Junglechicken

Hi jc

well the therapist sounding a bit tetchy as you haven’t been going regularly sounds par for the course. Money often clouds issues and can make them more concerned for themselves rather than you. 

If you don’t feel she is being helpful walk away, you are fragile and need care and compassion. 

Hugs

2006 After sudden death of mother put on 20mg of citaloprom for depression. 

2014 Drug stopped working after two weeks of panic attacks felt fine. 

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

Last two weeks severe anxiety returned and feeling hopeless 

11July 2017. Cipralex 2mg. Anxiety, nausea still severe

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

4 minutes ago, ikam said:

If I do not show for therapy, I have to pay anyway, this is in my contract. 

I think that therapist should not respond from so called countertransference, meaning should appear uninvolved on their personal level. 

It may also be that you have felt guilty therefore you may have perceived her as angry. 

This happens to me sometimes, I feel something and kind of project my meanings to others. 

Still, I think she should not have stated so strongly that WD affects only small percentage of population. This would upset me if somebody invalidated my feelings this way. I would feel inadequate and hurt... 

If I give enough notice, I don't have to pay.  My husband has to pay in advance each month.

I didn't really get a chance to argue my case about WD etc., (which as you say shouldn't be necessary), however, as we all know these drugs are like playing Russian roulette with the brain.  Doctors don't know how they will affect each person, so WHY go there at all??  We know the answer to that one as well.

Many people on here would advocate talking therapy, alternative medicine (plant-based), exercise and healthy diet, plenty of sleep as a way to achieving improved mental health.  Maybe also making some changes to e.g. job.

ANYWAY, at some point today "I'll get over it".

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

Re-located to UK from Canada: Jan 2016

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

1 minute ago, Scorpio said:

Hi jc

well the therapist sounding a bit tetchy as you haven’t been going regularly sounds par for the course. Money often clouds issues and can make them more concerned for themselves rather than you. 

If you don’t feel she is being helpful walk away, you are fragile and need care and compassion. 

Hugs

Thanks Scorpio,

Yep, money always a bummer for creating tension.

She could have viewed it as a positive time for me to have had "time out" from therapy.  I have to cycle or walk 11k rain or shine to get there.  Its also nice to have time out anyway from psychoanalysis.  Its intense.

Normally she is helpful, so I think its money related but of course she can't say can she??

Hugs back.

Dose History: 19 Feb 2014 - Escitalopram 10mg daily June 2015 - Started taper, 5mg every other day July 2015 - 5mg every 2 days August 2015 - 5mg every 3 days September 2015 - 5mg every 4 days Sept 14th - Completed tapering, but at 7 weeks "drug free" I suffered serious WD symptoms as a consequence of "incorrect" tapering. Nov 25 2015 - Re-instated Cipralex @ 2.5mg daily. WD symptoms faded. Held at this dose and experienced "windows and waves". 12 Oct 2017 Reduced dose to 1.25mg. 13 Mar 2018 Reduced dose to 0.625mg (approx.). 16 April 2018 0mg. Windows and waves triggered by stress (IBS/reflux, headaches, sinus issues) Aug 2019 Mirena coil fitted 6 Jan 2020 MAJOR Wave hit 19 months following last dose (protracted WD).  Symptoms listed below Mar 2020 Mirena coil removal.

Therapy: Nov 15th 2016 Re-started therapy Jan 19th 2017 Started CBT Dec 2017 Started listening to Hypnotherapy CD (self-esteem). Nov 2019 Started couples therapy.

Supplements: "Bioglan" Biotic Balance Ultimate Flora 10 billion CFU, live Bacteria, Probiotic, suitable for Vegetarians, with Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Rhamnosus, Bifidobacterium Longum"Pukka" Vitalise a unique blend of 30 energising botanicals.

Diet: 16 April 2018 Detox cleanse / anti-candida for 90 days. Jan 2020 Started "small plate" diet (i.e child size portions).

Exercise: Stretching, Yoga, Pilates, Spinning, Elliptical/upper body workout, walking.

Medical Test Results: 4 Jan 2017 Homeopathic Treatment starts 24 Feb 2017 Started weight loss program 24 Mar 2017 Naturopathic Treatment + anti-Candida diet started due to suspected Candida Related Complex (CRC). DETOXED for 7 weeks to "re-set" gut. April 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Comprehensive Stool Analysis NEGATIVE; Full Blood Count (Normal) / Blood Cholesterol: 5.6 (Borderline) / Blood Sugar (Normal) / 28 Jun 2017 FSH 8.2 / 14 Nov 2017 FSH 17.7 Dec 2017 Blood Cholesterol: 3.9 (Normal) / Kidney Function (Normal) / Blood Sugar (Normal). December 2017 "Genova Diagnostics" Food panel allergy (bloodwork) analysis - a few "VERY LOW/VL" allergens; Mar 2018 "Genova Diagnostics" SIBO urine analysis: High Level of Yeast/fungal markers found in small intestine but NO SIBO.  April 2018 Thyroid (Normal) / Full Blood Count (Normal) / FSH (Normal). 16 April 2018 Started anti-Candida diet - 3 month protocol.   25 March 2020 All test results "Normal". CRP" 5 mg/L (normal range to 0-5 mg/L).

Symptoms:  Flu-like symptoms, anxiety, anhedonia, sinus headaches right-side (severe), IBS issues/reflux (severe)**, tinnitus, fatigue, inner tremor, nausea, chills/hot flushes, pounding heart, muscular issues including stiff left hip flexor, intense anger, PSSD (ongoing).  **Histhamine intolerance (suspected).

Major Life Events: 

My father died: 5:05pm, Monday 5 Feb 2018 Last Lexapro dose: 16 April 2018 (its now been over a year since I quit ADs)  Moved house: Friday 23rd February 2018  "Divorced" toxic Mother: Monday 26 March 2018 Starting working again: 19 November 2018  Diagnosed with: 5th August 2021 PTSD/C-PTSD Diagnosed with: March 2022 Interstitial Cystitis (IC)/Painful bladder syndrome

Hi jc

well the 11k cycle would have required me needing a paramedic not a therapist at the moment.  You are doing so well don’t let the therapist upset you. Looking after my 18 month grandson for the past three days has required all my energy at the moment and now exhausted. 

Hugs

Aug 2014. Doctor put me on lyrica for rash on face, diarrhoea, sleeplessness,muscle cramp, bruising. Initial dose too strong, halved dose.  Stopped taking it 22/10/14

2014 severe anxiety after several ssri's attempted, seem to have developed severe  sensitivity to any drug, but giving severe  reactions put on cipralex drop form.started on 2 drops and had to increase by 1 drop every 3 days. Eventually got to 12 drops and had to stop as side effects every step of the way dreadful. Psychiatrist kept telling me to stick with it and my body would get used to it.  Eventually down to 8 drops. Bad reactions throughout the time I was on it

Have been on this until may 2017. Stopped over two weeks. Felt fine for 5 weeks after initial dizziness, nightmares, nausea, insomnia.  

Given diazepam by gp and told to take them when anxiety bad. Have only taken them very rarely as they frighten me. 

13 July 2017 Cipralex 1mg due to advice of too high dosage  by kind person on thus site. so dropped from 2mg to 1mg and feelings of anxiety still at severe. As well as nausea, headaches, fatigue. 

15 July still feeling extremely anxious verging on panic. Nausea, feelings of fainting, fatigue. Lots of head pains 

3 August. Three weeks into trying to stabilise on one drop of cipralex. Still have waking from 4am. Sporadic upset stomach. Nausea.  High anxiety.  Throbbing/burning in nether regions seems to have eased for time being but stabbing/burning in calves of legs. Tinnitus. Occasional half to whole better days but mainly still struggling. Fatigue   

32 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hi jc

well the 11k cycle would have required me needing a paramedic not a therapist at the moment.  You are doing so well don’t let the therapist upset you. Looking after my 18 month grandson for the past three days has required all my energy at the moment and now exhausted. 

