Elina

hei kaikki, aloin syödä sertraliinia annoksella 25 mg-> 50 mg heinäkuussa 2016. Menin ylinopeuteen, olin hypomaninen ja marraskuussa lääke laukaisi manian. Minulla ei ollut lääkitystä tai hoidon seurantaa tänä aikana. Hakein ensiapuun, jossa sanottiin, että lääke on väärä minulle ja annos on liian suuri. Lääkäri neuvoi sinua ottamaan 25 mg sertaliinia. Söin tämän annoksen jopa 2 viikkoa, josta pysähdyin kokonaan. Tätä seurasi voimakas väsymys, uneliaisuus ja flunssankaltaiset oireet. Kolmen viikon kuluttua mielialani alkoi laskea voimakkaasti. Sain paniikkikohtauksia, itkin ja ahdistin. Minulla oli painajaisia ja nukuin huonosti. Tämä tunne kesti toukokuuhun. Sitten ahdistuneisuus ja paniikkioireet hävisivät. Silloin anhedonian oireet alkoivat. Mieli oli tyhjä, ajatukset ja muistot tyhjentyivät, muisti heikkeni. En jäänyt suremaan poikaystäväni kuolemaa. En tuntenut mitään, kun kävin hänen haudallaan. Pystyn itkemään, mutta todella humalassa, mutta nyt olen pystynyt itkemään myös päinvastoin. Voin nauraa, ja muut ihmiset aiheuttavat jonkinlaisia emotionaalisia reaktioita välillä. Musiikki on joskus herättänyt tunteen. Minulla on ollut muutama jakso, jolloin olen tuntenut itseni energisemmäksi ja paremmaksi mielialaksi. Olen ollut vilkas ja koko ajan. Lääkäri epäili, onko kaksisuuntainen kaksisuuntainen a. Keinot lääkkeen aloittamiseksi lamictal 2: lle ja ehdotti. Tämä on jatkunut jo neljä vuotta ja ihmettelen, kuinka kauan tämä voi jatkua? ja mikä voisi auttaa siinä? Olen vasta 27-vuotias ja minusta tuntuu, että koko elämäni on pilalla. kiitos jos jatkat lukemista. mutta todella humalassa, mutta nyt olen voinut itkeä myös päinvastoin. Voin nauraa, ja muut ihmiset aiheuttavat jonkinlaisia emotionaalisia reaktioita välillä. Musiikki on joskus herättänyt tunteen. Minulla on ollut muutama jakso, jolloin olen tuntenut itseni energisemmäksi ja paremmaksi mielialaksi. Olen ollut vilkas ja koko ajan. Lääkäri epäili, onko kaksisuuntainen kaksisuuntainen a. Keinot lääkkeen aloittamiseksi lamictal 2: lle ja ehdotti. Tämä on jatkunut jo neljä vuotta ja ihmettelen, kuinka kauan tämä voi jatkua? ja mikä voisi auttaa siinä? Olen vasta 27-vuotias ja minusta tuntuu, että koko elämäni on pilalla. 

not all, I started eating sertraline at a dose of 25 mg-> 50 mg in July 2016. I went speeding, was hypomanic and in November the drug triggered mania. I had no medication or follow-up during this time. I sought first aid which said the medicine was wrong for me and the dose was too high. Your doctor has advised you to take 25 mg of sertalin. I ate this dose for up to 2 weeks, from which I stopped completely. This was followed by severe fatigue, drowsiness, and flu-like symptoms. After three weeks, my mood started to drop sharply. I got panic attacks, cried and anxious. I had nightmares and slept poorly. This feeling lasted until May. Then the anxiety and panic symptoms disappeared. That's when the symptoms of anhedonia began. The mind was empty, thoughts and memories emptied, memory weakened. I was not left to mourn the death of my boyfriend. I didn’t feel anything when I visited his grave. I am able to cry, but really drunk, but now I've been able to cry also vice versa. I can laugh, and other people cause some kind of emotional reactions in between. Music has sometimes evoked a feeling. I have had a few period when I have felt myself more energetic and better sector in mind. I've been busy and all the time. The doctor doubted whether two-way two-way a. Ways to start the drug for Lamictal 2 and suggested. This has been going on for four years now and I wonder how long this can go on? and what could help with that? I'm only 27 years old and I feel that my whole life is ruined. thanks if you keep reading. but really drunk, but now I was able to cry also vice versa. I can laugh, and other people cause some kind of emotional reactions in between. Music has sometimes evoked a feeling. I have had a few period when I have felt myself more energetic and better sector in mind. I've been busy and all the time. The doctor doubted whether two-way two-way a. Ways to start the drug for Lamictal 2 and suggested. This has been going on for four years now and I wonder how long this can go on? and what could help with that? I'm only 27 years old and I feel that my whole life is ruined.
Edited by Gridley
wrong
  • ChessieCat changed the title to Elina: anhedonia
  • Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to SA, Elina.  I have translated your post using Google translate.  Please post in English.

To give members the best information, we ask them to summarize their medication history in a signature -- drugs, doses, dates, and discontinuations & reinstatements, in the last 12-24 months particularly.  You will need to use a computer rather than a phone.

Account Settings – Create or Edit a signature.

I have compiled your drug history based on your post.  Please correct any errors and add any information requested, then pick up the history, click on the link above, paste the history and press "save."

July, 2016  25mg - 50mg Sertraline

QUESTION: what date?  Stopped Sertraline completely.

May, 2016  Previous symptoms of flu-like symptoms, fatigue, panic attack changed to anhedonia.

May, 2016 to present   anhedonia continues

QUESTION: Are you taking Lamictal now?

You had an adverse reaction to the Sertraline, which means the drug is poison to you.  The symptoms of an adverse reaction are very similar to those of withdrawal.  Anhedonia is a common adverse reaction/withdrawal symptom.  

Apathy, anhedonia, emotional numbness, emotional anesthesia

You will heal but unfortunately we can't predict how long it will take.  We recommend non-drug techniques to cope.

Non-drug techniques to cope

We don't recommend a lot of supplements on SA, as many members report being sensitive to them due to our over-reactive nervous systems, but two supplements that we do recommend are magnesium and omega 3 (fish oil). Many people find these to be calming to the nervous system. 

Magnesium, nature's calcium channel blocker 

Omega-3 fatty acids (fish oil) 

Add in one at a time and at a low dose in case you do experience problems.

This is your Introduction topic, where you can complete your drug signature, ask questions and connect with other members.  We're glad you found your way here.

Gridley Introduction

Lexapro 20 mg since 2004.  Begin Brassmonkey Slide Taper Jan. 2017.   

End 2017 year 1 of taper at 9.25mg 

End 2018 year 2 of taper at 4.1mg

End 2019 year 3 of taper at 1.0mg  

Oct. 30, 2020  Jump to zero from 0.025mg.  Current dose: 0.000mg

3 year, 10 month taper is 100% complete.

Ativan 1 mg to 1.875mg 1986-2020, two CT's and reinstatements

Nov. 2020, 7-week Ativan-Valium crossover to 18.75mg Valium

Feb. 2021, begin 10%/4 week taper of 18.75mg Valium 

End 2021  year 1 of Valium taper at 6mg

End 2022 year 2 of Valium taper at 2.75mg 

End 2023 year 3 of Valium taper at 1mg

Jan. 24, 2024: Hold at 1mg and shift to Imipramine taper.

Taper is 95% complete.

Imipramine 75 mg daily since 1986.  Jan.-Sept. 2016 tapered to 14.4mg  

March 22, 2022: Begin 10%/4 week taper

Aug. 5, 2022: hold at 9.5mg and shift to Valium taper

Jan. 24, 2024: Resume Imipramine taper.  Current dose as of April 1: 6.8mg

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

27 minutes ago, Gridley said:

I stopped taking sertalin on November 27th. I have not taken Lamictal. the question can a possible bipolar disorder affect how I react to the drug? I've eaten Now L-Tyrosine 500 mg once a day and omega 3 has been in use for a couple of years. Can I take L-trsyosine anymore? what could St. John's wort help?

• Moderator Emeritus

@Elina

We don't recommend St.John'sWort for people whose systems have been dysregulated by psychiatric drugs:

SAM-E and other supplements that act on serotonin, including St. John's Wort, are not recommended for people with withdrawal syndrome. They tend to be stimulating in a way that most of us really do not need.

Regarding a diagnosis of possible bipolar disorder., we don't put a lot of belief on psychiatric diagnoses.  They ten to be arbitrary, to change from doctor to doctor, and to be influenced  by whatever "mental illness" in in fashion at the moment.

Here is  link on L-tyrosine so you can see other members' experiences.

Be careful with l-tyrosine - Symptoms and self-care - Surviving ....

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

Supplements: multiple, quercetin, omega-3, vitamins C, E and D3, magnesium glycinate, probiotics, zinc, melatonin .3mg, iron, serrapeptase, nattokinase

I am not a medical professional and this is not medical advice but simply information based on my own experience, as well as other members who have survived these drugs.

okay thanks for the reply, how about medications then? I have been using 3mg of melatonin for sleeping. should I avoid medications that affect th
19 minutes ago, Gridley said:

@Elina

We don't recommend St.John'sWort for people whose systems have been dysregulated by psychiatric drugs:

SAM-E and other supplements that act on serotonin, including St. John's Wort, are not recommended for people with withdrawal syndrome. They tend to be stimulating in a way that most of us really do not need.

Regarding a diagnosis of possible bipolar disorder., we don't put a lot of belief on psychiatric diagnoses.  They ten to be arbitrary, to change from doctor to doctor, and to be influenced  by whatever "mental illness" in in fashion at the moment.

Here is  link on L-tyrosine so you can see other members' experiences.

Be careful with l-tyrosine - Symptoms and self-care - Surviving ....

thanks for the reaply, what about drugs that affect the central nervous system? should they be avoided? like lamictal or sedative? i have been usen melatonin 3mg og melatonin ror slpeeping. This is probably ok? i haven been using drugs last couple of months ago, what about alchol? can diet or exercise help with this?

thanks for the reply, what about drugs that affect the central nervous system? should they be avoided? like Lamictal or sedative? I have been using 3mg of melatonin for sleeping, this is probably ok? I have been using drugs last couple of months ago, what about alcohol? can diet or exercise help with this?
  • Moderator Emeritus
42 minutes ago, Elina said:

3mg of melatonin

Melatonin can be helpful.  However, 3mg might be too much for people in withdrawal. If that dose is helping you, that's fine.  Too much can have a paradoxical effect--it can keep you awake.  We recommend starting with a very low dose, like .25mg and go up to reach the minimum effective dose.

Melatonin for sleep 

Edited by Gridley

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.  

• Moderator Emeritus
11 minutes ago, Elina said:

like lamictal or sedative?

We don't recommend taking different psychiatric drugs, like lamictal or a sedative, to deal with bad reactions to previous psychiatric drugs. Lamictal and sedatives are very strong drugs.

12 minutes ago, Elina said:

what about alchol? can diet or exercise help with this?

Alcohol should definitely be avoided.

A clean healthy diet can really help.  Avoid processed foods, caffeine, sugar and, as said, alcohol. Watch out for MSG, which appears in many processed foods and can stress your nervous system.  Strenuous exercise works for some people, but generally more gentle exercise is better, like a 30-minute walk in nature.  Strenuous exercise can be too stimulating.

Gridley Introduction

Taper is 95% complete.

Taper is 91% complete.