Parisien: premature ejaculation escitalopram 10mg and Brintellix 5mg - sexual dysfunction

Parisien

12 minutes ago, modelarz71 said:

Sorry I have a question did the "doctors" label your current intestinal problems as IBS i.e. sensitive bowel?

I have intestinal problems and it scares me that they say it is not for the drug?

I have not seen any doctors at all since my system crashed. The doctor that was 'treating' me said that this is caused by anxiety and it's mental, which is absurd because I didn't have these issues before and it is obviously physiological. Also she denied the existence of PSSD and WD syndrome..... Doctors who gave you these pills aren't going to help you anyway, but maybe you can check your gut for SIBO/SIFO/gut dysbiosis and treat it. 

Venlafaxine 75mg, 150mg, 225mg December 2020 - March 2021

Sertraline 50mg, 100mg March 2021 - April 2021

Escitalopram 10mg, 20 mg April 2021 - May 2021

My penis is so shrunken and numb to the point it's even hard to urinate, I can't feel it when doing that and sometimes have to sit down to urinate. Did/does anyone have this?

I have the same @Fairsome it’s a nightmare.

BUT you should stop reading horror stories. Stop reading anything outside this forum, it only hurts you even more. I took the decision two years ago to not read anything about PSSD because it made me feel even worse. The only thing you should focus on is surviving everyday. Every night when you go to bed you can say to yourself ”good job Fairsome, I made it another day and I am strong as f**k going through this.

Keep going…

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

2020 Sertraline 50mg (okt 2020 - Jan 2021)

32 minutes ago, Avicii said:

I have the same @Fairsome it’s a nightmare.

BUT you should stop reading horror stories. Stop reading anything outside this forum, it only hurts you even more. I took the decision two years ago to not read anything about PSSD because it made me feel even worse. The only thing you should focus on is surviving everyday. Every night when you go to bed you can say to yourself ”good job Fairsome, I made it another day and I am strong as f**k going through this.

Keep going…

Thanks mate, you are right, I usually don't read anything other from this website because I don't want to see the doom over the net. I was just looking for theories about what might have caused this, if it is just neurological or if there is an autoimmune reaction, the same as with Long Covid... It would be so much easier if we knew that after some years we would be healed just with enough time, that would give us some peace in the current moment, but we have no idea what will happen and that's why I am trying to understand this phenomenon. I truly believe everyone can heal one way or another, BUT I can't say that everyone heals on its own, without doing anything. And I don't want to live with this sh*t for another ten years, if I don't heal just with time....

• 1 month later...

@Fairsome @Avicii @modelarz71 Gentlemen, how are you doing? In the last 1-2 months, I've had significant remission in my symptoms by improving my diet.

Would you be open to trying the following?
- Cut out all sugar (including fruits), carbs (rice, wheat, potatoes, grains, legumes), vinegar (including bottled sauces like tomato sauce, mayonnaise etc), anything made with yeast (bread, cheese, wine, beer), and nightshade vegetables (tomatoes, eggplants, peppers)  and high oxalate food (spinach and rhubarb).

- Cut out all inflammatory food (deep fried snacks) and potential allergens (diary, shellfish, soy. Eat only low histamine low oxalate nuts and seeds like pistachios, walnuts, pecans, macademia nuts, flax seeds, hemp seeds, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds.

- Stick to a diet of meat, fish and vegetables and season with sea salt, pepper, turmeric, ginger, onions, garlic, coconut milk, Italian herbs (basil, thyme, oregano) and other low histamine herbs. Some low sugar fruits are ok, like blueberries and blackberries.

- Are you able to get hold of pumpkin seed protein powder? If so, take two scoops a day. And supplement with Omega 3, Vitamin D and 2-3 spoonsful of extra virgin olive oil. It must be extra virgin and cold pressed, otherwise it is useless.  Also, there are many fake extra virgin olive oil around. Make sure you are getting the real thing. Make sure you are also eating cabbage, broccoli, carrots and other vegetables every day. 

