mustafa: withdrawals

mustafa

4 hours ago, mustafa said:

did you know that your describtion is very calming?, it makes me focus on building and neglect destroy, thanks for this gridley, i would like @Erell and @Guilietta to see this.

Thank you for forwarding this message @mustafa  good way to describe neurotransmitters  😎

Hello Mustafa

Just checking in on you and hope you are enjoying your new digs.  Did you make it through any of my lengthy passage on memory, depersonalization, etc.?

I wonder if you had any thoughts.

6 minutes ago, Guilietta said:

Hello Mustafa

Just checking in on you and hope you are enjoying your new digs.  Did you make it through any of my lengthy passage on memory, depersonalization, etc.?

I wonder if you had any thoughts.

ohhh dear, iam very sorry, i was reminding myself very much to reply with my ideas to your post, iam very sorry it's a problem for me as you know my dear.

i think your ideas are ideal to handle such problem, i did this and continue to do it alot of times and the result is good, i wasn't a lot embarrassed, i didn't try it at work yet but i think  this(

2. Try to use bullet points for your answers under their questions.) is a good technique that can help. 

how about your visit to a new neurologist?, i hope you had good results.

sending hugs to you, dear.

i wasn't on a certain drug all the period. i took many drugs many times and for no very long period but to simplify.

--fluvoxamine maleate100 mg + amisulpride 200mg------started july 2012 and total taper in february 2015 ( 9 months without drugs then)

--sertraline 100mg -------started november 2015 and total taper (withoud reduction slowly) in november 2016( 4 months withoud drugs then).

--sertraline 100mg + quetiabine 25mg ( started in mars 2016 and for 7 months) then fluvoxamine maleate 100mg again for another 7months and after that a something like to use every drug for 14 days and for about 1.5 years.

--my last drug was trintellix 10 mg ( used it in 12/2018and total taper in 4/2019).

symptomts i have now ( bad concentration and problems in short and long memory+ bad depersonalization).

On 11/30/2019 at 4:25 PM, mustafa said:

ohhh dear, iam very sorry, i was reminding myself very much to reply with my ideas to your post, iam very sorry it's a problem for me as you know my dear.

Hello there -

I was wondering if it had some helpful ideas for you. I know it is a lot of text to wade through, organize your thoughts about it, etc. No need to sift through it all or respond. ;)  

I understand as it may often be for me

• slow to read through a lot of information,
  • to fully comprehend and organize the information and
  • decide how to respond to it

Seeing the same 'new' neurologist soon. Thank you for asking.

Giuilietta

I think it is silly that all what you can do is watching yourself but have no any ability to do anything.

Yesterday, I had a terror pulse which was a warn that many of them are on the way.

Iam very bothered from what's happening to me during a wave, I just start to ask myself, what's happening to me but I feel I can't ask for help.

I hope I still able to hang on.

i wasn't on a certain drug all the period. i took many drugs many times and for no very long period but to simplify.

--fluvoxamine maleate100 mg + amisulpride 200mg------started july 2012 and total taper in february 2015 ( 9 months without drugs then)

--sertraline 100mg -------started november 2015 and total taper (withoud reduction slowly) in november 2016( 4 months withoud drugs then).

--sertraline 100mg + quetiabine 25mg ( started in mars 2016 and for 7 months) then fluvoxamine maleate 100mg again for another 7months and after that a something like to use every drug for 14 days and for about 1.5 years.

--my last drug was trintellix 10 mg ( used it in 12/2018and total taper in 4/2019).

symptomts i have now ( bad concentration and problems in short and long memory+ bad depersonalization).

• Mentor
5 hours ago, mustafa said:

I think it is silly that all what you can do is watching yourself but have no any ability to do anything.

Yesterday, I had a terror pulse which was a warn that many of them are on the way.

Iam very bothered from what's happening to me during a wave, I just start to ask myself, what's happening to me but I feel I can't ask for help.

I hope I still able to hang on.

Power through. It will get better. I know it’s hard to believe it at this time, but it does. I get very minimal WDs now after such intense ones and 95% of them are caused when I let my nutrition slip. 

Remember everyday that passes is another day closer to being healed! 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

2008 to 2019  - 20 mg Paroxetine

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

• Moderator Emeritus

My dear friend

Just a quick note To give you my support.

Your words on my thread always comfort me, I wish I could do the same for you.

We are in the toughest  part of our life, but this isnt all our life.

Hugs ❤

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

@Cocopuffz17, i really know they would go, my problem is my fear of the process, what i will hang on against, i dont want to wait alot; thank you so much for your supporty dear❤️

@Erell, sure they are erell❤️, iam happy you had some relief from your anxiety

Wish a good day for both of you ❤️

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello mustafa, just dropped by to say Courage! You will do fine, but it's a process and a journey and I know it can be really tough sometimes. Windows and waves, my friend, up and down, but you will heal and you will emerge as long as you take care of yourself. Hang in there.

Started on Prozac and Xanax in 1992 for PTSD after an assault. One drug led to more, the usual story. Got sicker and sicker, but believed I needed the drugs for my "underlying disease". Long story...lost everything. Life savings, home, physical and mental health, relationships, friendships, ability to work, everything. Amitryptiline, Prozac, bupropion, buspirone, flurazepam, diazepam, alprazolam, Paxil, citalopram, lamotrigine, gabapentin...probably more I've forgotten. 

Started multidrug taper in Feb 2010.  Doing a very slow microtaper, down to low doses now and feeling SO much better, getting my old personality and my brain back! Able to work full time, have a full social life, and cope with stress better than ever. Not perfect, but much better. After 23 lost years. Big Pharma has a lot to answer for. And "medicine for profit" is just not a great idea.

Feb 15 2010:  300 mg Neurontin  200 Lamictal   10 Celexa      0.65 Xanax   and 5 mg Ambien 

Feb 10 2014:   62 Lamictal    1.1 Celexa         0.135 Xanax    1.8 Valium

Feb 10 2015:   50 Lamictal      0.875 Celexa    0.11 Xanax      1.5 Valium

Feb 15 2016:   47.5 Lamictal   0.75 Celexa      0.0875 Xanax    1.42 Valium    

2/12/20             12                       0.045               0.007                   1 

May 2021            7                       0.01                  0.0037                1

Feb 2022            6                      0!!!                     0.00167               0.98                2.5 mg Ambien

Oct 2022       4.5 mg Lamictal    (off Celexa, off Xanax)   0.95 Valium    Ambien, 1/4 to 1/2 of a 5 mg tablet 

I'm not a doctor. Any advice I give is just my civilian opinion.

• Mentor
4 hours ago, mustafa said:

@Cocopuffz17, i really know they would go, my problem is my fear of the process, what i will hang on against, i dont want to wait alot; thank you so much for your supporty dear❤️

It will be challenging that is for sure. This journey has made me x1000 times stronger as a person. Flip that mindset and know you will crush this and get through it and be a muncher stronger person from it! 

I follow The Plant Paradox lifestyle by Dr.Gundry. This lifestyle has given me my life back and I feel better than I have ever felt in my life. It has enabled me to finally get off of this medication and truly live my life. Nutrition is the key to health!!!!! 

Attempted 2 CT's around the 5-6 year mark. Were absolutely terrible and reinstated. Was never explained by the doctor the seriousness of the short half life of this drug. 

2017 - Attempted a tapered discontinuation of this drug and reinstated after being unsuccessful.

2019 - Feb. 12 - After a three month taper I am off of paroxetine. The 3 months were terrible, awful withdrawal feelings. I followed the doctors guidelines for the reduction of this drug and now know it was way too fast. 
2019 - Oct. 12 - 8 months off paroxetine. 75% improvement since coming off the drug. Definitely have had tons of challenges along the way. Let’s go!!!! 

2021 - Feb. 12 - 24 months off paroxetine. I have minor challenges now. Tinnitus/Headaches are still around but are reduced by a massive amount. 

15 hours ago, Rhiannon said:

Hello mustafa, just dropped by to say Courage! You will do fine, but it's a process and a journey and I know it can be really tough sometimes. Windows and waves, my friend, up and down, but you will heal and you will emerge as long as you take care of yourself. Hang in there.

