Iggy131313 validation is imminent

Iggy131313

• Administrator

No more questions for me, Iggy. I've explained to you all I can.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Iggy131313

• Altostrata

• btdt

• Skyler

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to push meds on you and I don't like meds anymore than you but klonopin at a low dose has pretty much got rid of my akathisia and my dad has taken benzos for thirty years with no problems and no increase in dose. Limictal would be worth looking at too I think. But I get that you are afraid of meds but if something works just a little might be worth it.

April 2013 Doc put me back on 40mg of celexa for 2.5 weeks than switched to Paxil 3 weeks adverse reaction and kindling reaction
July 2013 5mg celexa and .5mg klonopin daily

5/15/16 started lamictal and currently at 25mg daily once a day.

1/1/17 crossed over from .5mg klonopin to 10mg Valium.

3/1/17 off celexa from getting down to around .25mg.

5/25/17 started tapering the Valium from 10mg to 9mg

6/25/17 dropped down to 8mg Valium 

currently on 8mg of Valium and 25mg of lamictal once a day in the morning never could handle more than 25mg of lamictal and never really felt anything from it.

7/2/17 updosed to 10mg Valium and holding split twice a day and holding.

3/1/18 dropped Valium from 10mg to 9.5mg

4/1/18 dropped Valium from 9.5 to 9mg still on 25mg lamictal.

Updosed 6/20/18 Valium 10mg and 25mg lamictal and holding.

• 1 month later...

So here I am, 5 and a half months into this hold on 0.48 and just when i thought things couldnt get any worse....they did

in late september and early october i had 4 windows, these windows lasted hours never a full day and didnt happen togather, one day here and one day there, but i felt a little better for a few hours and was able to nearly function, i walked to the local shops etc with only minimal suffering, enough to make me cry, but not to beg to be killed.

now this week, just over a week ago i was slammed with the acute again, im wondering if like those who are drug free who go into acute at 5-6 months off, this is whats happening to me in this hold, especially as I had such a major crash when i started to hold.

the symptoms I am having are

severe akathisia

severe anxiety/terror

severe dp/dr

severe ginital hyperarousal

severe head sensations and migrinaes

hallucinations

hearing voices

sever anguish

severe confision

unable to communicate with anyone

unable to distract in anyway

all I can do is lay in bed rocking and screaming and begging to be killed, this is not hyperbole, this is my life..i have no idea how i made it this far and i have no idea how to move forward when things just get worse and worse all the time...others may tell me im not the worst case ever seen, but they dont know what my life has become or the 24/7 agony i am in....and from everything ive read, even if this goes away then severe anhedonia sets in and that may be even worse, i dont know.

im hoping and praing to every god out there that this current wave is the acute phase of 5/6-8/9 months, that some poeple say doesnt exsist but from every stroy I have read and peope i have spoken to it seems its a real thing, so if it is that perhaps I can hang onto the hope that in a few months it may pass and i might start to improve,

im utterly terrified of what the future holds, from what i can see, its much more f this for a few years, then severe anhedonia and cfs, loss of creativity and wit and sense of self, its not looking good for me,

all I can do is beg for god to let me die, i have no idea what to do or where to turn, if a drug could help me i would take it, i would do anything, even if it gave me 5 years and then i would drop dead, id take it and be grateful...i have no hope anymore, and just see my little angel boy growing up without a mother,,,im in exactly the same place I was 12 months ago, just as sick, just as hopeless, in fact much more hopeless as at east I had only been suffering for 5 mnths this time last year, and here i am 17 months with no improvemnts, and the more stpries i read the more i see how endless this really is...and i dont mean for everyone, i mean for poeple in the severe state that i am in, and you must understand that on the bell curve that people talk about, im at the worst end of that, the very worst...

yesterday laying screaming rocking in bed, unable to see, hallucinating, didnt understand where i was or who i was, akathisia torturing my mind and body, genital arousal making me feel like im being assulted and driving me to insanity, shear terror and dread racking through me at unbeliveable levels, hearing people shouting my name and music that is not there, discordant piano music, knowing somehwre deep in my mind that i have a son, that i love but not being able to see him, i havent seen him for a week, he cannot see me like this.

there is no hope left, its impossible that there is any coming back from this level, and for those who have been to this place all tell me the same thing, that when i does pass, anhedonia settles in and they say it is even worse, I know one person who has had severe anhedonia for more than 10 years....ssri, nothing else, ssri

im looking at the possibility of HBOT to help, it would be the last thing i did before i called it a day, i owe it to my son to try everything i can think of, although at this point i have given up all hope, truely given up, i know i cannot heal, that much is clear to me, and im so scared about whats going to happen, so so scared..

I just thought i would update here, i dont know why, but i thought i would. no one has to reply to me, unless you have an opinion on the 5 months thing, could it be the acute wave even though im still on a microdose?

and if anyone has any experience with hbot for withdrawal i would be interested to know, I have spoken to one woman who swears it healed her severe benzo withdrawal, thats why im interested.

damaged by citalopram - severe suffering for 3 years now...no improvement

akathsiia, pgad, dp/dr, terror, and so SO many more daily

severly disabled and lost everything

• Moderator Emeritus

Iggy, I'm sorry you are feeling so wretched, but this is beyond what anyone here can offer.

Please print out your post and go to a doctor or ER, show it to them because explaining when you get there

will be difficult. Hallucinations, hearing voices and confusion are serious and if it is not possible for you to 

get through each day with hope of eventual relief then you need to get professional help. 

I wish there was something I could do,it is distressing to hear someone crying out and be powerless to help. 

I really hope that you can find someone who will understand and help. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

thanks for your post MP, but thats the last thing i would be doing, i was just updating where im at, if i went to a dr and told them that they would section me, and i dont need that.

i shouldnt have posted, it seems im too severe to post.

there is no help that could help me and no, i have no hope left, 

i said no one had to reply, and although your post was very kind, being told to go to a dr is the last thing i need, i guss it really is hopeless for me, i thought others would have had the same things

I think you should go for the hbot. Also acupuncture if it available. I'm sorry, Iggy.

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Zyprexa started about 9/06, mostly 5mg. Tapered 4/12 through12/29/12

Wellbutrin. XL 300 mg started 1/07, tapered 1/18/13 through 7/8/13

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

7.4.14 Started Walsh Protocol

56 years old

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry Iggy I didn't mean to upset you. I know you don't want to go to the doctor,that is how we all got into this.

It's just that you were feeling suicidal before and now feel even worse. I really feel for you and worry that it's all

too much.  I don't know what hbot is but I hope you can get some relief real soon. 

**I am not a medical professional, if in doubt please consult a doctor with withdrawal knowledge.

Different drugs occasionally (mostly benzos) 1976 - 1981 (no problem)

1993 - 2002 in and out of hospital. every type of drug + ECT. Staring with seroxat

2002  effexor. 

Tapered  March 2012 to March 2013, ending with 5 beads.

Withdrawal April 2013 . Reinstated 5 beads reduced to 4 beads May 2013

Restarted taper  Nov 2013  

OFF EFFEXOR Feb 2015    :D 

Tapered atenolol and omeprazole Dec 2013 - May 2014

Tapering tramadol, Feb 2015 100mg , March 2015 50mg  

July 2017 30mg.  May 15 2018 25mg

Taking fish oil, magnesium, B12, folic acid, bilberry eyebright for eye pressure. 

My story http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4199-hello-mammap-checking-in/page-33

Lesson learned, slow down taper at lower doses. Taper no more than 10% of CURRENT dose if possible

if a drug could help me i would take it, i would do anything, even if it gave me 5 years and then i would drop dead, id take it and be grateful..

Iggy I have mentioned this to you in the past and I will mention it again because you need something to help you get some relief.  Not one of us wants to see you suffer like this.

Antidepressants have saved lives.  Yes, they have hurt alot of us too.  When there is a choice of taking something to settle down, take the medicine.

There are options available to you.  It doesn't have to be like this.  I don't know what HBot is, sorry.  Why don't you just go to your doctor and tell him that your anxiety and depression and other symptoms what you have listed.  Let him prescribe something.

Xanax which is addictive will curb your anxiety and make you relax a bit.  If ssri's do not agree with you, he/she may prescribe a tricyclic which will help with anxiety/depression.  Tell him  you want something simple just to stop the anxiety and unwind.

This is what I would do.  If you are afraid of being sectioned, go to the doctor, not the Emergency Room.  Make the appointment tomorrow and tell them it is urgent.

Help is available.  You have choices.  Go to crazymeds.com and look up medications for anxiety.  Learn about them.  Give yourself the chance to see that something may work for you.  You can only try. 

Hang in there and make that appointment.....

Hugs

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

Iggy,

Do you have access to hyperbaric oxygen therapy? I don't know much about it, but it sounds like an interesting option.

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

• Moderator Emeritus

now this week, just over a week ago i was slammed with the acute again, im wondering if like those who are drug free who go into acute at 5-6 months off, this is whats happening to me in this hold, especially as I had such a major crash when i started to hold.

Exactly the same time I started having acute symptoms again, after several months of what seemed like fairly consistent, smoothish windows and waves of recovery.

I'm not as intense as what it sounds like you are, but certainly a relapse to earlier, intense symptoms.

I attributed my down turn to icecream, chocolate and sugar, but your theory of 5 -6 months could be a possibility because I quit all psyche drugs completely in May.

Another theory which may play a part in influencing the timing of our windows and waves is solar activity.  Because our nervous systems are sensitized by withdrawal, we may be more sensitive to the increasing energy coming from the sun at the moment.  It was relatively quiet for a few months, but has suddenly ramped up again with lots of M and X class flares, disrupting earths geomagnetic field (and us I assume).

I'm sorry it has got bad again Iggy, and like others here, I wish there was something I could do to help.  If I lived close, we could keep each other company while trying to get through this, but I don't.

I sometimes get to a point where I think I can't take it for one more second and wonder if perhaps there is some medication I could take which would work and think about making a doctor appointment, but so far, I haven't done it, and probably wont.

You have to do what you think is best for you, including trying HBOT if you have the resources for it.

I hope you pull out of this bad wave soon, but like others have suggested, if you get to a point where you can't endure it, please seek real life help from someone who can actually do something, even if it means trying another kind of medication.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

Thankyou all for your support, petu you theory about the sun us very interesting, i know its due to flip upside down or something odd soon, my god, that will probably kill me off if this is the suns activity!!

But I feel instinctivly that this is the 5/6 month mark and thats what is causing this superwave, I just hope and pray it will pass, I mean, I look at this time last year I was the same as this, and then in march out of nowhere a wonderful wundow opened, until I f*****ed it all up missing the dose that day and was sent back into this again, im trying to hold on to that

Nikki, your intentions are good but I dont have anxiety and depression, I have severe akathisia, and no medication is going to help with that, others may not agree with me but I have severe brain damage caused by these meds, or the too fast removal off them, i know 6 poeple who have had a speact scan and the results are always the same, severe blood restriction to the frontal cortex and temporal lobes, no medication is going to cure that.

the only med i could possibly tolerate is a benzo, but they are not prescribed here for long term use, the most i could get is 2 weeks worth, and in the end I would kindle myself further, reach tolerance very quickly, I have read enough accounts of people trying other meds, and it doesnt work, it really does not work, not when your this far gone, all I can do cling desperatly to hope, but i dint know

yes HBOT is a possibility, I am looking more into it but am also scared, the woman who runs the hbot group says she healed herself from sever benzo withdrawal using hbot, and as the 6 people who have had a spect show blood restriction and brain damage then maybe it could help i dont know, im giving it till march and then i will make a choice then, i cant make any choices right now,  i cant remember yesterday and my confusion is severe

I have never come across someone who has had a a spect scan and it been clear, plenty of MRIs and CT scans, but never a spect, of course i only know 6 people who have had one, but for them all to have had the same results, it seems too much of a coincidence, i would like to have one myself but am too scared of the injection of radioactive tracer that they have to give you, if i react as i do to fish oil, i doubt i wold tolerate that very well

so another day in hell for me, hanging on, trying to think about others who have had it as bad as me and are making a recovery, trying to hold on to hope that no matter how long it takes at some point i will improve, even if i cant heal, I talking on the phone later with someone who is nearly 10 years off and still very very sick, but has made some progress over the years, i thnk, perhaps this person was as bad as I am, so im hoping speaking to them may calm me a little, even though it took them 5 years to start to see any signs of recovery

Hmmm, I got bad last year in November, better in March, now bad in November...maybe that says something else about the sun.

1st round Prozac 1989/90, clear depression symptoms. 2nd round Prozac started 1999 when admitted to dr. I was tired. Prozac pooped out, switch to Cymbalta 3/2006. Diagnosed with bipolar disorder due to mania 6/2006--then I was taken abruptly off Cymbalta and didn't know I had SSRI withdrawal. Lots of meds for my intractable "bipolar" symptoms.

Oxazepam mostly continuously since 6/06, 30mg since 12/12, tapered 1.17.14 through 8.26.15

11/06 Lithium 600mg twice daily, 2.2.14 400mg TID DIY liquid, 2.12.14 1150mg, 3.2.14 1100mg, 3.18.14 1075mg, 4/14 updose to 1100mg, 6.1.14 900 mg capsules 7.8.14 810mg, 8.17.14 725mg, 8.24.24 700mg...10.22.14 487.5mg, 3.9.15 475mg, 4.1.15 462.5mg 4.21.15 450mg 8.11.15 375mg, 11.28.15 362.5mg, back to 375mg four days later, 3.4.16 updose to 475 (too much going on to risk trouble)

9/4/13 Toprol-XL 25mg daily for sudden hypertension, tapered 11.12.13 through 5.3.14, last 10 days or so switched to atenolol

56 years old

Hmmm, I got bad last year in November, better in March, now bad in November...maybe that says something else about the sun.

Also wondering if the Daylight Savings Time change has effected us, but not certain if the UK does that..?

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

yes but we do it earlier than you guys, mid october, it effected me somewhat, but this is pure and simple severe brain damage, im in a world of pain and torment, unable to speak to my family, just moan and wail and cry and howl, 

• 2 months later...

Hello !

I am new here. I see that you did not post last months, but if you look here, i would lke to ask you what type of acathisia you have.

your suffering is immense, i admire your strength.

best, w.

Put on trazadone for 8 weeks. Psychic akathisia started on 100 mg. Not a single doctor believed me telling me it is all anxiety in my head. Terrible suicidal urges. Got voluntary hospitalised. Acknoledged adverse reaction, put me off cold turkey. Instalated mirtazapine to block the reaction of trazadone. 5 weeks on mirtazapine.acathisia worsened, suicidal, homicidal urges. Nobody believed. Finally they stopped mirtazapine cold turkey. My heighest dose of trazadone was 200 mg, of mirtazapine 30 mg. Since the c/t, suicidal, acathisia continuing.

tried promethazine for sleep. Tried atarax. Currently taking klonopin for 10 days. Good for sleep, but my condition worsening. Unable to tell if it is klonopin or a bad wave.

In the former hospital i took twice gabapentin. It should be all my medication.

i was offered promethazin for sleep 25 mg and also small amount of quetiapine. Both are antipsychotics, even if ptomethszin very weak. Terribly afraid.

Iggy, been thinking of you alot and wondering how you are. Fingers crossed things have been a little better and you're not suffering as much. Xxxxxxxx

• 4 weeks later...

GiaK, may I ask why your not keen on the gene testing? Im considering having some but scared of the results..im also having a methylation profile done so please let us all know what Dr Kessler advises you, im sure it will be so helpful for any of us who have this issue. x

Hi Iggy, I saw your post on Methylation. I can see you are still very smart and thinking about lots of things. How else are you?

56 years old

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Iggy,

When you don't post 'anywhere', I wonder how you are doing, and hope that its better.  I'm glad you are still with us and looking for answers.  Has anything changed for you over the last few months?  If you are up to it, an update would be good.

Petu.

I'm not a doctor.  My comments are not medical advise. These are my opinions based on my own experience and what I've learned. Please discuss your situation with a medical practitioner who has knowledge of tapering and withdrawal...if you are lucky enough to find one.

My Introduction Thread

Full Drug and Withdrawal History

Brief Summary

Several SSRIs for 13 years starting 1997 (for mild to moderate partly situational anxiety) Xanax PRN ~ Various other drugs over the years for side effects

2 month 'taper' off Lexapro 2010

Short acute withdrawal, followed by 2 -3 months of improvement then delayed protracted withdrawal

DX ADHD followed by several years of stimulants and other drugs trying to manage increasing symptoms

Failed reinstatement of Lexapro and trial of Prozac (became suicidal)

May 2013 Found SA, learned about withdrawal, stopped taking drugs...healing begins.

Protracted withdrawal, with a very sensitized nervous system, slowly recovering as time passes

Supplements which have helped: Vitamin C, Magnesium, Taurine

Bad reactions: Many supplements but mostly fish oil and Vitamin D

June 2016 - Started daily juicing, mostly vegetables and lots of greens.

Aug 2016 - Oct 2016 Best window ever, felt almost completely recovered

Oct 2016 -Symptoms returned - bad days and less bad days.

April 2018 - No windows, but significant improvement, it feels like permanent full recovery is close.

VIDEO: Where did the chemical imbalance theory come from?

VIDEO: How are psychiatric diagnoses made?

VIDEO: Why do psychiatric drugs have withdrawal syndromes?

VIDEO: Can psychiatric drugs cause long-lasting negative effects?

VIDEO: Dr. Claire Weekes

oh, and cmusic, if you have the COMT gene mutation then methylfolate will have this reaction, there are suggestions on alternatives but i dont know enough about it to advise or even suggest..... Im interested in people opinions on gene tests, as I am wanting to have one and see if I can sort things out a little.

Im suspecting I have COMT, and MAO and MTHFR gene mutations, also I would stringly suspect a have the SOUX and CBS mutations meaning I cannot metabolise sulpher, its all a bit scary in one way, but good in another as it could be something to work on and even help, and MAYBE even heal

Its now my guess that PGAD is related to massive levels of Nitric Oxide, I think this for 2 reasons..

1) that ssris are an NO suppressant, therefore we could have a massive rebound on coming off them...

2) I have spken to various people who have severe histamine issues who have reported having this....also histamine raises NO massivly

I have it, its awful, and I have spoken to many other people who have it, it has gone away for some of them, and alot of the people I have spoken to who have also experienced akathisia relate the sensation to that, as I do too.....in fact one male friend called it cockathisia, very apt....

and I have spoken with dr Goldmeier, he is USELESS, says this has nothing to do with the brain but the pudendal nerve...that might be true in some, but in the cases of ssri induced PGAD, its not damage to the pudendal nerve or tarlov cysts, its some kind of dopamine and/or nitric oxide issue IMO

I agree with Alto that the MTHFR wont be responsible for our issues, however there have been many reports recently that pestiside exposure etc can lead to methylation dysfunction...and ssris seem to have the same neurotoxic effects as pesticides, thats certainly how shipko describes it...

the important thing here may be to get the mutations of all out genes, it might be that those of us with severe mutations have protracted withdrawal, nit the casue of the issue, thats the ssri, but something that is preventing healing from it...its been nearly 2 years for me now with minor periods of improvement that never last long, I am still houseridden mostly and often bed ridden and intensly suicidal due to the extreme suffering...

if I am +/+ for MOA and COMT that would explain things, its a possibility that kindling is that ssris change the gene itself so we can no longer metabolise serotonin and/or dopamine, but thats pure speculation....but surely methylation issues will compound this problem...also I have seen people posting about mitachondrial damage, and that ties in with methylation also..

I guess Im just desperate for there to be something to treat...

I did find a negative correlation between uric acid levels and symptoms, as I still belive that the NO/ONNO cycle is a big part of the problem, and peroxynitrite is in part responsible for this syndrome...uric acid is a potant scavenger of peroxynittrite.....that is also backed up by the fact that histamine increases NO and many people do better on a low histamine diet...I have just read that hydroxy b12 is a nitric oxide scavenger and Im wondering if i could tolerate it

but I am going to get the 23and me genetic testing done, and hope it might give me ome clues as what i should do

Iggy, If I were as sick as you, I would be pursuing this much more intensely. I am just having a regular, crappy withdrawal from too many drugs. I feel like the drugs I am still on make it impossible to know where I am health-wise. You're a different matter. Who are you working with?

56 years old

Im not working with anyone, I cant afford to, I cant work and my husband cannot work as he has to be there for our son, and apparently for me (doent happen) i want to belive that methylation could be a contributing factor but alto says its barking up the wrong tree and Im scared of spending the little money I might manage to save up on nothing

i have no idea about ammonia, I eat organic only, mostly gaps, but without the fermented foods as im mindful of histamine, i take a great probiotic and fish oil....vit D I have seen harm alot of people in withdrawal so i wouldt dare try it,. epsom salts i had alot but now Im scared of upregulated CBS or SOUX mutations meaning i cannot tolerate sulpher...whats the deal with ammonia? its something to do with COMT right?

I think you know a lot more than I do! I really hope you fine something helpful.

56 years old

Hi Iggy,

I am glad to see you are still with us. Things must be a tiny bit better for you that you are able to post again. You sound better.

What happened and how I arrived here: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/4243-cymbaltawithdrawal5600-introduction/#entry50878

July 2016 I have decided to leave my story here at SA unfinished. I have left my contact information in my profile for anyone who wishes to talk to me. I have a posting history spanning nearly 4 years and 3000+ posts all over the site.

Thank you to all who participated in my recovery. I'll miss talking to you but know that I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines, suffering and rejoicing with you in spirit, as you go on in your journey.

• Moderator Emeritus

i have no idea about ammonia, I eat organic only, mostly gaps, but without the fermented foods as im mindful of histamine, i take a great probiotic and fish oil....vit D I have seen harm alot of people in withdrawal so i wouldt dare try it,. epsom salts i had alot but now Im scared of upregulated CBS or SOUX mutations meaning i cannot tolerate sulpher...whats the deal with ammonia? its something to do with COMT right?

Hey Caroline.. that's quite the diet you are on.. good stuff. Good to hear from you!

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Its now my guess that PGAD is related to massive levels of Nitric Oxide, I think this for 2 reasons..

1) that ssris are an NO suppressant, therefore we could have a massive rebound on coming off them...

2) I have spken to various people who have severe histamine issues who have reported having this....also histamine raises NO massivly

I have it, its awful, and I have spoken to many other people who have it, it has gone away for some of them, and alot of the people I have spoken to who have also experienced akathisia relate the sensation to that, as I do too.....in fact one male friend called it cockathisia, very apt....

and I have spoken with dr Goldmeier, he is USELESS, says this has nothing to do with the brain but the pudendal nerve...that might be true in some, but in the cases of ssri induced PGAD, its not damage to the pudendal nerve or tarlov cysts, its some kind of dopamine and/or nitric oxide issue IMO

Could you tell me what you mean by NO please?

WARNING THIS WILL BE LONG
Had a car accident in 85
Codeine was the pain med when I was release from hosp continuous use till 89
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

There is a crack in everything ..That's how the light gets in :)

I have no understanding of this, but from reading through it, NO apparently means Nitric Oxide.

2006-Cymbalta 60mg for lyme disease2009-Quit Cymbalta c/tFeb. 2010-Reinstated 60mg CymMar.2010 to May.2012 tapered Cym to 36mgMay 2012-Crossed over to 30mg CelexaMay 2012-Oct.2013 Tapered Celexa down to 2.5mgOct.2013-Switched to 30 beads CymbaltaDec.4,2013-Stopped Cymbalta at 17 beads<p>Akathisia hit at 6 wks off and continuesNow taking melatonin when needed for sleep.

Thanks I am going to see what I can learn about it.

" produced naturally during the electrical discharges of lightning inthunderstorms.

In mammals including humans, NO is an important cellular signaling molecule involved in many physiological and pathological processes.[4] It is a powerful vasodilator with a short half-life of a few seconds in the blood.

, NO is an important biological regulator and is a fundamental component in the fields ofneurosciencephysiology, and immunology, with discovery of its key roles leading to Nobel Prize-winning research in these areas. It was proclaimed “Molecule of the Year” in 1992

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nitric_oxide

Did a quick read of this and think there are clues all over this article in how it could relate to a lot of our troubles.  Could be a part of it small or large... could be yet another wild goose chase but I am use to that.

Science relating to NO

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/10898603 

1. Antidepressant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antidepressant‎
    •  
    •  

Antidepressants are drugs used for the treatment of major depressive disorder .....Moreover, SSRIs inhibit nitric oxide synthesis, which leads to vasoconstriction. ... of these drugs largely derives from their suppressant effects on REM sleep.

Places to start if anyone else is interested in taking a look at this I am... seem to be a bit hit and miss lately so not sure when... soon I hope. 

Had a car accident in 85
Given PROZAC by a specialist to help with nerve pain in my leg 89-90 not sure which year
Was not told a thing about it being a psych med thought it was a pain killer no info about psych side effects I went nuts had hallucinations. As I had a head injury and was diagnosed with a concussion in 85 I was sent to a head injury clinic in 1990 five years after the accident. I don't think they knew I had been on prozac I did not think it a big deal and never did finish the bottle of pills. I had tests of course lots of them. Was put into a pain clinic and given amitriptyline which stopped the withdrawal but had many side effects. But I could sleep something I had not done in a very long time the pain lessened. My mother got cancer in 94 they switched my meds to Zoloft to help deal with this pressure as I was her main care giver she died in 96. I stopped zoloft in 96 had withdrawal was put on paxil went nutty quit it ct put on resperidol quit it ct had withdrawal was put on Effexor... 2years later celexa was added 20mg then increased to 40mg huge personality change went wild. Did too fast taper off Celexa 05 as I felt unwell for a long time prior... quit Effexor 150mg ct 07 found ****** 8 months into withdrawal learned some things was banned from there in 08 have kept learning since. there is really not enough room here to put my history but I have a lot of opinions about a lot of things especially any of the drugs mentioned above.
One thing I would like to add here is this tidbit ALL OPIATES INCREASE SEROTONIN it is not a huge jump to being in chronic pain to being put on an ssri/snri and opiates will affect your antidepressants and your thinking.

As I do not update much I will put my quit date Nov. 17 2007 I quit Effexor cold turkey. 

http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1096-introducing-myself-btdt/

" endothelial nitric oxide (NO) during acute vascular response to hypoxia, as a modulator of both vascular tone (through guanylate cyclase (sGC) activation) and mitochondrial O2 consumption"

in vessels in function of the concentration of O2: as O2 falls, NO inhibition of mitochondrial O2 consumption increases and activation of sGC decreases, thus promoting a rapid increase in tone in both pulmonary and systemic vessels, which is followed by the triggering of NO-independent vasodilator/vasoconstrictor mechanisms.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1089860313003479

What I think it means.  

I know that after prozac I was dx with chronic fatigue /fibro. 

In chronic fatigue it has been suggested the mitochondria cannot use the oxygen properly and so you can't function due to cell dysfunction.  Pain fatigue and inability to think clearly and sleep are some of the symptoms. This is what I know already from 20 plus years of dealing with this. I could look some things up and put some links here if that would help others if I the information is still available (I will tell you and everyone else I have found articles often scientific articles that disappear off the internet soon after I find them... I started making copies of what I found long ago for this reason have had loss of info due to computer metl downs if i were just one bit more paranoid than I am I would suggest here that somebody does not want this known and goes to extremes to see that it isn't known) done rant. 

NO may be what is causing the mitochondria to fail by the looks of it they still don't have it figured out. 

I have had so many symptoms going cold turkey it would be a long list... I do not know which symptoms could be related to the mitochondria.  I do however suspect these symptoms can gradually improve over time as the body tries to heal this system.  In chronic fatigue/fibro it would have to be said if this is the cause the healing is incomplete as people suffer with this particular disorder for a lifetime. In my experience the symptoms vary. 

Part of my Effexor cold turkey melt down was not being able to breath.  I  could not lay down sat up to sleep for a very long time.  At one emerg visit a respiratory specialist was called in to evaluate me he told me I had chronic obstructive pulmonary disease ... I just looked at him and said no I don't.  That COPD is a gradual ongoing lung disorder this came on quickly and I suddenly can't function can't breath laying down ect... I was in no shape to argue and just gave up... they treated the symptoms as usual.

I will be looking at this more as time goes on trying to understand the long term effects and how they may be overcome.

One of the key treatments used to treat chronic pain and fatigue of this disorder is exercise and relaxation ... It is in no way a cure I think a cure is still possible. Whatever the breathing issue I had in cold turkey they were for sure in my view related to withdrawal not some ongoing lung disorder. COPD does not improve what I had did improve. There were many other symptoms I had at the time.. this is just one.  

Had a car accident in 85

I found this on pp...

http://psy.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/.../full/40/3/268

Here s an article on how SSRI'S decrease levels of nitric oxide synthase. My therapist and I are thinking there might be some kind of connection. There are several articles about the interplay between Nitric Oxide, Dopamine, seratonine and other neruotransmitters. 

posted by someonehelp8

http://www.paxilprogress.org/forums/showthread.php?p=678604

The link posted is 404 no longer available.  Do you have another source for science to back up this statement. 

"

1) that ssris are an NO suppressant, therefore we could have a massive rebound on coming off them..."

Had a car accident in 85

• 5 weeks later...

what that nitric oxide is surpressed by NO? Healy told me and there is alos loads of info out there on it

another thing about NO is that histamine causes NO release, this could be why we have histamine issues but not classic histamine symptoms

Im in hell, I have been severe severe for weeks, unable to speak to my family or move, i scream out loud at the akathisia and anxiety, im hallucinating both auido and visual, i can feel my brain dying, no one can tell me im not the most severe case ever seen, as they dont have to live my life or feel what i feel...

i would take this kind of severity if it was a kind of illness where i could lay down and just feel like im going to die, but this I cannot find peace anywhere 2 years of this, no breaks, i want to die and beg for death everyday

i do think NO plays a part, not everything but i feel its one of the very very dangerous free radicals that add to out issues, more of the NO/OONO cycle and peroxynitrite being the main problem, but NO brings its own symptoms and problems, like the pgad

i pray to god that he takes merccy on me soon and lets me die, I have spoken with dignitas who will accept me if i get a letter saying im of sound enough mind to make this desicion, healy hasnt decided if he will provide me with this yet..and i dont have 5000 to spend on it, but hopefully one day my dream will come true and i will be allowed to die a death in peace and with dignity with people i love with me at the end, its all over for me

I'm so sorry Iggy. I am in truly heart broken for you. Akathisia is a terrible, torcherous condition.

I cannot describe the feeling to anyone, because simply ...there are no words.

I pray for you, like I pray for everyone suffering like this. Our children ...extra prayers for them.

2008 - Doctors appointment with stress induced anxiety led to Citalopram prescription.

Severe adverse reaction

Mirtazapine prescribed - adverse reaction but told to stay on.

Poop out - December 2013

15mg

Currently on 13.5mg,

April 12mg

May 10th - 11mg

June 10th - 10mg

July 8th - 9mg

September - 0mg