street129: hi

street129

5 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

Street, it is against SA rules to ask about new drugs.  It is called "drug shopping".  Someone might suggest something for you to take and it might be dangerous for you.  If you are asking about a non-drug supplement that is a bit different but you still need to be cautious about following someone's suggestion.

See from "What will get you warned or banned":

chessiecat , I mean no harm or want any bad ways with you I am terrible in wording my thoughts and wish I could  express myself more like you do.

Thanks for bringing not being clear with my choice of words to my attention. 

So sorry for the confusion, I needed to be more clear when I said drugs

I should have said OTC sleep supplements like ones in the drug stores that are available to buy.

Any sleep supplements that anyone may have used and helped in the pass tremendously with their sleep is what I should have said. Omg reading it back it sound so much better.

I do not grasps things very easily 

All around my health is poor and with WD I just want to get better.

You are absolutely right about the suggestions I might get on other sleep supplements. Thanks you Chessiecat. 

I am afraid of hard drugs.or any kind

As soon as I can get back stable, i

want to continue reading your story, it is Soo interesting.

I never had this in2020, I am not sure of my symptoms with my WD, I sometime feel a very very light warm in my skin,  but it would return much, much warmer that it cofuse me to where I get sad.

O/T. 

Since I've learned that I have narrowing of my spinal cord, during the month of Febuary 2021, I've been going therapy once a week, I try to stay clear of trains and stairs, if I do have to take the train, boy oh boy coming up the stairs my left hip/side pays the price, after coming out the traint the pain can be so bad, it can shoot down to my toe,  I get this on one side only, I feel the pain as I walk. but going therapy helped the pain decreases a lot that it goes away and not so bad.

I don't have my pain in my leg much, but I know it's there

Sleeping on that side is a no-no.

JOINED THIS BOARD AUGUST 27, 2017

250mg trazodone

250mg   Aug 21, 2017  tapering before I found SA

200mg -  Aug 21, 2017 to Aug 25, 2017 tapering before found SA

225mg -  Aug 26, 2017  updose holding

November 26, 2017. I reinstated my original dose of 250mg  trazodone..planning on holding for a very long time. No more withdrawal

June 14, 2020  at 10% 507  My first start of my trazodone 250mg  taper

6/16/20  90 mgai    7/26/20   81 mgai    9/6/20  72 mg ai 10/17/20- updose to 77 mgai  11/11/20- updose to 81 mgai  

5 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

I appreciate this, i love this, this is wonderful of you chessiecat

I will read and see how and what to apply.

Thanh you, thank you 

250mg trazodone

November 26, 2017. I reinstated my original dose of 250mg  trazodone..planning on holding for a very long time. No more withdrawal

6/16/20  90 mgai    7/26/20   81 mgai    9/6/20  72 mg ai 10/17/20- updose to 77 mgai  11/11/20- updose to 81 mgai  

• Moderator Emeritus
7 hours ago, street129 said:

O/T. 

Since I've learned that I have narrowing of my spinal cord, during the month of Febuary 2021, I've been going therapy once a week, I try to stay clear of trains and stairs, if I do have to take the train, boy oh boy coming up the stairs my left hip/side pays the price, after coming out the traint the pain can be so bad, it can shoot down to my toe,  I get this on one side only, I feel the pain as I walk. but going therapy helped the pain decreases a lot that it goes away and not so bad.

I don't have my pain in my leg much, but I know it's there

Sleeping on that side is a no-no.

I have narrowing of the spinal cord as well as a bulging disc in my lower back, and tears in the meniscus of the left knee.  Most of my issues affect my left leg.

I sleep with a pillow between my legs.  Actually a pillow and a cushion.  Rectangle and a square.  Which I can adjust so I can get comfortable.

I also do regular physiotherapy strengthening and stretching exercises.  This has helped a lot.  My program of strengthening is for different areas of the body.  It is very important to strengthen the gluteal muscles (glutes) in the buttocks and the core muscles in the middle of the body (not the stomach).  When I started I was exercising every day, now I only need to do them every 2 of 3 days to maintain my strength.

It is important to learn exercises that you can do at home because it is something that you will have to keep doing.  I hope that your therapist is teaching you the things that you can do yourself.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

• Administrator
12 hours ago, street129 said:

but going therapy helped the pain decreases a lot that it goes away and not so bad.

That's good news, @street129

On 10/3/2021 at 8:36 PM, street129 said:

I'm now only on prednisolone acetate 1% till the 6th of October.  at 3 times a day

on the 7th till the 13th----2  times a day

and from the 14th till the 20th 1 times a day. Then I'm all finish them all.

Why did you start this steroid? What effect did it have on you? Did you have any symptoms after going off?

Please update your signature.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

On 11/2/2021 at 11:34 PM, Altostrata said:

That's good news, @street129

Why did you start this steroid? What effect did it have on you? Did you have any symptoms after going off?

Please update your signature.

Thanks Alto

I have not been on in a while. Sorry

I had eye surgery cataract removal. In the end of September the Dr put me on eye drops following my eye surgery. 3 different eye drops

I'm not sure if the eye drops are the cause of WD. But as I kept using the drops as the Dr instructed me to.  The following day after surgery and using the eye drops I got WD and still do as of November 4. 2021.

But a week earlier in the month before my eye surgery at the end of the month and using the eye drops. I had experience WD and just as it came it went away.  Because of that one week when I had the WD there's no known cause.

I really don't know why it happened that one day.

this seems unexplained.

would this called for a slight updose like a 3 percent?

My main concerned is warm heat. The warm heat also came that first week.. that's how I knew I was in WD.

I appreciate your time and your brilliant mind.

Ive been trying since last year on my signature but I would always get a message ...

I don't know what the problem is but I'll keep trying and get at it. I have a laptop.

250mg trazodone

• Administrator

Yes, steroids can cause a flare of withdrawal symptoms. 

Can you ask your doctor if there are other types of eye drops you can use because you're having an adverse reaction to these?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

On 11/2/2021 at 6:19 PM, ChessieCat said:

I have narrowing of the spinal cord as well as a bulging disc in my lower back, and tears in the meniscus of the left knee.  Most of my issues affect my left leg.

I sleep with a pillow between my legs.  Actually a pillow and a cushion.  Rectangle and a square.  Which I can adjust so I can get comfortable.

I also do regular physiotherapy strengthening and stretching exercises.  This has helped a lot.  My program of strengthening is for different areas of the body.  It is very important to strengthen the gluteal muscles (glutes) in the buttocks and the core muscles in the middle of the body (not the stomach).  When I started I was exercising every day, now I only need to do them every 2 of 3 days to maintain my strength.

It is important to learn exercises that you can do at home because it is something that you will have to keep doing.  I hope that your therapist is teaching you the things that you can do yourself.

Saw my therapist yesterday she does the buttocks, hip, lower back, and different exercise. I also do the bike for 15 minutes and increases it a little more when I go.  She has not interduced me to working at home. I will ask her about that next visit. Or she might not be ready to as yet.  I only go once a week cause I see someone for my left shoulder.

I used to also go for my right knee I fell about a year ago in the streets ambulance came according to my MRI I tore my meniscus..it's ok now but acts up. So I would just wrap it when pain comes 

We have too much in common that's something 

I havent been on in a while.

250mg trazodone

3 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Yes, steroids can cause a flare of withdrawal symptoms. 

Can you ask your doctor if there are other types of eye drops you can use because you're having an adverse reaction to these?

I do have a lot of symptoms,  nausea on and off, warmed in skin. Off balance, vision not vocusing. It is a lot.

When I have taper WD in the pass I do not have these symptoms.

I only experience warmth in my skin.

I'm so Sorry if I didn't explain my self as best as I should have,  about my eye surgery.  I'm Soo soo sorry.

Some of the members on here like my lovely manymoretodays. my beautiful frogie and a couple of the ones I have met. They had me talk with my Dr about reducing the length of my dose. I was suppose to be on it until September 20th 2021 I talk to my eye Dr and she took me off with a decrease for just 4 days. She had me stop in September 11th.

I no longer taking eye drops. 

I'm also a month and almost 2 weeks in withdrawal as of today November 4th 2021.

250mg trazodone

• Administrator

When did you last use the eye drops? How have your symptoms changed since then?

• Moderator Emeritus
On 10/31/2021 at 8:04 AM, street129 said:

What's the different between wave and withdrawal, I thought it's one of the same.

Hi street129,

And good for you, it sounds like you are going very careful and cautious with the teas, and things you are trying to cope with your symptoms now.

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization  just refers to what we often go through on the way to healing from WD(withdrawal)

And well withdrawal is withdrawal. 

I think a lot of what you are going through now is related to being sensitive to recent medications used.  And it's okay to term that as withdrawal.   As you are having some similar symptoms and some new symptoms during and after your usage of antibiotic and steroid eye gtts.

Nice to have the cataract surgery behind you now.  AND I hope it has improved your vision.

For me I have concluded that some of what I deal with now, IS related to the past use of psychotropics(drugs like your Trazodone), and some is just stuff that I need to find new and better coping for.  I am always having to shift my non-drug skill set a bit, or rebuild up supports that I have isolated from.  So maybe I'm just splitting hairs, as that that I don't refer to everything now as WD, does not mean anyone else has to.  Me, I am trying to move into a life beyond now.....is all.  Definitely still healing, thank goodness.

I hope that clarifies that.

Be well street129......let us heal further and be well.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

On 11/4/2021 at 10:19 PM, Altostrata said:

When did you last use the eye drops? How have your symptoms changed since then?

I have last used the eye drops September 11th 2021 as directed by the eye Dr.

As of November 6, 2021 there has been no change in symptoms since stopping the eye drops, I'm very much experiencing warmth in skin, fatigue, unbalance. temors,  mild headache on and off. Vision changes trying to focus, on and off.

Also I would like to bring to your attention.

In 2020 I started my Very First taper wrong, I started tapering from 100mg of trazodone instead of 250mg of my trazodone.

During the time it was brought to my attention that I'm not tapering from 250mg of trazodone, that I'm tapering from 100mg of trazodone  and got stable at 81mg.

I feel this could also be the problem of my sudden wd in early September before taking my eye drops in late September.

I want to include everything that could be a Possibility.

I don't know if any connection of me in wd right now is due to my starting tapering wrong at 81mg of trazodone in 2020 instead my correct tapering of 250mg of trazodone?

That's a big 170mg differences. I'm including this as a possibility of my now wd, I really don't know. 

If its a possibility .....I'm open going forward.

250mg trazodone

On 11/6/2021 at 2:27 PM, manymoretodays said:

Hi street129,

And good for you, it sounds like you are going very careful and cautious with the teas, and things you are trying to cope with your symptoms now.

The Windows and Waves Pattern of Stabilization  just refers to what we often go through on the way to healing from WD(withdrawal)

And well withdrawal is withdrawal. 

I think a lot of what you are going through now is related to being sensitive to recent medications used.  And it's okay to term that as withdrawal.   As you are having some similar symptoms and some new symptoms during and after your usage of antibiotic and steroid eye gtts.

Nice to have the cataract surgery behind you now.  AND I hope it has improved your vision.

For me I have concluded that some of what I deal with now, IS related to the past use of psychotropics(drugs like your Trazodone), and some is just stuff that I need to find new and better coping for.  I am always having to shift my non-drug skill set a bit, or rebuild up supports that I have isolated from.  So maybe I'm just splitting hairs, as that that I don't refer to everything now as WD, does not mean anyone else has to.  Me, I am trying to move into a life beyond now.....is all.  Definitely still healing, thank goodness.

I hope that clarifies that.

Be well street129......let us heal further and be well.

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

hi my friend,

I notice when I used one of the teas, there are other teas added within the tea that has mgs

Teas such as passionflower 425mg, lemonbalm 420mg,. Chamomile 400mg,

I also notice when I sipped the tea about 5-6 sips, the warmth in my skin decreases to the point as it disappears, but by mid day it returns. 

250mg trazodone

• Administrator
9 hours ago, street129 said:

got stable at 81mg.

You have been stable for a long time. Did you change your trazodone dosing recently?

On 11/7/2021 at 11:49 PM, Altostrata said:

You have been stable for a long time. Did you change your trazodone dosing recently?

Alto 

I take little breaks from the forum, I don't want you to think I will ever ignore your posts. They are to important to me.

No I did not change my trazodone dose,  I held at 81mg since November 2020 once I came out of wd.

I'm now holding while I'm in wd.

I would like to bring to your attention that for the past 2 weeks I've decided to go the herbal tea route, along with  my 81mg trazodone 1 hour apart of each other. The Tea at 10;30pm and trazodone at 12am

When I first started the tea I got about 4-5 hours sleep, the teas consist of different brands,  like chamoline, sleepy time, valerin roots etc.

By the second week even thou I take different onces my sleep hours are now 1-2 hours, I don't know if these teas are stimulating my nervous system, which might be not a good.

Melatonin at .50mg has completely stop working for me, I didn't try any higher dose.

I was told to take ginger ale for nauseousness, I was taking it, but I decided to stop cause I will not know if that symptom is going away from my withdrawal or it's from drinking the ale. 

My symptoms still as of right now consist of warmth, insomnia, vision focusing, headache of and on, body shake on and off, right now I don't have nauseousness, I don't know at this time if it's from drinking ale.

I had some ale yesterday. 

O/T

I also has sinus problem I  had Balloon sinuplasty in 2019. 

Since the summer of 2021 I found myself inserting a Vicks inhaler up in my nose to breath and use to fall asleep with the inhaler in my nose, after I got wd in September 2021,  I decided to stop putting the inhaler up in my nose on a daily basis.

I did saw my ENT Dr last week that did my surgery but all looks good

He advice not to insert.

250mg trazodone

• Moderator Emeritus
8 hours ago, street129 said:

chamoline, sleepy time, valerin roots

Just because something is natural it doesn't mean that it is safe.  Especially if you are taking a prescription drug.

It's a good idea to do a search for discussions on SA regarding anything new you take, before you take them.

valerian-root - Please read Post #1

From Post #2 of herbal-teas-camomile-ginger-mint-etc-what-helps-you

On 6/20/2011 at 1:00 AM, Punarbhava said:

Chamomile may increase the amount of drowsiness caused by some drugs. Examples include benzodiazepines, such as lorazepam (Ativan); barbiturates, such as phenobarbital; narcotics, such as codeine; and alcohol. Caution is advised while driving or operating machinery.

Sometimes when you take too much of a sedating drug it can have a paradoxical reaction.  This is when the drugs/supplements have the opposite effect, which in this can would be your body trying to keep you awake, and alive, instead of calming and sleep.

For Sleepy Time, please do a search for individual ingredients.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

On 11/7/2021 at 11:49 PM, Altostrata said:

Hi Alto,

You're correct,  I've been happily holding at 81mg  trazodone and was at peace for 10 months.

I still have the symptoms. 

Herbal teas is not best for us on the forum, I have stop them.

I been afraid to come to the forum because of fear that I might not get back stable, also being in wd there's not much anyone can do. Never the less I need to be more present to be able to get real time advice and not be so afraid. 

Tonight, Sunday I will try .25mg of melotonin for sleep. 

My sleep is very bad. Feeling not very alert and sluggish.

I appreciate your help and guidance and the help you give us

250mg trazodone

On 11/10/2021 at 5:55 PM, ChessieCat said:

Just because something is natural it doesn't mean that it is safe.  Especially if you are taking a prescription drug.

It's a good idea to do a search for discussions on SA regarding anything new you take, before you take them.

valerian-root - Please read Post #1

From Post #2 of herbal-teas-camomile-ginger-mint-etc-what-helps-you

Sometimes when you take too much of a sedating drug it can have a paradoxical reaction.  This is when the drugs/supplements have the opposite effect, which in this can would be your body trying to keep you awake, and alive, instead of calming and sleep.

For Sleepy Time, please do a search for individual ingredients.

thanks for this chessiecat, you might seem hard on us but it's for our own good and for what this forum is for and about, I'm amazed the things you find, I'm not internet Savage. 

I love how you can break things down for us, Thanks.

I have read the links and then some.

I felt when I started the different teas 2 weeks ago, it would affect my brains that's why I only would sipped no more than 6-7 sip then if I wake up I'll sip a little to get back to sleep.

I felt it was stimulating and there was other herbs with valerin that I felt was too much, and I only took valerin twice, and never a full cup with any of them.

Took sleepy time once, it didn't help, I got rid of it.

Chamomile lavender was mostly my go to tea.

I have throw all of them in the garbage.

I don't know how soon the teas will be out my system.

I will try again melotonin tonight with .25mg for sleep.

I'm still with symptoms  

I'm also scared because I'm holding now going on 2 months and no changes. I don't want to sound like a whiner, I apologize.

A quick question to one of your suggestion  before taking anything going forward :

where can I find ; search for discussions on SA regarding anything new you take, before you take them. Thanks

I just received an order that I had place for my stuffy nose, natural RHINASE I need to do the search on here but I don't know how, 

You guys are appreciated for all you do.

250mg trazodone

• Moderator Emeritus
4 hours ago, street129 said:

I just received an order that I had place for my stuffy nose, natural RHINASE I need to do the search on here but I don't know how, 

The good news is that the Rhinase is steroid-free.

To find things on SA you can use the site search function which is located at the top right of the screen.  Or you can use an internet search engine (eg Google) and you add site:survivingantidepressants.org  to the search term.

So look for Rhinase on SA, search on the internet for:

site:survivingantidepressants.org Rhinase

4 hours ago, street129 said:

I'm holding now going on 2 months and no changes.

From what I can remember your body was very recently exposed to both an antibiotic and a steroid.  And did you have a Covid vaccination recently as well, in the last 3 months?

Your body and nervous system is trying to recover from what has happened to it.  It takes time.  Recovery is likely happening but you cannot feel it, or it is happening but because it is very gradual, and because you still don't feel good, you are not noticing the tiny improvements that have happened.

• Administrator

How are you measuring 81mg trazodone?

I doubt the teas were harmful.

3 hours ago, ChessieCat said:

The good news is that the Rhinase is steroid-free.

To find things on SA you can use the site search function which is located at the top right of the screen.  Or you can use an internet search engine (eg Google) and you add site:  to the search term.

So look for Rhinase on SA, search on the internet for:

site:survivingantidepressants.org Rhinase

From what I can remember your body was very recently exposed to both an antibiotic and a steroid.  And did you have a Covid vaccination recently as well, in the last 3 months?

Your body and nervous system is trying to recover from what has happened to it.  It takes time.  Recovery is likely happening but you cannot feel it, or it is happening but because it is very gradual, and because you still don't feel good, you are not noticing the tiny improvements that have happened.

thank you chessiecat for the info on rhinase and glad to learned its steroid free, I'm planning on doing myself a favor on checking everything going forward and stop making all these unnecessary situations for myself, which I only have me to blame.

I will go to SA search function and and will look for all new items that I'm planning on buying before use. also I will be using Google search as added bonus.

I am hanging in and I'm taking it one day at a time, and thanks for, thank you for  your insite on my WD situation.

O/T

I have to get surgery I constantly suffers with trigger fingers this will be my 3rd finger after 2 years apart. First one was in 2014 and the 2nd one 2016 I had 2 surgeries, First Two on each middle finger, now it's the right thumb that need surgery, the thumb is painful and sticks but i can put it off for a later time. 

I see my Orthopedics on the eighteen to discuss procedure.

I wont be moving forward while in WD. This will be our discussion.

250mg trazodone

3 hours ago, Altostrata said:

How are you measuring 81mg trazodone?

I doubt the teas were harmful.

With help at the time my dear soothing friend frogie has help me getting a scale to weight my trazodone, her words and her encouragement help me stayed positive and calm whenever I wanted to fall off.

I also have manymoredays with her accuracy and knowledge from both special ladies making sure my mg is always what it should be before filling my capsules.

I believe in those two ladies fully.

250mg trazodone

• Administrator

Are you cutting tablets of trazodone? How do you know you're taking 81mg?

2 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Are you cutting tablets of trazodone? How do you know you're taking 81mg?

Oh manymoretodays has given me the amount of powder to measure in the empty capsule which is .457 to get 81mg. 

I crush my tablets into powder and weigh them in my capsule nightly to get 457 to make my pill for 81mg of trazodone to take, Hope I made sense.

250mg trazodone

• Administrator

Did your sleep problems begin after you started using this method?

42 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Did your sleep problems begin after you started using this method?

My sleep problem begin as wd started in September 2021 and has no  Improvement.

I have stop drinking herbal teas, but was also glad to hear that teas are not so bad to drink.

I took a lower dose of melatonin .25mg first time in a long time last night, I had 6 hours and a half sleep without waking up, but by an hour in the morning I had an headache off and on.

I have half the .25mg to see how it will work for me tonight.

250mg trazodone

• Administrator
14 hours ago, street129 said:

My sleep problem begin as wd started in September 2021 and has no  Improvement.

Withdrawal from what? Your signature does not show any drug changes in 2021.

When did you start using your current method of measuring trazodone.

Good to hear melatonin worked. Did you also take trazodone at the same time?

14 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Withdrawal from what? Your signature does not show any drug changes in 2021.

When did you start using your current method of measuring trazodone.

Good to hear melatonin worked. Did you also take trazodone at the same time?

I am still having difficulties getting signature to work. I will try again.

No there's no drug changes. I'm at 81mg of trazodone since November 2020, and I'm still at 81mg in 2021.

I started using my current method of trazodone in June of 2020, when I started tapering from weigh to powder wrong.

The 5th month was when it was brought to my attention I was not tapering at my correct dose of 250mg of trazodone but I'm taping at 100mg of trazodone.

I ask to return to 250mg trazodone, but told it's 5 months to far in

I was not in WD while I was tapering from 100mg of trazodone till I got down to 77mg then WD hit.

I said I needed to updose so after a week I was given the weigh to updose 5% which was 457 in weigh for 81mg of trazodone.

I got stable there and I had decided to stay there a very,very  long time, this was in November 2020.

The new year came 2021 and I was doing good at 81mg of trazodone.

The begining of September 2021 I experience wd just like that for a day.

In late September 2021 after eye surgery WD returned.

I'm trying to figure out why I suddenly got withdrawal in early September 2021 before my surgery 

I honestly thought maybe the sudden WD in early September 2021  appear from my wrong taper back in November 2020 but I'm not sure so I came to get help and support.

When I took melotonin .25mg the other night and got the sleep that I needed.

I took the melotonin around 11;00pm and then an hour later my trazodone.

The next night I only got between 1-2 hours and kept waking up after I took a little piece.

I have a slight cold coming on, I took cold meds NyQuil, that was a dumb move.

Tonight no sleep at all it's 4;30am I'm on the site.

250mg trazodone

• Administrator
16 hours ago, street129 said:

In late September 2021 after eye surgery WD returned.

I'm trying to figure out why I suddenly got withdrawal in early September 2021 before my surgery 

Why do you think you got withdrawal? Did you have anesthesia for eye surgery? Did you stop taking trazodone while you were getting eye surgery?

Given your past difficulty measuring trazodone, what seems most likely to me is that you accidentally made a mistake in dosage or skipped a dose, and you've made mistakes recently, too.

On 11/17/2021 at 8:50 PM, Altostrata said:

Why do you think you got withdrawal? Did you have anesthesia for eye surgery? Did you stop taking trazodone while you were getting eye surgery?

Given your past difficulty measuring trazodone, what seems most likely to me is that you accidentally made a mistake in dosage or skipped a dose, and you've made mistakes recently, too.

I really don't know why I'm in wd.

I don't thing/know wd is from my covid injection, I know I had taken my first covid shot August 10th 2021 and was sick for a week. I didn't do my second shot since feeling ill from the first.

The Dr. was talking to me during the procedure. I was awake. I don't believe there was anything in my vein for anesthesia.

I was still taking my 81mg of trazodone before and after surgery, I have never missed or skipped a dose.

You're absolutely correct, in starting my first taper in 2020, I have made and error in doses.

5 months while tapering someone caught the error in my tapering and helped corrected it. 

it seems it was to far in months to returned to my original dose of 250mg of trazodone, which I'd pleaded to returned too, but didn't.

The warmth for the past 2 days is more in my skin than days before, it used to go away and come back during sleep time now im feeling the warmth steadily.

In the morning it's not as strong as sleep time. 

The warmth in my skin gets more warmth after I take my 81mg of trazodone and stays all night.

I'll see if i notice warmth increases tonight and if it stays.

I notice in the past 2  days I'm nauseous in the morning, it will go away and back during the day off and on, follow by shaking but not every day, fatigue, with brain fog. No appetite at this time. 

I'm usually a bubbly outgoing person that would talk to everyone on the street of every nationality but not of late.

Is it safe to take multivitamins cuz I don't take them nor pills.

I took a half of zinc gummies for the first time yesterday,I felt a slight cold coming on. 

I'm trying to help myself with my situation but I don't want to add things that I shouldn't.

I've found source natural products that I used to take years ago, but for other uses.

I bought 1mg melotonin the other day.  First night I took .25mg I got 5 hours of sleep w/o waking up.

Last night [thursday]  I took half of .25mg I woke every 2 hours, but would fall back to sleep, but the warmth in my skin will wake me up during the night.

I'm being level headed but I don't know what I can do. or what to do. 

At this point I'm getting scared. 

250mg trazodone

Alto,

I need to mention to you during the summer of 2021, around May-July I had a lot of injury and lots of steroid injection to my rt knee,

I had one steroid injection in my rt trigger finger, and one steroid injection in my left hip. [Sciatica]

As I got pain in my rt knee I would go to different orthopedic doctors for a second opinion and each time I was given steroid injections everytime for the pain.

Different Orthopedic drs  didn't know about me going to different doctors of orthopedic for their second opinions.

I didn't know steroid injection was bad to take as much as I have done steroid injection.

But now if I go to these drs I don't take the steroids injection.

Yesterday I had a talk with my Dr about surgery for my trigger finger and decline the steroid injection while I was there.

I will not do surgery while in wd, I wanted info on surgery only.

This morning I took half zinc gummies on an empty stomach.

The Gummies taste horrible and takes forever to dissolved. 

I'm now experiencing muscle pain in my rt arm just like that. 

I check zinc interaction with my drug trazodone, there's no interaction

I thing I'm beginning to feel sleep deprived. I'm having a mild headache.

It felt like I was getting a cold for a day or two, but there's nothing now showing sign of a cold, that's why I took the zinc.

Im just feeling awful. Pressure in the head,muscle pain, don't want to get up and go.

I will use the 1mg melotonin by Natrol fast dissolve tonight but will take less than 1mg, I'm good with those.

At this stage I wish I know of anything going forward.

I have a neurological appointment today I don't feel like going nowhere. This is a first.

I also just started taking medformin 500mg for prediabetic, I'll do the interaction.

250mg trazodone

• Administrator

It's very possible that the symptoms you call withdrawal symptoms in September 2021 were adverse effects of the steroid injections or whatever was used during your eye surgery.

I have no remedies for this. You'll have to hold on and let your nervous system settle down.

On 11/19/2021 at 3:35 PM, Altostrata said:

It's very possible that the symptoms you call withdrawal symptoms in September 2021 were adverse effects of the steroid injections or whatever was used during your eye surgery.

I have no remedies for this. You'll have to hold on and let your nervous system settle down.

thanks for talking with me. Its been a pleasure.  I'll hold.

250mg trazodone

• 1 month later...

@street129

Just thought I'd check in on you and see how you are?

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

• 1 year later...

@manymoretodays

Hi manymoretoday's... it's street129

I HAVE not been here in a very,very long time cause I have been pretty good on my dose  for over a year I have not change my taper, cause I was not ready..

I'm still at 447 every night at the right time in taking my meds ..but the last 2 month of the end of April and it's now the end of June, my meds is not working, and I don't know what to do any help will be  appreciated.  Great to hear from you, and what do I do going forward...

I don't know  if I'm unconsciously thinking on situation that's going on with my daughter and my granddaughter, that maybe put a strain on my well being which I don't talk with anyone about...I don't know...... I just need help with my meds. hope you can guide me... Thanks you..

250mg trazodone

1 hour ago, street129 said:

@manymoretodays

Hi manymoretoday's... it's street129

I HAVE not been here in a very,very long time cause I have been pretty good on my dose  for over a year I have not change my taper, cause I was not ready..

I'm still at 447 every night at the right time in taking my meds ..but the last 2 month of the end of April 2023 and it's now the end of June,2023  my meds is not working, and I don't know what to do any help will be  appreciated.  Great to hear from you, and what do I do going forward...I am not in withdrawal, and if my meds not working, I don't know if to continue taking them..Any advice/suggestion  will help..

I don't know  if I'm unconsciously thinking on situation that's going on with my daughter and my granddaughter, that maybe put a strain on my well being which I don't talk with anyone about...I don't know...... I just need help with my meds. hope you can guide me... Thanks you..

250mg trazodone

Just now, street129 said:

250mg trazodone