about the akathisia in this new group, hoping to find someone who had it and actually recovered from it... Not a "recovery story", but an actual living, breathing person I could talk to. Didn't have much luck there, but after much conversation on the subject and one thing leading to another, I ended up with several people on the group insisting I need to stop taking krill oil, and find something else for my bp and cholesterol. First of all, I absolutely CANNOT take anything different, and if I experiment by going off and it doesn't help, I will not be able to add it back in. (Been there, done that with other supplements.) This has got me so stressed out, the akathisia is ramped sky high, and I got ABSOLUTELY no sleep last night. (I actually had a pretty good day yesterday!)

If something I am taking twice a day every day were making me worse, wouldn't I be getting drastically worse, rather than just having "flares" and then periods when things are better?! (Sort of like windows and waves, but not really windows and waves.) Over the last 10 days, I've had 3 of those days where at least part of the day was remotely tolerable to decent--and only 2 of those days were downright bad! Does this sound like I need to be making MAJOR changes?! I know everyone is different, but also, I thought fish oil (krill oil) was generally considered to be helpful. I've personally been taking it for about 3 years--long before withdrawal.

SO CONFUSED! Do I listen to the research others have done, or to my own body?! Too stressed out to listen to my body today!

(Or the research either--maybe I need to turn off my notifications.)

:( :( :(

And yes, I know two--maybe three of you who are on the above board, and y'all are NOT the problem! Just frustrated and ranting!!

XOXO

Everytime someone gives advice it always seems to backfire.  I think you know your body better than anyone and you should follow your instincts.  If I listened to everyone with well meaning advice I would be in a real mess by now.  Hope you figure this out.

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Thanks, Frustrated--and I know they ARE well meaning. Yes, I'm frustated with the way things are. At the same time, though, they probably could be much worse, given my situation and time frame. I was really just looking for someone to say, "Yes, I had the akathisia--it lasted (blank amount of time) and I completely recovered from it." No such luck :(

There are people on here that recovered from akathisia somewhere....I'm sure of it. One guy on paxil progress had it for 18 months straight- really bad but it went.

We need to dig out those akathisia recovery stories from somewhere.

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Dear Muddles--Thanks so much for your support! I also know of a guy on the Zoloft boards who went CT on his doctor's advice, and went through a 22 month WD. His situation is the closest to mine, but every time he tells his story, he tells it a little differently. First, it was that he had 6 months of akathisia, and it just was gone one day. I carried that in my brain for months, before I finally asked him again what the time frame on the akathisia was. He said he started having windows at 10 months, better windows at 18 months, and recovered at 22 months, but didn't speak specifically about the akathisia.

I guess I get a little crazy, because in the few circumstances I've seen, there are always significant differences, such as long slow taper vs. CT, and I'm always looking for a situation that is more similar to mine before I compare. Of course the stories from those who developed akathisia from, for example, Compazine, I don't relate to at all. I think we're all a little like that, though. I do feel better when I hear stories from you and a couple of others who had it, but have for the most part been free from it for a while, because I do believe that's a good indicator it will soon be gone for good in those cases. So far, I have had hours of less intensity, but not completely gone. I just can't help wanting to hear how long, how it went, (suddenly or gradually) etc. I know everyone is different of course, so that doesn't mean it would be the same for me!

I read somewhere the other day where someone said after a year, everything started to wear on them, and I think that's what I'm experiencing now!! So frustrating for me and those who have to put up with me!

Ramped up today--probably because I got NO sleep since I woke up before midnight. Day is half over. I WILL make it!

I have been in pain all day and I need to go to doctor tomorrow to get another script for percs and he is not a nice person and I dont wanna deal with him. If you can make it so can I! Praying!

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Praying for you too, Frustrated! Yes, we will make it. Sorry your doc is not a nice person :( Fortunately mine is very pleasant to be around! I may not like to go there--but she is pleasant! Thanks!

