Parisien: premature ejaculation escitalopram 10mg and Brintellix 5mg - sexual dysfunction

Parisien

Many psychotropic drugs are also used in other fields. I had gastrointestinal problems after I was prescribed a treatment. After some research I discovered that it was a psychotropic drug. I only took it. only for 3 days the pain went away you immediately stopped the treatment was for a month or more, I was quite informed by reading this site and taking it for a month would have caused me withdrawal symptoms and that's it I avoided it like the plague and it went well even though I didn't have the treatment for a month, doctors tend to overmedicate everything especially when it comes to prescribing drugs.

I started very young taking psychotropic drugs with various suspensions and withdrawals mistaken for relapses, I don't know if this can affect what happens to me now. I can neither The drug nor the dose.

2013-2014 wellbutrin (I don't remember the dose)

2015-2016 brintellix 30 mg 

2016-2017 sertraline 50 mg I stopped taking it and had a seizure which was mistaken for a flare of the disease replaced with mirtazapine in 2018 30mg at 10.30pm then stopped taking it because I was gaining weight Too september 2019 has november severe withdrawal symptoms anxiety i woke up shaking then found this site reverted to 3mg mirtazapine and within 15 minutes all symptoms vanished.After stabilizing for 4 months I began to reduce by 10% every 4 weeks manageable symptoms end of reduction 28 January 2022 Last dose of mirtazapine January 27 0.1 mg manageable symptoms until July 2023 where a wave caused by Stress made me incapacitated in bed. I take micro doses of lamictal 0.5mg for 4 days 0.7mg for 4 days 1.2 for 4 days 1.7 for 4 days the dose that seems to help is 2.2mg more than this starts to cause problems.Now down to 2mg 

I found these treatments on YT for brain rejuvenation, neuroplasticity, brain recovering etc. I will test them and update, but probably it will take time, it is not a quick-fix process. But I don't see anything other that can help (except time but that time may be too much for some of us and life is for living...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJmoakcw4fM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1-kt7fyl84

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv-e1X4wAEI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y33YeBEKIfk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8N9UR6OTCs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkXhwhXPcIY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loQaj-TSDt4

Venlafaxine 75mg, 150mg, 225mg December 2020 - March 2021

Sertraline 50mg, 100mg March 2021 - April 2021

Escitalopram 10mg, 20 mg April 2021 - May 2021

• 1 month later...
On 9/12/2023 at 11:04 AM, checco said:

Many psychotropic drugs are also used in other fields. I had gastrointestinal problems after I was prescribed a treatment. After some research I discovered that it was a psychotropic drug. I only took it. only for 3 days the pain went away you immediately stopped the treatment was for a month or more, I was quite informed by reading this site and taking it for a month would have caused me withdrawal symptoms and that's it I avoided it like the plague and it went well even though I didn't have the treatment for a month, doctors tend to overmedicate everything especially when it comes to prescribing drugs.

these drugs on their own can cause gastrointestinal disorders, I have serious problems with my bowel functioning (I believe it is because my pelvic floor area is stiff and tight as hell which also causes severe sexual dysfunction/genital numbness/shrinkage and so on). They can also cause a host of other issues that are prescribed for (like pelvic pain, urinary problems etc...) 

I am so angry that doctors don't get any punishment for these horrible injuries that they have caused us... Now it's been almost three years since I had normal looking and functioning genitals and around 2 years of severe withdrawal and dysregulation in my body. Doctors who prescribe these pills without any warning should be penalized....

Any improvements, anyone?!?

I actually saw some kind of transformation this morning. Haven’t felt this good in 3 years, like my brain was relaxed again. I actually made myself a cup of coffee, it’s been 2 years since I had coffee….

Of course no where near to be healed but still improvements!

I continue to see improvements every month although the healing process is extremely slow and painful.

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

2020 Sertraline 50mg (okt 2020 - Jan 2021)

11 hours ago, Avicii said:

I actually saw some kind of transformation this morning. Haven’t felt this good in 3 years, like my brain was relaxed again. I actually made myself a cup of coffee, it’s been 2 years since I had coffee….

Of course no where near to be healed but still improvements!

I continue to see improvements every month although the healing process is extremely slow and painful.

Great that you are feeling little improvements. You can drink coffee by the way, if it feels good to you, it won't stop you from healing. Just avoid alcohol and any other drugs or potent supplements.

I actually don't have some of the symptoms I dealt with in acute withdrawal (nausea, blurry vision, itching, light sensitivity, hard to concentrate) but still complete chaos in my pelvic floor area, this is not getting better, and my penis is still just a complete mess. Sometimes I can't get any erection at all even when I try, sometimes I get but it's extremely bad, much thinner, shorter and even painful. Also my penis looks extremely weird when flaccid, it is just scary to look down... My pelvic floor area feels very stiff and tight, I guess when it can't relax, my penis can't fill with blood. Really hard to see that things can get 100% back to normal, the injury is so severe, but I choose to believe it.

By the way it is not just the brain, these pills have effects on the entire nervous system and the entire body, because there are receptors of neurotransmitters everywhere, and probably along with serotonin, norepinephrine, epinephrine, acetylcholine, dopamine are also involved which makes it even more complex in terms of recovery.

I have not looked at my penis in 2 years, don’t want to see the mess…..

BUT 3 days ago I almost had a normal erection, almost back to normal. 

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

1 hour ago, Avicii said:

I have not looked at my penis in 2 years, don’t want to see the mess…..

BUT 3 days ago I almost had a normal erection, almost back to normal. 

That's good, I hope you heal in the near future. What's interesting is Ben was almost healed at 2.5 years, he said there was no shrinkage, his penis was back to normal and was able to have sex.. I still can't see that I'm even close to that in terms of healing, but he took the pills only for a few weeks...

@Ben190 are you here? I really want to know how you felt around 2 years into this ****. It seems like you healed a lot around that time?! Did you have full genital numbness/anaesthesia at your worst point? Because I still haven't made any improvements at all when it comes to the sexual dysfunction... My system is just in complete chaos and this makes a mess everything in my genital area. I am a young person and seeing some horror stories of people suffering 10-15 years (who crashed after stopping the pills) just makes me extremely scared because I can't imagine that I will still be living with this condition for many years to come... Especially as a man when libido and sexuality is everything in life. I wish I could make Big Pharma and doctors pay for it but that wouldn't give me back my normal sexual functioning and normal genitals.... It is a crime that these drugs are given to young people without any warning 

@Fairsome Yesterday I had my best day in almost 3 years. I got a spontanous erection while resting in my couch. My penis almost felt completely normal for about 15 minutes. Today is a really bad day again but hopefully I will continue to heal. It feels like my windows and waves changes all the time and several times a week. 

Do you see improvements?

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

46 minutes ago, Avicii said:

@Fairsome Yesterday I had my best day in almost 3 years. I got a spontanous erection while resting in my couch. My penis almost felt completely normal for about 15 minutes. Today is a really bad day again but hopefully I will continue to heal. It feels like my windows and waves changes all the time and several times a week. 

Do you see improvements?

Unfortunately no, my penis is a complete mess all the time and I can't get a normal erection even with force (it is like the blood flow down there is completely stopped). When I am erected it's maybe half of the size as before and it's also very thin and completely numb, just awful to see. It obviosly has to do with a completely dysregulated nervous system... By the way, I sometimes can get some kind of 'erection' with sexual thoughts, but the problem is that the nervous system just says "no" and stops my penis from filling properly with blood.

Do you think you are able to have sex right now, with enough stimulation? If you are, that's a very good sign.

I have the exact same thing @Fairsome half the size when erected and thin but I saw a difference yesterday. I was resting in my coach when I got a spontanous erection and my penis felt like full size again or atleast 90%. Its been 40% for 2,5 years now. It only lasted for 15 minutes or shorter but it gives me and you hope!

no I can’t have sex….

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

11 minutes ago, Avicii said:

I have the exact same thing @Fairsome half the size when erected and thin but I saw a difference yesterday. I was resting in my coach when I got a spontanous erection and my penis felt like full size again or atleast 90%. Its been 40% for 2,5 years now. It only lasted for 15 minutes or shorter but it gives me and you hope!

no I can’t have sex….

Yeah, the nervous system fixes itself 'in pieces' so it's a gradual process. What concerns me is that if removing these toxins from our bodies suddenly, has created some permanent injury/alterations in the nervous system that could have been avoided if it was done gradually. Do you think if you have stopped the antidepressants over 1-2 years instead of CT, you wouldn't have these problems right now?

Yes my CT is my biggest mistake in life so far. My nervous system was fragile before using Sertraline and taking the pills and then quit CT was to much to handle. It’s a looong journey back to something that can be called normality. I have short moments now when I feel peace and harmony, it can last for 2-3 minutes but it feels so good. I didn’t have a second of peace my first 2 years. It’s slowly healing and I don’t think we have got a permanent injury but I am not sure we can be 100% healed either. This is a very serious injury I am afraid….

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

1 minute ago, Avicii said:

Yes my CT is my biggest mistake in life so far. My nervous system was fragile before using Sertraline and taking the pills and then quit CT was to much to handle. It’s a looong journey back to something that can be called normality. I have short moments now when I feel peace and harmony, it can last for 2-3 minutes but it feels so good. I didn’t have a second of peace my first 2 years. It’s slowly healing and I don’t thing we have got a permanent injury but I am not sure we can be 100% healed either. This is a very serious injury I am afraid….

Courage my friend, you were not informed about the potential risks of these drugs and WD, so it is not your fault. I try to not lose hope, the majority of people recover but honestly I have not seen a story with such severe symptoms as mine who healed 100%. Ben had something similar but if he was almost healed by 2-2.5 year, it can't be that severe injury as here... It seems like PSSD is one of the hardest and most protracted withdrawal symptoms to heal from because the other WD sufferers are mostly healed after a few years...

5 hours ago, Avicii said:

Well it took @CharlieBrown almost 7 years to heal….there is still hope.

did he tell you if you had the same issues? (shrunken penis, half of the size when erected etc)

I don’t know @Fairsome….

I am having a sh*tty day, completely numb and my brain feels ”empty”.

Can’t believe that other people get to live normal lives while we suffer from this nightmare day after day.

Getting suicadal again, I just can’t live like this much longer. I am afraid that I one day will follow through because I won’t go on like this for another 30-40 years.

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

18 minutes ago, Avicii said:

I don’t know @Fairsome….

I am having a sh*tty day, completely numb and my brain feels ”empty”.

Can’t believe that other people get to live normal lives while we suffer from this nightmare day after day.

Getting suicadal again, I just can’t live like this much longer. I am afraid that I one day will follow through because I won’t go on like this for another 30-40 years.

I understand you, it's a crime and the pharma companies should be punished... A compensation of 100 000 dollars should be fair but it won't give us back what was taken away... The hardest thing is that we have absolutely no support, no understanding from doctors and I don't have any support from family or relatives (I can't share what I am going through with anyone...) 

I am also having suicidal thoughts because of this condition, I can't stand living with killed genitals and ruined nervous system... Still can't believe I was so stupid to trust the medicaI system that these pills are very safe and there is no risk of long-term injuries. I just hope that soon this will be just a bad memory, because I also can't imagine living with this **** for many years...

Hey guys,

just checking in as I got a lot of mails that you tried to reach out to me.

yes I had the same issues as you and I still some kind of have as libido is sometimes more and then less. But I think every third day or so I get erections from thinking of sexual stuff so it is obvious that I am still healing but a lot of things got better after my first 2years. I am still not sure if CT is worse than going off slowly as I also got PSSD 2 times and the first time I just took the pill for 10 days…

Second time taking it was big mistake but even after that my system is healing.  You will get better guys, it needs time. I am now thinking that in bad cases like ours 3-5 years healing time is normal.

hope you feel better soon :) and that your suicidal thoughts will lift when you find more days where things are kinda better. Even if just small signs of better :)

Best,

Ben

2018 - october: 10 days Fluoxetin 20mg

2018 - october: CT after bad reactions

2019 - june: 3,5 weeks Fluoxetin 20mg

2019 - june: 5 days Fluoxetin 10mg

2019 - july: CT after massive problems

20 minutes ago, Ben190 said:

Hey guys,

just checking in as I got a lot of mails that you tried to reach out to me.

yes I had the same issues as you and I still some kind of have as libido is sometimes more and then less. But I think every third day or so I get erections from thinking of sexual stuff so it is obvious that I am still healing but a lot of things got better after my first 2years. I am still not sure if CT is worse than going off slowly as I also got PSSD 2 times and the first time I just took the pill for 10 days…

Second time taking it was big mistake but even after that my system is healing.  You will get better guys, it needs time. I am now thinking that in bad cases like ours 3-5 years healing time is normal.

hope you feel better soon :) and that your suicidal thoughts will lift when you find more days where things are kinda better. Even if just small signs of better :)

Best,

Ben

Hey, @Ben190, thanks for checking out and sorry if it was too much spam, I was just feeling terrible about all of this because I also have other stuff in life to fix and having this WD thing on top of it is just too much... Great that you have healed a lot but it also sucks you are still not 100% healed 4+ years off. Obviously everyone has a different experience and healing path, so we can't compare to each other. I am just so sad that as a young person I have to experience this, it's really hard to live with 0.000 sexual function, ruined penis and completely broken nervous system. I hope that I will have good news to share sooner or later because I am still trying to heal.

It’s great @Ben190that you can be so positive about the whole situation. I am sorry that I can’t. This is ruining my entire life.

- I am losing my kids childhood. I will remember their childhood as a complete nightmare. 
- I have lost all my friends. When you have no interest in doing anything, eventually you loose everything.

- i have lost the possibility to find someone new after my divorce 5 years ago. Relationships are now impossible and pointless. 
- I am losing my relationship with my family. I don’t love them anymore.

- I have lost the possibility to workout and do the sports I used to do. Sports used to be my life.

- I have lost the ability to have sex, the greatest gift a man has.

I have lost the ability to feel joy and peace.

I am a dead man walking and even if I somehow heal in 3-4 years it will be extremely hard to build a new life again from scratch. Just chocking that this has happened to me and to other people in this forum.

@Fairsomeyou discussed a 100K compensation but I don’t think you can put a prize on this. There are no money in the world that can make up for a ruined life.

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

56 minutes ago, Avicii said:

It’s great @Ben190that you can be so positive about the whole situation. I am sorry that I can’t. This is ruining my entire life.

- I am losing my kids childhood. I will remember their childhood as a complete nightmare. 
- I have lost all my friends. When you have no interest in doing anything, eventually you loose everything.

- i have lost the possibility to find someone new after my divorce 5 years ago. Relationships are now impossible and pointless. 

- I have lost the possibility to workout and do the sports I used to do. Sports used to be my life.

I am a dead man walking and even if I somehow heal in 3-4 years it will be extremely hard to build a new life again from scratch. Just chocking that this has happened to me and to other people in this forum.

@Fairsomeyou discussed a 100K compensation but I don’t think you can put a prize on this. There are no money in the world that can make up for a ruined life.

You are completely right, there is not a prize to a ruined body and a ruined life by SSRI... I was so sad to read through your post. It should be extremely hard for you to take care of your kids with this condition, at least I don't have to do that. But if this doesn't resolve for me, I may never have a family or even romantic relationships... How to live with these thoughts?! I am in constant fear of my future because of this condition and what I am going to do with my life if I am not healed in time.

@Avicii you said you were able to workout, go to the gym etc. What happened? My advice to you is somehow to push through, even though you have no interest in other people, and don't give up on your social life, social connections, family etc. Maybe this can give you some support, when you can't have sex or have a partner with this condition... Because the worst thing is to isolate yourself.

My life was already very tough before all of this had happened (and this got me into taking these pills) but it surely became a complete nightmare after the PSSD/WD situation. Being a man your penis is your golden and sacred piece and having that destroyed is a crime. And having constant spasms, pain, nervous system dysregulations and so on, that is just too much...

On 11/26/2023 at 2:01 PM, Fairsome said:

Hey, @Ben190, thanks for checking out and sorry if it was too much spam, I was just feeling terrible about all of this because I also have other stuff in life to fix and having this WD thing on top of it is just too much... Great that you have healed a lot but it also sucks you are still not 100% healed 4+ years off. Obviously everyone has a different experience and healing path, so we can't compare to each other. I am just so sad that as a young person I have to experience this, it's really hard to live with 0.000 sexual function, ruined penis and completely broken nervous system. I hope that I will have good news to share sooner or later because I am still trying to heal.

I know it's hard Fairsome, but keep going. I mean you have a good chance to heal... there are so many people in this world who have bad luck. We all don't know why we are the ones but can I ask you something. Do you have strong emotions? Like I mean do you already laugh like crazy, feel extreme sadness, anger, etc.=? 

22 hours ago, Avicii said:

Hey Avicii,

I am pretty sure I can understand everything you are going through as I had 100% the same issues. But things improved and now I feel like my old self. There are days where things don't work 100% but there are others where things are close to normal.

So don't give up, try to fight this shi* - What I am pretty sure now is that after this nightmare nothing will take you down again. I mean nowadays I am really wondering sometimes what small problems put normal people out of there shoes.

7 minutes ago, Ben190 said:

I know it's hard Fairsome, but keep going. I mean you have a good chance to heal... there are so many people in this world who have bad luck. We all don't know why we are the ones but can I ask you something. Do you have strong emotions? Like I mean do you already laugh like crazy, feel extreme sadness, anger, etc.=? 

Yes, I have strong emotions, this has not been affected. I don't have any emotional/mental withdrawal symptoms. It is all about this absolute chaos going on in my body and nervous system.

22 hours ago, Fairsome said:

You are completely right, there is not a prize to a ruined body and a ruined life by SSRI... I was so sad to read through your post. It should be extremely hard for you to take care of your kids with this condition, at least I don't have to do that. But if this doesn't resolve for me, I may never have a family or even romantic relationships... How to live with these thoughts?! I am in constant fear of my future because of this condition and what I am going to do with my life if I am not healed in time.

@Avicii you said you were able to workout, go to the gym etc. What happened? My advice to you is somehow to push through, even though you have no interest in other people, and don't give up on your social life, social connections, family etc. Maybe this can give you some support, when you can't have sex or have a partner with this condition... Because the worst thing is to isolate yourself.

My life was already very tough before all of this had happened (and this got me into taking these pills) but it surely became a complete nightmare after the PSSD/WD situation. Being a man your penis is your golden and sacred piece and having that destroyed is a crime. And having constant spasms, pain, nervous system dysregulations and so on, that is just too much...

I can understand you... I felt the same. For me it really took 2,5-3 years to feel better. It was such a hard path... I saw pictures last week from my best friend. I told him that I am sometimes still wondering when I will reach the 100%. He showed me pics I sent to him when I was in complete hell... I was shocked. How down I was, how tired, I wasn't able to work, do sports, anything. But he showed me all the improvements I achieved... so things change to the better :)

And when they change for you, your suicidal thoughts will get less... but until that point it can be some more months or maybe a year where you will have to push yourself to the next day. One crazy thing is that when things start to get better you forget about the worst days. I can just remember everything from my diaries I did offline and here.

Keep fighting,

Best,

Ben

Just now, Fairsome said:

Yes, I have strong emotions, this has not been affected. I don't have any emotional/mental withdrawal symptoms. It is all about this absolute chaos in my body and nervous system.

Do you feel tired sometimes? Are you able to do sports? do you thing that your cognitive capacity is 100% the same? For me it was hard as I was tired, no power in muscles and sometimes it was even hard to walk.

1 minute ago, Ben190 said:

Do you feel tired sometimes? Are you able to do sports? do you thing that your cognitive capacity is 100% the same? For me it was hard as I was tired, no power in muscles and sometimes it was even hard to walk.

I can do sports, yes, fortunately I didn't have these issues you described. Everyone feels tired sometimes lol but it hasn't been an issue. About the cognitive capacity, yes, it's alright. 

My problem is a nervous system that is completely dysregulated - this causes severe sexual dysfunctions, extreme problems with my bowel, extreme pelvic floor tightness/spasms and tension in the head. These are the symptoms that concern me. It's like my system can't relax and this affects everything. Also the whole area around my genitals and lower abs feels very stiff...

Also guys check out what I posted in the PSSD topic. It is really interesting. It seems like these problems might have something to do with inflammation / autoimmune response because the nervous and immune systems are closely connected. Many people with Long Covid share the exact same symptoms we are also dealing with. Our bodies are just so complex. It is really mind blowing how these completely foreign to our bodies chemicals are so easily prescribed.

@Ben190I have no emotions at all. That’s the hardest thing to live through. Not having any emotions for you kids or parents…not being able to feel love or to cry. Not even able to be really angry about what has happened to me. This goes far beyond not being able to have sex…

@Fairsomeyes I can workout but it’s just that working 100%, taking care of my kids and being a soccer coach takes all my energy. I have decided to focus on these three things because if I try to do everything I used to do, I crash. That doesn’t mean that I don’t workout at all it’s just that when a wave hits me I have to rest.

A positive thing is that I can yawn again. Haven’t been able to yawn for 3 years. Probably this is a sign of my body relaxing a little bit again. There are some positive signs, but everything is so slow….

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

3 hours ago, Avicii said:

@Ben190I have no emotions at all. That’s the hardest thing to live through. Not having any emotions for you kids or parents…not being able to feel love or to cry. Not even able to be really angry about what has happened to me. This goes far beyond not being able to have sex…

@Fairsomeyes I can workout but it’s just that working 100%, taking care of my kids and being a soccer coach takes all my energy. I have decided to focus on these three things because if I try to do everything I used to do, I crash. That doesn’t mean that I don’t workout at all it’s just that when a wave hits me I have to rest.

A positive thing is that I can yawn again. Haven’t been able to yawn for 3 years. Probably this is a sign of my body relaxing a little bit again. There are some positive signs, but everything is so slow….

Impossible to explain what trauma we are going through to other people... Even if I somehow wake up tomorrow fully recovered, I still won't forget the last 2+ years and what happened.... Do you have any support from your parents, do they understand this? Or from other people?

• Mentor

@Fairsome

On 11/24/2023 at 6:54 AM, Fairsome said:

did he tell you if you had the same issues? (shrunken penis, half of the size when erected etc)

No, no one asked me! I spent 2 years without erections. That's why I stopped trying or thinking about it. It was for the best. Time passed. "Shrunken"?  Yes, it probably was. Once the ability came back, it wasn't an instant return to previous or current performance.

It took years to heal.

In fact, I don't think I felt any / many emotions for about 2 years.

@Avicii Don't give up! This season, if you are getting together with family, that will be hard.

I would let people know you are unwell, and excuse yourself when you can, if you need to.

If we're talking about sharing gifts. It might be very dull, I know it's hard to pretend to be happy."Yay! Look at that! So cool!" When inside you feel nothing.

I think with time your emotional blunting will reduce or stop. You will probably be angry first, I was.

It sounds like you are on top of the routine you can handle. It's a bummer, but things take time. A really long time for me. I hope you have someone who you can talk to. There's nothing like a face-to-face conversation. Or a good hug! Take care, Bye-bye!

101 posts. Sorry I don't like the forum. But you mentioned me, behind by back! ;)

That's turned off now, only private messages will send me an email. (I think)

Edited by CharlieBrown
Gifts, Emotional blunting

I Am Not A Medical Professional! 👨‍⚕️

Prescribed Various SSRI's/SNRI, Benzos and One Anti-Psychotic at 16, in 2009.

Fluoxetine 10mg - 1 Month. Switch to Venlafaxine 75-150mg for 3-5 months. Switch to Sertraline 50-100mg for 6-9 months. Risperidone added. (Suicide attempt, Akathisia) Cold turkey. Eventual taper of Sertraline.

Clonazepam 0.5mg 1X daily for 1 month, as I switched from Venlafaxine to Sertraline. About 3 months of Sertraline with no improvement, Risperidone was added @ 0.25mg-0.5mg for one week. Then raised to 0.75 and 1mg after another week. With 100mg Sertraline daily. Then raised to 1.5Mg after a check-up.

Sudden stop of Risperidone. After suicide attempt.

A self-taper, because I didn't trust doctors. Removing Sertraline XR beads from 100mg capsules, over 5-9 months. Which I would consider too hasty, in retrospect. I am recovered from all medication side effects!

My success story: 

I have taken many prescriptions/drugs, with/without a script. Most any prescription/illicit/grey market drug type. Searching for relief from/as, anxiety/Sleep-aids. All drugs are long ago. By God's will, I will stop smoking.

He's saved me more than once.

Now it's been exactly three years since I had a normal penis, erections, genital sensation and so on... And around two years of extremely severe problems in my body (PSSD, pelvic floor dysfunction, gut problems, stiffness/tightness in my head). Can't believe that 5 months on SSRIs gave me these terrible issues for years... I don't know if you can even call this withdrawal because withdrawal is not something that lasts for decades upon no end. I have seen some horror stories of people not recovering after 10+ years and this gave me panic.  Maybe it is something purely neurological, maybe it is some kind of autoimmune neurological disorder, only God knows. I have read from Long Covid sufferers that they have the exact same issues and some even have brain zaps which are typical for SSRI withdrawal. And Long Covid is thought to be an autoimmune issue. 