Hugs

LOL Scorpio, although I don't believe you...…...needing a paramedic after cycling 11k.

I admire you for looking after your grandson for 3 days straight, IMHO that takes A LOT more energy than cycling!!

Hugs back

Major Life Events: 

15 hours ago, Junglechicken said:

If I give enough notice, I don't have to pay.  My husband has to pay in advance each month.

I didn't really get a chance to argue my case about WD etc., (which as you say shouldn't be necessary), however, as we all know these drugs are like playing Russian roulette with the brain.  Doctors don't know how they will affect each person, so WHY go there at all??  We know the answer to that one as well.

Many people on here would advocate talking therapy, alternative medicine (plant-based), exercise and healthy diet, plenty of sleep as a way to achieving improved mental health.  Maybe also making some changes to e.g. job.

ANYWAY, at some point today "I'll get over it".

I guess, people frequently misjudge therapy with couching, with the latter providing instant shift in mood (but often shortlived). There is an expectation that a therapy will make an instant change... 

I know that you are not expecting this.... 

Therapy is a hard work, I see you have been in a psychoanalytic treatment which is very intense... 

- 12.03.2021- doxepin- 50mg

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

- 30.09.2020- doxepin- 125mg

- May 2020, omeprazole 40mg switched to esomeprazole 20mg

- 2012 re-started Doxepin 75mg, evening. Increased to 150mg

- 2012, Atenolol 25mg, twice a day

- 2016, Low dose of HRT in evening, Sandrena and Utrogestan 

- Long term of Nasal spray Otrivine

- 2012, PPI Omeprazole 40mg-evening

24.10.2014- Started ESCITALOPRAM-first 5mg and then 10mg; due to the adverse symptoms reduced on 5.01.2015- Escitalopram- 2.5mg 22.07.2016- re-started reduction by 1% at a time. Completed tappering on  19.03.2020 😇

5 minutes ago, ikam said:

I guess, people frequently misjudge therapy with couching, with the latter providing instant shift in mood (but often shortlived). There is an expectation that a therapy will make an instant change... 

I know that you are not expecting this.... 

Therapy is a hard work, I see you have been in a psychoanalytic treatment which is very intense... 

A friend of mine (same age) was in therapy for the best part of 20 yrs (her parents were emotionally and physically abusive towards her and her twin brother).  Those therapy days are behind her.  She was also involved in support groups, but no longer participates in them.  She told me that she will be learning about herself for the rest of her life.

I've been in therapy for well over a year now......it takes a long time for behaviours and attitudes to change.  We have grown up believing we are a certain person (the person our parent(s) had us pegged as), and now (in my case middle age), we have to un-learn those ideas, and re-grow ourselves into a "better"?? version of our now adult selves.

I suppose you could call it an "osmosis" of thought change?

I am seeing a "psychodynamic" therapist.

Major Life Events: 

I have been in an integrative therapy for around 15 years. It could not have been done quicker. Still some adpects a beyond my comprehension. 

Even when I tried to speed things up I was getting dissociated. 

I am reading an emazing book now "The theatres of the mind" by McDougall, it is psychodynamic. I understand a lot of my psychosomatic/alexitimic structure... 

I trust my therapist, and yes, I am of an opinion that we do learn our whole life... 

Therapy is a hard work in times... 

- 12.03.2021- doxepin- 50mg

- 6.11.2020- 75mg

- 16.10.2020- 100mg

- 30.09.2020- doxepin- 125mg

- May 2020, omeprazole 40mg switched to esomeprazole 20mg

- 2012 re-started Doxepin 75mg, evening. Increased to 150mg

- 2012, Atenolol 25mg, twice a day

- 2016, Low dose of HRT in evening, Sandrena and Utrogestan 

- Long term of Nasal spray Otrivine

- 2012, PPI Omeprazole 40mg-evening

24.10.2014- Started ESCITALOPRAM-first 5mg and then 10mg; due to the adverse symptoms reduced on 5.01.2015- Escitalopram- 2.5mg 22.07.2016- re-started reduction by 1% at a time. Completed tappering on  19.03.2020 😇

Well, today could not have gone worse.

One of my pottery lamps arrived completed smashed up (thanks to incompetent courier service), and now the company that had written the job description for me have backed out due to my salary expectations.

Have responded to them saying I'm happy to negotiate salary and would still love the role.

My left leg hurts too 

😪

Major Life Events: 

I'm so sorry, JC! I know you were so encouraged by the job prospect. 

Dalalea's Introduction

Off All SSRI Medications: Effexor 2010 one month
Sertraline 50 mg. but only took 25 mg. daily because of dizziness. 2010 to July 2017

Tapered over 2 months beginning the 1st of June 2017 -- Off Sertraline by July 30, 2017

Current Medication: Losartan (blood pressure), Albuterol (for asthma- only as needed)
Current Symptoms: tinnitus, hearing loss in one ear, allergies

My Plan: Prayer, Scripture, Walk, Yoga, Encourage Others, Healthy Eating
Generic SSRI Withdrawal Symptom and Plan Checklists and Graph.xlsx

Current Supplements: Magnesium Threonate, Fish Oil, probiotic, B-12, C, D-3

Current Essential Oils: Frankincense, Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Lavender, Peppermint, Clove
Current Essential Oil Blends: Brain Power, Clarity, Stress Away

1 minute ago, Dalalea said:

I'm so sorry, JC! I know you were so encouraged by the job prospect. 

Thanks Dalalea,

I can only hope they will be open enough to re-open the door to negotiate salary.

Its either all good news, or all bad news...…………...never a happy medium, and the good doesn't last for long.

That's life I guess.

xx

Major Life Events: 

Wanted to report, that the "Slippery Elm" I have been taking really works.

For those of you who are curious, take it 20 mins before eating.

Have had no issues with reflux etc.,

Major Life Events: 

I must be really weak physically now.

Every time I do gardening, the next morning I wake up tired with an aching body.  

Thought I had DVT after digging a few days ago.....my lower left leg really hurt for a couple of days and then the pain vanished.  Have lower abdominal pain today and around the bladder, again from gardening.

Woke up super tired this morning, aching all over; almost fell asleep during movie this afternoon??

Recently had Full Blood count checked, all good.

Time to join a gym?

Major Life Events: 

I think gardening is too stimulating for my CNS.

Just done a load of digging, pulling up ivy, and my hands are shaking, I feel like a nervous wreck.

My breathing feels shallow etc., and it also doesn't help my allergies ☹️ and my gut feels a bit off.

Really sad about this, as I found something I really enjoyed doing, and its too much for me.

Got to learn from this, the trouble is, there is much to do to keep the garden from being invaded by weeds, and keeping the soil healthy etc.,

Any advice from fellow gardeners out there?

Major Life Events: 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi, JC.

It’s not as so much about the activity, I suspect, as it is about the attitude you take towards it. If you could do a little bit at a time and stop when you want and rest and take it over a few days that wouldn’t create a ton of stress. I imagine your personality says “I have to get this done now or it won’t look good and I’ll be behind on my obligations and then I’ll have even more on my plate for tomorrow...”. That is a source of more stress for your CNS.  Gardening can be relaxing or stressful depending on the attitude you take toward it. 

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

4 minutes ago, apace41 said:

Hi, JC.

It’s not as so much about the activity, I suspect, as it is about the attitude you take towards it. If you could do a little bit at a time and stop when you want and rest and take it over a few days that wouldn’t create a ton of stress. I imagine your personality says “I have to get this done now or it won’t look good and I’ll be behind on my obligations and then I’ll have even more on my plate for tomorrow...”. That is a source of more stress for your CNS.  Gardening can be relaxing or stressful depending on the attitude you take toward it. 

Best,

Andy

Thank you Andy,

Yes, it most likely is 😕

My chest feels tight, pounding heart and "all that jazz".

How are you these days? I know you're in a bad wave, thanks for replying to my update.

Best,

JC

Major Life Events: 

Hi jc

being an avid gardener I have learnt over the past year you have to take a backwards step and don’t look too much at the weeds but enjoy what is flourishing with the shrubs, flowers that are doing well. When you have days or hours where you feel enthusiastic then do an hour or so of digging, if that is too much then just pick up fallen debris. I am having to teach myself my garden is not the garden that once flourished with summer bedding and weed free soil but I can still get pleasure from the shrubs and camellias, rhododendrons etc that have bloomed fantastically this year without much care and attention from me. 

Slowly we will get our stamina back to tackle what comes easily to others. 

Hugs

1 minute ago, Scorpio said:

Hi jc

being an avid gardener I have learnt over the past year you have to take a backwards step and don’t look too much at the weeds but enjoy what is flourishing with the shrubs, flowers that are doing well. When you have days or hours where you feel enthusiastic then do an hour or so of digging, if that is too much then just pick up fallen debris. I am having to teach myself my garden is not the garden that once flourished with summer bedding and weed free soil but I can still get pleasure from the shrubs and camellias, rhododendrons etc that have bloomed fantastically this year without much care and attention from me. 

Slowly we will get our stamina back to tackle what comes easily to others. 

Hugs

Ah Scorpio, so pleased you love it too!!

So it does takes its toll then, all this physical work we have to do?  Hmm, you have a philosophical attitude to it...…………….I think its because I'm a "newbie", that any sensibility gets thrown to one side.

A couple of days ago, I discovered the most beautiful floribunda "wedding rose", it had reached dizzy heights, but was hidden by a tree and another tall shrub.  I reckon it was struggling with the competition for light, BUT I have erected a rose arch and now have it trained over it 😀

It has beautiful white flowers, and our garden has now changed completely with the arch to walk through.

"Slowly, slowly catchy monkey".

Hugs

Major Life Events: 

CNS has calmed - took about 2 hrs.

The pounding chest has stopped, thankfully and hands aren't trembling like they were.

Got to take a leaf out of Scorpio's book (excuse the pun), and just learn that I have to take it eas-ier.

Thanks also Andy for stating the obvious.  Sometimes I have to have it pointed out to me, lol.

Best,

JC

Major Life Events: 

Hi jc

yes just take the pleasure from the established plants for now. The arch sounds wonderful. I long for the days when my enthusiasm and energy returns and I know the garden will take priority over all those house cleaning jobs that have also been neglected. 

22 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Hi jc

yes just take the pleasure from the established plants for now. The arch sounds wonderful. I long for the days when my enthusiasm and energy returns and I know the garden will take priority over all those house cleaning jobs that have also been neglected. 

Hi Scorpio,

I've been resting today, and really think I'm in the throes of WD.

Frequent trips to bathroom, think I've got a UTI or infection "down there", (going to self-test tomorrow), anxiety, depression.

Don't feel enthusiastic about anything today...………..

We are going to a concert on Thursday, and I have to cycle to see my therapist tomorrow.  I dread having to go anywhere when I'm feeling susceptible to infection and my HA and mood are bad.

Its like starting all over again sometimes.

Major Life Events: 

Sorry if this is duplicate information, came across it today:

https://mentalhealthdaily.com/2015/03/19/10-best-supplements-for-antidepressant-withdrawal/

I find the discussions at the bottom of articles like this most interesting.

Major Life Events: 

Just an observation.

My PMS this month was just awful, terrible irritability with my husband and in general.  I felt as though I had been possessed it was so bad.

I also think my cycle has been badly affected by stopping ADs (not helped by peri-meno hormonal changes).

April - started @ 22 days (lasted 6 days) - N.B 7 days early

May - started @ 22 days (lasted 6 days) - N.B 7 days early

June - started @ 34 days (lasted 4 days) - N.B 7 days late

Fatigue has been an issue, as well as gut issues.

Gotta keep the faith.

Major Life Events: 

Hi jc

im so sorry to read you are struggling. I do know whenever I go into a phase of feeling worse that burning down below also returns. I self tested last time, about a month ago, also went to the doctor in the end as just didn’t trust my interpretation of the self test dip stick but no infection found. Are you taking the bearberry to help. I hope you get some relief soon it’s a miserable pain. 

You are not starting again you are on the home straight and like everything with w/d it will bite you when you least expect it. The strenuous gardening would probably have knocked your cns just rest for a few days and gently cycle tomorrow.  Be kind to yourself for a few days especially with your time of month hitting too. 

The 16th June will be my 2 month "anniversary" since stopping Lexapro.

I am already in the RED zone...…. meaning, severe WD symptoms tend to hit 6 weeks after stopping the AD.

Have to listen to my body more or I'll be in trouble.

Major Life Events: 

3 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Hi jc

im so sorry to read you are struggling. I do know whenever I go into a phase of feeling worse that burning down below also returns. I self tested last time, about a month ago, also went to the doctor in the end as just didn’t trust my interpretation of the self test dip stick but no infection found. Are you taking the bearberry to help. I hope you get some relief soon it’s a miserable pain. 

You are not starting again you are on the home straight and like everything with w/d it will bite you when you least expect it. The strenuous gardening would probably have knocked your cns just rest for a few days and gently cycle tomorrow.  Be kind to yourself for a few days especially with your time of month hitting too. 

Hi Scorpio,

Yes, I take the Bearberry twice daily (15 drops) as part of my supplement routine.  Have been reading how important supplements are when in WD.

I'm like you, doing the self test dip stick (and not trusting my interpretation of the result), and then seeing the doc for a second opinion (always best to be safe than sorry with infections).

LOL, my TOTM was done and dusted in 4 days!  Its all over the shop.

A healthy person's "too much" is light years more than someone in WD, where we can get pushed "over the edge" a lot sooner.  

I'm not sure what's going on "down there", it could be muscle strain.  Once again did too much digging 🌷

Must not jump to a negative conclusion with this - it won't necessarily end up with infection.

Hugs

Major Life Events: 

Major Life Events: 

Wrist pain (right wrist) has started up, no doubt after gardening yesterday and had pins and needles in left foot earlier.

"IT" has begun.

Major Life Events: 

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Jungle, 

I am responding to the article above.

Well it's good as it brings light to the idea that human rights have been violated.  Who is going to take responsibility for that though?  Pharmaceutical companies and the FDA?  The prescribers?   In my case having started medication(s) back circa 1988 or 1990........I  think only a few were aware of potential W/D and false marketing claims to these medications.  Then.  Back when I began my psychiatric career as I like to call it.   Certainly now there is no excuse.

Do I want to be a victim now though?  Hell-o no.  B) 

Anyway I extracted this section to shed some hope on what can often seem so hopeless.  I like hope.  I don't care much to believe in negative outcomes:

The second phase began 6 weeks after the drug was discontinued. These post withdrawal disorders rarely disappeared on their own. In many cases reactions were so severe that the person returned to his previous drug treatment. Here are the post withdrawal disorders found that lasted for years or became permanent. 

• Tardive dyskinesias  – involuntary movements of the tongue, lips, face, trunk, and extremities (well documented to last years or indefinitely without a known cure)
  • anxiety disorders including generalized anxiety and panic attacks
  • persistent insomnia
  • major depression
  • bipolar illness
  • disturbed mood
  • mood swings
  • irritability,
  • poor stress tolerance
  • impaired concentration
  • impaired memory

These effects are horrible enough when read in a list but devastating when read in the victim’s own words.

And okay......... as my own N=1 person and now getting close to 4 years off of Lexapro/excitalopram, 3 years off of low dose Adderall, and 1and 1/2 year off of Trileptal/oxcarbazine plus many, many more before that........I hereby attest that the only long lasting consequence I have, to date, is poor stress tolerance.  Truly. 

And of course with the poor stress tolerance.......when life events occur that are difficult.........I certainly have more difficulty with the concentration, memory, tears, and the like.  Then it lets up again.  Resilence.  I like to believe in that.

Anyway......hope you don't mind Jungle.  I've just been going with the flow of my sadness and pain today.  Now about ready to do something.......just after lunch time here.

Thanks for sharing.

Love, peace, healing, and growth,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
grammar

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

Back home after having had an accident cycling to therapy :unsure:

Paramedics gave me "all clear", but my forehead is still bleeding (superman effort straight over handle bars) with bike landing on top of me.

GOT to get a second car.

Major Life Events: 

• Moderator Emeritus
3 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

Paramedics gave me "all clear", but my forehead is still bleeding (superman effort straight over handle bars) with bike landing on top of me.

JC,

I'm glad that you are ok -- that sounds scary!

I think we are getting to the point where you need to acknowledge that you are in withdrawal and things like "cycling to therapy" are probably not the best idea. There has to be some other way to get there even without a second car.  You are like me -- you don't want to admit you have any limitations.  Unfortunately, at this point in our lives, as a result of withdrawal and its related harms, we do have limitations. 

It's something we all need to come to terms with.

Best,

Andy

Sertraline 50mg and Clonazapam .375mg from 2000 -- symptoms of dizziness Spring 2012

increased to .5 Clonazapam and 100mg Sertraline -- no improvement

Benzo microtaper from November 2012 to November 2014 (followed benzo sites "taper benzo first")

Started Sertraline taper in December 2014 cut by 25mg to 75mg; 62.5mg 1/1/15 and 50mg on 2/1/15

Held at 50mg through April 5 to use liquid 
Reduced dosage in 10% or less drops from 50mg to 25mg -- at single tablet of 25mg on 10/5/15

Transitioned to all liquid for accuracy while tapering -- Horrible insomnia -- back to 25mg liquid and held until October 1, 2016

10/16 -- 11/18 tapered very slowly to 10.6mg.  No real improvement and never really stable so updosed to 12.5mg (1/2 a pill) for convenience and long hold.

After 8+ months of holding with no noticeable improvement decided to add .4ml of liquid Prozac (about 1.5mg) to see if that improves the situation

Supplements, Magnesium, D3, Omega 3, curcumin, Valerian, 81mg Aspirin, L-Theanine, Vit. C,

6 minutes ago, Junglechicken said:

Back home after having had an accident cycling to therapy :unsure:

GOT to get a second car.

😣 good you ok JC .helmet I hope.  

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

1 minute ago, powerback said:

😣 good you ok JC .helmet I hope.  

No helmet Powerback, the Angels spared me.  Was wearing a sun hat.

Lesson learned there.

Major Life Events: 

5 minutes ago, apace41 said:

JC,

I'm glad that you are ok -- that sounds scary!

I think we are getting to the point where you need to acknowledge that you are in withdrawal and things like "cycling to therapy" are probably not the best idea. There has to be some other way to get there even without a second car.  You are like me -- you don't want to admit you have any limitations.  Unfortunately, at this point in our lives, as a result of withdrawal and its related harms, we do have limitations. 

It's something we all need to come to terms with.

Best,

Andy

Thanks Andy, so am I.  Went smack really hard onto Tarmac.

Yes, definitely limitations now due to WD, and I don't enjoy cycling to therapy like I used to (novelty wore off long ago).

Tinnitus is ringing even louder now.

Ughh!

Best,

JC

Major Life Events: 

1 minute ago, Junglechicken said:

No helmet Powerback, the Angels spared me.  Was wearing a sun hat.

Lesson learned there.

I want to pick up mountain biking myself but there's  a missing link in my brain for concentration that would make this dangerous ,the thoughts of being layed up for months in withdrawl with a broken leg is the ultimate hell .so just nice walks for the foreseeable future for me .  

Take care .

Alcohol free since February 2015 

1MG diazepam

4.5MG PROZAC.

5 minutes ago, powerback said:

I want to pick up mountain biking myself but there's  a missing link in my brain for concentration that would make this dangerous ,the thoughts of being layed up for months in withdrawl with a broken leg is the ultimate hell .so just nice walks for the foreseeable future for me .  

Take care .

Totally get that PB, I'm the same.

Would love to horse ride but too "fragile".

You have to be able to react with lightening speed when MTB'ing, I know.

Nice walks are better for CNS anyway and recovery.

TC

Major Life Events: