street129: hi

street129

3 hours ago, brassmonkey said:

I would suggest that you stay put on one dose and let all the recent changes settle out before trying anything else.  This can be a very slow process and updosing after several months of not seeing results can be very counter productive.  Now that you've done it I would stay with the 250mg for several months to let it stabilize.  Then you could start on a slow 10% taper. 

Fish oil should be taken with food because it is known to upset the stomach.  Vitamin B12 frequently causes problems for people who are tapering.

im staying here at my original dose where i feel comfortable knowing that i am taking this poison and nothing was changing.

thanks for letting me know bout fish oil, i will  not take it for a while,  i have discontinue taking my b12..horrible feelings, i think im very sensitive

im getting 6 hours of sleep with the 250mg, i also go to bed at 12am every night....

at the 225mg i slept longer most nights. i have no regrets going back. thanks for replying hope you're coming along..

i think i will do a 5% taper once i stabilize, and only god knows when that gonna  be.  

i was planning on going to the alternative to meds center but i heard a lot of bad reviews from this board so im not going.. i hope you're coming along with great days with your taper.

JOINED THIS BOARD AUGUST 27, 2017

250mg trazodone

250mg   Aug 21, 2017  tapering before I found SA

200mg -  Aug 21, 2017 to Aug 25, 2017 tapering before found SA

225mg -  Aug 26, 2017  updose holding

November 26, 2017. I reinstated my original dose of 250mg  trazodone..planning on holding for a very long time. No more withdrawal

June 14, 2020  at 10% 507  My first start of my trazodone 250mg  taper

6/16/20  90 mgai    7/26/20   81 mgai    9/6/20  72 mg ai 10/17/20- updose to 77 mgai  11/11/20- updose to 81 mgai  

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Street,

yes, I did see you went on back up to the 250mg. of trazadone.  Just try to stay put with it for at least a month now...........your brain and body will thank you.

and woah on the cost of the place in Arizona!!!!  I'm sure the interest on the loan is likely to be sky high too! 

Are you able to treat your own living situation as a "recovery house"..........and do you have some supportive people around that you can have some interaction with once in awhile?  Are you in the city or suburbs?  Just try not to isolate too, too much........while some solitude is good...........isolation can be not so good.

If you try the Omega 3's again and if you haven't already........try keeping them in the freezer........that made all the difference for me, it seemed........in alleviating some of the gastric distress(fish farts) anyway.  A nice bath in Epsom salts(mag sulfate) is great as well........very calming overall and relaxing for me.

Okay......best, Love, peace, recovery,

mmt

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

On 12/1/2017 at 1:48 PM, brassmonkey said:

I would suggest that you stay put on one dose and let all the recent changes settle out before trying anything else.  This can be a very slow process and updosing after several months of not seeing results can be very counter productive.  Now that you've done it I would stay with the 250mg for several months to let it stabilize.  Then you could start on a slow 10% taper. 

Fish oil should be taken with food because it is known to upset the stomach.  Vitamin B12 frequently causes problems for people who are tapering.

do you know of anything to take to help with withdrawal symptoms..  i appreciate it.

250mg trazodone

November 26, 2017. I reinstated my original dose of 250mg  trazodone..planning on holding for a very long time. No more withdrawal

6/16/20  90 mgai    7/26/20   81 mgai    9/6/20  72 mg ai 10/17/20- updose to 77 mgai  11/11/20- updose to 81 mgai  

do you know of anything to take to help with withdrawal symptoms..  i appreciate it.  i will stay at my dose. thanks for replying..

250mg trazodone

11 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

Hi Street,

yes, I did see you went on back up to the 250mg. of trazadone.  Just try to stay put with it for at least a month now...........your brain and body will thank you.

and woah on the cost of the place in Arizona!!!!  I'm sure the interest on the loan is likely to be sky high too! 

Are you able to treat your own living situation as a "recovery house"..........and do you have some supportive people around that you can have some interaction with once in awhile?  Are you in the city or suburbs?  Just try not to isolate too, too much........while some solitude is good...........isolation can be not so good.

If you try the Omega 3's again and if you haven't already........try keeping them in the freezer........that made all the difference for me, it seemed........in alleviating some of the gastric distress(fish farts) anyway.  A nice bath in Epsom salts(mag sulfate) is great as well........very calming overall and relaxing for me.

Okay......best, Love, peace, recovery,

mmt

do you know of anything to take to help with withdrawal symptoms..  i appreciate it.   omega 3 has me farting to much, and im very sensitive to supplements, im to scared to start back,,

im not going Arizona many bad reviews from this site. isnt epsom salt a salt that goes in your body and raise your salt intake... i dont really have support , i dont talk about my issue of tapering with my sisters,  i talk with my daughter but not about this, i try to come here for support but its hard finding anyone to be in my corner . im trying to find that person, i didnt know this place had so many people and its  a different board that im accustome too. i really need a ''friend on here that understand me and i understand them, i will keep trying ...

250mg trazodone

The only things we recommend are Omega3 and magnesium.  They are the only supplements that have shown to be helpful in most cases, but they don't work for everyone.  Anything else is to unpredictable to be useful.  A lot of members have tried a lot of different things, they sometimes work for a few weeks and then stop, don't work at all and often cause things to become worse.  Before you try a supplement do a lot of research and ask questions, and if you go ahead start with a very small dose for a few weeks to see how it affects you.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Street,

Epsom salt is made up of Magnesium Sulfate.   Technically, it's not really a salt at all.  I just find it calming.   It's just like the Magnesium Citrate that you had taken by mouth.  I did see some previous posts on that in your journal here.  The only difference with the mag sulfate(epsom salt) is that you absorb it through your skin, not from your gut.   Do you have a bathtub at home?  They both can help with agitation, fears, and just that general worked up feeling.  So no worries about your salt balance. 

You might wait a little bit then before trying the "frozen" Omega 3's again.......as it's possible that your nervous system was just too sensitive.  I generally just take 1200 mg. of the Omega's.  One can take up to 3000 mg., safely but that was too much for me.  I waited awhile and then did just fine with them. 

In the meantime go to the symptoms and self care section and read about all the non-medication coping skills, or look on others threads for what they do.  There's also more on the use of magnesium and omega 3's there.   Like brassmonkey said........that's all that we can recommend that "might" be helpful.

Yes, do keep trying to connect with others here for additional support and friendship.  That can really help a lot.  There are lot's of strings where you can just talk about life or read other's experiences and relate.  Have faith......in something that will pull you through, as well as in yourself.  You can mention something to your sisters or daughter..........just don't belabor it or expect them to understand.  I came up with a lot of different things that I would tell people about my condition.  ARSM was one, I'd say I was having "A Reaction to Some Medications".  Another was HRI........for "Health Related Issues".  Just be non specific I guess.  It worked for me.  I still have some friends and all of my family still loves me!    And do force yourself to get on out of your "personal recovery center/monastery" a few times a week.......or invite someone over even.

I am glad you are not wasting time and money on Arizona or any other "detox type centers".   This, W/D, is not really understood or managed very well at those centers.......

Okay, nighty night and best,

mmt

Edited by manymoretodays
grammar

Late 2023- gone to emeritus status, inactive, don't @ me, I can check who I've posted on, and I'm not really here like I used to be......thanks.

Started with psycho meds/psychiatric care circa 1988.  In retrospect, and on contemplation, situational overwhelm.

Rounding up to 30 years of medications(30 medication trials, poly-pharmacy maximum was 3 at one time).

5/28/2015-off Adderal salts 2.5mg. (I had been on that since hospital 10/2014)

12/2015---just holding, holding, holding, with trileptal/oxcarb at 75 mg. 1/2 tab at hs.  My last psycho med ever!  Tapered @ 10% every 4 weeks, sometimes 2 weeks to

2016 Dec 16 medication free!!

Longer signature post here, with current supplements.

Herb and alcohol free since 5/15/2016.  And.....I quit smoking 11/2021. Lapsed.  Redo of quit smoking 9/28/2022.  Can you say Hallelujah?(took me long enough)💜

None of my posts are intended as medical advice.  Please discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical provider.  My success story:  Blue skies ahead, clear sailing

13 hours ago, street129 said:

do you know of anything to take to help with withdrawal symptoms..  i appreciate it.   omega 3 has me farting to much, and im very sensitive to supplements, im to scared to start back,,

im not going Arizona many bad reviews from this site. isnt epsom salt a salt that goes in your body and raise your salt intake... i dont really have support , i dont talk about my issue of tapering with my sisters,  i talk with my daughter but not about this, i try to come here for support but its hard finding anyone to be in my corner . im trying to find that person, i didnt know this place had so many people and its  a different board that im accustome too. i really need a ''friend on here that understand me and i understand them, i will keep trying ...

I don't know anything about Trazodone. I'm tapering Lexapro, then Xanax. I made a HUGE mistake on my tapering. But no one is perfect. You can read my thread. If you ever want to talk, I'm always around. 

I hope you you are doing well. Don't worry, you are not alone here. I thought the same thing and now I talk to quite a few people.

Jump over to my thread anytime. It would be nice to have a new friend.

Take care,

Frogie xx

PREVIOUS medications and discontinuations: Have been on medications since 1996. 

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

I am not a medical professional.

The suggestions I make are based on personal experience.

1 hour ago, Frogie said:

I don't know anything about Trazodone. I'm tapering Lexapro, then Xanax. I made a HUGE mistake on my tapering. But no one is perfect. You can read my thread. If you ever want to talk, I'm always around. 

I hope you you are doing well. Don't worry, you are not alone here. I thought the same thing and now I talk to quite a few people.

Jump over to my thread anytime. It would be nice to have a new friend.

Take care,

Frogie xx

hi frogie, you are one of my friend that i an so happy getting to know,  i am reading your threads ,,and we do make mistakes that we can correct. im hoping for a good day, i will sure let you know when that day happens, i am hoping you are coming along in your wellness, love you much..

250mg trazodone

12 hours ago, manymoretodays said:

Hi Street,

Epsom salt is made up of Magnesium Sulfate.   Technically, it's not really a salt at all.  I just find it calming.   It's just like the Magnesium Citrate that you had taken by mouth.  I did see some previous posts on that in your journal here.  The only difference with the mag sulfate(epsom salt) is that you absorb it through your skin, not from your gut.   Do you have a bathtub at home?  They both can help with agitation, fears, and just that general worked up feeling.  So no worries about your salt balance. 

You might wait a little bit then before trying the "frozen" Omega 3's again.......as it's possible that your nervous system was just too sensitive.  I generally just take 1200 mg. of the Omega's.  One can take up to 3000 mg., safely but that was too much for me.  I waited awhile and then did just fine with them. 

In the meantime go to the symptoms and self care section and read about all the non-medication coping skills, or look on others threads for what they do.  There's also more on the use of magnesium and omega 3's there.   Like brassmonkey said........that's all that we can recommend that "might" be helpful.

Yes, do keep trying to connect with others here for additional support and friendship.  That can really help a lot.  There are lot's of strings where you can just talk about life or read other's experiences and relate.  Have faith......in something that will pull you through, as well as yourself.  You can mention something to your sisters or daughter..........just don't belabor it or expect them to understand.  I came up with a lot of different things that I would tell people about my condition.  ARSM was one, I'd say I was having "A Reaction to Some Medications".  Another was HRI........for "Health Related Issues".  Just be non specific I guess.  It worked for me.  I still have some friends and all of my family still loves me!    And do force yourself to get on out of your "personal recovery center/monastery" a few times a week.......or invite someone over even.

I am glad you are not wasting time and money on Arizona or any other "detox type centers".   This, W/D, is not really understood or managed very well at those centers.......

Okay, nighty night and best,

mmt

this is what i found but because i am learning so much from the people on here and what not to take, i want to say ''THANK YOU ALL''..... look at this link....

https://vitaminsupport.com/products/ssrisupport-ssri-and-antidepressant-withdrawal-aid-supplement?variant=22758736321

I will not be buying any of those products too many supplements in one pill.. i got this in my email today....NOT GOOD...

250mg trazodone

16 minutes ago, street129 said:

hi frogie, you are one of my friend that i an so happy getting to know,  i am reading your threads ,,and we do make mistakes that we can correct. im hoping for a good day, i will sure let you know when that day happens, i am hoping you are coming along in your wellness, love you much..

I made a Huge mistake and I'm just going on. I'll be ok. I have some anxiety going on, especially in my knees, so weird. 

I saw that you are following me. That's great. My thread is pretty busy, so if you post on there you will meet more people.

I'm asking everyone I know, do you get anxiety? I take Xanax and it helps, but I think my mistake and the situational stuff going on is making it a little more ramped up. 

I just started posting on people's threads and that's how I got to know them.

I look forward to talking to you. It's always nice to have new friends to help each other.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Valium, Gabapentin, Lamictal, Prilosec and Zantac from 2000 to 2015 with a fast taper by a psychiatrist.

Liquid Lexapro Nov, 2016 to 31-March, 2019 Lexapro free!!! (total Lexapro taper was 4 years-started with pill form)

---CURRENT MEDICATIONS:Supplements:Milk Thistle, Metamucil, Magnesium Citrate, Vitamin D3, Levothyroxine 25mcg, Vitamin C, Krill oil.

Xanax 1mg 3x day June, 2000 to 19-September, 2020 Went from .150 grams (average weight of 1 Xanax) 3x day to .003 grams 3x day. April 1, 2021 went back on 1mg a day. Started tapering May 19, 2023. July 28, 2023-approximately .87mg. Dr. fast tapered me at the end and realized he messed up. Prescribe it again and I am doing "slower than a turtle" taper.

19-September, 2020 Xanax free!!! (total Xanax taper was 15-1/2 months-1-June, 2019-19-September, 2020)

15 hours ago, brassmonkey said:

The only things we recommend are Omega3 and magnesium.  They are the only supplements that have shown to be helpful in most cases, but they don't work for everyone.  Anything else is to unpredictable to be useful.  A lot of members have tried a lot of different things, they sometimes work for a few weeks and then stop, don't work at all and often cause things to become worse.  Before you try a supplement do a lot of research and ask questions, and if you go ahead start with a very small dose for a few weeks to see how it affects you.

i used to take a piece of magnesium citrate, just a small piece, i will try taking that again  veryy soon, but scared to take anything,  i have stop taking my medication for high cholestrol and high blood pressure, i also stop my folice acid. tomorrow the 5th of December i have an appointment with my cardi. to do a stress test on my heart and another test i dont know the name right now. i will report back after the test.  

this is what i found in my email..but because i am learning so much from the people on here and what not to take, i want to say ''THANK YOU ALL''..... look at this link....

https://vitaminsupport.com/products/ssrisupport-ssri-and-antidepressant-withdrawal-aid-supplement?variant=22758736321

all those supplements in one pill, if you get ill from it you will never know which one is the cause. learn that here.. and i appreciate it very much. i love this site and the knowledge that it comes with. thanks every one. 

250mg trazodone

3 minutes ago, street129 said:

i used to take a piece of magnesium citrate, just a small piece, i will try taking that again  veryy soon, but scared to take anything,  i have stop taking my medication for high cholestrol and high blood pressure, i also stop my folice acid. tomorrow the 5th of December i have an appointment with my cardi. to do a stress test on my heart and another test i dont know the name right now. i will report back after the test.  

this is what i found in my email..but because i am learning so much from the people on here and what not to take, i want to say ''THANK YOU ALL''..... look at this link....

all those supplements in one pill, if you get ill from it you will never know which one is the cause. learn that here.. and i appreciate it very much. i love this site and the knowledge that it comes with. thanks every one. 

I don't know your history but is it safe to stop taking your high blood pressure meds? My fiancé is on them that's why I ask.

I was told to only try one thing at a time, not a combination pill. Then you know what doesn't agree with you.

Good luck with your tests tomorrow. Let us know how it goes.

Take care,

Frogie xx

2 hours ago, Frogie said:

I don't know your history but is it safe to stop taking your high blood pressure meds? My fiancé is on them that's why I ask.

I was told to only try one thing at a time, not a combination pill. Then you know what doesn't agree with you.

Good luck with your tests tomorrow. Let us know how it goes.

Take care,

Frogie xx

i was at one point taking my pressure pill...( water pill).. and i didnt notice any reaction from it,  i will start back on it but i will cut that pill in half for. im not just yet ready to take any pills .... my spirit is not there yet. i took my high cholestoral  pill couple days ago and i immediately felt sick,  i will try to eat a lot of fish and fruit and veggies , lentil soups .. i do a lot of green smoothies. 

hi frogie ... glad to hear from you, i will post on your intro and hope others will find me interesting.  lol.. i will built up the  courage ..

250mg trazodone

57 minutes ago, street129 said:

i was at one point taking my pressure pill...( water pill).. and i didnt notice any reaction from it,  i will start back on it but i will cut that pill in half for. im not just yet ready to take any pills .... my spirit is not there yet. i took my high cholestoral  pill couple days ago and i immediately felt sick,  i will try to eat a lot of fish and fruit and veggies , lentil soups .. i do a lot of green smoothies. 

hi frogie ... glad to hear from you, i will post on your intro and hope others will find me interesting.  lol.. i will built up the  courage ..

I just checked my blood pressure and it was 128/85, high for me. I'll check it later. I've been reading so that could have ramped up my anxiety.

I can't take anti cholesterol meds, they make me really sick.

Just stop by my thread and say high, bet you get people saying hi back. :)

Take care,

Frogie xx

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Street - 

The expensive solutions you are looking at - Neurofeedback, the Sedona Clinic - are just going to take away years of your income.

The cheapest solutions are best!  The simplest solutions are best!  The less you fiddle around with trying supplements, etc.  (except for Magnesium and Omega-3 fish oil) the better.

On 04/12/2017 at 11:41 AM, street129 said:

isnt epsom salt a salt that goes in your body and raise your salt intake... 

It is a magnesium salt, not sodium chloride.  It increases the magnesium into your body, and helps with blood pressure.

If you are still using table salt - consider switching to a natural sea salt or pink Himalayan salt.  The table salt at the grocery is a manufactured product, and can be more harmful.  The natural salts are lower in sodium chloride, and provide food amounts of electrolytes and microminerals.

Epsom salts baths are excellent for anxiety, agitation, pain.    Epsom Salts - Another Way to Relax with Magnesium

12 hours ago, street129 said:

i have stop taking my medication for high cholestrol and high blood pressure, i also stop my folice acid. tomorrow the 5th of December i have an appointment with my cardi. to do a stress test on my heart and another test i dont know the name right now. i will report back after the test.  

How do you plan to come off your other medications?

They should be tapered.

I recommend getting rid of the statin first (cholesterol), as it can be depressing and fatiguing.

How long have you been on cholesterol medications?  Have they suggested you take CoQ10 with them?  If they haven't, that is becoming a form of negligence that we need to hold our doctors accountable for.  Statins cut off the body's much needed supply of CoQ10, in addition to lowering cholesterol numbers.  Additionally, if they tell you that your cholesterol numbers are a heart risk, there is evidence to the contrary.  People who should not be given statins for "maintenance" are women and people over 50.  The risks are greater than the rewards.

If you need citations for your doctor, there is a book called "The Great Cholesterol Myth" which has a lot of information, and there's a lot of excellent information here, too: https://spacedoc.com/  

Coming off blood pressure drugs is trickier.  They can mess with your mood.  They are short acting - and I found that when they wore off - my heart pounding problem was worse!  So there is a rebound effect from them.  It will have to be tapered carefully to prevent blood pressure events.

My cardio wanted me on blood pressure drugs, even though my heart rate and blood pressure are normal.  He did a re-test in 3 months, and after he said, "This is great improvement - keep taking your drugs," I informed him that I wasn't taking his drugs, I was taking magnesium taurate, fish oil, motherwort and hawthorne, as well as breathing exercises, yoga and fitness.  His eyes opened wide, and he said, "Okay, then, keep doing what you are doing."

Google this:  "Reduce Blood Pressure Naturally" - and you will come up with a lot of solutions.  Here's a good website:  https://www.verywell.com/walking-workouts-for-high-blood-pressure-4099134   and  https://www.verywell.com/natural-remedies-for-high-blood-pressure-88332   - note that the herbs and spices which are good for blood pressure can sometimes be used to spice your food, and achieve good benefit.  Like fresh garlic & onions.  They don't need to be tablets or supplements!

Just for fun, I'll look at this: 

14 hours ago, street129 said:

And - it's got tryptophan AND 5HtP  in it - contraindicated for antidepressant withdrawal.  A lot of people react to Tyrosine, and the B vitamins (even the P5P should be used with caution!)  Some orthomolecular doctors say that NOBODY should take folate, and it, too, should be taken with caution.  There's a "Velvet Bean" which claims to contain l-Dopa - OMG, more neurotransmitters!

Having tryptophan AND 5HtP in the SAME supplement is using a bulldozer to dig a post hole!  If one is contraindicated, and the other is contraindicated - putting both together would be double trouble!

These people do not know anything about psych drug withdrawal and are putting together a shotgun package to prey upon the desperate and needy (most of us!).

You did really well to walk past this one!  Plus - as all of these "combinations" are - it's expensive!

9 hours ago, street129 said:

pressure pill...( water pill)

Oh!  A diuretic is not the same thing as a blood pressure pill.  How did the visit with the cardio go?

You can do the same thing as a diuretic by taking electrolytes (those good salts I was telling you about) and plenty of water!  

Are you getting puffy feet?  I'm eager to hear what your cardio doc says - what kind of tests did he run?  What are his concerns?

You realize that some of what he is treating could be anxiety and withdrawal.  You won't know the true condition of your heart until you are finished with your taper.

Are you still holding?  Planning to hold during the holidays?  Take care with "trying things," because if they go south (like the B12) - it can add a month to your holding time.

What are you doing to help you meet new people in your neighborhood?  Have you found a church or Caribbean group to hang out with?

I hope you see the Sun today!

"Easy, easy - just go easy and you'll finish." - Hawaiian Kapuna

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The tedious thread (my intro):  JanCarol ☼ Reboxetine first, then Lithium

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

My own blog:  https://shamanexplorations.com/shamans-blog/

I have been psych drug FREE since 1 Feb 2016!

• Moderator Emeritus

Oh Street!

I just found this on Lojo's thread:

hi you need to talk im here. i also need to communicate with people on this forum.im stll having withdrawal and i have reinstate my original pill back to 250mg. for like for days, hoping for change,.

Um - are you bouncing your doses?

Please don't bounce your doses!

So you are on the 250 again.  Please plan to hold there for at least a month - likely more like 3 months - before you consider tapering again.

Please update your signature.  It is vitally important that mods know your current doses at all times!

Holding is hard work, holding is a blessing. Give your brain time to heal before you try again.

My suggestions are not medical advice, you are in charge of your own medical choices.

A lifetime of being prescribed antidepressants that caused problems (30 years in total). At age 35 flipped to "bipolar," but was not diagnosed for 5 years. Started my journey in Midwest United States. Crossed the Pacific for love and hope; currently living in Australia.   CT Seroquel 25 mg some time in 2013.   Tapered Reboxetine 4 mg Oct 2013 to Sept 2014 = GONE (3 years on Reboxetine).     Tapered Lithium 900 to 475 MG (alternating with the SNRI) Jan 2014 - Nov 2014, tapered Lithium 475 mg Jan 2015 -  Feb 2016 = GONE (10 years  on Lithium).  Many mistakes in dry cutting dosages were made.

The happy thread (my success story):  JanCarol - Undiagnosed  Off all bipolar drugs

Hi:

Just thought I would say hi and see how you are doing?

I'm a wreck, but I'll be ok.

Hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

1 hour ago, Frogie said:

Hi:

Just thought I would say hi and see how you are doing?

I'm a wreck, but I'll be ok.

Hope you are doing well.

Take care,

Frogie xx

hi there my friend, its finally getting cold here.  im monitoring my symptoms, and hoping for a window to open for me,  im praying and asking the lord to see me through these trying times..

i started taking small pieces of magnesium once a day a couple of days now but i dont think its agreeing with me, that is the only vitamin im taking, and i will not take it anymore... the only pill that im on and im taking is my sleeping pill. and i've been on it for 2 years, im not on any other pill and never has...

i just wish i had found this place first before i took it upon myself too taper, i would not have be in withdrawal cause this place would have told me how to do it correctly.  

im still experiencinig burning in the skin/body.. mostly in my back, its difficult to sleep at night. i put a cold ice bottle next to my skin to cool off and i keep my window crack so cold air can come in my bedroom ...

you will be the first one that i will tell once i start to feel myself again....

im also praying that you see many windows opening up and you're doing ok too.

you are so special and such a kind and rare person. i love you and im so glad i can turn to you and feel comfortable.. ''thanks you''

250mg trazodone

25 minutes ago, street129 said:

hi there my friend, its finally getting cold here.  im monitoring my symptoms, and hoping for a window to open for me,  im praying and asking the lord to see me through these trying times..

i started taking small pieces of magnesium once a day a couple of days now but i dont think its agreeing with me, that is the only vitamin im taking, and i will not take it anymore... the only pill that im on and im taking is my sleeping pill. and i've been on it for 2 years, im not on any other pill and never has...

i just wish i had found this place first before i took it upon myself too taper, i would not have be in withdrawal cause this place would have told me how to do it correctly.  

im still experiencinig burning in the skin/body.. mostly in my back, its difficult to sleep at night. i put a cold ice bottle next to my skin to cool off and i keep my window crack so cold air can come in my bedroom ...

you will be the first one that i will tell once i start to feel myself again....

im also praying that you see many windows opening up and you're doing ok too.

you are so special and such a kind and rare person. i love you and im so glad i can turn to you and feel comfortable.. ''thanks you''

You are so welcome.

I will pray that you have a huge window open for a long time.

As you can see, I've been on so many different meds it's not funny. This is it. Lexapro which I'm tapering now, then Xanax. I'm never going through this again.

You will be ok. Just take it easy and be sure to stabilize before you taper again. I've made that mistake too many times and would hate for you to make that mistake.

I'm so glad you trust me and will let me know when you feel better.

I try to be kind and caring because I want people to be kind and caring to me. In WD it is horrible when people are mean.

It finally snowed here. First time this winter. We only got about an inch and now the forecast is for 50's-60's for the next 10 days, so no more snow :( I love to watch it snow. And the farmers really need it where I live.

I'm glad I made a new friend.

You take care.

Frogie xx

On 12/5/2017 at 1:06 AM, JanCarol said:

Oh Street!

So you are on the 250 again.  Please plan to hold there for at least a month - likely more like 3 months - before you consider tapering again.

Please update your signature.  It is vitally important that mods know your current doses at all times!

i will hold..thanks... i did the signature

250mg trazodone

• 1 month later...

I haven't been here in a much needed brake,  i'm now  awake since 4 am... i'm  once again taking valtrex for my cold sore, its messing with my sleep. my side affect is insomnia, and itching...i had only 2 hours sleep, i am planning on doing a 5 percent taper at the end of February  which will be 3 month back at my original dose of 250mg of my trazodone. i will be taking 237.50mg.. i just need to be updated on the length on this new dose, is it 28 days or 30 days going forward.   and do i hold on this dose for 2 more weeks. is hold meaning take 2 more weeks of 237.50. 

My symptoms  is no more, but as of right now being on the valtrex has me shaking and little sleep. i will not be taking any more been on it for the pass 3 days.my two fingers are numb this morning.

so i saw a  dr the other day i told them i had stop taking trazodone, and  the 2 drs, in unicent said oh that is out of my system, my eyes opened wild, i thought about here and other members.

250mg trazodone

On 12/7/2017 at 9:12 PM, street129 said:

i will hold..thanks... i did the signature

On 12/5/2017 at 1:06 AM, JanCarol said:

Oh Street!

Hi there JanCarol,, hope all is well with you..........I haven't been here in a much needed brake,  i'm now  awake since 4 am... i'm  once again taking valtrex for my cold sore, its messing with my sleep. my side affect is insomnia, and itching...i had only 2 hours sleep, i am planning on doing a 5 percent taper at the end of February  2018 which will be 3 month back at my original dose of 250mg of my trazodone. i will be taking 237.50mg.. i just need to be updated on the length on this new dose, is it 28 days or 30 days going forward.   and do i hold on this dose for 2 weeks. is hold meaning take 2 more weeks of 237.50mg. 

