tezza: risperdal withdrawal

tezza

Hi Tezza

I haven't been on the site much. Been busy. Good but busy. You said there five troubling situations that cropped. Without WD that is an awful lot of stress or sadness. It seems most people are dealing with more than one life's stressor. It's in doubles and triples these days.

If you would like to talk, just let me know. Email or PM.....

Your faith is strong and if God brought you to it, he will bring you thru it....JD Jakes

You have friends here because you are such a good friend to all the members.

As much as i hate to say this....this too shall pass.

Not eating and sleeping are reactions that most people do have. Sleep goes out the window and then the spiraling downward begins. You will eat when you are hungry. Don't worry about that.

Hang in there....love you

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Crossed over to Lexapro Paxil not available

at Pharmacies GSK halted deliveries

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Now Nefazadone/Imipramine 50mgs. each

45mgs. Serzone  50mgs. Imipramine

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for your kind words and thoughts, Nikki. I like TD Jakes, too. We seem to listen to a lot of the same speakers!

Actually, I won't eat even though I do get hungry when I'm like I was but I'm getting over it. It is passing, not resolved but I'm accepting things as they have happened. Nothing else I can do.

I am eating at least one meal a day, now. I'm sleeping better too, not as good as I'd hope for, but better.

I'm glad you are good and busy! I've had my six year old granddaughter this week and she has kept me busy too! Now I'm tired! She is so sweet, though. I've colored so many "Hello Kitty" pictures, it's a wonder I'm not doing that in my sleep! She was good to have here during this time, I'm sure it helped me pull out of the low mood.

I didn't have much free time, she was constantly needing something. Her teenage aunt begged her to stay with her one day this week but she chose to stay with her "Nana", that made me happy!

God has helped me and I expect Him to finish His work. Thank you for being here for me!

Hugs

Tezza

You've been there for me, just want to send my hugs and prayers.

Haven't been on much as I have been struggling too :-)

I had dealt with and overcome one situation (with DIL) then as soon as I got past that, another one came along, then another, then another....I was overwhelmed! I'm a very peace loving person and those types of situations cause me to get unbalanced.

I can't eat or sleep when I get that way, I spiral down in the worst way possible. It was all too much at one time. I have finally come to terms by accepting that what has happened, has happened. I can't change it, it's done. It took me several days to pull out of the darkness but for now, I'm okay.

Sometimes it seems like the hits just keep coming. You are barely out of one situation and another pops up. Sometimes I wonder if learning to not get pulled into the emotional drama of situations is the point of it. Like if you have a situation that you let get to you, sweep you away in the 'drama' or emotions of it, will that pattern keep happening? And if you learn how to detach some from it so you're not at the mercy of it, if that helps. I've tried to detach from emotional stuff in my life and it seems that if I can distance myself just enough so that it's not like I'm in the middle of a storm, I do much better with it and don't spiral down as much if at all. But the trick is to not let it sweep me up like a tornado. What you said about accepting it really does seem to be the key. I think the turmoil comes from the initial shock or blow of the situation and then getting pulled deep into it, but the sooner we recognize that is what's happening, the easier it is to disengage from it. Eckhart Tolle was helpful with methods on this. Not sure if it was a book or a CD that was really helpful. Can't remember right now. Most of his stuff is pretty good.

Anyway, I'm glad you're doing better now. I hope it continues that way.

• Moderator Emeritus

Starlite,

Thank you for stopping by my thread and giving encouragement. You speak very well and intellectually also. I've come in contact with so many people in my life that didn't know the difference between 'here' and 'hear', 'to' and 'too' and so on....

I'm amazed by the people on this forum, I notice the way people use language; the majority, here, know how to write well. Anyone can do a typo error from time to time but one can tell the difference.

Even in our cog fog we all do fairly well!

Sorry, I went off on a tangent but I just wanted to say that for a while now.

Anyway, you are right, I need to accept (not except) things and move on knowing that I am blessed. I can't help wondering, though, why good people go through the worst trials in life and bad people live such a trouble free life.

• Moderator Emeritus

It doesn't seem fair does it Tezza?

If you believe in past lives and Karma, the theory is that those 'bad' people in this life did something good in a past life so they are reaping the produce of their past actions. So too, we are sowing karmic seeds for your future (and future lives).

I'm not sure what I believe to be honest. There are many explanations for it and each religion will have their own spin on things.

But I do try to be a good person. It doesn't always work out that way when I'm in the thick of things and I get caught up in my own ego, but most of the time I do okay.

Eckhart Tolle is a great teacher - I loved his book 'A New Earth'.

July 2001 prescribed 20mg citalopram for depression;
On and off meds from 2003-2006.
February 2006 back on 20mg citalopram and stayed on it until my last attempt at tapering in September 2011.
By far the worst withdrawal symptoms ever. Reinstated to 20mg citalopram
October 2012 - found this forum!
Nov 2012 to Feb 2013 did 10% taper, got doen to 11mg - was going great until stressful situation. Cortisol levels hit the roof, hideous insomnia forced me to updose to 20mg.
March 2016 - close to 100% back to normal!

****** I am not a medical practitioner, any advice I give comes from my own experience or reading and is only my perspective ******

Sorry, I went off on a tangent but I just wanted to say that for a while now.

Anyway, you are right, I need to accept (not except) things and move on knowing that I am blessed. I can't help wondering, though, why good people go through the worst trials in life and bad people live such a trouble free life.

I've wondered about that. Though I don't think it's as even a divide as good people have lots of problems while bad have none. I think it's probably an even dispersal but we tend to notice the bad who have it good and the good that suffer. I wish I understood what the point of it all was. I've come across teachings and beliefs that we are each a part of infinite intelligence that experiences and knows itself though us and our experiences and how we handle them. Of course, if that's true, I feel like this infinite intelligence should be a bit wiser and realize it's collected enough data on suffering and who I am despite it and how it has changed me and perhaps back the hell off. I wish I felt blessed, but I don't. I feel tired of it all, worn down and that I'm still trying to make the best of it despite how I feel astonishes me.

I'm really glad that you do feel blessed. That is a gift worth cherishing.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tezza...

I have not been able to stop in to read and post, and to say hello that often. Just wanted to let you know I do think about you.

Didn't know you have a granddaughter. That's lovely.

How are you feeling?

Intro: http://survivingantidepressants.org/index.php?/topic/1902-nikki-hi-my-rundown-with-ads/

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Nikki,

Than you for dropping by my thread. I actually have four grand-daughters. They are all beautiful!

I'm feeling ok these days, thanks for asking, Nikki.

Still, same ole, same ole....broken sleep pattern and mild tinnitus (mild compared to what it once was, I'll take that for now). I do have a quiet day usually once, sometimes twice a week.

I hope you stay well!

Many hugs

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Tezza, just wanted to stop by your thread as I've been a bit out of the loop lately. I'm sorry you've been going through such a tiring time, your granddaughter sounds so sweet. Are you eating better now? I'm the same my stomach knots up and my appetite just goes when I'm stressed.

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

http://prozacwithdrawal.blogspot.com/
Original drug was sertraline/Zoloft, switched to Prozac in 2007.
Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, in July 2013 I reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. 

A few months down the line I switched to 5ml liquid Prozac and tapered down to a compromise dose of 3ml liquid Prozac and have stayed there ever since, no withdrawals and no emotional blunting/loss of libido.

Hi there Tezza, been having a quick read through your story and would also like to know how you are doing today. When I have no appetite I drink loads of fresh orange juice and make sure I eat some toast and bananas, can always manage this. Thinking of you and sending lots of love, hope things start looking up. Xxxxxxxxx

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Tezza,

I hope your sleep settles soon

hugs xx

July 2001 prescribed 20mg citalopram for depression;
On and off meds from 2003-2006.
February 2006 back on 20mg citalopram and stayed on it until my last attempt at tapering in September 2011.
By far the worst withdrawal symptoms ever. Reinstated to 20mg citalopram
October 2012 - found this forum!
Nov 2012 to Feb 2013 did 10% taper, got doen to 11mg - was going great until stressful situation. Cortisol levels hit the roof, hideous insomnia forced me to updose to 20mg.
March 2016 - close to 100% back to normal!

****** I am not a medical practitioner, any advice I give comes from my own experience or reading and is only my perspective ******

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Tezza, just wanted to stop by your thread as I've been a bit out of the loop lately. I'm sorry you've been going through such a tiring time, your granddaughter sounds so sweet. Are you eating better now? I'm the same my stomach knots up and my appetite just goes when I'm stressed.

Thank you,strawberry. My grand-daughter is precious. I kept her some before she started school. My daughter had another baby girl in September and I wasn't physically able to keep her. That made me sad :( . She's been sick a lot from being in daycare.

I am eating better, now, things settled with my DIL, she said she didn't mean to unfriend and block me on FB but I'm not sure I believe that. I'm just glad it's behind us. I hardly get to see the two grand-daughters by her and my son, it's been like that all their lives.

The special bond was never made because I couldn't even hold the first one after she was born, no one was allowed to hold her. I've showered my daughters girls with much love. I love my son's girls very much, too, but it's different when you can't bond.

My DIL told me a long time ago that she wished I had the kind of bond with her first child that I had with my daughter's first. I think she may have regretted things, at least for a while. It's a sad situation that I try not to think about much.

Thank you for stopping by. Are you feeling better?

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi there Tezza, been having a quick read through your story and would also like to know how you are doing today. When I have no appetite I drink loads of fresh orange juice and make sure I eat some toast and bananas, can always manage this. Thinking of you and sending lots of love, hope things start looking up. Xxxxxxxxx

Hi Fizz,

I'm glad you stooped by my thread. I'm feeling pretty good, lately. Thank you for asking and sending me love! Love is the greatest gift in the universe, to me.

I hope you're feeling good today, too.

Sending love and hugs back to you!

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Tezza,

I hope your sleep settles soon

hugs xx

Hi basil,

The sleep is not as bad as it once was, thankfully. I just wake two or three times but I'm very thankful to be able to go back to sleep. From what I hear, a lot of people wake during the night like that even though they're not tapering anything. I've always been somewhat insomniac.

It's much better than it was when the issues with my DIL were going on.

Thank you for stopping in and sending hugs. Hugs back to you. I hope you're having a really good day!

• Moderator Emeritus

Good days and not so good days Tezza thanks for asking, but better than I was on the whole.

So sad about your sons' daughters, the grandparent bond can be so special, our oldest had a special bond with his Grandad because he spent a lot of time with him on days I was at work, when I had my second son, my in laws didn't feel able to cope with two, so my youngest never had quite the same bond.

*** Please note this is not medical advice,discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner***

Tapering from 5mls liquid prozac since Feb 2008, got down to 0.85ml 23/09/2012, reinstated back to 1ml(4mg) 07/11/2012, didn't appear to work, upped to 1.05ml 17/11/2012, back down to 1ml 12/12/2012 didn't work, up to 1.30ml 16/3/2013 didn't work, bumped up to 2ml (8mg) 4/4/2013 didn't work, in July 2013 I reinstated Sertraline (Zoloft) 50mg, feeling better now. 

A few months down the line I switched to 5ml liquid Prozac and tapered down to a compromise dose of 3ml liquid Prozac and have stayed there ever since, no withdrawals and no emotional blunting/loss of libido.

• Moderator Emeritus

Well I'm a lot better than I was around Christmas, but still not as good as I was say a year ago, it has been a battle uphill, I up dosed again which has helped somewhat, haven't blogged or written much about it on here yet though. It's a struggle for so many of us.

Strawberry..I stop back to see how you are often...Hope you have a peaceful day.

C/T Celexa and Trazadone on Jan.29th 2014
Prescribed 1mg of Klonopin every 6 hours on Jan.29th
Began tapering Klonopin April 18th..stretching time between doses...at first one hour for 2 weeks then a half hour for app.10 days then another half hour 10days later.
Presently at .25 three times a day..6 2 and 10pm. Trying to stabilize.
Also still taking gabapentin 300mgs 2xs a day..

• Administrator

Drive by hug, Tezza Posted Image

2007 @ 375 mg Effexor - 11/29/2011 - 43.75 mg Effexor (regular) & .625 mg Xanax

200 mg Gabapentin 2/27/21 - 194.5 mg, 5/28/21 - 183 mg, 8/2/21 - 170 mg, 11/28/21 - 150 mg, 4/19/22 - 122 mg; 8//7/22 - 100 mg; 12/17 - 75mg; 8/17 - 45 mg; 10/16 40 mg
Xanax taper: 3/11/12 - 0.9375 mg, 3/25/12 - 0.875 mg, 4/6/12 - 0.8125 mg, 4/18/12 - 0.75 ; 10/16 40mg;

1/16 0.6875 mg; at some point 0.625 mg
Effexor taper: 1/29/12 - 40.625 mg, 4/29/12 - 39.875 mg, 5/11/12 - Switched to liquid Effexor, 5/25/12 - 38 mg, 7/6/12 - 35 mg, 8/17/12 - 32 mg, 9/14/12 - 30 mg, 10/19/12 - 28 mg, 11/9/12 - 26 mg, 11/30/12 - 24 mg, 01/14/13 - 22 mg. 02/25/13 - 20.8 mg, 03/18/13 - 19.2 mg, 4/15/13 - 17.6 mg, 8/10/13 - 16.4 mg, 9/7/13 - 15.2 mg, 10/19/13 - 14 mg, 1/15/14 - 13.2 mg, 3/1/2014 - 12.6 mg, 5/4/14 - 12 mg, 8/1/14 - 11.4 mg, 8/29/14 - 10.8 mg; 10/14/14 - 10.2 mg; 12/15/14 - 10 mg, 1/11/15 - 9.5 mg, 2/8/15 - 9 mg, 3/21/15 - 8.5 mg, 5/1/15 - 8 mg, 6/9/15 - 7.5 mg, 7/8/15 - 7 mg, 8/22/15 - 6.5 mg, 10/4/15 - 6 mg; 1/1/16 - 5.6 mg; 2/6/16 - 5.2 mg; 4/9 - 4.8 mg; 7/7 4.5 mg; 10/7 4.25 mg; 11/4 4.0 mg; 11/25 3.8 mg; 4/24 3.6 mg; 5/27 3.4 mg; 7/8 3.2 mg ... 10/18 2.8 mg; 1/18 2.6 mg; 4/7 2.4 mg; 5/26 2.15mg; 8/18 1.85 mg; 10/7 1.7 mg; 12/1 1.45 mg; 3/2 1.2 mg; 5/4 0.90 mg; 6/1 0.80 mg; 6/22 0.65 mg; 08/03 0.50 mg, 08/10 0.45 mg, 10/05 0.325 mg, 11/23 0.2 mg, 12/14 0.15 mg, 12/21 0.125 mg, 02/28 0.03125 mg, 2/15 0.015625 mg, 2/29/20 0.00 mg - OFF Effexor

I am not a medical professional - this is not medical advice. My suggestions are based on personal experience, reading, observation and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers

• Moderator Emeritus

Drive by hugs, I like that...have another drive by hug :D

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you Strawberry. Y'all musta sensed that I needed those hugs.

I've been meaning to apologize to everyone for not being here much the last several days. I've been dealing with stressful situations over grown children again!

When they were small, my husband kept me stressed out. Now that they're grown, my husband has changed and now I lean on him for support (when he's home and not sleeping, both of those are more often than not). It's weird how the role reversal has taken place. My husband never stresses over anything, sometimes I wonder if that's a flaw.

I worry too much and hubby doesn't seem concerned, let alone worry about anything. Thank God, he HAS changed as far as putting me through even more stress, though.

Hugs to you Strawberry, I hope you feel better soon.

Love to all

Thinking of you, Tezza. I'm sorry you're dealing with more adult children issues.

Love and hugs!

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

Tezza I have posted a few threads on my adult daughter. Lover her to pieces, however she can create alot of drama which equals stress.

Role reversals are sometimes such a shock to the system particularly with elderly parents.

I think it's great that you can now lean on your spouse for support. :) If you need to lean, keep leaning. And you can come here as well.

Hugs

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

Tezza,

I'm so sorry you're continuing to have problems with the adult children. Do they all live near you? (I apologize if you've said before).

Hugs!

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

Hey Tezza.....

Trouble with daughter. Not good.

What are you up too and how are you feeling?

Tezza, I, like you stay connected to my Higher Power. I pray alot and it gives me comfort.

Been journaling like mad lately. It helps.

Lots of hugs

Paxil 1997-2004

Lexapro 40mgs

Lexapro taper (2years)

Imipramine

Imipramine and Celexa

• Moderator Emeritus

Hey Nikki,

I'm trying to stay very busy to keep my mind off unpleasantness. There's plenty to do but it's hard to be THAT motivated.

My mood is not bad, just bored and lonely. Tinnitus is usually mild most of the time, now. It seems like the lower I get in dose, the lower the sound. It makes me wonder if the drugs are actually causing the tinnitus. It first hit me during a very long hold on Risperdal and before I started tapering Remeron.

I'm so sorry you're having daughter problems. I certainly relate to that. Life was easier when they were small!

I'm sorry I haven't been around much lately, everyone! I'm just trying to focus on other things more to get through some things. I hope everyone understands.

Lots of love and hugs to all!