Nomoreheadmeds my intro

Nomoreheadmeds

NMHM,    How are you ?  My fellow  " insomniac"  ??    I hope you're doing well .  :)   Ali.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nomoreheadmeds

• AliG

• melanie

• Flowers

Top Posters In This Topic

still the same Ali but my appetite has gone up a bit this week.how are you ?

Sertraline 100mg amytrip 60mg diazepam 4mg (and when needed) since late 90's.Reduced all meds over 6 wks (too short) last doses 13 wks ago.Still having withdrawals.I would have done it differently

5th august 2015 reinstated 5mg amytripiline.increased to 10mg amtrip 9th sept 2015.

How am I ??   I'm ok, I guess.   I managed a few hours sleep.  " major miracle"!!!

Just trying to get by.  Day by day.  " When you're going through hell,  just keep walking ".

Ali.

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

yes thats all we can do .Thanks for the encouragement.

Sertraline 100mg amytrip 60mg diazepam 4mg (and when needed) since late 90's.Reduced all meds over 6 wks (too short) last doses 13 wks ago.Still having withdrawals.I would have done it differently

5th august 2015 reinstated 5mg amytripiline.increased to 10mg amtrip 9th sept 2015.

You sound down . Are you ok ??

No just tired and wired.

I get that !!   It's my usual state.  LOL.    :unsure::blush::)    Do you like my " new Sig"??   It's shorter & less " blurb".

I dont remember what your old sig looked like  :(

Fair enough.   Just making conversation !! LOL.    :unsure::)  

Is this the insomniac thread? May I join?

NMHM, I'm sorry you are suffering like this. I'm glad you're starting to get your appetite back. I have to force myself to eat.

You asked me on my thread if I get nausea. I suffered from severe nausea for a year when the Gabapentin and opiates turned on me. Didn't know the meds were causing it. Lost 40 lbs in six months. Had my gallbladder removed. Still was nauseous. After three months in acute withdrawal, the nausea went away. Go figure. Wasn't my gallbladder.

Many drugs cause nausea. You won't know if drugs are the problem until you're off them completely. Nausea is horrible. I feel for you, but I'm glad you can eat now.

Hang in there, sweetheart.

Love, Pug

January 2012 - Prescribed 900mg gabapentin and 30mg Norco for lower lumber spinal stenosis pain.

September 2013 - Spinal fusion surgery, 6 levels. Hospital ramped up meds 1500mg gabapentin, 100mg Norco, 80mg Oxycontin, 25mg Fentanyl patch.

January 2014 - Sever nausea daily and with back pain every 4 hours. 2 trips to ER. First endoscopy found ulcer. Treated with Sucralfate and PPI. Second endo in May found no ulcers. Doctors said it was the opiates causing the nausea. CT'd Oxycontin, Fentanyl patch.

July 2014 - Lost 48 lbs. due to not eating because of severe nausea. GP prescribed Prozac 20mg and Ativan 2mg prn. Tried for 4 days, quit. Two week followup GP said keep taking Prozac. 4 days, quit again. Ativan taken rarely prn for anxiety and appetite.

August 2014 - Went to detox. Off opiates. Still nauseous, helmet head, drugged feeling. Doctor CT'd gabapentin. Ended up in ER. Found 2 gallstones. Gabapentin reinstated at 900mg. Tried botched up and down taper to get off Gabapentin. No tapering advice from doctor. Said to just CT again.

September 2014 - Coded on table during gallbladder surgery. Developed liver biloma due to CPR by doctor. Had bile bulb inserted for 2 wks to drain.

October 2014 - Gallbladder removed. Still nauseous, 3am cortisol surging, drugged helmet head, vertigo, breathlessness, whooshing head, heart palps.

November 8th, 2014 - CT'd gabapentin suggested by family and 4 different doctors. Was told no withdrawal is associated with gabapentin. Have been in hell ever since. No windows, just one big tsunami every day with same symptoms for 4 months.

December 26, 2014 - Found SA. At least I know I'm not insane. My family thinks I'm doing this to myself. Akathesia has become unbearable.

March 10, 2015 - In absolute daily hell with no relief. Currently taking magnesium 200mg before bedtime.

thanks pug

i appreciate your support I hope things ease up for you soon

How are you,  NMHM.  ?    I hope you're  hanging in there ?  :):unsure:    Sending positive thoughts your way.   How's the sleep?  ( or lack of) ??

Hi thankyou AliG .I'm getting about 3 hrs of light sleep 

Hang in there, NMHM.   I totally get it.  It's brutal.   Do you have other symptoms, or is this the main one ?   How's the rest of it going?   What are you doing / trialing   if anything ?  ( supplements).   How is the reinstatement going ?   How are you handling the lack of sleep ?  

Anxiety upon wakening which goes on until about 3 pm , sense of dread , burning hips , agoraphobia most of the time, concentration is very poor.If i could get a few more hours sleep i'm sure all these would improve.No i'm not trialing any supplements .I've not got on with fish oil or multivits.I havent noticed  any lasting improvement on updosing .

So , you,ve been in withdrawal  for 13 weeks ?  Was the Elavil ( amytripiline) for anxiety or depression?   Since late 90's.  how many years, is that?

It sounds like you have been on the drugs, a long time.  Maybe  15 - 20 years ?

If so, it's going to take a little while , for you to grow  a " new brain".  I'm no good with links , but I think , in the " best of S.A.", Rhiannon, explains this.

The diazepam was for muscle spasms and elavil for pain .I have  back pain from old injury.New brain yay  :)

So , you,ve been in withdrawal  for 13 weeks ?  Was the Elavil ( amytripiline) for anxiety or depression?   Since late 90's.  how many years, is that?

It sounds like you have been on the drugs, a long time.  Maybe  15 - 20 years ?

If so, it's going to take a little while , for you to grow  a " new brain".  I'm no good with links , but I think , in the " best of S.A.", Rhiannon, explains this.

No It was 13 wks in withdrawal prior to the date i joined here .so thats 13 + 8 or 9 wks about 20 weeks

Hello no more,

How are you doing?

Tgirl

April 2014 remeron 45mg.

June 2014 abilify 2.5 remeron wasn't working so abilify was then added

September 2014 woke up with anxiety x 100!!!!

Pdoc then took me from 45 to 7.5 within a month and took abilify from 2.5 to 0

Currently

Remeron 7.5

Vitamin d 5,000 iu taking for about 3 years

October 2014 added fish oil/omega 3 1000 mg per day

Levothyroxitine 100 10 years or so

Dec 2014 started tapering 10% every 10 days-no problems.

August 2015 down to 0.1 mg

Woke up with severe anxiety-sleep issues-racing thoughts-depression. 9/9/15 up dose 1 mg.

Still the same really 'tgirl' are you ok ?

Just stopping by to say hello...

How is your sleep Nomoreheadmeds? Any better?

My insomnia hasn't left, unfortunately. Anxiety and agoraphobia also plague me. You're not alone.

Keep healing...

