☼ Brassmonkey: Talking about myself

brassmonkey

• Moderator Emeritus

The scale used to drive me crazy.  Liquid has been so much easier!

2001–2002 paroxetine

2003  citalopram

2004-2008  paroxetine (various failed tapers) 
2008  paroxetine slow taper down to

2016  Aug off paroxetine
2016  citalopram May 20mg  Oct 15mg … slow taper down
2018  citalopram 13 Feb 4.6mg 15 Mar 4.4mg 29 Apr 4.2mg 6 Jul 4.1mg 17 Aug 4.0mg  18 Nov 3.8mg
2019  15 Mar 3.6mg  21 May 3.4mg  26 Dec 3.2mg 

2020  19 Feb 3.0mg 19 Jul 2.9mg 16 Sep 2.8mg 25 Oct 2.7mg 23 Oct 2.6mg 24 Dec 2.5mg

2021   29 Aug 2.4mg   15 Nov 2.3mg

Moving out of the fatigue and in to the aches and pains department.  My left eyebrow has been twitching nonstop for a couple of days now and I'm getting the achy, sore, over worked feeling in my calves.  With a few misc. twitching muscles thrown in for good measure.  Monica has been having super bad stomach trouble all week so the situational stress is way up there too.  Get this weekend over with and things should settle down.  The workshop for Saturday is almost ready, just a little shopping on the way home tonight and a little prep work this evening and that is a go.  Monica's business conference ends tomorrow so that will be out of the way. Now just so we don't melt from the heat.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Yes i had twitching all over but esp in left eyelid and legs. It is still going on even now.

Come to think of it the eyelid twitching appears to have recently receded but as i type i have it in my legs even now.

Wouldnt mind some of that great California  heat down this way at the moment.

Thought for the day: Lets stand up, and let’s speak out , together. G Olsen

We have until the 14th. Feb 2018. 

URGENT REQUEST Please consider submitting  for the petition on Prescribed Drug Dependence and Withdrawal currently awaiting its third consideration at the Scottish Parliament. You don't even have to be from Scotland. By clicking on the link below you can read some of the previous submissions but be warned many of them are quite harrowing.

http://www.parliament.scot/GettingInvolved/Petitions/PE01651   

Please tell them about your problems taking and withdrawing from antidepressants and/or benzos.

Send by email to petitions@parliament.scot and quote PE01651 in the subject heading. Keep to a maximum of 3 sides of A4 and you can't name for legal reasons any doctor you have consulted. Tell them if you wish to remain anonymous. We need the numbers to help convince the committee members we are not isolated cases. You have until mid February. Thank you

Recovering paxil addict

None of the published articles shed light on what ssri's ... actually do or what their hazards might be. Healy 2013. 

This is so true, with anything you get on these drugs, dependance, tapering, withdrawal symptoms, side effects, just silent. And if there is something mentioned then their is a serious disconnect between what is said and reality! 

"Every time I read of a multi-person shooting, I always presume that person had just started a SSRI or had just stopped."  Dr Mosher. Me too! 

Over two decades later, the number of antidepressant prescriptions a year is slightly more than the number of people in the Western world. Most (nine out of 10) prescriptions are for patients who faced difficulties on stopping, equating to about a tenth of the population. These patients are often advised to continue treatment because their difficulties indicate they need ongoing treatment, just as a person with diabetes needs insulin. Healy 2015

I believe the ssri era will soon stand as one of the most shameful in the history of medicine. Healy 2015

Let people help people ... in a natural, kind, non-addictive (and non-big pharma) way. J Broadley 2017

Been too hot to feel much of anything.  It has been running 104F/40C for about a week now.  Great weather for the brush fires though, and we have a bunch of them.  They are bad enough when they are in the hills outside of town, but when they get into the greebelts and riverbeds in town it gets scary. Not in emanate danger personally closest one is a good 5 miles off, but still. 

Time to start my next slide already, so dropped to 18mgpw this morning.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

Moving out of the fatigue and in to the aches and pains department.  My left eyebrow has been twitching nonstop for a couple of days now and I'm getting the achy, sore, over worked feeling in my calves.  With a few misc. twitching muscles thrown in for good measure.  Monica has been having super bad stomach trouble all week so the situational stress is way up there too.  Get this weekend over with and things should settle down.  The workshop for Saturday is almost ready, just a little shopping on the way home tonight and a little prep work this evening and that is a go.  Monica's business conference ends tomorrow so that will be out of the way. Now just so we don't melt from the heat.

Hi Brassmonkey ~ thought I would stop by and see how you are doing. It was so kind of you to say hello and welcome me to SA! I'm sorry to see that you are experience all this! I have to say, it is amazing to me how long it takes to get off these meds. What incredible strength everyone has here!

1991-2016 Zoloft, Klonopine, Wellbutrin added in 2000 2016 Lexapro, Klonopin, Wellbutrin 2016-2017 Effexor, Lamotrigine, Nortriptyline, Abilify, Cymbalta, Klonopin, Seroquel, Lexapro- slow taper 2016 2018-2021 Cymbalta 60 mg, Lexapro liquid 5ml/5mg (Apr 1, .26 ml/.26 mg) Klonopin 0.5 mg, Seroquel 20 mg. 4/1/21 added Magnesium and omega 3 oil. 9/21 Lexapro 0.15 mg. 10/20/21 Lex 0.14 mg. 8/9/22 Lex 0.15 ml/0.15 mg drop to 0.13 ml/0.13 mg; Klon 0.5 mg; Seroq 12.5 mg; Dulox 60 mg; Magnesium Chlor 1000 mg; Multi Vit; Omega Oil; probiotic. 10/2/22 Jumped off Lex at .018 mgs. 7/4/23 Seroq 0.55mgs (-0.5 1wk)

Hi Freeby60--  thanks for dropping in.  I really like truing to make you new folk feel at home, WD is such a daunting thing.  When I first joined another forum for this a number of years ago I received such warm welcomes, it really set the tone for the entire experience.  

The time factor is something that most people have a hard time getting their hear around.  Most people view  long time as a couple of months.  I will have been tapering for 4 years next month (I still can't believe it) and with luck I will be jumping off somewhere around Christmas.  The whole process really gives you  new perspective on patience.  I am, however, amazed at how fast the time has gone.  I use to tell people that this will probably be the toughest thing they ever do in their lives and the inner strength that they will gain will serve them well the rest of their life.  I had to stop because I was freaking out too many people.  It ends up being one of those lessons that can't be taught, only learned.  But I am amazed every day, when I read through the various threads, at the strength everyone here displays if only because there is no other choice.

The symptoms I talk about having now are mainly for documentation.  They are nothing like when I started or even like a year ago.  But still I want to have a record and want others to see what the lower doses are like, as there isn't nearly as much documentation as with people who are in the thick of it. (That was a really awkward sentence, so I will end things here.)

Well the fall madness has begun.  We started setting up the Halloween Haunt over the weekend.  Didn't get everything done we had planned so we are officially behind schedule, but I am really happy with what we got set up.  It was more of a push than I would have liked so I went back to work sore and tired, where we are having another push on some new development stuff, fun but a lot of work too.  I can't tell if it is the overwork, heat or my last drop catching up with me but I've had the ruminations and agros all day.  I'm going to blame it on being hot and tired.

Getting there Brass. Sometimes I think its tapering in general, maybe even that drop from 2 months ago, plus the ones in between. We just never know. I'm due to drop but will wait about 2 extra weeks this time just because  I need better batteries for my scale and want to settle anything that was going wrong with the weights , also lots of stuff coming up soon. The wild fires sound scary!! Stay safe!