My symptoms  is no more, but as of right now being on the valtrex has me shaking and little sleep. i will not be taking any more been on it for the pass 3 days.my two fingers are numb this morning.

so i saw a  dr the other day i told them i had stop taking trazodone, and  the 2 drs, in unicent said oh that is out of my system, my eyes opened wild, i thought about here and other members. lol..

250mg trazodone

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Street - 

If the Valtrex messes with you this much, can't you just get a topical one for your cold sore?

I mean, it's just a cold sore, after all.  It's not life threatening - so why do you need to take drugs for it?

I've heard that those anti-virals can be really difficult.  We have a topical thing here in Australia, you put it on the cold sore, and it doesn't mess up your whole system.

Doctors, I swear.  

So - the doctors are not willing to support your taper?  Is that what I understand?  

Perhaps it is time for a new doctor?

Let's get the Valtrex out of your system (please ask for topical next time) and it sounds like when that settles down, you might be ready for your first taper.

How does that feel?

• 1 year later...

Hi:

It's been forever since I heard from you. The last time I saw you post, you said you were going to hold for a long time.

I'm glad you are feeling well enough to try a taper again.

If you go slow enough, and follow the instructions on here, you will do fine.

It took me forever to listen. Once I did, I started to feel better and was able to get off the Lexapro. I've been off almost 3 months. I've had 2 little "bumps" but they only lasted a couple of days. Overall I feel good. I'm now tapering my Xanax, then I'll be done with these horrible meds! Just taking it nice and slow.

But, the best news is we bought a house in a city! That was the most stressful 2 months after going through wd. but it's ours. Now I just have to be patient because we have to save the money for a moving company, but at least I know I'm getting out of here. And my fiance needs to find a job now that we have bought the house.

Again, I'm so happy for you. If I can do it you can do it! Just nice and slow wins the race. I'm here for moral support if you need it or just to chat. I just don't get on very often. But I will check with you here and there. I have a thread that's called Frogie's Off-Topic where we can chat all we want😊

Good luck!!!!

Take care,

Frogie xx

Haven't been here over a year still at my beginning point 250mg of TrazodoneI need to get off of this drug. I want to dry cut but I don't know how to begin,  a little help goes a long way.

how do I start to do the dry cut with a scale.  My ordered scale is on its way,

250mg trazodone

Just now, street129 said:

Haven't been here over a year still at my beginning point 250mg of TrazodoneI need to get off of this drug. I want to dry cut but I don't know how to begin a little help goes a long way how do I start to do the dry cut with a scale.

Just now, street129 said:

Haven't been here over a year still at my beginning point 250mg of TrazodoneI need to get off of this drug. I want to dry cut but I don't know how to begin a little help goes a long way how do I start to do the dry cut with a scale.

What I did was I took 10 of my Xanax tablets and weighed them. They weighed 1.50 grams (mg). I then divided that by 10 to get an average. It averaged .150grams (mg). I took the back of a spoon and crushed the Xanax into a fine powder and weighed 5% off of the .150mg which equaled .142. I put the powder into "0" size vegetable capsules that I ordered off of Amazon cheap. I weighed a month's worth. I put them into a baggie and marked the baggie, "June, 2019 Xanax, 90 capsules, 5% taper from .150mg to .142mg." It was easier for me to do i that way than to dry cut each tablet. Brassmonkey told me to try it that way. He is very smart and has a lot of experience doing that. It's only my suggestion. The mods and especially Brassmonkey knows a lot about this.

You have to do what's right for you. 

Maybe you could talk to Brassmonkey about it. That's how he did his taper off Paxil.

But I will be here for you. It's nice to have a friend back ☺️

Take care,

Frogie xx

1 hour ago, Frogie said:

What I did was I took 10 of my Xanax tablets and weighed them. They weighed 1.50 grams (mg). I then divided that by 10 to get an average. It averaged .150grams (mg). I took the back of a spoon and crushed the Xanax into a fine powder and weighed 5% off of the .150mg which equaled .142. I put the powder into "0" size vegetable capsules that I ordered off of Amazon cheap. I weighed a month's worth. I put them into a baggie and marked the baggie, "June, 2019 Xanax, 90 capsules, 5% taper from .150mg to .142mg." It was easier for me to do i that way than to dry cut each tablet. Brassmonkey told me to try it that way. He is very smart and has a lot of experience doing that. It's only my suggestion. The mods and especially Brassmonkey knows a lot about this.

You have to do what's right for you. 

Maybe you could talk to Brassmonkey about it. That's how he did his taper off Paxil.

But I will be here for you. It's nice to have a friend back ☺️

Take care,

Frogie xx

250mg trazodone

I'm assuming  you put all 10 on the scale at one time, this is just for my clarity for when I start I want to do it right also. Im scare of withdrawals 

250mg trazodone

it don't seem hard after you know what you're doing I wish I could get on board and get going on this I know I would be so happy

250mg trazodone

Yes, I put all 10 tablets on the scale at the same time to get a correct weight. Then I average the weight to taper the 5% a month that I am doing. It's not difficult once you get the hang of it.

You have to start this process when you are ready. No one can tell you otherwise. You might get some withdrawal symptoms. I can't tell you either way. I did on my Lexapro and a few little symptoms so far with my Xanax. But it sure beats staying on these meds. I just had to learn to accept the symptoms. And once I listened to the mods, it made it a lot easier.

Everyone on here will be here to give you support. The mods on here are very knowledgeable and will help you through it.

I hope that helps.

Take care,

Frogie xx

do you put the crush powder on the scale how is the 5% substracted

250mg trazodone

My pill is 250mg so I have this lady on here who will help me once I get my scale. It's on its way, if you care to meet her let me know

250mg trazodone

Hi Street-- I'm going to answer your PM here so you have a proper record of it that is easy to find.

First here is the official link on tapering trazodone; https://www.survivingantidepressants.org/topic/2883-tips-for-tapering-off-trazodone-desyrel/

I would really recommend doing a Brassmonkey Slide right from the start.  It should be very gentle on your system and yet move you along at the rate you want to go at.  You would reduce by 1.25% a week for four weeks and then hold for an additional two weeks.  This will give a total reduction of 5% every 6 weeks.

We need to know the average weight of your tablets, then we can calculate the reductions and give you a formula so you can do the continued calculations. So If you would get us the average weight of 10 tablets we can start from there.

20 years on Paxil starting at 20mg and working up to 40mg. Sept 2011 started 10% every 6 weeks taper (2.5% every week for 4 weeks then hold for 2 additional weeks), currently at 7.9mg. Oct 2011 CTed 15oz vodka a night, to only drinking 2 beers most nights, totally sober Feb 2013.

Since I wrote this I have continued to decrease my dose by 10% every 6 weeks (2.5% every week for 4 weeks and then hold for an additional 2 weeks). I added in an extra 6 week hold when I hit 10mg to let things settle out even more. When I hit 3mgpw it became hard to split the drop into 4 parts so I switched to dropping 1mgpw (pill weight) every week for 3 weeks and then holding for another 3 weeks.  The 3 + 3 schedule turned out to be too harsh so I cut back to dropping 1mgpw every 4 weeks which is working better.

Final Dose 0.016mg.     Current dose 0.000mg 04-15-2017

"It's also important not to become angry, no matter how difficult life is, because you can loose all hope if you can't laugh at yourself and at life in general."  Stephen Hawking

I would love to meet her. You can never have enough support or fiends on here.

I have no idea how to taper Trazodone. I don't even know what it is. I tapered Lexapro and now Xanax.

I know Brassmonkey answered you on your thread.

Did you take 10 pills and average them, or just 1? I just found it easier to do 10 pills and average it out. 

Did you get a Gemini scale? I like mine. You just have to make sure it's on a flat surface and away from any breeze so it will be accurate. But Brassmonkey can help you with all of that also.

You mean your pill is .250mg? 250 mg would be a huge pill. After I crush the 10 pills (mine average .150mg), I subtract 5% which would make mine .142mg. I then weigh .142mg on the scale and take a small piece of paper folded in 1/2 (like a sticky note) and pour it in there. Then pour it into the capsule. If that makes sense.  I pour it over a plate in case some spills I can get it back in the paper and pour it in the capsule. Then next month I will take the .142mg and subtract 5% and get .135mg. So I would weigh .135mg next month, and just keep going down each month. Keep the extra powder in an empty pill bottle and label it Trazodone powder. Pretty soon you will have enough for an extra pill. It adds up fast.

Brassmonkey said he would help you to calculate the doses for you. His method is really good. I see a lot of people using it. Much gentler on your system than what I am doing. I'm doing a straight 5% a month, where he has you do 1.25% a week for 4 weeks, then hold the dosage for an additional 2 weeks before you taper again. I know a lot of people that have virtually no wd symptoms with his method. He is very knowledgeable about this. A lot more that I am. That's why he is a mod and I'm not. I just told you how I do it.

All I know from my experience with the Lexapro taper, slow and steady wins the race. Don't try to rush it or you'll be in trouble. I learned the hard way. That's why I'm being so cautious with my Xanax taper.

You will do fine with Brassmonkey's help.

I'm only letting you know how I do my taper. But please listen to the mods. That's their job and they are all very good at it. I would trust each one of them.

But I would love to have us for moral support for each other. You can't get enough.

Take care,

Frogie xx

Hi friend I just woke up, over the weekend I was admitted to the hospital because I had bacterial infection and the infection was going in my blood so they admitted me I'm feeling lousy I'm waiting on my scale from Amazon I didn't it yet and my friend also told me to buy metal file A mirror, a calculator so all that is coming.

it's kind of scary when you don't know what you're doing like I am so in the dark but I know once I get going I would be able to keep going

I just want to get off of this drug I don't know if this drug is giving me headache on a daily basis but I need to get off of this drug

250mg trazodone