zeromg: Effexor / venlafaxine withdrawal - panic

zeromg

• Administrator

Need to see your daily notes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

3 minutes ago, Altostrata said:

Need to see your daily notes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I started them from early this morning by remembering back and will have it to you by tomorrow. I honestly thought you had made a decision that I'm experiencing interdose withdrawal and was waiting to hear what to do next so I didn't think you wanted more notes. 

venlafaxine 2001? to Aug 15, 2022 (up to 225 mg, quit cold turkey at 37.5 mg)

fluoxetine 2015 to Aug 15, 2022 (quit cold turkey at 20 mg)

lamotrigine 2005? to 2021? don't remember dosage

hydroxyzine Dec 2022 to mid-Apr 2023 50 mg

hydroxyzine 25 mg started on May 16, 2023

lithium first week of January 2023 don't remember dosage 

risperidone 2011 to present (up to 2 mg, now at 0.75 mg, not currently tapering)

lorazepam Sept 2021 to present 1 mg

• Moderator Emeritus

@zeromg You mentioned getting your treatment at the VA. Are you familiar with Angie Peacock?

She's a veteran who was also harmed by thesedrugs and is now a social worker who does online consulting for people coming off these drugs. 

Here is her website and bio - Angela Peacock Consulting - bio

She's well known within the drug withdrawal community and knows what she's doing. With as bare-boned as your daily journal is, I'm wondering if you may benefit more from someone talking you through this as opposed to the text-only communication on the withdrawal forums. 

It does cost money, so if that's an issue, Angie may not be affordable, although you may want to see if there's a sliding pay scale. And you may want to look through her resources and read her story to see if it resonates with you as a veteran and can keep you company along this journey. 

There's also a Veterans section on the Mad in America website. It looks like it's in it's earlier stages of development, but you may find some useful articles. 

Veterans, Service Members, and Military Families

3 hours ago, Shep said:

@zeromg You mentioned getting your treatment at the VA. Are you familiar with Angie Peacock?

She's a veteran who was also harmed by thesedrugs and is now a social worker who does online consulting for people coming off these drugs. 

Here is her website and bio - Angela Peacock Consulting - bio

She's well known within the drug withdrawal community and knows what she's doing. With as bare-boned as your daily journal is, I'm wondering if you may benefit more from someone talking you through this as opposed to the text-only communication on the withdrawal forums. 

It does cost money, so if that's an issue, Angie may not be affordable, although you may want to see if there's a sliding pay scale. And you may want to look through her resources and read her story to see if it resonates with you as a veteran and can keep you company along this journey. 

There's also a Veterans section on the Mad in America website. It looks like it's in it's earlier stages of development, but you may find some useful articles. 

Veterans, Service Members, and Military Families

Thanks for the resources.

venlafaxine 2001? to Aug 15, 2022 (up to 225 mg, quit cold turkey at 37.5 mg)

fluoxetine 2015 to Aug 15, 2022 (quit cold turkey at 20 mg)

lamotrigine 2005? to 2021? don't remember dosage

hydroxyzine Dec 2022 to mid-Apr 2023 50 mg

hydroxyzine 25 mg started on May 16, 2023

lithium first week of January 2023 don't remember dosage 

risperidone 2011 to present (up to 2 mg, now at 0.75 mg, not currently tapering)

lorazepam Sept 2021 to present 1 mg