Parisien: premature ejaculation escitalopram 10mg and Brintellix 5mg - sexual dysfunction

Parisien

12 hours ago, Avicii said:

salut@Parisien

Je vais bien, hier je faisais du ski alpin avec mes enfants et j'ai vraiment apprécié. J'étais un peu fatigué mais je pouvais continuer toute la journée ! J'ai aussi eu des érections nocturnes plusieurs nuits de suite et c'est tant mieux. Malheureusement, quand je me réveille, toute vie a disparu dans mes organes génitaux…

Je dirais que mon cerveau se sent guéri à 80% mais mon corps à seulement 50%. Je pense vraiment que tout est une question de temps et de prendre soin de soi. Quand il s'agit de suppléments comme le gingembre, etc., je ne pense pas que ça va guérir mon SNC….probablement le contraire. Je ne crois pas qu'il y ait de remède magique… c'est une question de temps et de donner à votre âme, votre cerveau et votre corps le confort dont ils ont besoin. 

So much the better I'm happy if you were able to have a good day :) I too felt good today, I can see it in my face I'm less in a daze even if I have moments of absence I think  that the key to everything is to be active.  Like you the fatigue this makes you feel then she can start again.  You have to do things to move and live normally, I also think that many complain rightly but if we are at home doing nothing, we necessarily ruminate on things and inevitably we are even worse.  As for the brain on the mental side, I think it will heal over time. Sexually, there's only premature ejaculation that really bothers me.  I read a person in France saying that it was settled in 2 months, a little ready for her when she had taken the same treatment as me for 3 years.  Have you had sex?  And have you noticed an improvement in premature ejaculation since you stopped?  For ginger you're probably right, it may not be suitable for everyone, but it's known to increase excitement, so when having sex, taking it during the day can help, I think

Hello everyone, I was on seroplex 10mg in October 2019 for over a year and then on brintellix from March to September for maybe 8 months. I made several attempts to stop abruptly then I resumed the treatment of brintellix recently for a few weeks because it was too difficult to stop.

Symptom when stopped: premature ejaculation, ejaculation with less orgasm. Severe insomnia, transient headaches, sensitivity to noise and light.

Last intake of brintellix 5mg: Saturday, September 11, 2021

The increase in serotonin levels in the brain helps fight premature ejaculation too.  Because everything starts from the brain.  Antidepressants prevent reuptake but I thought to myself, having stopped everything if I exercise regularly may be that it will come back because it increases the level of serotonin.  In my case I think the depression has come back and of course the antidepressants hurt the brain.  It will take time, but have you tried masturbation or sexual intercourse after 45 minutes of jogging, for example?  Over 3 weeks.  Same, I'll try and let you know.  If you have anything that can help other than a chemical crap tell me .. then we are all different and we took the same treatment not for the same duration some will recover quickly others less vote others can  be not at all I think.  Personally patience and time are our best ally I think.  If in two years it doesn't come back I think I'll take maca or something like that to make it come back.  Because I'm 31 years old if the morale comes back but not the sexuality to have a serious relationship it's difficult .. my erections are almost good ejaculation without pleasure it may come back but I can't care  to pass.  And the size sava base I'm not complaining so not shocking but premature ejaculation is the problem for me.  Diet, sport and a positive state of mind can help, I'm sure, as well as practice.

Hello everyone, I was on seroplex 10mg in October 2019 for over a year and then on brintellix from March to September for maybe 8 months. I made several attempts to stop abruptly then I resumed the treatment of brintellix recently for a few weeks because it was too difficult to stop.

Symptom when stopped: premature ejaculation, ejaculation with less orgasm. Severe insomnia, transient headaches, sensitivity to noise and light.

I have not had any improvements over the year when it comes to premature ejaculation. My penis has been completely numb and dead the whole year and if I try to masturbate I won’t last long. I tried sex 7 months ago but I failed and got orgasm within minutes…I used to be able to go on for hours…I have not had sex since then and I have no interest in having sex either. I’m asexual right know, can’t even get aroused by a beatiful women. My sexuality has been taking away from me, it’s really sad 😞 

I do things every day; work, study, gentle workout, taking care of my kids and so on and hopefully is this helping my brain to heal. I miss myself so bad, all I want is to have ME back! I was a highly ranked player in my sport and I was dating almost every week. Now I can’t do any of this, everyday is just about survival.

