Jump to content
TryingToHoldOn

TryingToHoldOn: Sertraline - protracted WD 6 months after last dose?

Recommended Posts

TryingToHoldOn
On 7/28/2017 at 1:50 PM, RachelSusan said:

Hi Trying,

 

I am sorry to read that you are still having a hard time. I keep my fingers crossed and think of you.  I hope relief is right around the corner for you.

 

I consider myself one of the lucky ones because I only went through 5-6 months of torture. Still tapering and hope when I finally jump off I don't get hit with the hell again.

 

Your suggestions for Utah49er were good and so well put.  What I like about this site is that no matter how much each of us is suffering we make the time to reach out to someone else and always with such kindness. It's truly a group effort.  And the moderators, oh my gosh, where would we be without them?

 

Again, fingers crossed for you as well as anybody else who is suffering from withdrawal.

 

RS

Just posted to your thread. :)

Share this post


Link to post
TryingToHoldOn
On 8/1/2017 at 0:33 PM, FarmGirlWorks said:

Hang in there, TryingToHoldOn. This site is a lifesaver for those of us in WD. I was/am shocked that the WD hell may last several months, years. I want it over with right this second. And, I find that when people in my life who have not gone thru this suggest that I just go back on meds again if it is so bad, then coming to this site and reaching out really helps. We are all in this together.

FarmGirl,

 

We will get through this.  People who have  never experienced this do not understand the dangers of these drugs.  It's best to stay off and hang on for healing.  I suspect there are a lot of 'shocked' people on this site.  Take care and be strong!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
TryingToHoldOn
10 hours ago, Terry4949 said:

Tryingtoholdon , I think we have to be realistic and face facts that we are not going to heal for a very long time and this is how it is going to be , if you are doing well on anti depressants and feel good and come on here and follow their protocol slowly reducing I think you have a very good chance of a pain free recovery , but for those of us that are in protracted withdrawel be it to fast a taper or c/t by no fault of our own , all bets are of , I have been coming on here for a few years now and I am worse now than ever , I have seen very little success stories from those who are in our plight , more from people who were fortunate enough to go slow wilst feeling well , even alto said it has taken 9 years to be well I have seen people 6 to 7 years and still suffering hoping for this day when they heal , I believe that I will not heal as I have had over30 different meds in over 25 years , and after the last 12 months of all the meds of c/t that I have had it has put the nail in my coffin , we have a choice to stand a fight or roll in a ball , but to feel like this for years to come is going to be very hard each and everyday in hope that we get better , but what alternative do we have , I say to myself now my life is over wether I recover or not , the toll of all the mental and physical symptoms I have are ingrained in me and I will not be able to forget them , myself I am now really considering trying another med to try and stabilise, I know it's a big gamble , but when you feel as bad as this and no it could go on for years which I know in my case will , I think we need to look at other options , I think if I wait much longer I will not be here to see the end results , please think carefully about what other options there may be to help you through this , waiting can be a very dangerous game if you see no sign of healing , I am not trying to persuade you into going on medication far from it , I just think that unless we get to some sort of base line we are going to suffer for a long time , 

 

Terry,

 

i am so so sorry for all of your suffering.  I can't even imagine the hell you're going through.  The meds have damaged you so much and it's so unfair.  I just wanted to tell you that you're so strong to have made it through 4 years!  I believe people can and will get better.  Please read Shep's thread.  Don't think about tomorrow or 3 months from now.  Take it second by second, day by day.  I truly understand your pain and suffering, but the human body is resilient and the human spirit strong.  You CAN do this, Terry. Xoxo

Share this post


Link to post
TryingToHoldOn
12 hours ago, nz11 said:

Hi TTHO

Sorry you are having to go through this.

I dont know what country you are in but have you considered making a complaint to the appropriate powers regarding your wdl plight.

No one can tell you how long this will go on for it could be many months or years. It took basically 2 yrs in my case for the suffering to go from uncontrollable to manageable and from then on its been a slow receding taking 6 yrs to be able to return to being employable again.

You are going to have to be patient as its simply a survival game.

You can do it. Dont give up hope. It will get better in time.

Its a dangerous thing to trust doctors eh

nz11

NZ,

 

Giving you a very big virtual hug!  Thank you for the encouraging words.  I'll take manageable!!!  

 

Yes, I'm glad that I was able to get off the medication merry-go-round before further damage was done.  Am I suffering?  YES! But I also realize it could be so so much worse.

 

I'm am so happy to hear of your continued healing and hope to encourage others as I get better.

Share this post


Link to post
TryingToHoldOn

I'm hoping a moderator can give me some advice or anyone who has experienced this.

 

One of my most debilitating symptoms is extreme pressure in my forehead.  It's very difficult to describe because it isn't painful, but I feel the need to squint a lot.  I also have the inability to concentrate because it is so profound.

 

I tried looking up head pressure symptoms in SA, but didn't find the information I was looking for.  

 

My question for the mods or someone who is experiencing something similiar is:

 

1. Is it tension related? If yes, is it ok to take excederin tension

2. Is it a migraine?  If yes, is it ok to take excederin migraine?

3. Is it just some wacky WD symptom and not relieved by anything except time?

4. What is the average time length of before experiencing 'some' relief?

 

Thanks so much for your help!

Share this post


Link to post
RachelSusan

Hi Trying,

I'm no moderator and I hope they will answer.  I did want to share my experience.  When I went cold turkey I experienced a painful pressure in my sinuses, my ears, and my forehead.  I took Tylenol, I can't say if it helped or not. I was just too out of it.  It did finally go away, however even now when I taper sometimes the pressure pain comes back a little in my ears for a few days. I saw a few mentions of that sort of thing here on the site, but not a lot. I hope you feel better soon.

Share this post


Link to post
TryingToHoldOn
On 8/6/2017 at 4:41 PM, RachelSusan said:

Hi Trying,

I'm no moderator and I hope they will answer.  I did want to share my experience.  When I went cold turkey I experienced a painful pressure in my sinuses, my ears, and my forehead.  I took Tylenol, I can't say if it helped or not. I was just too out of it.  It did finally go away, however even now when I taper sometimes the pressure pain comes back a little in my ears for a few days. I saw a few mentions of that sort of thing here on the site, but not a lot. I hope you feel better soon.

RS,

 

Thank you for your response.  I've scoured the web regarding this pressure and there's no definitive answer.  I'm assuming that it's just another WD symptom that I need to endure. :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
TryingToHoldOn
5 hours ago, scallywag said:

Trying, Head pressure and pain are withdrawal symptoms.  Here's a link to search results from the Symptoms forum where "head" occurred in the topic title:

 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/search/?&q=head&type=forums_topic&nodes=8&search_in=titles

Scallywag, 

 

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to answer this question.

 

I was wondering if you or one of the other moderators could take a look at my signature or intro page.  Sometimes I feel the need to do something, anything to stop this cycle of agony, but want to be very prudent if I decide on a course.  Right now, I am committed to ride this out without reinstatement since I've had adverse reactions.  However, I'd like another pair of eyes (or 2 or 3!) to look at my med history and advise me appropriately.  I am following the natural windows & waves pattern and the TERROR has been replaced by high anxiety so there has been ever so slight improvement. :) 

 

Thank you again for reviewing my case.

Share this post


Link to post
TryingToHoldOn

Seriously, do people really recover from this mess?  I just feel so defeated today.  School starts tomorrow for my kids and I don't have the ability to get their things prepared.  I CANNOT concentrate, have all kinds of aches and pains, severe myclonic jerks and mood instability. Again, I ask those of you who work or take care of your children without assistance - HOW IN THE WORLD DO YOU DO IT?!?

 

I am losing my mind and don't know how I'm going to take care of my kids and get them to school.

 

Had I known this is how my life would end up I would have NEVER taken an AD or any other psychiatric medication.  I have no quality of life nor the strength to endure.  Dear God,  please help us all.

 

Share this post


Link to post
BAT

I wonder the same thing..

Share this post


Link to post
miT

I have my omega 3 and magnesium supplements with me at work. 

Then again there are days that I have only 4 hours of productive work instead of 8. I try to make up for it on the good days.

My colleagues rightfully think I'm a weirdo. These kind of social interactions aren't  helping either. It's just tough on the bad days.

 

You had a bad day. Let it pass.

Share this post


Link to post
Alice1

Hey TTHO

Get all the preparations done tonight . All of it , so you can literally get from bed to car . Have your children bathe tonight and place clothes by their beds .. If possibly have breakfast prepared tonight . Even if you put cereal in the bowls tonight and milk in the morning ..Do as much as possible tonight .. 

