EyeCanDoIt: Trying to stop Zoloft

EyeCanDoIt

I was on 150mg of Zoloft and tried weaning off by halfing the dose every few weeks... I got down to zero but the symptoms after a few weeks were too bad... I went back up to 25 and then to 50... I've been at 50mg for at least 6 months (maybe longer)... Having read the info here, it looks like it's going to take me a few years to taper off 😨... I can do it :) I've sort of forgotten why I want to taper off... I think I just want to be free of pharmaceuticals. 

Thank you for this forum!!!!

• ChessieCat changed the title to EyeCanDoIt: Trying to stop Zoloft
  • Administrator

Welcome, EyeCanDoIt.

You've probably read Tips for tapering off Zoloft (sertraline), the techniques for tapering are there.

What were your withdrawal symptoms? Have they all gone away?

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Yes... I did read those tips... unfortunately I read them after I tried the liquid dosing... which burned my throat... oops :)

Withdrawal symptoms: I get zaps in my brain, and incredible noise sensitivity... after I was off for a few weeks, I felt very anxious and short tempered... my doctor says its my anxiety coming back... but it doesn't feel like that... I don't remember feeling like that before the meds.

11 hours ago, Altostrata said:

Have they all gone away?

I think so, yes... while on the 50mg.

I do have this thing where I get almost narcoleptic... I can't keep my eyes open... It started after I went down in dosage, but it might not be w/d related?

11 hours ago, Altostrata said: