Parisien: premature ejaculation escitalopram 10mg and Brintellix 5mg - sexual dysfunction

Parisien

Guys, did you read Charlie Brown's success story? He also suffered from PSSD. His libido improved 3 years after his last pill and his total recovery took 5-7 years. It's a long time but he did recover. Please continue to have hope you will recover fully one day.

Jan 29, 2023 - Took my one and only dose of Mirtazapine (15 mg). Developed an immediate adverse reaction with list of withdrawal-like symptoms.

4 hours ago, Chompoo said:

Guys, did you read Charlie Brown's success story? He also suffered from PSSD. His libido improved 3 years after his last pill and his total recovery took 5-7 years. It's a long time but he did recover. Please continue to have hope you will recover fully one day.

Yes I have read his story, it is good that he is recovered. But did he get the PSSD after the 'treatment' or on the pills and then he slowly recovered?

Venlafaxine 75mg, 150mg, 225mg December 2020 - March 2021

Sertraline 50mg, 100mg March 2021 - April 2021

Escitalopram 10mg, 20 mg April 2021 - May 2021

7 years to heal….great that he has healed but it’s just awful that he lost 7 years of his life and the same thing is happening to us. 

A compensation of 500 million dollars would be fair but the money wouldn’t make me any happier I guess. All we want is to be normal again but Big Pharma should pay for all the suffering they have caused.

I am a positive guy but you @Ben190is truly an inspiration. You always see the positive side of this injury and that probably helps you alot. 

When were you able to have sex again @Ben190? When did you feel ”normal” again? Did you have a girlfriend all these years? That would have been impossible for me….

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

2020 Sertraline 50mg (okt 2020 - Jan 2021)

3 hours ago, Avicii said:

7 years to heal….great that he has healed but it’s just awful that he lost 7 years of his life and the same thing is happening to us. 

A compensation of 500 million dollars would be fair but the money wouldn’t make me any happier I guess. All we want is to be normal again but Big Pharma should pay for all the suffering they have caused.

I am a positive guy but you @Ben190is truly an inspiration. You always see the positive side of this injury and that probably helps you alot. 

When were you able to have sex again @Ben190? When did you feel ”normal” again? Did you have a girlfriend all these years? That would have been impossible for me….

I am not able to have sex at all, my penis and erections just don't work as they should. Anyway, I can't get any girls because of my social anxiety (that I took the drugs for) so at least you don't have my issues huh 

@Fairsome Charlie Brown developed PSSD on stopping the pills.

@Avicii Charlie Brown felt his plumbing was working after 3 years, but it was 5-7 years before it was 100% back to normal. Three years is still a long time of course. It's gruesom what these drugs have done to us. I myself am suffering after ONE pill. But my point us, you're almost there. Don't give up hope.

Jan 29, 2023 - Took my one and only dose of Mirtazapine (15 mg). Developed an immediate adverse reaction with list of withdrawal-like symptoms.

28 minutes ago, Chompoo said:

@Fairsome Charlie Brown developed PSSD on stopping the pills.

@Avicii Charlie Brown felt his plumbing was working after 3 years, but it was 5-7 years before it was 100% back to normal. Three years is still a long time of course. It's gruesom what these drugs have done to us. I myself am suffering after ONE pill. But my point us, you're almost there. Don't give up hope.

One pill, this is just sick and it shows that they should be banned! What are your symptoms?

1 minute ago, Fairsome said:

One pill, this is just sick and it shows that they should be banned! What are your symptoms?

@Fairsome so many symptoms:

- Horrible insomnia. I slept 0 hours a night for 8 nights. Then I began to sleep 2-3 hours a night for a month. My sleep has now lengthened to 5-7 hours after 4 months, but it's broken. I wake up 4-5 times a night. Sometimes, I get back to sleep easily after each awakening. Other times, I don't and I end up sleeping 3-4 hours the whole night. Recently, I started to get vivid (or weird) dreams every night, sometimes two a night. Despite sleeping 6-7 hours on some nights, I still wake up feeling exhausted due to the dreams and non-stop awakenings. My sleep is currently very unstable. I'm as likely to sleep 3-4 hours as 6-7 hours a night.
- Extreme food intolerance. Can't eat a lot of stuff without getting nerve pain, headache and stomach pain. Impossible for me to eat out at all, I have to cook at home every day. Traveling or holidays are also out of the question, because I can't eat out.
- Lots of stomach gas, no matter what I eat. Really embarassing to keep farting, sometimes loudly. My stomach makes strange noises at strange times as well, even when I'm not hungry. These seem to be digestion sounds, and my stomach appears to be struggling.
- Heart palpitations every day that come and go
- Horrible acne. I'm 45 years old. I stopped having acne a long time ago. Now, it is back and worse than what I had as a teenager. My face is scarred with fresh bumps and marks of old scars. My self-esteem has taken a real beating.
- Shocking amount of hair loss. Haven't felt so ugly ever.
 - I used to have tinnitus (ringing in ears). It comes and goes on a highly infrequent basis.
- Breating problems / air hunger at some point. That has also gone away.
- Phantom itches or itching for no reason. This keeps coming and going.
- Random sneezing for no reason, nasal drip right before bedtime and itching in the nostrils

There's probably more that I've forgotten...

4 months after ONE pill and still suffering. And nowhere close to the end yet.

12 minutes ago, Chompoo said:

@Fairsome so many symptoms:

- Horrible insomnia. I slept 0 hours a night for 8 nights. Then I began to sleep 2-3 hours a night for a month. My sleep has now lengthened to 5-7 hours after 4 months, but it's broken. I wake up 4-5 times a night. Sometimes, I get back to sleep easily after each awakening. Other times, I don't and I end up sleeping 3-4 hours the whole night. Recently, I started to get vivid (or weird) dreams every night, sometimes two a night. Despite sleeping 6-7 hours on some nights, I still wake up feeling exhausted due to the dreams and non-stop awakenings. My sleep is currently very unstable. I'm as likely to sleep 3-4 hours as 6-7 hours a night.
- Extreme food intolerance. Can't eat a lot of stuff without getting nerve pain, headache and stomach pain. Impossible for me to eat out at all, I have to cook at home every day. Traveling or holidays are also out of the question, because I can't eat out.
- Lots of stomach gas, no matter what I eat. Really embarassing to keep farting, sometimes loudly. My stomach makes strange noises at strange times as well, even when I'm not hungry. These seem to be digestion sounds, and my stomach appears to be struggling.
- Heart palpitations every day that come and go
- Horrible acne. I'm 45 years old. I stopped having acne a long time ago. Now, it is back and worse than what I had as a teenager. My face is scarred with fresh bumps and marks of old scars. My self-esteem has taken a real beating.
- Shocking amount of hair loss. Haven't felt so ugly ever.
 - I used to have tinnitus (ringing in ears). It comes and goes on a highly infrequent basis.
- Breating problems / air hunger at some point. That has also gone away.
- Phantom itches or itching for no reason. This keeps coming and going.
- Random sneezing for no reason, nasal drip right before bedtime and itching in the nostrils

There's probably more that I've forgotten...

4 months after ONE pill and still suffering. And nowhere close to the end yet.

Holy ****, this is terrifying. I also have some of your symptoms (stomach and gut problems, farting, itching...). My other symptoms are PSSD, altered taste in my mouth, and smell, pain in my head and neck, feeling too hot sometimes. These drugs do so much damage to the CNS, it is just horrible. 

@Fairsome I'm so sorry you are still suffering so much after 2 years. Has anything improved for you yet?

4 minutes ago, Chompoo said:

@Fairsome I'm so sorry you are still suffering so much after 2 years. Has anything improved for you yet?

Actually it is a year and half on 0.000 but so far no improvements. I am trying some energy treatment for CNS and I will write here if I get any results 

@Fairsome I hope the CNS treatment works for you. I've tried many supplements and 11 sessions of acupuncture. So far, nothing has worked to improve my symptoms. It's like, I take something to help my stomach or heart. But there's nothing wrong with my stomach or heart. Just that the brain is not signalling to these organs in the right way. The brain has to heal, but nothing seems to heal it except time. I take omega 3 supplements, but I don't feel they make much of a difference.

So I've given up. I only take magnesium these days, and a DAO enzyme whenever I've eaten something that causes me trouble.

I hope we will all recover soon from these ghastly poisons otherwise known as antidepressants.

11 minutes ago, Chompoo said:

@Fairsome I hope the CNS treatment works for you. I've tried many supplements and 11 sessions of acupuncture. So far, nothing has worked to improve my symptoms. It's like, I take something to help my stomach or heart. But there's nothing wrong with my stomach or heart. Just that the brain is not signalling to these organs in the right way. The brain has to heal, but nothing seems to heal it except time. I take omega 3 supplements, but I don't feel they make much of a difference.

So I've given up. I only take magnesium these days, and a DAO enzyme whenever I've eaten something that causes me trouble.

I hope we will all recover soon from these ghastly poisons otherwise known as antidepressants.

I am using Bioresonance treatment, you can find it on YouTube. So far after 2 weeks no changes, but I am giving it more time, I have had good results with this type of treatment before!

@Fairsome great, if this treatment works, please let us know. Thanks!

@Fairsome I ran a google search on bioresonance treatment and food intolerance, in the hope that it could treat my food issues. I found this article, which isn't very complimentary:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/called-bio-resonance-tests-food-22846043

11 minutes ago, Chompoo said:

@Fairsome I ran a google search on bioresonance treatment and food intolerance, in the hope that it could treat my food issues. I found this article, which isn't very complimentary:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/called-bio-resonance-tests-food-22846043

I don't know what to say... I am using treatment with Rife frequencies on YouTube, not any machines like that in the article. Probably there are some scammers out there. I suggest you to search about Dr. Royal Rife. Also, food intolerance is just one manifestation of your 'adverse reaction syndrome', you shouldn't focus on one single symptom but rather on healing the whole CNS

@Fairsome I hope your treatment works. 

On 5/27/2023 at 6:12 PM, Avicii said:

I always try to See positive things But it really got easier the longer you Are on the healing path

2018 - october: 10 days Fluoxetin 20mg

2018 - october: CT after bad reactions

2019 - june: 3,5 weeks Fluoxetin 20mg

2019 - june: 5 days Fluoxetin 10mg

2019 - july: CT after massive problems

• 2 weeks later...

How are you doing @Parisien  @Fairsome and @Avicii?

I am a severe pssd case (total loss of sexual functioning and severe emotional blunting) since April 2022 and I am losing more and more hope that I will get myself back :(

Januar 2020- one week mirtazapine

June 2020- 3 pills of Fluoxetine

April 2021- July 2021 Zoloft (50mg) - I developed a mild form of pssd
Oktober 2021-February 2022 St. Johns Wort (900mg) - Sexual Dysfunction got gradually worse
April 2022 - 2 weeks Wellbutrin (150mg)

April 2022- July 2022 From time to time Promethazin and Tavor
Now I have full blown pssd (emotional anaesthesia and severe pssd)

@Mango123 I have the same but since april 2021…brain fog, dp/dr, severe pssd, anhedonia etc. Everyday it feels like I am waking up from a coma.

Still I manage to work 100% and be the head coach for my sons soccer team. I am really proud about myself trying to live as normal as possible when in reality, I suffer every single minute…

Life isn’t fair…not even close.

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

Wow, sounds like you are very strong!

Do you guys believe that there is a chance for natural healing or a treatment in the future?

I used to be a hig sensitive young woman with a great Sex life and tbh I can't imagine living the the next 60 or more years with this condition. My life seems complete pointless as I can't feel anything for anybody or anything.

Beside the emotional blunting it's such a trauma to be numb down there and feeling no libido, attraction or love anymore.

My life actually just started and I was looking forward to everything ahead and now I am just suffering every second and sleeping is my only escape from this.

Sorry for my negativity, but I am desperately looking for some hope...

Oktober 2021-February 2022 St. Johns Wort (900mg) - Sexual Dysfunction got gradually worse

I totally understand that you are desperate @Mango123 but remember that a year ago everything was even worse for me. Healing is in progress but it’s extremely slow. Yes you can and probably will heal naturaly but it can take many years when the injury is this severe. 

I know how hard it is to be 100% numb and 100% asexual, it’s hell. I have two kids and I can barely feel love for them anymore, it’s pure terror. You are not alone! Keep fighting because there is no other option.

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

Guys we can heal from this! I will update you on my Bioresonance, I am now using frequencies to balance functions of the brain and think this can get the job done in a few months. It should heal the serotonin receptors in the brain. You will be fine

@Mango123 can you give more insight into how you got the PSSD? Do you have withdrawal symptoms? Did the PSSD occur after stopping the drug or it is persistent effects that started on the drugs

Thanks @Fairsomefor your reply.

So first I had a mild form  of PSSD which started ON Zoloft back in 2021.

Then it got gradually worse when I took SJW.

When I stopped SJW I was getting serious suicidal and anxious which I think was a form of withdrawal as I did not have these symptoms ever before..

Because of that I was looking for help and unfortunately was pushed to take Bupropion in a psych ward. This was my biggest mistake!!

Only took it for 2 weeks, but as it gave me insommia, racing heartbeat and Agitation they gave me Promethazin and Tavor..

The first months I still had a high pulse and no feelings of thirst or hunger. 

But I don't think it was typical withdrawal as I always felt emotionally flat and sexually numb since then.

I don't experience these waves and Windows what other withdrawal sufferers describe. I guess that these cases have a higher chance for recovery.

I am very hopeless atm.

Would you mind telling me more about your treatment? Have you seen any improvements yet from it?

24 minutes ago, Mango123 said:

Thanks @Fairsomefor your reply.

So first I had a mild form  of PSSD which started ON Zoloft back in 2021.

Then it got gradually worse when I took SJW.

When I stopped SJW I was getting serious suicidal and anxious which I think was a form of withdrawal as I did not have these symptoms ever before..

Because of that I was looking for help and unfortunately was pushed to take Bupropion in a psych ward. This was my biggest mistake!!

Only took it for 2 weeks, but as it gave me insommia, racing heartbeat and Agitation they gave me Promethazin and Tavor..

The first months I still had a high pulse and no feelings of thirst or hunger. 

But I don't think it was typical withdrawal as I always felt emotionally flat and sexually numb since then.

I don't experience these waves and Windows what other withdrawal sufferers describe. I guess that these cases have a higher chance for recovery.

I am very hopeless atm.

Would you mind telling me more about your treatment? Have you seen any improvements yet from it?

I have been using it for a week. It is Bioresonance treatment with Rife frequencies for Brain Diseases, it is on YouTube... If it works, I should see a result in a month. 

I am not very familiar with some of the drugs that you took. I know SSRIs can cause persistent increase in serotonin levels and for some people this is the reason for their PSSD. For others, they get it after withdrawal, and in this case it is the serotonin receptors that need to upregulate in response to the new non-drug serotonin levels...  

So I suspect you got the PSSD on Zoloft, then it got worse on SJW and on Bupropion?

Sounds interesting.. Please keep us updated :)

yes exactly, I got it on Sertraline and it only got worse with further treatment.

My regret is soo high, especially because I even didnt need the medication in the first place..

Just now, Mango123 said:

Sounds interesting.. Please keep us updated :)

yes exactly, I got it on Sertraline and it only got worse with further treatment.

My regret is soo high, especially because I even didnt need the medication in the first place..

Yes I will update you. I have had results with this type of treatment before, but I couldn't find the right treatment to cure these symptoms, for over a year... This should be the one. 

I read that Bupropion increases dopamine levels... I am not sure how it made your PSSD worse. Nothing works as it is said on paper with these drugs

@Mango123 this is from chatgpt

The exact mechanism by which bupropion may cause sexual dysfunction is not fully understood. However, there are a few theories regarding how it might contribute to these side effects:

Noradrenergic and dopaminergic effects: Bupropion primarily works by increasing the levels of norepinephrine (noradrenaline) and dopamine in the brain. While these neurotransmitters play important roles in mood regulation, they can also affect sexual function. Increased levels of norepinephrine and dopamine may influence sexual desire, arousal, and orgasm, potentially leading to sexual dysfunction.

Antagonism of serotonin receptors: Bupropion has been shown to have a weak inhibitory effect on serotonin reuptake. Serotonin is another neurotransmitter involved in the regulation of sexual function. By interfering with serotonin reuptake, bupropion may disrupt the delicate balance of serotonin in the brain, which could contribute to sexual side effects.

Individual differences: It is worth noting that individual variations in brain chemistry and sensitivity to medications can also play a role in the occurrence of sexual dysfunction. Different people may respond differently to bupropion, and the underlying reasons for sexual side effects can vary from person to person

• 5 weeks later...
  • Mentor

Hi, I have not read the entire forum. I have spoken to some of you.

I just wanted to say that ChatGPT. Is Very bad sometimes. It adds words that were never written. It even censors certain texts, based mildly about sexuality. It's not the best A.I.

Here in Canada, when all the synthetic cathinone's were banned (Bath salts) Bupropion was specifically excluded from the laws. It's a synth-Cathinone.

Very different from the stimulant/MDMA-like drugs. But people crush and snort/shoot Bupropion. (Poor man's crack) Here. (I have not taken it ever. This is information that I read/saw)

Sexual side effects are not uncommon. When taken as prescribed.

SSRI's VS. SNRI's V.S. Triple reuptake inhibitors. (Dope, Sert, Norp.) TCA's, anti-psychotics.

Bupropion, a TRI.

Cocaine is a TRI. Inhibiting Serotonin, Dopamine, Epinephrine uptake. (The high)

All these drugs change sexual performance. With varying degrees. Cocaine and sex... I won't say more other than. Some people love it. For other's it doesn't feel good, at all.

I Am Not A Medical Professional! 👨‍⚕️

Prescribed Various SSRI's/SNRI, Benzos and One Anti-Psychotic at 16, in 2009.

Fluoxetine 10mg - 1 Month. Switch to Venlafaxine 75-150mg for 3-5 months. Switch to Sertraline 50-100mg for 6-9 months. Risperidone added. (Suicide attempt, Akathisia) Cold turkey. Eventual taper of Sertraline.

Clonazepam 0.5mg 1X daily for 1 month, as I switched from Venlafaxine to Sertraline. About 3 months of Sertraline with no improvement, Risperidone was added @ 0.25mg-0.5mg for one week. Then raised to 0.75 and 1mg after another week. With 100mg Sertraline daily. Then raised to 1.5Mg after a check-up.

Sudden stop of Risperidone. After suicide attempt.

A self-taper, because I didn't trust doctors. Removing Sertraline XR beads from 100mg capsules, over 5-9 months. Which I would consider too hasty, in retrospect. I am recovered from all medication side effects!

My success story: 

I have taken many prescriptions/drugs, with/without a script. Most any prescription/illicit/grey market drug type. Searching for relief from/as, anxiety/Sleep-aids. All drugs are long ago. By God's will, I will stop smoking.

He's saved me more than once.

Hello guys! Hope you are doing alright @Ben190 @Parisien @Fairsome @Mango123 @Chompoo

A short update from me;

Eveeything is continuing to heal, well everything except the sexual part. I can now workout at the gym pretty much everyday and with full power. I can work 100% and I can coach my sons soccer team. So far so good. 

The bad part is that I still have a light version of DP/DR and numbness hanging over me. My PSSD hasn’t improved at all. Still shrunk penis and all that. Guess I have to hope for a miracle to be able to have my sexuality back one day. 

Well at least somethings are much better if I compare to 1-2 years back. I have read in other peoples success stories that the sexual part was the last thing to improve which means there is still hope I guess.

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

19 hours ago, CharlieBrown said:

Hi, I have not read the entire forum. I have spoken to some of you.

I just wanted to say that ChatGPT. Is Very bad sometimes. It adds words that were never written. It even censors certain texts, based mildly about sexuality. It's not the best A.I.

Here in Canada, when all the synthetic cathinone's were banned (Bath salts) Bupropion was specifically excluded from the laws. It's a synth-Cathinone.

Very different from the stimulant/MDMA-like drugs. But people crush and snort/shoot Bupropion. (Poor man's crack) Here. (I have not taken it ever. This is information that I read/saw)

Sexual side effects are not uncommon. When taken as prescribed.

SSRI's VS. SNRI's V.S. Triple reuptake inhibitors. (Dope, Sert, Norp.) TCA's, anti-psychotics.

Bupropion, a TRI.

