☼ pinkfairy: rapid taper of Paxil

pinkfairy

• Mentor
8 hours ago, pinkfairy said:

I just look at one tree then the next. If I stand and look at the entire mountain I used to freeze. Now I just keep climbing and putting goals in front of me. Obviously not to much pressure though.

That is so awesome to hear that the light is near. Never truer words spoken about every day been a one more day of healing.

i see you are off HUGH congratulations 🥳 my friend,Paxil I see. I remember the day I was pulled of 40mg it was what lead to this journey. But it’s been a journey of huge discovery’s along the way. I had to travel through madness to find my self.

Again,so happy for you. Those wings will be spreading very very soon. I wish you nothing but everything that life as to offer you love,inner peace and a newfound freedom. You will be unstoppable.

keep going

Absolutely! This is how I approach working out which I used to look at the whole mountain and be like I cannot do 300 push ups or situps in a workout. I break it into manageable sets of 30, "one tree at a time"! 

YES! It may seem like healing is not taking place. But the hell our body is going through is our body fighting back to being normal again. The human body is an amazing machine and is capable of extraordinary things with proper nutrition and mindset. 

Thanks :) I went through one of the worst ways to get off the med. Cold turkey and fast tapers, but I got through. I do not recommend this for anyone. Ya, that is so unfortunate but you have a great attitude and are stronger from the struggle!

Yes they will be! Open up and soar!!!!  I wish all the best to you as well :D 

You as well ! 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

On 6/6/2020 at 6:28 PM, Cocopuffz17 said:

Absolutely! This is how I approach working out which I used to look at the whole mountain and be like I cannot do 300 push ups or situps in a workout. I break it into manageable sets of 30, "one tree at a time"! 

YES! It may seem like healing is not taking place. But the hell our body is going through is our body fighting back to being normal again. The human body is an amazing machine and is capable of extraordinary things with proper nutrition and mindset. 

Thanks :) I went through one of the worst ways to get off the med. Cold turkey and fast tapers, but I got through. I do not recommend this for anyone. Ya, that is so unfortunate but you have a great attitude and are stronger from the struggle!

Yes they will be! Open up and soar!!!!  I wish all the best to you as well :D 

You as well ! 

Wow 🤩 300 push ups way to go. I can’t do 3 without face planting the floor haha!!

The tree 🌲 not the mountain 😁!

I really like rebounding, all you need to do is 11 minutes. How the lady talks through it I have no clue,I can get to 11 minutes now. I had to build it up. 

💯 Agree. I try to eat clean most of the time, but I will have the odd treat now again. Mindset has been a biggy for me in this. I had to literally retrain my brain day/night. It was like a muscle. Dearest friend journal and a gratitude journal flipped a switch after repetition of doing it constantly. The spirals still try to pull me in but I just say no thank you not today then get busy.The body and mind are just amazing utterly amazing. I never would of believed how much they can sustain and still keep going. 

I am sorry you went through that. No I never ever would recommend CTS or fast tapering to anybody like ever.Slow and steady wins the race.These drugs are extremely powerful BUT we are more powerful when we go inside and do the work.

wings of steel after this ordeal 😁

and it over until the fat lady sings..

you will hear me singing 🎤 from over seas one day lol.

thank you very much and congratulations again 👏🏻😃

First AD when i was 19.Binge drinker/drugs 15 years weekend use.I was always pulled on and off.2005-2007-Mirtapine 45mg CT. 2010-2016 Paxil 40mg + Zopiclone.Jan-2016 i was CT off Paxil.Stopped alcohol Jan 2016.Given 2-4mg of Diazepam April 2016 CT them after 3 month.They reinstated 8mg of Diazepam July 2016 and the Doctor CT me off Zopiclone the same day.They then tried adding all different drugs Mirt one of them at 15mg (i took 7.5mg).I was tapered August 2016 7.5mg.Sep 2016 7mg.Oct 2016 6mg.Tried 1mg of Paxil-stopped after 2 days.Nov 2016 5.5mg.Tried olanzapine @2.5mg (stopped after a week)Dec 2016-5mg.Tried switching to liquid Jan-March 2017 (no good)back to pills.April 2017-4.75mg of Diazepam June 2017 -4.5mg.July 2018 went inpatient for 10 days.Awakening 4 days later.HELD.Sep 2017 4.3mg Dec 2017-4mg (Held)April 2019- started tapering the Mirtazapine.Sep 2019 at 6mg of Mirtazapine (HELD)Stopped smoking CT after 26 years.10.16.19..Restarted the Diazepam taper Jan 2020 micro tapering (game changer) now 18/7/23 @0.052mg Diazepam + Mirtazapine @6mg.

3 hours ago, pinkfairy said:

Wow 🤩 300 push ups way to go. I can’t do 3 without face planting the floor haha!!

I really like rebounding, all you need to do is 11 minutes. How the lady talks through it I have no clue,I can get to 11 minutes now. I had to build it up. 

💯 Agree. I try to eat clean most of the time, but I will have the odd treat now again. Mindset has been a biggy for me in this. I had to literally retrain my brain day/night. It was like a muscle. Dearest friend journal and a gratitude journal flipped a switch after repetition of doing it constantly. The spirals still try to pull me in but I just say no thank you not today then get busy.The body and mind are just amazing utterly amazing. I never would of believed how much they can sustain and still keep going. 

I am sorry you went through that. No I never ever would recommend CTS or fast tapering to anybody like ever.Slow and steady wins the race.These drugs are extremely powerful BUT we are more powerful when we go inside and do the work.

I’m so glad to see you’re doing better.

It’s wonderful your son is back and things are just going up 😊

I’m very happy for you.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

• Mentor
7 hours ago, pinkfairy said:

Do 3 and then 4 the next and so on! Soon you will do many! 

Exactly I don't know what rebounding is. What is it?

Positive attitude goes a long way!!! The body and mind can take alot more than we think. You can push and push and push and it will keep putting out!

Thanks, It was hard. But it was building blocks to finally get off the medication. If I didn't learn for myself I would of just listened to my doctor for life and been an emotionless zombie!  Absolutely slow and steady wins this race.

I cannot wait to hear you sing!!! :) It better be some backstreet boys hahaha

:) thanks have a great week! 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

On 6/9/2020 at 2:28 AM, Cocopuffz17 said:

Do 3 and then 4 the next and so on! Soon you will do many! 

Exactly I don't know what rebounding is. What is it?

Positive attitude goes a long way!!! The body and mind can take alot more than we think. You can push and push and push and it will keep putting out!

Thanks, It was hard. But it was building blocks to finally get off the medication. If I didn't learn for myself I would of just listened to my doctor for life and been an emotionless zombie!  Absolutely slow and steady wins this race.

I cannot wait to hear you sing!!! :) It better be some backstreet boys hahaha

:) thanks have a great week! 

I am sweating just thinking of all those sit ups lol.

rebounding is exercise on a mini trampoline. I have fallen in love with it.

I do 11 minutes but I had to build up on to that.

If I push to much my body tells me ie insomnia and pain. So then I slooooow the pace right down in taper or life has well.

I agree the mind is a powerful tool when used wisely.Felt wobbly for a bit . So I rested for awhile,but then got busy after that. The more I focus on how I feel the worse I feel. I have to get moving. 
I have even built me and my son 2 desks from flat pack 🥳so the brain does really heal. I could not even put a meal together at one point it was that bad. So that’s kept me busy building.

or god if I had trusted the “professionals” I would of been on 6 drugs now. Probably more. Yea a zombie springs to mind. It doesn’t even bare thinking of where had of been today I had not found SA.

Yes this journey is about building a brand new us from scratch. The way we want to be put back together again.

Back street boys haha,this has made 😂😂😂

nooooooooo just absolutely no back street boys on the top of that mountain 😂!

Emila Sandi~free

hope you have a good weekend 

First AD when i was 19.Binge drinker/drugs 15 years weekend use.I was always pulled on and off.2005-2007-Mirtapine 45mg CT. 2010-2016 Paxil 40mg + Zopiclone.Jan-2016 i was CT off Paxil.Stopped alcohol Jan 2016.Given 2-4mg of Diazepam April 2016 CT them after 3 month.They reinstated 8mg of Diazepam July 2016 and the Doctor CT me off Zopiclone the same day.They then tried adding all different drugs Mirt one of them at 15mg (i took 7.5mg).I was tapered August 2016 7.5mg.Sep 2016 7mg.Oct 2016 6mg.Tried 1mg of Paxil-stopped after 2 days.Nov 2016 5.5mg.Tried olanzapine @2.5mg (stopped after a week)Dec 2016-5mg.Tried switching to liquid Jan-March 2017 (no good)back to pills.April 2017-4.75mg of Diazepam June 2017 -4.5mg.July 2018 went inpatient for 10 days.Awakening 4 days later.HELD.Sep 2017 4.3mg Dec 2017-4mg (Held)April 2019- started tapering the Mirtazapine.Sep 2019 at 6mg of Mirtazapine (HELD)Stopped smoking CT after 26 years.10.16.19..Restarted the Diazepam taper Jan 2020 micro tapering (game changer) now 18/7/23 @0.052mg Diazepam + Mirtazapine @6mg.

On 6/8/2020 at 11:02 PM, Frogie said:

I’m so glad to see you’re doing better.

It’s wonderful your son is back and things are just going up 😊

I’m very happy for you.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hello Frogie, thanks for stopping by.

Thank you for your kind words and support.

Its all I dreamed of,I didn’t think it would ever happen. But his back where he belongs and I couldn’t of done it without my aunt having him. I honestly dread to think what would of happened if she couldn’t.Truly grateful that she made sure he was looked after.

But to be home with me is nothing short of a miracle I thank the universe every day.

I said some not nice things while in WD, The drugs really makes your perception off. I wish I could take some things back because it was a lot of the drug talking on my posts.WD takes us to places where we should never have to go,have done and said things what we’re insane looking back. It’s why I can’t look back. God gave us two eyes at the front of our heads for a reason.

sorry frogie I am rambling 😂!

You take good care my friend and keep going you are doing so awesome, proud of you 

xxx❤️

• Mentor
On 6/12/2020 at 9:53 AM, pinkfairy said:

I am sweating just thinking of all those sit ups lol.

rebounding is exercise on a mini trampoline. I have fallen in love with it.

I do 11 minutes but I had to build up on to that.

If I push to much my body tells me ie insomnia and pain. So then I slooooow the pace right down in taper or life has well.

I agree the mind is a powerful tool when used wisely.Felt wobbly for a bit . So I rested for awhile,but then got busy after that. The more I focus on how I feel the worse I feel. I have to get moving. 
I have even built me and my son 2 desks from flat pack 🥳so the brain does really heal. I could not even put a meal together at one point it was that bad. So that’s kept me busy building.

or god if I had trusted the “professionals” I would of been on 6 drugs now. Probably more. Yea a zombie springs to mind. It doesn’t even bare thinking of where had of been today I had not found SA.

Yes this journey is about building a brand new us from scratch. The way we want to be put back together again.

Back street boys haha,this has made 😂😂😂

nooooooooo just absolutely no back street boys on the top of that mountain 😂!

Emila Sandi~free

hope you have a good weekend 

That is awesome! Start small and make increments and you are amazed where you get ! That's awesome to see!

Yes, I have those days to where  I just need to take some rest and recovery time. That is great to be able to do that. I know that feeling all to well when I was unable to do basic human tasks. It does heal the body is an amazing machine! 

Yes, I made a choice in my life early on after being medicated that I would only ever be on one drug. I trusted the doctors but refused to have a pile of drugs. It made me think of ways to get off my meds and find different ways of dealing with it and healing. 

LOL, we clearly have different pump up songs :P 

Everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed :) 

My weekend was great you have a great week :) 

• 1 month later...
On 6/15/2020 at 2:49 AM, Cocopuffz17 said:

That is awesome! Start small and make increments and you are amazed where you get ! That's awesome to see!

Yes, I have those days to where  I just need to take some rest and recovery time. That is great to be able to do that. I know that feeling all to well when I was unable to do basic human tasks. It does heal the body is an amazing machine! 

Yes, I made a choice in my life early on after being medicated that I would only ever be on one drug. I trusted the doctors but refused to have a pile of drugs. It made me think of ways to get off my meds and find different ways of dealing with it and healing. 

LOL, we clearly have different pump up songs :P 

Everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed :) 

My weekend was great you have a great week :) 

Hey I think our pump up songs are totally poles apart 😆! I love beats to my music if I am out walking with my dog.

well done for sticking by it as well. If I hadn’t of found this site I would of been immensely poly drugged. I feel blessed that we know what’s happening and why.

Hope you’re doing okay 🙏

Just an update...

I am now in to my 9 month of been

nicotine free.

I have reached as of today 3.15 mg of diazepam,still sleeping 7-8 hours a night.

Out walking most days and parenting full time which is just surreal.

I am looking for some help with the mirtzapine please? I have a stash of 10 month of my brand my doctor thinks I take 15mg. I am at 6 mg now,but what it is each month I am getting a different brand of the mirtzapine.

So I have decided to put my diazpam

taper on hold and switch back to tapering the mirtzapine! 
The diazpam brand never changes because it’s so cheap anyway.

But right now we are having a nightmare with medications over here changing. So I am going to go for the one that’s the problem. I have 10 month worth to start tapering,then hopefully stash the other brands until I can get a stock pile of one brand. Then do a bridge over as I am nearing my 10 month stash before it runs out.

My only problem is I will only have 60 cuts with this drug. So I am wondering if it’s going to be better dissolving it in water?and is it water soluble? Also how much water is needed etc?

thank you for any help it’s really appreciated 🙏

• Mentor
5 hours ago, pinkfairy said:

Hey I think our pump up songs are totally poles apart 😆! I love beats to my music if I am out walking with my dog.

well done for sticking by it as well. If I hadn’t of found this site I would of been immensely poly drugged. I feel blessed that we know what’s happening and why.

Hope you’re doing okay 🙏

I feel the same as you. I am so thankful for this forum. I am doing well! I hope you are doing well to! 

• Administrator

Good idea to stop tapering diazepam and taper mirtazepine instead.

What is your current daily drug schedule, with times and dosages?

On 7/30/2020 at 8:22 AM, pinkfairy said:

I have a stash of 10 month of my brand my doctor thinks I take 15mg. I am at 6 mg now,but what it is each month I am getting a different brand of the mirtzapine.

What is the dosage of your tablets? Look at the expiration dates of your bottles, what is expiring first? What brand is being refilled now?

If I were you, I'd use up the tablets you have. You'll want to use the older tablets first. Can you organize them according to brand? You might use up one brand's tablets before opening the bottles of the other brands.

On 7/30/2020 at 8:22 AM, pinkfairy said:

My only problem is I will only have 60 cuts with this drug. So I am wondering if it’s going to be better dissolving it in water?and is it water soluble? Also how much water is needed etc?

See Tips for tapering off Remeron (mirtazapine)

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

On 7/30/2020 at 10:12 PM, Cocopuffz17 said:

I feel the same as you. I am so thankful for this forum. I am doing well! I hope you are doing well to! 

So glad you are doing well 🙏 may continued healing keep happening 

pink xx

On 8/2/2020 at 9:29 PM, Altostrata said:

Good idea to stop tapering diazepam and taper mirtazepine instead.

What is your current daily drug schedule, with times and dosages?

What is the dosage of your tablets? Look at the expiration dates of your bottles, what is expiring first? What brand is being refilled now?

If I were you, I'd use up the tablets you have. You'll want to use the older tablets first. Can you organize them according to brand? You might use up one brand's tablets before opening the bottles of the other brands.

See Tips for tapering off Remeron (mirtazapine)

Thanks Alto,Yes I thought it more sensible to be honest with the brands been so unstable.

I just checked the dates of the old brand,they all run out 2022.

The two new brands 2022 as well.

There all separated old in one corner and new in a different cupboard as not to get them mixed up.Yea that was my plan to start tapering the old brand first,then accumulate the new brands and keep hoarding until I get all the same brands again.

I am on 3.12mg of diazpam 

6mg of mirtzapine.

I crush and re~capsule each dose of both tablets.

The average weight of the diazpam tablets is 1.75g.

so on a morning I take 0.90 grams which is the equivalent of 1.12mg of diazepam at 8.30am.

Then at 3.30,I take 0.87g which is the equivalent of 1mg of diazepam.

Then at 10.20pm,I take 0.87 grams~ again which is 1mg of diazpam

Then also the mirtzapine with the 1mg of diazepam at bed time~10.20pm.

My mirtzapine tablets are 15 mg.

I did the average weight with 30 pills weighed them out,then calculated it and 7.5mg what I was originally on was 0.75 grams.

I got down to 6mg with the weight on the scale at 0.60 grams 

my plan was to get all 3 doses of the diazepam equal so it’s 0.87,3 Xs a day.

It didn’t happen but close though. 

But some time’s life throws a curve ball and we have to regroup and go a different route.

Thanks for the link,that’s great.

Hope this was helpful to go off 

xx

• Administrator

Sounds like you have all in hand. Well done.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

18 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Sounds like you have all in hand. Well done.

Thanks Alto.

I was reading through the link

you sent me on the mirtzapine and tapering.

A few things,it says getting the dissolvable tablets would be best? But I don’t really fancy doing a full switch over from one to the other.

I have syringes at home from the liquid diazpam from before.

Plus i wouldn’t have a clue what I was pulling percent wise. 
I spoke with a lady who lives in France,who tapered off her mirtzapine with just water.

She left it to dissolve for 30 minutes in 30ml of water.

But I need to be armed and triple sure it would work this way I can’t just go on that.

Its like a military operation i would like to be prepared. Plus I would only be aiming for 3/4 % to remain functional and parenting comes first.

The slower the the better as to protect my brain and cns from further injury.

I find with any AD they have a time lag.

So I would just be testing the waters with little percents to keep it stable 

thank you xx

• Administrator

You can use the mirtazapine tablets you have, no fancy mirtazapine needed.

29 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

You can use the mirtazapine tablets you have, no fancy mirtazapine needed.

That’s awesome 😁... 

Just reading through it all again.

Absolute little gold mine of information what I am reading through.

I also read that people were taking part solution and part tablet,as to test the waters instead of just switching to all liquid. This seems complicated but it’s obviously doable.

Really appreciate the help thank you xx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi just an up date and some questions ...

I am celebrating 10 month cigarette free today. Feels good after a life time of cigarettes ,that there now gone.🎉

I have been out for a meal with friends and my son. 💜We had an amazing time.

I get up each morning,make sure I get dressed and that’s me walking with my pooch each morning! 

We are off swimming tomorrow as well together, I feel utterly grateful for where I am on this journey. Yes I have bad days and I still suffer ,but I carry on regardless and celebrate 🎉 the milestones. I do tire extremely easy and feel out of puff.

Having problems with my teeth still,another as now snapped at the back.

I think 22 years on phye medications is eroding them.So another extraction with no novacaine (I am down as allergic)

I still see my therapist she’s been a rock.

I am creeping to the 3mg of Valium as of the 31st a huge accomplishment right there. It’s taken me 8 month to drop 1mg of valium ,but I have had  minimal with drawl symptoms! I have been parenting still and doing things ,I thought I would never do.. grateful 🙏

Every time my sleep starts to falter I hold ,this is my red flag 🚩 that my cns is becoming “unstable”! 

Also I have just purchased the ticket for medicating normal ,I cannot wait to see this!!Massive well done to all involved.

I have read through the Mirtzapine link and I will be honest ,I aren’t understanding it. I know I can dissolve my normal pill in water,its definitely water soluble,but that’s it,I don’t know anything else .I don’t know how much water etc,I aren’t getting it.

I do apologise for this ,I still struggle to retain things or understand.

Hope everybody is keeping as safe as possible. I will never forgot some one,once handed me a box of darkness,Only to discover that it was truly a gift 🎁

When you do the inner work this becomes understandable to those that know 💜

Keep going,no matter where you are on this journey. I can’t say this enough it does get better. 

pink xxxx

• Moderator Emeritus

Wow, you are doing so well.  It is really good to hear.

1 hour ago, pinkfairy said:

I have read through the Mirtzapine link and I will be honest ,I aren’t understanding it. I know I can dissolve my normal pill in water,its definitely water soluble,but that’s it,I don’t know anything else .I don’t know how much water etc,I aren’t getting it.

I suggest you ask your question in the mirtazapine tips topic.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

6 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

Wow, you are doing so well.  It is really good to hear.

I suggest you ask your question in the mirtazapine tips topic.

Thanks CC ,very kind of you to stop by and say so 😊

I hope you are doing well on your journey.💜

Thank you for pointing in the right direction.🙏

Pink xxx

Hello again.

I have just tried to click on the link what altro ,sent and it’s saying error not available?

Has it all been moved,i will have a look around the boards to see if I can the forum on mirtzapine.

xxx

• Mentor

Hi @pinkfairy

What a wonderful read, I am so happy for you. Keep up the good work and you will be unstoppable 💪

Isn’t it so true that difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations 🙏

1999-2020  20 mg Paxil

Bridged with Fluoxetine to help me get off Paxil.

2022 Fluoxetine 15 mg 12/12 14mg 27/12  13mg jan 12mg feb 11mg mars 10mg, 9 mg 8,5 mg 7.6mg 7.0 mg 6,3 mg 5,6 mg 5,0 mg 4,5 mg 4,0 mg 3.6mg 3,2 mg 2,9 mg 2,6 mg 2,3 mg 2,0 mg 1.8 mg

I am not a medical professional nor is this a medical advice. I only talk from my own experience.

11 hours ago, Hanna72 said:

Hi @pinkfairy

What a wonderful read, I am so happy for you. Keep up the good work and you will be unstoppable 💪

Isn’t it so true that difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations 🙏

Hello Hanna,thank you for stopping by.

Thank you so much for your kindness 💜

We all will after this, that is so true about been unstoppable.

It’s extremely true about the destination been beautiful. It’s why every single person  as to never give up.

This is just a long winding chapter.

But all chapters must come to and end.

Its like the seasons,we are the same.

Its all about the journey ,because we never stop learning and evolving,why we are on this track! I still have 2 drugs to go,but I am at peace with that. Slow and functional wins the race!

I wish you continued healing and may life shower you with all the beautiful things it as to offer 💜❤️ 

pink xxx

@pinkfairy

I just wanted to drop by and say congratulations!

You’re doing a wonderful job.

I’m so glad you are so happy!

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

22 hours ago, Frogie said:

@pinkfairy

I just wanted to drop by and say congratulations!

You’re doing a wonderful job.

I’m so glad you are so happy!

Take care,

Frogie xx

Or thanks Frogie that’s so kind of you 💜

I hope you are doing okay 

lots of love 

pink xxx

What a day yesterday with my son & friends,we went to an out door pool. It was absolutely beautiful,as the pools were heated. We had the best day ever.

Today I had my Pooch at the vets for a check up,all good there.
I have been micro tapering is steroids also.

I have finally gotten him down to 1mg 🙏Now I am given him a good hold.His 10 on Friday,so I have been buying him some gifts 😊
Feel really tired today after yesterday,so I have just gone gentle today with my self.

I still can’t find the mirtzapine thread any where 🥴

xxxx

• 2 months later...
  • Moderator Emeritus
On 8/19/2020 at 3:40 AM, pinkfairy said:

Today I had my Pooch at the vets for a check up,all good there.
I have been micro tapering is steroids also.

You knew what to do!  I was concerned when my dog was on drugs.

On 8/19/2020 at 3:40 AM, pinkfairy said:

I still can’t find the mirtzapine thread any where

Sorry we missed seeing this:

tips-for-tapering-off-mirtazapine-remeron

I noticed that there are some dates in your drug signature which don't have a year.  Could you please add them?  Thanks.

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• 1 year later...

Well this is a blast from the past been on here. 

I wanted to come back and give others HOPE! 
Lots of HOPE,I don’t know where to even begin really.

Let’s start that healing does happen,so for those disabled and left in the darkness,just know the light is there.

Without going into WD I wouldn’t be the person who I am today,I am achieving lots while still tapering,I went from victim to surveyor to thriver.

Do I still struggle? Absolutely. But I accept where I am at,is that easy to do (NO) but with time and a turtle 🐢 taper,I am on my way,the sun shines and I can feel that breeze on my face.

As of today I am down to 1.09mg of diazepam 🙏🏻& still sat at 6mg of mirtzapine,all forwards motion.

Fully functional,still seeing my therapist,I am doing  a body based symptom taper (the calendar as been thrown away) once my sleep goes I hold. My body keeps the score. 

I have stopped smoking just over 2 years now. I have lost over 2 & half stone. I have passed my English,level 2 functional skills. I have just passed my maths level 3 functional skills,ready to roll over onto level 1 next month.

I do yin yoga twice a week after therapy,as it grounds me into my body.Lots of self love 💗 work going on still.
Complete rebirth. 
It’s not about the destination,it’s about the journey.

All this “you can’t heal until you’re fully off” NOT TRUE 💚it’s happening constantly.

But,I still know I am not as “fully functional” as some one healthy. But soooo very grateful for where I am at. I cry,I laugh & too feel is to feel alive.💛

I came to SA frightened and hopeless with the mentality it was everyone’s fault but mine,all blame and no sense of self. I was wounded,long before the WD,but WD gave me the chance to rebuild who I was meant to be all along.

life is precious and this spiritual battle is only given to the warriors of this Earth.

Listen to your body,I didn’t even no what that meant,now I know what those words mean.

This is a journey like no other,it’s the journey inward what will bring you home.

So to those feeling desolate and lonely,or you have symptom after symptom,please know the intensity ends. You’ve got to hold on & dig so very deep.

Because the view at the top is breath taking.

Loads of love to all ~pink 🙏🏻❤️

@pinkfairy

What a great update!!!

I'm so glad you are doing so well.

Slow and easy wins the race and you are proof!!

It's great to hear from you, I was thinking about you the other day😊

12 minutes ago, Frogie said:

@pinkfairy

What a great update!!!

I'm so glad you are doing so well.

Slow and easy wins the race and you are proof!!

It's great to hear from you, I was thinking about you the other day😊

Hey 👋 

thank you soooo much Frogie,how are you doing?awww that’s so lovely of you,you do have such a sweet soul.

I guess i couldn’t come back sooner as it seemed haunting and it was like opening a wound. I can understand why others don’t,I never used to understand,why they didn’t want to come back. I get it.

But i am in a different place and wanted to let others know that a micro taper,holds and adjusting to what your body needs is absolutely working for me.

I am just over 6 years into this journey (old timer here haha)

24 years of been drugged and my god the canary is out of that coal mine.

yes I have ways to go and hoops of fire to get through.But my word,nothing will ever come as close to been ripped off paxil & zopiclone.

What a gift 🎁 been able to listen to your body and work with it. 

So good to hear from you xxxxx

Frogie,

oh my goodness you are FREE!!!!!!!! 

way to gooooooo,massive massive congratulations 🎉 just WOW!!!

Honestly may life,bring you everything and more that you deserve. You deserve it all. 
My heart sings when another person escapes their clutches. 
So proud of you. Keep being you 💛

Wow @pinkfairy 

I've just read through all your thread and your update post made me weep a little with joy 😊

You've been on one hell of a journey and your determination to get better is truly inspiring!

I was feeling a bit down today and it's really lifted me.    You're awesome!!!

I hope everything continues to get better for you xx

Sertraline (Lustral):  2014. Sept 50mg. Oct 100mg. Dec 150mg. 2015-2019. 150mg. 2019  Apr-May 0mg. Beg May 150mg. End May 100mg. Late June 125mg. Late Aug 100mg. 2020 Jan 75mg. April 50mg.

2022  50mg. 1Jan 45mg. 1Feb 40.5mg. Water T24Feb 39.5mg. 3Mar 38.5mg. 18Mar 38mg. 25Mar 37.5mg. 22Apr 37mg. 5May 36.5mg. 18May 36mg. 1Jun 35.3mg. 15Jun 34.5mg.  30Jun 34mg. 15Jul 33.5mg. 22Jul 33mg. 5Aug 32.5mg. 19Aug 32mg. 1Sept 31.5mg. 1Oct 31mg.  27 Oct 30.5. 16 Nov 30mg. 30 Nov 29.5mg. 14 Dec 29mg

2023. 2 Jan 28.5mg. 6 Feb 28mg. 10 Mar 27.5mg. 1 Apr 26.5mg. 1 May 26mg. 1 Jun 25.5mg. 1 Jul 25mg. 1 Aug 24.5mg. 17 Aug 24mg. 5 Sept 23.5mg. 9 Oct 23mg.

Desogestrel:  2014 -  present:  

Supplements Magnesium. 400mcg  Vitamin D. 10mcg.  Multivit/min. 1 tab. B Complex

Certirizine:   2022 May 10mg. Dec 20mg. 2023. 15mg.

Omeprazole.:  2016 20mg. 2022  20mg.  15Jan 15mg. 9Feb 10mg. 25Feb 6.5mg. 15Mar 3mg. 3Apr 1.5mg.  15Apr 0mg   2023. 20mg. 15 Sept 15mg.

Hi pink,

Just wanted to say a big congratulations to you for where you are now. You don't know me but I followed you a bit when I was first on here and in a terrible place, and you were too. You have come so far. You are so right it's the journey not the destination. Warmest wishes from me to you. It sounds like you are in a great place and managing your taper really well. How do you calculate your doses? I'm about to start a water taper and am really daunted by it to be honest. Do you use a syringe to measure doses? 

11 July 2018 3.75mg zopiclone 14 days missed one dose at least doubled one dose 

22 July 2018 2 mg Valium one week ish

30/july/18 quetiapine 25

31/july/2018 quetiapine 100

1/August/2018 quetiapine 200

14/August/2018 quetiapine 100

14/ September /2018 Quetiapine 87.5mg

Not doing so well on this drop. 

many changes up and down as doctors didn't believe me when I said I needed to go slowly down. Withdrawal became impossible to function and I was hospitalised. 

Feb 2021- now  10 mg olanzapine 

@pinkfairy

I think it's wonderful how far you have come.

I'm so very proud of you!🧡

4 hours ago, Lilabella said:

Hi pink,

Just wanted to say a big congratulations to you for where you are now. You don't know me but I followed you a bit when I was first on here and in a terrible place, and you were too. You have come so far. You are so right it's the journey not the destination. Warmest wishes from me to you. It sounds like you are in a great place and managing your taper really well. How do you calculate your doses? I'm about to start a water taper and am really daunted by it to be honest. Do you use a syringe to measure doses? 

Hello there and thank you for stopping by,it’s really appreciated 🙏🏻
look at how strong we are,to of gotten this far my friend. 
You’ve travelled the road so far,really proud of you. It’s definitely the journey.

I don’t use water or a syringe,i use grinding,weighing out and then recap them. I have always split my doses,I take equal doses 1)on the morning 2)afternoon 3)night.
I was micro tapering every third day ,2 years ago,when I hit 2mg of diazepam I went to 4 days,I started to feel the burn,so I have now gone to every fifth day. It’s a very very slow taper,but it’s keeping me safe,stable & living.

Now the mirtazpine is different,I will be using water & syringe when it’s time to tackle that one.  I really understand your feelings of being daunted and I hear you,but that feeling you’ve means you are about to do something extremely brave. I believe in you.

When I do switch over,I will try half tablet & half water,so it’s not a full on switch over in one go. 
You can do this 💛

4 hours ago, Frogie said:

@pinkfairy

I think it's wonderful how far you have come.

I'm so very proud of you!🧡

@Frogiei think it’s amazing that you are Free 🎉🙏🏻

Thank you so much and I am very proud of you too ❤️