I've added you to a group on FB and asked for recoveries from akathisia on there...a couple have already responded and it's all good. :-)

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg

Praying Luv!! I think you are right about the year marker, I am not as feisty as I was 6 months ago. It is difficult.

I'm praying for you. I don't know what to think about the synthroid situation. But, I am praying for God to give you wisdom on what to do. Xoxoxox

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Thank you, Muddles. I'm not seeing a notification where you added me to a group. (They probably don't want me with the state I've been in! LOL)

Thanks, WF. Yes, the year marker is hard! I'm already worried about what happens if doc later decides to raise Synthroid back up, as I think that will be even harder!!

I know Luv..... It's a hard situation you're in. :( I don't know what to do about this Ativan... I have no idea. I'm confused a lot of the time.

Praying.

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Yes, me too, WF. Praying for wisdom for both of us!

I got my lab results in the mail yesterday. Strange--the lowering of the Synthroid dose was the change that needed to be made, but those test results were not there. I did, however, see that my fasting glucose was up quite a bit. Still normal, but just barely. Made me go searching, and it seems that high cortisol levels can cause both these things--the rise in the glucose and the change in thyroid levels. I'm concerned now that I may continue to have changes in thyroid levels (and thus medication), and I hope before this over I do not end up being diagnosed as diabetic and on more meds. Anyone know anything about this?

I have high cortisol too and glucose problems but my thyroid is fine. I had never realized they were all related.

.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

Hi Luv,

I have both diabetes and am being treated for low thyroid. There is a relationship between blood sugar, thyroid, and cortisol. I think this is a pretty good article by Chris Kresser that talks about it: http://chriskresser.com/thyroid-blood-sugar-metabolic-syndrome/

I've noticed in the past that when my thyroid is too low, that blood sugar tends to go up. This goes against most things I read in the past, but fits with what Kresser says. Elevated cortisol tends to raise blood sugar. Stress in any form can make cortisol go up, and also blood sugar. For me, strong emotions or lack of sleep influence blood sugar far more than anything I might eat.

Remeron for depression. Started at 7.5 mg. in 2005. Gradual increases over 8 years, up to 45 mg. in 2012.Began tapering in June 2013. Went from 45 to 30 mg in the first 3-4 months. Held for a couple of months.Started tapering by 3.75 mg every month or 2, with some longer holding periods. Eventually went down to 3.75 mg. about April 2014. Stopped taking Remeron August 2014. Developed issues with histamine a week after stopping--symptoms reduced through diet and a few supplements. Currently having issues with a few foods. Most of the histamine intolerance has resolved or is at least, in remission.

Current Medications:

Current Supplements: Cannabis (CBD and THC), Vitamin C, D, Quercetin, CoQ10, Tart Cherry, Probiotic, Phytoplankton oil, magnesium, Methyl B. What has helped me most: spending time in nature, qi gong, exercise, healthy diet, meditation, IV vitamins, homeopathy, massage, acupuncture, chiropractic, music, and cuddling my cats..

My introduction: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/8459-mirtazapine-withdrawal-freespirit/#entry144282

Please note: I am not a therapist or medical practitioner. Any suggestions offered come solely from my personal experience in recovering from childhood trauma, therapy, and AD use. Please seek appropriate care for yourself.

“After a cruel childhood, one must reinvent oneself. Then re-imagine the world.”
Mary Oliver

Frustrated, I never thought about it either.

Thanks for the link freespirit. I will definitely check it out.

Interestingly, I know I have had the high cortisol all through WD. A couple of months ago, though, I took my fasting blood sugar at home, and it was in the 70's. I was pleased, because that was down from the 90 it has been being at the doctor. I was not surprised, though, since I have lost 42 lbs. in WD. I was very surprised, though, to find it was 97 at the doctor. Sent me looking for a reason!

It seems to be the "pattern".  So angry. Diabetes/ high cholesterol/  thyroid/ weight gain/ heart palpitations.  All a result, of the "poisons".  Lucky , those that have lost "weight".   I gain everyday. !!  

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014