Daisy1: Citalopram side effects causing misery

Daisy1

I'm so sorry Daisy! If anyone knows how you feel, I am one of the few.

The exact symptoms (severe DR, complete hangover, bad vision sometimes feel like close to be blinded or halucinatiing and burning/firing allover entire body ) gets more frequent and urgent.mthis has been with me since the reaction from Lexapro dose incraese, and I have been trying hard to cut dose to reduce the reaction symptoms while still trying NOT to trigger too much WD. Lately I have to reduce 1% every day in order to make the reaction bearable, but these few days, the 1% daily cut is not enough. It's so crazy that at this low dose, the drug can still make so much damage and make you feel that much reaction!

Do you have any symptoms that you think from WD?

I so hope you recover quickly from the hospital visit,and no bad impact from that on your healing.

You are not alone, and regardless how splint it takes, we will heal.

Sending you big long hugs,

Lex

Drug free Sep. 23 2017

2009 Mar.: lexapro 10mg for headache for 2 weeks.

2009-2012: on and off 1/4 to 1/3 of 10mg

2012 June--2013 Jan,: 1/4-1/3 of 10mg generic, bad jaw pain

2013 Jan-Mar: 10 mg generic. severe jaw and head pain;

2013 Mar--Aug. started tapering (liquid ever since) from 10 to 5 (one step) then gradually down to 2.25 mg by July. first ever panic attack, severe head/jaw pain

2013 Aug.: back to 2.75 mg; Nov: back to Brand Lex. 2.75mg -- 3mg,

2014 June: stopped PPI, head pressure/numbness. up-dosed 4.5mg, severe reaction mental symptoms added on

2014 Aug--2015 Aug: Micro taper down to 3.2mg, .025mg (<1%) cut holding 2-3 weeks.

2015 Aug 15th, Accidental one dose of 4.2mg. worsening brain non-functional, swollen head, body, coma like, DR

2016 Feb., started dosing 10am through 11 pm everyday 2/13--3.2mg, 3/15-- 2.9mg, 4/19-- 2.6mg, 6/26--2.2mg, 7/22 --1.9mg, 8/16--1.8mg,8/31--1.7m g, 9/13--1.6mg, 9/27--1.5mg, 10/8--1.4mg, 10/14--1.3mg, 11/1--1.2mg, 11/29--1.1mg, 12/12--1mg, 12/22--0.9mg

2017: 1/7--0.8mg, 1/15--0.7mg, 1/17--0.6mg, 1/20--0.52, 1/21--0.4mg, 1/22--0.26, 1/23--0.2, 2/13--0.13mg, 2/20--0.06mg, 3/18--0.13mg, 6/1--0.12mg, 7/6--0.1mg, 7/14--0.08mg, 8/17--0.04mg, 8/20--0.03mg, 8/28--0.02mg, 9/6--0.0205mg, 9/8--0.02mg, 9/17--0.015mg, 9/20--0.01mg, 9/21--0.0048mg, 9/22--0.0001mg,

Hi daisy, I am suffering badly as well and also need a wisdom tooth out. I am afraid of how I will react to those meds as I've had horrible reactions to a lot of things. I am in really bad shape at the moment but do know I need this tooth out. I've needed it out since probably August but my anxiety and panic is soooo bad.

How did the meds affect you? I've also never had surgery or a cavity or anything so I wouldn't even know what I'm in for. Definitely anxiety provoking for me. Hope you're healing well.

2011-2014: 25-50mg Zoloft then CT via doctors advice. Some mild physical sx but fully functioning, unaware that withdrawal was a thing. Dr didn’t know why I was chronically dizzy with brain fog & advised to try Zoloft again.

2016: severe adverse reactions to Zoloft (1 dose), Paxil (3 weeks), celexa (2 weeks), buspar (1 dose), lamictal (4 doses). Ativan 12 times within a month. Also tried Xanax & klonopin a couple times. Each reaction became more severe. Kindled. Became disabled from these meds.

Drug free 12-16-2016
Month 1-20: +5% healing every month
Month 21- present: setback to acute from amoxicillin antibiotic (1 dose)
Month 32- 11 months into setback from antibiotic. Seems I was floxed by amoxicillin somehow. Horrific.

I'm so sorry Daisy! If anyone knows how you feel, I am one of the few.

The exact symptoms (severe DR, complete hangover, bad vision sometimes feel like close to be blinded or halucinatiing and burning/firing allover entire body ) gets more frequent and urgent.mthis has been with me since the reaction from Lexapro dose incraese, and I have been trying hard to cut dose to reduce the reaction symptoms while still trying NOT to trigger too much WD. Lately I have to reduce 1% every day in order to make the reaction bearable, but these few days, the 1% daily cut is not enough. It's so crazy that at this low dose, the drug can still make so much damage and make you feel that much reaction!

Do you have any symptoms that you think from WD?

I so hope you recover quickly from the hospital visit,and no bad impact from that on your healing.

You are not alone, and regardless how splint it takes, we will heal.

Sending you big long hugs,

Lex

so sorry your not having a break Lex :( I really hope when your off the drug you have some healing. I don't have any adrenaline, burning, anxiety anymore. My adrenal glands no longer work. I am always tired. My head feels as though it's always trying to dream, I still suffer with constant loud running thoughts, songs etc. Complete anhedonia, and I cannot connect to anything in the world, nothing. I think it must be frontal lobe damage. I want to believe healing is possible, only it's been 7 months almost. Every day no change. Hanging on still...hugs to you x

Started Fluoxetine 40mg In 2010

Switched to citalopram 2011.Fluoxetine made me very drowsy.

Came off citalopram 2014 over 2 weeks tapering as advised by GP. Mild WD symptoms, brain zaps.

Almost 2 years med free, happy and less anxiety.

June 2016 start 20mg citalopram for anxiety, experince akathisa, intrusive harming thoughts, hallucinations, hypermania, negative ruminations, insomnia, no appetite, dioreah, racing thoughts/mind chatter.

Droped to 10mg for 1 week after 10 days on 20mg, then 1 week at 15mg by alternating doses then 1 week at 20mg before dropping to 10mg again for 1 week then 5 days at 5mg. Quick taper due to reaction.

Started .5mg lorozepam/ 2.5mg diazepam every other day from week 2 on cit sometimes daily for about 2 weeks stopped CT as was put on 25mg quetiapine.

Stopped cit 01/8/16. Stopped quetiapine 3/8/16

Taking fish oil

Hi daisy, I am suffering badly as well and also need a wisdom tooth out. I am afraid of how I will react to those meds as I've had horrible reactions to a lot of things. I am in really bad shape at the moment but do know I need this tooth out. I've needed it out since probably August but my anxiety and panic is soooo bad.

How did the meds affect you? I've also never had surgery or a cavity or anything so I wouldn't even know what I'm in for. Definitely anxiety provoking for me. Hope you're healing well.

Hi Waiting12, sorry to hear your suffering so much. I would get it removed if I was you. I never had surgery before this either. I left mine too late...I did resort to antibiotics which failed to work and had emergency surgery due to an abcess which could have caused sepsis. I would inform your dentist to any sensitivities you have...i know it's scary and worrying, I was petrified of what the aneastic would potentially do, but these teeth if unleft can cause many problems. Luckily I am not worse from the drugs I had in hospital, I believe they are utilized in different pathways...not like these evil poisons. If it's infected, try saline, corsodyl mouthwash. Some people I know have tried colloidal silver instead of antibiotics. Good luck

Came off citalopram 2014 over 2 weeks tapering as advised by GP. Mild WD symptoms, brain zaps.

June 2016 start 20mg citalopram for anxiety, experince akathisa, intrusive harming thoughts, hallucinations, hypermania, negative ruminations, insomnia, no appetite, dioreah, racing thoughts/mind chatter.

Droped to 10mg for 1 week after 10 days on 20mg, then 1 week at 15mg by alternating doses then 1 week at 20mg before dropping to 10mg again for 1 week then 5 days at 5mg. Quick taper due to reaction.

Started .5mg lorozepam/ 2.5mg diazepam every other day from week 2 on cit sometimes daily for about 2 weeks stopped CT as was put on 25mg quetiapine.

Taking fish oil

Thanks. Hopefully I can just opt to get a local anesthetic as my tooth is showing. Still very scared to sit in that chair. But I have constant anxiety at the moment so that fear is always around. Hoping it will let up soon and I can get it taken care of. Im not sure what I'm sensitive to other than anything neuroactive (psych meds, alcohol, caffeine etc) and vitamins. I'm glad those drugs didn't affect your situation that is good to know.

2011-2014: 25-50mg Zoloft then CT via doctors advice. Some mild physical sx but fully functioning, unaware that withdrawal was a thing. Dr didn’t know why I was chronically dizzy with brain fog & advised to try Zoloft again.

2016: severe adverse reactions to Zoloft (1 dose), Paxil (3 weeks), celexa (2 weeks), buspar (1 dose), lamictal (4 doses). Ativan 12 times within a month. Also tried Xanax & klonopin a couple times. Each reaction became more severe. Kindled. Became disabled from these meds.

Drug free 12-16-2016
Month 1-20: +5% healing every month
Month 21- present: setback to acute from amoxicillin antibiotic (1 dose)
Month 32- 11 months into setback from antibiotic. Seems I was floxed by amoxicillin somehow. Horrific.

• 5 years later...

I thought I’d come here to update. I was doing a lot better, I would say about 50-60% healed. I wasn’t “normal” but I started to feel alive again, and the DP/DR started to lift a bit and I could feel emotions again- not fully but enough to enjoy the little things. I got engaged, and have a beautiful daughter who is 4 years old in a few months. 
Unfortunately I got Covid on 30/01/22. The first week I was ok but I had a bad stomach and less appetite. I’ve deteriorated very quickly since. So much mental stuff back, the scariest being the very heavy DP/DR-I feel totally disconnected from everything again and can’t feel any positive emotions. I’ve also been having awful inner restlessness in my chest and rapid heart beat for no reason randomly. I’ve had to take propranolol for this as my heart rate was 120-130 at times just resting. 
Im so frightened. I have barely any appetite, and when I eat I get mucus in my throat and have a bad tummy.  I feel like I’m hanging on again every minute, the depression is awful. 
I can’t believe this has happened, I’m truly devastated and wonder if I will heal again ?

Taking fish oil

• Administrator

I'm sorry, @Daisy1. Not much is known about this post-covid condition. Many who have it have never been on psychiatric drugs. All we can do is assume the body is always working on repair.

You may be able to find a Facebook group for people with post-covid to discuss this specifically.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.