tezza: risperdal withdrawal

tezza

Hi Tezza,

I am skier. I just joined. I need to get off Zoloft. I was reading some other member's stories, that have been here awhile, to get some inspiration.

Wow, Tezza your story is inspirational. Congratulations on what you have done. It gives me strength. In your posts you can see how much clearer you are now that you are off so many of your medications. That is what I need. I am only on Zoloft, but I feel I am in a fog all the time.

Just wondering what member you guys are making fun of, I could use a good laugh.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Oxy addiction in high school. Went to rehab in 2001. Never touched them again.

2009 Suicide Attempt hospitalization started on 50 mg Zoloft Was on some other meds in the hospital don't remember

Just stayed on Zoloft over time dose went up to where I am know 200mg daily

• Moderator Emeritus

Just wondering what member you guys are making fun of, I could use a good laugh.

Hi skier, and welcome to the forum. Tezza and I were venting some frustration. We are generally an understanding crew, and try to be respectful of others. Sometimes people are unable to take advantage of help offered here, and our patience can be challenged as happened in this instance. In general we focus on strengths and try to bolster these in each other. I'm not sure how a good laugh at someone's expense is helpful? Thanks for understanding. Schuyler

As always, LISTEN TO YOUR BODY! A proud supporter of the 10% (or slower) rule.

Requip - 3/16 ZERO  Total time on 25 years.

Lyrica: 8/15 ZERO Total time on 7 or 8 yrs.

BENZO FREE 10/13 (started tapering 7/10)  Total time on 25 years.

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Tezza,

I am skier. I just joined. I need to get off Zoloft. I was reading some other member's stories, that have been here awhile, to get some inspiration.

Wow, Tezza your story is inspirational. Congratulations on what you have done. It gives me strength. In your posts you can see how much clearer you are now that you are off so many of your medications. That is what I need. I am only on Zoloft, but I feel I am in a fog all the time.

Thank you for your kind words, Skier, and welcome to our lovely community. As Schuyler told you, we were just venting. The person that upset me is no longer a member and I'm not surprised by that.

I'm sorry if it seemed like I was making fun, I didn't mean to, really. I suppose I was still too emotional about some comments she had made and should have waited a little longer to cool my heels.

The administrator and staff members here deserve respect. That's the bottom line.

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi skier, and welcome to the forum. Tezza and I were venting some frustration. We are generally an understanding crew, and try to be respectful of others. Sometimes people are unable to take advantage of help offered here, and our patience can be challenged as happened in this instance. In general we focus on strengths and try to bolster these in each other. I'm not sure how a good laugh at someone's expense is helpful? Thanks for understanding. Schuyler

Thank you, Schuyler, for your explanation. You have a wonderful way with words!!!

I was happy to read about your good window. I've had some quiet days, as well, and it is a GREAT relief. I hope the 'tinny' leaves both of us for good, soon!

Hi again,

No I would never laugh at someone who is ill. Sorry for that comment, didn't know what was going on. You all seem so supportive from all that I have been reading. My mom's twin sister is mentally ill, when she is very bad, it is hard to remember she is the Aunt I love. She does and says these crazy things. It is so sad,because she is so creative and usually very kind and loving. I'll be truthful I am so afraid I am going to end up like her. I have not been myself lately. I have so much fear lately, that sleeping seams like a thing of the past.

So glad I found this site

2009 Suicide Attempt hospitalization started on 50 mg Zoloft Was on some other meds in the hospital don't remember

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Skier,

I understand your fear. My mother also was diagnosed as being mentally ill, each time she tried to CT medications. It is very sad to see someone we love in such pitiful condition.

You have found the most caring, supportive and knowledgeable group that could be found. :) I'm glad you found this forum. I'm sure you will be fine but I know how it feels to be scared. I also know about insomnia, it's very dreadful.

I hope you feel better soon.

Hugs,

Tezza

Hi Tezza,

I came up with a plan. I am going to start after finals which are next week. I put it In my post. I can't wait to get off this poison.

I am up early studying and wanted to say hi. I hope all is well with you.

Have a blessed day

Skier

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator Emeritus

Update:

I just updated my sig again. Each time I update it, I must find a way to abbreviate or shorten somewhere. Since this has been happening for a while, I haven't input each tapered step.

Just in case anyone is looking at each step, please know that some steps have been omitted.

I apologize that my sig is lengthy.

I've come a long way but will be glad when I am off some of the meds I'm still taking. I'm down to .5 Xanax at bedtime! YIPEEEE! 3/4 of a soma at bedtime...again, YIPEEEE! .21mg of Risp and 4.8 of Remeron. Very slow process... Oh, and 6.25 Lamictal...YIP, YIP, YIPEEEE!

I'm doing fairly well, although, not like pre-med state. Most nights I get seven or eight hours of broken sleep. I'm not in the black hole of depression. I'm experiencing bouts of motivation. Tinnitus has quieted a great deal, many days I don't have it enough to notice it. Muscle twitches are not very bothersome.

I'm not well but I AM BETTER. Thank God! Is that a light I see in the distance? Yes, I do believe it is the light at the end of my tunnel!

Now, if only I could FEEL Christmassy!!!

Like Alex said, "Merry Christmas", anyway.

Hugs and love to all,

Tezza

• Moderator Emeritus

Update:

I just updated my sig again. Each time I update it, I must find a way to abbreviate or shorten somewhere. Since this has been happening for a while, I haven't input each tapered step.

I've come a long way but will be glad when I am off some of the meds I'm still taking. I'm down to .5 Xanax at bedtime! YIPEEEE! 3/4 of a soma at bedtime...again, YIPEEEE! .21mg of Risp and 4.8 of Remeron. Very slow process... Oh, and 6.25 Lamictal...YIP, YIP, YIPEEEE!

Like Alex said, "Merry Christmas", anyway.

Hi Tezza... I have a possible solution for your medication history. LOL, well it's one I'm going to do. Post in your intro thread, and then immediately link thru from your sig to that section. This way it should also be easier to read.. I struggle when the sig is more than a line or two as I can't make out the faint grey text. When you need to update, just redo the post. Anyhow, check mine out in a day or two and you will see what I mean.

Heyyy, good going on the mediation reduction!

Merry Christmas to you as well. Posted Image

Read my intro thread here, and check the about me section.  "No matter how cynical you get, it's almost impossible to keep up." Lily Tomlin

Yeyy Tezza! Congrats on your progress!!! :D

2008 - started taking Risperidone.

In 2014 tried to taper it, taperred it to 1mg during several months then abruptly stopped, ended up in the hospital. 

2014-2015  -  been off meds 3 times, all 3 times ended in the hospital and was put back on them.

13 Jun 2016 - went  from 2 mg Risperidone to 1.5mg

• Moderator Emeritus

Thank you, Skyler and Vasea! Skyler, I'm not sure what you mean about the sig post but I will watch, maybe I'll figure it out. Thank you for trying to help with that.

HI Tezza, thanks for keeping me on my toes. I made the changes. See what you think?

I need to fix the sig. font ... erg, what default font and size do you show in your sig? I lost it in my tweaking!

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm on an IPAD and it doesn't show a default font size. I like your idea, I'm just not sure how you did it. :unsure:

If you do get some time on a PC, give the font and size?

Not sure how I did it... are you referring to the link that goes thru to where I put the drug history stuff? Just post what you want your intro thread, close it out, then click through to that post from the the index page(it might be called the main index page?)..Then cut and paste the URL as it then appears, and put same in your sig. The URL will go thru to that exact spot in your thread.

• Moderator Emeritus

I'm on an IPAD and it doesn't show a default font size. I like your idea, I'm just not sure how you did it. :unsure:

If you do get some time on a PC, give the font and size?

Not sure how I did it... are you referring to the link that goes thru to where I put the drug history stuff? Just post what you want your intro thread, close it out, then click through to that post from the the index page(it might be called the main index page?)..Then cut and paste the URL as it then appears, and put same in your sig. The URL will go thru to that exact spot in your thread.

Thank you, Skyler!

• Administrator

Hi Tezza,

I am so happy to hear about your progress! You really are doing so well.

Posted Image

Merry Christmas.

