tezza: risperdal withdrawal

tezza

• Moderator Emeritus

Well, my husband made me go with him to Home Depot this afternoon, to return the inexpensive laminate wood flooring. He made me go so that we could look at other options for when we are ready to get something a little better. I was afraid the one he'd gotten wouldn't hold up very well, plus it needed an underlayment. Since he'd already took the carpet out, I now have just a particle board floor. You know what? I'm happy to have that, ya know why? Some people don't have a floor at all.

I'm learning to be content and know that I'm blessed to have just what I have, for many people have less. If I have muscle twitches in my legs, I'm happy that I have legs. If I wake up all during the night, I've had some sleep. If I have tinnitus, I have ears. I still have some low moods but I've seen people that don't have enough mind to be sad.

I'm realizing and trying to accept things that I can't change.

Hugs and healing to all...

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm learning to be content and know that I'm blessed to have just what I have, for many people have less. If I have muscle twitches in my legs, I'm happy that I have legs. If I wake up all during the night, I've had some sleep. If I have tinnitus, I have ears. I still have some low moods but I've seen people that don't have enough mind to be sad.

I'm realizing and trying to accept things that I can't change.

Hi Tezza, it's okay to be mad, sad, angry or glad just because that is what you feel. Sometimes we need to own our emotions so we can work them through, otherwise we can never let them go and move on. As much as we would like, it's not possible to look on the bright side all the time.

If my ears ring too loud or too long, I cuss em out roundly. Makes me feel better.

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Schuyler,

I agree, do what you need to do to make yourself feel better. I totally sympathize with you on the ringing ears. It can be maddening! You are a great help to so many suffering people on this forum.

I'm merely trying to get off my pity pot. When I stop being so self-centered, I can clearly see that things could be a lot worse. You always seem to brighten someone's thread with your kindness, encouragement and helpful advice. I always welcome your input and love reading your posts.

Of course we can't always see the bright side of every situation but I want my attitude to change, to try to be more positive, then maybe I can be some help to others, the way you help others. You are a blessing to the forum!

Hugs to you, Schuyler

Love,

Tezza

Hi Tezza,

Just wanted to say hi... I can really relate to what you have been going through, including reminding yourself to be thankful. It's a tough balance to allow yourself hurt and disappointment, but not let yourself fall into pity. I go through that all the time. I was making a list of stuff I am thankful for... I am so thankful I can walk and use my hands, I am so thankful I don't have tardive dyskinesia... etc. It helps put things in perspective.

Hugs to you, I am so sorry for your pain and I applaud you for your courage!

'94-'08 On/off ADs. Mostly Zoloft & Wellbutrin, but also Prozac, Celexa, Effexor, etc.
6/08 quit Z & W after tapering, awful anxiety 3 mos. later, reinstated.
11/10 CTed. Severe anxiety 3 mos. later & @ 8 mos. much worse (set off by metronidazole). Anxiety, depression, anhedonia, DP, DR, dizziness, severe insomnia, high serum AM cortisol, flu-like feelings, muscle discomfort.
9/11-9/12 Waves and windows of recovery.
10/12 Awful relapse, DP/DR. Hydrocortisone?
11/12 Improved fairly quickly even though relapse was one of worst waves ever.

1/13 Best I've ever felt.

3/13 A bit of a relapse... then faster and shorter waves and windows.

4/14 Have to watch out for triggers, but feel completely normal about 80% of the time.

RIght on, Tezza! That's great that you are trying to keep a positive mind! I usually make a list of 10 things I am grateful for when I am down, as well.

Hugs!

2008 - started taking Risperidone.

In 2014 tried to taper it, taperred it to 1mg during several months then abruptly stopped, ended up in the hospital. 

2014-2015  -  been off meds 3 times, all 3 times ended in the hospital and was put back on them.

13 Jun 2016 - went  from 2 mg Risperidone to 1.5mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you Nikki and Vasea,

It seems to really make a difference. There is so much to be thankful for so I need to focus more on that. Alto once told me to "change the "channel" when I'm feeling low. This is a way of doing that. If I remember correctly, Karma once told me to write down my negative thoughts and then write something more positive that would outweigh the negative though. I'm not wording that exactly as she did but maybe you get what I'm saying.

One of her examples was like, what if I lose my job? Her positive was, if I do lose my job, I will get a better one. That stuck in my mind all this time, I will have to read back through, but she made some good points.

I understand that there are times when this is next to impossible to do. I've had times during WD that my mind would immediately switch back to the "sad channel". So, I do understand what Schuyler was saying, as well. For now, however, it is working, so once again, one more thing I'm thankful for.

I want to get well enough to be able to help others, then I won't feel as if all this suffering has been in vain. I hope to have a testimony when this is behind me that will give someone else that much needed hope.

Some people are blessed to be a great deal of help to others even while enduring the battle, that includes both of you. Sometimes I feel so negative that I'm afraid when I try to post encouragement to someone that negativity will ultimately come through. I really want to "help" whenever I can.

Only the people that have suffered this hell, can possibly understand what it's really like, I feel. Outsiders only know about depression, anxiety, insomnia and the like, on a more natural level. These symptoms from WD are on a whole different level, for lack of a better description. In other words, many will say, "this is not like the _______________ I had before".

Hugs to both of you....

Tezza

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Well, my husband wouldn't let me back out of the trip to the Smokies. I must admit, I did have fun. I also talked him into cutting it two days short and I'm glad to be home.

We went there Friday, Saturday morning, I woke at 3:30am and couldn't go back to sleep. The remainder of the trip, I took a sleep aid called Mid Nite and was able to go back to sleep. I always wake several times during the night but can deal with it if I go back to sleep.

My mood had already improved a lot before the trip, thankfully, otherwise he woulda been dragging me.

I'm still having the vivid dreams and it seems like they make me wake up but I'm not sure.

The leaves were at peak so the mountains were beautiful.

Love and healing to all,

Tezza

I'm not sure if the supplement helped with sleep or if I was just back to usual.

Edited by tezza
  • Moderator Emeritus

YAY!!!!!!!!! How great is THAT! I'm so glad that your husband was persistent and yet willing to respect your boundaries in needing to come home a bit early!!! Lucky Gal!!!

I hope the run of a successful good time keeps your spirits up. Would love to have seen the colors. Lucky YOU, Tezza!

Fall 1995 xanax, zoloft. switched to Serzone

1996- spring 2003serzone/ xanax/ lightbox.

b]Fall 2003- Fall 2004? Lexapro 10 mg. Light box /4 mg. xanax.[/b]

2004 - Fall of 2009 10 mg Lex, 150 mg Wellbutrin XL % 4 mg xanax

November 2009- Sept. 2011 10 mg lex., 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax [/b

Sept.2012- July 2012 20 mg Lex 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax

My mantra " go slow & with the flow "

3/2/13.. Began equal dosing 5 Xs /day xanax, while simultaneously incorporating a 2.5 % drop ( from 3.5 mg/day to 3.4 mg/day)

4/6/13 dropped from 300 mg. Wellbutrin XL to 150 mg. Difficult but DONE! Down to 3.3 mg xanax/ day / 6/10/13 3 mg xanax/day; 7/15/2013 2.88mg xanax/day.

10/ 1/2013...... 2.5 mg xanax… ( switched to tablets again) WOO HOO!!!!!! Holding here… cont. with Lexapro.

1/ 2/2014.. tapered to 18mg ( by weight) of a 26 mg ( by weight) pill of 20 mg tab. lexapro. goal is 13mg (by weight OR 10 mg by ingredient content) and STOPPED. Feeling very down with unbalanced, unpredictable WD symptoms.

1/2/2014- ??? Taking a brain-healing break from tapering anything after actively tapering something for 1.5 years. So… daily doses as of 2/2/2014: 18 mg by weight Lex, 150 mg Well. XL, 2.5 mg xanax, down from 26 mg by weight Lex., 300 mg well. XL, 4 mg xanax in August, 2012. I'll take it. :) 5/8/14 started equivalent dose liquid./ tabs. 5/13/14 1.5 % cut.

• Moderator Emeritus

Thanks, areyouthere! I do feel pretty lucky. My husband is very supportive and I'm so grateful for him being so. I woke him up on Saturday morning at 5am because I wanted coffee. He is a charm these days. He makes up for all the bad times in our early years but he was only 17 when we were married. He really has mellowed out.

I hope all is going well with you.

Hugs,

Tezza

Nice Tezza! Glad you had a good time on your vacation!!!

I have the same problem with vivid dreams. It seems like when the image becomes really vivid, the sleep fades and I wake up. I can wake up a couple of times during the night, but I usually go back to sleep and fall asleep again.

In 2014 tried to taper it, taperred it to 1mg during several months then abruptly stopped, ended up in the hospital. 

2014-2015  -  been off meds 3 times, all 3 times ended in the hospital and was put back on them.

• Moderator Emeritus

November!!! Woo hoo! Hey Tezza..... how did you taper from 3 mg xanax to 1 mg?

Thanks,

RU

Fall 1995 xanax, zoloft. switched to Serzone

1996- spring 2003serzone/ xanax/ lightbox.

b]Fall 2003- Fall 2004? Lexapro 10 mg. Light box /4 mg. xanax.[/b]

2004 - Fall of 2009 10 mg Lex, 150 mg Wellbutrin XL % 4 mg xanax

November 2009- Sept. 2011 10 mg lex., 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax [/b

Sept.2012- July 2012 20 mg Lex 300 Well. XL, 4 mg Xanax

My mantra " go slow & with the flow "

3/2/13.. Began equal dosing 5 Xs /day xanax, while simultaneously incorporating a 2.5 % drop ( from 3.5 mg/day to 3.4 mg/day)

4/6/13 dropped from 300 mg. Wellbutrin XL to 150 mg. Difficult but DONE! Down to 3.3 mg xanax/ day / 6/10/13 3 mg xanax/day; 7/15/2013 2.88mg xanax/day.

10/ 1/2013...... 2.5 mg xanax… ( switched to tablets again) WOO HOO!!!!!! Holding here… cont. with Lexapro.

1/ 2/2014.. tapered to 18mg ( by weight) of a 26 mg ( by weight) pill of 20 mg tab. lexapro. goal is 13mg (by weight OR 10 mg by ingredient content) and STOPPED. Feeling very down with unbalanced, unpredictable WD symptoms.

1/2/2014- ??? Taking a brain-healing break from tapering anything after actively tapering something for 1.5 years. So… daily doses as of 2/2/2014: 18 mg by weight Lex, 150 mg Well. XL, 2.5 mg xanax, down from 26 mg by weight Lex., 300 mg well. XL, 4 mg xanax in August, 2012. I'll take it. :) 5/8/14 started equivalent dose liquid./ tabs. 5/13/14 1.5 % cut.

• Moderator Emeritus

areyouthere,

I was very fortunate to be able to reduce by 1/2 tablet at a time until I totally eliminated the two I was taking during the day. I never took them on any kind of schedule either. I just took them whenever I felt anxiety. I just never had really bad WD from them or the two so as I took during the day. It's a whole different story if I try to half the doses I take of each of those at bedtime, though.

I wish you the very best in trying to lower your meds.

Hugs,

Tezza

• Moderator Emeritus

Nice Tezza! Glad you had a good time on your vacation!!!

I have the same problem with vivid dreams. It seems like when the image becomes really vivid, the sleep fades and I wake up. I can wake up a couple of times during the night, but I usually go back to sleep and fall asleep again.

Thank you Vasea!

I knew Remeron caused vivid dreams, tapering seems to as well. That seems to be what happens when I have those dreams. I'm grateful to be able to go back to sleep.

How are you doing?

To keep it all together, to your question I will reply on my journal ;)

Hi Tezza

Just been reading you're posts and replies -

It's hard at first to stay positive but the more you focus the easier it comes if you know what I mean, then you become more thankful and feel somewhat better. As the saying goes: YOUR THOUGHTS BECOME YOU!

Thanks for the posts on this thread - very inspiring and motivational

Debbie x

17 years on seroxat/paxil CT off - thought I was dying luckily found this site. 21st May 2012 12mg seroxat

Stable - Tapered Diazepam slowish.1st June 10mg Seroxat

2nd June 1mg Diazepam.15th June 9mg seroxat

2nd July Changed to 2.5[ml liquid diazepam]2mg=5ml. 16th July 2ml Liquid Diazepam

2nd August 8mg/4ml Seroxat/Paxil 2nd August 1.5 ml Diazepam

18th Aug 2012 1ml Diazepam 1st - 5th Sept 0.5

Diazepam Free!

13th Oct 7mg/3.5ml seroxat - 26 Jan 2013 3.25ml/6.5mg-Mar 3ml-April 2.7ml-May 2.5ml

01/07/14 very slow taper over the last year now on 0.5 ml of liquid Seroxat ......November 14 Seroat Free!!!!!!!

• Moderator Emeritus

areyouthere,

I was very fortunate to be able to reduce by 1/2 tablet at a time until I totally eliminated the two I was taking during the day. I never took them on any kind of schedule either. I just took them whenever I felt anxiety. I just never had really bad WD from them or the two so as I took during the day. It's a whole different story if I try to half the doses I take of each of those at bedtime, though.

I wish you the very best in trying to lower your meds.

Hugs,

Tezza

That was supposed to say " or the two SOMAS I took during the day". Sorry if that was confusing.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Tezza

Just been reading you're posts and replies -

It's hard at first to stay positive but the more you focus the easier it comes if you know what I mean, then you become more thankful and feel somewhat better. As the saying goes: YOUR THOUGHTS BECOME YOU!

Thanks for the posts on this thread - very inspiring and motivational

Debbie x

Hi Debbie x,

Thank you so much for your kind reply. You made me feel good by saying my posts were inspiring and motivational. I strongly desire to be helpful to the forum. You're absolutely correct when you say: YOUR THOUGHTS BECOME YOU. I've finally stabilized and fully intend to stay stabilized. I will be as careful as I possibly can while continuing my tapers.

Hugs and healing to you!

Tezza

• Administrator

tezza! Think of how far you've come! This is wonderful.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

• Moderator Emeritus

Alto,

Much thanks to you!!! I'm very grateful for this forum and the wonderful people that have given me support and advice. I WILL be able to come off these meds.

It's great to be stable once again.

I left magnesium off yesterday because I had a stomach bug and was plagued by muscle twitching today. Even so, life is good!

Hugs and love you a bunch!!!

Tezza

I am glad you stay positive, Tezza!

I also have mild pains in the front behind my eyes and nose, feels like that part is heavy or stiff. I think these are side effects of the meds, I have read once that the main target of Risperdal is the frontal lobe, so I am guessing that. I hope they will go away with tapering.

Peace!

• Administrator

Hi Tezza

Thank so much for dropping by my thread Posted Image. It makes my day when you tell me that I've helped you :rolleyes: . I consider it a blessing to be able to love and support my friends on SA across the miles.

Love and light,

2007 @ 375 mg Effexor - 11/29/2011 - 43.75 mg Effexor (regular) & .625 mg Xanax

200 mg Gabapentin 2/27/21 - 194.5 mg, 5/28/21 - 183 mg, 8/2/21 - 170 mg, 11/28/21 - 150 mg, 4/19/22 - 122 mg; 8//7/22 - 100 mg; 12/17 - 75mg; 8/17 - 45 mg; 10/16 40 mg
Xanax taper: 3/11/12 - 0.9375 mg, 3/25/12 - 0.875 mg, 4/6/12 - 0.8125 mg, 4/18/12 - 0.75 ; 10/16 40mg;

1/16 0.6875 mg; at some point 0.625 mg
Effexor taper: 1/29/12 - 40.625 mg, 4/29/12 - 39.875 mg, 5/11/12 - Switched to liquid Effexor, 5/25/12 - 38 mg, 7/6/12 - 35 mg, 8/17/12 - 32 mg, 9/14/12 - 30 mg, 10/19/12 - 28 mg, 11/9/12 - 26 mg, 11/30/12 - 24 mg, 01/14/13 - 22 mg. 02/25/13 - 20.8 mg, 03/18/13 - 19.2 mg, 4/15/13 - 17.6 mg, 8/10/13 - 16.4 mg, 9/7/13 - 15.2 mg, 10/19/13 - 14 mg, 1/15/14 - 13.2 mg, 3/1/2014 - 12.6 mg, 5/4/14 - 12 mg, 8/1/14 - 11.4 mg, 8/29/14 - 10.8 mg; 10/14/14 - 10.2 mg; 12/15/14 - 10 mg, 1/11/15 - 9.5 mg, 2/8/15 - 9 mg, 3/21/15 - 8.5 mg, 5/1/15 - 8 mg, 6/9/15 - 7.5 mg, 7/8/15 - 7 mg, 8/22/15 - 6.5 mg, 10/4/15 - 6 mg; 1/1/16 - 5.6 mg; 2/6/16 - 5.2 mg; 4/9 - 4.8 mg; 7/7 4.5 mg; 10/7 4.25 mg; 11/4 4.0 mg; 11/25 3.8 mg; 4/24 3.6 mg; 5/27 3.4 mg; 7/8 3.2 mg ... 10/18 2.8 mg; 1/18 2.6 mg; 4/7 2.4 mg; 5/26 2.15mg; 8/18 1.85 mg; 10/7 1.7 mg; 12/1 1.45 mg; 3/2 1.2 mg; 5/4 0.90 mg; 6/1 0.80 mg; 6/22 0.65 mg; 08/03 0.50 mg, 08/10 0.45 mg, 10/05 0.325 mg, 11/23 0.2 mg, 12/14 0.15 mg, 12/21 0.125 mg, 02/28 0.03125 mg, 2/15 0.015625 mg, 2/29/20 0.00 mg - OFF Effexor

I am not a medical professional - this is not medical advice. My suggestions are based on personal experience, reading, observation and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Everyone,

I saw my GP yesterday for a three month check-up. He asked me if I was "down to a lick of the liquid Risperdal". I told him no but I have gone from .375 down to .225 since starting the liquid. He said "you're getting there". I'm down to 5.4 mg of Remeron from 30 mg and down to 12.5 Lamictal from 200 mg. I really have come a long way, even though sometimes I feel like its taking forever. I'm doing ok at this time and I plan to take every precaution necessary to keep it that way.

I still have mild tinnitus and still wake during the night, several times. From time to time, sadness tries to creep in but I'm fighting it. I even stopped in a couple of stores (alone) on my way home yesterday. (One was a new outlet store I just wanted to check out and the other was to pick up an OTC cold med for my husband.) I feel like I'm making progress. I don't want to jinx it though, just wanted to give a little update.

My GP said most people have trouble coming off Celexa instead of Risperdal. I hope he's learning from the experience I've had. I'm thankful he's supportive by allowing me to take my time. In the beginning, he gave me the "too fast taper plan".

Hugs and healing to all!

• Administrator

Great news, Tezza! You are making progress and I am so happy that you recognize that for yourself. It is those little triumphs ... being able to stop at a store on your own ... that mark the milestones toward our final success stories. Keep up the good work.

Posted Image

200 mg Gabapentin 2/27/21 - 194.5 mg, 5/28/21 - 183 mg, 8/2/21 - 170 mg, 11/28/21 - 150 mg, 4/19/22 - 122 mg; 8//7/22 - 100 mg; 12/17 - 75mg; 8/17 - 45 mg; 10/16 40 mg
Xanax taper: 3/11/12 - 0.9375 mg, 3/25/12 - 0.875 mg, 4/6/12 - 0.8125 mg, 4/18/12 - 0.75 ; 10/16 40mg;

Effexor taper: 1/29/12 - 40.625 mg, 4/29/12 - 39.875 mg, 5/11/12 - Switched to liquid Effexor, 5/25/12 - 38 mg, 7/6/12 - 35 mg, 8/17/12 - 32 mg, 9/14/12 - 30 mg, 10/19/12 - 28 mg, 11/9/12 - 26 mg, 11/30/12 - 24 mg, 01/14/13 - 22 mg. 02/25/13 - 20.8 mg, 03/18/13 - 19.2 mg, 4/15/13 - 17.6 mg, 8/10/13 - 16.4 mg, 9/7/13 - 15.2 mg, 10/19/13 - 14 mg, 1/15/14 - 13.2 mg, 3/1/2014 - 12.6 mg, 5/4/14 - 12 mg, 8/1/14 - 11.4 mg, 8/29/14 - 10.8 mg; 10/14/14 - 10.2 mg; 12/15/14 - 10 mg, 1/11/15 - 9.5 mg, 2/8/15 - 9 mg, 3/21/15 - 8.5 mg, 5/1/15 - 8 mg, 6/9/15 - 7.5 mg, 7/8/15 - 7 mg, 8/22/15 - 6.5 mg, 10/4/15 - 6 mg; 1/1/16 - 5.6 mg; 2/6/16 - 5.2 mg; 4/9 - 4.8 mg; 7/7 4.5 mg; 10/7 4.25 mg; 11/4 4.0 mg; 11/25 3.8 mg; 4/24 3.6 mg; 5/27 3.4 mg; 7/8 3.2 mg ... 10/18 2.8 mg; 1/18 2.6 mg; 4/7 2.4 mg; 5/26 2.15mg; 8/18 1.85 mg; 10/7 1.7 mg; 12/1 1.45 mg; 3/2 1.2 mg; 5/4 0.90 mg; 6/1 0.80 mg; 6/22 0.65 mg; 08/03 0.50 mg, 08/10 0.45 mg, 10/05 0.325 mg, 11/23 0.2 mg, 12/14 0.15 mg, 12/21 0.125 mg, 02/28 0.03125 mg, 2/15 0.015625 mg, 2/29/20 0.00 mg - OFF Effexor

I am not a medical professional - this is not medical advice. My suggestions are based on personal experience, reading, observation and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Karma,

Thank you for the encouragement, it does help. I'm glad you are doing well, also. Love, light, healing and ALL GOOD things to you and yours!

I stayed with my elder friend last night at the hospital. Her husband had surgery at 2am to remove another large blood clot from his bladder. I'm really concerned about him. This is the third surgery for this same problem since 10/10. Urologist is keeping him this time until he's off the anti-coagulants long enough to do a biopsy. Please keep him in prayers.

I was happy to come home exhausted today and be cheerfully greeted by my little 'chihuawachsund' or ''dachauahuah'' ( half dachshund/half chihuahua). According to husband, she stayed in LR all night, waiting for me to come home. She slept next to me all day and even snored some. Poor baby must have been awake all night. Anyway, it made me feel so loved. :rolleyes:

Love to all,

Tezza

• Administrator

I like dachauahuah ... aren't animals such a blessing? She LOVES you ... unconditionally! And so do we :rolleyes:

It is a beautiful thing that you had the energy to be available for a friend to support her overnight during this stressful challenge ... you are making such great progress.

Love and light,

Posted Image

Congrats on your progresses, Tezza! :) Im happy for you.

SO sweet that you have a dog! I really love them too, but unfortunately living in an apartment does not allow me to have one. Luckily, I can play with some dogs when i go to the countryhouse ))

• Moderator Emeritus

Karma and Vasea,

Thank you both! I love you guys, too! It really is great to have our pet's unconditional love, plus the love that is shared on this forum is outstanding. IMO, this is the greatest group of people that I could ever find, anywhere.

I'm so glad that I was able to stay with my lady friend. She knows my situation with meds and WD, so she told me I didn't need to come and stay up with her all night. I couldn't let her stay there alone. The hospital short-stay lobby was empty at that time of night, she would have been very frightened, had she been alone. The surgery came up so suddenly that she was unable to reach anyone else. She was very grateful that I was there. She's been there for me during some of my loneliness of WD.

Love and light,

Tezza

Tezza,

Dogs know good people :)

I'm glad you're feeling better and were able to be there for your friend. I hope her husband is doing ok..?

Love you, dear friend.

B

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

• Moderator Emeritus

Barb, you just made my day! I have missed your posts so very much. You are very special to this forum! I hope this means that you are feeling better. I've been concerned about you. You bless so many on here. Thank you for dropping by my thread.

I'm not sure my friend's husband is doing well. It will be very sad if something happens to him. They are the closest couple I've ever known.

Barb, I hope you are feeling better. We all love you!!!

Love and healing,

T

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

I'm obviously not in a good mood today! Has anyone heard that the closest thing to a genius is an IDIOT!

Chuckling. You may be testy, but your sense of irony is in good working order.

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Has anyone heard that the closest thing to a genius is an IDIOT!

Umm.. Is it ok to laugh at this? ;)

Care to explain, Tezza?

{{{HUGS}}}

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

• Moderator Emeritus

Well, Barb, I was reading A56 posts and replies. And it's perfectly fine if you laugh, BTW. I was very outraged at the disrespect she showed to Alto, Gia and Peggy. I wanted to post on her thread but was too angry. I've always been told that the nearest thing to a genius is a total idiot.

I went back there today to tell her a thing or two but found the topic locked.

Grammatically illiterate/ Genius ....yep, Bi-Polar

• Administrator

Not to worry, she is no longer a member here, hence the locking of the topic.

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.