- If you are unable to tolerate supplements, then eat 1 serving of salmon (80 - 100 grams), 1 serving of beef/red meat (200 - 300 grams) and 1 serving a chicken every day. Take olive oil and the vegetables as mentioned above.

- If you are able to tolerate probiotics (yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut), you should eat some every day

- Walk at least 30 mins a day. Don't overdo the exercising in case you get into a wave.

You should see some progress in 2-3 months. Your symptoms might go up and down every day, but the overall direction will trend upwards.

It will also be helpful to order an Organic Acids Test to see what is going wrong with your body. It will also tell you what nutritional deficiencies you need to correct. This is a urine test and it isn't available in traditional  hospitals. It is more likely found in integrative/holistic health clinics and blood/urine/stool test labs. It is something like this:

https://nutripath.com.au/product/organic-acids-urine-spot-test-code-4016/#:~:text=The organic acids test is,nutritional deficiencies in the body.

Good luck!

Jan 29, 2023 - Took my one and only dose of Mirtazapine (15 mg). Developed an immediate adverse reaction with list of withdrawal-like symptoms.

I am doing ok. I continue to heal every week but it’s so slow. This nightmare has been my life now for almost 3 years and I expect another 3 years to go bye before I can have sex again or enjoy life like I used to.

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

@Avicii No, no one has to live this way. A lot of people have healed their erectile issues by healing their gut. You can do the same. Don't give up, my friend.

Go get the Organic Acids test I mentioned or GI Map test.

https://www.rupahealth.com/lab-tests/diagnostic-solutions-gi-map

My diet has done a lot for me and it can help you too.

Jan 29, 2023 - Took my one and only dose of Mirtazapine (15 mg). Developed an immediate adverse reaction with list of withdrawal-like symptoms.

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone, it's been maybe 2 years since I've been here, I'm here to give you some news.  I haven't taken antidepressants since and I thought I was cured because my sexuality had returned to a level we'd say was acceptable.  I was in a relationship and at this level everything was going pretty well.  Unfortunately I fell back into depression, a depression which led me to take Seroplex at the time.  So back to rock bottom for me.  And above all I try to get better but I can't do it so I don't know what to do anymore.  Let me know how you guys have been since then?

@Avicii @Ben190

Hello everyone, I was on seroplex 10mg in October 2019 for over a year and then on brintellix from March to September for maybe 8 months. I made several attempts to stop abruptly then I resumed the treatment of brintellix recently for a few weeks because it was too difficult to stop.

Symptom when stopped: premature ejaculation, ejaculation with less orgasm. Severe insomnia, transient headaches, sensitivity to noise and light.

Last intake of brintellix 5mg: Saturday, September 11, 2021

I don't know which is worse if it's the withdrawal at the time I experienced from which I recovered completely or the depression itself which returned a few months ago.  Especially since I don't have a solution.  In any case I wanted to come back here after two years to give some news anyway

Hello everyone, I was on seroplex 10mg in October 2019 for over a year and then on brintellix from March to September for maybe 8 months. I made several attempts to stop abruptly then I resumed the treatment of brintellix recently for a few weeks because it was too difficult to stop.

Symptom when stopped: premature ejaculation, ejaculation with less orgasm. Severe insomnia, transient headaches, sensitivity to noise and light.

@Parisien did you have sexual dysfunction right now and what are the symptoms? Did you get rid of the shrunken penis, premature ejaculation etc?

My advice is to never take these drugs again!

Unfortunately I have not improved but I will to try to fix it by working on my gut.

