OptimisticRP: hello - my story help me

OptimisticRP

27 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

This is not a gut repair regimen. Strongly suggest you stop taking random supplements.

I’m not taking anything yet, and to help my leaky gut/ SIBO.  That’s is what I’m referring to. I am waiting to see the doctor.  

the other supplements I listed are to help the OCD- and glutamate system out of whack. Which is causing my over excitation. I probably didn’t word that post well. The supplements for the gut I didn’t list. The others are for my anxiety and overall functioning during this recovery. To ease symptoms. 

NAC- I was also told could help with obsessive thinking. So I figured, it may help me relax a little.  I figured these are better than diazepam or propanalol or however you spell it.  

I would never take a supplement blindly for no reason. 

Thank you Alto. I will keep you or the moderators updated. ❤️

ProzacNovember 2019: 10MG start

January 2021: up to 60MG 

march 2021: Valium everyday 2MG twice a day for a month or after that take as needed 

April 2021-May: taper to 0MG

June 2021: Zoloft 7 days and ween off. 
August 2021: escitalopram 5MG-10MG

August 2021: Propanol 10MG-20MG as needed 

September 2021: weened off escitalopram over a week.

October 30th: Citalopram 20MG 

November 10th: stopped - 10MG 2 days. 
November 14th: Prozac 20MG

November 18th: stop C/T 

• Administrator

Very possible you'll make yourself more ill with random supplement combos. You probably would feel a lot better if you stopped fussing, took care of your gut, and let your body fix itself.

Cannot see how I can be of any further help.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• 3 weeks later...

Update: Magnesium has helped a lot

symptoms come and go. 

seen improvements in everything even  the PSSD. 

Right now my stomach is my worse issue- combined with the nausea. 

i could be wrong but it seems I have more windows then waves but I’m unsure. It’s pretty even.

My birthday was yesterday, I went to a hockey game (took Valium to help my anxiety- first time taking it in a month) but was able to drive to New Jersey and enjoy the game. 

Long ways to go still but having days where I feel content and well at moments is huge compared to the first month an a half.  Even my uncle passed away this past week and I didn’t get pushed into a wave from it - I just had a dip for a day and back to baseline. 

supplements: I take 1 200 Mg magnesium pill before I sleep. 

Vegan fish oil - after lunch occasionally 

melatonin- occasionally 

arginine -occasionally 

Doc: sodium butyrate - I haven’t taken it consistently cause I feel weird sometimes. Doc thinks I should try it for longer though to see results. 

I am doing well in school and hanging with friends and playing games - so the anhedonia and apathy slightly improves as well, slightly. Sorry when I’m not as busy I’ll be able to explain in better detail just slight improvements though. Staying off forums and websites helps a lot too. 

that’s the update. 

hope you all are well❤️ 

@Kiasofia

@Altostrata

@ChessieCat

march 2021: Valium everyday 2MG twice a day for a month or after that take as needed 

• Administrator

Good to hear you're feeling better. You might be interested in 

Elimination or exclusion diets for reactions to food (food intolerance)

Histamine intolerance

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

• 1 month later...

Hello, been super busy with school a toxic ex girlfriend and a lot of stuff and now I have 2 jobs while going to school and while dealing with this. 

my symptoms that improved have stayed improved and seem to be continuously improving. 

However, this past week or so I don’t know if it is because of more stress and what not but I’ve been experiencing dizziness type of feeling and a feeling of light headedness at first I thought it was anxiety because I used to get like that when super anxious but it’s happening when not anxious and I feel like the glutamate dumps and adrenaline dumps are flaring up again - throughout the day. Unsure why.  So if anyone could help me with this new strange symptom! Feels like I’m gonna pass out which provokes more anxiety from me. 

the past month or two I’ve been to two hockey games (used Valium so I didn’t have panic attacks- don’t use Valium at all once every 6 weeks if even- same with propanalol) I went to the studio and recorded some music made a song - I have an internship and I work a minimum wage job while studying psychology. 

other than that I’ve seen improvements in 

DP/DR:90% gone

brain fog: comes and goes but better than  first couple months 

apathy/anhedonia:20-40% better it varies 

nausea:W/D nausea gone- I think it’s just my normal anxiety nausea now 

stomach issues: up and down seeing someone for that soon 

Exercise intolerance: improving 

PSSD: Some 2-5% improvements(OCD of it and research makes it worse and me feel worse)

Headaches: mixed with brain fog - probably not as bad but just as annoying and frustrating 

Cognitive issues: definitely better but seem to flair up and I can’t think of that the words to say or focus.

psuedo emotions: come and go - I wanna cry but sometimes I can’t 

I am trying to think of all my symptoms - but I don’t remember the shakiness is 96% gone but I feel when I’m stressed or more anxious it flares up. 
Blurred vision: comes and goes as well 

but times in the last 2 months where I was laughing so hard I felt joy and stuff so. I think good signs. But unsure about the new symptoms. Figured I’d check in. And yes I cut off toxic ex and stuff and trying to live a stress free life. 

Going forward I’m gonna try to heal my gut issue and doc told me about and do acupuncture and a lot of meditation and zen monks type of lifestyle - mixed with my modern day lifestyle :) and change my diet accordingly 

@ChessieCat

@Kiasofia

@Altostrata

❤️ Thanks for all you do. 

current supplements: 

Magnesium glycinate or carbonate 

fish oil - restarting 

melatonin

beet root powder 

NAC(randomly if ruminating too much) 

Adrenal cortex 

stopped: arginine /sodium buytrate they made me feel worse or had no effect and am not gonna take NAC anymore - the NAC and adrenal cortex were recommended by my holistic doctor. NAC seemed to help at first but not much anymore Idt - seems to make me too blank. 

starting: Niacin and thiamin soon. 

As well as debating lithium orotate or l theanine to help with my anxiety. 

or blue vervain. If anyone knows ab those. I read blue vervain is a herb claimed to heal the nervous system and sooth it. 

lmk what you all think! 

• Moderator Emeritus
42 minutes ago, OptimisticRP said:

However, this past week or so I don’t know if it is because of more stress and what not but I’ve been experiencing dizziness type of feeling and a feeling of light headedness at first I thought it was anxiety because I used to get like that when super anxious but it’s happening when not anxious and I feel like the glutamate dumps and adrenaline dumps are flaring up again - throughout the day. Unsure why.  So if anyone could help me with this new strange symptom! Feels like I’m gonna pass out which provokes more anxiety from me. 

When I am stressed or concentrating on something I find that I don't breathe as deeply as I normally do.  Perhaps you are doing the same thing.

* NO LONGER ACTIVE on SA *

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED:  (6 year taper)      0mg Pristiq  on 13th November 2021

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

VIDEO:   Antidepressant Withdrawal Syndrome and its Management

5 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

When I am stressed or concentrating on something I find that I don't breathe as deeply as I normally do.  Perhaps you are doing the same thing.

Maybe, however it always comes with more brain fog and facial pressure 🤷🏻‍♂️ So I am unsure it’s new within the past two weeks and I can’t think of anything differently I done besides more stressful things🤷🏻‍♂️🤔

• Moderator Emeritus

You might be getting periods of low blood sugar which can cause dizziness.

Stress creates cortisol which uses glucose.

ADs since ~1992:  25+ years - 1 unknown, Prozac (muscle weakness), Zoloft; citalopram (pooped out) CTed (very sick for 2.5 wks a few months after); Pristiq:  50mg 2012, 100mg beg 2013 (Serotonin Toxicity)  Tapering from Oct 2015 - 13 Nov 2021   LAST DOSE 0.0025mg

Post 0 updates start here    My tapering program     My Intro (goes to tapering graph)

• Moderator Emeritus

And other members have found that additional stress can worsen their withdrawal symptoms.

36 minutes ago, ChessieCat said:

And other members have found that additional stress can worsen their withdrawal symptoms.

So you think it’ll just fade over time?? Like the others and get better ? Or is it something I should address? 

• Administrator

Good to see you've had some improvement!

• 1 month later...

Update, I was doing amazing excelling in school and 2 jobs and everything. 

and then all of a sudden this past week or two I have been plagued with nausea and my emotions started to slowly come back over the course of the months I’ve been dealing - but this past week 6months out - I guess I got a wave and I’ve been nauseous and anxious and my emotions seemed to have disappeared again. 

i am unsure as to why maybe stress but I feel like I’m in hell again and I’m scared cause I was seeing improvements in everything 

PSSD- I got my O back to a 6/10 instead of 1/10

brain fog and cognitive function was gone only issue was anxiety and stomach issues and PSSD 

my doc told me to take this peppermint, thyme and rosemary oil thing for my nausea. And I did for 2 days and coincidentally that’s when the wave started. 

but now I feel like I am stuck in a cycle of anxiety and catastrophic thinking. 

me and my therapist talked today and it helped but my Intrusive thoughts - low mood - severe un natural anxiety - nauseas is really bad 

I was hoping if you guys could give me some guidance - tricks and tips and any supplements that may ease the symptoms 

I only have been taking: magnesium glycinate - lactium - and omega 3 - ion trace minerals consistently. 
also been taking a whey protein and casein protein shake recently to get more calories. Maybe that’s a culprit as well 🤷🏻‍♂️

Itake NAC if I feel super overwhelmed 

I took the peppermint for 3 days. 
I took this leaky gut supplement randomly my doctor told me to take - I don’t like the way it  makes me feel. 
it has DGH licorice root - glutamine and aloe in it 

I also take B1 and Niacin randomly - more B1 - the niacin flush is very uncomfortable 

I take Valium and propanlol sparingly if I’m super desperate and i have something important coming up. 

If you guys could give me any insight that would be great - this is such a random wave IMO- I was doing amazing and consistently improving and now the last two days have been kinda rough. Also to put more pressure on my self I met an amazing girl who is understanding and amazing and it’s stressing me out cause I wanna be my best self for her. Please friends give me your best tips and insight. I love you all - ❤️ 

6 months since stopping citalopram (9days)

8 months since stopping lexapro (1 month)

10 months since stopping Zoloft ( 1 week)

13 months since stopping fluoxetine (1 year) 

EDIT: I had the flu two weeks ago - and during that time I took homeopathic medicine and vitamin C and felt no issue with them. This wave appeared 1.5 weeks after the flu. 

ALSO, for the past two months 

with gut issues my appetite comes and goes however - I changed my  diet all I really eat is meat and vegetables(need more) fruit and nuts and dairy(I love cheese 😅) so I noticed less pain but now I’m nauseous non stop.

okay I think now, I said all I need too! 

also when I get my next paycheck I’m gonna be sending a donation :) 

Love you guys - please let me know what you think of it all! And tips and stuff 

@Altostrata @ChessieCat @Kiasofia

• Administrator
15 hours ago, OptimisticRP said:

my doc told me to take this peppermint, thyme and rosemary oil thing for my nausea. And I did for 2 days and coincidentally that’s when the wave started. 

You could have had a reaction to this OR this:

15 hours ago, OptimisticRP said:

I took this leaky gut supplement randomly my doctor told me to take - I don’t like the way it  makes me feel. 
it has DGH licorice root - glutamine and aloe in it 

Some people don't do well with glutamine, or licorice that is NOT DGH. Are you sure the licorice is DGH? I would stop all the supplements for a bit, see if you feel better.

How has your symptom pattern changed in the last few days? 

Love you, too 🙂

37 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

You could have had a reaction to this OR this:

Some people don't do well with glutamine, or licorice that is NOT DGH. Are you sure the licorice is DGH? I would stop all the supplements for a bit, see if you feel better.

How has your symptom pattern changed in the last few days? 

Love you, too 🙂

Yes, the Licorice is definitely DGH. I just double checked but I took it in the past with no issues. It could just be I’m highly stressed too with everything. But I also think maybe the rosemary and peppermint and thyme supplement I had a bad reaction too.

And my typical days we’re great low anxiety - just run down and tired and I would have so stomach issues maybe dizziness and what not.

But, now it’s daily nausea, increased anxiety and brain fog is back and my body is able to fall asleep but waking me up super early. I only had this issue in the beginning. That being said the neuro emotions are all flaring up as this happens - and intrusive thoughts that I’ll never get better and this is a huge setback. 

I’ve been meditating and alternating nose breathing seems to help slightly. 

You think it’ll calm down an I’ll get back to being able to fully function?

I’m finishing my school semester now and 2 jobs and the next 3 days I got 8 hour shifts. 

but will do Alto, I will only take magnesium and fish oil and melatonin for now.  If you have any other recommendations let me know! 

• Administrator

If you had a reaction to something, it should fade in a week. How are you doing now?

5 hours ago, Altostrata said:

If you had a reaction to something, it should fade in a week. How are you doing now?

Definitely better, not as foggy - insomnia is still here tho, but also met a really amazing girl who is understanding and cool! But going out and doing things is triggering the original issue (Anxiety, PTSD- panic) which could be making everything harder/worse  as well being highly stressed. Sticking with magnesium and fish oil. I wanna figure something out that can help my stomach and anxious stomach. I feel as if my stomach from the beginning causes a lot of issues. And I read a lot of bad things about ginger in withdrawal which worries me. So I stay away. 

I think I am gonna stick with magnesium and Fish oil, lactium and maybe get low dose peppermint oil - alone and try that instead of a pill with a combination of things. Thank you for responding Alto I know you’re busy. 

looking into things that can help me with anxiety even slightly - so I’m not forced to talk beta blocker or Valium more often to go out. 

I’ll figure it out, and if I try any of the helpful supplements talked about here I’ll only do the ones that have helped people and I’ll start super low dose and slowly see how I feel. 

Herbs: like blue vervain / Lemon balm seem interesting, but I stay super careful. Gonna exhaust my therapy and safe options. 

Also, my hunger cues coming back is such an uncomfortable cool feeling! Like great I feel hunger again ! But omg I am so nauseous cause I’m so hungry! But I digress! Thanks again alto! 

Any sleep suggestions, looking into taurine with my mag glycinate! 

Sending  love and healing vibes!!

I also urge everyone to do alternate nose breathing it’s life changing! Helps clear symptoms up and brain fog at times! 

• Administrator

Ginger is good for nausea and an upset stomach.

Have you tried psychotherapy for your anxiety? You may be able to learn non-drug techniques instead of looking for a pill to take.

1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

Ginger is good for nausea and an upset stomach.

Have you tried psychotherapy for your anxiety? You may be able to learn non-drug techniques instead of looking for a pill to take.

Yes, I study psychology and neuroscience myself in college. I have done CBT for 4 years, ACT for 2 years and I meditate often. For some reason, I can not seem to figure out how to let me physical sensations pass and then because of that my mind gets overwhelmed and flooded. But, I will keep trying. 

EDIT: It also, seems to be worse in withdrawal/adv reaction. 

I am looking into Biofeedback and Neurofeedback/ Accupuncutre and other things that may be beneficial 

• 4 weeks later...

Update: so that wave passed as fast as it came on. 

I met an amazing girl at my job and we hit it off and after some time of talking, we are now dating :) and it’s amazing to have such a supportive an amazing girl in my life. Definitely helps! That being said everything was going amazing I felt back to normal 70% at least! I was eating a lot again  and going out and doing stuff with propranolol at first to help my anxiety and then I stopped and was going out and doing so much fun stuff with less anxiety with no medicine at all!   just lactium and magnesium ! And its been great and so much fun. But because I felt so amazing I started to get back into my old activities such as working out in the gym and MMA and I was lifting and training ju jitsu the past week and felt fine but this week after training back to back days - when my gf came over I got a wave of anxiety almost like panic and nausea and just an awful feeling. Which is so frustrating because I feel so close to being normal again and I wonder what could’ve of caused it. 

Supplements I take:

magnesium glycinate - 200-400 MG

omega 3’s 1400-2800

supplements I added recently:

creatine - 1-5G every night before bed 

nitric oxide booster with tons of ingredients: 1/2 a serving before the gym 

beet root power: 1 full serving before the gym 

started ju Jitsu and weight lifting  this past Friday/Saturday. 

and the supplements didn’t bother me at all I don’t think,  so I’m unsure if it was from over working myself when working out. Or the supplements. So I’m just gonna stick to magnesium and omega 3’s for now again and then see how I feel.

I also added grains back to my diet and been trying to eat more calories! To gain the weight I lost back! 

But other than that I’ve been feeling 50-70%. Back to normal! 

As in symptoms come up but I still fully function for the most part!! 

emotions: 50-60% improved 

PSSD: 40-60% improved 

nausea: improved (only anxiety nausea now although still have some gut issues. 

brain fog:50% improved 

DPDR:70% improved 

and lots others are very improved- I don’t think I could list them all!! That’s the hard part I didn’t keep track of my symptoms in the beginning as well as I wanted to. But I keep track of how I feel daily.  But yeah that’s my update !! Hope you’re all doing well! I’ll be 7 months out from the reaction in 3 days :) 

still a lot to improve on and when the symptoms flare up I feel as if I’m back at day 1 but I realize now that it’ll pass! It always does!  Just thought I’d give you an update as well as you give me insight on what you think could’ve caused my flare up ! 

“This too shall pass” 

@Altostrata

@Kiasofia

@OptimisticRP

Congratulations on your improvements, and on meeting someone special and dating. Thanks for sharing your update! 

3 minutes ago, OptimisticRP said:

But because I felt so amazing I started to get back into my old activities such as working out in the gym and MMA and I was lifting and training ju jitsu the past week and felt fine but this week after training back to back days - when my gf came over I got a wave of anxiety almost like panic and nausea and just an awful feeling. Which is so frustrating because I feel so close to being normal again and I wonder what could’ve of caused it. 

Is it possible you're answering your own question here?

It sounds like you have an intuitive understanding that you overdid it on the exercise front, which may have exacerbated some symptoms. 

4 minutes ago, OptimisticRP said:

supplements I added recently:

creatine - 1-5G every night before bed 

nitric oxide booster with tons of ingredients: 1/2 a serving before the gym 

beet root power: 1 full serving before the gym 

started ju Jitsu and weight lifting  this past Friday/Saturday. 

and the supplements didn’t bother me at all I don’t think,  so I’m unsure if it was from over working myself when working out. Or the supplements. So I’m just gonna stick to magnesium and omega 3’s for now again and then see how I feel.

You made multiple changes in a short period of time, which makes it difficult to discern what could have caused the increase in symptoms. 

This is why SA advises to only make one change at once -- it helps to distinguish any possible cause and effect if there's a reaction. 

7 minutes ago, OptimisticRP said:

But other than that I’ve been feeling 50-70%. Back to normal! 

As in symptoms come up but I still fully function for the most part!! 

It's great that you're functioning so well and able to live your life with the symptoms in the background. I trust that this will continue to improve for you. 

In the meantime, keep in mind that your brain and nervous system have been through a lot and are still healing. What this means is, keep living your life and continue noticing improvement, while also being mindful to minimize stress and undue exertion.  

The body doesn't differentiate between psychological stress and physical stress. If something is "too much" relative to where the body is at, it will be categorized as a stressor and our systems will respond accordingly. So even though it might not consciously feel like exercise is a "stressful event" -- you may experience it as joyful, pleasant, rewarding, etc. -- the body may find it to be a stressful event. 

When it comes to activities such as exercise, it might be prudent to gradually ease back into things. Just because your muscles can do it in the moment doesn't mean your nervous system is quite ready for it yet. Try to do less to begin with and then every week add a little more. This will help your nervous system adjust to the increased activity. Continue to monitor for any possible reactions as you go along. If you start to notice symptoms flaring up, like you did this time, you'll know to pull back a little and go more gently. And as long as you're only making one change at a time, it will be more clear to you what may be causing a reaction. 

Good job, and keep up the good work! (Just don't overdo it...)

1996-2018 - misc. polypharmacy, incl. SSRIs, SNRIs, neuroleptics, lithium, benzos, stimulants, antihistamines, etc. (approx. 30+ drugs)

2012-2018 - 10mg lexapro/escitalopram (20mg?)    Jan. 2018 - 10mg -> 5mg, then from 5mg -> 2.5mg, then 0mg  -->  July 2018 - 0mg

2017(?)-2020 - vyvanse/lisdexamfetamine 60-70mg    2020-2021 - 70mg down to 0mg  -->  July 2021 - 0mg

March-April 2021 - vortioxetine 5-10mg (approx. 7 weeks total; CT)  -->  April 28th, 2021 - 0mg

supplements: magnesium powder (dissolved in water) as needed throughout the day; 1 tsp fish oil w/ morning meal; 2mg melatonin 

August 1, 2022 - 1 mg melatonin

Courage is fear that has said its prayers.  - Karle Wilson Baker

love and justice are not two. without inner change, there can be no outer change; without collective change, no change matters.  - Rev. angel Kyodo williams

Holding multiple truths. Knowing that everyone has their own accurate view of the way things are.  - text on homemade banner at Afiya house

I am not a medical professional; this is not medical advice. 

• Administrator

Be careful about overdoing strenuous exercise. You may need to gradually build up your activity level.

• 1 month later...

Histamine intolerance can be caused by withdrawal ? I feel as if I’m 50-70% recovered in all aspects and then something random pops up and I feel cruddy. 

can histamine intolerance randomly appear in withdrawal? And if so, what supplements help? Vitamin C and Quercetin seem to be the best options. 

That being said, does histamine intolerance go away on its own as well? Considering it was caused by SSRI withdrawal/ adverse reaction. 

other than that though I’m doing well! Feel good. Have an amazing girl friend and I do light exercise. I work and I graduate from college in December! So that’s exciting - 22 years young ! Lol 

8 months since this all occurred and I think I’ve made amazing progress and doing well, always fear crashing in the back of my head but I just can’t see that happening with how well I feel sometimes. 

But if someone could help me out, maybe whose dealt with it or seen people talk about it, but it feels as if I eat certain foods or something - I’ll get these bad migraines and face pressure and it feels so uncomfortable like the earlier brain fog type of headache I used to have 24/7.  I have read the histamine topics on the website and although the suggestion to go to Facebook groups makes sense, it also doesn’t because the people With histamine intolerance in those groups aren’t going through SSRI withdrawal 🤷🏻‍♂️  So that’s why I asked :) 

Please  let me know! But hope you’re all doing well and showing withdrawal whose boss :) 

@Altostrata

@ChessieCat

• ChessieCat changed the title to OptimisticRPL: hello - my story help me
  • Moderator Emeritus

You might try an elimination diet.

Sometimes it is quicker to start with a restricted diet and then introduce a new food one at a time.

Many years ago, unrelated to ADs or WD, I had to do a food challenge and had to go on a restricted diet leading up to the challenges.  And it can be very hard to do.  But for me it was worth the effort.  I suggest that you look for online forums / support groups which might provide information and support whilst you go through this process.  Obviously they will probably not have much / any knowledge of ADWD but I think it would help to discuss your dietary situation and receive support and encouragement from people who understand how hard it can be to work out what food/s are causing issues.

@Altostrata

i need advice, I’ve been struggling lately and I’m in a pickle. 

I’ve been getting better and better and felt like I had my life back. Then out of no where, I’m reacting to foods. I think it is a histamine intolerance but I am unsure of what to do. I took some vitamin C and Quercetin and they seemed to help. However, I’ve noticed since I got this histamine reaction with symptoms of stomach pain, itching all over my body after I eat, bad brain fog. 

also, I feel this random sensitivity to foods has seemed to make my previous symptoms worse and I’m worried I’ve had a serious setback 

my PSSD has had a little bit of a setback since this has happened 

and overall I just don’t feel well and I’m trying to figure out and manage this but I don’t know where to start- I started staying away from foods but I’m still tingling and itching - and I don’t know who or what doctors to see I contacted some functional doctors and a gastroenterologist hopefully they get back to me. Idk if I should see a immunologist or my primary care. i just don’t know and I’m overwhelmed with the information on the internet and I just wanna be back to myself and be able to eat and work out and train MMA :( I was doing so amazing a week ago and the 10th and since the 11th I’ve been dealing with all this stuff. 

and I’m also afraid to take certain supplements to help because I don’t want to hurt my withdrawal and or make my PSSD worse or crash it. 

if someone could please give me guidance and some advice or something, that would be greatly appreciated. I tag you Alto because you are the wisest, I joined a histamine group but I’m unsure if that is what I have 2000% it’s just a strange set of flare up and symptoms. But I really need some advice. The people in the histamine group suggest things, but I don’t know how it’ll effect me- being the special people we are healing from the medicine induced injuries. 

Thanks! I love you all here you kept me alive in my darkest times. I was literally gonna tell you the put the getting better sign until this happened. 

❤️

• Altostrata changed the title to OptimisticRP: hello - my story help me
  • Administrator

As @ChessieCat suggested:

Elimination or exclusion diets for reactions to food (food intolerance)

Histamine intolerance

You may wish to join Facebook groups specifically for coping with food intolerance.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw a gastroenterologist and I’ve been doing a fodmap and low histamine diet and it seems to be helping! 

my next question which I’m curious about is, I’ve had a tattoo appointment I’ve had to reschedule three times now and I can’t reschedule anymore or I’ll lose my 250$ deposit. I checked all the self help sections and it doesn’t seem people have had many issue with tattoos and I checked the ink my lady uses and it’s vegan and seems safe. Any suggestions?  Do you guys think tattoos good set me back ? Or make me worse? Or cause something bad to happen ? Let me know please 

@CharlieBrown

@Frogie

@Shep

@ChessieCat

let me know what you all think please and thank you. 

@OptimisticRP

I wish I could answer that. But that is something you will have to do on your own.

Just to let you know, I have 5 tat's and didn't have a problem with one I had done during wd. But everyone is different.

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

• 1 month later...

Hello, figured I’d write and update. The ups and downs are so interesting. I am at 10months now and at times I feel completely healed. Through all of this I’ve done school(idk how) and worked part time. I met a girl and we are happily dating for 4 months next week. And I went to my sisters sweet 16 with loud music and lights and danced the night away. And had really amazing times - even with the histamine intolerance issue and the random issues flaring up. I was even able to take a day trip to the MET with my girlfriend in July and had no issues.

Now out of no where, 10 months in I have seems to hit a wave where my brain fog and anhedonia have flared up badly and I don’t know what could have caused it. 

I had school which I’ve dealt with before. I had work(longer shifts) but still dealt with it fine 

I had my gf and I doing things (dealt with it before)

the only thing I can think of is the stress of going to Boston this past weekend to see a concert set me off. I also took a different brand of vitamin C but I’m also not sure how that would hurt me when others haven’t in the past. 
But I’m not sure how that would bring back brain fog and slight anhedonia. And make my mood drop out of no where. I felt awful at the concert and had to wait in the lobby for most of it because I kept feeling light headed. That being said I felt weird or in this wave for a week or so now and it’s gotten a little better than worse and I’m not doing anything but relaxing and meditating and eating right and trying to figure it out. 

symptoms it flared: 

Hypersensitive anxiety 

brain fog 

slight anhedonia 

nausea 

other symptoms status 

PSSD: 60-80% healed(naturally)

Lmk what you think! Please I’m coping as best as I can but I have everything I want know and been feeling great and then out of no where a wave makes me feel like I’m at square 1. Is that possible ? Or even though I feel bad I’m still healing?

@Altostrata

@brassmonkey

Edited by OptimisticRP
Added more info

• Administrator

Most likely, whatever rocking your system got will go away in a week or so. Unlikely the vitamin C was the culprit. Did you drink any alcohol?

59 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Most likely, whatever rocking your system got will go away in a week or so. Unlikely the vitamin C was the culprit. Did you drink any alcohol?

No alcohol I live a very clean lifestyle. And it’s been about a week since it started. However I think me going to Boston/the concert caused anxiety or panic, and that could have exasperated the initial wave. But yeah I’m just gonna take it day by day. You think I should continue taking supplements or take a break until I feel better?

Is it normal to feel so close to being healed and get a really bad wave like this? 

supplements I take consistently:

magnesium glycinate: 100MG

supplements I take as needed:

ginger lozenges: 6mg

peppermint capsule:

DAO enzyme 

vitamin C 

supplements taken inconsistently:

Omega 3’s: 2400 MG

Vitamin C : 500 MG

Also been eating low histamine diet and low fodmap stopped low fodmap two weeks ago. 

been eating a lot of rice with cilantro lately as well. But those are the only differences it has to be the overstimulation of the concert. 🤷🏻‍♂️ you guys are the experts so you know better than me and Alto I can never be able to thank you enough you’ve saved my life. And I’m forever grateful for you❤️ 

• Administrator

I don't think your supplements would cause any problems. Personally, I'm sensitive to cilantro, fyi.

17 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

I don't think your supplements would cause any problems. Personally, I'm sensitive to cilantro, fyi.

Okay maybe it was too much cilantro, I had it before with no issues though.

Must be a combination of things. You think it will pass though? I felt so close to my normal self and out of no where this wave comes and makes me feel the worst I have in 6 months. 

Could it be unrelated? I will say at the concert my nervous system felt very overwhelmed.  

you don’t think the cilantro could’ve chelated metals in my body into bad places and that caused the wave? 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Altostrata said:

Most likely, whatever rocking your system got will go away in a week or so.

Please let us know how you're doing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2022 at 6:37 PM, Altostrata said:

Please let us know how you're doing.

I feel a little better. Definitely improving. Me and my gf are taking a break and it’s been hard for me very sad and upsetting but she wants to focus on school. I went to follow up gastro appointment and he wants me to do a SIBO test but I have to take lactulose for the test - do you think that will flare my symptoms or cause any issues? It’s du to be on October 11th. Let me know what you think. 

Thank you for everything I really appreciate it❤️  

@Altostrata

• Administrator

Please research this procedure, its potential risks, and any adverse effects from lactulose.

6 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Please research this procedure, its potential risks, and any adverse effects from lactulose.

I did research them. But it has risks for regular people. I’m wondering if I should be even more concerned- it’s  why I asked you since running this website if you have noticed any issues with this test and lactulose with someone going through antidepressant withdrawal syndrome. All the information on the internet does not relate to people who have or are going through what we have with antidepressants and how our systems reacted. That’s why I ask you 😂 I spend a lot of time looking up everything I do to my body now. But it’s still hard to find out how my body will react to this stuff or if there is a trend that suggests it’s a bad idea for someone who is going  through withdrawal generally speaking. :) So if you could give me more insight Alto I’d appreciate it! Or maybe there is a different test I could do. 

@Altostrata