2007 @ 375 mg Effexor - 11/29/2011 - 43.75 mg Effexor (regular) & .625 mg Xanax

200 mg Gabapentin 2/27/21 - 194.5 mg, 5/28/21 - 183 mg, 8/2/21 - 170 mg, 11/28/21 - 150 mg, 4/19/22 - 122 mg; 8//7/22 - 100 mg; 12/17 - 75mg; 8/17 - 45 mg; 10/16 40 mg
Xanax taper: 3/11/12 - 0.9375 mg, 3/25/12 - 0.875 mg, 4/6/12 - 0.8125 mg, 4/18/12 - 0.75 ; 10/16 40mg;

1/16 0.6875 mg; at some point 0.625 mg
Effexor taper: 1/29/12 - 40.625 mg, 4/29/12 - 39.875 mg, 5/11/12 - Switched to liquid Effexor, 5/25/12 - 38 mg, 7/6/12 - 35 mg, 8/17/12 - 32 mg, 9/14/12 - 30 mg, 10/19/12 - 28 mg, 11/9/12 - 26 mg, 11/30/12 - 24 mg, 01/14/13 - 22 mg. 02/25/13 - 20.8 mg, 03/18/13 - 19.2 mg, 4/15/13 - 17.6 mg, 8/10/13 - 16.4 mg, 9/7/13 - 15.2 mg, 10/19/13 - 14 mg, 1/15/14 - 13.2 mg, 3/1/2014 - 12.6 mg, 5/4/14 - 12 mg, 8/1/14 - 11.4 mg, 8/29/14 - 10.8 mg; 10/14/14 - 10.2 mg; 12/15/14 - 10 mg, 1/11/15 - 9.5 mg, 2/8/15 - 9 mg, 3/21/15 - 8.5 mg, 5/1/15 - 8 mg, 6/9/15 - 7.5 mg, 7/8/15 - 7 mg, 8/22/15 - 6.5 mg, 10/4/15 - 6 mg; 1/1/16 - 5.6 mg; 2/6/16 - 5.2 mg; 4/9 - 4.8 mg; 7/7 4.5 mg; 10/7 4.25 mg; 11/4 4.0 mg; 11/25 3.8 mg; 4/24 3.6 mg; 5/27 3.4 mg; 7/8 3.2 mg ... 10/18 2.8 mg; 1/18 2.6 mg; 4/7 2.4 mg; 5/26 2.15mg; 8/18 1.85 mg; 10/7 1.7 mg; 12/1 1.45 mg; 3/2 1.2 mg; 5/4 0.90 mg; 6/1 0.80 mg; 6/22 0.65 mg; 08/03 0.50 mg, 08/10 0.45 mg, 10/05 0.325 mg, 11/23 0.2 mg, 12/14 0.15 mg, 12/21 0.125 mg, 02/28 0.03125 mg, 2/15 0.015625 mg, 2/29/20 0.00 mg - OFF Effexor

I am not a medical professional - this is not medical advice. My suggestions are based on personal experience, reading, observation and anecdotal information posted by other sufferers

• Moderator Emeritus
Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a bad wave. Waking between 3 and 5, anxiety, very low mood, desire to die, no motivation, tinnitus...

I hope it doesn't last long. :(

Sorry to hear that, Tezza. If it would console you, I am not having a great time either, even though I might not be as bad as you. I was hoping to visit some friends for new years eve, but I think I will just stay home.

Just hang in there, Tezza, we're on this roller coaster while tapering, so it always be more or less until we are free of these toxins. Be strong, and Happy upcoming new year! :rolleyes:

Thank you, Skyler and Vasea! Skyler, I'm not sure what you mean about the sig post but I will watch, maybe I'll figure it out. Thank you for trying to help with that.

HI Tezza, thanks for keeping me on my toes. I made the changes. See what you think?

I need to fix the sig. font ... erg, what default font and size do you show in your sig? I lost it in my tweaking!

Skyler, the font size is set to 11px. And the font is: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', serif. I've looked in the source. Hope it helps.

In 2014 tried to taper it, taperred it to 1mg during several months then abruptly stopped, ended up in the hospital. 

2014-2015  -  been off meds 3 times, all 3 times ended in the hospital and was put back on them.

• Moderator Emeritus

Vasea,

Thank you for the encouraging words. I'm sorry you're not doing very well. We are, as you say, on a roller coaster.

I've had the flu since Christmas Day and wonder if that has made a difference. I'm sorry you don't feel up to going out New Year's. Hopefully, we will have better days ahead.

Happy New Year to all!

• Administrator

Best for the new year, t and v!

This is not medical advice. Discuss any decisions about your medical care with a knowledgeable medical practitioner.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has surpassed our humanity." -- Albert Einstein

All postings © copyrighted.

