Parisien: premature ejaculation escitalopram 10mg and Brintellix 5mg - sexual dysfunction

Parisien

Also, open the wikipedia of Antidepressants. New edits say that they cause more harm than good generally and can lead to very bad damage for some people like us. Also, there is a page for PSSD. This is what people need to hear, before deciding to take any of these drugs, as we know almost all doctors are uneducated.

Venlafaxine 75mg, 150mg, 225mg December 2020 - March 2021

Sertraline 50mg, 100mg March 2021 - April 2021

Escitalopram 10mg, 20 mg April 2021 - May 2021

23 hours ago, Fairsome said:

Also, open the wikipedia of Antidepressants. New edits say that they cause more harm than good generally and can lead to very bad damage for some people like us. Also, there is a page for PSSD. This is what people need to hear, before deciding to take any of these drugs, as we know almost all doctors are uneducated.

Yes, they are unpredictable poisons. It's a scandal that these dangers are kept hidden from patients. Unfortunately we're the ones that need to live with the consequences while the doctors get to continue with their lives carefree.

Escitalopram - January-April 2020

Sertraline - May-December 2020

16 minutes ago, BerCal said:

Yes, they are unpredictable poisons. It's a scandal that these dangers are kept hidden from patients. Unfortunately we're the ones that need to live with the consequences while the doctors get to continue with their lives carefree.

I have seen a lot of people who don't have such big problems with these drugs, they have some withdrawal symptoms but after like 2 months are fine, and don't have persisting side effects such as sexual dysfunction. But these drugs act differently on everyone - it is very badly studied what percent of people can have serious, long-term issues due to their use... A clear research needs to be made and most importantly - patients should be informed that these drugs are not safe for everyone. Not to mention for most people, they don't have any positive effects. Their mechanism of action is close to some street illegal drugs, yet they are being prescribed as candy... But Big Pharma only cares about the money.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! I think that I am having a new sign of healing 26 months in this hell. Yesterday I got this tingling feeling in my genital area and it is continuing today. I haven’t felt this in 26 months and I had almost forgot how it felt to not have a numb penis. Some kind of arousal is coming back now. Still severe PSSD of course and my penis is still shrunk and I still have anhedonia and dp/dr but still, this is a sign of my body trying to heal.

More good news is that I managed to play tennis for 1,5 hours without my brain collapsing. A year ago this would be impossible. A third good news is that I am planning trips for the future. I wan’t to drive south towards the french riviera together with my kids next summer and I also want to go on a hiking trip to Scotland. 1-2 years ago I saw no future at all, couldn’t even make plans for the next ten minutes. 

If my body and brain continued to heal then maybe, just maybe, my sexuality can be 100% again. That would be the biggest miracle of all.

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

2020 Sertraline 50mg (okt 2020 - Jan 2021)

10 hours ago, Avicii said:

Hey guys! I think that I am having a new sign of healing 26 months in this hell. Yesterday I got this tingling feeling in my genital area and it is continuing today. I haven’t felt this in 26 months and I had almost forgot how it felt to not have a numb penis. Some kind of arousal is coming back now. Still severe PSSD of course and my penis is still shrunk and I still have anhedonia and dp/dr but still, this is a sign of my body trying to heal.

More good news is that I managed to play tennis for 1,5 hours without my brain collapsing. A year ago this would be impossible. A third good news is that I am planning trips for the future. I wan’t to drive south towards the french riviera together with my kids next summer and I also want to go on a hiking trip to Scotland. 1-2 years ago I saw no future at all, couldn’t even make plans for the next ten minutes. 

If my body and brain continued to heal then maybe, just maybe, my sexuality can be 100% again. That would be the biggest miracle of all.

That's awesome. I hope it continues to get better for you. I actually played tennis recently too, at least my ball sense is still working as it should lol.

• Mentor
On 5/27/2023 at 11:52 AM, Fairsome said:

Yes I have read his story, it is good that he is recovered. But did he get the PSSD after the 'treatment' or on the pills and then he slowly recovered?

It started while taking the roulette of SSRI's... It continued after stopping. 2 years of seemingly no recovery. I'm totally recovered now. I have NO sexual dysfunction or psychological problems from the medications anymore.

Just to be double clear. Because I see my name mentioned a few times here. Sometimes the information is slightly inaccurate. I popped in to clarify. Just in case.

Edited by CharlieBrown
Clarity, Clarity Clarity.

I Am Not A Medical Professional! 👨‍⚕️

Prescribed Various SSRI's/SNRI, Benzos and One Anti-Psychotic at 16, in 2009.

Fluoxetine 10mg - 1 Month. Switch to Venlafaxine 75-150mg for 3-5 months. Switch to Sertraline 50-100mg for 6-9 months. Risperidone added. (Suicide attempt, Akathisia) Cold turkey. Eventual taper of Sertraline.

Clonazepam 0.5mg 1X daily for 1 month, as I switched from Venlafaxine to Sertraline. About 3 months of Sertraline with no improvement, Risperidone was added @ 0.25mg-0.5mg for one week. Then raised to 0.75 and 1mg after another week. With 100mg Sertraline daily. Then raised to 1.5Mg after a check-up.

Sudden stop of Risperidone. After suicide attempt.

A self-taper, because I didn't trust doctors. Removing Sertraline XR beads from 100mg capsules, over 5-9 months. Which I would consider too hasty, in retrospect. I am recovered from all medication side effects!

My success story: 

I have taken many prescriptions/drugs, with/without a script. Most any prescription/illicit/grey market drug type. Searching for relief from/as, anxiety/Sleep-aids. All drugs are long ago. By God's will, I will stop smoking.

He's saved me more than once.

• Mentor
On 7/11/2023 at 2:26 PM, Avicii said:

I would say that we are all strong just staying alive. To be honest I have suicidal thoughts every single day…and I used to love life.

I still have those thoughts periodically. Almost every day.

Some days, I think "I'm so happy to be alive." That's rare, but great when it happens.

Usually it's "I wish I was dead." But as time passed the suicidal/life ending thought's faded/become less frequent. I am neither; sad nor depressed about things that were out of my control. Feeling there will be no change to my emotional state. (The changes happened. I can't deny that)

[SUPER BOLD.]

Edited by CharlieBrown
Grammar/ Proper Sentence Structure

Fluoxetine 10mg - 1 Month. Switch to Venlafaxine 75-150mg for 3-5 months. Switch to Sertraline 50-100mg for 6-9 months. Risperidone added. (Suicide attempt, Akathisia) Cold turkey. Eventual taper of Sertraline.

Clonazepam 0.5mg 1X daily for 1 month, as I switched from Venlafaxine to Sertraline. About 3 months of Sertraline with no improvement, Risperidone was added @ 0.25mg-0.5mg for one week. Then raised to 0.75 and 1mg after another week. With 100mg Sertraline daily. Then raised to 1.5Mg after a check-up.

A self-taper, because I didn't trust doctors. Removing Sertraline XR beads from 100mg capsules, over 5-9 months. Which I would consider too hasty, in retrospect. I am recovered from all medication side effects!

My success story: 

I have taken many prescriptions/drugs, with/without a script. Most any prescription/illicit/grey market drug type. Searching for relief from/as, anxiety/Sleep-aids. All drugs are long ago. By God's will, I will stop smoking.

20 minutes ago, CharlieBrown said:

I still have those thoughts periodically. Almost every day.

Some days, I think "I'm so happy to be alive." That's rare, but great when it happens.

Usually it's "I wish I was dead." But as time passed the suicidal/life ending thought's faded/become less frequent. I am neither; sad nor depressed about things that were out of my control. Feeling there will be no change to my emotional state. (The changes happened. I can't deny that)

[SUPER BOLD.]

So you are 100% back when it comes to sexuality but your not back to who you used to be?

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

• Mentor
1 hour ago, Avicii said:

So you are 100% back when it comes to sexuality but your not back to who you used to be?

I was 15-16 when drugs messed-up my sexual ability. I have no idea, other than what other's tell me, is normal for my age.

I know I am 100% recovered, I just can't say the more explicit things here.

I'm 100%!!!!!!!1!!2!

Canadian sorry, to be crude. Last Christmas morning, I had an erection, I had to tuck under my leg/thigh until it subsided. I'm 31-32... Still having erections with no discernable point of reason other than general happiness. (Grandma (A great to some) was there. I was around family, opening "socks and underwear") Not the most appropriate or expected time for quite the event. (It sucked, almost ruined Christmas morning, because it wouldn't go away. I rarely see Grandmother.)

Not to mention all the other serious "life-threatening" trauma I have run the loop in. In over 20 years with most garbage you can imagine.

Something happened to my brother last week. On his motorcycle... Monumentally lucky or saved by God. He would be dead without motorcycle armor. His back is broken, there was no gurney. We found out his back was broken the next day. When the Pro-radiologist looked at his x-ray. "This man's back is broken! Get him here ASAP"

He's not paralyzed!

I'm 100% ... I'm only here because it was so scary being alone. Now that I am better, I want to tell people there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Life!

Edited by CharlieBrown
More Trauma

My success story: 

• Mentor

Admit it, that is hilarious. (I think it's really funny)

Even if it's uncomfortable for me. That was healthy/rebound action that would not have happened, if I stayed on most medications for "depression."

Plus, my brother, What?!?!?!  All you can do is laugh. It's not worth becoming angry or upset over.

Edited by CharlieBrown
Broooooo

My success story: 

• 2 weeks later...

https://neurosciencenews.com/antidepressant-withdrawal-22873/?fbclid=IwAR2zrQFhMowctCaAAIpZqLarR0_5ruN-nH5A_u2kKgDsovwERlRlZkn5tAk

More and more truth is being said about these poisons. I hope that the myth about their use, which has nothing to do with real mental health, gets more exposed in mainstream science and society.

19 hours ago, Fairsome said:

https://neurosciencenews.com/antidepressant-withdrawal-22873/?fbclid=IwAR2zrQFhMowctCaAAIpZqLarR0_5ruN-nH5A_u2kKgDsovwERlRlZkn5tAk

More and more truth is being said about these poisons. I hope that the myth about their use, which has nothing to do with real mental health, gets more exposed in mainstream science and society.

Yeah, they can't ignore it forever. The forums of harmed people keep getting more and more members.

New success story (I have just read it). The person also mentions having sexual dysfunction. Recovered after 6 years.

"I also had the extreme long term sexual dysfunction that is finally recognized with SSRIs. It was like having a slab of rubber hanging from my torse. Severely numbed sensitivity and responsiveness for years. I had a lesser degree of this even while on the medication."

• 4 weeks later...

Hey @Fairsome @Avicii @BerCal @Parisienhow are you doing?

I am struggling a lot to hold on.

Every day without my personality, emotions and sexuality is just surviving and torture.

After 1,5 years of severe PSSD I feel this is pretty permanent for me...

Looking for some hope.

Januar 2020- one week mirtazapine

June 2020- 3 pills of Fluoxetine

April 2021- July 2021 Zoloft (50mg) - I developed a mild form of pssd
Oktober 2021-February 2022 St. Johns Wort (900mg) - Sexual Dysfunction got gradually worse
April 2022 - 2 weeks Wellbutrin (150mg)

April 2022- July 2022 From time to time Promethazin and Tavor
Now I have full blown pssd (emotional anaesthesia and severe pssd)

28 minutes ago, Mango123 said:

Hey @Fairsome @Avicii @BerCal @Parisienhow are you doing?

I am struggling a lot to hold on.

Every day without my personality, emotions and sexuality is just surviving and torture.

After 1,5 years of severe PSSD I feel this is pretty permanent for me...

Looking for some hope.

1.5 years is far from permanent, some people have needed years to start recovering... 

How does being powerless affect a man's way of being and living? In social life, in work, in self-esteem. 

I started very young taking psychotropic drugs with various suspensions and withdrawals mistaken for relapses, I don't know if this can affect what happens to me now. I can neither The drug nor the dose.

2013-2014 wellbutrin (I don't remember the dose)

2015-2016 brintellix 30 mg 

2016-2017 sertraline 50 mg I stopped taking it and had a seizure which was mistaken for a flare of the disease replaced with mirtazapine in 2018 30mg at 10.30pm then stopped taking it because I was gaining weight Too september 2019 has november severe withdrawal symptoms anxiety i woke up shaking then found this site reverted to 3mg mirtazapine and within 15 minutes all symptoms vanished.After stabilizing for 4 months I began to reduce by 10% every 4 weeks manageable symptoms end of reduction 28 January 2022 Last dose of mirtazapine January 27 0.1 mg manageable symptoms until July 2023 where a wave caused by Stress made me incapacitated in bed. I take micro doses of lamictal 0.5mg for 4 days 0.7mg for 4 days 1.2 for 4 days 1.7 for 4 days the dose that seems to help is 2.2mg more than this starts to cause problems.Now down to 2mg 

1 hour ago, Fairsome said:

1.5 years is far from permanent, some people have needed years to start recovering... 

Do you know more than 2-3 proper recovery stories? 

For me it's so hard to believe that I could get my sensitive and sexual self back. It's like black and white.

Did you improve with time?

Oktober 2021-February 2022 St. Johns Wort (900mg) - Sexual Dysfunction got gradually worse

7 minutes ago, Mango123 said:

Do you know more than 2-3 proper recovery stories? 

For me it's so hard to believe that I could get my sensitive and sexual self back. It's like black and white.

Did you improve with time?

I still have the symptoms, but I have seen a lot of recovery stories. I hope I will find something useful... My problem is very low serotonin levels in the brain that I never had prior taking SSRIs, and they cause imbalances in body functions...

I have now been living with severe PSSD för 2,5 years and it’s beyond hell.

my penis is still shrunk as hell, short and thin. Does anyone have the same and has anyone healed this? It feels like this **** has created a physical damage in my genital area. Everything down there looks different…terrible to witness.

My brain has healed alot theese years but my penis is ruined, I could cut it of and it wouldn’t make any difference.

I have girls flirting with me but I can’t put myself in a situation where she wants to have sex. It’s not that I have a micro penis or anything, it’s still above average. My problem is that it feels and looks like something is really wrong. It’s like my body is still in fight or flight mode and probably it is. I am just terrified that all this has created permanent injuries….

@Ben190you told me that you had the same and it resolved. Can you relate 100% to my story? @CharlieBrowndid you have similiar issues?

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

4 hours ago, Avicii said:

my penis is still shrunk as hell, short and thin. Does anyone have the same and has anyone healed this? It feels like this **** has created a physical damage in my genital area. Everything down there looks different…terrible to witness.

My brain has healed alot theese years but my penis is ruined, I could cut it of and it wouldn’t make any difference.

I have girls flirting with me but I can’t put myself in a situation where she wants to have sex. It’s not that I have a micro penis or anything, it’s still above average. My problem is that it feels and looks like something is really wrong. It’s like my body is still in fight or flight mode and probably it is. I am just terrified that all this has created permanent injuries….

@Ben190you told me that you had the same and it resolved. Can you relate 100% to my story? @CharlieBrowndid you have similiar issues?

Dear friend, I can say for sure that there is no physical damage to the penis. You have low serotonin activity caused by abrupt withdrawal from the drugs and serotonin regulates smooth muscle activity and blood vessels that are extremely important for the erections. The problem is in the neurotransmitters, they create dysregulations in the nervous system, it is not physical damage to the genital area. I am praying that my treatments for serotonin will work...

What makes me pissed off is that a prescription "medication" can literally throw your whole body system into imbalance like this and doctors don't even believe that this is possible, they don't think PSSD and protracted withdrawal syndrome exist... We trusted the doctors and the medical system just to get seriously injured for years. I hope that in the near future, the truth about these drugs will come on the surface, enough independent research will be made to prove that they are neither safe nor effective, and the current medical and pharmaceutical system will fall forever.

I still think that these drugs have disrupted the normal serotonin synthesis (by inhibiting TPH enzyme) and serotonin release (by slowing down neuronal firing) and this is what causes years of withdrawal symptoms. It's logical that when a drug increases serotonin levels in the synapses, the rebound effect when you withdraw is decreased levels of serotonin. There is indeed desensitization of the post-synaptic receptors but I don't think this is the main mechanism - even some administrators here claim that these receptors should repopulate long before recovery. It is also possible that the transporter or the other enzymes have also adapted to the drug.

But there is the proclaimed theory that serotonin autoreceptors downregulate with chronic SSRI use (these autoreceptors cause a decrease in further synthesis and release of serotonin). Which would mean that initially there is a decrease, but after a few weeks, there is an increase in serotonin synthesis and release. However, this is a total non-sense because these drugs on their own make your serotonin levels in the synapses very high and if the body starts releasing even more serotonin after 2-4 weeks, this can literally kill you. So the brain tries to oppose the actions of the drug, by producing and releasing less serotonin, to maintain homeostasis. My opinion is that so much misinformation about how these drugs work is spread everywhere. It is so badly studied what exactly they are doing in the neurotransmitters' systems, how long they can stay in the body as it is thought that there might be 'drug leftovers' in the tissues and the drug still being released in therapeutic amounts in the brain long after discontinuation (this is not related to withdrawal syndrome, but might be related to some people with persistent effects from the beginning of the drug use). Doctors are so uneducated about their risks, because they are brainwashed from the pharma companies that these drugs are safe and effective. It is extremely dangerous to take even one pill of these drugs.

On 8/31/2023 at 10:25 AM, Avicii said:

When you say 'your brain has healed a lot', does that mean that you regained a huge part of your emotions?

I am so severely emotionally blunted that I even can't cry properly. It feels like I have lost my whole personality. Next to losing my sexuality, losing my emotions is beyond words traumatic. I literally just try to survive day after day to hold on. 

Concerning the sexual stuff: @AviciiI am female, but it definitely seems like my private parts changed as well physically. This condition is inhumane.

You have my fullest respect that you are still alive after 2,5 years.

Let's hope there will be a brighter future for all of us.

On 8/31/2023 at 10:25 AM, Avicii said:

Yes I had the same, my Major Problem is Low Libido still. Has anything Else improved for you?

2018 - october: 10 days Fluoxetin 20mg

2018 - october: CT after bad reactions

2019 - june: 3,5 weeks Fluoxetin 20mg

2019 - june: 5 days Fluoxetin 10mg

2019 - july: CT after massive problems

You will heal and maybe try aber see if Girls Flirting with you have some empathy. A lot of girls Are very understanding of you communicate things clearly and be sure things will heal. You Need just time 

@Ben190 have you improved the past months? Is your penis back to normal... Do you have normal sensitivity of the genitals? Are the erections decent enough?

On 9/1/2023 at 4:57 PM, Mango123 said:

When you say 'your brain has healed a lot', does that mean that you regained a huge part of your emotions?

I am so severely emotionally blunted that I even can't cry properly. It feels like I have lost my whole personality. Next to losing my sexuality, losing my emotions is beyond words traumatic. I literally just try to survive day after day to hold on. 

Concerning the sexual stuff: @AviciiI am female, but it definitely seems like my private parts changed as well physically. This condition is inhumane.

You have my fullest respect that you are still alive after 2,5 years.

Let's hope there will be a brighter future for all of us.

Yes some emotions are back but still stuck with some anhedonia. This is much better compared to just 6 months ago. First two years was only about surviving every minute. And yes, it sure feels like your personality is gone….mine is coming back extremely slowly.

My kids are the inse keeping me alive, and the fact that I deep down is a really positive guy. I used to love life (and women).

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

3 hours ago, Ben190 said:

Yes I had the same, my Major Problem is Low Libido still. Has anything Else improved for you?

Yes less anhedonia and more power. I can work, workout, be a soccer coach 4 days a week and still not fall apart. This wasn’t possible a year ago.

My brain is maybe 70% of what it used to be and my sexuality 20%. This used to be 20%/5%, two years ago. I can actually get a tiny bit excited every now and then and that is huge!

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

15 hours ago, Fairsome said:

@Ben190 have you improved the past months? Is your penis back to normal... Do you have normal sensitivity of the genitals? Are the erections decent enough?

Yes to all of your questions, just sometimes weaker erections some hours of the day But sometimes Later the day they get stronger. But all in all good improvement

12 hours ago, Avicii said:

Yes less anhedonia and more power. I can work, workout, be a soccer coach 4 days a week and still not fall apart. This wasn’t possible a year ago.

My brain is maybe 70% of what it used to be and my sexuality 20%. This used to be 20%/5%, two years ago. I can actually get a tiny bit excited every now and then and that is huge!

So you Are moving into the Right direction, just needs more time. Sounds good :) keep going!

2 hours ago, Ben190 said:

Yes to all of your questions, just sometimes weaker erections some hours of the day But sometimes Later the day they get stronger. But all in all good improvement

It is good that you are almost healed, even though you still have low libido. I hope that soon I will get there, I have enough problems in my life to deal with iatrogenic damage from these pills.. So bad that I trusted the idiot doctors that have no idea about adverse or long-term effects of these poisons.

Does anyone here have massive problems with his pelvic floor (or has had)? My pelvic muscles are constantly tense, they can't relax and contract properly, I think this is what's causing the PSSD and bowel issues. But these muscles are regulated by serotonin so I don't know if any exercises will fix them?

@Ben190 did you have similar issues? 

@Avicii @BerCal @Parisien @CharlieBrown etc

4 hours ago, Fairsome said:

Does anyone here have massive problems with his pelvic floor (or has had)? My pelvic muscles are constantly tense, they can't relax and contract properly, I think this is what's causing the PSSD and bowel issues. But these muscles are regulated by serotonin so I don't know if any exercises will fix them?

I have problems with my whole lower body. It’s electric, stiff and so on. Of course this is whats keeping my genitals shrunk, it’s a mess down there. It,s getting better though but is’s so slow.

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

12 hours ago, Fairsome said:

Yes, I have big problems with my pelvic floor too. They are tense, can't relax, spasms.. I feel like I don't have control over that area.

I was so stressed out about this, I could barely sleep two nights in a row and was having nightmares... Just terrible to have pain all day and see your genitals destroyed from 5 months on SSRIs... I will still try different programs on YT, probably the only ways is to rejuvenate the brain and promote neuroplasticity and neurogenesis, nothing other will work I think, this is a very complex injury to the brain and the nervous system, and can't be healed that easily.

I am just sorry for my kids because they have lost their father due to this. I am not the same person anymore….and I can’t see that I am going back to that person again. This is just to severe…

It’s now been 900 days of hell…900 days!!! I should get one million dollar in compensation for each day. Just amazing that the doctors get away with theese lies. I will NEVER trust another human being again.

Sorry for my negative post, it’s just so hard to fight this every single minute….

2018 Isotretoin 80mg

2019 Tetracycline 500mg

43 minutes ago, Avicii said:

I am just sorry for my kids because they have lost their father due to this. I am not the same person anymore….and I can’t see that I am going back to that person again. This is just to severe…

It’s now been 900 days of hell…900 days!!! I should get one million dollar in compensation for each day. Just amazing that the doctors get away with theese lies. I will NEVER trust another human being again.

Sorry for my negative post, it’s just so hard to fight this every single minute….

It is terrifying that GPs (general practitioners) are allowed to prescribe these extremely dangerous pills... They have absolutely no idea how they work and what damage they can cause. I also won't trust any other doctor anymore, no matter if psychiatrist, GP or whatever, I will always do my own research, I don't think I will take any more medications either, after that medical crash I am scared to put any pill in my mouth (not only psych drug).

I completely understand you, this is just a crime to happen to a healthy person and the doctor doesn't even believe the harm and the suffering he caused. I think that you should consult probably with a lawyer, this can't go without consequences, the doctors and the pharma companies need to acknowledge what they have done... I am not asking for compensations but for honesty. Maybe these pills should be prescribed only to people in psych yards with severe mental illnesses, not to people like us.