squirrel

Fear, terror, panic, and anxiety

DMV64

Hopeful here that not feeding the anxiety will help lessen it. Acceptance. It's pretty bad though and definitely comes in waves. I breathe through them. I try to connect deeply inside myelf, to know that I am whole. That all things change and pass. And that I can do this a day at a time. With all of your stories and support <3

bheb

Does anyone else have constant dysphoria/terror that doesn't let up? Not like a panic attack with start and beginning. Constant unease. 

DMV64
10 minutes ago, bheb said:

Does anyone else have constant dysphoria/terror that doesn't let up? Not like a panic attack with start and beginning. Constant unease. 

Oh my gosh! Yes, I had this until I held and stablized. It is a feeling beyond panic. Terror is right. I had to keep telling myself: What is the fear? Is it real? Someone here actually wrote about it and it helped me so much. My brain fog is not helping me remember who!

bheb
On 9/24/2017 at 5:41 PM, DMV64 said:

. It is a feeling beyond panic. Terror is right

Do you ever get terror attacks though? The terror is pretty much constant but sometimes it will really rev up for brief time, so when that happens for me I think it's a combination with panic. But the constant terror/dysphoria is definitely distinct.

Hope you've been getting some relief

DMV64
5 hours ago, bheb said:

Do you ever get terror attacks though? The terror is pretty much constant but sometimes it will really rev up for brief time, so when that happens for me I think it's a combination with panic. But the constant terror/dysphoria is definitely distinct.

Hope you've been getting some relief

Thank you. Yes, I have been feeling a lot better just holding. ❤️

Altostrata

Yes, we recommend the same techniques to manage withdrawal symptoms that you might use to manage ordinary anxiety.

However, the neurological uproar of withdrawal can exaggerate ordinary feelings of anxiety and generate surges that feel like panic attacks all on its own.

See

Neuro-emotions

Dealing With Emotional Spirals

Fightingawar

Who has been on antidepressants from the beginning because of severe anxiety and now that you are in withdrawals the anxiety is worse then it was before? How do you cope? I mean I’m talking about where you are anxious all day constantly on edge. I really don’t know what to do it never goes away. I know it’s part of the withdrawals as well but I had it before going on antidepressants so I know it’s not just withdrawals I feel so lost and don’t know what to do next. I still have not took the Trintellix the doctor wants me to take I’m so scared of the serotonin syndrome and I’m so scared it’s going to make me worse I really need some advice some guidance.

Altostrata

Fighting, unprecedented severe anxiety is a common withdrawal symptom. Please read this topic and our many other topics about anxiety in the Symptoms forum.

If you want to learn about a symptom, first use search in the Symptoms forum and read existing discussions before starting a new topic.

DMV64
On 8/29/2013 at 9:38 AM, Nikki said:

dealing

I deal with this everyday. It is really hard. I try as many tools as I can muster. It’s hard when the anxiety is so high to think straight. 

Fightingawar

I know I can barely do anything I feel like I’m just having a constant anxiety attack, the feeling is terrible 😪

Mewmewkitty
On 5/4/2018 at 5:10 PM, Fightingawar said:

I know I can barely do anything I feel like I’m just having a constant anxiety attack, the feeling is terrible 😪

I know exacly how you feel and it is very normal in WD. But don't sweat it, the fear will too pass. It is important to not dwelve or to not try to understand how and why you have the fear/anxiety. 

I went tenfold of CBT courses, many self help books and what not only to understand it's withdrawal and time and only time, (by any means, living as healthy as possible (w/o overdo it)) will help your beautiful body to heal.

And remember; healing is inevitable.