MaggieSmalls: 6 month off Paxil with huge WD

MaggieSmalls

13 hours ago, Altostrata said:

It's 2023. You might have developed a new inner ear condition. Loose "crystals" causing vertigo is very common and easily treated with a simple exercise. Please talk to your doctor about this or other possibilities. Not everything is withdrawal.

I just booked an appointment for next week to get my ears checked. As I said, in the first years of WD I met lots of doctors to clear out everyhting but everyone told me I am perfectly healthy though I felt terrible.

I had vertigo in 2015 before I took meds and I used to get it when I felt stressed so If vertigo would be my sole problem I would agree that it´s not related to withdrawal but combined with all the other symptoms it´s hard for me to believe that it´s not withdrawal.

You healed after such a long time of WD but what made you certain that its WD and not a medical condition?

Also Is there a way to check / visualize nerve damage?

Started Paxil on January 2016 with 40mg

June 2016 - 30 mg, July 2016 - 20 mg, August 2016 - 20 mg, September 2016 - 15 mg, October 2016 - 10mg, November 2016 - 5mg, January 2017 - 3,75mg, 22/01/2017 2,5mg, 06/02/2017 0 mg

Symptoms I still have:

Dizziness (more in waves less in windows)

Brainfog & Derealization (constantly)

Muscle spasm

Hot and cold flashes with sweating (mostly in the evening)

Nightmares with hallucinations (not that frequent anymore)

Moodswings (from happy and optimistic to depressed and sad within a minute)

Joint pain

Symptoms that are gone:Anxiety & Panic, Insomnia, Deep phases of depression, Brainzaps

• Administrator

A lot of things can change from 2015 to 2023, such as your getting 7 years older.

No amount of peer support can fix your sudden onset of vertigo. If you do not want to look for solutions outside of withdrawal syndrome, you can simply cope with it until it goes away, or not. If it happens to be a medical condition, you might be able to resolve it fairly easily.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.