9 hours ago, Fairsome said:

Now it's been exactly three years since I had a normal penis, erections, genital sensation and so on... And around two years of extremely severe problems in my body (PSSD, pelvic floor dysfunction, gut problems, stiffness/tightness in my head). Can't believe that 5 months on SSRIs gave me these terrible issues for years... I don't know if you can even call this withdrawal because withdrawal is not something that lasts for decades upon no end. I have seen some horror stories of people not recovering after 10+ years and this gave me panic.  Maybe it is something purely neurological, maybe it is some kind of autoimmune neurological disorder, only God knows. I have read from Long Covid sufferers that they have the exact same issues and some even have brain zaps which are typical for SSRI withdrawal. And Long Covid is thought to be an autoimmune issue. 

I think the most important thing in healing is that you start to regulate what you read. You are too deep into panic mode and you don't even know the people's stories you read. The best think to do is to sleep enough, eat healthy and do sports if possible. If healing is not possible for most then I really wonder where the success stories and my body "healing" came from. I had so many issues and a lot went away... although I was in complete hell at the beginning...

1 hour ago, Ben190 said:

I think the most important thing in healing is that you start to regulate what you read. You are too deep into panic mode and you don't even know the people's stories you read. The best think to do is to sleep enough, eat healthy and do sports if possible. If healing is not possible for most then I really wonder where the success stories and my body "healing" came from. I had so many issues and a lot went away... although I was in complete hell at the beginning...

Yes, many recover, but not everyone... So nobody can say if I will recover for sure, I will do what I can, but it is also true some people don't recover even after 5-10 years and they haven't abused any other drugs or substances. My opinion is that there might be some kind of autoimmune reaction in the body that causes autonomic dysregulation, just like with Long Covid, and some recover on their own but some don't and need some kind of treatment to heal. I have seen people with Long Covid on reddit have these symptoms (numb and shrunken genitals, sexual dysfunction etc) which makes me believe that I might have some kind of autoantibodies in my body that causes these issues. But of course this is just a theory, personally I don't know what to think anymore... I highly doubt this is just related to the serotonergic system, maybe there is also some kind of problem in the gut microbiata because I have extreme issues with my gut.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1566070222001308

20 minutes ago, Fairsome said:

Tak, wielu wraca do zdrowia, ale nie wszyscy... Nikt więc nie może powiedzieć, czy na pewno wyzdrowieję. Zrobię, co w mojej mocy, ale prawdą jest też, że niektórzy ludzie nie wracają do zdrowia nawet po 5-10 latach i tak się dzieje. nie nadużywał żadnych innych narkotyków lub substancji. Moim zdaniem w organizmie może wystąpić jakiś rodzaj reakcji autoimmunologicznej, która powoduje rozregulowanie układu autonomicznego, tak jak w przypadku Long Covid, i niektórzy wracają do zdrowia samodzielnie, ale niektórzy nie i potrzebują jakiegoś leczenia, aby wyzdrowieć. Widziałem na Reddicie osoby chore na Long Covid, które miały takie objawy (drętwienie i skurczenie genitaliów, zaburzenia seksualne itp.), co pozwala mi wierzyć, że mogę mieć w organizmie jakiś rodzaj autoprzeciwciał, który powoduje te problemy. Ale to oczywiście tylko teoria, osobiście nie wiem już co myśleć... Bardzo wątpię, żeby to było związane tylko z układem serotoninergicznym, może jest też jakiś problem z mikrobiomą jelitową, bo mam ekstremalnie problemy z moimi jelitami.

Sorry I have a question did the "doctors" label your current intestinal problems as IBS i.e. sensitive bowel?

I have intestinal problems and it scares me that they say it is not for the drug?

2022 escitalopram from July 25 2.5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg August-December- 7.5 mg, 5 mg, (1 month) 2.5 mg - C/T 
WD
2023 Short reinstatement from WD date: 

escitalopram May 25-June 12 5 mg, 2.5 mg plus interrupted

Reinstatement 24 07.23 0.5mg escitalopram, 18.08.23 0.22 escitalopram, 07.09. 0.28
Now 0.30 mg escitalopram 

Last year 6 months on escitalopram, I was very agitated, hypomaniacal and with little need for sleep. 
Since July 2023 reinstated and reduced from 0.50 mg to 0.30 mg Lexapro - difficulty sleeping and lack of sleep, eye pain and IBS. Anhedonia. 

November 2023 - 0mg