My dear rhiannon, thank you so much for supporting me, i think half of my patience power comes from SA and all of you. Actually i had no choice except hanging in, iam not good at all on drugs so, i wont resort never to them, i only feel frustrated when i estimate or guess i will be ok after 2 months for example and after these months end, i find out that iam in need for more months; iam sorry my words are negative to you but i think you are aware how it goes for me. It js winter in egypt now, winter is ok fore because staying at home isn't upsetting or boring so i can withstand being at home for long times.

Excuse me for not passing by your thread, my language and position now dont qualify me to be effective on your thread, i apologize for this and please accept my apology ❤️

Have a good day, friend.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi dear Mustafa,

6 hours ago, mustafa said:

i only feel frustrated when i estimate or guess i will be ok after 2 months for example and after these months end, i find out that iam in need for more months; 

I utterly understand this...I think I'm doing the same! ;)

We probably underestimate the time all this process take. On the other hand, this kind of Guess helps us To keep hoping :)

I'm wondering: do you work?

big hugs ❤

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

26 minutes ago, Erell said:

Hi dear Mustafa,

I utterly understand this...I think I'm doing the same! ;)

We probably underestimate the time all this process take. On the other hand, this kind of Guess helps us To keep hoping :)

I'm wondering: do you work?

big hugs ❤

Dear erell, 

Iam a mechanical engineer, i stopped work months ago and you know the reason😂. I hope i can be back to work soon. 

How about you !?

• Moderator Emeritus
1 minute ago, mustafa said:

Dear erell, 

Iam a mechanical engineer, i stopped work months ago and you know the reason😂. I hope i can be back to work soon. 

How about you !?

I work as Project Manager in an association of disabled people.

And off work since 3d September...and hope I can be back To work soon too 🤗

Current medication :

2 minutes ago, Erell said:

I work as Project Manager in an association of disabled people.

And off work since 3d September...and hope I can be back To work soon too 🤗

Erell, we will ❤️

@Altostrata, @Gridley, @Rhiannon, i have a question please and i need its answer if you dont mind❤️; is there a difference between depersonalization, depression and anxiety, i know they all come witu each other that if iam stressed, then i feel depression but i wonder, can depersonalization be sever without being with severe depression?; I ask this because until now, i felt alot to be very detached but no severe depression, i had suicidal thoughts and not controled by me but i always tell meself: i wont be ok until i have deadly depression..

I know i mustn't do this but i cant do anything instead.

• Moderator Emeritus
28 minutes ago, mustafa said:

can depersonalization be sever without being with severe depression?

Depersonalization can exist separately from depression or anxiety.  They are three different symptoms.  They can exists together or separately.

Below is a part of an article Altostrata quoted listing the symptoms of depersonalization.

But first, I am confused by two of your sentences:

"...I always tell myself I won't be ok until I have deadly depression."  What do you mean?

AND

"I know I mustn't do this but I can't do anything instead,"  What is it that you know you mustn't do?

Here is the excerpt from the article.  These are symptoms that you MAY have with depersonalization.  You don't have to have all of them.

"The most clinically true and psychologically sharp descriptions of depersonalization are those given by people with DPD. In his excellent book, Stranger to Myself, medical journalist and DPD survivor Jeffrey Abugel summarizes eight symptoms a person with DPD may experience:

• Feeling panic. When a person first experiences DPD, he often feels as if he is going mad. Patients report feeling panic stricken, trapped "inside oneself" or thrown into an unfamiliar world they can't escape.
  • Lack of emotion. People with DPD describe feeling inhuman, like a robot or a rock. They experience a loss of spirit, "absence" of emotions, and no mood changes.
  • Feeling detached. People with DPD feel distant from others and themselves. Many describe the feeling of watching themselves, as if from above. Once-familiar objects seem strange.
  • Fixation/obsession. People with DPD repeatedly check their sanity. They sometimes fixate on the strangeness or foreignness of a single thought or object.
  • Abstract ruminating. People with DPD often dwell on the ideas of eternity and infinity. They think over and over about the nature of existence or the void and the dark mysteries of life.
  • Lifestyle changes. People with DPD are sometimes afraid to leave their houses or engage in activities that might trigger panic attacks. They stop traveling, talking to others, watching TV, even going to doctors.
  • Feeling possessed. People with DPD in some cases report feeling as if an evil entity has taken up residence inside their head, watching them and making negative comments.
  • Acting "as if." People with DPD suffer from not feeling that they are acting, but instead they have a strange feeling of "as-if acting." They feel that they "imitate" moods and expressions, as if trying to "act normal" around others. But they continue to feel like outsiders who aren't part of ordinary life."

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

On 12/7/2019 at 5:10 PM, Gridley said:

Depersonalization can exist separately from depression or anxiety.  They are three different symptoms.  They can exists together or separately.

Below is a part of an article Altostrata quoted listing the symptoms of depersonalization.

But first, I am confused by two of your sentences:

"...I always tell myself I won't be ok until I have deadly depression."  What do you mean?

AND

"I know I mustn't do this but I can't do anything instead,"  What is it that you know you mustn't do?

Here is the excerpt from the article.  These are symptoms that you MAY have with depersonalization.  You don't have to have all of them.

"The most clinically true and psychologically sharp descriptions of depersonalization are those given by people with DPD. In his excellent book, Stranger to Myself, medical journalist and DPD survivor Jeffrey Abugel summarizes eight symptoms a person with DPD may experience:

• Feeling panic. When a person first experiences DPD, he often feels as if he is going mad. Patients report feeling panic stricken, trapped "inside oneself" or thrown into an unfamiliar world they can't escape.
  • Lack of emotion. People with DPD describe feeling inhuman, like a robot or a rock. They experience a loss of spirit, "absence" of emotions, and no mood changes.
  • Feeling detached. People with DPD feel distant from others and themselves. Many describe the feeling of watching themselves, as if from above. Once-familiar objects seem strange.
  • Fixation/obsession. People with DPD repeatedly check their sanity. They sometimes fixate on the strangeness or foreignness of a single thought or object.
  • Abstract ruminating. People with DPD often dwell on the ideas of eternity and infinity. They think over and over about the nature of existence or the void and the dark mysteries of life.
  • Lifestyle changes. People with DPD are sometimes afraid to leave their houses or engage in activities that might trigger panic attacks. They stop traveling, talking to others, watching TV, even going to doctors.
  • Feeling possessed. People with DPD in some cases report feeling as if an evil entity has taken up residence inside their head, watching them and making negative comments.
  • Acting "as if." People with DPD suffer from not feeling that they are acting, but instead they have a strange feeling of "as-if acting." They feel that they "imitate" moods and expressions, as if trying to "act normal" around others. But they continue to feel like outsiders who aren't part of ordinary life."

Hi gridley,

Thank you for your rapid support to me, i read your words at the moment you published but i had balance problem so i couldnt answer you, iam very sorry.

At the beginning of my withdrawlas, something was very weired that how iam totally detached and cant enjoy anything and however, iam not panic nor stressed, i was telling myself: mustn't i be in depression or stress because of my case?, how i feel not panic? and then i started to tell myself again: this is all fake and i have great anxiety into my deep self and when my neurosmitters are ok, i will feel this stress, and because i didn't feel very bad depression until now, i believe that i still have another several months to be ok and this is upsetting.

When you told me they can come seperately, that was a great comfort to me and i started to think of the short time total recover again, thank you for this 😍.

I mean i mustn't make myself frightened by telling it that a great panic is waiting for me because this increses stress.

Your phrases about depersonalization is an exact description of my case especially the idea of infinity and the state ( world you dont know); i cant find anything is assuring to me, i think about the benefits from my life activities, i tell myself: why to work?, Why to marry? And why to have struggles in life?, i also find complements to people is with no effect to my spirit because i think life is fake and of course this is because of depersonalization.

I love the knowledge power, if iam panic, i know what i have exactly, this makes me not very panic but i think i didnt like to be like this at all; i wish i had never known any information about  WDs nor had suffered them. Knowledge is power but to be virgin and didnt suffer withdrawals is also power ( iam not sure about the word virgin, i want to say that you be haven't suffered at all from withdrawals).

Wish a good day for you my lovely friend gridley.

• Moderator Emeritus
13 minutes ago, mustafa said:

mustn't i be in depression or stress because of my case?

There is no reason to expect that you should be depressed.  Some people have depression as a symptom of withdrawal, some don't.  Don't worry about feeling stress when your neurotransmitters are fixed.  Everyone who heals has to learn to deal with emotions that the drugs suppressed.  This is a normal part of the process.

It is also normal in withdrawal to have feelings of "why work?" and why do anything.  Lack of motivation is a very common symptom of withdrawal.  So is anhedonia--the inability to feel pleasure.  These symptoms will fade with the passage of time.

All of us wish we had never taken the drugs or had to suffer withdrawal.  This is a normal feeling.  I have seen many people write on this site that, after they've gone through the process of withdrawal and healed, they are stronger, wiser people and that they have faced the worst and survived.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi dear Mustafa, 

I don't know if I understand Well : do you mean that :

- you think that before feeling healed you'll necessarily have To go through high terror and strong depression?

I don't know if it is what you mean, but if it is, here are my thoughts :

It is not because anxiety and despair are two very common symptoms that you'll necessarily have To go through them.

We don't necessarily go through all the list of symptoms during recovery, it seems To be a very individual process. 

Your main symptom seems To be depersonalization, which cover your emotions. So during your recovery you'll probably have To re-discover your émotions. As you said, they are there : you can Feel you have 'Anxiety in your deep self', because having emotions is normal, everybody has emotions inside.

Depersonalization hide them for now, but your recovery doesnt have To be a synonym of exploding of these emotions.

Émotions Will come back, but it can be gradual, while your Depersonalization Will gradually lower.

I don't know if i'm clear in English..

Big hugs my dear Mustafa ❤

Current medication :

Hello Mustafa,

I'm very sorry you are feeling crummy. @Gridley and @Erell have said everything (and more) that is part of WD. You are not the only one. That I suppose is reassuring, right? :) That is meant to be positive that you are not alone. Do these experiences/feelings happen every day all day, or on different days with a break? I find I have had them not every day. I believe they are part of WD.

The question about 'why bother' is honestly something we can experience if we are not in WD! I think most people have some days like that. It is normal. People are not meant to be sunny, gleeful, etc. all the time.

1 hour ago, Erell said:

We don't necessarily go through all the list of symptoms during recovery, it seems To be a very individual process.

If I look at the  list that @Gridley provided by glancing over it I have lifetyle changes, ruminating, what it's, high levels of anxiety (you might call it panic), plus a boatload of other symptoms.

1 hour ago, Erell said:

'Anxiety in your deep self', because having emotions is normal, everybody has emotions inside.

Anxiety is fear. Most of the negative emotions that cause us anxiety are based in fear. Although 'what if's' are not an emotion per se - they is fear. Working to overcome negative means learning skills (cognitive behavioral therapy) or CBT - and there is some of this on SA.

Everyone in life experiences fear. Some of us are seeking to cope with it - and we get a lot of credit for this. In the process - we unfortunately were given ADs - instead of therapy and training to handle these properly.

I am really sorry you are having a stinky day and sorry that I haven't been by. Having a lousy time of it myself so been silent. Thanks for checking in on me. :)

greeting 
Thank you for passing over my thread. 
I hope you are better and that everything is going well for you. 

Deroxat (paxil) 20 mg pour 10 ml

12/14 18 mg réduction de 5% tous les mois 13/01/15 14.4mg 15/08 9,6 mg 16.01 reduction3% 8 mg par mois 16/02 7,8 mg 18.02 3 mg

18.03 2,92 à 3% 5 mai 2018 2,74 mg 3% 5 mai 2018 2,74 mg 3% 5 mai 2018 2,74 mg 3% 5 mai 2018 2,74 mg

18/06 2,66 mg

26/06/18 2,58 mg en 26 jours

19/03 1,78 mg 15 jours

19/04 1, 64 mg 21 jours

19/05 1,58 mg

24/07/19 1,44 mg

14/08/19 1,4 mg

27/09/19 1,48 mg

10/09/19 retour à 1,58 mg  27/12/19 retour à 1,65mg direct transition to fluoxetine the 11/01/2020 1,65mg

On 12/8/2019 at 8:44 PM, Guilietta said:

Hello Mustafa,

I'm very sorry you are feeling crummy. @Gridley and @Erell have said everything (and more) that is part of WD. You are not the only one. That I suppose is reassuring, right? :) That is meant to be positive that you are not alone. Do these experiences/feelings happen every day all day, or on different days with a break? I find I have had them not every day. I believe they are part of WD.

The question about 'why bother' is honestly something we can experience if we are not in WD! I think most people have some days like that. It is normal. People are not meant to be sunny, gleeful, etc. all the time.

If I look at the  list that @Gridley provided by glancing over it I have lifetyle changes, ruminating, what it's, high levels of anxiety (you might call it panic), plus a boatload of other symptoms.

Anxiety is fear. Most of the negative emotions that cause us anxiety are based in fear. Although 'what if's' are not an emotion per se - they is fear. Working to overcome negative means learning skills (cognitive behavioral therapy) or CBT - and there is some of this on SA.

Everyone in life experiences fear. Some of us are seeking to cope with it - and we get a lot of credit for this. In the process - we unfortunately were given ADs - instead of therapy and training to handle these properly.

I am really sorry you are having a stinky day and sorry that I haven't been by. Having a lousy time of it myself so been silent. Thanks for checking in on me. :)

Hi guilietta, many thanks to you, you are doing an effort to support me and make my suffer easy, thank you my dear for your support❤️.

You are right, such emotions aren't only felt as WDs symptomts, in normal days, we can think like this yes, they only become hard because we don't have any other activities to forget about them and this is as a result of WDs symptomts like balance problems and so on.

For sure it is reassuring to know other people had the same symptomts and could survive, this is very supprting to tell yourself: no great damage will happen, i may suffer and badly suffer but i won't be damaged❤️; all these principals and hopes are considered to me as an engine.

Iam so sorry for me delayed reply, guilietta, i only had a lot of notifications because i follow alot of members here, excuse me for this.

How are you doing? ❤️

On 12/8/2019 at 6:53 PM, Gridley said:

There is no reason to expect that you should be depressed.  Some people have depression as a symptom of withdrawal, some don't.  Don't worry about feeling stress when your neurotransmitters are fixed.  Everyone who heals has to learn to deal with emotions that the drugs suppressed.  This is a normal part of the process.

It is also normal in withdrawal to have feelings of "why work?" and why do anything.  Lack of motivation is a very common symptom of withdrawal.  So is anhedonia--the inability to feel pleasure.  These symptoms will fade with the passage of time.

All of us wish we had never taken the drugs or had to suffer withdrawal.  This is a normal feeling.  I have seen many people write on this site that, after they've gone through the process of withdrawal and healed, they are stronger, wiser people and that they have faced the worst and survived.

Thank you gridley for your gentle and very reassuring words, it is like you exactly know what i want to hear, thank you so much ❤️.

Actually i had this depression( which i said i  didn't have till now), i notice it very high when i wake up and it is logic it won't last all the day, it must go down to help me survive.

As you say, i have learnt very important thing, patience, when i have a problem in my life, i will be quiet and patient, i now believe in the power of patience and time❤️.

• Mentor

Yes, @mustafa patience is very key. I never used to be patient. This WD journey has taught me you can’t rush it. Roll with it and every day it gets slightly better. Remember! Everyday that passes is one day closer to being healed! 

One thing i have now, cloudy vision; (when i look to the sky when it is about to rain at 5 pm), i feel less strong cloudy vision than iam now; iam so scared, i feel like i was in a deep sleep and will wake up😥.

Please god, i want it not teriffying😥.

• Moderator Emeritus

My dear friend, 

I'm thinking of you ❤❤❤

Current medication :

On 12/9/2019 at 8:55 PM, mustafa said:

Iam so sorry for me delayed reply, guilietta, i only had a lot of notifications because i follow alot of members here, excuse me for this.

How are you doing?

Hello dear Mustafa,

Never apologize. I get a lot of notifications too even though I 'follow' a few people - just because this is all I can really manage. It is nice to see how others are doing to assure them and also yourself that you are in the same boat.

And I can be long winded so reading and responding can be a bit much. I will try to be briefer. ;)

On 12/9/2019 at 9:02 PM, mustafa said:

Actually i had this depression( which i said i  didn't have till now), i notice it very high when i wake up and it is logic it won't last all the day

For me - depression wasn't one of the first symptoms.It came along a number of months after the anxiety/panic started. So you must be on the road! And when does it go away?  Yes, patience is key.

On 12/9/2019 at 9:13 PM, Cocopuffz17 said:

Roll with it and every day it gets slightly better.

Every day it gets better. Some times I have found I slide back a day or to - and then move forward. It is disappointing - but as is said - this is not a linear process.

You mentioned blurry vision. This is a common issue. I find that mine comes and goes. Even though my vision is generally blurry because of the other medicines I take - I do experience times when I can barely read a computer screen or a printed page. I don't know how severe yours is.

Thakn you for asking about me. I am in  wave, got hit with a very cruel remark from family this morning and late last week. When you have a moment, if you are intrested, you can check my page. I think I called you out - and that I am glad you are not living with your family now.  Unless you have gone back to live with them - but perhaps I may have missed that on your thread.

Hugs

Giuilietta

15 hours ago, Guilietta said:

Thakn you for asking about me. I am in  wave, got hit with a very cruel remark from family this morning and late last week.

Hi guilietta, iam very sorry to hear this, if i understand right and no problem with the translator, it is a problem for almost all of us, like you my parents see that i must go out of home and try to work as this would distract my time and make me forget but they also understand when i explain my problem to them but anyway i must be hit by them even if alittle but still occurs so don't let that bother you, it is normal; in normal conditions and if someone is depressed, then he should go out home to make the depression or anxiety down, this it what they advice and see as long as iam at home, the depression must then increase, they don't know about what is called neurosmitters' fix; i think you understand now what i mean to tell you.

Well, actually i can say, my biggest problem is my vision( as a problem of depersonalization), i think i know about blurred vision and i don't know, i can describle my vision problem as temporary blindness But i don't want to exaggerate, when iam on street and look at anything, i feel i don't see it, at the early times of my suffer, i thout several times that i could be tricked by my vision. Sometime i estimate i still have few months to have all neurosmitters connected and othertimes, i hope it is less but i feel i still want to survive❤️.

I always think of you and pass by your thread almost everyday but i may feel i don't have an addition to give to you, i follow you and get a notification with your activities ❤️ so, be sure i think of you alot, dear.

Thank you for being always close to me to give support guilietta❤️.

Have a nice day my dear friend.

17 hours ago, Erell said:

My dear friend, 

I'm thinking of you ❤❤❤

Dear erell,

Thank you so much, 

In those dark days i have from time to time, i tell myself: my friends are there waiting me to support if something is wrong, this becomes very reassuring, thank you erell i have you as friend❤️

Take care of yourself ❤️

• Moderator Emeritus
5 hours ago, mustafa said:

In those dark days i have from time to time, i tell myself: my friends are there waiting me to support if something is wrong

Yes, we are right here, holding your hand and thinking of you! ❤

Current medication :

Hello Mustafa,

Thank you for thinking of me. It is nice to know. Anytime you have anything tno add  is appreciated. ;)

9 hours ago, mustafa said:

I always think of you and pass by your thread almost everyday but i may feel i don't have an addition to give to you, i follow you

like you my parents see that i must go out of home and try to work as this would distract my time and make me forget but they also understand when i explain my problem to them but anyway i must be hit by them even if alittle but still occurs so don't let that bother you, it is normal

I am more sensitive especially now in WD - and particularly about what parents or family say to me. Even going out to get away from them my WD symptoms are worse. How do you cope with insults when you live with the insulters?  I find I cannot ignore it.  I never get an apology. 

I am trying to practice forgiveness to others but I am having trouble learning to do that so often. ;)

i feel i don't see it, at the early times of my suffer, i thout several times that i could be tricked by my vision.

Please be careful when you cross the street.  💗 I'm sorry about the vision problem. Does it come and go?

Hugs,

G..

16 hours ago, Guilietta said:

I am more sensitive especially now in WD

Hi my dear,

Yes we are sensitive during WDs and don't forget that we aren't able to think logically and understand logically, I think this may help you to not be sad, it is all a missunderstand problem, no one never mean to make you upset ❤️.; I understand what you mean guilietta, sometimes I tell myself to go out for work and I will bear as I can but I really can't.

don't forget it is a challenge. During challenges, you are exposed to bothering things, you should be strong and understand this may happen to you any time, right ? I want to tell you that this is normal and can't increase your stress, I hope you understand what I mean my dear, iam sorry my English declare isn't very good.

The worst thing about these antidepressants withdrawals is that they destroy everything, how you ask your self to practice forgiveness while are suffering, I know you forgive but it can be difficult to show this to everyone so, don't care alot about how you deal.

Do you understand my words!?

Have a great day, dear❤️.

Hi @Gridley, I hope you are ok.

When I have omega 3 capsule, I feel less depersonalized and feel my body is heavier( as I feel it very light from depersonalization) but in contrast I feel nervousness, rampage skin and I move alot and can't be quiet alot. 

I prefer these symptomts to the ones without omega 3 but I need to ask, can these new symptomts be just a stimulation and not an improvement?, If they are like this and I continued to have omega, will the recover time be delayed?

One more thing, what is the maximum dosage I can have from magnesium citrate?, I could get magnesium citrate as powder but it is 2000mg mag citrate/ 5 grams of powder.

Waiting for you gridley❤️.

• Moderator Emeritus
13 minutes ago, mustafa said:

When I have omega 3 capsule, I feel less depersonalized and feel my body is heavier( as I feel it very light from depersonalization) but in contrast I feel nervousness, rampage skin and I move alot and can't be quiet alot. 

Mustafa,

Omega 3's are essential fatty acids that are found in fish oils.  These fatty acids are composed of two components, EPA and DHA. They have different jobs and both are important. What's relevant in your situation is that EPA is more activating (stimulating) than DHA, so it is likely the EPA component that's causing the nervousness.  Since you prefer the symptoms of the omegas to the depersonalization without them, I would say that they are causing an improvement.  I do not think your recovery time will be delayed.  You could check the ratio of EPA to DHA in your brand and look for a brand with less ratio of EPA to DHA and see how that works.  

Regarding the magnesium, for someone not in withdrawal the recommendation is around 300mg to 400mg a day.  For us in withdrawal, I would start lower and work up.  The main thing that limits dosage of magnesium is that it has a laxative effect.  So you could move up in dosage until it starts having a laxative effect then cut back until it doesn't have that effect.

Gridley

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

@GridleyHello gridley 
Sorry to comment on mustafa profile but as you talk about fish oil.
I wanted to ask you, can fish oil cause headaches? 
because I started two days ago and I have a headache 
thank you for your answer 
@mustafa I hope you are better and sorry to write on your wall 

Deroxat (paxil) 20 mg pour 10 ml

12/14 18 mg réduction de 5% tous les mois 13/01/15 14.4mg 15/08 9,6 mg 16.01 reduction3% 8 mg par mois 16/02 7,8 mg 18.02 3 mg

18.03 2,92 à 3% 5 mai 2018 2,74 mg 3% 5 mai 2018 2,74 mg 3% 5 mai 2018 2,74 mg 3% 5 mai 2018 2,74 mg

18/06 2,66 mg

26/06/18 2,58 mg en 26 jours

19/03 1,78 mg 15 jours

19/04 1, 64 mg 21 jours

19/05 1,58 mg

24/07/19 1,44 mg

14/08/19 1,4 mg

27/09/19 1,48 mg

10/09/19 retour à 1,58 mg  27/12/19 retour à 1,65mg direct transition to fluoxetine the 11/01/2020 1,65mg