Have you tried nutrition and removing some food like gluten, dairy?

@Ben190did you change any food or was it just time that healed you?

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

2020 Sertraline 50mg (okt 2020 - Jan 2021)

I understand you and I'm afraid that for sexuality those are the same for me.  For the moment in any case no evolution after two months of weaning.  I force myself to do things but today and yesterday, for example meals with friends and family, it lasted a long time and I was struck with great fatigue.  It does me good but at low doses when it lasts too long I get tired quickly and it strikes me down I have a huge desire to sleep it's terrible ah you got it?  Or is the recent fatigue a little faded in a year?  It scares me physically, it's fine, but if I have to be mentally tired like that for a long time, it's disabling.  Same for sexuality if in a year it doesn't end eventually I'll take ashwagandha or something like that.  but I tell myself that it is comparable to the antidepressant .. although being plants for once it would have to take life.  Hard hard chronic fatigue really.  Even if I am only at the beginning of withdrawal, tell me your courage

Regarding nutrition I eat quite badly I should think about it why did you do it?  I thought I was a little better I have some glimmer of hope but I'm very very very tired it's horrible.  And sometimes I can have times when I feel disconnected from the people around me even though I'm trying hard to focus and my attention is there.  In one year, has your fatigue decreased a little or not at all?  I don't know if it's just me but the slightest activity I do I pay cash I'm exhausted

On 2/27/2022 at 9:21 PM, Avicii said:

I have not had any improvements over the year when it comes to premature ejaculation. My penis has been completely numb and dead the whole year and if I try to masturbate I won’t last long. I tried sex 7 months ago but I failed and got orgasm within minutes…I used to be able to go on for hours…I have not had sex since then and I have no interest in having sex either. I’m asexual right know, can’t even get aroused by a beatiful women. My sexuality has been taking away from me, it’s really sad 😞 

I do things every day; work, study, gentle workout, taking care of my kids and so on and hopefully is this helping my brain to heal. I miss myself so bad, all I want is to have ME back! I was a highly ranked player in my sport and I was dating almost every week. Now I can’t do any of this, everyday is just about survival.

Have you tried nutrition and removing some food like gluten, dairy?

@Ben190did you change any food or was it just time that healed you?

Hey Avici, I only changed one thing. I eat more vegetable and I like to eat blueberries every day. They also have some effects on the body as you may google. But all in all it was time, a good healthy way of living and never giving up mentally.

ah and I studied maybe that also helped to start parts of the brain. What kind of Job do you do?

2018 - october: 10 days Fluoxetin 20mg

2018 - october: CT after bad reactions

2019 - june: 3,5 weeks Fluoxetin 20mg

2019 - june: 5 days Fluoxetin 10mg

2019 - july: CT after massive problems

1 hour ago, Parisien said:

Regarding nutrition I eat quite badly I should think about it why did you do it?  I thought I was a little better I have some glimmer of hope but I'm very very very tired it's horrible.  And sometimes I can have times when I feel disconnected from the people around me even though I'm trying hard to focus and my attention is there.  In one year, has your fatigue decreased a little or not at all?  I don't know if it's just me but the slightest activity I do I pay cash I'm exhausted

Don’t take anything just clean natural food, some sports if possible, learn something new and never give up! 

6 hours ago, Ben190 said:

Hey Avici, I only changed one thing. I eat more vegetable and I like to eat blueberries every day. They also have some effects on the body as you may google. But all in all it was time, a good healthy way of living and never giving up mentally.

ah and I studied maybe that also helped to start parts of the brain. What kind of Job do you do?

Sounds good! I also think it is about time and doing the same things you used to. I’m a teacher at a upper secondary school and it’s just crazy that I have been able to teach this past year….I also take care of my kids 50% of the time due to my divorce 4 years ago. I don’t know how I survived this year but I have forced myself to go on. Hopefully I don’t suffer 12 months from now, some kind of hapiness and comfort would be nice to feel again. 

