Parisien: premature ejaculation escitalopram 10mg and Brintellix 5mg - sexual dysfunction

Parisien

1 minute ago, Parisien said:

Courage my friend I really hope that everything is going to improve with time.  How far out of weaning are you, a year?  And you stopped suddenly or gradually after how long of treatment?  For the feeling of pain in the head like me I notice it does to me when I don't get enough sleep I don't know about you.  For the rest we are quite similar even if I eat well.  For me, it could be liveable if the sexual dysfunction was resolved or improved, but not at all.  The rest I think it will come back but on the sexual part of weaning I have big doubts because I have the impression that down there it's like dead

I am one year into withdrawal from these pills. I stopped cold turkey after months. 

Your penis looks dead and that's because of the pelvic floor dysfunction. I wrote it here. It's not the penis itself, just no blood flow there, and no sensation because of pinching-off nerves.

Venlafaxine 75mg, 150mg, 225mg December 2020 - March 2021

Sertraline 50mg, 100mg March 2021 - April 2021

Escitalopram 10mg, 20 mg April 2021 - May 2021

For the shrunken penis and the premature ejaculation you would say it came back in how long @Ben190?  Did having sex help you get back to normal or kept you away?  If I'm not too indiscreet

Hello everyone, I was on seroplex 10mg in October 2019 for over a year and then on brintellix from March to September for maybe 8 months. I made several attempts to stop abruptly then I resumed the treatment of brintellix recently for a few weeks because it was too difficult to stop.

Symptom when stopped: premature ejaculation, ejaculation with less orgasm. Severe insomnia, transient headaches, sensitivity to noise and light.

Last intake of brintellix 5mg: Saturday, September 11, 2021

It's surely true @Fairsome .. there are a lot of assumptions on the subject in the end I don't know what to think.  If it's the pelvic floor, what can you do?  Have you ever tried to see a sexologist, andrologist etc?  That's the big problem is that in life when you're sick a cold a flu the doctor treats you .. the person can't do anything even make appointments do analyzes it's a waste of time

Hello everyone, I was on seroplex 10mg in October 2019 for over a year and then on brintellix from March to September for maybe 8 months. I made several attempts to stop abruptly then I resumed the treatment of brintellix recently for a few weeks because it was too difficult to stop.

Symptom when stopped: premature ejaculation, ejaculation with less orgasm. Severe insomnia, transient headaches, sensitivity to noise and light.

Also while on the pills, I also had some genital numbness and some shrinkage (only when flaccid, like lost feeling down there) but it got way worse after withdrawal. I could experience erections, pleasure down there now I can't

No I haven't seen any doctor because they can't do anything

It's strange I read a lot of testimonials there are people who during the antidepressant treatment had no libido etc. I was the opposite under antidepressant I had a strong libido.  For the shrunken penis, it's weird too, I only really noticed it when I stopped during weaning.

@Parisien have you thought about getting your case into court? Or taking legal actions against doctors and Big Pharma. The bad thing is that there's no test to prove the drug damage

No I haven't thought of that.  Then it won't give me back my sexuality

You are correct @Parisienwe have lost EVERYTHING! I am alot better now 2 years in compared to a year ago but still sooo far away from normality. I believe our only chance to heal this is to let our bodies and brain readapt and heal in it’s own pace. Taking new drugs will for sure interupt the healing process. Stay faaaaar away from doctors!

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

2020 Sertraline 50mg (okt 2020 - Jan 2021)

Guys, have any of you ever done a penis doppler?

3 hours ago, Parisien said:

Guys, have any of you ever done a penis doppler?

No. Is it safe though?

I think the Most Important thing is to legt Natural Healing accure. Most pssd People try anything (taking drugs, substances etc.) instead of leaving the Body Alone. For me doing nothing was the best

2018 - october: 10 days Fluoxetin 20mg

2018 - october: CT after bad reactions

2019 - june: 3,5 weeks Fluoxetin 20mg

2019 - june: 5 days Fluoxetin 10mg

2019 - july: CT after massive problems

@Fairsome For the penile doppler I don't know it's an examination in my opinion as the blood samples won't reveal anything but I'll try it.  Well you're right, I hope that with time everything will come back but it's long, very long @Ben190 

On 1/21/2023 at 6:36 PM, Parisien said:

@Fairsome For the penile doppler I don't know it's an examination in my opinion as the blood samples won't reveal anything but I'll try it.  Well you're right, I hope that with time everything will come back but it's long, very long @Ben190 

It will, But it is a Crazy ride. The First 1,5 years I slept so Bad and then things got better. I don’t know what the fu** happened at the Moment But I lost my sleep again. Very hard to start sleeping, sometimes only 3 hours per Night and I feel so tired But my Body wont sleep… 

How Are you guys doing?

11 hours ago, Ben190 said:

It will, But it is a Crazy ride. The First 1,5 years I slept so Bad and then things got better. I don’t know what the fu** happened at the Moment But I lost my sleep again. Very hard to start sleeping, sometimes only 3 hours per Night and I feel so tired But my Body wont sleep… 

How Are you guys doing?

I don't have problems sleeping however the dysfunction in the body remains. You said that you had most healing at 2-2.5 years off, so I have to wait...

19 minutes ago, Fairsome said:

I don't have problems sleeping however the dysfunction in the body remains. You said that you had most healing at 2-2.5 years off, so I have to wait...

Yep thats true! I think best healing began at 2,5 years, the Last 6 month were great healing But at the Moment the Sleeping is struggling. But it is Good that you can sleep! Thats important for recovery and healing 

2 years anniversary today….

I have never had problems with my sleep. My brain is much better now but still severe dysfunction in my lower body which includes my penis. It’s just sick that 4 months on Zoloft gave me theese problems for many years (maybe forever).

2 years now since I had a normal penis and a normal sexuality…wow

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

17 hours ago, Avicii said:

2 years anniversary today….

I have never had problems with my sleep. My brain is much better now but still severe dysfunction in my lower body which includes my penis. It’s just sick that 4 months on Zoloft gave me theese problems for many years (maybe forever).

2 years now since I had a normal penis and a normal sexuality…wow

2 years aren't many years or forever. Ben said he had a huge healing between 2 and 3 years so you just have to wait it out!

• 2 weeks later...

Guys does anyone here have stinky breath or smell (around armpits)? I have to change shirts constantly because of it, and it's terrible. My sweat is like sour. @Ben190 did you have this symptom?

22 hours ago, Fairsome said:

Guys does anyone here have stinky breath or smell (around armpits)? I have to change shirts constantly because of it, and it's terrible. My sweat is like sour. @Ben190 did you have this symptom?

Haha I had so much shi*, probably Yes. Nothing to worry about, your System is just working it’s way back to normality. How Are you doing? 

17 hours ago, Ben190 said:

Haha I had so much shi*, probably Yes. Nothing to worry about, your System is just working it’s way back to normality. How Are you doing? 

I still have all the shi* but I understand the body and system need time to heal... I hope soon I will be much better

Hi guys how are you?  I have a question for you @Ben190 and for all of you have you noticed the veins in your penis popping out?  My penis has recently become very veiny like it sticks out like spaghetti.. very strange did you get this?  I am now 1 year and 1 month away from weaning and even though I have had improvements in sleep I still have difficulty concentrating and I still have this feeling of being somewhere else.  Well, is this feeling gone for you?  And sexually always the same I hope that at 2 and a half or 3 years old it will be gone.  I would also like to wake up as before taking this drug I dream of waking up more rested and not feeling disconnected from people.  I doubt I can go back to my old self... @Avicii

On 09/02/2023 at 01:36, Fairsome said:

Les gars, est-ce que quelqu'un ici a une haleine ou une odeur puante (autour des aisselles) ? Je dois constamment changer de chemise à cause de cela, et c'est terrible. Ma sueur est comme aigre. @ Ben190as-tu eu ce symptôme ?

@Fairsome never had that except at the very beginning of weaning when I was sweating a lot but it only lasted 2 or 3 months when I had night sweats and where I was quite shocked compared to usual.  But it's gone I think it will leave for you too don't worry too much about it.  Me it's more the sexual and brain fog part that worries me a lot especially with a brutal withdrawal I hope it will come back one day

I don’t know what to say anymore….I don’t know about my veins because I never look at my penis anymore. I don’t want to see the mess.

This must clear up pretty soon because I don’t have much more power to fight with anymore. Taking care of my kids, working full time, trying to hide this from my family and friends and so on. It just takes to much energy and I have very soon reached the absolute bottom. 

I am gonna go skiing with my kids next week and I can’t see how I am gonna keep it all up…give me strength!

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

I understand you my friend, i myself have a lot of fatigue after work I crumble at home and do not do much.  Even sports put me in a brain fog.  But some here said it's better than the brain fog fades and even sexually it's better.  But the more time passes, the less I believe them or the less I tell myself that it will work out for me.  Even on antidepressants I was certainly like drug but I had a sexuality close to normal and I was not tired at this point.  Then brain fog is the worst I think.  How long will it take to see positive changes?  apart from sleep, nothing is going well.  I have dreams I have nocturnal erections sometimes but I can see that sexual level is not going as before

22 hours ago, Avicii said:

I don’t know what to say anymore….I don’t know about my veins because I never look at my penis anymore. I don’t want to see the mess.

This must clear up pretty soon because I don’t have much more power to fight with anymore. Taking care of my kids, working full time, trying to hide this from my family and friends and so on. It just takes to much energy and I have very soon reached the absolute bottom. 

I am gonna go skiing with my kids next week and I can’t see how I am gonna keep it all up…give me strength!

I wish you a lot of strength. Just one question to ask, can you feel Joey at the Moment or Are feelings still Not there?

22 hours ago, Parisien said:

I understand you my friend, i myself have a lot of fatigue after work I crumble at home and do not do much.  Even sports put me in a brain fog.  But some here said it's better than the brain fog fades and even sexually it's better.  But the more time passes, the less I believe them or the less I tell myself that it will work out for me.  Even on antidepressants I was certainly like drug but I had a sexuality close to normal and I was not tired at this point.  Then brain fog is the worst I think.  How long will it take to see positive changes?  apart from sleep, nothing is going well.  I have dreams I have nocturnal erections sometimes but I can see that sexual level is not going as before

Hard to Tell, But you will See improvements. I mein I am more than 3,5 years now off. Still not at 100% but today I wanted to study But was so horny… I am not used to This But I think I am healing good. It’s Hard that it Takes so much Time to See healing for most.

Hope you all see improvements just like I did.

and regarding your questions, Yes I had that veins part to. My penis looked skinny, like shredded. Now he is normal again and I Masturbate Daily. Main Problem is that I am not „horny“ every day, erection still sometimes Good sometimes bad. All in all good improvements the Last 12 months

4 hours ago, Ben190 said:

I wish you a lot of strength. Just one question to ask, can you feel Joey at the Moment or Are feelings still Not there?

I don’t know if I would call it joy but Feelings/anhedonia are much better than a year ago which means that I see improvements but it’s extremely slow and painful. I really miss my old self, my sexuality and my interest in other people. 

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

6 hours ago, Ben190 said:

Hard to Tell, But you will See improvements. I mein I am more than 3,5 years now off. Still not at 100% but today I wanted to study But was so horny… I am not used to This But I think I am healing good. It’s Hard that it Takes so much Time to See healing for most.

Hope you all see improvements just like I did.

and regarding your questions, Yes I had that veins part to. My penis looked skinny, like shredded. Now he is normal again and I Masturbate Daily. Main Problem is that I am not „horny“ every day, erection still sometimes Good sometimes bad. All in all good improvements the Last 12 months

Wow you wanted to study but you were so horny, that seems good in aspect of PSSD. 😀 I have all feelings, I can feel joy, just no erection down there, that's the problem. The blood flow and nerve sensation in the penis are disrupted.

11 hours ago, Avicii said:

I don’t know if I would call it joy but Feelings/anhedonia are much better than a year ago which means that I see improvements but it’s extremely slow and painful. I really miss my old self, my sexuality and my interest in other people. 

I know thats quite hard But it’s a Good sign that you somehow start to feel something. I was so dead regarding feelings… the Rest will recover too! Unfortunately it Takes Time. The goal is to keep going and your mind busy

9 hours ago, Fairsome said:

Wow you wanted to study but you were so horny, that seems good in aspect of PSSD. 😀 I have all feelings, I can feel joy, just no erection down there, that's the problem. The blood flow and nerve sensation in the penis are disrupted.

Haha yes it was kinda crazy. But all these small signs where something is different for a short period of time will show you that something is happening. Something changes and then things come back more and more

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, how are you? @Avicii @Ben190 @Fairsome etc  I come to give my news and also take some to know if you are improving or not..?
At the moment I have symptoms sometimes of even minimal improvements and sometimes very bad days.  First of all, I still have this feeling of being somewhere else, a little to the west, disconnected from reality. It's a very embarrassing symptom where I don't feel myself like before taking drugs.  I hope it will return to normal, @Ben190 how do you feel at this level?  I'm 1 year and soon 2 months out of cold turkey weaning.  My sleep is really good but on the other hand I really have to go to bed early if I go to bed late the next day I'm having a very bad day.  I need 10 hours of sleep, and if it's 11, that's even better.  In general, I'm better if I take stock of the beginning of my withdrawal and now I've come a long way.  And it wasn't easy but I'm afraid I was only at the very beginning.  Brain fog is very disabling if anyone has feedback over time I'm interested.  I also notice that sexually when I play sports I sometimes have more erection when I think about sex.  And some nocturnal erection also so I will continue in this voice the sport plays positively on it I find.  And I had noticed that the day after an intensive sports session I had an intense brain fog worse than usual but this is no longer the case I just have my usual brain fog.  I work full time, I play sports so I need a lot more sleep than before because otherwise the fatigue is disabling.  On the other hand I do not notice any improvement concerning premature ejaculation (although I have not had a report since I dare to hope that it can help regular practice, orgasm is always completely muted).  I also have a question for all of you who are hit by withdrawal, I am one of those who had a good libido on antidepressants, all the sexual symptoms my hitting when I quit drugs (apart from orgasm without pleasure  that happened during the shot).  I notice that the size of my sex can sometimes seem normal at rest even if it is still smaller than before depending on the time of day.  But I notice that in erection it is smaller than before.  Time is the best thing to heal but do you think that if within 3 years it has not returned to normal is what do you think or according to some who have experienced the resumption of antidepressants or  of a substitute (St. John's wort) can make premature ejaculation disappear and help restore a normal size of sex?  I had already taken an antidepressant once after a break before my withdrawal and it had made the premature ejaculation disappear.  Are the moderators interested in this topic?  Sorry to mark you here but many of us are in great distress over what is happening to us even though everyone here is.  I am trying to be positive but would like some advice please know if with your experience you think we are on the road to recovery?  I know it can take many years especially in cold turkey but there are days when it really depresses me although I try to act to get better. @Altostrates 

• Administrator

@Parisien, from your post, I gather that your libido and physical sexual response is returning. That is a good sign that you can expect very slow, gradual improvement.

The rest of your post indicates that you are impatient and that this impatience is making you anxious. I suggest you relax and accept it that your recovery will be slow and gradual.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

@Parisien, from your post, I gather that your libido and physical sexual response is returning. That is a good sign that you can expect very slow, gradual improvement.

The rest of your post indicates that you are impatient and that this impatience is making you anxious. I suggest you relax and accept it that your recovery will be slow and gradual.

Altostrata is completely right here. It will take time But as you sometimes See Small improvements it lets me also think that your Body is healing. I know How frustrating everything can be But Keep going and for me Sports is also Good. It also helps me when i have Crazy pain. Today it was a Bad day, i felt so much pain that I needed pain killers. Lets See what tomorrow brings :) every day is another day to heal and get more to your old Life.

@ParisienI just got home after a whole week of skiing with my kids and I survived! I don’t think many ”healthy” humans would have the strength to go on a ski holliday alone with 2 kids. I am proud of myself that I managed to give my kids this great experience. I also think this week was good when it comes to healing. I felt pretty strong the whole week actually and it is obvious that my brain gets better every week. It’s extremely slow and painful but healing is taking place.

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

On 2/26/2023 at 8:47 PM, Avicii said:

@ParisienI just got home after a whole week of skiing with my kids and I survived! I don’t think many ”healthy” humans would have the strength to go on a ski holliday alone with 2 kids. I am proud of myself that I managed to give my kids this great experience. I also think this week was good when it comes to healing. I felt pretty strong the whole week actually and it is obvious that my brain gets better every week. It’s extremely slow and painful but healing is taking place.

Great to hear you had a nice Time with your kids and see some improvements. Keep going, the way might be hard But it’s worth it 😇

@Ben190 so now you can have sex when you want to and don't have much problem getting good erection?