☼ dj2010: off all meds for 3 months and been fine now bad insomnia

dj2010

Please read the reinstatement link : I know you have a long history with Seroquel but a possible reinstatement of Venlafaxine is possibly warranted at this point although I would have liked to see you get through this without the additional drugs. A very small reinstatement could possibly be helpful at this time. 

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

Edited by AliG

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

1 minute ago, AliG said:

Please read the reinstatement link : I know you have a long history with Seroquel but a possible reinstatement of Venlafaxine is possibly warranted at this point although I would\have liked to see you get through this without the additional drugs.

thanks, after reading another thread I am going to try and power through until I am left no choice but to try reinstating, then I will try 0.5 - 1mg venlafaxine, I really dont want to give up and reinstate, i have been through a lot worse than this and could cope if i didnt have 2 kids to look after

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

2014 returned to UK, mainly to get treatment getting off meds

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

13 hours ago, dj2010 said:

thanks PB, how are you today?

Not good but I got out for a walk , I have a cold today .so I hope I get better by next week ,going to visit family next week ,I have to fly ,I haven't taken a drop in taper because I'm afraid of symptoms while away  but I have them constantly anyhow .to be honest  I don't like to trigger anyone with symptoms because there fairly bad and I'm sick to the teeth of being like this and I'm not coping well at all with guilt ,I'm not sure I can ask any more of my partner than I have already .

It's more than withdrawal if I'm honest .withdrawal is making things even more impossible.anyhow thanks for asking .

Keep working on your sleep ,your kids and wife need you .

Take care 

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

6 minutes ago, powerback said:

Not good but I got out for a walk , I have a cold today .so I hope I get better by next week ,going to visit family next week ,I have to fly ,I haven't taken a drop in taper because I'm afraid of symptoms while away  but I have them constantly anyhow .to be honest  I don't like to trigger anyone with symptoms because there fairly bad and I'm sick to the teath of being like this and I'm not coping well at all with guilt ,I'm not sure I can ask any more of my partner than I have already .

It's more than withdrawal if I'm honest .withdrawal is making things even more impossible.anyhow thanks for asking .

Keep working on your sleep ,your kids and wife need you .

Take care 

sorry to hear you are not to good today, lets hope you improve for your visit, you can continue your taper on the return, i know what you mean about the guilt, these drugs effect everyone around you, my family are getting sick of me being ill all the time too, take care

2001 - 2005 prozac,  2001 - 2017 various benzos, mainly diazapem and zanex,  2002 - 2017 olanzapine or seroquel,  2002 -2017 propanolol, 2005 - 2009 venlafaxine 75mg , forced to go cold turkey off venlafaxine as moved Thailand, doctor cut me off and couldn't get it there, severely ill for over 2 years, countered withdrawals with more zanex and seroquel

doctor advised to taper seroquel over a few weeks, severely ill and bed bed-bound so reinstated it, 2015 tapered seroquel myself slower over a few months, was off it 2 months and was too ill so went on olanzapine, became zombie and too tired to get out of bed, went back on seroquel, very depressed so went back on venlafaxine, didnt work  so doctor swapped to zoloft became very agitated so back on venlafaxine

June 2016 - felt strong enough to begin tapering again, started what I thought was a slow taper of all meds,  2016 July Not had any alcoholic drink since this date, 

2016 October completely off diazepem, 2017 Feb completely off seroquel, 2017 March completely off proponanlol, 2017 April (day before birthday) completely off venlafaxine, OFF ALL MEDS 11/4/2017, was fine for nearly 3 months and then delayed withdrawal hit,

supplements taking: turmeric capsules, NiaCel (nicotinamide riboside), Vit B12 sublingual, Vit B3, Vit B6, Vit B1, apple cider vinegar, manuka umf 10 honey, camu camu powder,  melatonin when needed, epsom salt baths, juices, smoothies, 

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/topic/15175-dj2010-off-all-meds-for-3-months-and-been-fine-now-bad-insomnia/

12 hours ago, dj2010 said:

thanks, after reading another thread I am going to try and power through until I am left no choice but to try reinstating, then I will try 0.5 - 1mg venlafaxine, I really don't want to give up and reinstate, i have been through a lot worse than this and could cope if i didnt have 2 kids to look after

It really isn't giving up - it's helping to alleviate withdrawal symptoms.

Edited by AliG

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

11 hours ago, AliG said:

It really isn't giving up - it's helping to alleviate withdrawal symptoms

i didnt mean it like that, I honestly dont know whats best to do, sorry im not thinking straight today, thanks for your time

Edited by AliG

Sorry. I know how hard this is DJ. I think you're doing great - hang in there .:)  Let's see how you are doing in a few more days. Please keep notes on your symptoms.

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/09/2017 at 5:17 PM, AliG said:

Sorry. I know how hard this is DJ. I think you're doing great - hang in there .:)  Let's see how you are doing in a few more days. Please keep notes on your symptoms.

Update:

AliG, want to thank you for encouraging me to power through a bit longer, I would of likely reinstated if it wasn't for that advice and that could of had bad consequences and would of meant me back on the poison,

The last week has been good since I started taking magnesium citrate at night again and I have been getting 6 - 7 hours sleep usually waking once or twice for the toilet,

Been eating ultra healthy and having 2 green smoothies a day full of lots of different organic fruits and vegetables and also mixed nuts in them,

Been doing lots of walking every day also and when time been going for a light swim,

Been meditating at least 20 minutes a day and doing 10 minutes meditation before sleep,

Unfortunately some new symptoms have appeared though, I now have almost constant tinnitus, some times its hardly noticeable, and now have vertigo when I lie down and tilt my head, I did have really bed vertigo shortly after my last dose of venlafaxine in April, it was the same when I would lie down and tilt my head but it was much worse, it went after around 6 weeks, I did not think it had anything to do with the medication as it happened shortly after I had to have my ears syringed due to a wax build up and thought it must just be a bit of damage from that, my doctor also said it would likely be that and would go away with time,

Also since yesterday afternoon my face feels like it is burning, 

These new symptoms I can handle just as long as sleep ok,

My sleeping is my main issue now as well. I have been sleeping from 9pmish to around 2_3am then tossing and turning until I get up around 5am. It takes its tollthats for sure but after reading others stories I am glad to get that much😀 hopefully things will improve for both of us soon but never give up! Some days I know it's easier said than done but you will get through this as we all will😀 have a restful day!

Celexa 40mg on it for approximately14 months weaned off July 5, 2017

Ativan 0.5 mg as needed (2-3 times a week)

• 2 weeks later...

update: not good unfortunately, had 1 half decent nights sleep in the last week, really struggling, losing too much weight now, gone down 2 watch sizes on my fitbit in the last couple months, losing a lot of muscle also especially off my arms, huge black bags under my eyes, looks like I have been punched,

seems like my windows are getting smaller and waves getting longer, supposed to be other way round

i take my magnesium citrate 2 hours before sleep, it does help sometimes but sometimes I find it gives me energy,

any mods think it will be better if I take it in the morning? will it still help with sleep if I take in the morning or will the effects have worn off by night time?

2 hours ago, dj2010 said:

i take my magnesium citrate 2 hours before sleep, it does help sometimes but sometimes I find it gives me energy,

any mods think it will be better if I take it in the morning? will it still help with sleep if I take in the morning or will the effects have worn off by night time?

Hi DJ sorry to hear your symptoms are at you ,try keep focus on your wife arriving .my focus is shifting to be hopefully stable for Christmas .

not great sleep last night also but sun out today I will get out into it .the mods will know more but ive read on the site about dissolving the tablet and sipping through the day ,start small .you've reminded me myself ,I have some iN water here .

I totally respect you  have kids and your busy but try get out for a walk in fresh air every day and shift your thoughts .I was in the uk 2 weeks ago visiting family and I was running around after my 20 month old niece in a wave but I was near a nice beach so lovely walks 

on Monday I was out and I was looking at spiders in there webs along my walking path and picked black berries .

yesterday was a crap day for me but I will work harder today to keep the nasty thoughts  away ,and a good friend gave me a good telling off yesterday about not giving myself a chance and take it day by day .he had serious depression.

keep up the good eating ,try get an avocado  into you everyday [good fats ] 

Take care 

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

1 hour ago, powerback said:

Hi DJ sorry to hear your symptoms are at you ,try keep focus on your wife arriving .my focus is shifting to be hopefully stable for Christmas .

not great sleep last night also but sun out today I will get out into it .the mods will know more but ive read on the site about dissolving the tablet and sipping through the day ,start small .you've reminded me myself ,I have some iN water here .

I totally respect you  have kids and your busy but try get out for a walk in fresh air every day and shift your thoughts .I was in the uk 2 weeks ago visiting family and I was running around after my 20 month old niece in a wave but I was near a nice beach so lovely walks 

on Monday I was out and I was looking at spiders in there webs along my walking path and picked black berries .

yesterday was a crap day for me but I will work harder today to keep the nasty thoughts  away ,and a good friend gave me a good telling off yesterday about not giving myself a chance and take it day by day .he had serious depression.

keep up the good eating ,try get an avocado  into you everyday [good fats ] 

Take care 

PB

thanks for your reply PB, yes I am also hoping to be stable by Christmas, 3 months away so a lot can happen in that time, hopefully for the good,

took some magnesium in water this morning, will see how it effects, sipping throughout the day sounds interesting, hopefully the mods will give some more advice about this,

yes feel sorry for the kids at the moment as I am a terrible father when I am sleep deprived, just fingers crossed that the visa application will be successful this time, then my wife can tend to the children

doing a lot of walking at the moment, not been swimming for a while as last time I went that night I didnt sleep so concerned the chlorine might be effecting me,

I am glad to hear you are getting out into nature, it is very good for the mind, definately try keeping the bad thought away, they will slow your progress a lot,

thanks again and take care

quick update:

started using magnesium in the morning 2 days ago as sometimes it gives me energy and worsens my insomnia, Thursday night I got around 5 and half hours broken sleep,

last night I had my best sleep in probably well over a year, fell asleep on the sofa watching a documentary about 8.15, woke at 9 as it was finishing, went up to bed and meditated for 10 minutes then quickly got back off to sleep,

then slept solid until around 2.20 where i woke and went to the toilet, I then did my usual slowly counting backwards in my head from 1000 and got back to sleep after around 30 minutes of this, then slept until 5.25 my fit bit shows,

so got well over 8 hours sleep in total, woke up feeling fantastic and had a fantastic day, made the most out of it and got a lot of things done,

just treated self and been to a nice restaurant for a meal with my kids and now going to relax and watch some TV,

I can wait until I am healed and every day will be like this

Hi DJ

I was reading your thread and just wanted to offer some commiseration on the bags under the eyes from poor wd sleep.  Mine became really prominent about 5-6 months out in wd after all the s*** sleep (I am 3 1/2 years into wd).  I now have huge double-lined bags under my eyes and look totally hideous.  I have taken to wearing hats with brims to hide my eyes from others.  I feel like a monster and even on days that I feel functional and my mood is ok, all it takes is one look in the mirror to completely ruin my mood.  I looked fine when wd started, but now consider myself disfigured.   I can also relate to what you said about not having the energy to push your kids on the swing when on quitiapine.  I was the same way on olanzapine for years.  anyways, I just want to say "hi" and hope you continue to see some sleep improvement.

Poetjester

Court committed to take Prozac, Paxci, and Respiradol from 8/95 to 3/96.   developed severe akithisia and brain damage.  Was unable to speak and walking in circles 15 hours a day.  Went in for 5 sessions of ECT during a 10 day period in March of '96 and my forced medication was discontinued at that time.  My akithisia and brain damage cleared up within a few days of stopping the meds.

On Zoloft (200 mg) and Zyprexa (17.5 mg) March 1998- Feb 2014

In between was placed on Effexor 200 mg and Abilify for six months in 2004.  Developed mild akithisia which went away once I stopped the Abilify.  Developed severe GI issues in Dec 2001 and from that time on suffered from fatigue and hypersomnia where I would sleep between 12 and 20 hours a day and rarely ever left my apartment. 

Had tapered to 100 mg of Zoloft and 7.5 mg of Zyprexa at the time of going cold turkey Feb. 2014

Went 5 days without sleep at the beginning while vomiting all over my apt.  Had brain zaps for a number of weeks and also lightheadedness which both eventually went away.  However 2 1/2 yrs later I still struggle with insomnia, depression, and fatigue.

10 hours ago, PoetJester said:

Hi DJ

I was reading your thread and just wanted to offer some commiseration on the bags under the eyes from poor wd sleep.  Mine became really prominent about 5-6 months out in wd after all the s*** sleep (I am 3 1/2 years into wd).  I now have huge double-lined bags under my eyes and look totally hideous.  I have taken to wearing hats with brims to hide my eyes from others.  I feel like a monster and even on days that I feel functional and my mood is ok, all it takes is one look in the mirror to completely ruin my mood.  I looked fine when wd started, but now consider myself disfigured.   I can also relate to what you said about not having the energy to push your kids on the swing when on quitiapine.  I was the same way on olanzapine for years.  anyways, I just want to say "hi" and hope you continue to see some sleep improvement.

Poetjester

Hi Poetjester,

Thanks for your message and sorry to hear your sleep is till bad after so long off the meds, from looking on your thread you sound strong so hang in there and I am sure you will eventually see improvement,

i know what you are saying about trying to hide the bags from others, it would be great if there was some sort of cream we could use for this,

take care

• Moderator Emeritus
33 minutes ago, dj2010 said:

trying to hide the bags from others, it would be great if there was some sort of cream we could use for this,

There is.  Fashion models use it.  Haemorrhoid cream.  Google:  "Haemorrhoid cream for eye bags"

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

12 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

There is.  Fashion models use it.  Haemorrhoid cream.  Google:  "Haemorrhoid cream for eye bags"

great stuff, thanks!, will be ordering some

9 hours ago, dj2010 said:

Hi Poetjester,

Thanks for your message and sorry to hear your sleep is till bad after so long off the meds, from looking on your thread you sound strong so hang in there and I am sure you will eventually see improvement,

i know what you are saying about trying to hide the bags from others, it would be great if there was some sort of cream we could use for this,

take care

Yeah, I have at times thought that maybe I could be put in some sort of induced sleep coma for like half a year or something that might reverse all the effects of the sleep deprivation.  It was just something I used to fantasize about as I watched my health get progressively worse from all the shallow fragmented sleep.    

I am on psych med withdrawal facebook page that some members from SA take part in and another member who is doing pretty poorly and was just fired from her job because of cognitive problems brought on by wd, had posted the exact same desire to be put in some sort of coma to reverse what had happened to her from a year of shallow, fragmented sleep.  It was kind of funny how tormented minds think alike.  anyhow.

Court committed to take Prozac, Paxci, and Respiradol from 8/95 to 3/96.   developed severe akithisia and brain damage.  Was unable to speak and walking in circles 15 hours a day.  Went in for 5 sessions of ECT during a 10 day period in March of '96 and my forced medication was discontinued at that time.  My akithisia and brain damage cleared up within a few days of stopping the meds.

On Zoloft (200 mg) and Zyprexa (17.5 mg) March 1998- Feb 2014

In between was placed on Effexor 200 mg and Abilify for six months in 2004.  Developed mild akithisia which went away once I stopped the Abilify.  Developed severe GI issues in Dec 2001 and from that time on suffered from fatigue and hypersomnia where I would sleep between 12 and 20 hours a day and rarely ever left my apartment. 

Had tapered to 100 mg of Zoloft and 7.5 mg of Zyprexa at the time of going cold turkey Feb. 2014

Went 5 days without sleep at the beginning while vomiting all over my apt.  Had brain zaps for a number of weeks and also lightheadedness which both eventually went away.  However 2 1/2 yrs later I still struggle with insomnia, depression, and fatigue.

On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 7:00 PM, dj2010 said:

quick update:

started using magnesium in the morning 2 days ago as sometimes it gives me energy and worsens my insomnia, Thursday night I got around 5 and half hours broken sleep,

last night I had my best sleep in probably well over a year, fell asleep on the sofa watching a documentary about 8.15, woke at 9 as it was finishing, went up to bed and meditated for 10 minutes then quickly got back off to sleep,

then slept solid until around 2.20 where i woke and went to the toilet, I then did my usual slowly counting backwards in my head from 1000 and got back to sleep after around 30 minutes of this, then slept until 5.25 my fit bit shows,

so got well over 8 hours sleep in total, woke up feeling fantastic and had a fantastic day, made the most out of it and got a lot of things done,

just treated self and been to a nice restaurant for a meal with my kids and now going to relax and watch some TV,

Hi DJ this is a great improvement .good for you .great with the counting for sleep ,I'm a documentary man myself ,ile fall asleep listening to it .

magnesium in the morning a good idea .I think its worked against me when taken in the evening .

Take care and keep on your path .

PB

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

On September 30, 2017 at 2:00 PM, dj2010 said:

quick update:

no offence but, if you can manage to go to a restaurant with your kids, relax & fall asleep watching TV ..... then you don't got it bad. you are the opposite of most of us who can't even make it to places let alone social gatherings, can't just watch tv & doze off. that sounds like life before our meds. normal life. so you my friend are in a pretty good space unlike most of us who have aches, pains, mental distortions, major insomnia etc ... 😫

Risperidone - started at 10mg

Decreased to 1mg within the month

Abilify - started at 10mg

Decreased to 1mg

[Oct - Nov 2016]

Continued for approx. 2 - 3 weeks upon psych ward release

Invega injection one time

[Feb 2017]

4 minutes ago, AntiAntiPsychotic said:

no offence but, if you can manage to go to a restaurant with your kids, relax & fall asleep watching TV ..... then you don't got it bad. you are the opposite of most of us who can't even make it to places let alone social gatherings, can't just watch tv & doze off. that sounds like life before our meds. normal life. so you my friend are in a pretty good space unlike most of us who have aches, pains, mental distortions, major insomnia etc ... 😫

yes I agree I am having it quite easy compared to a lot of others, not every day is like this though unfortunately as can be seen from my previous posts, I tried many tapers for around 4 years trying to get off seroquel and failed every time, was bed ridden for days after each cut, luckily turmeric has worked wonders for me, if you havent tried it yet than I suggest you give it a try to see if helps, 

take care

update,

things not great but surviving,

Ive been keeping a sleep record,

Saturday 30th Sept: 5 and half hours broken sleep

Sunday 1st Oct: 5 hours solid sleep

Monday 2nd Oct: 5 and half hours solid sleep

Tuesday 3rd Oct: had bad reaction to sweet potatoes, very similar to reaction from CBD oil, extreme panic, weird almost out of body experience, I think derealisation, panic for 3 hours, called family as was so concerned, took 2mg diazapem and a melatonin, calmed after 3 - 4 hours and slept for 2 hours,

Wednesday 4th Oct: ill all day and anxiety high, ate nothing, surprisingly slept for over 7 hours waking up 3 - 4 times,

Thursday 5th Oct: slept for 3 and half hours waking twice, daughter is ill with cold and cough, woke me up crying at 12.30am, had to give her medicine etc, couldn't sleep after, been awake since, feeling tired and worn but also feeling quite calm with no anxiety

DJ. It's a good idea to keep a sleep record particularly if that's your worst and most troublesome symptom. It looks pretty good overall but I'm sorry that you had the panic for 3 hours. That can be rough. Did you use any non- drug tools to help you get through this?

I noticed you took 2 mg Diazepam. What is your schedule? I thought you were completely off, but maybe you still take it when needed: prn , which is ok. Would you mind adding that to your signature as it's still relevant and impacts your situation.

I think we have a Tumeric thread. Maybe, you could add your experience with this supplement to the thread. That would be great as I'm hearing so many good things about it at the moment but of course I'm always tentative. That's as it should be ~ in withdrawal , it pays to be EXTREMELY careful with supplements. Always, start low and work your way up incrementally one at a time.

It's great to see you doing a little better. I hope it keeps up  - well done.

8 minutes ago, AliG said:

DJ. It's a good idea to keep a sleep record particularly if that's your worst and most troublesome symptom. It looks pretty good overall but I'm sorry that you had the panic for 3 hours. That can be rough. Did you use any non- drug tools to help you get through this?

I noticed you took 2 mg Diazepam. What is your schedule? I thought you were completely off, but maybe you still take it when needed: prn , which is ok. Would you mind adding that to your signature as it's still relevant and impacts your situation.

I think we have a Tumeric thread. Maybe, you could add your experience with this supplement to the thread. That would be great as I'm hearing so many good things about it at the moment but of course I'm always tentative. That's as it should be ~ in withdrawal , it pays to be EXTREMELY careful with supplements. Always, start low and work your way up incrementally one at a time.

It's great to see you doing a little better. I hope it keeps up  - well done.

hi AliG, thanks for your reply,

yes during those 3 hours I tried my best with non drug tools, i tried meditation but gave up quickly as was in too much of mess, I ran my head under cold water for a while as I was overheating, I then lay on my bed with a fan full blast on me, I was shivering but the coldness helped with the anxiety, i used to sit curled up in a cold shower when i used to have panic attacks many years ago, something about being cold helps my anxiety,

yes i had to take 2mg diazepam unfortunately, i am not taking at all at the moment but I was in such a mess and the out of body experience made me terrified, i hope to not use it again,

I will do a post on the turmeric thread and will update my signature over the next few days as struggling to think properly today,

take care

couple of question for mods, having a really bad insomnia and barely functional, please note insomnia is my only symptom, now been almost 6 months since last venlafaxine dose and approx 7 - 8 - months off seroquel,

1) I know you say its risky reinstating, but how risky is it reinstating a tiny amount of say 2 - 3 mg? would it be a case of just feeling a little worse and then stopping?

2) if i reinstate and and i do have a reaction and need to stop will it ruin the last 6 months of any healing and I will have to start again?

thanks for your patience with me, my family have lost patience now as they keep having to look after my children, they keep telling me to go to the doctor etc,

• 1 month later...

update, this is quite lengthy, will try do 1 update a month from now

its now exactly 7 months since last dose of venlafaxine and around 8 - 9 months since last dose of seroquel

I think im through the worst of it now, there has been a lot of improvements over the last few weeks, i am feeling much less sensitive, normal things that would usually stress me out i am handling much easier, and I have been doing normal things like days out with kids etc,  for example today got tickets booked to go and see the new Padington bear movie and then going to pizza hut afterwards, 

yesterday i went to have a flu jab as think getting full blown flu would set me back massively, I was expecting some sort of reaction or at least getting zero sleep but it doesn't seem to have affected me at all except for a bit sore where i had the injection, so happy i went for it

things that have improved are:

- tinnitus and vertigo which appeared a couple of months ago, both went around a month ago at exact same time, tinnitus kept coming back slightly when was under stress but has now completely gone for the last few weeks,

- right eye twitching which appeared for a couple of months has now completely gone, been gone for a few weeks now

- libido came back once I was completely off seroquel and at the end of my venlafaxine taper, but last few weeks it has skyrocketed and seems to be at same level when was teenager before went on meds

- appetite has come back very strong over the last 3 weeks and im eating around 4 meals a day plus snacks, even on days with little sleep it is still strong, put on around 3kg over last few weeks, aim is to put on another 10kg,

- anxiety is non existent at the moment, even on days with poor sleep

- mood is a lot better, im a lot less irritable and lots more patience with kids

- sleep has improved but still not great, below is my sleep log from 5th Oct since I last posted my sleep log

6th Oct  - couldnt sleep so took 2mg slow release melatonin - 5 1/2 hours waking twice

7th Oct - couldnt sleep so took 6mg diazepem + 1mg slow release melatonin - 5 hours sleep

8th Oct - 4 - hours very broken waking every hour

9th Oct - 7 1/2 hours waking 3 times

10th Oct - 5 and half hours waking twice

11th Oct - 5 and half hours waking twice

12th Oct - 6 1/2 hours broken

13th Oct - 6 hours solid !! then couple hours of light snoozing

14th Oct - 7 hours waking 4 times

15th Oct - 6 hours waking twice

16th Oct - 7 hours waking 4 times

17th Oct - 7 hours waking twice

18th Oct - couldnt sleep so took 1 melatonin and then got 6 1/2 hours broken

19th Oct - 7 1/2 hours waking twice

20th Oct - got very bad cold/flu type bug, couldnt sleep, took 2mg slow release melatonin didnt work, took 6 mg diazepem, slept 2 hours

21st Oct - 5 hours very broken sleep

22nd Oct - 7 1/2 hours waking twice

23rd Oct - 5 hours solid

24th Oct - 5 1/2 hours waking twice

25th Oct - 6 3/4 hours waking twice

26th Oct - couldnt sleep took 2mg slow release melatonin, didnt work so took 50mg Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride and got 5 hours

27th Oct - couldnt sleep so took 1mg slow release melatonin, slept 5 hours broken

28th Oct - couldnt sleep so took 1mg slow release melatonin, didn work so took 25mg Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, slept 4 hours 20 mins

29th Oct -  4  3/4 hours broken

30th Oct - 4 hours broken

31st Oct - 6 hours waking twice

1st Nov -  6 hours waking twice

2nd Nov - 6 1/2 hours, 5 solid then extra 1 1/2

3rd Nov - 7 hours solid !!! + extra 45 mins (world record)

4th Nov - 5 hours 20 mins solid

5th Nov - 6 hours waking twice

6th Nov - 7 1/2 hours waking 3 - 4 times

7th Nov - 5 1/2 hours waking twice

8th Nov - 7 hours 20 mins waking twice

9th Nov - 6 1/2 hours waking 3 times (unusual amount of dreams)

10th Nov- 7 3/4 hours waking 3 times

Thanks for reading

5 hours ago, powerback said:

Good for you DJ on your progress and recovery .keep up the good work .

PB

thanks PB, stay strong and positive buddy

• 5 weeks later...

update, its now exactly 8 months since last dose of venlafaxine and around 9 - 10 months since last dose of seroquel,

I am 100% having windows and waves and its happening just like it says it happens throughout this site, shortly after my last update I went into a wave which lasted quite long, as always I was starting to question whether it was a wave or if that was now the new normal but I remained positive and told myself I will soon be back into a window and soon enough I was back into a new beautiful window which I have been in since which is just over 2 weeks,

During my last wave my eyesight got very bad, my long distance has been deteriorating a lot over the last few months, its a lot worse during waves and gets a lot better during windows, I went to the opticians to get a eye test and was fearing the worse, I had the test and was told my eyesight had actually improved since my last test which was done before withdrawal and was given some new weaker prescription glasses which I use for driving only, I explained to the optician about the withdrawal and he told me the reason why my long distance is very blurry is because of all that is going on inside my brain and the poor sleep, he said my eye muscles will not be working as they should but assured me once my brain has levelled out and I am sleeping good again my eye muscles will start working properly and my vision will return to normal, I was very shock but came out with big weight off shoulders,

My wife was finally issued a visa a couple of weeks ago and arrived on Friday so I now have backup with kids so not too worried now about going into the next wave, been over a year of battling to get the visa so one big stressor gone now,

As I came out of my last wave and into a new window my overactive bladder is a lot better, I am no longer having to pee every 15 minutes, it seems there is some healing going on while in the waves as every time come into a window there are new things healed, maybe during waves the brain shuts down and focuses all energy on healing,

Below is my sleep log for the last month

11th Nov 6 and half hours waking 3 time

12th Nov 5 1/2 - 6 hours waking 4 times

13th Nov 5 1/2 very broken

14th Nov 6 hours (5 solid)

15th Nov couldn't sleep took 1mg melatonin and 25mg Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, got 3 1/2 hours broken

16th Nov couldnt sleep took 2mg melatonin and 50mg Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, got 3 hours

17th Nov couldnt sleep took 1mg melatonin, got 5 hours very broken

18th Nov 5 hours waking every hour

19th Nov 5 1/2 hours waking 3 times

10th Nov couldnt sleep took 2mg melatonin and 50mg Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, got 5 1/2 hours waking once

21st Nov  couldnt sleep took 50mg Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, got 6 3/4 hours very broken

22nd Nov 5 hours very broken

23 rd Nov couldnt sleep took 2 paracetamol, got 4 hours

24th Nov 5 and 1/2 hours (4 3/4 hours of that solid)

25th Nov 8 1/2 hours waking 3 times (6 of that solid)

26th Nov 6 1/2 hours waking 3 times

27th Nov 7 1/2 hours waking 3 times

28th Nov 5 1/2 waking twice

29th Nov 6 3/4 waking 3 times

30th Nov 6 hours waking 2 times

1st Dec 7 hours waking twice

2nd Dec 7 hours waking 3 times

3rd Dec 6 hours waking twice

4th Dec 7 hours waking 3 times

5th Dec 6 hours waking once

6th Dec 6 1/2 waking 3 times

7th Dec 5 1/4 waking twice

8th Dec 3 hours waking once (wife arrived, very late pickup from airport, was expectng no sleep so happy with the 3 hours)

9th Dec over 8 hours but very broken

10th Dec 6 1/2 waking 3 times

@dj2010

Nice to hear about the improvements.

08/13 - 01/14
Olanzapine, petril MD (Clonazepam ), Dicorate ER (divalproex). Soza 10 (Zolpidem)

02/14 - 05/14
Flunil ​20mg , Divaa OD 250 mg(divalproex), Amisulpride 50mg (1-0-2), zolfresh 5 mg , Quetiapine
05/14 - 08/14 Venlafaxine 75 xr ( 1-0-1), zapiz 0.25
10/14 Zaptra 12.5mg , Oxetol xr 150mg (0-0-1)
11/14 - 08/15
Paris CR 25 (paroxetine) , Oxetol xr 600 mg (0-0-1), nitrest 5mg , Quetiapine for a month.
09/15-11 Venlafaxine XR 75 ( 1-0-1), Mirtazipine 15, Respiredal 0.5, Lamitor 25, zillion 10.
12/15-02/16 Off Meds (C.T)

03/16-Mid April Sertraline, Aripropazole, Quetiapine, Etizolam.

After that : CT and on OTC supplements (Roadback), now on Ayurveda
  • 1 month later...

Update, it is now 9 months since last dose of venlafaxine and 10 - 11 months since last dose of seroquel

I am still in a window from my last update!, so now been in a window for over 6 weeks, I have been living life quite normal as been getting enough sleep most nights to be fully functional, sleep is still far from normal though but there has been improvements,

things seem to have improved more since i have been having epsom salt baths every night, I am finding it much quicker to get to sleep, usually only taking 10 minutes to sleep when i try, I am usually in bed by 7.30 - 8pm and then i watch a bit of TV, usually a documentary, this helps me relax a lot and a lot of times i fall asleep watching, have a timer on tv incase i do fall asleep watching,

been putting 500g - 1kg of epsom salt in bath every night, for anyone in the UK, you can get 20kg epsom salt for £16 here:  https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01CXJ8WWI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

sleep is still very broken, usually waking 3 times during the night, I can usually get back to sleep very quickly in a few minutes unless i wake after 2.30am and then it is a struggle, it sometimes takes a few hours to get back to sleep and sometimes dont get anymore sleep then,

comparing my sleep log to last month it shows i am getting many more 7 and 8 hour sleeps and I have only had to use sleep aids on 3 nights compared to last month where I had to use them on 6 nights, I had a flu bug over new year which made sleep much more difficult, if didnt have flu bug then wouldnt of needed sleep aids for 2 of the nights,

also had to use sleep aids and unfortunately diazepem on christmas eve, (havent used diazepem for around 3 months before that) was waiting for my kids to sleep so i could put out all presents and fill their stockings etc but they would not sleep as excited so it got to very late until they slept, it wasnt until around 10.30pm and that was well after my usually 9pm sleep time, when i tried to sleep at around 11pm I couldnt and was also under pressure as knew I would be seeing family not seen in long time xmas day and knew I needed a good sleep to be able to deal with it, this pressure made it impossible, so took melatonin and that didnt work so took 25mg Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, that didnt work took 4mg diazepem, still didnt work so took another 4mg diazepem and slept 5 and half hours solid, woke up xmas day and very surprisingly I felt ok, I even managed to go on my planned xmas day morning run but found it difficult as not much energy,

been focusing on nutrition a lot, in mornings having a fresh juice made from beetroots, carrots, leek and apple, (beetroot juice is ultimate blood cleanser)

mid morning having a green smoothie made from, banana, apple, carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, cucumber, blueberries, with a couple spoons of omega seed mix (flax, pumpkin, chia etc) with some peanut butter also and orange juice in,

been using this juicer which is excellent and quite cheap: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aicok-Masticating-Extractor-Function-Vegetable/dp/B01M9GDTPJ/ref=sr_1_6?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1515668124&sr=1-6&keywords=juicer

afternoon been having a fresh juice made from cabbage and carrots, cabbage juice supposed to be the best thing to protect against any stomach problems  : https://www.livestrong.com/article/510151-benefits-and-side-effects-of-cabbage-juice/

choosing organic fruits and veg when available

also been making my own bone broths, its quite simple to do, just put bones in slow cooker and fill with water and then leave for 24 hours, I bought a load of bones from this place:  https://www.greenpasturefarms.co.uk/grass-fed-stock-bones#.Wlc7nZOFjBI 

been exercising a lot, I am still walking for 1 - 2 hours every day and have started swimming again and even running, very happy that I am able to do these things again as they boost my mood a lot

put on quite a bit more much needed weight, I am now just over 75 kg (11.9 stone), a few months ago when withdrawal was at its worse I was 67kg (10.6 stone), aim to put on another 8 kg,

another big improvement is that i am able to enjoy video games again, shortly after I started my taper over 1 and half years ago I lost all interest and enjoyment in playing video games which i used to do a lot in my spare time, at the time I thought it must be a age thing and that I had grown out of playing them, I then sold my playstation and all games, it wasnt until i found this site that I realised it was anhedonia, anyway I bought my kids the new nintendo for xmas and bought myself the new zelda game to see if I was able to enjoy playing again and i have been playing it in my spare time and fully enjoying it,

my eyesight improved a lot and long distance was much sharper until i got the flu bug and then it went blurry again, it seems to be improving again slowly over the last week

below is my sleep log for the last month

11th Dec -    7 1/2 hours waking 4 times

12 Dec -    6 1/2 hours waking 3 times

13 Dec -    6 1/2 hours waking 3 times

14 Dec -    7 1/4 hours waking 3 times

15 Dec -    7 hours waking twice

16 Dec -    8 1/2 hours waking 4 times

17 Dec -    7 1/4 hours waking 3 times

18 Dec -    6 1/2 hours waking twice

19 Dec -    7 1/2 hours waking 3 times

20 Dec -   6 hours 20 mins waking once

21 Dec -   8 hours waking 3 times

22 Dec -    5 hours waking twice (disturbed by kids middle of night)

23 Dec -    7 3/4 hours waking 3 times

24 Dec couldn't sleep  took 2 melatonin, still couldnt sleep took 25mg Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride, still couldnt so took 4mg diazepem, still couldnt took another 4mg and slept 5 and half hours solid

25 Dec -   6 1/2 hours waking 3 times

26 Dec -    5 hours waking 5 times

27 Dec -    6 1/2 waking twice

28 Dec -    7 3/4 hours waking twice

29 Dec -    8 hours waking 4 times (starting with flu type bug, struggling to breath in bed as nose blocked)

30 Dec -    6 hours waking 3 times, tried glycine not much success, had to take 1 tynel pm at 1am to get back to sleep, still flu type bug

31 Dec -    5 hours waking twice, woke by fireworks at 12 and struggling to breath as flu bug

1 Jan -    6 1/2 hours waking once, took 2 tynel pm as couldnt sleep as got flu bug

2 Jan -    4 3/4 hours waking twice, full of flu bug

3 Jan -    6 1/2 hours waking 3 times

4 Jan -    8 hours waking twice

5 Jan -    7 hours waking 3 times

6 Jan -    7 hours waking twice

7 Jan over 8 hours waking 4 times

8 Jan -    6 1/2 hours waking 2 times

9 Jan -   7 1/4 hours waking twice

10 Jan -   6 hours waking once

Brilliant update DJ good on ye at this rate youl be a success story  .I'm so jealous your off the dreaded venlafaxine ,your inspiring me so thanks .

I'm totally with you on the smoothies.you must be letting off serious methane :D.I cut back on mine because I would clear out an airport 20 minutes after taking it :D.the Christmas is a serious challenge for us but we get there in the end .I didn't have flu like yourself but I was very tired and only had 2 hikes over Christmas but I got one in with my sister before she went home ,witch was lovely .

I have started sprouting seeds [broccoli].I treated myself to a germinator for Christmas and there nearly ready to eat .much more cheaper than buying and   packed with nutrition so they say on nutrionfacts.org anyhow .

Keep up the great work.

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

Just wanted to check in dj. Read your thread, and I'm another who abused MDMA and other drugs, which lead to anxiety, which lead to medications. Sometimes feel MDMA is the thing that messed me up the most.

Your story gives me optimism though. You are definitely healing.

Current daily meds. Citalopram 2.5mg morning. Diazapam 1.5mg evening, Propanalol 40mg split 4x10mg throughout day.

Recent meds. Fluoxetine 20mg began 24th Nov 2017, CT on 4th December on medical advice due to bad Akathisia. Citalopram 10mg began on 13th Dec 2017, tapered to 2.5mg by 20th Dec 2017 on medical advice. Diazapam 2mg began on 6th Dec 2017 cut to 1.5 mg on 26th Dec. Propanalol 40mg began on 13th Dec. Zopiclone 3.75 mg began 13th December, used maybe 5 times then quit.

Previous history. Tricyclics, Fluoxetine or Citalopram for periods of 6mo to 2yrs over last 25 years. Probably 5 yrs in total. No significant ill effects.

28 minutes ago, powerback said:

Brilliant update DJ good on ye at this rate youl be a success story  .I'm so jealous your off the dreaded venlafaxine ,your inspiring me so thanks .

I'm totally with you on the smoothies.you must be letting off serious methane :D.I cut back on mine because I would clear out an airport 20 minutes after taking it :D.the Christmas is a serious challenge for us but we get there in the end .I didn't have flu like yourself but I was very tired and only had 2 hikes over Christmas but I got one in with my sister before she went home ,witch was lovely .

I have started sprouting seeds [broccoli].I treated myself to a germinator for Christmas and there nearly ready to eat .much more cheaper than buying and   packed with nutrition so they say on nutrionfacts.org anyhow .

Keep up the great work.

thanks PB, yes aiming to write a success story by the end of this year, if it doesn't happen then I am certain it will be next year, this was the 1st xmas drug free since I was a teenager, it was lovely and to be able to enjoy it again. Keep up them hikes buddy, they will be doing you the world of good and good on you for growing the broccoli, probably the most healthiest vegetable, nice little hobby that also, will take mind off withdrawal for a while,

cheers

25 minutes ago, kesh said:

Just wanted to check in dj. Read your thread, and I'm another who abused MDMA and other drugs, which lead to anxiety, which lead to medications. Sometimes feel MDMA is the thing that messed me up the most.

Your story gives me optimism though. You are definitely healing.

yeh the amphetamine use really messed me up, not touched that in a very long time now, probably over 10 years, and will never touch it again

thanks for reading and take care