Parisien: premature ejaculation escitalopram 10mg and Brintellix 5mg - sexual dysfunction

Parisien

Hey guys I just got back how you doing are you making any progress?  Mentally and/or sexually? @Ben190 @Avicii @Temporary1286@Jakob66 etc

Hello everyone, I was on seroplex 10mg in October 2019 for over a year and then on brintellix from March to September for maybe 8 months. I made several attempts to stop abruptly then I resumed the treatment of brintellix recently for a few weeks because it was too difficult to stop.

Symptom when stopped: premature ejaculation, ejaculation with less orgasm. Severe insomnia, transient headaches, sensitivity to noise and light.

Last intake of brintellix 5mg: Saturday, September 11, 2021

Hey! My brain is much better, I have times now when my brain almost feels completely healed. My penis is still shrunk and I have nerve itches down there everyday…I guess the signals from the brain is still in chaos. 

I hope my nerves have a possibilty to heal given enough time. 

still Windows and waves, today is a good day but tomorrow can be awful again.

How are you @Parisien?

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

2020 Sertraline 50mg (okt 2020 - Jan 2021)

4 hours ago, Parisien said:

Hey guys I just got back how you doing are you making any progress?  Mentally and/or sexually? @Ben190 @Avicii @Temporary1286@Jakob66 etc

I am good and still continuing to improve. Sometimes great erections even small libido. But then it gets worse again but then better again. Up and down, up and down, up.

Other then that I really think I healed a lot the last 12 months.

2018 - october: 10 days Fluoxetin 20mg

2018 - october: CT after bad reactions

2019 - june: 3,5 weeks Fluoxetin 20mg

2019 - june: 5 days Fluoxetin 10mg

2019 - july: CT after massive problems

How are you?

17 hours ago, Parisien said:

Hey, just wanted to look at this topic again after quite a while.

I've been taking absolutely none, zero, nada Escitalopram for exactly a week now. I feel a bit irritable and mood is bit lower than last week, but his could be due to other reasons.

Time to orgasm is unfortunately short, but my sex life has come to a halt anyway recently, so it's annoying, but manageable at the moment.

Next step is to go to 0 mg of Pregabalin, which seems to be really easy. (But 100 mg once a day is not a high dose compared to the doses I have taken before.)

I'll keep checking this thread occasionally.

Greetings and my best wishes to all! We will finally get over this! 👍

First years:

2004-2007: Amitriptyline (which in retrospect did not help much)

2007-2009/10: Mirtazapine

2010 - 2012: Fluoxetine (gave me diarrhea), Trimipramine/Doxepin (at least helped with sleep)

2012-2015: Clomipramine; (great after I got used to its initial side effects, but absolutely killed my sex drive); Doxepin; Quetiapine during a crisis (made me gain weight like hell and nailed me to the bed)

2016 to 2023: Escitalopram (more tolerable like Clomipramine, but made me indifferent to everything around me), Pregabaline (killed my anxiety, but tolerance built quickly)

2016-today: Doxepin

First more or less successful Escitalopram taper in spring 2021: about four weeks from 20mg to 0mg, stayed there until July 2021

Now: Doxepin, which is giving a me hard time 🤬
Other psych meds: none since end of July 2023, woo-hoo! 🥳

Hi guys thank you for your news I hope that with time it will get better and better.  Me sexually no improvement but mentally I see that it's getting better and better even if I still sometimes have fatigue and brain fog but I don't think it's cured.  Sexually it worries me because I see no improvement

Hello everyone, I was on seroplex 10mg in October 2019 for over a year and then on brintellix from March to September for maybe 8 months. I made several attempts to stop abruptly then I resumed the treatment of brintellix recently for a few weeks because it was too difficult to stop.

Symptom when stopped: premature ejaculation, ejaculation with less orgasm. Severe insomnia, transient headaches, sensitivity to noise and light.

19 hours ago, Parisien said:

I still sometimes have fatigue

I actually feel sometimes really tired during the day, but I attributed this to a recent corona infection. (One month ago.)  But it could be because of no escitalopram either I have to admit.

Hope this will finally get better. (Right now, an hour or two of rest helps quite well.)

First years:

2004-2007: Amitriptyline (which in retrospect did not help much)

2007-2009/10: Mirtazapine

2010 - 2012: Fluoxetine (gave me diarrhea), Trimipramine/Doxepin (at least helped with sleep)

2012-2015: Clomipramine; (great after I got used to its initial side effects, but absolutely killed my sex drive); Doxepin; Quetiapine during a crisis (made me gain weight like hell and nailed me to the bed)

2016 to 2023: Escitalopram (more tolerable like Clomipramine, but made me indifferent to everything around me), Pregabaline (killed my anxiety, but tolerance built quickly)

2016-today: Doxepin

First more or less successful Escitalopram taper in spring 2021: about four weeks from 20mg to 0mg, stayed there until July 2021

Now: Doxepin, which is giving a me hard time 🤬
Other psych meds: none since end of July 2023, woo-hoo! 🥳

How are you doing @Parisien?

Here is my 18 month update, copy/paste from my thread;

It’s time for my 18 month update…

In turning 40 this week and I wish I could celebrate like a normal human being…

I still have tingles in my genital area and my penis is still shrunk. I also have anhedonia and loss of happy emotions…

Now to the good part!

Yesterday I felt romantic emotions for a girl at work. It came from out of the blue. We have been working together for a year and I have only seen her as a friend, even though she’s very pretty and funny. I haven’t had emotions for anyone during WD (not even my kids) so having theese feelings is just great! Maybe, just maybe things are starting to melt away after all…

I also have night erections almost every night and yesterday I had an erection (with help from my thoughts) during daytime, my first in 365 days….

So am I healed? Not even close…maybe 50% from who I used to be, but at least it’s not 0% because that’s where I started 18 months ago.

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2022 at 7:08 PM, Avicii said:

How are you doing @Parisien?

Here is my 18 month update, copy/paste from my thread;

It’s time for my 18 month update…

In turning 40 this week and I wish I could celebrate like a normal human being…

I still have tingles in my genital area and my penis is still shrunk. I also have anhedonia and loss of happy emotions…

Now to the good part!

Yesterday I felt romantic emotions for a girl at work. It came from out of the blue. We have been working together for a year and I have only seen her as a friend, even though she’s very pretty and funny. I haven’t had emotions for anyone during WD (not even my kids) so having theese feelings is just great! Maybe, just maybe things are starting to melt away after all…

I also have night erections almost every night and yesterday I had an erection (with help from my thoughts) during daytime, my first in 365 days….

So am I healed? Not even close…maybe 50% from who I used to be, but at least it’s not 0% because that’s where I started 18 months ago.

Hello everyone, I come to do a big update by reminding you of my background if it can help some.  With improvements so far but also other things that don't change it's pretty mixed overall.  I had taken seroplex and brintellix altogether for 2 years or a little less maybe a year and a half to remind you of my journey.  I tried to stop suddenly twice but without success because I was really bad I had to start again.  On January 1, 2022 I decided to stop everything and stick to it.  On August 1st it will therefore be 7 months that I no longer take anything.  I stopped suddenly overnight without progressive withdrawal.  So I think I have a prolonged withdrawal syndrome.  The first 3 or 5 days I felt really good, then after two months it was really hell.  Headaches, dizziness, intolerance to noise and light, anxiety malaise, very very severe insomnia, brain fog.  And sexually premature ejaculation, orgasm without pleasure, more morning wood and more libido with a slightly shrunken penis.

I had other symptoms too (dry eye, dry skin and itchy itchy back with red patches).

Symptoms that went away:

- Dry eye crying in the sun
- Dry skin and itchy back
- Headache
- Vertigo
- Intolerance to noise and light
- Insomnia.

I no longer have any of these symptoms.  I sleep much better, although when I wake up I have a spike in cortisol and I don't feel as rested as before the drug after a night's sleep.  But it's improved a lot in 7 months.  I could have put pain and anxiety on this list because I feel much better at this level too.  In the morning when I wake up I feel anxious but it fades over the day and it gets better and better in the evening I feel really good.  The first months I did not work I had to go back to work in the fifth month of withdrawal.  It helped me to be at home at the beginning and the recovery was very very hard.  But it makes me feel good to have a social life.  I have moments when I am elsewhere or tired but I notice that these moments are less present than before.  I can have insomnia or be very bad during the day but I know the cause.  I need 9 to 10 hours of sleep to be well, otherwise I'm having a bad day and if I go to bed late I'll pay for it the next day.  Sleep is very important, no alcohol, cigarettes or coffee for me.
I did blood tests I still have others to do I will give you my results next week.  Regarding the sport I had to do it two or three times.  I'll try again to see if it can help me.

Me what worries me strongly is sexually.  I haven't seen any improvement in the symptoms that I've described and that we all have here except for @Ben190.
@Avicii I hope that over time it will come back it is probably the longest thing to come back.  Afterwards I often ask myself the same question, well if you can enlighten me on this subject.
I noticed the shrinkage of my penis even if it is livable because at the base I was well off.  I notice it has shrunk but I only notice it once in drug withdrawal.  During the treatment I did not notice any shrinkage. Did you notice it?
I heard some success stories after a year or two.  I have also heard read that the recovery very often was proportional to the catch.  I took the drug for two years, would that mean that I would need two years of withdrawal?  We're sure of nothing, it's a guess, but anyway I can't see myself waiting more than 2 years.

And especially if during the antidepressant treatment there is no shrinkage, knowing that me during the seroplex sexually it was perfect, if in going 3 years maximum it has not returned I will think about this option because otherwise this  is not a life.

There I improved a lot on certain mental aspects even if sometimes the depression is there when I think of her and that I have some paranoid phase those why I had taken the treatment.  But overall I see that things are going better, same level of energy memory, empathy for people, etc.

I have some morning erection but not like before, the pleasure in orgasm has not returned, and the premature ejaculation and lack of libido do not return to normal at all.

I did not have a report, it may help me and the sport, to see.  I have no more blood flow in the penis I recen.  My doctor offered me a drug to "relaunch the machine" according to him in one take that it could help afterward.  But I'm wary of drugs, I don't want them anymore.

Let me know of your improvement and your doubts too please guys it's important to support this and sorry for my English.  Courage to all I think of you

Hi Parisien,

sorry to hear that you did not see improvements u til now. Your last intake is only 7months ago I think which means you should Definitely let more time pass. Don’t take anything.... that will probably make things worse.

If I would change 1-2 things I did wrong in my healing process then I would:

a) start earlier with a little bit of sports

b) not take coffeine

c) Eat more healthy things like blueberrys, try out maybe some omega 3.

d) try to get enough sun, this really helped me when my mood was pretty low.

Other than that I can just tell you for me things go up and down... sometimes you get an erection but I don’t feel a lot, sometimes the erection is worse but the feeling is damn great.

in case of libido, I think I am still getting erections here and there, but they are not reliable and also not as strong as before the  AD. But all in all I think that I improved a lot.

But I am also still dealing with cognitive issues. When things get to complicated my brain feels like if a sword would be inside it.

Guys I think the only way out is time and maybe a bit of sports, learning new things (I study at the moment) and eating good food. No coffeine, no other meds.

calm your system :)

Best,

Ben

6 hours ago, Parisien said:

Hello everyone, I come to do a big update by reminding you of my background if it can help some.  With improvements so far but also other things that don't change it's pretty mixed overall.  I had taken seroplex and brintellix altogether for 2 years or a little less maybe a year and a half to remind you of my journey.  I tried to stop suddenly twice but without success because I was really bad I had to start again.  On January 1, 2022 I decided to stop everything and stick to it.  On August 1st it will therefore be 7 months that I no longer take anything.  I stopped suddenly overnight without progressive withdrawal.  So I think I have a prolonged withdrawal syndrome.  The first 3 or 5 days I felt really good, then after two months it was really hell.  Headaches, dizziness, intolerance to noise and light, anxiety malaise, very very severe insomnia, brain fog.  And sexually premature ejaculation, orgasm without pleasure, more morning wood and more libido with a slightly shrunken penis.

I had other symptoms too (dry eye, dry skin and itchy itchy back with red patches).

Symptoms that went away:

- Dry eye crying in the sun
- Dry skin and itchy back
- Headache
- Vertigo
- Intolerance to noise and light
- Insomnia.

I no longer have any of these symptoms.  I sleep much better, although when I wake up I have a spike in cortisol and I don't feel as rested as before the drug after a night's sleep.  But it's improved a lot in 7 months.  I could have put pain and anxiety on this list because I feel much better at this level too.  In the morning when I wake up I feel anxious but it fades over the day and it gets better and better in the evening I feel really good.  The first months I did not work I had to go back to work in the fifth month of withdrawal.  It helped me to be at home at the beginning and the recovery was very very hard.  But it makes me feel good to have a social life.  I have moments when I am elsewhere or tired but I notice that these moments are less present than before.  I can have insomnia or be very bad during the day but I know the cause.  I need 9 to 10 hours of sleep to be well, otherwise I'm having a bad day and if I go to bed late I'll pay for it the next day.  Sleep is very important, no alcohol, cigarettes or coffee for me.
I did blood tests I still have others to do I will give you my results next week.  Regarding the sport I had to do it two or three times.  I'll try again to see if it can help me.

Me what worries me strongly is sexually.  I haven't seen any improvement in the symptoms that I've described and that we all have here except for @Ben190.
@Avicii I hope that over time it will come back it is probably the longest thing to come back.  Afterwards I often ask myself the same question, well if you can enlighten me on this subject.
I noticed the shrinkage of my penis even if it is livable because at the base I was well off.  I notice it has shrunk but I only notice it once in drug withdrawal.  During the treatment I did not notice any shrinkage. Did you notice it?
I heard some success stories after a year or two.  I have also heard read that the recovery very often was proportional to the catch.  I took the drug for two years, would that mean that I would need two years of withdrawal?  We're sure of nothing, it's a guess, but anyway I can't see myself waiting more than 2 years.

And especially if during the antidepressant treatment there is no shrinkage, knowing that me during the seroplex sexually it was perfect, if in going 3 years maximum it has not returned I will think about this option because otherwise this  is not a life.

There I improved a lot on certain mental aspects even if sometimes the depression is there when I think of her and that I have some paranoid phase those why I had taken the treatment.  But overall I see that things are going better, same level of energy memory, empathy for people, etc.

I have some morning erection but not like before, the pleasure in orgasm has not returned, and the premature ejaculation and lack of libido do not return to normal at all.

I did not have a report, it may help me and the sport, to see.  I have no more blood flow in the penis I recen.  My doctor offered me a drug to "relaunch the machine" according to him in one take that it could help afterward.  But I'm wary of drugs, I don't want them anymore.

Let me know of your improvement and your doubts too please guys it's important to support this and sorry for my English.  Courage to all I think of you

Ah and btw shrinkage and pain down there stayed for me nearly 2 years. Just to give my time frame here :) 

@Parisienno shrinkage during the treatment, everything collapsed 2 months past my CT.

It’s very strange because I have improved a lot the past 2-3 months. I feel way better and my mornings are not awful anymore BUT the thing is that my erections are much worse than they were during my worst period. I am pretty much unable to get an erection at all even if I try. My penis is nothing but a mess, I don’t even wanna look at it….

@Ben190did you also have a shrunk penis when erected during these 2 years? It’s like my penis doesn’t fire on all cylinders making it look really short and thin 😔

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

4 hours ago, Avicii said:

@Parisienno shrinkage during the treatment, everything collapsed 2 months past my CT.

It’s very strange because I have improved a lot the past 2-3 months. I feel way better and my mornings are not awful anymore BUT the thing is that my erections are much worse than they were during my worst period. I am pretty much unable to get an erection at all even if I try. My penis is nothing but a mess, I don’t even wanna look at it….