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

Hello how are you ?  I come to the news to know how your recovery and your evolution are going @Avicii @Ben190

10 hours ago, Parisien said:

Hello how are you ?  I come to the news to know how your recovery and your evolution are going @Avicii @Ben190

Hi @Parisien!

I still have brain fog, numb penis, anhedonia and so on. I live for my kids and I am still fighting because @Ben190healed! 

if I compare my problems now to 2 months ago things are alot better. I no longer have pain and my body is a bit more relaxed. Now when the most accute situation is over I won’t accept anything else than me healing 100%. I really miss myself and I really want to feel romantic and sexual emotions again 😢

Healing has been slow and gradual and hopefully it will continue to heal.

How are you doing?

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

I understand you so much.  Ben also gives me hope and it's the only one because people who don't experience what we have cannot understand suffering.  Personally I wait two years there I am three months away from weaning if it does not improve I will take an antidepressant or St. John's wort to regain normal ejaculation it is not a life to have a life as a couple.  Strength to us! @Avicii @Ben190

I find it amazing to see people like ben recovering more or less, and others I've seen here after 4 years still have sexual or even mental problems.  Each case is different for me, in any case my cock retracts more and more soon I won't see it anymore if it continues and the early ejaculation is the same since the stop, that is to say very quickly.  I noticed my very red sex veins live.  I have very vivid dreams too.  In short, it's not working.  I wait.  I wait.  But I won't wait three years for sure, even if it means taking this **** for life in small doses, I want to have a normal sexuality.  I don't talk about doctors.  irresponsible poisoners. @Avicii

Hey guys how are u doing? Mentally I am pretty well, have emotions back but still some erectyle dysfunction. Some days it seems a bit better, then days Poor again. But orgasms are always perfect, just the erection is not stable.

I also notice that I feel waves kicking in but it is less than 2 years before. But today I am tired, muscles feel just tired and I could lay on the beach the entire day... :) but I know power will come and then I think the erection will be better too. I always think if the whole body has no power and muscles are weak why should the erection then be good? 

hope I will recover this year to a point where I say okay this is the minimum I wanted to achieve.

ah and btw I am doing sports again 3-4 times a week. This was impossible 2 years ago.

hope you have a nice day!

Best,

Ben

Hello, are you very tired?  No more premature ejaculation?  I'm mentally fine I can refocus emotions smile be good doing things on the other hand fatigue will strike me down in April I'm going back to a job I hope the fatigue won't be too strong like now because when its  happen that I do too many things I am extremely tired.  Sexuality shrink penis premature ejaculation.  But I move little no sport no report.  I have to try to do sports again, go to the gym and have sex, it can help me a little, but not even sure.  Glad you're okay anyway, keep us posted.  Are you taking any supplements right now or nothing at all?

Hey Parisien, we have to keep going. No premature ejaculation, orgasms perfect, size normal but difficult to get an erection and no libido.

i feel weak at the moment, like if I had ran A marathon 3-4 times last month. Crazy... but it will resolve.

I had massive issues, now so many things are gone. So I am pretty sure I had a massive discontinuation syndrome at the beginning.

hope you feel good today and that you will manage your new job :)!!

Best,

Ben

@Ben190Courage my friend!  I'll keep you posted on my return to sport and after shifting I finally made an appointment for exams even though I think it won't change anything, you never know.  Sport good diet and be active.  I'm giving myself some time and I'll let you know later.  How are you ? @Avicii

11 hours ago, Parisien said:

@Ben190Courage my friend!  I'll keep you posted on my return to sport and after shifting I finally made an appointment for exams even though I think it won't change anything, you never know.  Sport good diet and be active.  I'm giving myself some time and I'll let you know later.  How are you ? @Avicii

I’am ok….things are improving but it is so slow and frustrating. I have a couple of girls who wants to date me but how can I go through with that? How can I explain what I’am going through and how strange isn’t it to tell someone on a date that you have sexual issues. Obviously I have to stay alone….that makes me so angry and hateful towards the doctors who sent me to this place.

On the positive side things are alot better now compared to just 2 months ago. I now have some kind of hope that healing can be done. I also have a new perspective when it comes to life. I have kost so much the last couple of years which means that I now enjoy the small things and I don’t get upset by tiny problems. I really miss sex, sports, coffee, alcohol (once in a while) and my emotions. Hopefully I can enjoy all this one day in the future.

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

Hey :) you don’t have to tell them at the beginning... if u really like them get to know them and u can talk to them about this topic later. You will improve in every way so never give up. But take your time :) 

you will enjoy this in the future! Just keep going

Hi guys how are you? @Avicii @Ben190  Me okay.  I see no evolution and I will resume work soon I am unrecognizable.  I sleep well, I'm tired, I have the eyes of someone depressed, tired and in pain.  I'm not stressing well.  A depression X1000 with in addition the effects of withdrawal.  How long do you think it will last?  Because I'm going to crack I can't stand seeing myself like that.  I try the sport a little more if I have no results that I still feel so tired the impression of being disconnected and also sad I will try homeostasis.  Stylish griffonia or mood plant.  I don't know if it will do the same damage as the antidepressants but I'm a bit clearer about not being able to live and being only a shadow of what I was

Hi guys @Parisien@Ben190

I am miles better than I was just two months ago. My cognitive issues are almost gone and the pressure in my legs is almost completely gone. I still don’t feel like myself and I still have severe PSSD. My penis is about 4-5cm shorter than it was before all this….I guess it’s not permanent shrinkage because when I do get erection my penis is almost as big as it used to be. The difference is mostly visible when flaccid.

Last night I woke up in the Middle of the night with a powerful erection, it was hard even lying on my stomach because of the size 🙈 when I wake up in the morning it is all gone and my penis is dead and shrunk again. 

@Parisienyou are so early in this process, you don’t understand my suffering around 3-12 months, It was a complete nightmare every day. I had pain everywhere, couldn’t imagine sex, extreme cognitive issues, blurry vision and so on. Some days I couldn’t even read one single page in a book. I could hardly watch Tv or listen to music. I can do all of that again. The things i still can’t do is having sex (I think), drinking coffee or alcohol and pushing my body to hard in the sports I love. You really have to give this more time!

I am still so scared that I won’t heal to the point where my penis goes back to normal and where I have normal relationship but at least things are improving. Just two months ago I was feeling really awful…

@Ben190 I am seeing a girl on wednesday and thankfully it’s just a walk outside. Obviously I’m not gonna talk about my issues…I leave that for date nr 2….

In Sweden you kind of have sex on the early dates so I can’t hide for months if we like each other 😅 The good thing is that I can imagine having sex and kissing her, a couple of months ago my brain couldn’t even go there….

We are going to get through this! If we don’t believe that then whats the point of living…

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

I hope your date will go well I cross your fingers yourself and take your time if she likes you she will understand .. or not if she throws it on you lol in France too I reassure you afterwards it depends on the women  .  Honestly, I can't see myself waiting 1 year like that.  I don't know how to explain it, but my eyes are constantly crying as soon as I go out, it's that you see on my face that I'm not well.  I can't function like that and go back to work but I have no choice.  Do you still have blank stares or moments where you stare at something that seems to be somewhere else?  Sometimes I tell myself that I will never be like before.  For the shrunken penis it's exactly the same for me he shrunk at rest in erection he looks normal.  Courage.  Have you ever taken rhadiola rosea or griffonia?  or magnesium @Avicii

22 hours ago, Parisien said:

I hope your date will go well I cross your fingers yourself and take your time if she likes you she will understand .. or not if she throws it on you lol in France too I reassure you afterwards it depends on the women  .  Honestly, I can't see myself waiting 1 year like that.  I don't know how to explain it, but my eyes are constantly crying as soon as I go out, it's that you see on my face that I'm not well.  I can't function like that and go back to work but I have no choice.  Do you still have blank stares or moments where you stare at something that seems to be somewhere else?  Sometimes I tell myself that I will never be like before.  For the shrunken penis it's exactly the same for me he shrunk at rest in erection he looks normal.  Courage.  Have you ever taken rhadiola rosea or griffonia?  or magnesium @Avicii