2 Timothy 1-7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Effexor 75mg to 262.5mg 2005-2010 for post partum depression

Started having poop out mid 2010, also switched generic brands, then crashed in Dec 2010 (anxiety/ "terror", intense DR, anhedonia, suicidal ideation, chills, insomnia, horrible intrusive thoughts, disorientation, ect)
Rapid "tapered" from 262.5mg Effexor in 3 months

Tried Celexa,Cipralex, then Paxil to deal with wd(this switching made things worse and added akathesia)

Found online support and started tapering Paxil 7 months after quitting Effexor (at this point was having small windows).

Paxil taper: dropped 10% every 4-8 weeks

Year 1 October 2011 to Nov 2012 20mg to 10mg

Year 2 March 2013 to Feb 2014 10mg to 4mg

Year 3 April 2014 to May 2015 4mg to 1.1mg

Year 4 June 2015 1.1mg , dropping by 10% until .5mg, after then dropped by 0.1mg every 5 weeks until 0.1mg.

Finished! Official last dose of 0.1mg on June 15/16

Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be critical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy.

© Max Ehrmann 1927

1999 - 2004 Paroxetine 20mg  -> 2004 - 2007 Citalopram 20mg -> 2007 -  short term Trazedone use (insomnia) -> 2007 - 2009 Fluoxetine 20mg  ->

2009 - Jan 2012 Citalopram 20mg  (Spring / Summer 2012 protracted withdrawal & related agoraphobia) -> 2012 - September Restarted Citalopram - unbearable start up effects. Discontinued in under 1 week -> Oct 12 -   October 2014 Escitalopram - 10mg prescribed. Started on 5mg and worked up to 10mg in 2.5mg increments  -> Oct 2014  - 5mg; 30/03/15 2.5mg; 15/04/15 3.5mg; 20/05/15 2.9mg;  19/09/15 2.8mg; 30/10/15 2.7mg; 13/11/15 2.6mg. Holding until March.

Diet:  mostly pescatarianl & lots of veg. Weekly offal for b vitamins.  Turmeric, nigella seeds, avocados, apple cider vinegar, coconut products daily. Lots of fluids: water, lemon juice, coconut water, herbal & green tea (decaffeinated).

Supplements: vitamin C 4000mg, Omega 3 fish oil - high DPA & EHA, vitamin E 400iu, vitamin D3 5000mg (Winter only - from sun in Spring / Summer), probiotics.

Current Symptoms: chronic fatigue, erratic sleep, extreme photophobia, eye floaters, noise sensitivity, tinnitus, cognitive & speech difficulties, dizziness, irregular gait, poor co ordination, severe facial and upper body muscle tension, head and neck pressure.

Coping Strategies: good nutrition, cooking, gardening & growing my own food, cycling, dancing, yoga, photography, sewing & creative pursuits, self massage, pampering, meditation, journalling, nature, cuddling cats & humans, laughter & humour, gratitude, self care, aromatherapy, audio books, word games & believing in myself, my potential and my future.

"Everything I need is within me" - Shakti Gawain

That pretty well sums it up Tilly.

Hi Brassmonkey,

Just wanted to lend my support after reading your recent post about the fatigue/muscle twitches. Hang in there. We're all rooting for you.

Serenity

Since 1990s: Various meds depression/anxiety. A little benefit from Effexor; Zoloft/Sertraline. Unsuccessful tapers

Feb 2015: Neurological crash / Hemiplegic Migraine after Sertraline taper slower than pdoc's suggestion 50-37-25-12-6-0mg.

Found SA. Reinstated 25mg Sertraline

July 2015:  Medical occurrence thought to be due to Sertraline. Told to D/C. Hypomania/anxiety resulted. Reinstated

Sept 2016: Increased to 37mg Sertraline due to depression/anxiety symptoms or more likely withdrawal symptoms

Dec 2016: Insurance company refused to fill 37mg (1 1/2 pills) Given 25mg.

2017: Started taper, got fearful of possible withdrawal effects, stopped.
May 2018: Still dealing with side effects. New pdoc. 25mg Lamictal added to 25mg Sertraline. 5 mg Melatonin added. Feeling better. Would still like to wean off Sertraline and then Lamictal, but holding for now. I have a very sensitive system with meds.

No other meds. Supplements: Multivitamin, Vitamin D, Probiotic, Fish oil.

Thanks for the support Serenity.  Things just keep switching from one thing to the next. The twitching has calmed down but the fatigue and depression are on the rise.  I got way over heated working in the hot weather over the weekend and I think that has triggered a lot of it.  Just scheduled a couple of vacation day, just for relaxing which should help get back on track.  Started my third week at this dose so that should show some improvements as the week plays out.

On the drive to work in the morning there is a turn on the hillside overlooking the San Gabriel valley that shows the whole valley laid out in front of you.  This morning there was a light low fog drifting between the trees and houses and shafts of light coming through the clouds to illuminate a glow inside the fog.  I couldn't stop to enjoy it fully as I was on the freeway, but it was a truly awesome sight.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Brassmonkey,

That view sounds amazing. I love it when I see that kind of stuff

Hope things turn for you soon

D

Please note - I am not a medical practitioner and I do not give medical advice. I offer an opinion based on my own experiences, reading and discussion with others.On Effexor for 2 months at the start of 2005. Had extreme insomnia as an adverse reaction. Changed to mirtazapine. Have been trying to get off since mid 2008 with numerous failures including CTs and slow (but not slow enough tapers)Have slow tapered at 10 per cent or less for years. I have liquid mirtazapine made at a compounding chemist.

Was on 1.6 ml as at 19 March 2014.

Dropped to 1.5 ml 7 June 2014. Dropped to 1.4 in about September.

Dropped to 1.3 on 20 December 2014. Dropped to 1.2 in mid Jan 2015.

Dropped to 1 ml in late Feb 2015. I think my old medication had run out of puff so I tried 1ml when I got the new stuff and it seems to be going ok. Sleep has been good over the last week (as of 13/3/15).

Dropped to 1/2 ml 14/11/15 Fatigue still there as are memory and cognition problems. Sleep is patchy but liveable compared to what it has been in the past.

DRUG FREE - as at 1st May 2017

>My intro post is here - http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/2250-dalsaan

That pretty well sums it up Tilly.

Glad you liked it :)

1999 - 2004 Paroxetine 20mg  -> 2004 - 2007 Citalopram 20mg -> 2007 -  short term Trazedone use (insomnia) -> 2007 - 2009 Fluoxetine 20mg  ->

2009 - Jan 2012 Citalopram 20mg  (Spring / Summer 2012 protracted withdrawal & related agoraphobia) -> 2012 - September Restarted Citalopram - unbearable start up effects. Discontinued in under 1 week -> Oct 12 -   October 2014 Escitalopram - 10mg prescribed. Started on 5mg and worked up to 10mg in 2.5mg increments  -> Oct 2014  - 5mg; 30/03/15 2.5mg; 15/04/15 3.5mg; 20/05/15 2.9mg;  19/09/15 2.8mg; 30/10/15 2.7mg; 13/11/15 2.6mg. Holding until March.

Diet:  mostly pescatarianl & lots of veg. Weekly offal for b vitamins.  Turmeric, nigella seeds, avocados, apple cider vinegar, coconut products daily. Lots of fluids: water, lemon juice, coconut water, herbal & green tea (decaffeinated).

Supplements: vitamin C 4000mg, Omega 3 fish oil - high DPA & EHA, vitamin E 400iu, vitamin D3 5000mg (Winter only - from sun in Spring / Summer), probiotics.

Current Symptoms: chronic fatigue, erratic sleep, extreme photophobia, eye floaters, noise sensitivity, tinnitus, cognitive & speech difficulties, dizziness, irregular gait, poor co ordination, severe facial and upper body muscle tension, head and neck pressure.

Coping Strategies: good nutrition, cooking, gardening & growing my own food, cycling, dancing, yoga, photography, sewing & creative pursuits, self massage, pampering, meditation, journalling, nature, cuddling cats & humans, laughter & humour, gratitude, self care, aromatherapy, audio books, word games & believing in myself, my potential and my future.

"Everything I need is within me" - Shakti Gawain

Thanks for the support Serenity.  Things just keep switching from one thing to the next. The twitching has calmed down but the fatigue and depression are on the rise.  I got way over heated working in the hot weather over the weekend and I think that has triggered a lot of it.  Just scheduled a couple of vacation day, just for relaxing which should help get back on track.  Started my third week at this dose so that should show some improvements as the week plays out.

On the drive to work in the morning there is a turn on the hillside overlooking the San Gabriel valley that shows the whole valley laid out in front of you.  This morning there was a light low fog drifting between the trees and houses and shafts of light coming through the clouds to illuminate a glow inside the fog.  I couldn't stop to enjoy it fully as I was on the freeway, but it was a truly awesome sight.

Hi Brassmonkey,

Do be careful not to get over heated. This summer I notice that I tend to be much more sensitive to the change in temps than usual and I wonder if it's related to AD withdrawal.

That's great you are taking some vacation days! Maybe a few days off of some rest and relaxation is what you need.

The view by the valley sounds so beautiful! Isn't it great how nature helps us get out of our minds?

Be well.

Since 1990s: Various meds depression/anxiety. A little benefit from Effexor; Zoloft/Sertraline. Unsuccessful tapers

Feb 2015: Neurological crash / Hemiplegic Migraine after Sertraline taper slower than pdoc's suggestion 50-37-25-12-6-0mg.

July 2015:  Medical occurrence thought to be due to Sertraline. Told to D/C. Hypomania/anxiety resulted. Reinstated

Sept 2016: Increased to 37mg Sertraline due to depression/anxiety symptoms or more likely withdrawal symptoms

May 2018: Still dealing with side effects. New pdoc. 25mg Lamictal added to 25mg Sertraline. 5 mg Melatonin added. Feeling better. Would still like to wean off Sertraline and then Lamictal, but holding for now. I have a very sensitive system with meds.

Posted this earlier to another thread and wanted to have a record of it here:

Giving opinions or offering advice is a very tricky business, one that must be handled with great delicacy and consideration before the post button is pushed.  Firstly there is the matter of giving accurate information. If the statement is identified as an opinion the accuracy will be viewed as less important, even though it's not.  If given as advise then the information must be a s accurate as possible, checked and checked again.  Even though none of us are medical practitioners, what we are saying is often taken as medical truth.  This goes for members as well as moderators.

Secondly, how we say something is as important if not more so than what we are saying.  There are several factors that need to be kept in mind. 

1. The people we are talking to are usually scared out of their minds, which will cause them to latch onto any negative reinforcement they can see.

2. Most of the people here are not in their right minds in the first place.  They are suffering allsorts of cognitive problems, language and comprehension being two major problem places. 

3. For the majority of people here, English is not their primary language.  They will not be familiar with the idioms and nuances of a very difficult language, and many will be using computer based translators which understand even less. 

4. The person we are speaking to is not the only one reading the post.  At any given time there are 4-10 times as many visitors reading these pages as there are members.  So we are speaking to them also when ever we post.

Keeping this in mind we have to write our posts in a manner that will convey the correct information in a manner that is not sensationalistic, in as clear and succinct wording as possible.

Posted this earlier to another thread and wanted to have a record of it here:

Giving opinions or offering advice is a very tricky business, one that must be handled with great delicacy and consideration before the post button is pushed.  Firstly there is the matter of giving accurate information. If the statement is identified as an opinion the accuracy will be viewed as less important, even though it's not.  If given as advise then the information must be a s accurate as possible, checked and checked again.  Even though none of us are medical practitioners, what we are saying is often taken as medical truth.  This goes for members as well as moderators.

Secondly, how we say something is as important if not more so than what we are saying.  There are several factors that need to be kept in mind. 

1. The people we are talking to are usually scared out of their minds, which will cause them to latch onto any negative reinforcement they can see.

2. Most of the people here are not in their right minds in the first place.  They are suffering allsorts of cognitive problems, language and comprehension being two major problem places. 

3. For the majority of people here, English is not their primary language.  They will not be familiar with the idioms and nuances of a very difficult language, and many will be using computer based translators which understand even less. 

4. The person we are speaking to is not the only one reading the post.  At any given time there are 4-10 times as many visitors reading these pages as there are members.  So we are speaking to them also when ever we post.

Keeping this in mind we have to write our posts in a manner that will convey the correct information in a manner that is not sensationalistic, in as clear and succinct wording as possible.

Thanks, I thought that was a really important post you made - but I didn't want to respond and hijack the other thread too badly.  I appreciate you taking the time to write this and it's definitely something to keep in mind - even though sometimes I want to speak my mind and be super pessimistic because my brain is damaged, I don't have a job, my life is in shambles, and part of my family has betrayed me.  I agree that it's probably best to be euphemistic if it can be helped.

I used to live in Orange County - I remember when the San Gabriel mountains burned to the ground in 2009 during the station fire.  I drove up through Angeles national park to survey the damage a couple of months later (having visited it in 2008 when it was a lush wonderland).  The ENTIRE mountain range from crest highway all the way into the horizon looking north was burned to the ground - just a couple of tree trunks half burned were standing, and some woods remained in the river valleys.

Socal can have some beautiful views - particularly those when you get up into those mountains - if you do it right, one can see the ocean to the west and the desert to the east. 

I miss the views and the ocean the most since I've left Socal, but I really don't miss the 10million people, all the sun, and did I mention all the people and all the cars etc?

Anyways, figured I'd share this because I'm quite familiar with Socal and had a nice time there for many years.

Well that was a very stressful week, very glad it's over with.  I've been letting things push me to hard at work and need to push back a little bit so I'm not running so hard. We finally found out why  Monica has been in so much pain lately, she has developed a diaphragmatic hernia involving her stomach and small bowel.  We are getting referrals for the surgery so it is still early stages in getting it resolved, but the prognosis is good.  My frustration level at seeing her in pain and not being able to help is through the roof.

My WD is going along fine, I'm surprised that all the stress lately hasn't caused any problems.  I did pull something in my left shoulder a few days ago and it has decided to be very tender, I'll give it a few days and then may have it looked at.

Started a new drop today by going to 17mgpw.

Hi Brass!  Glad to see you are still running the good race.

zoloft 2004-08 tapered too fast(2 weeks)
Luvox 5/08 100 mg 07/10 40mg via small reductions, 08/10 39mg, 09/10 38mg, 10/10 37mg, 11/10 36mg,2/11 35mg, 5/11 34mg, 8/11 33mg, 11/11 32mg, 01/12 31mg, 03/12 30mg, 4/12 29mg, 5/12 28 mg, 8/12 27 mg, 11/12 26 mg, 1/13 25 mg, 3/13 24 mg, 4/13 23 mg,6/13 22 mg, 7/13 21 mg, 8/13 20mg, 10/13 19 mg, 11/13 18 mg, 12/13 17 mg, 1/14 16 mg, 3/14 13 mg, 9/14 10.9 mg,  1/15 10 mg, 3/15  9 mg,  5/15 8 mg. 11/15 7.12 mg.  4/16  5 mg, 6/16   4.5 mg,  9/16 4.2 mg, 1/17 3.48 mg, 2/17  3.2 mg,  4/17 2.2 mg, 5/17 2.0 mg, 6/17  1.74 mg, 7/17 1.58 mg, 9/17 1.27 mg, 11/17 1.0 mg,  1/18 0.79 mg

Thanks Mustangwoman, haven't seen you in a while, I hope everything is going well for you.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a large water tank that I see on my drive in to work.  The trees around it have grown up to look like a couple of large dinosaurs having a tea party with the tank as the table.  It makes me smile every time I see it.

That's great brass !!

Paxil start September 2003 due to Fluoroquinolone adverse reaction that I wish doc. knew what it was. 10mg. most of the time with a few short runs of 20mg. FAST tapered 3 times and finally hit poop out or a reaction to nsaid's in Nov.2013. Started a 10% taper Jan. 2014 and have been ok until Sept 14 and went through a short hell. Now plodding through and looking for the light with unrelenting insomnia and pain, fog, loss of interests....<p>12/20/14 - .8mg.

1/01/15 - .75 mg.

1/15/15 - .42 mg. better sleep now, hope it continues...

2/11-15 - .25 mg. doing really good!! 2 weeks feel 85% of old me!

3/17/15 .14 mg. Knee pain bad!

4/07/15 .05 mg. this is so small now that I am estimating and just licking it off palm small as a "." 

4/13/15 NOTHING !!!! Took my last little micro dose on 4/12/15. 

what a delightful post!

There is a large water tank that I see on my drive in to work.  The trees around it have grown up to look like a couple of large dinosaurs having a tea party with the tank as the table.  It makes me smile every time I see it.

went on Prozac 1994-99,60mg.poopout ct  back on 2001-2002,prozac weekly 2002,not working,Effexor 75 mg.?2003-mar.2004 gaining weight 8wk. taper,wellbutrin 150 mg.mar. -may 2004 ctmedfree til july 2005 back to Prozac gaining weight again,back on wellbutrin jan.2006150-300 mg.bad constipation.also was taking aygestin(hormone)perimenopausal irregular bleeding.back on Prozac around sept,?2006,hysterectomy jan30.2007(adenomyosis)off&on Prozac til 2009,citalopram about 1 mo, April 2010 no effect,Effexor again may -mar, 2011.ct,Prozac aug,-dec, 2011 &sept-nov 2012,paroxetine oct,23 2013-may 4 2014 20 mgs.tapered 6 wks.-failed RI in Oct.2014-in protracted WD.started 10 mgs. Fluoxetine May 25 2021 .Stopped fluoxetine May 2022 at 5 mgs.

I love that visual! It made me smile too. :-)

Haven't had a whole lot to talk about lately, things have been pretty much WDnormal.  Had a bit of a rough day yesterday with aggravation and the like, but I think it was more to do with situational stuff than WD.  For the most part it has cleared up today with just a little ruminating and the like hanging on.  It seems that my brain has dug into a different pile of s*** than usual, because the thoughts are ones that haven't been around in a long time and were totally inconsequential in the first place, now they are trying to make themselves important.  Fat chance.

Monica finally got her first consultation on the hernia and the prognosis is good.  We are waiting for authorization for a CT scan so the doctor can really see what is going on, then we can talk about surgery.  Now that things are in motion the stress levels have dropped and Monica is feeling a lot better and has been actually able to eat some meals.  Now to try to keep her from over doing it and setting things off again.

Bright spot for the day: I got a reply to one of my posts on another thread thanking me profusely for my help.  It really made my day.

BrassMonkey- are you around at all today? Need help, please

Started Prozac 20 MG March 2014-Sept 2014

New doctor switched me to Lexapro 10 MG and it helped from Sept 2014-Feb 2015 and then I felt the Lexapro wasn't helping as much so he changed the dose to 20 MG and I took that from Feb 2015-July 2015 when I decided to get off pills completely.I had to reinstate as I was feeling so bad and very pressured to go back on pills. My Dr put me on 50 MG zoloft and I took it for about a week..made me feel brain dead. Went down to 25 before I really learned the trouble of fast tapering..finally got a jewelry scale to properly weigh out my pills. Looking to just feel OK. Unsure where to go next.

Coopergirl-- I'm just on for a few minutes during break time while I'm at work.  Write something in your journal and I will see it when I get home and will have time to answer.

Hi BrassMonkey- sorry to bother you but you really helped me get through yesterday and now today I am just needing more encouragement that I will feel OK after I heal. Why am I rushing so fast? It's been 1 month and 3 weeks off my meds completely after only a one month taper. I want my feelings to return and not to feel so empty. I don't want to hurt my boyfriend in the end. What if my feelings don't ever return and what if I am just the way I am. I need guidance that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Please & thank you

New doctor switched me to Lexapro 10 MG and it helped from Sept 2014-Feb 2015 and then I felt the Lexapro wasn't helping as much so he changed the dose to 20 MG and I took that from Feb 2015-July 2015 when I decided to get off pills completely.I had to reinstate as I was feeling so bad and very pressured to go back on pills. My Dr put me on 50 MG zoloft and I took it for about a week..made me feel brain dead. Went down to 25 before I really learned the trouble of fast tapering..finally got a jewelry scale to properly weigh out my pills. Looking to just feel OK. Unsure where to go next.

Hi B.M,

I think you payed it forward, with your story of " the dinosaur's tea party" !!     I haven't seen it , ( dinosaurs )  , but it  gave me a bit of a giggle, as well.  I like your idea, of " Bright Spot" of the day .  I think  "gratitude" , is so important, if we can " muster" it up.  It's hard, when you're struggling so much, but I think we have to try.  I  always think of Viktor E. Frankl. ( living in Nazi death camp), who not only " survived" , but thrived, in the end.   , The human spirit is indomitable, and  I don't think that will ever change. 

Many SSRI's and SSNRI's over 20 years. Zoloft for 7 years followed by Effexor, Lexapro, Prozac, Cymbalta, Celexa, Pristiq, Valdoxan, Mianserin and more - on and off. No tapering. Cold turkey off Valdoxan - end of May 2014

Psych Drug - free since May 2014

Brass Monkey is always making me feel better with his replies to me! Can't thank him enough. Also you guys I have a question do you think depression or meds can alter your feelings aka not thinking your partner who is clearly wonderful is enough for you?? When he was once before?? Confused and scared. I think this is the meds/WD talking and not really me? I want to break free so badly of this or break things off because he is so wonderful and doesn't deserve this.

Also my friend is telling me that since I was only on ssris for 1.5 years and off for 2 months now that my body is rid of the meds and that scares me. She is telling me this is the real me now and I am confused. Doesn't my brain need time to heal itself?

Bright spot of the day: (Literally)  A little after sunrise, the sky was quite bright already, I was enjoying looking at a pretty, fluffy cloud when I saw a really bright point of light beside it.  It was Venus shining bright enough to be seen during the day.  It happens fairly frequently but that little bright point of light is really hard to find in that big old bright sky.  It's been many years since I've seen it in the day time, and that time was an accident too.

Sounds very pretty Brass. Is that what they call the morning star?

2 Timothy 1-7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Started having poop out mid 2010, also switched generic brands, then crashed in Dec 2010 (anxiety/ "terror", intense DR, anhedonia, suicidal ideation, chills, insomnia, horrible intrusive thoughts, disorientation, ect)

Tried Celexa,Cipralex, then Paxil to deal with wd(this switching made things worse and added akathesia)

Found online support and started tapering Paxil 7 months after quitting Effexor (at this point was having small windows).

Year 4 June 2015 1.1mg , dropping by 10% until .5mg, after then dropped by 0.1mg every 5 weeks until 0.1mg.

It's a morning star just before sunrise, just look to the east about 6am and you can't miss it.  This would be called a "day star".  Saw it again on friday, just a brief glimpse through some very fine clouds.

I was thinking in Bible terms...before his fall from grace, Satan was called "Lucifer",  Lucifer was latin for "bringer of light" which referred to Venus, "the morning star"..

Im never up that early, well, out of bed anyway...but maybe I"ll have to wander down to the kitchen and look outside! And tomorrow night is the 4th blood moon of the year also. It was so bright tonight we could have read a book by the moonlight...so pretty!