@Ben190did you also have a shrunk penis when erected during these 2 years? It’s like my penis doesn’t fire on all cylinders making it look really short and thin 😔

Yes it was thin, smaller, felt pain down there every day. I didn’t have night erections the first year but now every night of the week. I also have more the spontaneous erections u mentioned on a day. But it really bothers that things get better and worse within a day, just crazy. Mornings sometimes great and lunch time Bad then afternoon good and before bed worse.

But the first 2 years I suffered a lot from all other symptoms. Now nearly everything is gone only tiredness, sometimes pain in the body, low libido, medium erections but quite pleasureful. I hope this is the last thing to go completely soon :)

i hope things will get better when I also do more sports again, had no time for sports the last 4 weeks due to work and exams at university.

Best,

Ben

Ok thanks @Ben190 so even when you had some kind of erections during your first 2 years your penis was shrunk, short and thin? Not only when it was flaccid? I am so afraid that this is my new normal and that tissues and blood vessels have been permanently damaged…

Can’t believe we have to go through all this, we don’t deserve any of this ****! I’m thinking that I never can have sex again, just awful thoughts.

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

3 hours ago, Avicii said:

Ok thanks @Ben190 so even when you had some kind of erections during your first 2 years your penis was shrunk, short and thin? Not only when it was flaccid? I am so afraid that this is my new normal and that tissues and blood vessels have been permanently damaged…

Can’t believe we have to go through all this, we don’t deserve any of this ****! I’m thinking that I never can have sex again, just awful thoughts.

Yes I had exactly the same and it also made pain down there....

now size is normal, no pain, no shrinkage, not thin anymore.

I once tried viagra and everything was normal then. But I don’t take it as I don’t was the system to be stressed. But it really seems to be a problem of the system, it takes time to adjust. But as you now have night erections things seem to go in the right direction!

Yes I have morning erections (around 5 am) a few times a week but they are still not ”normal”…

great to hear that you had pretty much the same and it got much better, gives me hope. We are very brave going through this!

No Viagra for me, I just have to skip sex until this is over. Hard to accept but what is the alternative :(

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

Yes I know and you should not use it probably the system doesn’t want anything right now. I am also very sensitive to coffeine since WD. Crazy isn’t it? 

Hope you get better soon

@Ben190 When you tried Viagra, what symptoms were relieved?

Venlafaxine 75mg, 150mg, 225mg December 2020 - March 2021

Sertraline 50mg, 100mg March 2021 - April 2021

Escitalopram 10mg, 20 mg April 2021 - May 2021

16 hours ago, Fairsome said:

@Ben190 When you tried Viagra, what symptoms were relieved?

The only Symptome changed was that I got a normal erection and the rest stayed the same. But I was able to have sex. Personally I would not use viagra in WD, system needs to calm down.

Best,

Ben

I think it’s a little absurd to call it withdrawal after two years cessation. Iatrogenic damage would be a better term.

Clomipramine (Anafranil): Oct 1st, 2021 - Dec 22nd, 2021.

Clonazepam: January 1st 2021 - March 21st 2022 - Sporadic/Off and On.

• Moderator Emeritus
17 hours ago, Temporary1286 said:

I think it’s a little absurd to call it withdrawal after two years cessation. Iatrogenic damage would be a better term.

We call it post acute withdrawal syndrome, (PAWS) which can last for years.  These drugs can seriously destabilize our nervous systems, and since they are profoundly complex and intricately interrelated to every system in our body, it can take years for our bodies to correct this.  

Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome or PAWS

Please do not private message me.  Only tag me for urgent questions about tapering and reinstating - thank you.  

***Please note this is not medical advice.  Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a doctor who understands psych meds and how to withdraw from them, if you can find one.

Lexapro   Started Apr 15 2010 - 10 mg;  started taper August 2017, recent taper info: Apr 2 '20  0.18 mg; Jul 16  0.17 mg, Aug 23  0.16 mg, Oct 7  0.15 mg, Nov 8 - 0.14, Jan 16 '21 - 0.13, Feb 7 - 0.12, Feb 22 - 0.11, Mar 26 - 0.10, May 21 - 0.09, June 15 - 0.08 Aug 16 - 0.07, Oct 6 - 0.06, Nov 21 0.05, Dec. 17 0.04, Jan 14 '22 0.03, Feb 19 0.02, Apr 18 0.01, May 15 0.005,  Jul 8, 0.00.  Psych Drug Free as of July 8, 2022!!  Woohoo!!!

other meds: Levothyroxine 75 mg

magnesium in small amounts at 4 AM, before bed

suppl AM: fish oil, flax oil, vit C, vit E, multivitamin, zinc

suppl 8 PM: magnesium 350 mg, extended release vitamin C, melatonin 2 mg

Paxil 2002 - 2010, switched to Lexapro 2010 

Trazodone 50 mg. 2002 - 2019, fast tapered in 2019 

Xanax 0.5 mg as needed 2002 - 2019, up to 3x weekly 

Hi guys, courage @Avicii don't give up on anything, be positive even if it's not easy, I understand you.  We don't deserve this but we'll get there by helping each other I'm sure I won't let you down you'll heal my friend.  Well you're super brave you give me hope even if some days I'm depressed.  These days when I come home from work I crumble at 6 p.m. and if I don't sleep 11 a night I have a bad day without energy at work.  My penis is also thin and shrunken as if it had no blood flow.  It will surely return to normal finally I hope from what I say @Ben190 .. I went to show my blood test results to my general practitioner testosterone etc etc everything is fine no abnormality.  Just a little cholesterol but that doesn't explain all the sexual problems.  I explained everything I had to my doctor who prescribed me Cialis.  According to him, it's like an "update" to my brain and give it back the message that a normal erection is normal.  And restore blood flow to my penis.  I'm very hesitant to try cialis, I'm afraid of getting worse and especially that the improvement is only temporary.  I'm running out of solution mentally it's improving a lot for me despite the fatigue but sexually it's really nothing.  And it scares me very much

For the blood flow to the penis I tell myself that sport is the best solution.  Although I don't know what the drug really did to me and if the sport will help me but I don't do it at all as I would like I will fix it.  I'm so tired as I work full time, my weeknights and weekends are mostly spent resting.  When I see friends or family Monday arrives far too quickly I don't see Saturday and Sunday passing.  Give me your opinion guys I'm afraid for cialis it's a bit like viagra but has a prolonging action basically it lasts more than 24 hours if there is sexual stimulation.  But I doubt that it will solve my sexual problems and that after taking it I have a normal erection etc.  I have erections but not like before.  @Ben190 your premature ejaculation is gone when you already?  Already if it comes back I would already have more confidence to have sex.  At the limit, morning or night erections are rare compared to before, but it doesn't matter to me.  On the other hand, ejaculation without pleasure is always so weird, I don't get used to it at all.

1 hour ago, Parisien said:

Hi guys, courage @Avicii don't give up on anything, be positive even if it's not easy, I understand you.  We don't deserve this but we'll get there by helping each other I'm sure I won't let you down you'll heal my friend.  Well you're super brave you give me hope even if some days I'm depressed.  These days when I come home from work I crumble at 6 p.m. and if I don't sleep 11 a night I have a bad day without energy at work.  My penis is also thin and shrunken as if it had no blood flow.  It will surely return to normal finally I hope from what I say @Ben190 .. I went to show my blood test results to my general practitioner testosterone etc etc everything is fine no abnormality.  Just a little cholesterol but that doesn't explain all the sexual problems.  I explained everything I had to my doctor who prescribed me Cialis.According to him, it's like an "update" to my brain and give it back the message that a normal erection is normal.  And restore blood flow to my penis.  I'm very hesitant to try cialis, I'm afraid of getting worse and especially that the improvement is only temporary.  I'm running out of solution mentally it's improving a lot for me despite the fatigue but sexually it's really nothing.  And it scares me very much

@Parisiendid you try Cialis? My doctor gave it to me for sexual dysfunction but it scares the crap out of me to try it. I take abilify, Risperdal, Cymbalta, klonopin and biperiden. 

Abilify from 20 mg to 10 mg-Nov.29,2017 to March.24,2019; Abilify 10 mg March.24,2019 to Sep.26,2020; 9,4ml Sep.27,2020;9,8ml Sep.29,2020;9,6ml Oct.17,2020;9,4ml Oct.30, 2020;9,2ml Nov.15,2020;9ml November 25th,2020;8,8ml December 16th,2020;8,6ml December 30th,2020;8,4ml January 13th,2021;8,2ml February 2nd,2021;8ml February 25th,2021;7,8ml March 17th,2021;7,6ml April 6th,2021;7,4ml April 18th,2021;7,2ml May 4th,2021;7ml  May 26th,2021;6,8ml June 6th,2021;6,6ml July 5th,2021;6,4ml July 21st,2021;6,2ml July 31st,2021;6ml August 13th,2021;5,8ml August 31st,2021;5,6ml September 16th,2021;5,4ml October 1st,2021;5,2ml October 15th,2021;5ml Nov 1st, 2021;4,8 ml Nov 13th,2021;Abilify 4,6ml November 28th,2021;Abilify 4ml December 10th,2021;Abilify 3,8ml January 1st,2022;Abilify 3,6ml January 15th,2022;Abilify 3,4ml January 28th,2022;Abilify 3,2ml February 15th,2022;Abilify 3ml February 28th,2022;Abilify 2,8ml March 12th,2022;Abilify 2,6ml March 31,2022;Abilify 2,5ml April 19th,2022;Abilify 2,4 May 6th,2022;Abilify 2,35ml May 26th,2022;Abilify 2,3ml June 23,2022; Abilify 2,2ml June 28th,2022;Abilify 2,1ml July 19th,2002;Abilify 2ml August 19th,2022;Abilify 1,95ml November 6th,2022;Abilify 1,9ml December 16th,2022;Abilify 1,85ml January 13th,2023;Abilify 1,85ml January 14th,2023;Abilify 1,90ml January 15th,2023; Abilify 1,89ml February 5th,2023;Abilify 1,88 ml February 10th,2023; Abilify 1,88

ml February 15th,2023; Abilify 1,85 ml February,20th,2023; Abilify 1,83ml March,6th,2023, Abilify 1,80ml March 17th,2023; Abilify 1,77ml March 29th,2023; Abilify 1,75ml April 12,2023; Abilify 1,5ml September 22nd,2023

Cymbalta 120 mg Jun.28,2011; 90mg Feb.19,2013 to Jun 5,2014;60 mg Jun.5,2014 to present

Klonopin 1,25 mg Jan.3,2016; 0,25mg Nov.28,2017 to present

biperiden extended release 4mg April.25,2008 to Feb.6,2009;Jun 24.2011 to January 13th 2023;Biperiden 4mg extended release + biperiden 1mg

Risperidone 2mg May.4,2017 to Dec 6.2019

Risperdal 1,5mg 12/06/19; 1,75mg 12/08/19; 1,5mg 12/20/19; 1,75mg (0,018g) 12/26/19

Risperidone 1,75ml 1/8/20; 1,70ml 1/18/20; 1,62ml 1/30/20; 1,54ml 2/29/20; 1,44ml 5/6/20; 1,42ml 5/7/20; 1,40ml 5/18/20; 1,30ml 6/1/20; 1,25ml 6/11/20; 1,12ml 7/5/20; 1ml 7/21/20; 0,96ml 8/16/20; 0,875ml 8/18/20; 0,86ml 8/28/20; 0,80ml 3/24/21;0,84ml 3/27/21; 0,86ml 4/4/21

2 hours ago, Parisien said:

For the blood flow to the penis I tell myself that sport is the best solution.  Although I don't know what the drug really did to me and if the sport will help me but I don't do it at all as I would like I will fix it.  I'm so tired as I work full time, my weeknights and weekends are mostly spent resting.  When I see friends or family Monday arrives far too quickly I don't see Saturday and Sunday passing.  Give me your opinion guys I'm afraid for cialis it's a bit like viagra but has a prolonging action basically it lasts more than 24 hours if there is sexual stimulation.  But I doubt that it will solve my sexual problems and that after taking it I have a normal erection etc.  I have erections but not like before.  @Ben190 your premature ejaculation is gone when you already?  Already if it comes back I would already have more confidence to have sex.  At the limit, morning or night erections are rare compared to before, but it doesn't matter to me.  On the other hand, ejaculation without pleasure is always so weird, I don't get used to it at all.

Yes it’s gone. I also have sometimes days where my need to have sex is getting more to normal. On these days touching feels nice, even seeing a girl in a nice outfit gives a light boner. So I am pretty sure the system needs to stabilize. As said before about PAWS this can last quite some time. But for me things do improve over time :)

premature Ejakulation is gone, orgasms are really intense and nice, erection medium, libido still low despite these moments where I feel how sexy women are.

It needs time and no cialis doesn’t solve any problem. I tried it 3-4 times and nothing... just easier to get a better erection and that’s it. Time, good healthy food, sleep, sports seem to be the best ways of moving forward.

keep going guys!

best 

ben

@Manny78 no I haven't tried and I don't know if I will.  According to my doctor, it can solve my pssd but I don't really believe it.  As I say, I think @Ben190 I'm mainly going to get back to sport and hope that over time it will get better and better.

Your doctor has (most likely) no idea what PSSD is and how to threat it. Their only solution as always is pills, always pills. They are pathetic to say the least. So your doctor means that Cialis is gonna cure anhedonia, brain fog etc. What an idiot!

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

You guys are right I'm not going to take Cialis.  I'm going to get back to sport sooner and I'll let you know if I see any improvement over time.

Hey guys do you mind telling me how long you took your antidepressant?  And how long have you been in withdrawal if it was a sudden or gradual withdrawal?  Courage to all it's not easy this week has been hard for me while the one before I was pretty good it's strange.  Sexuality level no improvement I'm afraid @Avicii@Ben190

Took Sertraline for 4 months. It’s been 18 months since I CT now. My issues started 2 months after my last pill.

My brain continues to heal every week and my body feels more relaxed now compared to just 3-4 months ago. The sexual part is still severe I’m afraid…

I wonder if accutane and SSRI have caused some kind of epigenetic change in my DNA. Accutane made som really severe damage to my skin, eyes, hair and joints and now SSRI crashed my brain. Can’t believe that I was so stupid taking all this sh*tty pills.

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

Hi, SSRI withdrawal is not related to epigenetic changes... It is disruption in the nervous system

Courage my friend already if you see improvements it's a good sign.  @Ben190 you took the treatment how long??  Me you know @Avicii I took seroplex for a year and a half so I think it may be more serious for me.  Beyond a year of taking it can be for life, that's what I read.  Afterwards I don't know but what scares me is never going back to the person I was before.  To wait to wait to make the effort without his pay .. and to miss out on my life somehow

@Fairsome  how are you?  You're probably right but it's been a long time so .. I'm 7 months out after a year and a half of taking and I'm still very bad I have slight improvements but sexually it's complete nothingness.  The shrinkage was not there while taking the antidepressant, it only came when I stopped and the other problems like premature ejaculation too .. I wonder if taking an AD can make it possible to have children.  Personally, taking the antidepressant again will be a matter of conscience for me, but at some point I just want to live normally, I'm not going to wait all my life to get better if it never happens.  It's very complicated, it takes time, but it's really difficult.

I don’t think it matters if you took the pills for 4 months or 18 months, 4 months is enough for the pills to make changes to your brain…

I also miss my old self, being the person I used to be…I have seen som improvements in this part the last 3-4 months so maybe I’ll be back someday. Yes it’s hard to watch your life just running away from you not being able to live the life you want. I’ve read som horror stories the last couples of days with people not recovering for 10+ years, that just freakes me out :(

it would be so much easier to fight this if we knew we would heal 100% someday.

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

18 minutes ago, Fairsome said:

Hi, SSRI withdrawal is not related to epigenetic changes... It is disruption in the nervous system

Can we be 100% sure of this? I really hope you are right!

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

3 hours ago, Avicii said:

Can we be 100% sure of this? I really hope you are right!

I think so, it doesn't make any sense the other way...

@Parisien I have seen little improvements in some WD symptoms but not in the PSSD... do you think sports can really help us recover faster?