Hakn: want to recover Zyprexa

Hakn

Took and stopped prozac and abilify with not much problem. Following ocd depression and a panic attack took them again. After a week constant panic attack and insomnia. Doctor gives lexapro(10) and zyprexa(5). A Week later i decide i have to stop. Tried tapering zyprexa but because of the ocd coming back failed badly. Took 3 months.Some kindling in the stopping process hurt me. Quit after like a 1 mg a week and  at 0.6 mg. After 2 days at 0 mg i had very good energy just breathing made me smile. Then the energy decreased and 4 days later sleep problems started so i took zyprexa again 0.6 mg maybe. After two days sleep kinda stabilised so i stopped. 10 days later im worse than i started but not taking the drug is helping me cope. I pray i didnt do damage. Should i reinstate? Also currently trying to lower lexapro.

2016 abilify 5mg for ocd. After couple months prozac+abilify 2.5mg.

2017 quit abilfy, couple of months later quit prozac CT, without much issue.

2019/8 OCD triggered panic attack.> Cause of stupid parent took abilfy and prozac at the same time for a week. Transported to hell.

2019/8 Cut the prozac abilfy after a week and took escitalopram and olanzapine for a month. After a week i read this place and decide to quit those. But im stupid as my parent is.

2020/4? After olanzapine is out in 3 months i try to quit escitalopram, takes ~7 months

2020/12? After escitalopram is out im unwell, took abilfy 5 and sertaline 50.

2021/1? abilfy 2.5mg sertaline 25mg

2021/2 Started quitting abilfy and sertaline starting with abilfy

2021/7? Abilfy is out by cutting around a quarter a month

2021/9? Quitting sertaline

2022/5? Sertaline amount is some dust. Was quartering and grinding the remaning quarters to 0. So around 25% month. *But a very erratic decrease rather than a taper*

2022/7 day 27 After feeling some wd, i took <0.05? sertaline.

• Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to SA, Hakm.

We need a little more information about your drug history.

1.  You said you took 5mg Zyprexa for 3 months.  What was the date you started?

2.  You then tapered by 1mg a week until you reached 0.6mg Zyprexa.  Is that correct?

2.  What was the date (approximate is fine) you reached 0.6mg Zyprexa after tapering from 5mg?

3.  What date did you drop to 0mg?

4.  What date did you start taking 0.6mg again?

5.  You are now 10 days from then you dropped from 0.6mg to zero.  Is that correct?

6.  What do you mean when you say, "not taking the drug is helping me cope"?

Starting and stopping these very powerful drugs is destabilizing to your system.  You are experiencing withdrawal from changing your drugs and dosage  and tapering too fast.  

Why taper by 10% of my dosage?

What is withdrawal syndrome.

Once you've answered these questions, we can suggest a reinstatement for of zyprexa.  Is reinstatement of zyprexa something you want to consider?

Regarding the Lexapro, I would recommend you stop tapering and hold there you are.  Your system is very sensitized and needs to stabilize before tapering the Lexapro.  You need to be thinking in terms of months before continuing tapering Lexapro.  WE recommend tapering and changing doses of only one drug at a time.  Otherwise, if there are problems you won't know the cause.

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker 

Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) 

Add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems.

This is your Introductory topic, where you can ask questions and connect with other members.  We're glad you found your way here.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

• ChessieCat changed the title to Hakn: want to recover Zyprexa

I started on march 30. I tapered erratiaclly until i got to around 1 mg then stayed there a week. Then i took what i aproximate 0.6 mg. So took about 3 months to reach 0.6. I took about 0.6 2 3 days then stopped for 6 days, took again for 2 days and stopped.  I guess i stopped around at agust 1. Being at 0 mg and not messing with dosage is easing at least. Sleep was hanging there so i didnt reinstate but it got worse today. Im starting to have little disturbances in balance, vision is disturbed like when looking past objects i dont filter them like before. After kindling cause couldnt sleep, when im about to sleep my inner voice utters by itself like some muscle twitch.  I think of reinstatement if things are going to get worse. But for 13 14 days i maneged to stay at 0. Thanks.

2019/8 OCD triggered panic attack.> Cause of stupid parent took abilfy and prozac at the same time for a week. Transported to hell.

2019/8 Cut the prozac abilfy after a week and took escitalopram and olanzapine for a month. After a week i read this place and decide to quit those. But im stupid as my parent is.

2020/4? After olanzapine is out in 3 months i try to quit escitalopram, takes ~7 months

2022/5? Sertaline amount is some dust. Was quartering and grinding the remaning quarters to 0. So around 25% month. *But a very erratic decrease rather than a taper*

• Moderator Emeritus
12 hours ago, Hakn said:

I think of reinstatement if things are going to get worse.

If you do decide to reinstate, it's better the reinstate as soon as possible after your last dose.  I wouldn't reinstate all the way back to 0.6mg, since your system has possibly gotten somewhat accustomed to not having the drug.  You could try reinstating 0.3mg.

As I said previously, I would stop tapering Lexapro and hold where you are. Your system needs stability now.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

Hello. Its been around 15 days since a fast and bad olanzapine taper. Is it possibly bad im not experiencing too much withdrawal? I had some window and waves but not currently. So does that mean im not healing well? I kind of dont feel horrid but havent felt good or normal either. Sleep is interrutpted once but its 7 hours. I read someone expreince insomnia after a month though. How likely ıs reinstatement better action?

• Mentor

@Hakn

7 hours ago, Hakn said:

Is it possibly bad im not experiencing too much withdrawal? I had some window and waves but not currently. So does that mean im not healing well? I

Healing can take time. Dont focus and compare to others. Every journey and recovery is different. Our bodies are powerful and resourceful in healing us. Have faith, its important and focus on the positive aspects you are having.

Please put your drug and withdrawal history in your signature it would be greatly appreciated,

here is a link for windows and waves pattern

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/82-the-windows-and-waves-pattern-of-stabilization/

My best wishes to you.

1999-2020  20 mg Paxil

Bridged with Fluoxetine to help me get off Paxil.

2022 Fluoxetine 15 mg 12/12 14mg 27/12  13mg jan 12mg feb 11mg mars 10mg, 9 mg 8,5 mg 7.6mg 7.0 mg 6,3 mg 5,6 mg 5,0 mg 4,5 mg 4,0 mg 3.6mg 3,2 mg 2,9 mg 2,6 mg 2,3 mg 2,0 mg 1.8 mg

I am not a medical professional nor is this a medical advice. I only talk from my own experience.

Thank you. I actually stopped at my second week and felt good then got hit with withdrawal and started again. Wish i had reinstated at low dose instead. Doctor told me to restart at full dose.

Now i need to decide wheter to reinstate. Not getting better overall.

• Mentor

You are welcome.

On 8/16/2020 at 1:59 PM, Gridley said:

If you do decide to reinstate, it's better the reinstate as soon as possible after your last dose.  I wouldn't reinstate all the way back to 0.6mg, since your system has possibly gotten somewhat accustomed to not having the drug

keep this in mind.

About reinstating and stabilizing to reduce withdrawal symptoms

Take care.

1999-2020  20 mg Paxil

Bridged with Fluoxetine to help me get off Paxil.

2022 Fluoxetine 15 mg 12/12 14mg 27/12  13mg jan 12mg feb 11mg mars 10mg, 9 mg 8,5 mg 7.6mg 7.0 mg 6,3 mg 5,6 mg 5,0 mg 4,5 mg 4,0 mg 3.6mg 3,2 mg 2,9 mg 2,6 mg 2,3 mg 2,0 mg 1.8 mg

I am not a medical professional nor is this a medical advice. I only talk from my own experience.

I was not improving so yesterday i took a pebble of zyprexa(0.025 mg?) but i dont see relief. Reinstatement might not be good. Would hyperbaric oxygen therapy help or destabilize system?

So i panicked messed up my taper and froze. I dont mind pain i just want to heal fully. After i took a pebble after 15 days i experienced some improvement but it didnt last. Should i try taking again? Am i in wd? Experiencing some anhedonia i guess and lights make bigger halos and some minor muscle twitching. Ocd is worse. I Wasnt enthuastic to begin with cant bear loss properly.

you are definitely in withdrawal. you beed to ride it out in a consistent way. inconsistency will destabilize you. from what i have read, predict at least 6 weeks of abnoramality once you reach 0, though that varies from  person to person. you are likely better in withdrawal then when you stopped, so keep committed to seeing the withdrawal through. only reinstate consistently at a super low dose if you absolutely must.

Rabavert rabies vaccine February 2020, 2 doses. Seroquel 25 mg end of March 2020, immediately had some involuntary movement. Switched to Trazodone and had an Akathesia episode and involuntary movement, was up for 24 hours pacing. The next week was put on Citalopram 10mg, immediately got dyskinesia (pill rolling, teeth grinding, twitching, teeth licking, bunny nose) with compulsive behaviour. Hospitalized April 2020, put on Respiridone 0.125 upped to 0.25 for 2 weeks. Quit April 29 after tapering to 0.125 mg for 3 days. Continued to be misdiagnosed as psychiatric and put on 2.5 Olanzapine April 14, 2020, upped to 5 mg and 150 Zoloft (!!!) July 2020. Diagnosed as having post-infectious Functional Neurological Disorder with a CSF leak in my brain and advised to taper off meds by neurologist. Tapered Zoloft until August 10 to 0, no side effects. Tapered 5mg Olanzapine July 31, 2020 to 0.75 August 21, 2020. September 1 reached 0.61mg but had diarrhea and nighttime awakenings in a half-asleep state with body sweats and some involuntary movements. Quit Zyprexa completely September 3, 2020. Sweating, muscle pain, broken sleep, itching and diarrhea for a week, seemingly improving now on September 13, 2020. Taking Lion's Mane Mushroom 1000mg, 200mg magnesium, 500mg Vitamin C/D, 550mg Turmeric daily.

• 2 weeks later...

I have read medicenes lose effectiveness after some time. So i have some olanzapine pebbles left in open for some time. They lost some colour. Assuming it interacts with air and oxidises, would that decrease the potency of it? Which would benefit when reinstating? Or some random effect happens then its a bad idea.

I realised that wasnt a good idea but cant delete post.

During taper i couldnt sleep 2 occasions so i took some more  which kindled me. Since then when im about to sleep my inner voice takes off by itself.  I guess It is subsiding. What to do after kindling?

I reduced lexapro to 5 i think its detreminental to healing. How likeliy Is anhedonia caused by lexapro?

I got blood test i have high cholestrol at 23. I think this drug makes brain insulin resistance. I looked at reinstatement at forum, people generally reinstate cause of sleep. Should i reinstate cause of anhedonia? Can someone answer? 

Neuroleptics can provoke anhedonia as they block dopamine and serotonin receptors so it is probably not wise to reinstate for such a ptoblem.

Rabavert rabies vaccine February 2020, 2 doses. Seroquel 25 mg end of March 2020, immediately had some involuntary movement. Switched to Trazodone and had an Akathesia episode and involuntary movement, was up for 24 hours pacing. The next week was put on Citalopram 10mg, immediately got dyskinesia (pill rolling, teeth grinding, twitching, teeth licking, bunny nose) with compulsive behaviour. Hospitalized April 2020, put on Respiridone 0.125 upped to 0.25 for 2 weeks. Quit April 29 after tapering to 0.125 mg for 3 days. Continued to be misdiagnosed as psychiatric and put on 2.5 Olanzapine April 14, 2020, upped to 5 mg and 150 Zoloft (!!!) July 2020. Diagnosed as having post-infectious Functional Neurological Disorder with a CSF leak in my brain and advised to taper off meds by neurologist. Tapered Zoloft until August 10 to 0, no side effects. Tapered 5mg Olanzapine July 31, 2020 to 0.75 August 21, 2020. September 1 reached 0.61mg but had diarrhea and nighttime awakenings in a half-asleep state with body sweats and some involuntary movements. Quit Zyprexa completely September 3, 2020. Sweating, muscle pain, broken sleep, itching and diarrhea for a week, seemingly improving now on September 13, 2020. Taking Lion's Mane Mushroom 1000mg, 200mg magnesium, 500mg Vitamin C/D, 550mg Turmeric daily.

I thought more of going back to a similar state. I read some serotonin receptors inhibit dopamine also. Actually i think less than 0.5 goes to serotonin receptors possibly making sleep worse.

Im dissolving 5 mg lexapro in 10cc water. up until now i didnt notice that much. Maybe head pressure/heat. But will stop at 3cc so 1.5 mg. Splitting the dose. Actually it seems taking the drug awakens the withdrawal. Is lack of motivation lexapro or zyprexa withdrawal?

• Moderator Emeritus

Hello Hakn

Could you please create your signature ?

This will help to see all your history at a glance.

Here is a direct link to your signature : 

https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/settings/signature/

Include drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements. Also include supplements.

Take care ☀️

2006 : 20mg Paxil+Bromazepam. 2008 : cold turkey of both. 2010 : Reinstatement 20mg Paxil + Bromazepam.

2014-June2017 : Switch from Bromazepam to Prazepam, slow taper to 0mg.

2018 to August 2019 : Paxil 20mg taper (3% every 15 days). 22 Aug 2019 updose to 10mg (was at 8.4mg).

25th Sept 2019 To April 2020 : found SA, holding at 10mg Paxil. 

April 2020 : Paxil 10mg to Prozac 7mg bridge. Details topic/21457

Current Supplements : magnesium citrate + fish oil

Current medication :

* 7pm Diazepam  : 0.85mg (15 Aug 2022) / 0.95 mg (24 April 2022) / 1mg Diazepam (since 29 Aug 2020)

* 8am Prozac : 6.16mg (25 oct 2022, feel awful, slight updose) / 6.08 mg (9 oct 2022) / 6.24mg (11 July 22) / 6.44mg (22 May 22) / 6.64mg (4 Nov 21) / 6.72mg (8 oct 21) / 6.8 mg (15 Sept 21)6.88mg (14 Aug 21)/ 6.92mg (23 Jun 21)

I am not a professional, I don't give medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

Yes i was gonna do that but kept procastinading it. Essentially kept reducing zyprexa after one wave then window/hypomania each night and it got stronger until i cut then it subsided but im not back to normal. Then i cut 10 mg lexapro to 1.5 without much effect. I think of taking zyprexa dust to see effect, thinking that for 15 days. 15 day ago taking dust did made me feel bad at first but next day maybe i was better. 

• 3 weeks later...

Some lexapro spilled on my hand and it caused a little rash so i might be allergic to it. I guees i wont take it since im at .25 mg. But my tinnitus increased at the end of taper and wihdrawal might make it worse. Any ideas?

Drug allergy lexapro question

Some lexapro spilled on my hand and it caused a little rash so i might be allergic to it. I guees i wont take it since im at .25 mg. But my tinnitus increased at the end of taper and wihdrawal might make it worse. Funny if i had never come here and ct ed i could be better. What else to do against allergy? Any ideas?

Edited by ChessieCat
added topic title

• 3 months later...

Hello, i realised i might be in windows and waves all this time. Intial withdrawal of drugs i pushed through but lately after extreme stress i started getting bad waves at mid day. Lost 20 kg and have double vison, palinopsa. I was linking it to something else but it could be withdrawal. What do i do reinstate?

• 3 weeks later...

Can i take 12.5 mg zoloft after stopping lexapro? Its given because its preffered for ocd but i dont know if im in lexapro wd. After quitting lexapro i had increased arousal then i got corona and after 1 month of giong through infection i had a burst of anxiety, since i didnt get better.

• 10 months later...

sertaline abilify withdrawal help!

Hello, english is not my first language. After somehow going through zyprexa and lexapro wd i was given sertaline and abilify. Used sert abi at approximetly half dose for around a year.

When i would decrease the doses i would get bad for a day but i kept tapering. Last 5 days i have decreased sertaline from quarter and a half quarter to quarter plus some crumbs.

Yesterday i wasnt feeling well around nigth so i took some sertaline thinking wd and got better. But after 3 hours at 4 am i got worse again so i took a crumb of sertaline And abilify, thinking my levels of both drugs were too low. Immediatly after some minutes my head was burning ish, and maybe my genital wasnt as sensitive. Today i woke up at 10 am and my tinnitus is worse and it was hard to get an erection.

My question is did taking a crumb of sert and abi at wd at the same time do anything or am i in just wd of both drugs?

I took half a quarter of sert now( i take sert at day abi at nigth) and my tinnitus seems lowered.

Edited by ChessieCat
added Intro topic title before merging with intro topic

Hello i somehow got through this. Then i started abilify and sertaline. After a year i was reducing the dose for both and getting wd for a day. Last 5 days i was at quarter of a quarter for abilify and quarter plus half a quarter for sertaline. i decreased both and yesterday i was getting wd at nigth so i took some more sertaline and got better.

My question is here. After 2-3 hours i took a crubmle of both sert and abilify thinking my blood levels were low of both. After 5 minutes i was having a burning sens in my head and maybe genitals werent as sensitive. Today after i wake up my tinnitus is worse and it was hard to get a erection. I took quarter sert and got better.

Did taking a crumble of both drugs at the same time did anything or is this just wd of both drugs?

please help would taking a crumble of both drugs at the same time would do anything?

Hi @Hakn

To help us answer your questions, please fix your signature here so it is a list that show the dates/dose of the drugs you have taken and shows clearly what you are taking now. Not symptoms or other information.

It it important to keep a schedule where you take abilify and sertraline at their set times each day and the same dose. Don't take different doses different days.

Considerations about "Stability" - Stop jumping around!

Keep it simple, slow and stable

These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I have learned, not medical advice.

Drug history

2002-2019 Citalopram/Escitalopram, Lamictal
2019 April Escitalopram, quit at 10mg (withdrawal), Oct Escitalopram 10mg reinstated, quit after a few days (adverse reaction)

2019 Oct Lamictal cut from 200mg to 100mg
2019 Dec Lithium 83x2 mg

2020 Aug-Nov Lamictal tapered to 50 mg

2020 Nov 24 Lithium taper started, 30 Jan off Lithium

2021 15. March-31. May Lamictal tapered to 32.5 mg (holding)

2022 10. Jan started taking 25mg+5mg+2mg+0.5 liquid, 22. Jan went back to taking 25mg+5mg+half 5mg

• 6 months later...

Upp im afraid i would fail a reinstate but i quit too fast...

*Scroll to this post* At this point I am at withdrawal. At the start of year quited 25 mg sertaline, taking 5 months ( most of it in 4 months, quited remaning 0.3 to 1 mg in 1.5 months  ) , with an already unstable system. I was not responsible or intelligent enough to taper properly. How can i DECIDE if i should reinstate the sertaline? I have some wd, but probably not blatant. Some head sensation, like the type of burn a 9 volt battery would make is the only 'pysichal' symptom i can name. But im likely to overlook what im actually in...

• 2 weeks later...

Why cant i get any response? Or is it the forum

• Moderator Emeritus

It was requested for you to change your drug signature so that we can see dates and doses at a glance and not have to read through it to try and figure out what changes you have made.

On 1/11/2022 at 6:06 AM, Kiasofia said:

To help us answer your questions, please fix your signature here so it is a list that show the dates/dose of the drugs you have taken and shows clearly what you are taking now. Not symptoms or other information.

Just list:

drug name:  date, dose; date dose; date, dose

drug name:  date, dose; date dose; date, dose

Please post telling us that you have changed your signature.  Thank you.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

Yes of course. After getting sleep i will post.

As of the moment i had to fearfully get up from bed,  it felt like some hellish anxiety was about to come.

I was withdrawing from 50mg sertaline, first 25mg was not bad.

I just supposedly took 1/8 of the last dose i took( i was shedding some of the sertaline into table, then picking the sertaline dust with finger/food) which is maybe 1/8 of 0.3 mg. I don't know.

I just feared taking a dose more than the day before, so i foolishly decreased the dose, in dust amounts, every day until it run out.

I think i messed up tapering, but it was maybe better than a CT.

I didnt felt good after trying to take a miniscule dose. I dont know how much it was mabye 0.1mg? i dont want to reinstate at this point.

I grinded some little sertaline dust, picked it up with a date and made a small ball of date with sertaline dust in it. After thinking i was in wd, i took 1/16th of it.

It should be something like <0.06mg? sertaline. Can that amount be activating or what im suffering is just the WD what do you think?

I didnt touched it after so just suffering, I dont even mind the wd that much if what i took didnt do much of a thing.