SelmaLady: How do I do this?

SelmaLady

I keep trying to figure out what part God plays in this. Is it just part of a fallen world? Is it a process I needed to go through to learn? I don't think this was His plan A for me, but I just get so confused!

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

Like the calendar idea, and I know we will recover. I'm curious though (and I know you have this too)... I was just reading a thread where someone was basically being told "it can't hurt you"...(the akathisia) I don't understand that thinking. A couple of days ago when I was left here, I came the closest to self-harm that I ever have. Am I just blowing this out of proportion--because I don't see any way to control it--or do people need to be more careful with their offhand comments when they don't know the situation? I've seen this before, and the comment appeared to be deleted when the person suffering ended up in a really bad way, and unable to even post... I mean... Have you found any way to keep it from ramping up? (Hugs)

It is an offhand comment made by someone who clearly has no idea what they are talking about. People need to be more vigilent about comments. I have often said I would appreciate people not speaking of which they know nothing. WD is WD. But, we all have different experiences and they should not be minimized. I try to keep my specific opinions about symptoms confined to the symptoms I have actually experienced and I shut up when it is something I have no experience with.

I have literally been so miserable but too scared to hurt myself that I have asked my mother to "not let me suffer anymore". I think we can all figure out what I meant. So, unless the person commenting has experience in this kind of misery, comments instructing people should probably be kept to a minimum.

I've been there. When in the thick of it, I've asked my mom to kill me. I asked a neighbor to kill me. He said that he didn't want to go to jail.

It is truly horrible. I'm thankful Selma that you get some relief. I've had times of no relief and just pacing floors.

I don't understand why God doesn't heal. Sometimes I ask him why he expects me to stay faithful to his word and then I expect Him to stay faithful and heal as His word says. In some cases, if we have unconfessed sin in our lives it can block healing. I truly believe sin brought back my problems. Even after repenting I still have to deal with getting off the drug I am now on. I fear the anxiety or akathesia (don't know the difference between the two) coming back.

So far it hasn't. I ask God why some people suffer so much and some don't. I don't have the answer.

Prozac 1999-2009 quit semi cold turkey.

2012 Placed on Seroquel 25 mg, Tranxene (Clorezepate) 3.75 mg 3x a day, Remeron 30 mg for anxiety/akathesia.

Weaned off Seroquel and Tranxene .to Remeron 15 Mg.

In May 2014 tried quitting Remeron at its lowest dose. Had severe withdrawals.Reinstated Remeron at 30 mg by doctor. August 5 2014 entered hospital. Doctor pulled the Remeron and bridged it to Pamelor (Nortriptyline) 40mg and Zyprexa 2.5mg.After removing the Remeron all my bad symptoms went away and I am stable.

9/11/14 - 7.5 mg tranxene, 40mg Pamelor, Zyprexa 2.5mg

12/29/14 -  20mg Pamelor, 1/6/15,  7/31/15 3.5mg, 8/10/15 3.2 mg, 9/15/15 2.2mg, 10/15/15 1.8mg

(Feb 2016 - 1.4mg Pamelor only -  OFF OF TRANXENE AND ZYPREXA SINCE DEC 2014 BENZO FREE Since 2014. Nortrityline (Pamelor) .8mg Aug 2016

March 2017 DRUG FREE

My faith has been both bolstered and shaken on this journey. I pray every day all day and I'm still not healed. The I look at my original symptoms list and have gone from 16 down to 5 and the 5 I still have can all be attributed to cortisol and anxiety. That's how I keep my faith that God is listening and protecting and healing me. I have a ways to go yet. But God is right here.

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

I think none of us really knows how bad it could have been. I think God steps in so many times and we never ever know. So we think it's awful, but it could have been even worse and we don't know it. I believe that my all of my sin was paid for at the cross. And, that this has nothing to do with punishment. Jesus took my punishment. All I know is Christ is enough. He doesn't promise us a comfortable life. He promises to be enough. This is hard to believe in circumstances like this. But, it is the truth that I am holding to. I am trying so very hard to cling to this.

2005-Zoloft bad reaction.....2006-Lexepro......2012-Upped Lexepro.......2013-Upped Lexepro......2/2014- Attempted Taper Lexepro...2/2014- Updosed Lexepro.......3/2014-Ativan.....5/2014- CT switch from Lexpro to Effexor.....

5/2014-7/2014-Tapered Ativan from 1mg to .25mg.....6/2014-Bad reaction to Effexor........7/2014- Rapid taper Effexor every other day......7/5/2014- Off Effexor.......7/2014-12/2014 - Ativan .25mg.......12/25/2014 -Taper Ativan by 4% due to paradoxical reaction .24mg...11/18/2015-Taper Ativan 1% CURRENTLY ON: .2376mg Ativan taken in 6 .0396mg doses.

JDM, you took the words right out of my mouth. Now could you please get the egg yolk out of my hair?

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Selma Lady, How are you doing? ((hugs))

JDM, you took the words right out of my mouth. Now could you please get the egg yolk out of my hair?

Lol!!! You crack me up!!!

Yes, Selma... How are you? We have stolen your thread to have a theological discussion on the meaning of suffering. :(

But, what we really want...is to know how you are...:)

Keep your chin up Selma. You are a tough cookie and God has got a tight hold on you. You can't slip. He has you.

I am desperate and scared that I can't go on.  I so need to believe that God will bring me out of at least most of this.  I am at the base of a high mountain with no way to climb. 

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

3/15/16  Doxepin 49mg Micro Tapering  Zoloft 24.3mg Holding taper

3/15/16 Clonidine mg 0.1 1/2 -    Decreasing incrementally.  DISCONTINUED

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

11/16/16 Doxepin 48mg  Zoloft 24.3mg  Clonidine 1.30mg

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

01/13/19  Doxepin 45mg   Zoloft 21mg   Will start Micro taper of Doxepin 2/19

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

26 Apr 2022 - Zoloft at -0-

Praying for you right now, SL.

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

((prayers)). You will get through this, one moment, then minute, then hour at a time. Try not to look at the mountain. The sight I'd daunting. Just stay at base camp with a cup of hot chocolate.

*is*

Oh thank you for prayers.  I have no understanding of how I am living in this at all.  I am at the worst place today that I have ever been.  I think the infection and the silver and stress has added additional stress to my brain chaos.  I know I have said it before, but it is completely true today:  God alone is getting me through.  I have been singing this song all morning.  I don't know where a way could ever be made....

God will make a way
Where there seems to be no way
He works in ways we cannot see
He will make a way for me

He will be my guide
Hold me closely to His side
With love and strength for each new day
He will make a way, He will make a way

1971-81  Valium 5mg c/t PAWS     1992- through now Zoloft 25mg    2003-05 Valium 12mg Slow Taper Off

2013 Afrin Exposure to CNS    2013 O/D Val 230mg    2013 Doxepin 50mg Clonidine 2mg Zoloft 25mg

10/9/16  Doxepin 48.9  Zoloft 24.3  Clonidine  01.10  Continuing micro taper on Doxepin.

5/4/17  Doxepin 45mg  Zoloft 24mg  Clonidine 1.20mg   Micro taper of Doxepin  , Clonidine

12/21/21  Doxepin 20 mg ?  Reducing using water micro taper--Pulling 24ml from 75ml

12/2121   Zoloft .060 grams by weight--HOLDING (info from post added by CC: On 12/21/21 my dosage was .060grams by weight or 20mg. )

That's beautiful, Selma. Keep singing.

I'm in the middle of a panic attack. Need prayers too. ((praying))

Lovely, SL! Continued prayers!

Prayers for you too, Pug!

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Here are the words to my "go to"  song by Casting Crowns.  When I had to drive to town by myself Monday, I played it over and over and over.  I would post the video, but IDK how.  Perhaps the words will be a comfort, though.

uiz

"Praise You In This Storm"

I was sure by now
God You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say "Amen", and it's still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear Your whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

[Chorus:]
And I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry to you
And you raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can't find You

But as the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
"I'm with you"
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

[Chorus]

I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The Maker of Heaven and Earth

[Chorus x2]

Luv, I have heard this song and it is wonderful --  thank you so much for sharing it here.  I will read it over and over. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Just stopping by to offer my well wishes.

*I'm not a doctor and don't give medical advice, just personal experience
**Off all meds since Nov. 2014. Mentally & emotionally recovered; physically not
-Dual cold turkeys off TCA & Ativan in Oct 2014. Prescribed from 2011-2014

-All meds were Rxed off-label for an autoimmune illness.  It was a MISDIAGNOSIS, but I did not find out until AFTER meds caused damage.  All med tapers/cold turkeys directed by doctors 

-Nortriptyline May 2012 - Dec 2013. Cold turkey off nortrip & cold switched to desipramine

-Desipramine Jan 2014 - Oct. 29, 2014 (rapid taper/cold turkey)

-Lorazepam 1 mg per night during 2011
-Lorazepam 1 mg per month in 2012 (or less)

-Lorazepam on & off, Dec 2013 through Aug 2014. Didn't exceed 3x a week

-Lorazepam again in Oct. 2014 to help get off of desipramine. Last dose lzpam was 1 mg, Nov. 2, 2014. Immediate paradoxical reactions to benzos after stopping TCAs 

-First muscle/dystonia side effects started on nortriptyline, but docs too stupid to figure it out. On desipramine, muscle tremors & rigidity worsened

-Two weeks after I got off all meds, I developed full-blown TD.  Tardive dystonia, dyskinesia, myoclonic jerks ALL over body, ribcage wiggles, facial tics, twitching tongue & fingers, tremors/twitches of arms, legs, cognitive impairment, throat muscles semi-paralyzed & unable to swallow solid food, brain zaps, ears ring, dizzy, everything looks too far away, insomnia, numbness & electric shocks everywhere when I try to fall asleep, jerk awake from sleep with big, gasping breaths, wake with terrors & tremors, severely depressed.  NO HISTORY OF DEPRESSION, EVER. Meds CREATED it.

-Month 7: hair falling out; no vision improvement; still tardive dystonia; facial & tongue tics returned
-Month 8: back to acute, incl. Grand Mal seizure-like episodes. New mental torment, PGAD, worse insomnia
-Month 9: tardive dystonia worse, dyskinesia returned. Unable to breathe well due to dystonia in stomach, chest, throat
-Month 13: Back to acute, brain zaps back, developed eczema & stomach problems. Left leg no longer works right due to dystonia, meaning both legs now damaged
-7 years off: Huge improvements, incl. improved dystonia

Glad you like it, SL. Hope it helps!! It comforts me.

Just stopping by to offer my well wishes.

(((Wiggle))) Thank you sweet lady.  I read you thread but have just been too out of it to post.  Am praying.

Luv, I haven't seen any posts from you that say how you are doing, or did I miss it? 

Hanging in there, SL. Akathisia was at a more moderate level yesterday (Friday), so I got a bit of a break. Awake since 2:00 a.m., though--trying to stay in bed--and it feels like it is ramping up again :(

Warning:  Intense Post   Please don't read if you are in an impressionable place

I am losing all feeling .  I have lost myself and now all feeling.   I was reading other people's experiences with this and I am so deep into all loss of anything normal.  My husband feels that God has assured him that this will lift in time.  I had at one time felt that same assurance.  But this morning I can see that I am slowly slipping completely out of sanity and reality and I don't know how to make it stop.  I think that the infection increased the brain chaos and I see no way that this will recover.  If God intervenes, that will be be my healing.  And only that. 

Like I'm not gonna read this when it's coming from YOU! Thanks for the warning, though! I've never experienced this, but have seen others post about it. Is this what they call anhedonia? Try to relax, and accept that this is part of the process (easy for me to say), and trust that what your husband is saying is right. Try to let go and let God--He's got this!! Continuing to keep you in my prayers!! We're all right here with you!

