Tom2020: bad withdrawal from short-term lyrica microdose and don't know how much I'm taking

Tom2020

1 hour ago, traz23 said:

@Tom2020 : you mentioned you stopped pregabalin some time ago due to side-effects. Would you mind sharing what were the most bothorsome side-effects?

The side effects of being on pregabalin were nothing compared to the side effects of the withdrawal. Are you interested in the WD side effects too?

• 1995-present: on and off various antidepressants, and many changes in dose. Never tapered properly
  • 2012-present: citalopram. Steady dose of 27.5mg since July 2020
  • 2020: pregabalin for 2 months. Very bad withdrawal.
  • Current daily medications: 27.5mg citalopram. 1mg melatonin, 4mg doxazosin, 300mg docusate.
  • My intro topic

Thank you for sharing the list of side effects from taking the medication, fellow Canuck 🙂; when it comes to withdrawal symptoms I reckon they'd be similar to benzo and AD withdrawal which I went through myself. And indeed, it looks like  those side effects are not something easy to ignore and push through treatment with pregabalin, for sure. 

Feb '21 - Oct '21 Zolpidem 5/10 mg Crossed over to Diazepam in Nov '21
Sep '21 - Oct '21 Zopiclone 7.5 mg Alternated with Zolpidem every 2 weeks between Sep '21 and Oct '21. CTed Oct '21
Nov '21 - Jan 22 Diazepam 3.75 tapered to 0
Dec '20 - Jun '21 Trazodone 50-75-100-75

Jun '21 - Sep '21 Trazodone 75 

Sep '21 - Trazodone "tapered" down to 0 over 2 weeks; Reinstated 50 mg after few days

Oct '21 - Nov '21 Trazodone 75 mg
Nov '21 - Back to 50 mg Trazodone. started slow taper
Dec '22 - approx 29mg. Tried updosing to 31 mg; failed; back down to 29 mg and holding

Mar 23 - Pregabalin 50x2
Supplements: Centrum multivitamin, Mg 450 mg, Omega 3 fish oil 1600 mg, Vit C 500 mg, Probiotic, Fe 48mg, Glucosamine/MSM/Chondroitin Vit D 1000

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

Hello, @Tom2020, how are you doing?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.