arielS: Cipralex and Buspar usage for 3 days

arielS

@arielS

I am very sorry to hear that you feel you are getting worse. 

Recovery can take much longer than we'd like. 

You are very brave!

Some members keep a journal tracking their symptoms to help them notice improvements over time. 

Do you think that's something that might be useful?

When we don't feel well it can be difficult to remember how things were 3 or 6 or 9 months ago.

Especially with memory loss as one of the symptoms, it might be practical to write things down. 

That way when we experience a moment of relief we can record it and know it happened. 

Hang in there, arielS. This is temporary, it will pass. It gets better. 

Sending you hugs and healing vibes <3

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

August 2021 - 2mg melatonin   August 1, 2022 - 1mg melatonin   March 31, 2023 - 0mg melatonin

2024 supplements update: electrolyte blend in water sipped throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil blend w/ morning meal (incl. vit. A+D+E); calcium; vitamin C+zinc

Courage is fear that has said its prayers.  - Karle Wilson Baker

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

I am not a medical professional; this is not medical advice. 

Hi @Ariel  thank you sis. 💙

15 June ,buspar 5mg 9pm

16 June, cipralex 10mg , buspar 5mg

17 June, cipralex 10mg, buspar 5mg

18 June, cipralex 10mg, buspar 5mg

19 June zero dose

• 3 weeks later...

Hi... I did not notice any window  so many months ago.. I feel v v much worse and separated.. Is it OK not to improve?  

15 June ,buspar 5mg 9pm

19 June zero dose

• Moderator Emeritus

Dear @arielS--The suffering caused by these drugs is so hard.  I got worse and worse for a long time, without windows as well.  Finally, I am beginning to have windows and to feel somewhat better.  With time, I feel confident that you will heal from this.  Please know as well that you are not alone.  It's very painful, the feeling of separation that we experience.

Sending you hugs,

Arbor

Zoloft: 1995 - 2015

Prozac: 2015 - 2018 (tapered from 40mg x day on July 31 to 30mg on August 31 to 20mg on September 31 to 10mg October 31 to 0mg on  December 15, 2018

Gabapentin: 2016 to 2019  (tapered from 300mg x day to 150mg on August 31, 2019 to 75mg on September 15 to 50mg on September 31 to 25ishmg on October 15 to 0mg on December 1, 2019

Enalapril: 2010 - 2019

Lipitor: 2017 -2017

Metformin: 2000 - 2020

Liothyronine: 2007 - 2019

Levothyroxine: 2000 - 2022

Hi @arbor

I feel pain it is just pain, inner darkness and screaming without voice.. When I wake up I cannot recognise where I am,  what should I do, I cannot talk to my friends or my family,  inner nervousness and spells... Darkness became more and more...iam seeing only hatred and like inside my head 24 hours... Iam really disperate and.. 😞Iam ****in* hating my life.. 

15 June ,buspar 5mg 9pm

19 June zero dose

• Moderator Emeritus

Yes, dear @arielS--I had that terrible darkness and screaming without voice a lot.  I would also be confused when I woke up.  The hatred and anger have been very intense.  I believe these are common symptoms of the brain disruption caused by withdrawal.  Another typical symptom is feeling bad about our life.  When this thought comes up for me, I have to ignore it.  Remember to distract yourself as much as you can from the negative pain and thoughts.  You might find it helpful to read the Success Stories under the Browse section.

Persevere--you will get through this.

My heart is with you 💜  We are all in this together.

Arbor

Prozac: 2015 - 2018 (tapered from 40mg x day on July 31 to 30mg on August 31 to 20mg on September 31 to 10mg October 31 to 0mg on  December 15, 2018

Gabapentin: 2016 to 2019  (tapered from 300mg x day to 150mg on August 31, 2019 to 75mg on September 15 to 50mg on September 31 to 25ishmg on October 15 to 0mg on December 1, 2019

Thank you  🖤

15 June ,buspar 5mg 9pm

19 June zero dose

• Moderator Emeritus

Stay in touch🦋@arielS

A

• ChessieCat changed the title to arielS: Cipralex and Buspar usage for 3 days

Hi,  someone adviced me to take modafinil as it can make the brain regain it's energy and not be disconnected?  And can raise the dopine safely.. Any one here took modafinil after WD??  

15 June ,buspar 5mg 9pm

19 June zero dose

Please don't. This medication works by adjusting neurotransmitters, which is just what we are trying to recover from. On top of that it's list of side effects is pretty nasty. These links will give some insight:

Modafinil - Wikipedia

Modafinil Uses, Side Effects & Warnings - Drugs.com

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

OK @brassmonkey thanks a lot iamnot gonna take it. 💐

15 June ,buspar 5mg 9pm

19 June zero dose

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again... Anyone went through this ? 

From the first pill I took 14 months ago, my white in my eye ball became yellowish light yellow ,but it did not look ike that before meds..,  my urine too smells too heavy and weird since I took them .

Anyone went through this? 

15 June ,buspar 5mg 9pm

19 June zero dose

Am. I supposed to make some blood tests to billirubin in serum? The weird smell and color do not go away and the yellow color in my eye,  it is not a UTI infection, no other symptoms for UTI

15 June ,buspar 5mg 9pm

19 June zero dose

• Moderator Emeritus
2 hours ago, arielS said:

my white in my eye ball became yellowish light yellow

There are various causes of this.  It might just be a coincidence that it happened at the same time as you took the buspar and cipralex, it could be that you had not noticed it before, or it could be caused by the drugs.  Whichever it might be I think it would be a good idea to see the doctor and get tested for anything that might be the cause (which is not related to the buspar and cipralex).

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

No chessy , it started from the first pill but it was light so I did not pay attention to it,  plus the color and smell in urine , all of this says it's anemia,  blood cells are destroyed from the drug as it can cause much billirubin 

But no way if it is caused by a med,  then I must wait.. Immune system is disrupted also from those toxins. That is what I think 

15 June ,buspar 5mg 9pm

19 June zero dose

• 2 weeks later...

Hu family.. Is it okay to be more blanked in mind and emotions after 15 months of WD.  ?

I feel my head has no connections anymore,  no worries,  no emotions at all even the bad ones,  my mind is more black.. Separated from everything,  no attention of even healing or not.  Not interacting with anything,  even wd news. 

Is this possible?  

15 June ,buspar 5mg 9pm

19 June zero dose

On 9/16/2022 at 12:25 AM, arielS said:

Hu family.. Is it okay to be more blanked in mind and emotions after 15 months of WD.  ?

I feel my head has no connections anymore,  no worries,  no emotions at all even the bad ones,  my mind is more black.. Separated from everything,  no attention of even healing or not.  Not interacting with anything,  even wd news. 

Is this possible?  

DP is still persistent for me ..

Don't panick it will pass .. don't pay attention to the symptoms 

The theory that I belive in is that our brains busy trying to regain its natural homeostasis (upregulating/downregulating receptors/building new neural pathways) 

So it has shut down all of the functions that it should do to do the most IMPORTANT  thing our bodies need to (SURVIVE and HEAL) 

We gonna inshallah wake up from this nightmare soon قبل الدراسة كمان ان شاء الله ما حد حوش 😂🙏 

Dream are free fortunately 😂💛

Sep 2019  Escitalopram 5 mg  

Mar 2020   Escitalopram 40mg

May 2020    Escitalopram 35 mg+25mg Clompiramine 

Sep 2020  Escitalopram 20mg +25mg Clompiramine

Dec 2020  Escitalopram 15mg+ 25 mg Clompiramine 

Jan 2021 Escitalopram 10 mg + 25 mgClompiramine 

Feb 2021 Escitalopram 5mg +25 mgClompiramine 

Mar 2021  50 mg Clompiramine for few days 

Mar 2021 25 mg Clompiramine 

Apr 2021 0 mg Clompiramine " this step without consulting the Dr"

• 8 months later...

Hello again... Iam about to reach 2 years blunted and ***** up... I was just thinking of reinstating the drug... Any opinions?   😞

15 June ,buspar 5mg 9pm

19 June zero dose

@arielS I suffered an immediate adverse reaction like you. I have also felt desperate enough to think of reinstating. But I've also seen a lot of failed reinstatements in this site, where people got much much worse than before. I wouldn't recommend a reinstatement because you've had an immediate adverse reaction. This means the drugs were not compatible with your body and caused you damage. More drugs = more damage.

This lady had an immediate adverse reaction with symptoms that are quite similar to yours. She's done an reinstatement but it failed.

Jan 29, 2023 - Took my one and only dose of Mirtazapine (15 mg). Developed an immediate adverse reaction with list of withdrawal-like symptoms.

@Chompoo

Thanks for replying... So what can we do?  For how long could this suffer continue.. I really cannot accept the idea,  I've tried loads of supplements,  herbs but nothing helped,  I even developed horrible sensitivities and intolerance,  I could feel my nerve burning if I ate a candy with artificial color!  

15 June ,buspar 5mg 9pm

19 June zero dose

@arielS I have a lot of food intolerances too, so I empathise. It is so bad that I cannot eat out at all. I spend a lot of time cooking at home and I'm sick of the small menu of things I can eat. And like you, I tried all kinds of supplements to no avail. I've given up. I only take magnesium these days, and a DAO enzyme whenever I eat something that causes me pain (I did a blood test and found that I have histamine food intolerance).
Everyone tells me to be patient, that I will get well one day and it is only a matter of time. But the uncertainty makes me anxious. Some people recovered from their immediate adverse reaction in 6 months. Others are still suffering after 4-5 years. It's really hard to guage how long recovery takes.
Please continue to have hope you will recover. This is what I'm trying hard to do. I read and re-read the success stories so I can continue to have hope. Meantime, you might want to distract yourself with a hobby. I find that it takes my mind off this terrible situation I'm in and I feel less low. Please take care @ariels and do check in whenever you need some support. Sending a big hug from a fellow sufferer.

Jan 29, 2023 - Took my one and only dose of Mirtazapine (15 mg). Developed an immediate adverse reaction with list of withdrawal-like symptoms.

@Chompoo

Hi sis,  I have spent nearly a month taking DAO enzyme I could not handle eating anything even water could give me nausea and heat in my intestines,  in this aspekt I get rid of that by taking high quality kerosine from a good source,  it has no color.. Take 2 drops of it on a cup of water daily and increase the dose as much as your body can handle... If you got a diarrhea it's a sign that you had a big dose,  but it really helped with my gut.. It sounds weird but it really works!  Search deeply on it you will be encouraged. 

15 June ,buspar 5mg 9pm

19 June zero dose

@arielS what is Kerosine? Is it the flammable liquid that is used as fuel?

@Chompoo

Yes it is it'n name differes in countries but search for it kerosin or gas idk it's name exactly in yours... 

15 June ,buspar 5mg 9pm

19 June zero dose

@arielS thanks for sharing

• 5 months later...
On 5/7/2022 at 2:55 PM, arielS said:

@Lilly998

انا بعاني من تبدد واقع شذيد اوي و فقدان شخصيه و ذاكرتي ضايعه تماما. ،مشاكل فالادراك و التفكير و عدوانيه و افكار انتحار و شخصيتي اتغيرت اوي و عندي تبلد و اكتئاب شداد اوي الي انتي عرفاه pssd 

كوابيس كتير كل يوم دم و قتل و مفيش توازن مبقدرش اطلع برا البيت 

و الحجات بقا ال physical 

I suffer from the dissipation of a very severe reality and the loss of my personality and my memory is completely lost. Problems of cognition, thinking, aggression, thoughts of suicide, and my personality has changed so much and I have slackening and severe depression that you know pssd There are many nightmares every day, blood and murder, and there is no balance. I can't go outside the house And the arguments remain the physical

My brain is the same way. Very violent, weird, intrusive thoughts I never had ever before in my life, that just repeat all day long. Not my personality at all. You’re not alone. 

April 2022- Only 1 celxa pill 10mg

had an adverse reaction & never took anymore again