Hugs, Mel

1990-1992 Anafranil. OCD under control, extreme social phobia. Hospitalized for the 1st and 2nd time (out of 3). 1999-2002: Prozac 20 mg. Stopped due to severe anxiety. Increased benzo consumption. 2003-2005: AD free (therapy). Feeling good, started working. Persisted 9 yrs in full-time job. 2005-2007: Ixel (milnacipran). SNRI. 2007-2011: Lexapro 10-15 mg. Fatigue and anxiety. Mania. Insomnia. Acne. Shopoholism. Polydrugging with different meds. 2011-2013: Effexor 37,5-150 mg (mostly 75 mg). SNRI. Fatigue and depression, terrible acne with scars, now gone. April 2013: Wellbutrin 150 mg. Hot flashes, extreme appetite, aggression. May 2013 - May 2014: Prozac - from 10 mg to 0 mg, very harsh taper. Functioning great but EXTREME ANXIETY. From May 2014: tried different ADs to replace Prozac, nothing worked, terrible side effects (Seroxat, Zoloft, Luvox, Brintellix, Doxepin, Trazodone). May 2014 back to benzos (Valium) in hope of improvement, aggravated depression and anxiety. Sept. 2014: Lexapro 2,5 mg, highest dose 5 mg for 1,5 months (Spring 2015). Steady decline, anxiety, fatigue. Diagnosed with OCD, dysthymia, social phobia, anxiety disorder, insomnia, eating disorder (first bulimia, then anorexia). Current meds: Seroquel 6,25 mg for sleep - 5 mg since Nov. 5, 2015. Lexapro 1,25 mg since Aug. 4th 2015. Valium, Ambien prn, tapering. http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9984-melanie-should-i-reinstate-lexapro/

I'm still the same 'mel' thank you for asking .No change with you.It's only time will heal i suppose.

Best wishes to you

I'm still the same 'mel' thank you for asking .No change with you.It's only time will heal i suppose.

Best wishes to you

I'm struggling so much, I even haven't got enough energy/strength do describe it in my thread.

To do any update, I mean...

Great suffering, NMHM. Will hopefully talk to my pdoc on Tuesday, we'll see.

Still tapering though, we need patience.

Big hugs to you,

Mel

1990-1992 Anafranil. OCD under control, extreme social phobia. Hospitalized for the 1st and 2nd time (out of 3). 1999-2002: Prozac 20 mg. Stopped due to severe anxiety. Increased benzo consumption. 2003-2005: AD free (therapy). Feeling good, started working. Persisted 9 yrs in full-time job. 2005-2007: Ixel (milnacipran). SNRI. 2007-2011: Lexapro 10-15 mg. Fatigue and anxiety. Mania. Insomnia. Acne. Shopoholism. Polydrugging with different meds. 2011-2013: Effexor 37,5-150 mg (mostly 75 mg). SNRI. Fatigue and depression, terrible acne with scars, now gone. April 2013: Wellbutrin 150 mg. Hot flashes, extreme appetite, aggression. May 2013 - May 2014: Prozac - from 10 mg to 0 mg, very harsh taper. Functioning great but EXTREME ANXIETY. From May 2014: tried different ADs to replace Prozac, nothing worked, terrible side effects (Seroxat, Zoloft, Luvox, Brintellix, Doxepin, Trazodone). May 2014 back to benzos (Valium) in hope of improvement, aggravated depression and anxiety. Sept. 2014: Lexapro 2,5 mg, highest dose 5 mg for 1,5 months (Spring 2015). Steady decline, anxiety, fatigue. Diagnosed with OCD, dysthymia, social phobia, anxiety disorder, insomnia, eating disorder (first bulimia, then anorexia). Current meds: Seroquel 6,25 mg for sleep - 5 mg since Nov. 5, 2015. Lexapro 1,25 mg since Aug. 4th 2015. Valium, Ambien prn, tapering. http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/9984-melanie-should-i-reinstate-lexapro/

Hi N.M.H.M.

How are you  ? Did you look up that link ?  ( Rhi ? )

I hope you're doing  really well & have a lessening of symptoms.    How's the " sleep". ?  How's that " new brain" going ?  LOL.    :)      Ali.

Hi Alig yes read the link .Sleep still the same no lessoning of other symptoms either.When i do everyone will know about it  :) .You still having window ?

N.M.H.M.

Windows / Waves !!   I can't keep up !    Some one here , said they've stopped " labeling ".     I'm trying to do the same . No " labels".  It's like " age " , once you " label" it , you're " stuck" there ! ( in that time & place, & age  !! ).    No thanks !  No boundaries !

I'm finding , that it's more of a curve, at the moment.  Still up & down, but more free & less " linear ".   Not "jagged" &  "rigid"  thoughts that put you in a box., for which there is no escape. 

I feel like I do better, thinking this way.  Often , it's just a matter of "reframing  " your thoughts , in a new way !   That's the key, in all of this , in my opinion.  To be " open" to thinking , in a new way !

Just some thoughts.  Hang in there.

Ali.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey NMMH - 

Sounds like you are well on the way.  There was something  I noticed when reading your thread.  

You wrote:

I started taking vit d3 , calcium,magnesium,zinc,manganese,copper,selenium and boron

Combinations are tricky.

Not only can you not isolate which substance you may be reacting to, but most combinations are criminally wrong.

One of my pet peeves is this:  Calcium and magnesium cancel each other out.  Certainly, both are required for bone strength, but taking them together weakens both of them.(I take Calcium in the morning, magnesium in the afternoon and evening)

Additionally, the amounts of each substance in a combination are usually so low as to be ineffective.

Furthermore, I will give you odds on, that the magnesium in that supplement is magnesium oxide - so difficult to uptake that you would have better efficacy if you chewed rocks.

And - the manganese - while again, it is a co-factor for magnesium, can cause healing reactions.  I have been cautioned by my ortho-doc to use it only sparingly - such as 7 days on, 28 days off.

And - one more - nearly everyone in the world with chronic fatigue has TOO MUCH copper.  Taking copper is dangerous, and can make your moods more volatile.  More often, zinc (which helps balance your copper) is needed.  Not copper.

So I reckon your little mineral supplement is either useless, or worse.

I would stop taking the combination, and take only magnesium, in a form which your body can use.  See:

Magnesium

Vitamin D has astounding effects, especially if you are living in the higher latitudes.  Up to 5000 iu a day in winter (again, I'll bet your supplement has only 400 iu or less) can be useful, and up to 10,000iu can be safe for most people.  But start slow, as it can be activating for those with withdrawal and anxiety.

See:  http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/39-vitamin-d3-cholecalciferol-or-calcitriol/

And the only other supplement that seems to be best for mending neurons and healing brains is

Omega-3 fish oil

Hope this helps, and I hope you see the sun today!

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

Thanks for that 'Jancarol' .I stopped taking any supplements a while back .I only took A quarter or half dose of the mineral combo.Fish oil didn't do anything but cause more anxiety.For me I dont think taking any supplement  is going to help.I would have been happy with the placebo effect from either of them really :).

The last five days have been the worst for me by far.Anxiety , crying constantly.I feel a bit better this morning.I hope that this was a peak of some kind.

Thanks for that 'Jancarol' .I stopped taking any supplements a while back .I only took A quarter or half dose of the mineral combo.Fish oil didn't do anything but cause more anxiety.For me I dont think taking any supplement  is going to help.I would have been happy with the placebo effect from either of them really :).

The last five days have been the worst for me by far.Anxiety , crying constantly.I feel a bit better this morning.I hope that this was a peak of some kind.

Hi NoMoreHeadMeds,

I'm so sorry you're going through a wave... Maybe it will get better now. It must be the combo of SSRI and benzo post-withdrawal syndrome. It's also the automn and darkness coming so quickly in our northern countries. We must get through this somehow...

Maybe you could try light therapy? It's effective.

Sending you a link to this book, you may find it on amazon.co.uk as well:

http://www.amazon.com/Being-Happy-Andrew-Matthews/dp/0843128682

"Being happy. A handbook to greater confidence and security" by Andrew Matthews. Read it about 10 times, helped a lot. It's a simple book with drawings, won't be tiresome. Maybe give it a go...

You're in my thoughts. Benzo and SSRI warrior. Don't give up, count up your days of being benzo free. And SSRI free. Note the number of those precious days. Somewhere.

(((Hugs))) Mel

Thankyou 'melanie' I'll check out those links