Tezza,

I hope you're feeling better. I've been in a very low place, too. This time of year is so d*** difficult.

Here's to a better New Year. Let's make 13 a good one!

Love and hugs,

B

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

• Moderator Emeritus

Barb,

Thank you for dropping in. I hope you're feeling better too.

I got over that awful desire not to live, so yes, I'm better. I hate that dreadful feeling when it is so strong. When I get that, I can't participate in conversation or anything.

Happy and Better New Year!

Hugs and love,

T

Tezza, how are you doing?

Hey Tezza! I hope you are still feeling that old self still :)

I am thinking of making changes to my diet, but I am such a noob regarding diets, because except from trying to be vegetarian for a few months, was never on a diet. I dont know what to change and how to change it.

So, I was wondering if you made any diet changes during your withdrawal and what helped for you?

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Vasea,

I only felt like my old self for one day. I'm ok now, not the me I'd like to be, but ok. I'm better than I was for a long time. For several months, from Sept to March of last year, I felt I'd be better off dead. I have some hope now but there are still days or times when I feel hopeless.

I've never tried any dietary changes. I've never eaten right, all my life. I do well to have one meal per day. I know that's not good but it's been a lifetime thing (at least after I was old enough to eat on my own). When it comes to eating, I'm not disciplined enough to follow any diet. I'd probably do better if I'd maintain better habits when it comes to food.

Negative thoughts plagued me ( sometimes still), so the thing that has helped has been to get my mind on something I have to focus on. For a long time, I couldn't read the newspaper or watch the news because of all the bad. I couldn't watch much tv at all for the same reason. I began playing some games on the IPad and little things like that. I felt like I was exercising my brain.

I once took advice from you, actually, and forced myself to do some chores. That helped some, too, but a game requires that you really focus. I walked several times a day during that six month period. I live in the country so I walked in my back yard, sometimes I even walked inside my house. Games seemed to be a more immediate "pick me up", though.

I still don't like to go places. I don't get the anxiety but I'd rather not go anywhere. During that really bad time, I forced myself to go to church, and it helped. Socialization and music are both said to help and it did to an extent.

Doing something that I must really focus on seems to be what helps me the most.

Love,

T

If that helps you, Tezza, then do it!

As for being disciplinary, you can always learn to do that. I remember I once listened to an interview with Leo Babauta from zenhabits.com (I believe it was on Mental Health Exposed Radio), which really motivated me. He said anyone can change his/her habits, and the reason why most people think they can't is because they try to much too fast and they give up. The key, he said, is to start with baby steps, for example one thing a week, or a month (depending on how hard it would be to change) and just focus on one achievable thing at a time. That easy. If you are interested to listen here is the link: http://radio.naturalnews.com/Archive-MentalHealthExposed.asp (search for Leo Babauta). There are a ton of other great interviews there too.

Wish you well, Tezza! Keep walking the path!

Hey Tezza. Sorry i haven't been around tor you. I think about you often.

I'm the same way with eating. If I eat 1 meal per day, that's a good day. I know that's bad for the body, but hard to change, especially now. I am in awe at the number of people who cook during this time. The Today Show had a segment this morning about Quick and Easy Meals. The first recipe was a pasta dish with about 8 ingredients. We got a good laugh! That is an elaborate dish in my world. We've found some decent frozen meals.

Just wanted to stop by and say hi.

Hugs,

B

Pristiq tapered over 8 months ending Spring 2011 after 18 years of polydrugging that began w/Zoloft for fatigue/general malaise (not mood). CURRENT: 1mg Klonopin qhs (SSRI bruxism), 75mg trazodone qhs, various hormonesLitigation for 11 years for Work-related injury, settled 2004. Involuntary medical retirement in 2001 (age 39). 2012 - brain MRI showing diffuse, chronic cerebrovascular damage/demyelination possibly vasculitis/cerebritis. Dx w/autoimmune polyendocrine failure.<p>2013 - Dx w/CNS Sjogren's Lupus (FANA antibodies first appeared in 1997 but missed by doc).

• Moderator Emeritus

Hi Barb,

Thank you for stopping by. I think of you often too.

Eight ingredients!!! I'm amazed by people who cook meals, as well. I do so rarely. Sometimes I wonder how I used to do all the things I did, like cooking every day.

Hugs and love you,

T