Anyone develop Fibromyalgia/CFS from wd/pws?

Gussy

Hi guys. It's been a long time since I've been here. I'm nearly 6 years off Effexor after an essential need to be off it as quick as possible. Please don't feel a need to respond too quickly, I know others need it more than me. I'm where I wanted to be in those darkest times and can't ask for much more after what came. I'm on the cusp of a fibromyalgia or cfs diagnosis with maybe even some ibs kind of stuff and I wonder if others or how many others may have developed these after wd/pws? Any responses will be appreciated and I wish everyone coming off all the best. It can be done. Happy new year to everyone too.

Edited by Gussy
Change a few words

Gussy

On effexor for at least 11 years. Last few years going through ivf treatment dose has ranged from 150-200mg. Mainly 150 though. Tapered from about 175mg mid jan 2017 to zero mid april 2017. 2&1/2 months of straight hell. Getting there now though.

Also, might anyone have noticed body hair loss around the time they came off or in pws?

Gussy

On effexor for at least 11 years. Last few years going through ivf treatment dose has ranged from 150-200mg. Mainly 150 though. Tapered from about 175mg mid jan 2017 to zero mid april 2017. 2&1/2 months of straight hell. Getting there now though.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone?

Gussy

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh Gussy,

Prexisting topics- 

Fibromyalgia Flare Up and Withdrawals

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, ME, CFS

and

Hair loss, poor condition, body hair, excessive hair growth

I am guessing that there may be something in each of those topics that addresses your concerns.  And then you could post again there, in those topics, after reading through them, if you want to discuss more.

Congrats too, on 6 years off Effexor.

I'll go and notify you from your own topic in Introductions next, so you do find your way back there if you have not already.

To do a search on this site, for any topic, which we do recommend before starting a new topic in S and SC or anywhere really, we have a whole topic:

How to Do a Site Search on Surviving Antidepressants

So please don't hesitate to Search First, prior to starting a new topic anywhere.  That really helps us keep the site tidy and organized, ........and then saves us moderators time too......so we don't have to merge and move so many posts to the appropriate topic that is already in existence.

Okay.....well, hope any of those help, if even a little bit.  So many symptoms with protracted WD and I know it's always nice to know that you are not alone with symptoms.

Best.  L, P, H, and G,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Important Information

Terms of Use Privacy Policy