wantrelief

wantrelief

RealMe
3 minutes ago, wantrelief said:

I am hoping my sleep settles back down to where it was before but we shall see.....

Hi wantrelief,

I hope so too!  You are doing so well with your tapering.  Slow and steady.

xo RM

wantrelief
1 hour ago, RealMe said:

Hi wantrelief,

I hope so too!  You are doing so well with your tapering.  Slow and steady.

xo RM

Thank you so much, RM!  I really appreciate your support.

Rosetta

Thinking of you.  I hope you slept well!

wantrelief
25 minutes ago, Rosetta said:

Thinking of you.  I hope you slept well!

Thanks so much, Rosetta.  I am thinking about you too.  I think sleep was a bit better last night, thankfully.  

Kristine

Hey WR, I was pleased to read your sleep improved a little. May it improve a little bit more tonight. Much Love and hugs. K :wub: xo

rattledbytherush

Just came upon this thread. So much love and encouragement here. I resonate with having to process reality in a different way than I used to. You all are sharing beautiful ways of doing that. Look forward to more dialogue and insight here.

xo

wantrelief
1 minute ago, rattledbytherush said:

Just came upon this thread. So much love and encouragement here. I resonate with having to process reality in a different way than I used to. You all are sharing beautiful ways of doing that. Look forward to more dialogue and insight here.

xo

Thank you for your lovely message, rattledbytherush.  There are such loving, supportive, and encouraging people on this site. Withdrawal does force us to process reality in a different way, that is for sure...it has been a challenge for me, one I am still working on accepting.  From reading the success stories, a common theme seems to be that in the end this process is worth it and changes us for the better -  I hope to be there someday. I look forward to getting to know you!

wantrelief
2 hours ago, Kristine said:

Hey WR, I was pleased to read your sleep improved a little. May it improve a little bit more tonight. Much Love and hugs. K :wub: xo

Thank you, Kristine!  I'll have to see how this week goes, hopefully will revert back to my baseline of early morning awakening. I hope your sleep has improved. I read your recent post on how you cope with your days  - it was really insightful and helpful.....thank you!  I am looking forward to listening to the monk's talk you posted. Much love  - WR.

Kristine
18 hours ago, wantrelief said:

Thank you, Kristine!  I'll have to see how this week goes, hopefully will revert back to my baseline of early morning awakening. I hope your sleep has improved. I read your recent post on how you cope with your days  - it was really insightful and helpful.....thank you!  I am looking forward to listening to the monk's talk you posted. Much love  - WR.

Hey WR,  I'm really hoping you got a few more hours sleep last night. My sleep has improved a little - nothing groundbreaking but better than nothing! I really adore the Buddhist monk Ajahn Brahm. He's got a quirky sense of humour as well. What I posted is a collection of his stories. My faviourte is "the two bricks". Years ago I read one of his books "opening the door to your heart" which contains some of these stories...I'm considering getting one of his other books titled "Who Ordered This Truckload of Dung?: Inspiring Stories for Welcoming Life's Difficulties" :D :P :wub: (((hugs))) K xo

wantrelief
13 minutes ago, Kristine said:

"Who Ordered This Truckload of Dung?: Inspiring Stories for Welcoming Life's Difficulties" :D :P :wub: (((hugs))) K xo

That is a hilarious title - thank you for the laugh!  It sounds like he has a great sense of humor. I am really happy to hear you've had some improvement with sleep, even a little bit is good. Last night was a more normal night for me with a chunk of sleep and then waking up early, so that is good.  Hugs back - WR.

wantrelief
33 minutes ago, Kristine said:

I'm considering getting one of his other books titled "Who Ordered This Truckload of Dung?: Inspiring Stories for Welcoming Life's Difficulties" 

I forgot to say that not only does this book have a great title but it sounds like it could be helpful for getting through this time - thank you for mentioning it! :) 

Kristine
14 hours ago, wantrelief said:
14 hours ago, Kristine said:

I'm considering getting one of his other books titled "Who Ordered This Truckload of Dung?: Inspiring Stories for Welcoming Life's Difficulties" 

I forgot to say that not only does this book have a great title but it sounds like it could be helpful for getting through this time - thank you for mentioning it! :) 

The title is hilarious...I just found you can download the book here [edited out link]

...or just read it online. Hope you got some sleep my friend :wub: xo

Kristine

...sorry WR...I just realised that link wants a credit card number:wacko: just ignore! Ill edit it out xo

wantrelief
1 minute ago, Kristine said:

The title is hilarious...I just found you can download the book here http://mostforread.club/?book=B004H1T4LE

...or just read it online. Hope you got some sleep my friend :wub: xo

I actually ordered it yesterday along with an oil diffuser (finally!).  I did sleep but woke up earlier than usual, grateful for the sleep I did get, however.  I hope you are able to get some sleep, my friend. Thinking about you - WR.

Kristine
1 minute ago, wantrelief said:

I actually ordered it yesterday along with an oil diffuser (finally!).  I did sleep but woke up earlier than usual, grateful for the sleep I did get, however.  I hope you are able to get some sleep, my friend. Thinking about you - WR.

How exciting!! I'm glad you got some sleep but not great you woke earlier...I'm sure it will settle soon. Speaking of which I should give sleep a go here in Aus before I turn into a pumpkin. Night :wub: xo

Rosetta

Glad you got some rest.  Thinking of you as always. -R

wantrelief

Thank you, @Rosetta.  I am thinking about you as well and am excited for you with the recent improvements you've noticed. :) 

DMV64

Hello! checking in on you. How are you doing? 

Also I see people using the @ sign in their posts. What does that do? Maybe my brain can manage it!  : )

DMV64
On 4/23/2018 at 12:15 AM, wantrelief said:

working on accepting

Oh this is me. Working hard on accepting this state, this reality. I keep wanting it to just stop. Tara Brach, Radical Acceptance has helped me alot!

wantrelief
1 hour ago, DMV64 said:

Oh this is me. Working hard on accepting this state, this reality. I keep wanting it to just stop. Tara Brach, Radical Acceptance has helped me alot!

Thanks very much for stopping by and checking-in on me, DMV, that is very sweet of you.  Re. the @ sign - you can put that before a member's name and they will be notified of what you have written (once you put the @ sign, start typing a member's name and a selection of names will pop up so you can find the person you are looking for).  

I am doing ok, nothing new to report which is good in that I think things have settled from my last drop.  I really understand what you mean about just wanting this to stop....me too. I have heard to Radical Acceptance and Tara Brach but don't really know anything about it....I'll have to check her out; thank you for the tip, DMV.

DMV64

I am going to try this new fangled @ sign. Very exciting!

Altostrata

Hello, wantrelief. I re-read your entire thread. What a rough journey you've been on, and such a lovely spirit throughout.

I am glad to see you've had the benefit of many excellent posts from our fine moderators and members.

On 4/11/2018 at 8:22 AM, wantrelief said:

Hello everyone,

I made another cut last night.  I had wanted to make a 4% cut but due to limitations with the syringe I have, I had to go with 5% so I am now at 22.4 mg.  I hope I tolerate this sightly larger cut.  So far with my taper, there hasn't been any major worsening of my baseline symptoms which has been a relief.  I hope to keep it that way if possible. I continue to struggle with the daily symptoms I do have but continue to try to accept the situation for what it is - key word try! :)

I am continually grateful for the support of others here on this journey.  

After so many bumps in the road, it's good to see you're finally able to tolerate some reductions. Please don't go too fast! Can you find another syringe, so you can be more confident about controlling dosages?

What is your Klonopin schedule these days?

wantrelief
3 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Hello, wantrelief. I re-read your entire thread. What a rough journey you've been on, and such a lovely spirit throughout.

I am glad to see you've had the benefit of many excellent posts from our fine moderators and members. 

Thank you for stopping by, Alto, and for the kind words.  It has been a rough and long journey for me which, unfortunately as you read, is still ongoing. I have benefitted greatly from moderators and members here and am so grateful to have the support as withdrawal is a lonely vocation.

6 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

After so many bumps in the road, it's good to see you're finally able to tolerate some reductions. Please don't go too fast! Can you find another syringe, so you can be more confident about controlling dosages?

Indeed!  I am going to get a 1 mL syringe so that I can make the cuts I feel more comfortable with as I don't want to go too fast. 

8 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

What is your Klonopin schedule these days?

I take Klonopin (1.5 mg) in one dose at night. 

wantrelief
29 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

wr, I think you may be a good candidate for The Brassmonkey Slide Method of Micro-tapering

I was thinking of trying to break up each week for a total of 5%.  I am worried 10% a month even broken up would be too much for me although I would love to go at that rate.  Any thoughts?

RealMe
On 4/23/2018 at 12:15 AM, wantrelief said:

a common theme seems to be that in the end this process is worth it and changes us for the better -  I hope to be there someday.

Hi WR,

I think you are inspiringly kind and incredibly upbeat while you are going through your process.  I really appreciate your comments.  They comfort me.

xo RM

wantrelief
1 hour ago, RealMe said:

Hi WR,

I think you are inspiringly kind and incredibly upbeat while you are going through your process.  I really appreciate your comments.  They comfort me.

xo RM

If only you could see inside my mind...not so upbeat...but I keep trying to change those thoughts around as much as I can.  Thank you for your kind words, RM....they mean a lot to me!

Shep

Hi, WR.

I noticed you aren't "following" your benzo thread from 2016, so I wanted to draw your attention to something that Alto posted a few hours ago. Please see her post on your benzo thread here and I also posted below this one with some follow-up information: 

Benzo forum thread - Wantrelief: Klonopin

SkyBlue
12 hours ago, wantrelief said:

I was thinking of trying to break up each week for a total of 5%.  I am worried 10% a month even broken up would be too much for me although I would love to go at that rate.  Any thoughts?

I think going slower (5 instead of 10%) sounds great. Slower is almost always better, even though of course we all want to be "off" as soon as possible. It takes patience and strength but is so worth it. 

I can speak from experience that the Brassmonkey method (and I've done between 5-10% per month) has made a huge difference for me. 

wantrelief
22 minutes ago, SkyBlue said:

I think going slower (5 instead of 10%) sounds great. Slower is almost always better, even though of course we all want to be "off" as soon as possible. It takes patience and strength but is so worth it. 

I can speak from experience that the Brassmonkey method (and I've done between 5-10% per month) has made a huge difference for me. 

Thanks for your input, SkyBlue.  That is great that the Brassmonkey method has made such a huge difference for you, SkyBlue. My only concern with the Brassmonkey method is if my brain can tolerate decreases every week, even small ones.  I suppose I won't know unless I try. Because I am tapering already having pretty bad symptoms, I am trying to be super cautious not to worsen my already not great baseline.  😕

SkyBlue
53 minutes ago, wantrelief said:

Thanks for your input, SkyBlue.  That is great that the Brassmonkey method has made such a huge difference for you, SkyBlue. My only concern with the Brassmonkey method is if my brain can tolerate decreases every week, even small ones.  I suppose I won't know unless I try. Because I am tapering already having pretty bad symptoms, I am trying to be super cautious not to worsen my already not great baseline.  😕

You're welcome. 

As long as you go very slowly, see how your body does. It's worth a try. You could always do a tiny reduction every two weeks instead of every week. Whatever works for you. : )

wantrelief
Just now, SkyBlue said:

You're welcome. 

As long as you go very slowly, see how your body does. It's worth a try. You could always do a tiny reduction every two weeks instead of every week. Whatever works for you. : )

I was thinking about a tiny reduction every two weeks as another option as well.  I think it is going to take some experimentation to see what ends up being the best course of action fo me.  

Rosetta

HI Wantrelief,

Thanks for all your support on my thread!  I hope the taper goes well.  I'm happy you are feeling well enough to taper.  That is great!

Rosetta

wantrelief

Thank you for your support, @Rosetta !  

DMV64

Feeling well enough to taper is amazing!!