Cocaine is a TRI. Inhibiting Serotonin, Dopamine, Epinephrine uptake. (The high)

All these drugs change sexual performance. With varying degrees. Cocaine and sex... I won't say more other than. Some people love it. For other's it doesn't feel good, at all.

Hi there, I agree that ChatGPT is far from perfect and sometimes it says wrong/inaccurate information. But it still brings some good points.

I have heard your story. Did you get the PSSD after stopping the pills or the symptoms began on the pills and then slowly healed?

@Avicii it's great that you are making the most of your life despite this. I hope that everything heals for us

• Mentor
1 hour ago, Fairsome said:

Hi there, I agree that ChatGPT is far from perfect and sometimes it says wrong/inaccurate information. But it still brings some good points.

I have heard your story. Did you get the PSSD after stopping the pills or the symptoms began on the pills and then slowly healed?
@Avicii it's great that you are making the most of your life despite this. I hope that everything heals for us.

@Fairsome

-ChatGPT does do a good job sometimes. But I have seen people experimenting with it. Using only "Grammar and typos" as corrections, but entire sentences changed. (Including creating a sentence about ionized water. Wildly off topic.)

-Dysfunction during/PSSD after taking the meds.

- @Avicii I have faith/believe healing for everyone will continue, to some degree. There are so many factors. Being strong/not giving-up/patience helped me the most. (Apparently, I'm strong. I don't feel that way, but people have said I am.) I wish the best for you.

Edited by CharlieBrown
grammar

Fluoxetine 10mg - 1 Month. Switch to Venlafaxine 75-150mg for 3-5 months. Switch to Sertraline 50-100mg for 6-9 months. Risperidone added. (Suicide attempt, Akathisia) Cold turkey. Eventual taper of Sertraline.

Clonazepam 0.5mg 1X daily for 1 month, as I switched from Venlafaxine to Sertraline. About 3 months of Sertraline with no improvement, Risperidone was added @ 0.25mg-0.5mg for one week. Then raised to 0.75 and 1mg after another week. With 100mg Sertraline daily. Then raised to 1.5Mg after a check-up.

A self-taper, because I didn't trust doctors. Removing Sertraline XR beads from 100mg capsules, over 5-9 months. Which I would consider too hasty, in retrospect. I am recovered from all medication side effects!

My success story: 

I have taken many prescriptions/drugs, with/without a script. Most any prescription/illicit/grey market drug type. Searching for relief from/as, anxiety/Sleep-aids. All drugs are long ago. By God's will, I will stop smoking.

6 minutes ago, CharlieBrown said:

@Fairsome

-ChatGPT does do a good job sometimes. But I have seen people experimenting with it. Using only "Grammar and typos" as corrections, but entire sentences changed. (Including creating a sentence about ionized water. Wildly off topic.)

- @Avicii I have faith/believe healing for everyone will continue, to some degree. There are so many factors. Being strong/not giving-up/patience helped me the most. (Apparently, I'm strong. I don't feel that way, but people have said I am.) I wish the best for you.

Yes I had the same, I mean you had dysfunction during taking the drugs and after that, did it worsen into full blown PSSD?

• Mentor
1 hour ago, Fairsome said:

Yes I had the same, I mean you had dysfunction during taking the drugs and after that, did it worsen into full blown PSSD?

@Fairsome Yes, while taking the drugs, I lost all sexual ability. It's one reason I stopped taking the pills. They also didn't help me. I tapered. After that, 5-7 years of PSSD.

My success story: 

15 hours ago, CharlieBrown said:

@Fairsome

I would say that we are all strong just staying alive. To be honest I have suicidal thoughts every single day…and I used to love life.

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

Guys, I am still trying ways to heal this with sound therapy, but I don't want to speak before I see any results. I believe it's possible. Really for most of us is desentisized receptors (mostly of serotonin I guess) due to neuroadaptions that occured while we were actively taking the SSRIs. However, the brain is a highly interconnected and complex system, and neurotransmitters often interact with other receptors and systems. You change one, you disrupt the whole orchestra. The pseudo-homeostasis of the body was disrupted after withdrawal. Every neurotransmitter strictly correlates with sexual function, and as I said, they are interconnected. So these drugs, while acting on the serotonin system, basically act on the whole organism and every system.