Love you Luv.  I do feel that emotion so I guess what I have is extreme depersonalization --  I can't feel anything that is anywhere near ME but feel as though someone else has come in and now lives in my brain.  I am so grateful to know that God lives in me so that no other being could or I would surely think that I have been taken over by something demonic.  I do know that I am in God and He in me and that is all I know right now.  But I am so grateful to you for your encouragements. 

I just have to get through today and I will try to do that.  But I just keep writing that I have "never been this bad" and it is always true and it is true again today.  I have never been this bad.

Yes, I often feel the same, that "this is the worst I have ever been"... and it seems to repeat over and over. We have to hold on to God, and take one day at a time, one minute at a time, and if necessary even one second at a time. As you said in your post above, you have not been "taken over by something demonic". Satan does not have power over God, but unfortunately, he does have some degree of power. If something keeps nagging at me that God has already told me He will take care of, I will usually remind Satan that I am a child of God and that he has no power over me. I often catch myself saying, "Get thee behind me, Satan!!" Oftentimes I feel the torment lift when I do this. We will get through this... with God's help! I certainly could not do it on my own!

As you said, I'm sure your infection is not helping things :( Prayers!!

Praying. I'm so sorry Selma. I have no words. I will continue to pray for peace.

I keep trying to figure out what part God plays in this. Is it just part of a fallen world? Is it a process I needed to go through to learn? I don't think this was His plan A for me, but I just get so confused!

Plan A was for Adam and Eve not to eat the apples. An apple a day when you've specifically been told by God not to eat it won't keep the Dr away, in fact it's the reason they exist.

Adam and Eve have a lot to answer for, especially Eve.

Yo Adam eat this apple it's delicious.

But God said...

Oh don't be such a square!

Peer pressure that's essentially what led us here.

...and of course Satan.

December 2008 Prescribed 20mg citalopram (celexa) for depression and OCD.July 2013 stopped taking citalopram (celexa). November 2013 reinstated citalopram (celexa) following replapse at 20mg for 4 weeks, 40mg for 4 weeks and tapered off over 4 weeks as my condition had deteriorated. February 2014 started 20mg of fluoxetine (prozac). Didn't tolerate it and stopped 4 weeks later, experienced no withdrawal. May 2014 started 25mg of sertraline (zoloft), increased to 50mg after 1 week. Remained at 50mg for 4 weeks before increasing to 100mg at the request of my psychiatrist despite advising of suicidal ideation for an additional week before stopping. Advised to drop to 50mg for 3 days before withdrawing altogether. I did as advised and horrendous withdrawal ensued. 11th August 2014 commenced escitalopram (lexapro), weaned off end of October 2014. Commenced Clonazepam December 2014 0.5mg twice daily, switched to Diazepam 10mg twice daily with a view to tapering of the benzodiazepine altogether. Tapering schedule presently at a reduction of 1mg of Diazepam every 1-2 weeks depending upon side effects. So far experienced no severe physical side effects except worsening of PGAD symptoms upon reduction which does seem to improve within a few days of doing so. Presently taking no antidepressants however still experiencing mild agitation, severe depression and PGAD which is currently being treated by a physiotherapist.

God gave us all freewill yes? Some use it others abuse it. Big Pharma abuse it and when we swallow their poisen we unbeknowingly use it.

December 2008 Prescribed 20mg citalopram (celexa) for depression and OCD.July 2013 stopped taking citalopram (celexa). November 2013 reinstated citalopram (celexa) following replapse at 20mg for 4 weeks, 40mg for 4 weeks and tapered off over 4 weeks as my condition had deteriorated. February 2014 started 20mg of fluoxetine (prozac). Didn't tolerate it and stopped 4 weeks later, experienced no withdrawal. May 2014 started 25mg of sertraline (zoloft), increased to 50mg after 1 week. Remained at 50mg for 4 weeks before increasing to 100mg at the request of my psychiatrist despite advising of suicidal ideation for an additional week before stopping. Advised to drop to 50mg for 3 days before withdrawing altogether. I did as advised and horrendous withdrawal ensued. 11th August 2014 commenced escitalopram (lexapro), weaned off end of October 2014. Commenced Clonazepam December 2014 0.5mg twice daily, switched to Diazepam 10mg twice daily with a view to tapering of the benzodiazepine altogether. Tapering schedule presently at a reduction of 1mg of Diazepam every 1-2 weeks depending upon side effects. So far experienced no severe physical side effects except worsening of PGAD symptoms upon reduction which does seem to improve within a few days of doing so. Presently taking no antidepressants however still experiencing mild agitation, severe depression and PGAD which is currently being treated by a physiotherapist.