My eyes and blurry vision are 100% normal again. My memory and cognitive issues about 90% healed. My biggest concern is the chaos going on from my waist down to my feet, the electric feeling never seems to stop. This is probably what is causing my PSSD, the system is dysregulated. I also have anhedonia….it’s like nothing in life matters anymore…I never feel happy. Even when I was depressed I could feel happy emotions once in a while, now there is absolutely no excitement going on in my body.

anhedonia about 60% healed and PSSD 50%…

I have taken magnesium but I don’t think it helps. There is no quick fix when it comes to healing a dysregulated CNS, I guess everything just needs time to heal.

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

6 hours ago, Avicii said:

Mes yeux et ma vision floue sont à nouveau normaux à 100 %. Ma mémoire et mes problèmes cognitifs ont guéri à environ 90 %. Ma plus grande préoccupation est le chaos qui se passe de ma taille à mes pieds, la sensation électrique ne semble jamais s'arrêter. C'est probablement ce qui cause mon PSSD, le système est dérégulé. J'ai aussi de l'anhédonie… c'est comme si plus rien dans la vie n'avait d'importance… je ne me sens jamais heureux. Même lorsque j'étais déprimé, je pouvais ressentir des émotions heureuses de temps en temps, maintenant il n'y a absolument aucune excitation dans mon corps.

anhédonie environ 60% guérie et PSSD 50%…

J'ai pris du magnésium mais je ne pense pas que cela aide. Il n'y a pas de solution miracle lorsqu'il s'agit de guérir un SNC dérégulé, je suppose que tout a juste besoin de temps pour guérir.

Not taking an antidepressant is a lifestyle choice.  For my part if I manage to become again as before I would be the happiest but still you have to get there and after how many years.  I think it's worth it. Keeping up with sport helps a lot in stress management for me.  But I ask myself the question for example for our sexual problem of premature ejaculation.  If tomorrow I take an antidepressant which I will not do, but if I take it again it will disappear.  And strangely the size of my penis I noticed them when the treatment was stopped.  For me the blood does not circulate well in the veins for a so-called normal sexuality.  Sport helps her I think.  But above all, is serotonin given to the brain by doing sports?  the same serotonin as antidepressant treatment.  If that's the sport practiced on a regular basis should delay ejaculation.  Finally I try to understand I will talk to my doctor about it

Hey guys! How are u doing?

I’m just so sad that I have to live with this condition, it sucks all energi out of my body.

@Ben190how did you feel around 14 months of? It sounds like you healed alot between 12 and 18 months?!

I feel so strange…better than before but strange….symptoms are still changing and that’s a good sign I guess…

@Parisienany improvements?

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

14 hours ago, Avicii said:

Salut les gars! Comment vas-tu?

Je suis tellement triste de devoir vivre avec cette condition, ça aspire toute l'énergie de mon corps.

@Ben190comment vous êtes-vous senti vers 14 mois ? On dirait que tu as beaucoup guéri entre 12 et 18 mois ? !

Je me sens si étrange... mieux qu'avant mais étrange... les symptômes changent encore et c'est un bon signe je suppose...

@Parisiendes améliorations?

Bonjour, pas trop d'amélioration de mon côté, j'arrive à combattre l'insomnie en partie en me couchant très tôt et quand je me réveille au milieu de la nuit je me force à me rendormir. J'ai encore un mois ou deux avant de reprendre le travail donc je me remets au sport à fond en espérant que ça ira mieux d'ici là. Sinon je me sens toujours ailleurs et sexuellement aucun progrès. Et toi comment tu vas ? What do you mean my symptoms change?  What change have you noticed?

Translation:

Hello, not much improvement on my side, I manage to fight insomnia partly by going to bed very early and when I wake up in the middle of the night I force myself to go back to sleep. I still have a month or two before I go back to work, so I'm going back to the gym hard and hoping that it will get better by then. Otherwise I still feel out of place and sexually no progress. And how are you doing?

What do you mean my symptoms change?  What change have you noticed?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Edited by ChessieCat
added deepL translation

• Moderator Emeritus

@Parisien

So that other members can read your posts, please add the English translation.  Thank you.

I have added the translation to your last post.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

11 hours ago, Parisien said:

Bonjour, pas trop d'amélioration de mon côté, j'arrive à combattre l'insomnie en partie en me couchant très tôt et quand je me réveille au milieu de la nuit je me force à me rendormir. J'ai encore un mois ou deux avant de reprendre le travail donc je me remets au sport à fond en espérant que ça ira mieux d'ici là. Sinon je me sens toujours ailleurs et sexuellement aucun progrès. Et toi comment tu vas ? What do you mean my symptoms change?  What change have you noticed?

Translation:

Hello, not much improvement on my side, I manage to fight insomnia partly by going to bed very early and when I wake up in the middle of the night I force myself to go back to sleep. I still have a month or two before I go back to work, so I'm going back to the gym hard and hoping that it will get better by then. Otherwise I still feel out of place and sexually no progress. And how are you doing?

What do you mean my symptoms change?  What change have you noticed?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Symptoms have changed as they don’t feel the same as they did 2 months ago. I feel happier, I can connect with people, my legs are more relaxed. I really see improvements but I am far from 100%. I still can’t connect to people at an emotionell or sexual level….I also get moments every day when my brain feels completely fried. 

But i fight, I fight so hard! Today I did a written exam and I had to concentrate all I could. I did it but afterwards I was sooo tired…

I’am studying, I teach, I have an extra job, I take care of my kids, I have my own company…I don’t know how I have been able to do all this the past year but I have fought every minute, every day. If life was even a little bit fair I would heal 100% now so I can enjoy every part of my life again. My kids really deserves that!

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

You will be 100% like before again I hope.  Do you know if Ben had the size of his penis as before after how long?  You're right to be active it's good for the brain I think you shouldn't let go and always see the positive even if it's hard sometimes

13 hours ago, Parisien said:

You will be 100% like before again I hope.  Do you know if Ben had the size of his penis as before after how long?  You're right to be active it's good for the brain I think you shouldn't let go and always see the positive even if it's hard sometimes

I think it took him 1,5 year to get size back. At 1 year everything was really severe for him, not being capable to work, doing sports and so on which means that he must have had a huge amount of healing between 1 and 1,5 year.

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

1 hour ago, Avicii said:

I think it took him 1,5 year to get size back. At 1 year everything was really severe for him, not being capable to work, doing sports and so on which means that he must have had a huge amount of healing between 1 and 1,5 year.

Alright thank you, I hope our healing happens too.  I'm going to ask my doctor because I noticed when erect that in my penis I had a fairly bright red vein that I didn't have before.  I wonder if I don't have a blood circulation problem.  Finally I try to find causes .. but in my opinion only time will be able to help us

On 9/17/2021 at 12:47 AM, Parisien said:

(...) Result of abrupt weaning premature ejaculation, ejaculation without orgasm or very little. (...)

Finally! Someone who has the same problem as I had when quickly stopping escitalopram. I barely "lasted" five seconds in bed, which became very frustrating. My libido increased drastically after stopping the med, but this ejaculation issue eventually was one of several issues which made me take escitalopram again.

I'd be interested in your progress in that matter? Does the premature ejaculation eventually resolve? I'm currently at 7,5mg (slow taper, but according to experiences here still not slow enough) and have no problem with PE so far. But I'm really afraid that it will return the lower my dose gets.

First years:

2004-2007: Amitriptyline (which in retrospect did not help much)

2007-2009/10: Mirtazapine

2010 - 2012: Fluoxetine (gave me diarrhea), Trimipramine/Doxepin (at least helped with sleep)

2012-2015: Clomipramine; (great after I got used to its initial side effects, but absolutely killed my sex drive); Doxepin; Quetiapine during a crisis (made me gain weight like hell and nailed me to the bed)

2016 to 2023: Escitalopram (more tolerable like Clomipramine, but made me indifferent to everything around me), Pregabaline (killed my anxiety, but tolerance built quickly)

2016-today: Doxepin

First more or less successful Escitalopram taper in spring 2021: about four weeks from 20mg to 0mg, stayed there until July 2021

Now: Doxepin, which is giving a me hard time 🤬
Other psych meds: none since end of July 2023, woo-hoo! 🥳

10 hours ago, Nicros said:

Finally! Someone who has the same problem as I had when quickly stopping escitalopram. I barely "lasted" five seconds in bed, which became very frustrating. My libido increased drastically after stopping the med, but this ejaculation issue eventually was one of several issues which made me take escitalopram again.

I'd be interested in your progress in that matter? Does the premature ejaculation eventually resolve? I'm currently at 7,5mg (slow taper, but according to experiences here still not slow enough) and have no problem with PE so far. But I'm really afraid that it will return the lower my dose gets.

Good evening @Nicros, thank you for your message, how long did you take escitalopram?  The size of my penis has decreased and premature ejaculation is still the same for me.  Its not surprising to me that when resuming the treatment it comes back.  There are days I'm tempted to take it back but I take it upon myself.  Has the size of your penis also decreased?  I saw only one French testimony from a person who stopped it suddenly like me after three years of taking it and who said that after several short reports it returned to normal in one or two months.  I haven't had any sex but while masturbating I don't last long compared to before and I'm three months away from weaning.  It's horror even mentally even if I feel more myself.  I guess you have to go through it sport healthy eating.  Do you plan to stop your treatment eventually?

I'm copying and pasting the person in relation to their weaning: "Good evening,
 I stopped my AD treatment (seroplex 10mg) overnight a week ago.
 Following the prescribe reading which gave seroplex as having a negative benefit/risk.
 As well as a certain fed up, running after a doctor, pharmacist etc.
 I've been on AD for over 3 years now, paroxetine 20mg then seroplex
 and it is therefore no surprise that I suffer from a discontinuation syndrome (withdrawal).
 With symptoms of nausea, diarrhea, brain zap (very unpleasant electric shock in the face,
 but also attention and mood disorder.
 For the moment I'm holding on, I'm keeping my spirits up and I hope to be able to continue like this.

My questions are: - I know that it is extremely inadvisable to stop AD treatment like this,
 except the symptoms describe if above what are the risks?
 - How long is weaning?  I read everything and are contrary (from a few days to several years).
 If the withdrawal is going to be so unbearable for several months, I find it difficult to overcome.
 - Are there any substances or tricks to better support withdrawal?

thank you for those who have had the courage to read, and if Prescriber to take a look at my case I would be very happy." And a few months later: "Hello to you,
 Didn't realize the topic had been bumped.

I haven't taken any meds since!  So effective weaning.  However I still have my problems for which it was prescribed to me.
 It's just that I live better without drugs and I manage my life with the handicaps associated with the anguishes.
 After weaning I had an accident related to very strong alcoholism, the two months following weaning were difficult.
 Anxiety in the morning because I wanted to take my stamp that I had not rained.
 At the sexual level also it took me time to adapt.  The treatment delayed or prevented any orgasm.  After stopping I made several meetings and each time I had premature ejaculations or rather short reports.  This is rebalanced after a month or two.
 The treatment also reassured me because it forbade me certain drugs, and I was afraid to compensate to death with lots of substances.  Fear that turned out to be unfounded.
 In short I am relieved to no longer have to run after the doctors but I strongly advise to do a gradual and not abrupt withdrawal as I did.

Edit: I had quite incredible derealization passages, close to a psychedelic experience.  Looking back, that was one of the weirdest times of my life (it's not all about withdrawal)."

Après, chacun réagira sûrement différemment au sevrage. Je me suis toujours demandé si le sevrage ne serait pas plus bénéfique pour l'éjaculation précoce car j'ai toujours arrêté d'un coup, mais je ne pense pas que ça change grand chose. Et étrangement j'ai remarqué la domination de la taille de mon sexe au repos à l'arrêt du traitement, pas pendant. Reprendre le traitement que je ne veux pas. Mais parfois je me dis que je ne peux pas vivre comme ça alors que si ça ne s'arrange pas avec le temps je devrais le reprendre à vie. Ça me fait peur de ne pas avoir d'enfant si sa joue sur les spermatozoïdes car c'est quand même une belle b**** d'escitalopram. Donnez de vos nouvelles les gars vous n'êtes pas seuls vous avez quel âge avez vous d'où ?@Nicros

@Avicii Comment vas-tu ?@ Ben190 si tu peux nous redonner un peu le moral parle nous de ton sevrage ce serait bien

9 hours ago, Parisien said:

The size of my penis has decreased and premature ejaculation is still the same for me.  Its not surprising to me that when resuming the treatment it comes back.  There are days I'm tempted to take it back but I take it upon myself.  Has the size of your penis also decreased?  I saw only one French testimony from a person who stopped it suddenly like me after three years of taking it and who said that after several short reports it returned to normal in one or two months.  I haven't had any sex but while masturbating I don't last long compared to before and I'm three months away from weaning.  It's horror even mentally even if I feel more myself.  I guess you have to go through it sport healthy eating.  Do you plan to stop your treatment eventually?

That sounds terrible and I feel for you! I'd hope that at least at some point in the future we could have plain old ordinary sexual activity without ejaculating in seconds. I have to mention that I tapered very quickly (four weeks to 0mg) when this happened. When I mentioned this to my psych he simply stated that I could stay on escitalopram for the rest of my life, if necessary. ("Why quit when you are feeling good on it?") At the moment, while tapering more slowly, my time to ejaculation is satisfying for both my wife and me.

But heck, I do not want to stay on this stuff forever. While tapering then (and now as well) I noticed how dull this stuff made me to life. I simply did not care about anything at all, my feelings were completely numbed. But that's a different topic.

Back to your questions: I did not notice that my penis shrunk while taking escitalopram, but it definetely did when I took diphenhydramine (self medication for sleep) for a while. It went back to normal after stopping, though. 

How many escitalopram do you take at the moment? And do you take any other meds?

First years:

2004-2007: Amitriptyline (which in retrospect did not help much)

2007-2009/10: Mirtazapine

2010 - 2012: Fluoxetine (gave me diarrhea), Trimipramine/Doxepin (at least helped with sleep)

2012-2015: Clomipramine; (great after I got used to its initial side effects, but absolutely killed my sex drive); Doxepin; Quetiapine during a crisis (made me gain weight like hell and nailed me to the bed)

2016 to 2023: Escitalopram (more tolerable like Clomipramine, but made me indifferent to everything around me), Pregabaline (killed my anxiety, but tolerance built quickly)

2016-today: Doxepin

First more or less successful Escitalopram taper in spring 2021: about four weeks from 20mg to 0mg, stayed there until July 2021

Now: Doxepin, which is giving a me hard time 🤬
Other psych meds: none since end of July 2023, woo-hoo! 🥳

6 hours ago, Nicros said:

That sounds terrible and I feel for you! I'd hope that at least at some point in the future we could have plain old ordinary sexual activity without ejaculating in seconds. I have to mention that I tapered very quickly (four weeks to 0mg) when this happened. When I mentioned this to my psych he simply stated that I could stay on escitalopram for the rest of my life, if necessary. ("Why quit when you are feeling good on it?") At the moment, while tapering more slowly, my time to ejaculation is satisfying for both my wife and me.

But heck, I do not want to stay on this stuff forever. While tapering then (and now as well) I noticed how dull this stuff made me to life. I simply did not care about anything at all, my feelings were completely numbed. But that's a different topic.

Back to your questions: I did not notice that my penis shrunk while taking escitalopram, but it definetely did when I took diphenhydramine (self medication for sleep) for a while. It went back to normal after stopping, though. 

How many escitalopram do you take at the moment? And do you take any other meds?

I also really hope that it will work out over time even if some days it discourages me.  I just try to live without thinking too much about it, otherwise it undermines my morale.  Currently I have not taken escitalopram at all for 3 months.  I take a little magnesium, that's all.  The size of my penis at rest is light then in erection no difference so it has the limit it's fine but it's premature ejaculation.  I'm going to do exercises to strengthen the perineum I wonder if I don't have poor blood circulation.  Keep me posted when you are at 0mg see your evolution too