mustafa: withdrawals

mustafa

• Moderator Emeritus
20 hours ago, mustafa said:

dear erell, 

it looks that i dont understand your suffer and how severe your symptomts are,  iam very sorry about that.  i really hope you recover and be the one you want very soon and you will.

yes you are right, depersonalization makes my awareness like dulled and have no strong responses, it was very hard to be at the beginning that i have no memories and no pains; i was like 'nothing';  i had nothing to use it to just survive as human, very lazy when waking up ( but that improved).  i know very well that the other side is as hard as like me,  i suffered it and aware how is it severe.

i liked this fantastic line (

you're are at one end of the Line, without émotions. I'm at the opposite end of the Line with extreme émotions. Both are extremely difficult. But : gradually we Will move To the middle of this Line and find equilibrium. ☺

)

i want to tell you one more thing may be motivational, in our culture we have a statement that says: only strong people are suffering strong,  that if they were weak, they wont bear.  you are strong and fanntastic erell, i really dont know any girl who can resist and bear like you do.

i didnt complete my sentence above, the completion is,  strong people those get recovered to be leaders. once we are well, we would forget our suffer but wont forget our gains; i tell my self that despite i still complain.

see u soon.

Dear mustafa 

Don't be sorry : we expérience such strong state, they are not 'normal ', so it is hard To truly understand others symptoms. 

You sound so strong! You're a model of patience for me! I read that you have some improvments, and I wish you Feel better soon! ❤

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi mustafa!

I wanna thank you for your support!

How are you doing?

Hope you're having a pleasant day 😚

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

On 10/20/2019 at 5:30 PM, Guilietta said:

Hello Mustafa,

I read your last posts. Sorry about not stopping by your page since Thursday! I have been working on sorting out duloxetine - and slow to figure out next steps. But - not to dwell on that. 😉

I see Alto posted some helpful links.  I will also look at them myself. I am sure they will help me with the same issues I face

I am thinking of you. I am glad you wrote your post from the heart and put down your feelings. I had a few comments.

Many of us in the west experience (and are angry about) the stigma against ADs and withdrawal.  While I think this may be improving at least in the US, it is slow. Big pharma keeps people in the dark. The opioid crisis has been hidden for many years. Ninety (90%) percent of opioid addictions start with a prescriptionin a doctor's office! Big pharma pushes this. The truth about ADs and WD as it applies to them is getting out.  Educating people takes time.

I feel bad that your parents may not understand WD - and that you don't feel you can tell others. For what it is worth - my parents' - like Erell's - don't really understand. They try to. I repeat and try to explain in different ways - and they undestand part of it.  They deny I think that it is so bad - it is hard for them to see their loved ones suffer.

It is awkward for me to tell a very few people I know about my AD and WD. A great weight lifted. It was an opportunity to inform others.  And if they don't accept that I have taken AD and WD  - they were not  my friend to begin with.

You have friends here on SA and you are not alone.

The psychiatrist is another story. MDs who find fault or judge patients - can you look for another MD. I don't know what care is like in Egype - but if an MD is not positive, respectful and works with me on my healthcare goals (it's about you don't forget!) - then I find another MD.

Well - I startedf this last night and sorry I didn't get it to you earlier. I hope you are able to read it today (or tonight) - I don't know what your time zone is (GMT + x hours).

Big hugs,

Guilietta

My friend gulietta, 

Iam very sorry for being late to reply but I didn't view my profile since Sunday more than 2 times, iam very sorry.

You are right in your describtion for how big pharma make people live in darkness. Always I had a question for psychiatrists who I visited, that how for ADs to treat the problems ,like benzos do, but without any type of addiction, and the answer was : we have no any researches or studies that prove ADs are addictive; but that wasn't logical.

