Abir - 2 months after antidepressants withdrawal

abir

Lexi, that is good news.. So there is definitely an improvement... I am so happy for you... I hope this continues...

I am good... Just exhausted...my brain is still foggy too but i can't complain - it will take my body some time to recover....

Oh Lexi, I hope you will be able to sleep well tonight and tomorrow hopefully will be even better than today...I am so happy that your symptoms are better now...

have been on various antidepressants (many SSRIs, SNRI, MAOIs) for chronic fatigue syndrome for more than 17 years, was on zoloft 100mg for the last 2-3 years, tapered over 2.5 months, ending october 24 2012.
reinstating AD:
march 28: started on 25mg co-sertraline, took it for 2 days
april 1: 12.5mg ONLY FOR ONE DAY- STOPPED taking meds
april 9: started on 2.5mg co-sertraline
april 17: increased to 5 mg

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• abir

• lexicon

• Altostrata

• basildev

Top Posters In This Topic

Abir, how did your day go? Peaceful I hope ..

Thinking of you, and wanted to wish you a relaxed and sleepy night ..

xx

Hello,
I am tapering Lorazepam, and my daily dose is 1.125 mgs.

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

but it did not work. So I resumed my taper and hold pattern.
For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

The anxiety is worse today... And I am crying a lot... I hope this is just a wave

have been on various antidepressants (many SSRIs, SNRI, MAOIs) for chronic fatigue syndrome for more than 17 years, was on zoloft 100mg for the last 2-3 years, tapered over 2.5 months, ending october 24 2012.
reinstating AD:

Abir, it is a wave ..please do not think otherwise ..just a nasty wave, that will not be there tomorrow ..

So hang in there, and concentrate on having a peaceful night ..

I am doing very poorly ..I have not gotten off the couch all day ..my poor heart is going, also my head problems. ..

Those are awful ..

Am crying too ..:(

Thinking of you, and praying for some peace ..

Window tomorrow ..you will see ..

Sleep well ..xx

Hello,

I followed a long hold for 5 months, ( Nov-March 2019) hoping to find some stability, 

For the last 3 years, I have been using a daily microtaper, cutting .001mgs per day, with holds as needed.
Symptoms are head pressure, labored breathing, palpitations, abrupt surges of dizziness, this being my worst symptom for now, internal tremors, my latest nemesis, unsteadiness, anxiety, plus many other symptoms that cycle in, and cycle out consistently. Not a day passes, without grief :(

I take no other meds.

January 2013 - 15 day quick taper off 10 mgs of Lexapro, and 25 mgs of Sertraline,

at a detox clinic.

Thank you Lexi for your encouragement..

Sorry you are still suffering...time goes by so slowly when we are suffering..... I hope you can sleep early tonight too but hopefully you won't wake up early morning from your symptoms... And let's pray that we both will have a window tomorrow...

reinstating AD:

You are right Abir ..time stands when we are suffering ..:(

Praying for a window tomorrow ..

Sleep peacefully ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Oh I was thinking about reducing the dose...so you are thinking that the 2 nights when i slept better it was because of the combined effect from 2.5 and whatever is still left from the 25..I don't know I am still scared to increase the dose since my sleeping got this bad only after reinstating Zoloft so it seems that zoloft has a stimulating effect on me..even during the day I am surprised that I am not more sleepy in the afternoon...but again this does not explain why I slept better 5 nights ago... To be safe I will give the 2.5 a couple more days... Thank you so much for your advise and continuing support

Abir, how was your night? And your anxiety? And your weeping,?

I hope you had a peaceful night, and that your anxiety has eased up ..

Thinking of you ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Hi Lexi..

Night was good - I did not take melatonin last night but I was able to sleep as well as I did the night before, so that is good...

The anxiety started at 7am and still here... Crying not as much as yesterday - I am trying to just accept it instead of wanting to get better right now... It is hard to 1) bear the constant anxiety even if it is not as bad as before and 2) not to worry about what if this is how it is going to be and the possibility to keep increasing the dose until I feel better... But I am trying hard not to think about it and keep telling myself this is just temporary... I think this is the best thing we can do now ...to stop wanting that all this stops right now because it is not going to be like that, it won't be instantaneous... And not to worry about never recovering because we are just adding to our torture... I know this is easier said than done.... But it seems that this is our only option...

How about you..did you make a decision whether or not to reinstate? Dr shipko will be back soon are you going to wait until you talk to him?

reinstating AD:

Is it possible to have anxiety, bad anxiety, without having depression? I find that unless it is mild, anxiety is so overwhelming, it does not leave any room for "good feelings"...it makes me feel so depressed, it is so hard to smile, read a book or even watch TV - I would just sit in front of the TV and stare at it not really watching it... it is like it takes over the whole brain... Is it just me, am I dealing with depression too or is this the nature of anxiety?

reinstating AD:

Abir yes it is possible to just have anxiety. The chronic anxiety leads to feeling depressed.

Your body can only run on just so much adrenaline and then you just crash feeling depressed.

Additionally, just dealing with the anxiety is depressing. Get angry at it and see if that helps.

I have had to do that a few times.

A therapist once told me that the anxiety/depression I was experiencing at the time was like a marriage in that for me they were both linked together. Sadly it was true. At that time I wore a rubber band around my wrist to snap it when I felt anxiety coming on.

It helped alot. And then I would say, go ahead and have a panic attack. It would stop it.

This was not from WD, this is what led me to take AD's, so it might be different with WD because it is a chemical charge.

Try it, you have nothing to lose....Hang in there

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

I am sorry Abir that you are going through that. ..I know it too well ..it is numbing ..It seems that this horrible problem we are going through, has so many facets ..With new ones popping up for me ..

But we have to try and be strong ..

Taking it step by step, is the necessary and only way to this chaos ..

I like Nikki 's suggestion and may try it too.

I hope you have support other then here Abir ..

I cry because it seems that this situation can be overwhelming for loved ones ..:(

Anyway, we must support each other, and hang in there ..

Thinking of you, and wishing you a serene and peaceful night ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Nikki, actually you reminded me that one day i just got angry at my anxiety (instead of feeling depressed) and it did help, this made it feel like the anxiety is "not a part of me", and strangely this made it better because i guess it is easier to be angry at something else "outside us" as opposed to "ourself" or our brain... don't know how to explain it... but yes, you are right, i forgot about that, i should try that...

elastic band: it is just that most days the anxiety is always there - it is not like i feel it coming and going, it is just constant... and this makes me snap into ... weeping and crying when i just can't take it anymore... and actually the crying helps a bit (i guess any change of emotion is good, a change from anxiety)..

i never had anxiety like this before... feeling it so intensely and constant... but i guess the good side of this is i have heard about anxiety before but never really appreciated it... now i know how hard it is... and how hard it is to escape or ignore... it is just imposed on us, no reason why we feel this way and there is nothing we can do to take our minds off of it... i hope you don't have to deal with it anymore or at least it is manageable...

reinstating AD:

lexi, i do have support... my family is great... i was not able to do anything at all in april, they did everything for me... but i can't vent to them... they worry so much... and i try my best not to let myself cry in front of them or even appear too weak to stand up straight or walk whenever i can help it... they are a big part of the reason i need to get better quickly because i can see how much the way i am right now affected them...

you are so right, this not only affects us but everyone else around us too...

reinstating AD:

This is wonderful Abir ..I know exactly what you are saying. .

We are lucky. ..I only have my children, and I need to stand strong in front of them, but a lot of times it is tough to do.

They are devastated, that they cannot help to make things better ..

But we are blessed to have our family.

I wish you a good night Abir ..I hope that you have been able to sleep, with or without melotonin ..

I hope that your day was free of anxiety ..and I hope we have a marvelous day tomorrow. Xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Abir, I missed talking today ..

I hope your day was s peaceful day ..mine was /is a nightmare ..:(

hoping the night will be better ..Sending you healing energy ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Abir, I am concerned ..please write ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Sorry Lexi for making you worry.. Don't worry, still here... Yesterday was bad and the anxiety was still bad at night... Could not sleep yesterday... Today the same, anxiety and crying... This week was bad except for Thursday afternoon... Don't know if the amoxicillin has anything to do with that...

Sorry you are feeling so bad too...

reinstating AD:

Sorry again Lexi... My page did was not being refreshed properly and I did not see your comments until now...

