• Mentor
8 minutes ago, brassmonkey said:

Yes, even in the midst of an acute wave, there are positive and beautiful things happening to and all around you, but a person has to make the decision and put in the effort to see, acknowledge and appreciate them.

this is so true!
I'm only now realizing just how true this is.

I thought I'd look back on my "one year of sheer hell" and shudder with horror at how awful it was, 

but guess what? the memories of the bad parts have faded far far into the distance and I can actually look back on that year and see that many good things happened,  and that I was able to DO a lot of good things, in spite of feeling awful.

I'm glad I took the time to notice those things because now I've got some fond memories to look back on.

great post Brass.

PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME PRIVATE MESSAGES, thank you. 

• pysch med history: 1974 @ age 18 to Oct 2017 (approx 43 yrs total) 
  •  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  2013 too fast taper down to 5mg but WD forced me back to 20mgs
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106
  • Tapered off to zero by  Oct. 2017 Doing very well. 
  • Nov. 2018 feel 95% healed, age 63 
  • Jan. 2020 feel 100% healed, peaceful and content
  • PRESENT DAYS:  Loving life! ❤️ with all it's ups and downs ;) 

• Mentor
On 1/3/2020 at 3:04 PM, Happy2Heal said:

this is so true!
I'm only now realizing just how true this is.

I thought I'd look back on my "one year of sheer hell" and shudder with horror at how awful it was, 

but guess what? the memories of the bad parts have faded far far into the distance and I can actually look back on that year and see that many good things happened,  and that I was able to DO a lot of good things, in spite of feeling awful.

I'm glad I took the time to notice those things because now I've got some fond memories to look back on.

great post Brass.

Great post from both Brass and H2H. I’m almost 11 months off and look back and cannot believe how far I have came in this timeframe. 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Cocopuff that is wonderful.  thanks for giving us hope, and encouraging us.  I'm still in ADWD, but feel much better than I did a year ago.  when things get back with me, I remind myself of that.  

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

On 1/3/2020 at 8:55 PM, brassmonkey said:

Over analyzing and over thinking symptoms is a very good way to derail ones recovery/healing.

Ha! You can say that again. Gonna write that out as a reminder and stick it somewhere I can see it.

On 1/3/2020 at 8:55 PM, brassmonkey said:

Yes, even in the midst of an acute wave, there are positive and beautiful things happening to and all around you, but a person has to make the decision and put in the effort to see, acknowledge and appreciate them.

I was really surprised when I was looking back on 2019, I almost expected to feel like it was a terrible year, with all my CNS instability and mistakes I made with drugs. But it wasn't terrible, some wonderful things happened for me and also, since August, I've had to learn much better self care and boundaries.

Hope you're enjoying your travels ! And thanks for continuing to document your antidep journey, post tapering.

January 2008 to April 2015 Citalopram 20mg to 5mg, reducing in 50 per cent leaps. Jumped off at 5mg

March 2016 used MDMA triggered setback

April 2016 Citalopram 10mg October 2016 cut to 5mg, May 2017 cut to 2.5mg

May 2018 used MDMA triggered setback

June 2018 Citalopram 2.5mg up to 10mg, then back to 5mg

July/ August 2018 7.5mg, then 10mg

June 2019 updosed to 20mg Citalopram

August 2019 cold switch to Venlafaxine 75mg XR

Supplements; 1100mg fish oil daily; also 100mg Magnesium Glycinate. Tried Vagifem 10mcg from mid May 2021 to mid June 2021; caused depression, so stopped.

• 5 weeks later...

Too busy posting on other peoples threads and have neglected mine.  Not a whole lot to report. WD is pretty much a thing of the past.  Now it's trying to sort out what may be long lasting affects of the drug use or the affects of rapidly increasing age. Got a clean bill of health from my PCP yesterday. Need to adjust the thyroid meds a bit and are closing in on the root causes of my ongoing shoulder problems, but other than that I'm good to go.

And go we will.  Just finished up making arrangements for our next big adventure.  Heading off to India in a few weeks to photograph tigers in the wild. Followed by a short stay in Paris to finish off the plans we had so rudely interrupted by my kidney stone a year ago.  Later in the summer we are looking at spending some time on Rapa Nui.  I've been wanting to get there since I read Aku Aku as a kid.

Making big changes to the Halloween Haunt this year so I have a lot of building to do there, plus continuing on the remodel that has been ongoing for several years now.  Finally making some real progress there.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Very happy for you that you have a good health report! 😊

7 hours ago, brassmonkey said:

Now it's trying to sort out what may be long lasting affects of the drug use or the affects of rapidly increasing age.

Curious, are you noting long lasting effects of the drugs?  Can you elaborate on what those might be that you're unsure about?

Your travels sound exotic! With all the help you've given so many, you especially deserve some joyful times.  Your travels sound exotic! Be careful... and most of all, enjoy.  

Md 

1997 Prozac ?mg

1991 Sertraline ?mg

2002 Escitalopram 10 mg

2018 2.5 mg - stopped by Dr./Reinstated, up-dosed to 7.5 mg

04/19 Began BM slide @7.5 mg

CURRENT  0.32 mg 🌼

"If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth."

Mark 9:23

Having been drugged for 23 very eventful years it is hard to remember what things were like before hand. Was my memory as sharp as I think it was, did I struggle to find words in conversations (yes), was I fatigued all the time (I was working 60-70 hours a week, so yes).  Those 23 years and more were pretty brutal physically and it has taken three full years of retirement for my body to start to relax in many ways, is it physical problems from work/life or is it the aftermath of the drugs. Throw on top of it a nice case of CRS (Can't Remember "Stuff") which is typical of aging, but could be from the drug use, it all turns into a big mass of information and sensations to sort through.

I mentioned thyroid problems, it could all be a symptom of that. I think for the most part it's creeping age, but I'm only about three years post "0" so am still in the healing process which complicates things. Don't get me wrong, I'm doing great, but there are some issues that niggle at me and make me wonder why.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus

brfssmonkey it is very encouraging to me to hear you are symptom free!  Especially after being on the SSRI"s for so many years like I was.  I'm down to 0.2 mg Lexapro.  I tapered about 2.5 weeks ago, and it hasn't been bad.  I still wake up at 3 or 4 and have a hard time going back to sleep.  Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.  But it is so much better than it was a year ago.  I have hope. Jennifer

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

What awesome sounding plans, going to India and Rapa Nui. Definitely two places I’d love to visit one day. In fact me and my lady friend were talking about an India trip in the next year or so. Will have to get some feedback from you Tom and advice on where to visit. 

Glad that WD is behind you now. The aging thing doesn’t sound too fun but I guess we all have to go through it. 

Started Citalopram in 2005 (aged 15) for apparent "OCD" - 60mg 

July 2015 attempted 2 x 10% + cuts 4 weeks apart. WD symptoms intense at times. Need to slow down.

November 2016 - Resumed taper. 1.25 - 1.5% decrease weekly approx.

44.5mg November 2016. Jan 2017 42.5 mg. March 2017 40 mg. June 2017 37mg. September 2018 22mg. Nov 2018 Holding at 22mg to stabilise from moderate wave. January 2020 - Holding, mostly feeling fine, but still having some waves at times. 

February 2020 - Resumed taper , 1.5% reduction weekly/every two weeks. 

• Mentor
19 hours ago, brassmonkey said:

Having been drugged for 23 very eventful years it is hard to remember what things were like before hand. Was my memory as sharp as I think it was, did I struggle to find words in conversations .......... 

I think for the most part it's creeping age, but I'm only about three years post "0" so am still in the healing process which complicates things. Don't get me wrong, I'm doing great, but there are some issues that niggle at me and make me wonder why.

I can so relate to this, just add 2 more decades of being drugged but subtract the years of working long hours...

I have no idea if my memory issues (and other small issues) are age related or the drugs, and can't see how I'll ever know.

Interesting to see that you consider yourself still in the healing process, even almost 3 yrs post zero.

It's actually reassuring to me. I feel somewhat fragile occasionally and think that may mean my brain is still working out all the kinks. 

Or I'm going senile, one or other other LOL
I guess time will tell- if senile, I'll deteriorate, if drug related, I'll improve.

or maybe it will be a wash.

I'm glad you're able to travel! I'm thinking about making a much smaller trip myself, something I haven't felt up to doing for over 25yrs, so that's exciting. Not as exciting as India, mind you but it's a big step for me ;)

all the best to you Brass, you've certainly earned it

•  Drug list: stelazine, haldol, elavil, lithium, zoloft, celexa, lexapro(doses as high as 40mgs), klonopin, ambien, seroquel(high doses), depakote, zyprexa, lamictal- plus brief trials of dozens of other psych meds over the years
  • started lexapro 2002, dose varied from 20mgs to 40mgs. First attempt to get off it was 2007- WD symptoms were mistaken for "relapse". 
  •  June of 2105, tapered again too rapidly to 2.5mgs by Dec 2015. Found SA, held at 2.5 mgs til May 2016 when I foolishly "jumped off". felt ok until  Sept, then acute WD hit!!  reinstated at 0.3mgs in Oct. 2106

• Moderator Emeritus
On 1/3/2020 at 9:55 PM, brassmonkey said:

Just posted this on another thread and wanted to keep a copy here:

Best I've read on SA ! Thank you SO MUCH Brassmonkey for taking the time To right this post : I read it every time I get in the spiral, and it always helps me in my work on acceptance ! ❤

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

Wanted to post a record that I had another migraine aura a couple of days ago and another again today. Both were quite intense and left me with a "hangover" for several hours.

Having to sort things out with my insurance and PCP to get into the right coverage group so I don't have to travel twenty miles to get labs done.  Turns out her information was screwed up and that was back washing through the insurance site and making it so I couldn't switch.  It will take a few days to get it sorted, then I can get after this dumb shoulder of mine.  But that will have to wait until we get back from India the middle of April.  Get that done and I think I will start getting the auras checked out.

Brass i too have auras and i am over 3 years off. Had two in my life before wd and ive lost count of how many i have had in wd. I went to the doctor about it when i had about 10 in a row and he didnt seem concerned he said they can happen in clusters. My mum also gets them fairly regularly and she has never been on psych drugs. I hope yours all checks out okay. I usually find i get one after a clear window and the migraine is usually followed by a wave.

<p>Various benzos 4 months for insomnia prior to Effexor 37.5mg may 2014 for two weeks, Mirtazapine 30mg june 2014 - feb 2015.Pristiq 50 mg Feb 2015. six weeks later attempted coming off with a six week taper. ten days off and it got ugly. Tapering now using compounded pristiq with slow release agent. 37.5 mg 3 weeks, 30 mg 6 weeks, 25mg 4.5 weeks, 20mg for 6 weeks, 17.5 mgs 7 weeks, 20 mg 8 weeks, 19 mg 3 weeks, 18 mg 3 weeks, 17 mg 3 weeks, 16 mg 3 weeks, 15mg 2 weeks, 14mg 2 weeks, 13 mgs 2 weeks, 12 mgs 6 weeks, 11mg 3 weeks, 10.5mg 2 weeks, 10 mg 3.5 weeks. 9mg 4 weeks. Jumped at 8mg currently 16 months free

• 2 weeks later...

Mine seem to come in threes spaced a few days apart.  Everything I've read says that they are nothing to be concerned about, just uncomfortable for a few minutes. Still when I get the chance I'm going to talk it over with my PCP. I like keeping her a prized of what is going on.

Wall all that's left to do is the packing.  We have all the reservations and tickets, so it's time to grab the camera and run.  Actually we have to wait a few days, like a week and a half then off to photograph tigers in India, followed by catching up on the unfinished business from Paris.  Do the things we didn't get to complete when I got so sick last year.

How awesome @brassmonkey:

Keep us posted of your adventures and post pictures. 

Looking forward to seeing them!

Most of all, enjoy!!!

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

I am beginning to hear some panic talk around the site brought on by current biopolitical events and think it is time to add a bit of perspective to the situation. According to the Washington Post as of today 3000 people have died world wide from the covid-19 virus. The vast majority of those are in China where the outbreak originated. You see the headlines on every newspaper in the world and on every online news outlet because this is a news media induced epidemic. I don't wish to down play it or disregard the people who have suffered or have passed because of it, but there is too much hype being spread. 

To add some perspective according to the CDC there are an average of 500000 (five hundred thousand) people world wide who die of the common flu each year.  This has been going on for twenty or thirty years and yet there is no panic every year as "flu season" arrives and people continue to socialize, go to school and work when they feel a bit "under the weather" because it's no big thing.

I have run into numerous statements asking and saying that people should stockpile medications and supplies in case of shortages. Any person who is or will be tapering should build up a backlog of drugs just for their personal safety. How many times have we seen someone cut off by their doctor or had an unwanted manufacturer change.  It's just good practice to put yourself in control.  I don't think that people should  stock up because of the current biopolitical situation and to suggest such would probably cause more panic than good.  At present I don't see doctors being willing to write prescriptions for extra meds that could cause "runs on the pharmacies" that actually could cause shortages just of the strength of peoples fears. The situation needs to be monitored and if things really do get bad then action should be taken. Until then people should "listen to their bodies" and if it makes them more comfortable to go through the problems of getting extra prescriptions that's fine, but I don't think it is necessary.

Ever since I was a child the world has been having these health scares every few years. Some have gotten kind of rough, but for the most part they peter out after a few months.  But in the mean time a lot of people get very scared over what is essentially a news media induced epidemic. Yes people are getting sick which is not a good thing, but the news media are stirring up panic because its the disease of the day, it's new and fresh and we have little control over it.  However,  the common flu, that you can catch just about anywhere, is much more deadly, killing many hundreds of thousands of people a year. But it's old and boring and everyone gets it so it doesn't sell headlines.  I'm not saying don't be careful, but I feel safer health wise going on vacation to India than I do visiting an American preschool or going to a crowded cinema. A healthy dose of perspective is called for.

• Mentor
6 hours ago, brassmonkey said:

Ever since I was a child the world has been having these health scares every few years. Some have gotten kind of rough, but for the most part they peter out after a few months.  But in the mean time a lot of people get very scared over what is essentially a news media induced epidemic. Yes people are getting sick which is not a good thing, but the news media are stirring up panic because its the disease of the day, it's new and fresh and we have little control over it.  However,  the common flu, that you can catch just about anywhere, is much more deadly, killing many hundreds of thousands of people a year. But it's old and boring and everyone gets it so it doesn't sell headlines.  I'm not saying don't be careful, but I feel safer health wise going on vacation to India than I do visiting an American preschool or going to a crowded cinema. A healthy dose of perspective is called for.

Exactly, very logical. Even with nutrition.. how many people die of heart attacks, strokes, diabetes and all those other poor nutrition based diseases. The number is in the millions or tens of millions per year. But no one is freaking out over the food they eat everyday. 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

• Mentor
10 hours ago, Cocopuffz17 said:

But no one is freaking out over the food they eat everyday.

well I wouldn't say "no one" LOL

after learning how much certain foods harm the body, I'm a lot more careful what I eat

Actually this entire journey off the psych drugs has made me a lot more aware of the potential dangers of anything I put in my mouth.

but you're right, the vast majority of people still don't get the connection between their health and what they ingest (or any other lifestyle choices) but I think that is changing, at least a little

• Mentor

@brassmonkey Yes, that did not come out right. A vast majority of people do not. 

Me as well, certain foods rock me and put me into a wave and I now know to avoid them. 

In a couple of days we will be off on our next great adventure.  As usual we are traveling to some locations that have very limited internet access so I will not be able to check in for the next month and some. Now I have some packing to do. 

7 minutes ago, brassmonkey said:

In a couple of days we will be off on our next great adventure.  As usual we are traveling to some locations that have very limited internet access so I will not be able to check in for the next month and some. Now I have some packing to do. 

Have a great adventure . Stay safe

and keep us updated if you can 

thank you for all your support 

LRH 

Nov 2018 Pregabalin 2x50 mg a day to help with Paxil WD. Aug 2019 2 x 25mg a day, April 2020 45mg, May 40mg, June 35mg, July 30mg, end July 25mg, Aug 24mg, June 2021 14mg, Jan 2022 14mg (2x7mg a day), Oct 10mg, Nov 5mg, December 25th 2022 0mg 🎈

Oct 2004 - Oct 2018 Paxil 20 mg, Nov 15mg, Dec 10mg,  Feb 2019 7.5mg crashed, Feb 8.5mg, Nov 8mg, March 2020 7.2mg, April 6.5mg, May 5.9mg, June 5.4mg, July 4.8mg, Dec 4.5mg, Jan 2021 4mg, Feb 3.6mg, March 3.2mg, April 2.9mg, Aug 2.7mg, Sept 2.4mg, Oct 2.2mg, Nov 2mg, Dec 1.8mg, Feb 2022 1.6mg, March 1.4mg, April 1.2mg, May 1.0mg, June 0.8mg, July 0.6mg, Aug 0.4mg, Sep 0.2mg, October 6th 2022 0mg  🎈

December 25th 2022 drug free 

these dates are approximate 

• Mentor
16 minutes ago, brassmonkey said:

Have a great time!!! Enjoy it all!!! Thanks for all your support to the community! 

Brassmonkey is leaving the room.  Heading for the airport in an hour, lots to get done before leaving.  I'll check in as I can. Till the end of April some time........

have fun bro !

Started Citalopram in 2005 (aged 15) for apparent "OCD" - 60mg 

July 2015 attempted 2 x 10% + cuts 4 weeks apart. WD symptoms intense at times. Need to slow down.

November 2016 - Resumed taper. 1.25 - 1.5% decrease weekly approx.

44.5mg November 2016. Jan 2017 42.5 mg. March 2017 40 mg. June 2017 37mg. September 2018 22mg. Nov 2018 Holding at 22mg to stabilise from moderate wave. January 2020 - Holding, mostly feeling fine, but still having some waves at times. 

February 2020 - Resumed taper , 1.5% reduction weekly/every two weeks. 

Have lots of fun and thanks for all your community support :) 

January 2008 to April 2015 Citalopram 20mg to 5mg, reducing in 50 per cent leaps. Jumped off at 5mg

March 2016 used MDMA triggered setback

April 2016 Citalopram 10mg October 2016 cut to 5mg, May 2017 cut to 2.5mg

May 2018 used MDMA triggered setback

June 2018 Citalopram 2.5mg up to 10mg, then back to 5mg

July/ August 2018 7.5mg, then 10mg

June 2019 updosed to 20mg Citalopram

August 2019 cold switch to Venlafaxine 75mg XR

Supplements; 1100mg fish oil daily; also 100mg Magnesium Glycinate. Tried Vagifem 10mcg from mid May 2021 to mid June 2021; caused depression, so stopped.

Twenty hours in the air plus layovers and greetings from Nagpur India. 

As of tomorrow night India is locking the doors and not letting anyone in. We're already here and most of the group will arrive before that happens,  but there is still talk that the safari may be canceled. If it is we are going till try and make other arrangements because we are already here. Then it will be interesting trying to get home through France. Looks like this will put our plans for the rest of the year on hold. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Dang....timing is everything! Good Luck navigating all this crazy stuff and I wish you happy travels and eventually the safe journey home!!

2016 - Oct -Daughter started Risperdal (for steroid induced psychosis that never went away after stopping prednisone)

Nov - dose increases stopped at 1.5mg in Dec

2017 - Jan- weaned from 1.5 to 1.0 in 2 weeks then 1.0 to .5 in two weeks and then off. Feb. 3 weeks of increased psychosis, pacing, insomnia, other awful symptoms so late Feb  - Back on 1.5 mg Risperdal. May  - decrease to 1.25mg, two weeks later 1.0mg - symptoms started again. June - held steady at 1.25mg for 6 weeks and switched to liquid (3 ml syringe). July - started 10% taper every 3 weeks, October -  .8 mg, December - .7 mg .

2018 -Jan- 0.65 mg,  Feb- 0.59,  Mar-0.50, late April - .40mg, July- .36 mg, Aug - switched from 3 mL syringe to 1 mL syringe for more accuracy (her dad and i were not sure we were giving her the same dose when in between the 'dashes' on the 3 mL syringe.) Aug -.30 mg (3mL syr)/.44 mg (1 mL syr) difference due to med in the tip of both syringes). Sept- .28 mg (3mL syr)/.42 mg (1 mL syr). Oct - .16 mg (3 mL syr)/.30 mg (1 mL syr). Nov.- .06mg (3mL syr)/.20 mg (1mLsyr). Dec. - tip only/unmeasurable (3mL syr)/.10 mg (1mLsyr)

2019- Jan -.06 mg (1 mL syr), Feb- .025 mg (1 mL syr), Feb 27, 2019 - jumped to zero!!

2 hours ago, brassmonkey said:

As of tomorrow night India is locking the doors and not letting anyone in. We're already here and most of the group will arrive before that happens,  but there is still talk that the safari may be canceled. If it is we are going till try and make other arrangements because we are already here. Then it will be interesting trying to get home through France. Looks like this will put our plans for the rest of the year on hold. 

Good luck with everything and safe travels.

Keep us posted!

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

Every one made it just under the wire shop were have started and have arrived at port first destination. Pench national park. The first safari drive starts aft 5am tomorrow. 

Hope you have a great time here in india,enjoy the safari and stay safe from covid 19.let me know if you ever need any help when you're in/around mumbai.

Oct 2014-fluvoxamine 100mg (night)

Oct 2018-added resperidone 0.5 mg (night)

Dec 2019 went CT on both drugs

28 feb 2020 reinstated both drugs at full dose

4 march 2020 added bupropion 150 mg xl

10 march 2020 stopped bupropion

Currently on fluvoxamine 100mg and resperidone 0.5mg

Thank you Z. We are going to end up in Delhi though. ATM we don't have a way to get home as our flight had been canceled. The tour company is working with us to arrange something.  But that will be in a week or so,  so there is a lot that can change before we try to leave.  The safari has been a blast. Have seen several tigers already and have taken a ton of pictures. 

The excitment continues. We arrived at Kanha National park only to find that the government has ordered it closed and all foriegn travellers need to make arrangements to leave the country asap. Lots of hard to answer questions and no internet access. Today we were driven back to Nagpur and a flight arranged to get us to Delhi. Then we have to make our own arrangements to get home.  Finding a flight is taking some doing but we're have several options. We fly to Delhi in the morning. 

• Moderator Emeritus

Thinking of you and wishing you safe journey!

2016 - Oct -Daughter started Risperdal (for steroid induced psychosis that never went away after stopping prednisone)

Nov - dose increases stopped at 1.5mg in Dec

2017 - Jan- weaned from 1.5 to 1.0 in 2 weeks then 1.0 to .5 in two weeks and then off. Feb. 3 weeks of increased psychosis, pacing, insomnia, other awful symptoms so late Feb  - Back on 1.5 mg Risperdal. May  - decrease to 1.25mg, two weeks later 1.0mg - symptoms started again. June - held steady at 1.25mg for 6 weeks and switched to liquid (3 ml syringe). July - started 10% taper every 3 weeks, October -  .8 mg, December - .7 mg .

2018 -Jan- 0.65 mg,  Feb- 0.59,  Mar-0.50, late April - .40mg, July- .36 mg, Aug - switched from 3 mL syringe to 1 mL syringe for more accuracy (her dad and i were not sure we were giving her the same dose when in between the 'dashes' on the 3 mL syringe.) Aug -.30 mg (3mL syr)/.44 mg (1 mL syr) difference due to med in the tip of both syringes). Sept- .28 mg (3mL syr)/.42 mg (1 mL syr). Oct - .16 mg (3 mL syr)/.30 mg (1 mL syr). Nov.- .06mg (3mL syr)/.20 mg (1mLsyr). Dec. - tip only/unmeasurable (3mL syr)/.10 mg (1mLsyr)

2019- Jan -.06 mg (1 mL syr), Feb- .025 mg (1 mL syr), Feb 27, 2019 - jumped to zero!!

1 hour ago, brassmonkey said:

The excitment continues. We arrived at Kanha National park only to find that the government has ordered it closed and all foriegn travellers need to make arrangements to leave the country asap. Lots of hard to answer questions and no internet access. Today we were driven back to Nagpur and a flight arranged to get us to Delhi. Then we have to make our own arrangements to get home.  Finding a flight is taking some doing but we're have several options. We fly to Delhi in the morning. 

Be safe!

• Moderator Emeritus

((((((brassmonkey))))))  And oh boy!!!!  Yes, rooting for you, and wife brass,  in my thoughts and prayers, for your continued safety in travels.

You are really getting to learn the how to's of "rolling with it" now!!

L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing