Markolo1980: Paxil witdrawal Please advise ( Markolo1980)

Markolo1980

• Administrator

Are your Paxil tablets old? Was there a change in brand?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

On 1/7/2020 at 2:29 PM, pinciukas said:

I have this symptom with forgot to breath! You are first from who I hear this. I have this all long during my tappering some night on and off. But always in the moment I am falling asleep not other time.

@pinciukis & @Markolo1980,

I have this symptom, too, on a very regular basis.  It’s just as Pinciukis describes it above.  It’s been going on for quite some time for me, but not every night.  
Best wishes,

Cathy

1999-2006 Luvox, xanax

2007-2009 Prozac, xanax, klonopin

2009-2018 Zoloft, xanax, klonopin

2019 January zoloft 150mg, February 100mg, April 75mg, mid-May 50mg, July 25mg, (xanax .5mg or .25mg as needed)

August zoloft 25mg HOLD, CT xanax, reinstate 50mg zoloft, September reinstate 100mg zoloft w/.375 klonopin, mid-September lower to 75mg zoloft

2020 January:  .125mg klonopin 

February 1st: .112mg klonopin

February 24th:  60.3mgai zoloft

2020 December 1st:  off klonopin completely

currently on 15mgai zoloft 

@Altostrata, nope same brand and tablets might be max half year old. Not even close to expiring. 
I’ll take it as a side effect of energy healer. If it doesn’t get better, I’ll updose to 25mg.

@Cathy4 I had it for about a week, it frightened me, but than it just passed...wish you all the best...it will go away!

2007-2015  10mg Lexapro ( escitalopram )

2015 november stopped cold turkey

2016 june - 2017 avgust 20mg Lexapro

cause it didn’t work for me anymore, psychiatrist  switched me to paxil

2017 avgust-  2019 february  40mg Paxil

2019 february lowered dose to 35 mg Paxil

2019 march lowered dose to 30 mg Paxil

2019 15.june lowered dose to 20mg Paxil

@Altostrata hi, please advise. I’ll updose tonight my paxil from 20mg to 25mg. Its hard to updose less than that , cause I have 20mg pills. Is it ok? I can’t do much here about weighting pills, causes im on holidays skiing. 

I’ll do updose because last few days I’ve been experiencing this horrible “attacks” of extreme weakness, my legs can’t hold me, high anxiety and it scares me a lot. 

please advise I’m really scared what to  do :(

• Administrator

I can't predict what will happen. Since you had been taking 20mg Paxil earlier in the year and seemed to be okay on it, it would be unusual that you'd need to updose now, without any events that caused the Paxil dose to change.

Is it possible you have a medical condition apart from taking Paxil?

Your guess is as good as mine in this situation. If I were you, I would not jump to 25mg Paxil, a 25% increase over 20mg, but try a more cautious updose.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

11 hours ago, Markolo1980 said:

@Altostrata hi, please advise. I’ll updose tonight my paxil from 20mg to 25mg. Its hard to updose less than that , cause I have 20mg pills. Is it ok? I can’t do much here about weighting pills, causes im on holidays skiing. 

I’ll do updose because last few days I’ve been experiencing this horrible “attacks” of extreme weakness, my legs can’t hold me, high anxiety and it scares me a lot. 

please advise I’m really scared what to  do :(

I did the same but not so high updose from 7 to 9. Because I had so bad anxiety attacks and agoraphobia that I can't go outside or do anything than lying in my bed. It's only 4rd day but I feel much better. Hope you will improve!

AD: Seroxat since 2005 20 mg and tapering from March 2018 10% every 4 weeks.

15-11-2019 down to 5.5 mg 

28-12-2019 crashed really bad on 5.5mg 

01-01-2020 updose to 7mg

16-01-2020 Updose to 9 mg

Benzos: Bromazepam 1.5 mg daily since 2015

Quit CT Bromazepam 16-01-2020 No withdrawals 

Occasionally 1.5 mg extra

Last extra 1.5 mg 12-01-2020

No, no other medical condition @Altostrata. I haven’t updosed yet, but if I do, I’ll listen to your advice and make a small one to 22mg.

I know my last reduction was 6 months ago, but I’ve been having new totally unknown symptoms every now and than. In september crazy depersonalization spells. Around November this strange feeling of not breathing just before I would fall asleep. Both diminished.
And now this scary spells of extreme weakness accompanied with anxiety; its even hard to explain them. I’ve had two so far in the last couple of days and now I’m in constant fear to have another one. If i think now, maybe there really was much more stress lately at my work, maybe this might trigger it. I’m just guessing....

@pinciukasthank you very much for your support !!!

• Administrator

How long do these spells last?

Do you have a tendency towards health anxiety?

Well spells last few minutes its like kind of attack. After its gone , anxiety comes cause of fear. Plus in the mornings I wake up with extreme hunger. Very interesting. But all this just the last week. This is all totally new to me.

Never had tendency towards health anxiety. I know I’m healthy. Few months ago I had this complete medical test which lasts 3 days and they check you out completely. All was perfect! Which I all ready knew before.

• 2 weeks later...

Somedays I just get crippled by anxiety and strange feelings in my head :( 

• 1 year later...

@Markolo1980

How are you doing? I hope wherever you are in Europe, it’s warming up like here in the UK.

Came across your thread when looking into HGH as the reported effects within the body seem too good to be true, I’m not sure I’ll go with it, or GABA as it produces hgh.

Again, hope you’ve stayed well through the pandemic,

Icip.

Early September 2019 - One 25mg dose of Sertraline taken.

Early October 2019 - Five 25mg doses (pills) of Sertraline taken for five consecutive days.

Withdrawal/reaction happened on the 27th of October (2019) in the evening.

Symptoms that have gone: Joint and muscle pain/weakness in my legs, phantom senses, chemical dread, chemical fear, DP/DR has gotten a lot lot better than what it is now, it was one of my worst and all-encompassing symptoms when it started, awful aphasia, parkinsonism, head pressure, pressure in my frontal lobe when trying to think/work out something, inability to plan or execute anything//feelings of being literally scatterbrained, inability to think in my head other than slight acknowledgements - the voice in my head sounded weak and 'small' like it was restrained to a much smaller area of my brain, constant fatigue, emotional numbness, constant eyestrain, and changes in perception of colour/contrast in sight.

Main remaining symptoms: Visual Snow/HPPD, derealisation, tinnitus, and brain/cog fog.

Drug free.