 

Note:  You should probably get up and get acclimated to the sunlight before driving kids to school .. Meaning , don't go from bed to car in 5 seconds while still sleepy or drowsy ..

Share this post


Link to post
TryingToHoldOn

I could really use some advice from those of you who have suffered from severe insomnia.

 

My insomnia started in Dec 2016 starting with absolutely no sleep for 2 weeks.  Then it gradually got better and I was able to get 2-4 hours of broken sleep.  Now I go 4-5 days with ZERO sleep then one night of 4-5 hours of broken sleep and then it cycles back to no sleep again for a few night.  I am desperate to get some sleep.

 

I've tried sleep meditations, mindfulness, melatonin, chamomile tea, etc.  Before I found this site I had tried Lunesta, Benadryl, and hydroxyzine but they were not effective at all.

 

It's been 8 months of this crazy insomnia now and I'm starting to get very concerned because the mind and body need sleep to restore itself and heal.

 

Is there anything at all I can be doing to get consistent sleep?

Share this post


Link to post
TryingToHoldOn
On 8/13/2017 at 2:06 PM, miT said:

I have my omega 3 and magnesium supplements with me at work. 

Then again there are days that I have only 4 hours of productive work instead of 8. I try to make up for it on the good days.

My colleagues rightfully think I'm a weirdo. These kind of social interactions aren't  helping either. It's just tough on the bad days.

 

You had a bad day. Let it pass.

I take omega 3 and magnesium, too.  Can't really tell much of a difference.

 

I'm positive you are NOT a weirdo!  You've been very supportive of many on this site and we are grateful for that.  I hope your tapering is going well!:)

Share this post


Link to post
TryingToHoldOn
On 8/13/2017 at 3:35 PM, Alice1 said:

Hey TTHO

Get all the preparations done tonight . All of it , so you can literally get from bed to car . Have your children bathe tonight and place clothes by their beds .. If possibly have breakfast prepared tonight . Even if you put cereal in the bowls tonight and milk in the morning ..Do as much as possible tonight .. 

 

Note:  You should probably get up and get acclimated to the sunlight before driving kids to school .. Meaning , don't go from bed to car in 5 seconds while still sleepy or drowsy ..

Alice,

 

I took your advice to heart.  It was difficult, but I was able to get my kids to school all last week with one hiccup.  I guess we need to claim any small victory.

Share this post


Link to post
TryingToHoldOn
On 8/13/2017 at 1:41 PM, BAT said:

I wonder the same thing..

Please hang on, BAT.  Whatever you decide to do I will support you.  I wish there was more I could do for you.

Share this post


Link to post
BAT

 

Sorry you are having a hard time

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
TryingToHoldOn

I NEED SLEEP!!!!!!!!!!!  :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
waves12

Hello Trying to hold on

 

I have been reading your post today.  I am a CT in withdrawal.  I am off since June 2016 so 14 months + now.

 

One of my worst symptoms for a long time was the insomnia, 2 hours sleep for the first 11 months, hell, with an odd 4 hour thrown in. After the 11 months my sleep went to 6 hours most nights, some nights 4 or 5 hours but mainly 6 hours.  Whilst 6 hours was great I still felt so exhausted all the time and longed for just a bit more. Over the last week I have now had a couple of 7 to 8 hours, not every night but feel hopeful my sleep is returning.  I was also on sleeping tablets for years and years, off these since Oct 2015 approx., and so it was very difficult to get the hang of the idea about sleeping naturally ever again as always drugged with AD  or sleep meds.  It was just time.

 

My symptoms change a lot and my worst one now is depression which just wont let up this last couple of months. Also a feeling of detachment from others and the world in general.

 

Have had a dozens of horrible symptoms physical and emotional and they subside, start up, subside and so is the pattern but lessen in intensity.

 

With the depression comes feeling of loneliness, horrible horrible feeling and unbearable at times.

 

Generally over the course of time I am doing more even when I feel bad. It is 'into action' and do something, quite difficult at times but I do it.

 

Over this last 14 and a half months things have improved for sure but sometimes it is hard to see.  I do a journal every night and have been at this since September 2016 when I was 3 months off AD, this is when I realised that something was very wrong and found the website. Thank God.

 

I hope you can hang on in there and be patient and know that the only way out is to keep moving forward and just show up each day.  :)

 

xx

Share this post


Link to post
TryingToHoldOn
On 9/1/2017 at 6:42 AM, waves12 said:

Hello Trying to hold on

 

I have been reading your post today.  I am a CT in withdrawal.  I am off since June 2016 so 14 months + now.

 

One of my worst symptoms for a long time was the insomnia, 2 hours sleep for the first 11 months, hell, with an odd 4 hour thrown in. After the 11 months my sleep went to 6 hours most nights, some nights 4 or 5 hours but mainly 6 hours.  Whilst 6 hours was great I still felt so exhausted all the time and longed for just a bit more. Over the last week I have now had a couple of 7 to 8 hours, not every night but feel hopeful my sleep is returning.  I was also on sleeping tablets for years and years, off these since Oct 2015 approx., and so it was very difficult to get the hang of the idea about sleeping naturally ever again as always drugged with AD  or sleep meds.  It was just time.

 

My symptoms change a lot and my worst one now is depression which just wont let up this last couple of months. Also a feeling of detachment from others and the world in general.

 

Have had a dozens of horrible symptoms physical and emotional and they subside, start up, subside and so is the pattern but lessen in intensity.

 

With the depression comes feeling of loneliness, horrible horrible feeling and unbearable at times.

 

Generally over the course of time I am doing more even when I feel bad. It is 'into action' and do something, quite difficult at times but I do it.

 

Over this last 14 and a half months things have improved for sure but sometimes it is hard to see.  I do a journal every night and have been at this since September 2016 when I was 3 months off AD, this is when I realised that something was very wrong and found the website. Thank God.

 

I hope you can hang on in there and be patient and know that the only way out is to keep moving forward and just show up each day.  :)

 

xx

Waves,

 

Thank you so much for the encouragement.  It is so reassuring to know that your sleep has returned for you!  I bet that makes such a big difference in coping with this hideous WD.  I am terribly sorry that you are in a deep depression.  I hope this ends soon for you so you can just get on with your life!  Do you find that things are manageable at 14.5 months off?  Are you functioning (I.e. Working, taking care of kids, volunteering, or able to be a productive person)?  I wish you more windows and a more linear recovery from here on out.

Share this post


Link to post
TryingToHoldOn

Update: 5 months med free

 

Life is still hideous.  The crying never stops.  The morning TERROR, DREAD, ANXIETY have returned in full force.  I'm sick of experiencing all the negative emotions.  Where is joy, happiness, contentment, giddniness, etc.?  Even if it doesn't end, please tell me it gets easier to live this way.  I'm so sick of enduring.  

 

There are so many of you who are gracefully navigating WD; I so admire you.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
waves12

Hi Trying

 

Great to hear back from you.  How is your sleep and other things?

 

I do function must better with the sleep.  It is still not consistent every night but much more manageable.  I have worked all the way through WD part time and from home it has been very difficult to carry on with my work and if I had a job outside, commuting etc, I for sure would not have been able to do that.  I have an empty nest now too so in some ways that has been easier with all this WD but in other ways really hard as no real support at home. My two sons have been tearing their hair out with me and don't even live here anymore so I guess it has been better they have left home.  I go out to see friends for coffee when I can and babysit my two little grandsons about once every two weeks. I drive up to them, about an hour in the car, and now finding this quite easy, I did struggle so much until very recently with this as I felt so exhausted all the time.  Last Tuesday I looked after them for 12 hours and was scared of how I was going to feel the next day but I was fine and recovered very quickly.  I have also been away to my friend in Ireland just a couple of weeks ago for 3 nights which was ok but was completely exhausted on returning so found this too much at the moment.  So yes I am certainly improving and being more productive now.  It is so slow to see a change but it is there for sure.  I have also recently discovered now that emotional upset really throws me backwards so have to avoid triggers with certain people. The last 3/4 weeks have been the most upward improvements to date.  Have had such an awful time with no windows for the first 11 months albeit I had an odd day where I felt slightly better. I now feel I am getting somewhere and have much more hope for the future as had very little for so long.  As we know things can swing round from one day to the next. I was really good for 3 days and today not so good but not terrible so that's fine.

 

Hope you are ok this evening. xx

Share this post


Link to post
waves12
17 minutes ago, TryingToHoldOn said:

Update: 5 months med free

 

Life is still hideous.  The crying never stops.  The morning TERROR, DREAD, ANXIETY have returned in full force.  I'm sick of experiencing all the negative emotions.  Where is joy, happiness, contentment, giddniness, etc.?  Even if it doesn't end, please tell me it gets easier to live this way.  I'm so sick of enduring.  

 

There are so many of you who are gracefully navigating WD; I so admire you.

 

 

 

I was reading through my phone app about an hour ago, I had kept records on here and still do......I was reading some from June and they were really bad, I had written that I wanted to end it all and when is this sh** ever going to stop etc etc etc. And some stuff even worse that I cant write on here. It was very bad and it is scary to reread it and that is only 3 months ago.

 

I had almost given up hope of ever feeling normal again and now I feel so much better, I was doubting what everyone on here was saying about healing.

 

It is just a waiting game for sure. You will be ok. It is very hard to get through this but it will end. Please believe this. xx

Share this post


Link to post
TryingToHoldOn
21 hours ago, waves12 said:

I was reading through my phone app about an hour ago, I had kept records on here and still do......I was reading some from June and they were really bad, I had written that I wanted to end it all and when is this sh** ever going to stop etc etc etc. And some stuff even worse that I cant write on here. It was very bad and it is scary to reread it and that is only 3 months ago.

 

I had almost given up hope of ever feeling normal again and now I feel so much better, I was doubting what everyone on here was saying about healing.

 

It is just a waiting game for sure. You will be ok. It is very hard to get through this but it will end. Please believe this. xx

Thank you so much for sharing this with me.  I, too, have had these thoughts and some others that I don't dare share with anyone.  You sound so strong and courageous.  I'm so glad that things are turning around for you.

 

I know that I sound pathetic and panicky mess, but that is how I desperately feel.  I am able to get my kids to school every day (they are well groomed), run some errands, do the nighttime routine and start  over again the next day.  However, I do get hit with crying spells and deep dark depression.  There is also a constant sense of being uneasy or uncomfortable in my own skin that makes the panic inside me build.  Did you ever have that sensation?  I would give anything to just feel normal again.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
kara100

Hi ttho,   I am sorry to hear that you are going through so much. I think in order to heal from the toxic drugs that you took, you need to eat a very healthy low histamine diet. I think you will see some improvement within a month after switching your diet . The drugs that you took causes histamine issues and that's why we are having a lot of sleeping issues. Thank God, you find out after only 3 years of taking the drugs, not 20 years that these drugs are actually the causes of our problem.              

Share this post


Link to post
waves12
13 hours ago, TryingToHoldOn said:

Thank you so much for sharing this with me.  I, too, have had these thoughts and some others that I don't dare share with anyone.  You sound so strong and courageous.  I'm so glad that things are turning around for you.

 

I know that I sound pathetic and panicky mess, but that is how I desperately feel.  I am able to get my kids to school every day (they are well groomed), run some errands, do the nighttime routine and start  over again the next day.  However, I do get hit with crying spells and deep dark depression.  There is also a constant sense of being uneasy or uncomfortable in my own skin that makes the panic inside me build.  Did you ever have that sensation?  I would give anything to just feel normal again.

 

 

I did feel so bad beyond any words I could describe to my family and friends, I really wanted them to understand but of course they don't really get it as only a sufferer really knows how it feels.

 

I was not feeling strong at all until very recently and was a pathetic whiney excuse for a humanbeing, I was so snappy, angry, tearful and unpredictable every day and I had to isolate a lot of the time so that other people didn't have to be around me, I was not good company at all.  I wanted people to leave me alone and they did, not a good plan!

 

I was so offhand with my boss this last 15 months and don't know how he kept me on, I would not have kept me on.

 

The impending doom that you describe was all over me and would cause me to sweat, make my heart thud so badly and stop me sleeping.

 

The depression has lifted for now and the crying spells are still there but I am coping with the tears and actually welcoming them and finding them healing.

 

Believe me I was completely broken just a couple of weeks ago and had hardly any hope. My first good days where I felt really well was only a few weeks ago, I then slipped back for about 10 days, like it was the early days again, and am now on day 5 of continuous feeling good.  I am sure it will be back as this seems to be the pattern of recovery.

 

It is time and only time but it is best to keep functioning as much as possible even though we really don't want to, WD  is all consuming and of course it is because it is brutal what we have to get through, but we do and you will, stay positive and trust all that tell you it will be ok.

 

Hope you can have the best day you can.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
TryingToHoldOn
On 9/6/2017 at 2:00 AM, waves12 said:

I did feel so bad beyond any words I could describe to my family and friends, I really wanted them to understand but of course they don't really get it as only a sufferer really knows how it feels.

 

I was not feeling strong at all until very recently and was a pathetic whiney excuse for a humanbeing, I was so snappy, angry, tearful and unpredictable every day and I had to isolate a lot of the time so that other people didn't have to be around me, I was not good company at all.  I wanted people to leave me alone and they did, not a good plan!

 

I was so offhand with my boss this last 15 months and don't know how he kept me on, I would not have kept me on.

 

The impending doom that you describe was all over me and would cause me to sweat, make my heart thud so badly and stop me sleeping.

 

The depression has lifted for now and the crying spells are still there but I am coping with the tears and actually welcoming them and finding them healing.

 

Believe me I was completely broken just a couple of weeks ago and had hardly any hope. My first good days where I felt really well was only a few weeks ago, I then slipped back for about 10 days, like it was the early days again, and am now on day 5 of continuous feeling good.  I am sure it will be back as this seems to be the pattern of recovery.

 

It is time and only time but it is best to keep functioning as much as possible even though we really don't want to, WD  is all consuming and of course it is because it is brutal what we have to get through, but we do and you will, stay positive and trust all that tell you it will be ok.

 

Hope you can have the best day you can.

 

 

Waves, 

 

Did you suffer from uncontrollable crying spells?  I can't stop crying and it's been 5 months now.  You mentioned that you still get crying spells, but have they improved at all?  This is one of my most distressing symptoms.

 

I am sorry that you have suffered so terrible for so long.  I really appreciate you reaching out to me with your kind words and encouragement.  I am such a complete mess today and I'm sorry that I can't convey more eloquently the significance if your support. Xxx

Share this post


Link to post
TryingToHoldOn
On 9/5/2017 at 1:49 PM, kara100 said:

Hi ttho,   I am sorry to hear that you are going through so much. I think in order to heal from the toxic drugs that you took, you need to eat a very healthy low histamine diet. I think you will see some improvement within a month after switching your diet . The drugs that you took causes histamine issues and that's why we are having a lot of sleeping issues. Thank God, you find out after only 3 years of taking the drugs, not 20 years that these drugs are actually the causes of our problem.              

Kara,

 

I am so glad that you are feeling so much better.  I hope to be in your shoes one day. You mentioned that you cried a lot during your WD.  How long did this last for you?  I am 5 months out and still struggling so very much with uncontrollable crying.  Thanks for you insight.

Share this post


Link to post
waves12
49 minutes ago, TryingToHoldOn said:

Waves, 

 

Did you suffer from uncontrollable crying spells?  I can't stop crying and it's been 5 months now.  You mentioned that you still get crying spells, but have they improved at all?  This is one of my most distressing symptoms.

 

I am sorry that you have suffered so terrible for so long.  I really appreciate you reaching out to me with your kind words and encouragement.  I am such a complete mess today and I'm sorry that I can't convey more eloquently the significance if your support. Xxx

Hi T

 

I do still get the crying spells, they just come of the blue and just cant stop them to order.  I don't really look at it as a bad thing and don't get alarmed about it. It can be a bit embarrassing if I am with my grown up sons when it happens as it did a couple of Sundays ago, I couldn't help it and felt bad for my son having to witness it, he knows I am in the wars at the moment.

 

For me I would rather have these strange outbursts of tears than the terrible anger I have experienced on and off, that was really scary for me.

 

It is all healing and progress in this recovery cycle, try not to fight the tears just let them come as suppressing them would not be helpful.

 

There seems to be patterns of emotions, some of which we just don't want, but it seems the whole system is doing the rounds of emotional and physical clean up and clean out.

 

You will be ok you know, it is a roller coaster but it will stop and all will come good for us.

 

I had a good run and of course as expected I got slammed into the rocks on Friday so the last few days have been tough again.  It will change back again for sure in a short while, it is the pattern of our recovery.

 

Try not to worry and just let go and let the body and mind do its thing.

 

xx

Share this post


Link to post
TryingToHoldOn

Can somebody please weigh in on this?  I feel like I'm on the verge of losing my mind and maybe I truly am.  I asked my parents to buy school clothes for my kids as I am not capable of going to the mall due to all the stimulation.  Today, I opened the package they sent and was catapulted into a state of panic.  It was too much seeing all those clothes and the thought of washing them and putting them away.  I just broke down into tears again and cannot stop crying.  This does not seem normal in any way at all.  Am I a really bad case?  Is there any kind of hope for recovery for me?  I am frozen by terror and fear.

 

Thanks in advance for your input.  Everyone in my life with the exception of my husband thinks I am very mentally disturbed and needs to be medicated.  To be honest, I'm feeling that way too.  Trying to stay strong.

Share this post


Link to post
RachelSusan

My dear dear Trying,

 

Please don't be so hard on yourself.  When I was going through WD I was not capable of doing ANYTHING.  Everything over stimulated me.  I'm not experiencing WD symptoms at the moment but even now I can't go to the mall to go shopping because the sounds, the people, the movement, way too much....

 

You are correct, in saying that breaking down in tears over thinking about what you have to do with the clothing does not seem normal, however you are in a protracted withdrawal, that is not a normal state for a person and will do the strongest person in.  Withdrawal is a horrible drug induced illness. You have so much going on in your life in addition to withdrawal, please don't judge yourself by "normal."  In my humble opinion, for what's going on with you, you are managing more than most would in your position.

 

Is there anything that you can do for yourself at the moment to help calm you down?  For some people soft music, for other music would make it worse.  What about just laying down with a cool cloth over your forehead? Meditation? Deep breathing?  This may sound silly but I know someone that when stressed thinks about first breathing out her left nostril and then her right. No, she don't push with her finger on either side to help. She goes back and forth and tells me it distracts her and calms her down. What about a bath?  Temperature of your choice.  For me it is sometimes cool, other times hot. Anyway maybe you can come up with something that just for the moment might help you?

 

xoxo

RS

Share this post


Link to post
Alice1

Hey TTHO ,

Its normal . The same thing is happening to me , and all my recovered friends have said its normal , but that comfort only last a few minutes .. I haven't had a window in two weeks , and im freaking out , but then I realize I have to do my part and not add stress to stress . but I do anyway ..My support team is losing patience with me too .. Today they asked me to "suffer in silence" for awhile .. I truly believe youre in the pre = 6 months acute stage which means your relief will be coming at 12 months or so JMO ..

Share this post


Link to post
BAT

Where is our relief Alice1 it's been 12 months from stopping antidepressants??

I know everyone is different but this is so  hard especially being off so long.. This is just torture..

 

Alice1 you talk to several people that have recovered, 100% healed?? Did they have bad withdrawal and how long did it take? Physical and mental symptoms?

 

You don't need to suffer in silence, you have us.. 

 

Sorry if I am sounding negative this is just very  hard..

 

I pray for quick healing for all of us!!

Share this post


Link to post
Alice1

TTHO and BAT ,

My friends whove recovered did have severe symptoms for a long time . They all CTd and took every bit of 24 months to notice the first signs of improvement . We are so so early in this process but that does not mean we are not healing .WE are but the rewards wont show up for quite a while .. Lets stay patient and not add stress to stress . That will only compound our suffering . Its important to challenge ourselves daily .. BAT , I know you are having trouble leaving the house so yo might want to start walking to the corner everyday for awhile and build on that ..Exercise is important but start very small . Even if it is just stretching for now .. WE WILL GET BETTER  its just going to take time .. 

Share this post


Link to post
RachelSusan
6 hours ago, Alice1 said:

TTHO and BAT ,

My friends whove recovered did have severe symptoms for a long time . They all CTd and took every bit of 24 months to notice the first signs of improvement . We are so so early in this process but that does not mean we are not healing .WE are but the rewards wont show up for quite a while .. Lets stay patient and not add stress to stress . That will only compound our suffering . Its important to challenge ourselves daily .. BAT , I know you are having trouble leaving the house so yo might want to start walking to the corner everyday for awhile and build on that ..Exercise is important but start very small . Even if it is just stretching for now .. WE WILL GET BETTER  its just going to take time .. 

--Alice1, What you said above is a huge inspiration for me.  Thank you.  I found your page and I am now following you. 

---TryingToHoldOn, you are an inspiration to me as well.  I know you are struggling, however I'm impressed with that fact that you keep putting one foot in front of another any move forward.

We will all make it the land of symptom free living, I know it.

xo

RS

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.