I don't know who you mean with the word "MD", do you mean psychiatrists or other doctors like neurologist's,...etc? . All psychiatrists in Egypt are totally persuaded that antidepressants are very very very,...etc safe and can never cause any problems and upon this, all doctors ( even who are not psychiatrists) can prescribe ADs without giving any data( even about the type of these drugs). Psychiatrists don't discuss the patients in drugs, you just take the drug and don't have any opinion and unfortunately, people do this. My search and my try to know more was the rescue for me or I was to stay having antidepressants all my life( may be that is the same problem for alot).

I thank you alot gulietta for thinking of me, I love all of you here, I never feel alone after your support and hugs, good friendship would make the difference for all of us. When I be in a wave and type my problem, all your support make it easier. 

I just couldn't understand your last words; do you mean you have a healthcare programm and want me to follow? Is it posted on your profile? 

Take care of yourself.

Hugs to you. 

i wasn't on a certain drug all the period. i took many drugs many times and for no very long period but to simplify.

--fluvoxamine maleate100 mg + amisulpride 200mg------started july 2012 and total taper in february 2015 ( 9 months without drugs then)

--sertraline 100mg -------started november 2015 and total taper (withoud reduction slowly) in november 2016( 4 months withoud drugs then).

--sertraline 100mg + quetiabine 25mg ( started in mars 2016 and for 7 months) then fluvoxamine maleate 100mg again for another 7months and after that a something like to use every drug for 14 days and for about 1.5 years.

--my last drug was trintellix 10 mg ( used it in 12/2018and total taper in 4/2019).

symptomts i have now ( bad concentration and problems in short and long memory+ bad depersonalization).

7 hours ago, Erell said:

Hi mustafa!

I wanna thank you for your support!

How are you doing?

Hope you're having a pleasant day 😚

Hello erell, 

Iam very sorry for not writing to you alot of time ago, it was just because I didn't view the site since Sunday; I really think of you all the time, erell.

For me I have good days and bad ones but the sum is improvements; these improvements are in black and white thanks to depersonalization but Iam aware to that I have improvements; now I can play football( I couldn't before because of balancing problems) and can remember alot of actions, it is not totally ok but I can feel the difference.

I expect my balancing problems to be ok within 2 to 3 months but don't know what I will suffer after this, it will be depersonalization but don't know how will it looks like😚; I really hope all of this to pass without any pain. 

It is winter in Egypt these days,I hope I find it helpful for handling WDs.

How is winter in France? Send me photos if u can.

Have a good night.

i wasn't on a certain drug all the period. i took many drugs many times and for no very long period but to simplify.

--fluvoxamine maleate100 mg + amisulpride 200mg------started july 2012 and total taper in february 2015 ( 9 months without drugs then)

--sertraline 100mg -------started november 2015 and total taper (withoud reduction slowly) in november 2016( 4 months withoud drugs then).

--sertraline 100mg + quetiabine 25mg ( started in mars 2016 and for 7 months) then fluvoxamine maleate 100mg again for another 7months and after that a something like to use every drug for 14 days and for about 1.5 years.

--my last drug was trintellix 10 mg ( used it in 12/2018and total taper in 4/2019).

symptomts i have now ( bad concentration and problems in short and long memory+ bad depersonalization).

• Moderator Emeritus
24 minutes ago, mustafa said:

I have improvements;

Mustafa,

It is very good that you are having improvements.  You are making great progress!

Gridley

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Mustafa!

So glad you're seeing some improvments! You're brain is working hard for healing, and one day this Will only be a memory 😚

Not winter yet in France : the température slowly decrease but de still have some sweet afternoons. I wish I could send you pictures of Brittany, but 

I don't how : my ppictures are too heavy for this board.

Keep going dear Mustafa!

Thank you so much for your support on my thread ❤

Current medication :

11 hours ago, Gridley said:

Mustafa, 

It is very good that you are having improvements.  You are making great progress!

Gridley

thank you my dear, i hope to be like this. 

thank you for making me not feeling alone, you and my friends here are always supporters for me even if iam not writing to you . 

thanks gridley for everything .enjoy your day in beatiful ecuador.

hello @Gridley

iam sorry for not commenting to you on your profile. i only find myself cant give effective help to you so please don't be bothered.

these days i have new in my suffer, severe stress (which is good compared to no feelings), and something like OCD. the ocd make me worried and terrified from some ideas and things in my life (iam not teriified with my full power); i may know they are withdrawals but something inside me tells: no, even if you are not suffering from drugs, these ideas are terrifying themselves;  and after that iam panic and afraid to be crazy.

will i neglect these ideas when completely weaned off or as i were told, they are frustrating themselves.

have a nice day, gridley.

On 10/27/2019 at 8:48 AM, Erell said:

Not winter yet in France : the température slowly decrease but de still have some sweet afternoons. I wish I could send you pictures of Brittany, but 

hi erell,

france is geografically near to egypt, so we have almost the same climatic conditions, egypt is near to the equator, so we have a warmer winter however, days ago, it snowed as a peace of europe :huh:.

i didnt know before that brittany is a region in france until googled it; photos of brittany is fantastic like whole france. 

during my stages of education, i studied french for 2 years but unfortunately i cant fluently speak or write french but still having some words. now french is educated in all education stages. in public schools, they study french in primary, prep and secondary.

if you like it, find photos for cairo, giza, luxor and alexandria; they are all egyptian cities and have fantastic modern and historical places. 

alot of civilizations were in egypt, pharaonic, coptic, islamic and a lot. you would like the photos.

thank you for reminding me keep going and for supportive words to me❤️

have a nice day, dear

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi dear mustafa 

I've read you suffer from anxiety : I  don't know What Gridley Will answer you,  but it really sounds like à WD symptom.

Sassenach always told me that changes in symptoms is a good sign :)

I know Well this anxiety because it is one my main symptom : as others it Will slowly decrease. The only thing I know To deal with it is AAF and distraction. 

It doesn't eliminate the symptom, but it helps To go through the day.

Hang on dear Mustafa ❤

Yes Brittany is a beautiful region, thanks To the sea ;)

Egypt must be beautiful, and you're right, it is a placé full of history. When I was a little girl,  my mum took me To an exhibition about pharaohs,  I was totally fascinated! 

Hugs !

Current medication :

Hi @Gridley, very nervous during writing to you now and iam sorry that I know you are not obliged to take care of my own problems so you can neglect this if you want❤️. I was very nervous today and shouted in my family, they were telling funny words to me about how I make them suffer with me, like to say to someone: you made me tired, but I still love you; I only found this make me more sad that I were never planning to this, I never expected rather than being a great one but now with no work, don't earn money, IAM really very sad and for this reason I felt their just funny words are very sad to me. Iam very happy that iam crying when writing this right now. Iam sorry .i still feel blockages in my head as I told you before, they are concerning neurosmitters as I think that don't work.the difference to before that my reaction to these block's feelings is not very dulled as they were; I can out side nowadays but I  still don't identify my self. I need you to give me your opinion,

do you think if I live alone, away from my family, would be better for me?

many thanks to you gridley for every thing.

• Moderator Emeritus
6 minutes ago, mustafa said:

I need you to give me your opinion,

do you think if I live alone, away from my family, would be better for me?

I wouldn't make any decision too fast.  Is your family supportive usually?  

Unfortunately, no one who isn't going through withdrawal can understand how difficult it is, how it can make it impossible to work, enjoy life, even leave the house.  It doesn't help that doctors don't believe withdrawal exists.

I am sorry you are feeling bad and sad and hurt.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Hello Mustafa,

I am very sorry that you are feeling sad and hurt by your family.  I do have a lot of days when I am in great despair about this same thing.

I feel the same way about my own family very often and for the same reasons. Generally when I think about relocating myself away from them - it comes and goes. Honestly it would be nice not to be in thes ame house with them. That being said, I am here for the time being and keep to myself as much as possible. It is the best option for now - so I just must make the best of it. It is not always easy.

Hang in there. I know you are in tough position. 

Giuiletta

hi mustafa
I am wholehartedly with you
it is true that it is not easy to live with people who do not understand
but the best I think is to stay with your family even if it does not understand you
be patient😉

Deroxat (paxil) 20 mg pour 10 ml

12/14 18 mg réduction de 5% tous les mois 13/01/15 14.4mg 15/08 9,6 mg 16.01 reduction3% 8 mg par mois 16/02 7,8 mg 18.02 3 mg

18.03 2,92 à 3% 5 mai 2018 2,74 mg 3% 5 mai 2018 2,74 mg 3% 5 mai 2018 2,74 mg 3% 5 mai 2018 2,74 mg

18/06 2,66 mg

26/06/18 2,58 mg en 26 jours

19/03 1,78 mg 15 jours

19/04 1, 64 mg 21 jours

19/05 1,58 mg

24/07/19 1,44 mg

14/08/19 1,4 mg

27/09/19 1,48 mg

10/09/19 retour à 1,58 mg  27/12/19 retour à 1,65mg direct transition to fluoxetine the 11/01/2020 1,65mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi dear Mustafa 

I totally understand, we all struggle sometimes with those around us, and they don't understand How sensitive we are. 

I wouldn't make any big change right now : when you'll Feel stronger you may Feel the need to have your own place.

You've been able To cry ! Isn't it good ?

You have my support my friend ❤

Current medication :

My dear friends, 

I thank you very much for your support. I have to admit that being a member here added a strength to me, my worry of none understands me disappeared once iam a member in SA, this is great.

@Gridley, I sent a message to my psychiatrist, he is a founder of a website that offers free psychiatric helps, he is still, like expected, obliged that psychiatric drugs are very safe and will be used in the future in all medical fields; I rembered you that you were prescribed antidepressants to help with colon I think . I was sad as much as iam  assured iam on the right way; more victims are on the way; I hope this won't happen. How do you think of this?

@Guilietta, @rola, @Erell, I decided to go to live alone for sometime but I made this decision with the help of my parents, I think iam depressed and need to live in a different place until iam fine.

Thank you my friends, it is very beautiful to have friends who advise you honestly♥️ and iam lucky to have you as friends.

Hello Mustafa,

It sounds like you have taken some positive steps - and a decision ? and undernstanding for yourself. I am very glad. It is good to have a plan. We feel in control of our lives - even when we don't have as much control as we would like. :)

22 minutes ago, mustafa said:

I sent a message to my psychiatrist, he is a founder of a website that offers free psychiatric helps, he is still, like expected, obliged that psychiatric drugs are very safe and will be used in the future in all medical fields;

I understand that you asked this to @Gridley and I wonder if you and Gridley have spoken about bringing scientific / medical research findings to this physician?  He could benefit from learning from research and lead others. Does he believe in a team work approach to patient care? Where you evaluate the options together and you get to make the decision? As long as it is well considered and medically wise.

25 minutes ago, mustafa said:

I decided to go to live alone for sometime but I made this decision with the help of my parents

When will you move to a place of your own?

• Moderator Emeritus
36 minutes ago, mustafa said:

How do you think of this?

The psychiatrists get their information and opinions from the drug companies, who tell them the drugs are safe and that there is no withdrawal.  Yes, more victims are on the way.  These drugs were never meant to be used for the long-term.  The tests they did were very short.  No one knows the long-term effects of these drugs except for us, the victims.  In the days before antidepressants, depression was viewed as a short-term problem that resolved on its own after a while.  

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

• Moderator Emeritus

Dear Mustafa

I am glad because I think that making this décision show that you Feel stronger. Really not easy to make decision while in WD, and you made it !

When do you plan To move?

Love and hugs ❤

Current medication :

hi

mustapha a it's good that you made a decision with your parents and that they agree if that's the best for you do it it is a wise decision

see you soon😉

12/14 18 mg réduction de 5% tous les mois 13/01/15 14.4mg 15/08 9,6 mg 16.01 reduction3% 8 mg par mois 16/02 7,8 mg 18.02 3 mg

18.03 2,92 à 3% 5 mai 2018 2,74 mg 3% 5 mai 2018 2,74 mg 3% 5 mai 2018 2,74 mg 3% 5 mai 2018 2,74 mg

18/06 2,66 mg

19/03 1,78 mg 15 jours

19/04 1, 64 mg 21 jours

19/05 1,58 mg

24/07/19 1,44 mg

14/08/19 1,4 mg

27/09/19 1,48 mg

10/09/19 retour à 1,58 mg  27/12/19 retour à 1,65mg direct transition to fluoxetine the 11/01/2020 1,65mg

On 11/5/2019 at 12:11 AM, Guilietta said:

Hello Mustafa,

It sounds like you have taken some positive steps - and a decision ? and undernstanding for yourself. I am very glad. It is good to have a plan. We feel in control of our lives - even when we don't have as much control as we would like. :)

I understand that you asked this to @Gridley and I wonder if you and Gridley have spoken about bringing scientific / medical research findings to this physician?  He could benefit from learning from research and lead others. Does he believe in a team work approach to patient care? Where you evaluate the options together and you get to make the decision? As long as it is well considered and medically wise.

When will you move to a place of your own?

Dear gulietta, I think we are still very kind to think of psychiatrists as people who can care about us, Iam sorry for saying this but what I say is true for me at all. For sure they are humans but I think all of them are having antidepressants so, their lovely emotions towards patients are not found( as a cause of having ADs). I know iam writing tough words but it seems to be the truth. I don't discuss with him, I write to him because he never believed in withdrawals and I try to tell him they are found but iam sure if these drugs have withdrawals, he doesn't want to know this or he will immediately lose his job; Egyptian psychiatrist consider their job as antidepressants prescribers only. 

I don't know whether @Gridley have researches about proving the withdrawals from antidepressants, if you have, please send me them gridley and I will try to send them to many people.

I plan to move to my new place next week, on saturday, I only have a problem that iam not ok to serve myself, but obliged to try 😂 and hope my suffer won't last for very long time, iam better and want to be better all the time ♥️.

Big hugs to you .

@Erell, @rola, thank you my friends for your words, I really suffered alot before having friends like you, and I wont stop saying these words every time I reply to your comments because I feel this every time. 

I think I will move to my new place next Saturday. As I told gulietta above, I have a problem in serving myself and this is why I was very hesitated whether to be with them or away. For sure iam not totally realizing the consequences of this step but it is just to make time go with least suffer.

How about you my dears?♥️

Hello Mustafa,

12 minutes ago, mustafa said:

Egyptian psychiatrist consider their job as antidepressants prescribers only. 

Yes - you are quite right about the role of 'psychiatrists' and it is acknowledged by many patients in the US. Therapists and other social workers are those that I and most others here find helpful - if you can find a good one. The good ones help with problem solving skills, coping skills undestanding our emotions. 

Psychiatrists have a ' sweet gig' - they spend 15 minutes with us (on average) - write a script and send us on your way. They deny 'WD' and admit to side effects of the drug - so may abruptly change the drug or the dosage.

I think most of them should not be practicing medicine. ;) I truly believe it.

On 11/5/2019 at 2:02 AM, Erell said:

I am glad because I think that making this décision show that you Feel stronger. Really not easy to make decision while in WD, and you made it !

It is brave to move out on your own and especially in WD because it is a big change. Making a decision in WD is also though. It shows you can think positively about imprving your situation.

If you haven't lived on your own recently (or at all) and feel like you need setting up house so to speak - I think afriend could help you. Otherwise some of us might have some ideas. :)

hugs to you,

Guilietta

2 hours ago, mustafa said:

@Erell , @rola , merci mes amis pour vos paroles, j'ai vraiment beaucoup souffert avant d'avoir des amis comme vous, et je n'arrêterai pas de dire ces mots chaque fois que je répondrai à vos commentaires car je le ressens à chaque fois. 

Je pense que je vais déménager à ma nouvelle place samedi prochain. Comme je l’ai dit plus haut à gulietta, j’ai du mal à me servir et c’est pourquoi j’ai beaucoup hésité à rester avec eux ou à l’extérieur. Bien sûr, je ne réalise pas totalement les conséquences de cette étape, mais c’est juste pour faire passer le temps avec le moins de souffrances.

Et vous mes chers? ♥ ️

hi mustafa
it is normal for you to ask yourself questions about leaving your parents' home
but I think it will do you good and you'll do it
it is true that we were afraid to leave the family cocoon but it is necessary sometimes to be alone with oneself
after you will always have the possibility to go back if you are not good but I'm sure you'll get there
let us know about your move
see you soon 😉
I hope the translator translates well

18/06 2,66 mg

19/03 1,78 mg 15 jours

19/04 1, 64 mg 21 jours

19/05 1,58 mg

24/07/19 1,44 mg

14/08/19 1,4 mg

27/09/19 1,48 mg

52 minutes ago, rola said:

hi mustafa
it is normal for you to ask yourself questions about leaving your parents' home
but I think it will do you good and you'll do it
it is true that we were afraid to leave the family cocoon but it is necessary sometimes to be alone with oneself
after you will always have the possibility to go back if you are not good but I'm sure you'll get there
let us know about your move
see you soon 😉
I hope the translator translates well

No problem with your translator, the next time write your comment in French and english both, I love French so much♥️.

Take care of yourself.

• Moderator Emeritus

@mustafa

If you will look at the 3rd paragraph of the quote, these revised guidelines for Great Britain says,

"The amendment, dated September 2019, clarifies that there can be “substantial variation in people’s experience” and that symptoms can persist for months or more and be “more severe for some patients”.

I don't know if this will help you. Psychiatrists believe what they want to believe.

Gridley

The United Kingdom's medical treatment arbiter National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) just revised its guidelines for the use of antidepressants to treat depression.

You might print out this article from the UK's Royal Pharmaceutical Society journal for your doctors and pharmacists.

https://www.pharmaceutical-journal.com/news-and-analysis/news/nice-amends-depression-guideline-highlighting-severe-and-long-lasting-withdrawal-symptoms/20207226.article

NICE amends depression guideline highlighting 'severe' and long-lasting withdrawal symptoms

The Pharmaceutical Journal 22 OCT 2019 By Julia Robinson

The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) has amended its guidelines on depression in adults to highlight that antidepressant withdrawal symptoms may be severe in some patients.

The guidance, which was published in 2009 originally said that antidepressant withdrawal symptoms were usually “mild” and “self-limiting” over the course of a week.

The amendment, dated September 2019, clarifies that there can be “substantial variation in people’s experience” and that symptoms can persist for months or more and be “more severe for some patients”.

It also advises that before stopping antidepressant medication, patients should discuss the decision with their practitioner.

The amendments are in line with a position statement released by the Royal College of Psychiatrists (RCPsych) in May 2019.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

6 hours ago, mustafa said:

I only have a problem that iam not ok to serve myself, but obliged to try 😂 and hope my suffer won't last for very long time, iam better and want to be better all the time ♥️.

Mustafa - Do you mean that you have to cook for yourself?

@Erell and others tell me to take it one day at a time. :) Today I had a good morning. I am happy about that.

Hugs,

Giulietta

52 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

Mustafa - Do you mean that you have to cook for yourself?

@Erell and others tell me to take it one day at a time. :) Today I had a good morning. I am happy about that.

Hugs,

Giulietta

Ooooh iam very happy too, to be ok, this makes us all happy♥️, life is beautiful without antidepressants, isn't it?

For the serve i talked about, yes this is exactly what I mean, I can carry frozen food before moving away( the place I will move to is 3 hours far from my parents, by car) but it won't stay ok and tasty alot of time and I have to admit iam not clever at all in this job, cooking😂. I can also eat from delivery but would be expensive to me as I don't earn money to satisfy my needs. 

Tell me, do you live also on your own? and how old are u?( Don't tell if u don't want).

Take care of yourself dear.

Hugs♥️

2 hours ago, Gridley said:

@mustafa

If you will look at the 3rd paragraph of the quote, these revised guidelines for Great Britain says,

"The amendment, dated September 2019, clarifies that there can be “substantial variation in people’s experience” and that symptoms can persist for months or more and be “more severe for some patients”.

I don't know if this will help you. Psychiatrists believe what they want to believe.

Gridley

The United Kingdom's medical treatment arbiter National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) just revised its guidelines for the use of antidepressants to treat depression.

You might print out this article from the UK's Royal Pharmaceutical Society journal for your doctors and pharmacists.

https://www.pharmaceutical-journal.com/news-and-analysis/news/nice-amends-depression-guideline-highlighting-severe-and-long-lasting-withdrawal-symptoms/20207226.article

NICE amends depression guideline highlighting 'severe' and long-lasting withdrawal symptoms

The Pharmaceutical Journal 22 OCT 2019 By Julia Robinson

The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) has amended its guidelines on depression in adults to highlight that antidepressant withdrawal symptoms may be severe in some patients.

The guidance, which was published in 2009 originally said that antidepressant withdrawal symptoms were usually “mild” and “self-limiting” over the course of a week.

The amendment, dated September 2019, clarifies that there can be “substantial variation in people’s experience” and that symptoms can persist for months or more and be “more severe for some patients”.

It also advises that before stopping antidepressant medication, patients should discuss the decision with their practitioner.

The amendments are in line with a position statement released by the Royal College of Psychiatrists (RCPsych) in May 2019.

Oh my God, I never expected that researches concerning this issue are found. How can they last in prescribing these drugs despite this? Why don't parliament's enact laws to ban such poisons. 

If psychiatrists know this and neglect, they then have no difference to criminals.

I think I need to save your research, it would help  people who ask for these doctors' help, there is no benefit from showing them to psychiatrists.

56 minutes ago, mustafa said:

Why don't parliament's enact laws to ban such poisons.

Because big pharma owns members of parliament (UK) and members of congress (US).  The last I knew - there are at least 6  lobbyists for each member of congress (435 people).

The US FDA (Food and Drug Adminsitration) is complicit in this - as are other regulatory agencies around world - as they read new drug approvals, patient complaints (always call to report side effects to your local drug regulatory agency!), etc. They respond to law suits brought against drug makers.

As a general point of information - please look up more if interested - when you call the FDA - they collect a fair of information on you and your complaints, the drug, your dosage, etc, etc.

1 hour ago, mustafa said:

iam not clever at all in this job, cooking😂.

I guessed this. ;)  There are plenty of cookbooks out there and you can make larger portions to heat up (referred to as leftovers) to save you from cooking antoher complete meal.

I do not live alone. I am much older than you. It is good to be young and have your life ahead of you.  I am glad you have your own apartment.

Hello to all, 

Hard days for me, I have severe heart pain, severe pulpitaton and expect this severity to increase next days.

I hope I can hang-in safely.

Very afraid of the process of getting my awarenesss back but any way, I will wait and  choose to suffer.

I hope all of us be safe. It is really a very big and disturbing challenge .

Hi
mustafa
I understand what you feel because we live the same thing
I also have palpitations and a lot of anxiety but we have to live with it even if it is not easy
we have no choice but to wait until all these symptoms pass
I am wholeheartedly with you
courage and see you soon😉

salut
mustafa
je comprends ce que tu ressent  car on vit la meme chose
j ai aussi des palpitations et beaucoup d anxiété mais on est obligé de vivre avec meme si ce n est pas facile
on as pas le choix d 'attendre que tous ces symptômes passent 
je suis de tout coeur avec toi 
courage et à bientôt 

voici la version française 😁

18/06 2,66 mg

19/03 1,78 mg 15 jours

19/04 1, 64 mg 21 jours

19/05 1,58 mg

24/07/19 1,44 mg

14/08/19 1,4 mg

27/09/19 1,48 mg

• Moderator Emeritus
On 11/6/2019 at 1:56 PM, mustafa said:

Oh my God, I never expected that researches concerning this issue are found. How can they last in prescribing these drugs despite this? Why don't parliament's enact laws to ban such poisons. 

If psychiatrists know this and neglect, they then have no difference to criminals.

I think I need to save your research, it would help  people who ask for these doctors' help, there is no benefit from showing them to psychiatrists.

This is very new and has come about because of the work and activism of a lot of people for many years, including Altostrata here.  The movement has gained ground in the UK more than anywhere else at present, as far as I know. But hopefully other places will pick up on it.

We are all glad to see that at least one group of psychiatrists is admitting that AD withdrawal is a problem. There are still no extensive studies on this but it is good to see a beginning. The Royal College of Psychiatrists is beginning to show signs of having a slightly more open mind on the subject.

I recommend the book Anatomy of an Epidemic by Robert Whitaker, if you haven't seen it yet. It's been around for a while and I think it has been translated into other languages, so you can get it in whichever language you are most fluent in. (By the way, you have my admiration and respect for your ability to communicate in multiple languages!)

Mustafa, I stopped by your thread today because I wanted to say thank you for your support that I see you giving other people, as I read through their threads. In spite of your own suffering you are reaching out and helping others. I know people appreciate it, and I think your positive approach will also help with your own healing. Thank you!

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

Hello @mustafa 

You can also find Mr Whitaker discussing his book in youtube in a series of videos (as well as in other videos).

1 hour ago, Rhiannon said:

I recommend the book Anatomy of an Epidemic by Robert Whitaker, if you haven't seen it yet. It's been around for a while and I think it has been translated into other languages,

Hope you are well today

Giulietta

18 hours ago, Rhiannon said:

This is very new and has come about because of the work and activism of a lot of people for many years, including Altostrata here.  The movement has gained ground in the UK more than anywhere else at present, as far as I know. But hopefully other places will pick up on it.

We are all glad to see that at least one group of psychiatrists is admitting that AD withdrawal is a problem. There are still no extensive studies on this but it is good to see a beginning. The Royal College of Psychiatrists is beginning to show signs of having a slightly more open mind on the subject.

I recommend the book Anatomy of an Epidemic by Robert Whitaker, if you haven't seen it yet. It's been around for a while and I think it has been translated into other languages, so you can get it in whichever language you are most fluent in. (By the way, you have my admiration and respect for your ability to communicate in multiple languages!)

Mustafa, I stopped by your thread today because I wanted to say thank you for your support that I see you giving other people, as I read through their threads. In spite of your own suffering you are reaching out and helping others. I know people appreciate it, and I think your positive approach will also help with your own healing. Thank you!

Thank you Rhiannon for your fantastic words, motivation words and support are very gentle to our hearts, Really thanks for them.

I think it is very good as u said to have psychiatrists who believe in WD, during my psychiatric treatment and excessive suffer, it was impossible to find someone who believe in WD, but here is a full society confirms this truth, this is really helpful despite bad suffer. 

I took a look at the book you wrote about, it is about ADs harm as I could deduce. It may be helpful to convince people not to have ADS.

Finally I have to thank u and @Altostrata, I really consider you as angels, to do such effort to rescue alot of people

Iam sorry if my words are tough and not gentle, excuse me please if they are ❤️

20 hours ago, rola said:

voici la version française 😁

I loved it alot 😂, French is fantastic language, it is said that French expresses 'love' the best♥️

Thank you my dear rola for your support.

Iam sorry for any tough words but today I feel lazy like if iam lazy to talk, lazy to write, Iam able to identify my total improvement, iam much better, alot of things I can do and handle now.

Please excuse me for my words if they aren't gentle, please♥️.