...and the earth keeps rotating.

Please let us know how you are doing, SL.

((Hugs)) for prayers.   

I had a terrifying nightmare last night where I had gone completely insane and was running around in the dark yelling crazy things and felt completely taken over by the darkness.  When I woke up I was still in the dream and it took a couple of hours for my brain to register that I was awake.  Today is a day of continuing horror and I am just clutching onto God.  The unreality and the space deficit continue to worsen.  WHY?? 

Is there something wrong with my brain that will not allow it to calm?  I keep thinking that the Zoloft and the Afrin combined to change the way my brain works.  I am in terror of that.  But surely it would find a way to bring itself out of shock and dysregulation, wouldn't it?  Even those who have had horrific w/d's or experiences with psych drugs do eventually go on to recover most of their brain function.  Why would I be the only one whose brain cannot overcome the chemicals?  I have to believe that at some time the brain will reroute . 

On the plus side, which I so desperately need, the akathisia and PGAD as much less.  Still some upsurges that make me pace but then they settle back to almost nothing.  Why can by brain bring that back into line and not the space/DR/DP? 

I am living in a constant dream state---a nightmare--How can I get the brain to wake up?  I can't.  I wait like everyone else. 

Hugs and prayers to you Selma, just wishing you some relief and hope for improvement!

2005-2009, Lexapro 10 - 20 mg, CT WD w/severe depression and anxiety:  2010-2015, Paxil, 30 - 40 mg, tapered off at 10 mg/week, moderate anxiety and depression:  2010-2015, Clonozapam 0.25 mg, as needed for anxiety and sleep:  1/10/2015, Zoloft 25 mg, tried to increase to 50 and 75, but nausea and dizziness:  2/13/2015, Paxil 5 mg, added back after 2 weeks at zero to reduce WD:  2/28/2015, Paxil 10 mg, increased from 5 mg to reduce WD, HOLDING:  3/04/2015, Zoloft discontinued (reduced to ~12.5 mg on 2/19, ~6.25 mg on 2/26, then zero):  4/26/2015, Paxil starting 10% taper (no scale so was inadvertently at 20% taper, yikes!):  4/30/2015, Paxil 10 mg, reinstated (WD disappeared between August 2015 and May 2016)

5/02/2016, Started 10% taper, reinstated to 10 mg on 5/11/16:  4/29/2017, Last dose of Paxil (working with holistic psychiatrist, lots of supplements to aid WD):  Primary symptoms: apathy, demotivation, anhedonia, fatigue, stress intolerance, moderate social anxiety

7/1/2018 Finally feeling like myself again, success!!! Praise God! Even with the stress of relocating recently, I am feeling pretty good most of the time now. Granted, I eat healthy, I exercise, I don't drink caffeine or alcohol and I try hard find a healthy balance of quiet and social times. Hang in there and keep the faith, you can do it too!

http://www.macleans.ca/society/health/how-your-brain-heals-itself/

This is probably more for your husband, but it is a link someone else posted about how the brain can heal from pretty catastrophic changes with very focused attention. I continue to wonder (not at all know) if getting a good explanation from a neurologist or ophthalmologist about what is happening to your visual field might be key in knowing what to do about it. I am so sorry for your immense suffering and wish we could help in some tangible way.

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

I am guessing it will take longer for the space/DR/DP. I am so sorry you are going through this. Yes, I guess we all wait... and pray... which I am doing right now. ((Hugs))