Pugknows

Pugknows

It's good to have friends who understand, though.  Thank you . :)         Ali.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Pug

You have my prayers for your daughter and baby for a safe and healthy delivery.

Love with peace profound

Lee

Zoloft started for 8 years - 150 mg capsules

Started tapering December 3, 2011,

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

While tapering WDS were tolerable

Off Zoloft debilitating WDS the worst starting around 6 months off

even worse after 18 months off

Now 35 months off - still in a terrible wave for months now.

HI Pug.  I haven't been on much lately but I am glad to see you doing better.  Thinking about you.  HUgs!

2002-put on amitryptiline for fibromyalgia. 10mg.2004-stopped abruptly. Didn't think it helped.2006 approx.-put on Paxil for mild anxiety 20 mg.2007 upped to 40 mg. not sure why.2011- tapered from 40 to 10. went nuts and went back to 20mg2014- tapered from 20mg to 0 from April to The end of June.current meds- Metformin(type 2 diabetic) and low dose aspirin.Take multi vitamin and vit b12, vit. D and magnesium. 5 months off Paxil. Still suffering.recently added 1.2mg of Paxil to alleviate withdrawals.(Nov 30)Dropped to .9mg because having symptoms from reinstatement.(dec 23)<p>taper to .76mg-.8mg (Feb 3) approx. weight .010 to about .008-.009 on scale.
.6mg (march 19th.) .5mg(April 19th)
.4mg(April 27th)
.2 (June 27th)

0mg.  done taper at beginning of August.

Frustrated, I pray you are making headway in figuring out the source of some of your symptoms, if they are something other than withdrawal and can be "fixed" with diet or other non-drug therapies. I pray for you and your children and grandchildren. Mothering is a tough job. Mothering during withdrawal is just plain heroic.

Love, Pug

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

Thanks, Diva and Ali, for always checking up on me. It feels wonderful to be in the thoughts of others. You are very dear to me.

Love, pug

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

So glad you are continuing to see improvements, Pug. Still keeping you and your daughter in prayer.

XOXO

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

Both my daughter and I thank you, Luv.

You write beautiful words Pug. You are so strong and encouraging. I'm so glad you keep seeing improvements in yourself and are being so courageous with what is left to heal. 

Blessings and Hugs 

-Effexor 150 mgs (2001-2009). Severe withdrawal symptoms during and after tapering for 6 months.  

-Pristiq 50 mg (2009-2012) Tapered over a year. Worst year of my life. 

-Prozac 20 mg (2012) Tapered over 6 moths to ease withdrawal. Still had severe WD symptoms. 

- (2012-2014) Doctor tried more than 20 medications for depression and WD, leaving me hypersensitive, and in protracted withdrawal. 

- Most debilitating symptoms during protracted withdrawal have been deep depression, anxiety, brain zaps, fatigue, akathisia, twitching, headaches and terrible PMS. 

-January 2015: Started Lamictal 12.5 mg, increased to 25 mg.- Bad reaction when updosed to 50 mg. Stopped. 

-February 2015: Doctor tried new antidepressant Brintellix - Horrible reaction. Discontinued completely. Severe AKATHISIA started.

-March 2015:  Started TMS therapy (Transcranial magnetic stimulation) for severe depression. Didn't work. 

-July 23-August 12: Had 10 ECT sessions which took away my protracted withdrawal symptoms including: akathisia, brain zaps, muscle twitches, fatigue and depression. Stopped medications. 

-September 2015: Experiencing bouts of depression again and muscle twitching. 

-March 2016: Started 20 mg Nortryptiline for depression. It helped. 

-August 2016: Slowly tapering Nortryptiline. 

Thinking of you, and I hope you & your daughter are well.

Love,   Ali. :)

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

(((Pug))))) your doing good :)

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

Nightmare that could have been avoided!

• Moderator Emeritus

Pug hug.  How are you doing?

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Hi Pug, that is great that you are feeling already better. I stopped also all the medicaments. I felt better till yesterday, and now it started to be quite worse. I envy you so much that you stayed so firm and never reinstated and now you are feeling already better. I wish I did it also, but I had all the family against this idea at that time and I was afraid they might take me children away. So I reinstated and now make me reproaches, how much further I would now be. Im off the drug only for two months now. I dont know if I get through, but I will do everything for it. I cant imagine I would end again on drugs. I would rather die. Greet from me Opie.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

((((CDAV, ALIG, LL, MMT, MARTINA))))

Hugs to all of you and thank you for all your love and support.

I have been in a very bad wave for five days, panting in bed with heart palps, head whooshing, anxiety, panic, depression, gut tightness, insomnia, you name it. Just like acute. Today it seems to be lifting a bit. I'm hoping that this last wave was the tsunami that many people get before turning a corner to significant healing. Of course, I have no idea what the future holds, except for eventual 100% recovery. I will hold onto that hope until this is over.

I pray that all of you are feeling better. We are healing. Impatience has always been a major character flaw in me. This experience is teaching me things I need to work on to make myself whole and live a new life unencumbered by my weaknesses.

Do any of you feel like you've learned things about yourselves during this process that will make this hardship meaningful in some significant way in your new healed life?

I'd love to hear some feedback. I'm always trying to give meaning to things that happen.

Love, Pug

No, I cant find meaning in this. I think everybody is struggling to survive in this world and wants more money, satisfaction and thus we were sold the drugs and now it is going about if we survive or not. I dont see any deep meaning in that.

05/2013 Lyrica 100 mg / per day for pain + PGAD resulting from caesarian delivery11/2014 started to taper: 50 mg per day/ for one week then c/tafter one month reinstated at 50 mg /per days of 10 July 2015 drug free-

symptoms OCD

The only possible "meaning" I see--and this would apply solely to me--is that my daughter, suffering from Fluoroquinolone Toxicity, has seen my suffering and decided she would prefer to manage her symptoms in some way other than antidepressants.

Zoloft 100 mg. daily for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome since Oct. 1994 / Synthroid 88 mcg. daily / Supplements: Neptune Krill Oil-1,000 mg. twice daily/Astaxanthin 10 mg. twice daily/Ubiquinol 100 mg. twice daily (These 3 have allowed me to discontinue (approved by doctor) bp meds I was on. Calcium Citrate 500 mg. daily/Vitamin D3 2,400 iu daily/K2 (MK7) 100 mcg daily (osteopenia and fam. hist. of severe osteoporosis). Stress B Complex (1/2 dose)/Quercetin (for allergies/asthma)/Magnesium (400 mg. oral glycinate and about 50 mg. magnesium chloride spray oil a day, divided throughout day).

Tapered Zoloft about 6 wks. Totally off since the end of July (25-29, 2014). 3 wks. vertigo at end of taper, then 3-4 wks. OK, followed by withdrawal symptoms increasing in severity (nausea, gastric disturbances, loss of appetite, insomnia, restlessness, jitters, anxiety, agitation--jumping out of my skin--possible akathisia?) Seem to have paradoxical reactions to everything new, even Vitamin C. Severity of akathisia comes and goes, but is constant to some degree. Hard to leave house, and cannot be home alone. (Retired)

So sorry about your wave, Pug. Praying you turn that corner soon!!

XOXO

Martina, I understand your frustration with all this. I have never found any consolation in blaming the medical and pharmaceutical communities for my current condition, simply because it's a lot of anger and negative energy that is lost forever and can't be redirected to something positive for me. It's almost as if the medical community is winning twice, first in making the money they did in prescribing the medication and causing us so much pain, then again in reinforcing we are all wrong and need meds to be "normal." They are blinded by their greed and ignorance and fear that they will lose their homes and cars and comfortable lifestyles if they don't believe their own lies. The negativity is self-perpetuating and it just doesn't help me. Does it help you?

Pug,   I do see meaning & some sort of purpose, in this.  I've been in a bad wave , as well.

I believe spiritually, we are here for more than  just  getting by.  I think we are here , for " growth" & more growth !!   We are getting our " PH D"S , in that.  What subject shall we " major in" .   "  Patience". ??   or " Pain ". ??

No,it does not help me, but I cant help myself :-)

symptoms OCD

I highly recommend this book: Journey of Souls by Dr. Michael Newton

I finished it and am now reading his second book: Destiny of Souls

Interesting reads. May resonate with you, may not, but you will probably take a pearl or two away with you about life's purpose.

Martina, you can help yourself. It is the one thing you CAN do. Please don't give into despair and resignation. Try to learn acceptance of your current temporary situation, with the belief that the torment you are experiencing will be gone someday. You will be a happier person and mother to your beautiful children. This will all be over soon and you can look forward to waking up each day.

I agree, Pug.   When you're tired of the " battle", just " accept", " breathe" , & " move on".   Forget the " drama".  It will end, soon enough.

Ali, I love your posts. Seems like we are the old dogs who retire to the corner of the room and lick our wounds.

I don't know what I'll take from this: that I can survive when I really think I can't, I'm strong, I'm always right ;) (I'm only joking, this is the second time that I've had to diagnose myself after many years of mysterious illness and eventually get it confirmed).

Appreciate life, every little bit as it's possible to be in a state of 'no-life'every second for a long time. That actually I was ok and just the same as everyone else..I did not have something inherently wrong with me.

2000 - sertraline for job anxiety low confidence (17 years old) ..which turned the next 16 years into nightmare!

On/off sertraline severe withdrawals every time. 2014 - felt better as reduced dose of sertraline no more inner restlessness. Doctor rushed off again. Hit severe withdrawal. Lost the little I had in life. Couldn't get stable again on 12.5mg. Was switched to prozac. Had severe reaction to prozac..came off in November 2015 at 6mg as felt more confused and damaged on it..Even more withdrawal ..rage, depression, dyphoria, near constant suicidal ideation, self harm impulses, doom, concrete block in head, unable to do much of anything with this feeling in head..went back on 6mg of sertraline to see if would alleviate anything. It didn't..reduced from December to June 2016 came off at 2.5mg sertraline as was hospitalised for the severe rage, suicidal impulses, and put on 50mg lofepramine which in 2nd week reduced all symptoms but gave insomnia which still have..psych stopped lofepramine cold turkey..no increased withdrawal symptoms new symptoms from lofepramine except persistant insomnia which has as side effect.

Taking Ativan for 8 months for the severe rage self harm impulses 1-3 times a week (mostly 2 times a week) at .5mg. Two months (I'm unsure exactly when the interdose started to happen) ago interdose withdrawal seemed to happen..2 days I think after the Ativan.

LoL. :):unsure:   Just so tired of it all !!  No energy to deal , with any of it !!   It's 6 am here. I've been up all night - not one second/ minute of sleep !!  So over , all of this .

Yes I get very angry, did get very angry at what has happened but that does not help me, not at all..

The L-arginine isn't helping with the sleep then?

((((LL))))

You've learned a lot about yourself enduring this hardship. You are so much stronger than you ever knew. I hear a lot of self-confidence in you that you may be unable to see in yourself, but it's there.

Thank you ((pug)))

LOL.  :)   Apparently not !!     However I do go in  waves, & on a " good night" , it has helped a bit.  Does that make sense?   Some nights, I get a bit of sleep.  A few hours.  The  L- Arginine, could be a keeper. We'll see.

Dearest Pug

I am sorry for your latest wave. I hope it has subsided now. You want meaning -

The pessimist resembles a man who observes with fear and sadness that his wall calendar, from which he daily tears a sheet, grows thinner with each passing day. On the other hand, the person who attacks the problems of life actively is like a man who removes each successive leaf from his calendar and files it neatly and carefully away with its predecessors, after first having jotted down a few diary notes on the back. He can reflect with pride and joy on all the richness set down in these notes, on all the life he has already lived to the fullest. What will it matter to him if he notices that he is growing old? Has he any reason to envy the young people whom he sees, or wax nostalgic over his own lost youth? What reasons has he to envy a young person? For the possibilities that a young person has, the future which is in store for him?

No, thank you,' he will think. 'Instead of possibilities, I have realities in my past, not only the reality of work done and of love loved, but of sufferings bravely suffered. These sufferings are even the things of which I am most proud, although these are things which cannot inspire envy.'

Viktor Frankl

Zoloft started for 8 years - 150 mg capsules

Started tapering December 3, 2011,

Off Zoloft May 17, 2013

While tapering WDS were tolerable

Off Zoloft debilitating WDS the worst starting around 6 months off

even worse after 18 months off

Now 35 months off - still in a terrible wave for months now.

Is that your dog in the pic, pug?

Thank you, Lee. Lovely message.

LL, no the avatar is not my little Opie man. My Opie is much cuter! He spoons with me at night. Plows against my back and I fall asleep in his warmth and smelly breath.

((((Luv))))

The gift you have given your daughter, by way of your suffering, is immense. Your life has so much purpose, especially if it saves her from unnecessary pain associated with medication that, without your suffering, could have been a road she might have traveled.

When we let ourselves think about the good that is emerging from all this, we can at least feel this pain and suffering we're all going through hasn't been a waste. Easier said than done some days.

I grew up a block from the Pacific Ocean. I'll never look at a "wave" breaking on the shoreline the same way again after all this!

• Mentor

Hi Pugknows, so glad you are going better, you have always been  an inspiration to me with your posts, you find humour even in despair.

Anyway I judge my WD from about September last year.     By jan I was trying all sorts of reinstatments, and potions, one after the other, none worked, but I dont believe the trials set me back either.

Just glad I saw commonsense, that damn nothing will work, except time and support............    just been through a wave, but my window now is nice.............    I say I have hit 50%   better than I have been for 12 months.

1992 Dothiepin 375mg 8 weeks, exhaustion/depression.  Serotonin syndrome, oh yes!  seizures . Fell pregnant, 3rd baby, Nitrous Oxide, 3 weeks mental hospital pp psychosis. zoloft tegretol.

Feb 1996 ct tegretol, tapered Zoloft 8 weeks. as (unexpectedly)  pregnant. Steven died after 3 days.(Zolft HLHS baby).  98 had run in with Paxil, 2 tablets, 3 weeks taper, survived.
2005..menopause? exhausted again. Zyprexa, mad in three days, fallout....  Seroquel, Effexor, tegretol,   and 8 years of self destruction. Failed taper.
Damn 1/4 valium... nuts again! .fallout, zoloft 100mg  seroquol 400mg mirtazapine 45 mg  tegretol 400mg.  Mid 14 3 month taper. Nov 14 CRASH.
Mid 15 ....   75mg  seroquel,  3 x 1800mg SJW  2 week window end of December followed by 6 week wave
5/2 68mg seroquel, 2.5 x 1800mg SJW::::20/2 61mg seroquel, 2.5 x  SJW::: 26/2 54mg seroquel, 2 x SJW::::21/3 43mg seroquel, 1 x 2700SJW :::: 23/4 36mg seroquel 1 x 1800 SJW
15/5 33mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::   28/5 30mg seroquel, 1 x SJW::::;  18/6 25mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::::, 11/7 21mg seroquel 1/2 SJW::, 26/7 18mg seroquel 1/2 SJW:::, 9/8 12mg seroquel :::, 16/8 6mg seroquel ;;;;, 12/9 0 jump.

23/9  3mg.....,  27/9 0mg.  Reinstated, 6mg, then 12mg.............  LIGHTBULB MOMENT,  I have  MTHFR 2x mutations.  CFS and issues with MOULD in my home. So I left home, and working 150km away during week, loving it.

Oh was hard, panic attacks first week, gone now, along with the mould issues.

Are you struggling with nausea?

I'm on 1800 mg of gabapentin 3x600, .325 Klonopin(.25 in am, .125 afternoon), in the evening I take cymbalta 30mg down from 60mg, remeron 30mg and lamictal 100 mg. Nausea and anxiety are my worst symptoms. C