Salut non, pas de dysfonctionnement sexuel pour le moment. Cela doit faire 3 ans que je ne prends pas d'antidépresseurs. Réduire le pénis non en aucun cas quand j'ai des relations sexuelles ou quand je suis en couple avec une femme tout va bien à ce niveau là. J'ai besoin d'attraction etc. de connexions avec mon partenaire pour avoir une bonne libido. Par contre, quand je ne dors pas assez et que je mange mal, je remarque que ça va moins bien à ce niveau-là. Éjaculation précoce légèrement mais c'est nettement amélioré même si je compare avec il y a quelques années. Mon conseil à ce niveau c'est de ne pas y penser, bien sûr c'est induit par ce qu'on a pris mais il y a aussi une part psychologique qui joue quand même. Pour moi tout cela n'est plus un problème, c'est plutôt ma dépression qui me pose problème. Et vous êtes-vous amélioré avec le temps ? @Beau

2 hours ago, Parisien said:

Salut non, pas de dysfonctionnement sexuel pour le moment. Cela doit faire 3 ans que je ne prends pas d'antidépresseurs. Réduire le pénis non en aucun cas quand j'ai des relations sexuelles ou quand je suis en couple avec une femme tout va bien à ce niveau là. J'ai besoin d'attraction etc. de connexions avec mon partenaire pour avoir une bonne libido. Par contre, quand je ne dors pas assez et que je mange mal, je remarque que ça va moins bien à ce niveau-là. Éjaculation précoce légèrement mais c'est nettement amélioré même si je compare avec il y a quelques années. Mon conseil à ce niveau c'est de ne pas y penser, bien sûr c'est induit par ce qu'on a pris mais il y a aussi une part psychologique qui joue quand même. Pour moi tout cela n'est plus un problème, c'est plutôt ma dépression qui me pose problème. Et vous êtes-vous amélioré avec le temps ? @Конте

I have not improved... It seems like your PSSD was much less severe than mine. I still have all the terrible symptoms (genital pain, genital shrinkage, erectile dysfunction, total dysfunction in the genital/pelvic area). I don't expect this sh-it to go away without doing anything right now. But please, don't take antidepressants again, they are poisons! If you are depressed, maybe work with a psychotherapist.

@BeauI already thought about taking saffron or rhodiola because I was so depressed, but afterwards I told myself that it also targets serotonin like chemical antidepressants.  Yes thank you I will try to improve with sport and psychotherapy.  Courage for your symptoms

@Parisien I am really happy that you have healed, it gives hope to other people for sure. Stay away from any drugs and just do sport, therapy (if you need), sleep well and eat healthy food.

I've been suffering for 2+ years now man. No improvements at all (still severe PSSD, pelvic floor tension, gut problems, head stiffness). Very hard to believe that all this will just go away on its own. This is why I will look into fixing my gut microbiome (SIBO/Candida can cause all of these symptoms). 

• 2 weeks later...

@Parisien Hello my friend! So sorry to hear that you have taken pills again, you really must stay away from Big Pharma. You are strong, you don’t need pills to heal, you need to avoid pills to be able to heal….

I am continuing to heal. My latest ”symptom” is that I have started to yawn again. For three whole years I didn’t yawn once. I think this is a huge step towards a normal me again. I feel tired, like my body can relax again. I was a robot for three years, it’s crazy…

Still far away from complete healing but everyday is a day closer. This is a journey no one except you guys can fully understand.

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2024 at 4:33 PM, Parisien said:

Hello everyone, it's been maybe 2 years since I've been here, I'm here to give you some news.  I haven't taken antidepressants since and I thought I was cured because my sexuality had returned to a level we'd say was acceptable.  I was in a relationship and at this level everything was going pretty well.  Unfortunately I fell back into depression, a depression which led me to take Seroplex at the time.  So back to rock bottom for me.  And above all I try to get better but I can't do it so I don't know what to do anymore.  Let me know how you guys have been since then?

@Avicii @Ben190

Hey How Are you Doing now? :)

2018 - october: 10 days Fluoxetin 20mg

2018 - october: CT after bad reactions

2019 - june: 3,5 weeks Fluoxetin 20mg

2019 - june: 5 days Fluoxetin 10mg

2019 - july: CT after massive problems