And sorry I did not check on you, I did not want to write anything because I felt like whatever I was going to write was going to be depressing.... Sorry again

reinstating AD:

Three of us had a bad week, severe symptoms for me too, a let up for a few hours one day and that was about it. It's so frustrating to be resting most of the time but got to be done, I know I worsen if I push it. Hope and pray we all gonna get some relief soon. Love, xxxxxxxxx.

Sending Southern California Good Vibes Everyone's Way!!!

-Salted :)

10 mg daily Fluoxetine/Prozac Jan. 2009-Nov. 2012

Went COLD TURKEY Nov. 2012-March 2013

.05-1 mg daily Lorazepam March 2013-April 2013

After approximately 21 days, stopped COLD TURKEY

Doctor put me on 20 mg daily Fluoxetine/Prozac as of 4/25/13

I decided to jump down to 10 mg daily Fluoxetine/Prozac as of 5/08/13

Will stay here for a few months, then taper to ZERO!!

I am not a medical practitioner, any advice I give comes from my own experience and research and is only my perspective

Thank you guys...yes am trying to rest...the anxiety is all day and night..feeling hungry for air too... Melatonin did not help.still can't sleep because as I am falling asleep I stop breathing or my heart starts racing...

And soon exhausted...

Since reinstating on March 28, only last week was OK .. All other weeks are worse than before reinstating....and This is my 7th months...

reinstating AD:

Thank you guys...yes am trying to rest...the anxiety is all day and night..feeling hungry for air too... Melatonin did not help.still can't sleep because as I am falling asleep I stop breathing or my heart starts racing...

And soon exhausted...

Since reinstating on March 28, only last week was OK .. All other weeks are worse than before reinstating....and This is my 7th months...

Glad you checked in. It really is only time that will allow your body to feel the 'leveling-out' of reinstatement. Each day will get better. I find that keeping a daily journal has helped me compare the good days to the bad. That way I can see if there has been any consistency in improvement.

Of course, even reinstatement doesn't happen in a straight line. There are good moments followed by bad. But it helps me to go back and see.

Are there things you do specifically for relaxation? Can you listen to music, or read a book, or . . .?

Of course, trying to exercise and eat the right foods helps. But I find that I have no appetite and no will sometimes to exercise properly. When I have exercised, it has helped though.

Hang in there. I know you'll level-out eventually.

Your friend from SoCal,

-Salted

10 mg daily Fluoxetine/Prozac Jan. 2009-Nov. 2012

Went COLD TURKEY Nov. 2012-March 2013

.05-1 mg daily Lorazepam March 2013-April 2013

After approximately 21 days, stopped COLD TURKEY

Doctor put me on 20 mg daily Fluoxetine/Prozac as of 4/25/13

I decided to jump down to 10 mg daily Fluoxetine/Prozac as of 5/08/13

Will stay here for a few months, then taper to ZERO!!

I am not a medical practitioner, any advice I give comes from my own experience and research and is only my perspective

Thank you salted...I do keep a journal I guess that what makes it harder because last week was ok so I thought I am finally getting better.. But this week was and still is horrible...

When the anxiety is not too bad I can listen to soft music but when it is bad I can do nothing .... Appetite is really bad but I force myself to eat ...and when I am physically able to, I go for 15-20 minutes walk...

Before reinstating my anxiety was from 6 am till 3 pm and I had no problem sleeping... And I was stronger... Since reinstating my anxiety on most days does not get better in the afternoon and I have it even at night..I don't understand this, does Zoloft keep cortisol levels high all the time? So the whole effort my brain made before reinstating, to balance cortisol levels, was for nothing and now I have to wait for few more months for my brain to regulate itself with the constant high level of cortisol

reinstating AD:

I know how you feel, please try to hang in there ..

Abir "I read that Omega 3's help heal the brain ..

I have been taking them for a couple of years, but a week ago I slowly started to updose ..

Right now I am taking 3,000 IU ..But the idea is to go higher than that ..double, if not more ..

Please try that ..Omega 3 are healthy for the brain and overall health ..

Also, Saffron tea is suppose to help relax ..I just learned this, am looking for someone to send for some ..

And vitamin. C ..

This is the hastiest thing we got caught in, Abir ...We cannot let it win ..

I know, easy to say ..I am trying to convince myself too ..

Thinking of you ..xx

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Abir, I wonder if you need to updose the Zoloft ..why not start a new thread, and ask altostrata ..

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Abir, I'm in a bad place too right now, we can hold on, we can keep going, just watch us! Like you, sometimes even soft music is too much for me and I prefer to rest in silence, trying to keep as calm as possible, there's no harm in that! Lots of love and hugs. Xxxxxxx

• Administrator

If you are worse since reinstating, perhaps it is not for you. Try reducing the dose and see if symptoms are better.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Thank you fizz and Lexi.... Yes we are all going through rough times... Thank you so much for your support.... I hope we will all get through this soon.... We have to beat this thing.....

Hugs and kisses and good thoughts for you

reinstating AD:

Thanks alto, I have been thinking about that but I am so scared to make any more changes... So scared.... I am thinking that the best thing to do is to just wait....

Have you ever seen this before, the anxiety becoming all day long as opposed to from morning till afternoon after reinstating?

reinstating AD:

Abir, thinking of you ..how was your night and this morning ..?

I hope the anxiety let up ..I hope you were able to get some sleep ..

Sending you thoughts of healing ..Lexi

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

Hi Lexi..feeling the same... The melatonin did not help last night at all even though I took it twice... My breathing issues are preventing me from falling asleep...

How are feeling,did you sleep last night?

reinstating AD:

I am sorry Abir ..same issues here ..breathing ..starts at my sinus. ( do not have asinus problems.) Then to my chest, feeling

Like chocking ..today have the tremors and shakes too.,

Maybe you will feel better if you start tapering ..Is today the same? Are you able to find some peace?

I was reading missmichelle 's journal ..what suffering ..:for 13 months ..:(

God, I hope we are given mercy, Abir ..

Sending you many hugs ..xx

Ps. I have been weeping, because of feeling weakness I cannot go into a conversation ..I saw my precious daughter suffering at my condition yesterday ..:(

Hello,

I take no other meds.

at a detox clinic.

• Administrator

Reinstatement is best done immediately upon emergence of withdrawal symptoms. If some time has passed, such as a few months, it doesn't always work and can make symptoms worse.

If that's your situation, taking less might be more tolerable.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

I am sorry Abir ..same issues here ..breathing ..starts at my sinus. ( do not have asinus problems.) Then to my chest, feeling

Like chocking ..today have the tremors and shakes too.,

Maybe you will feel better if you start tapering ..Is today the same? Are you able to find some peace?

I was reading missmichelle 's journal ..what suffering ..:for 13 months ..:(

God, I hope we are given mercy, Abir ..

Sending you many hugs ..xx

Ps. I have been weeping, because of feeling weakness I cannot go into a conversation ..I saw my precious daughter suffering at my condition yesterday ..:(

Lexi, i totally understand how you feel watching your daughter suffering, i have the same thing with my family but then i keep telling myself "don't worry about them, you have enough things to worry about, they are stronger than you, they are strong enough to handle the worrying, also, they are not worried 100% of the time, their own life distract them, so, it is ok if they worry now, they will be ok"... lexi, we have enough things to deal with, let's try not to worry about our family too...

tapering: i don't know yet what i am going to do...

reinstating AD:

Reinstatement is best done immediately upon emergence of withdrawal symptoms. If some time has passed, such as a few months, it doesn't always work and can make symptoms worse.

If that's your situation, taking less might be more tolerable.

Alto, it has been more than a month and a half since reinstatement with the 25mg, and i have been on 5mg for almost a month now... my concern is that my body was on a high dose for a long period of time (even during that short period of time when i was taking 2.5mg, the effect from the 25mg was still there, so it was as if i was on a much higher dose)....i keep thinking how you and everyone else keep saying dont start tapering again until your withdrawal symptoms stabilize... i realize that my situation is a little different from someone who is still in the process of tapering down, but i keep wondering if lowering the dose at this point of time (a month and half later later) can have the same bad effect as someone who continues to taper down while still experiencing bad withdrawal symptoms.......

i hope i am making sense, it is hard to write today - took me a long time to write this...

oh one more thing, i have been taking amoxicillin for UTI since last monday, i am hoping that contributed to making my symptoms worse... today took the last pill... i am really hoping that my symptoms will start to improve 24 hours later... i know i know, i might be just trying too hard to avoid making a decision on decreasing the dose...

reinstating AD: